That sucking sound you hear is cancer. 

I remember an interview with Perot years ago. He was IBM's top salesman in the early 60's - he made his annual quota by the end of January - when he decided to go it alone in the software business.

At the time the industry was 80% hardware and 20% software but by the time of the interview those % had reversed.

The interviewer asked him if he had foreseen that reversal and he replied "Hell no - I thought 20% was lots".

This is a pie chart.  The green section is his lifespan, see.  Looky here:

d4i51ve-76656da3-7b6f-406f-a83e-5885af75

Cheers Ross Perot.  You done good. 

• Like 3

his perot systems sucked ass..   back then , his headquaters, was on a beautiful campus surrounded by a golf course in a nice piece of property in north dallas.

to get a job with them,  you would have to sign a $10k promissory note due  if you left before 5 years .  uh, no thanks..  

but he drove the same old 4 door  60's mercury well into the 90's and went to the same crappy barber shop down the street from his office..   I'd like to see a conversation between him and bernie, I'd bet they could figure it all out

also, I'd like to know what ol' Ross thought about trumpy..

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

but he drove the same old 4 door  60's mercury well into the 90's and went to the same crappy barber shop down the street from his office..  

he was a cheap cunt with shitty hair.  

• Like 2

I always thought Gary Oldman's character Zorg in the Fifth Element was influenced by Mr. Perot.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Its cool to say things like that in front of  the other kids.
Self made billionaire Naval veteran who supported liberal causes probably the same as you. Gay rights, abortion, gun control, anti war, aids research, taxing the rich, massive philanthropy. He tried to make a difference. He probably did. He made a mistake with Stockdale 

What have you done for us lately? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

Cheap cunt with bad hair. 

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:
6 minutes ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

moirre streette cred from the peenutte gallerey...........             :)

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

moirre streette cred from the peenutte gallerey...........             :)

Just accurate.  I have no comment on the rest of his life.  

8 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And now you have a crooked cunt with really bad hair.

Ain't progress grand?

that went off the rails pretty quick

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

he was usually sporting a steve roper..   but was a cheap cunt

He lived in Tuckere Towne w/Jr. & Michael & Z, gotta spende cashe live theire!                                              :)

9 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

he was usually sporting a steve roper..   but was a cheap cunt

ken doll adjacent

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

his perot systems sucked ass..   back then , his headquaters, was on a beautiful campus surrounded by a golf course in a nice piece of property in north dallas.

to get a job with them,  you would have to sign a $10k promissory note due  if you left before 5 years .  uh, no thanks..  

but he drove the same old 4 door  60's mercury well into the 90's and went to the same crappy barber shop down the street from his office..   I'd like to see a conversation between him and bernie, I'd bet they could figure it all out

Slight correction - the promissory note was pro-rated to prevent you from leaving for a "better offer" after completing the EDS Systems Engineering program.   It was a curriculum best described as programmer's boot camp - and when I went thru it, there were headhunters calling the classroom asking if anyone wanted to jump ship.   When I was hired by EDS - everyone went to Dallas, and almost everyone met Ross.   Things were done his way at EDS, but, his way worked.  I worked there for 18 years - and things were definitely worse once Ross left.  

He was one of the good ones, and he'll be missed. 

• Like 4

Perot is 1/3 of the trivia question: in what election were all 3 candidates for POTUS left handed? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Perot is 1/3 of the trivia question: in what election were all 3 candidates for POTUS left handed? 

As an adolescent lefty (in handedness, only) at the time, my thinking was: “I might die sooner but I have a damn decent shot to be President.”

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

HWB

WJC

HRP (A.K.A. Ross Perot)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

to get a job with them,  you would have to sign a $10k promissory note due  if you left before 5 years . 

That is seriously fucked.  I would give someone $10K to leave now if they didn't really want to be there.  That would be cheaper.

I joined a company in management when their normally $6 to $7 share were worth $1.50.  They issued each starting manager $20,000 shares that were yours if you stayed there more than 3 years.  Soon they were back up to $7 and was looking at a cool six figure cleanup.  I got to 20 months and left, didn't look back, the enticement was not enough to put up with their shit.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Probably some giant sucking sound...

Ole Ross was right about NAFTA it seems.  Of course Donny didn't fix shit in the new one, and it hasn't been ratified yet either.  

1 hour ago, dakotasailor said:

“If Donald Trump is the Jesus of the disenchanted, displaced non-college white voter, then Perot was the John the Baptist of that sort of movement.”

I always liked James Carville, he certainly has a way with words. 

BTW, I don't know if you noticed but the stroty you linked to was updated to say that Perot's son wans the donnior, not a dying Ross.

30 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

“If Donald Trump is the Jesus of the disenchanted, displaced non-college white voter, then Perot was the John the Baptist of that sort of movement.”

BTW, I don't know if you noticed but the stroty you linked to was updated to say that Perot's son wans the donnior, not a dying Ross.

How Perot paved the way for trump. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/09/politics/ross-perot-legacy/index.html

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Editor’s Note: A previous version of this report wrongly attributed the Trump donation to Ross Perot Sr.

Well shoot now I feel silly. And I guess the question still stands. What did Ross think of President Trump?

When I was watching the news last night they showed some old SNL skits from the Perot, Clinton & Bush debates, Carvey's Bush impression was good but his Perot was HILARIOUS!

Say what you want but he was a damn sight better than anything on either side of the aisle right now. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Say what you want but he was a damn sight better than anything on either side of the aisle right now. 

You are half right.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

Too soon?

16 hours ago, random said:

That is seriously fucked.  I would give someone $10K to leave now if they didn't really want to be there.  That would be cheaper.

I joined a company in management when their normally $6 to $7 share were worth $1.50.  They issued each starting manager $20,000 shares that were yours if you stayed there more than 3 years.  Soon they were back up to $7 and was looking at a cool six figure cleanup.  I got to 20 months and left, didn't look back, the enticement was not enough to put up with their shit.

That’s OK randumb.  They were thinking the same thing when you walked out.  “Thank god that cunt finally left......”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Probably some giant sucking sound...

Ole Ross was right about NAFTA it seems.  Of course Donny didn't fix shit in the new one, and it hasn't been ratified yet either.  

This is a point that is constantly lost on most.  I’m not a huge RP fan, but he did get that one right and he never seems to get credit for it.

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

That’s OK randumb.  They were thinking the same thing when you walked out.  “Thank god that cunt finally left......”

Hahahahaaaa

At least I got another better paying job in the country I live in.

What's it like working for the same people you say did 9/11?

Going to the kitchen to grab a beer and a snack, anyone need anything?

54 minutes ago, hobot said:

Going to the kitchen to grab a beer and a snack, anyone need anything?

Yeah, see if my wasted vote for old big ears is still in the trashcan.

Chips and guacamole please. It’s a little early for a beer but what the hell......grab me a Modelo dark while you’re at it. Thanks!

On 7/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, Blue Crab said:

He was 89 FFS!

Completely agree.  Not many generations ago he would have just died of old age, instead he died of cancer and everyone at the funeral was asked to donate to a fund to help stop people dying.

I bet he was totally over this life anyway ... NEXT!

Edit: Just buried a cow with an excavator, it slants your view on mortality.

• Like 1

Read this book and change your mind about the guy.

https://www.amazon.com/Wings-Eagles-Inspiring-Spirit-Countrymen/dp/0451213092/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2FY8RKSS1SXCD&keywords=on+wings+of+eagles&qid=1562985072&s=gateway&sprefix=on+wings+%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-2

When two of his employees were held hostage in a heavily guarded prison fortress in Iran, one man took matters into his own hands: businessman H. Ross Perot. His team consisted of a group of volunteers from the executive ranks of his corporation, handpicked and trained by a retired Green Beret officer. To free the imprisoned Americans, they would face incalculable odds on a mission that only true heroes would have dared. .

On 7/9/2019 at 3:30 PM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Slight correction - the promissory note was pro-rated to prevent you from leaving for a "better offer" after completing the EDS Systems Engineering program.   It was a curriculum best described as programmer's boot camp - and when I went thru it, there were headhunters calling the classroom asking if anyone wanted to jump ship.   When I was hired by EDS - everyone went to Dallas, and almost everyone met Ross.   Things were done his way at EDS, but, his way worked.  I worked there for 18 years - and things were definitely worse once Ross left.  

He was one of the good ones, and he'll be missed. 

I worked for Ross both at EDS(before and after GM)  and Perot Systems, the note was a legacy of pulling folks out of the oil fields and military training them up to be programmers. Late sixties and early 70's EDS's training program was top notch hands on 3 month boot camp and people were being poached from it all the time.  I was party to the lawsuit that killed promissory note at least in VA after that the notes were all signed in Texas but it eventually died there too.  The dress code rules were a pain also depending on where you were and the color of carpet you crossed dictated whether you needed to put on your suit coat or not.  He was very interesting,  I would speak with him most mornings to say hello etc. and I spent a ton of time in his office as my team maintained his foundation and corporate web sites at Perot Systems so lots of photo shoots with him for various charities etc. that he was involved in. He talked to my daughter about the Naval Academy and recommended to Sam Johnson that he give her one of his nominations. He was funny, fierce and demanding but fair as far as I was involved with him. I liked him a lot and think we lost a good guy when he left.  I will always remember how tickled he got when my daughter told him she was born at the hospital he and his wife built/paid for. He said I knew there was a reason we spent that money. 

44 minutes ago, DarthSailor said:

I worked for Ross both at EDS(before and after GM)  and Perot Systems, the note was a legacy of pulling folks out of the oil fields and military training them up to be programmers. Late sixties and early 70's EDS's training program was top notch hands on 3 month boot camp and people were being poached from it all the time.  I was party to the lawsuit that killed promissory note at least in VA after that the notes were all signed in Texas but it eventually died there too.  The dress code rules were a pain also depending on where you were and the color of carpet you crossed dictated whether you needed to put on your suit coat or not.  He was very interesting,  I would speak with him most mornings to say hello etc. and I spent a ton of time in his office as my team maintained his foundation and corporate web sites at Perot Systems so lots of photo shoots with him for various charities etc. that he was involved in. He talked to my daughter about the Naval Academy and recommended to Sam Johnson that he give her one of his nominations. He was funny, fierce and demanding but fair as far as I was involved with him. I liked him a lot and think we lost a good guy when he left.  I will always remember how tickled he got when my daughter told him she was born at the hospital he and his wife built/paid for. He said I knew there was a reason we spent that money. 

'Deed so - having to put on a suit to come in in the middle of an night to fix an abend was a pain in the butt.  The training WAS top notch - I was OPD, then SED, and in both classes, we had headhunters trying to poach folks.   I stayed there 18 years, leaving for a 50% salary increase in the late 90s.