Sign in to follow this  
Troglodytarum

Trump wins again #MAGA

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Troglodytarum said:

Watch MSNBC or CNN today for a solid hour.

Let me know how many minutes they spend discussing evil DJT or someone connected to his administration.  I will bet it covers at least half of that hour, more likely 45 minutes.   That's Trump  derangement syndrome for you and this is what YOU have been consuming for 3 years now.

I was a subscriber to the NY times all my life.  I gave it up two years ago when it was just page after page of supposition and tactless reporting and just ridiculous OpEds that clearly aimed to promote the clinton campaign.  I still subscribe to their crossword puzzles though.

This administration is a complete train wreck, run by a narcissist.  Trump demands news coverage and says crazy shit just about every day in order to get it. When your President says crazy shit, you cover it.  The other apparent misconception among Trump supporters is that reporting accusations is not "fake news" regardless of the outcome of that accusation.

Early on in this circus, I remember Trump recalling denying that he ever asked Comey for his loyalty.  He called that fake news. Comey actually said it.  It was not at all fake news.  I don't recall anyone making that distinction which pissed me off at the time. 

If there was a NY subway train crash every day that killed passengers, there would be practically non-stop coverage of NY subway train crashes.  This would not imply that the mainstream media has a bias against trains.  

If the CEO of the NYC Transit Authority were to claim that nobody was killed in the latest crash, and it turns out people WERE killed, reporting his statement would not be fake news. 

I hope this clears things up for you.  Stop gobbling up the bullshit Trump is shoving down your throat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troglodytarum said:

Muslim Terrorist attacks downgraded to workplace violence.

"There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama embraced the US drone program, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush."

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-01-17/obamas-covert-drone-war-in-numbers-ten-times-more-strikes-than-bush

 

How does this at all reflect a downgrade in regard to Muslim Terrorist attacks?   When's the last time you saw a case of workplace violence countered with a Predator Drone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benwynn said:

This administration is a complete train wreck, run by a narcissist.  Trump demands news coverage and says crazy shit just about every day in order to get it. When your President says crazy shit, you cover it.  The other apparent misconception among Trump supporters is that reporting accusations is not "fake news" regardless of the outcome of that accusation.

Early on in this circus, I remember Trump recalling denying that he ever asked Comey for his loyalty.  He called that fake news. Comey actually said it.  It was not at all fake news.  I don't recall anyone making that distinction which pissed me off at the time. 

If there was a NY subway train crash every day that killed passengers, there would be practically non-stop coverage of NY subway train crashes.  This would not imply that the mainstream media has a bias against trains.  

If the CEO of the NYC Transit Authority were to claim that nobody was killed in the latest crash, and it turns out people WERE killed, reporting his statement would not be fake news. 

I hope this clears things up for you.  Stop gobbling up the bullshit Trump is shoving down your throat. 

And yet the economy is chugging along.  Interest rates are low.  Employment is up, especially minority employment.  ISIS/IRQ/AFG are subsided.  NK is talking.  Iran is boxed in.  China finally acknowledging the trade imbalance and IP theft.  Mexico is stepping up it's own border control.   NATO is realizing they need to pay their fair share.  Putin hasn't tried to push Russian expansion.  Yet all you care about is that Trump is liar, narcissist, pussy grabber, whatever.    

The only thing keeping this country down is democrats not wanting to control immigration to bolster their representation numbers, racial strife fueled by a cult of victimization and intersectional nonsense, etc.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, benwynn said:

"There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama embraced the US drone program, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush."

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-01-17/obamas-covert-drone-war-in-numbers-ten-times-more-strikes-than-bush

 

How does this at all reflect a downgrade in regard to Muslim Terrorist attacks?   When's the last time you saw a case of workplace violence countered with a Predator Drone?

I'm talking about domestic terrorist incidents like Ft. Hood shooting in particular dumbass.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

And yet the economy is chugging along.  Interest rates are low.  Employment is up, especially minority employment.  ISIS/IRQ/AFG are subsided.  NK is talking.  Iran is boxed in.  China finally acknowledging the trade imbalance and IP theft.  Mexico is stepping up it's own border control.   NATO is realizing they need to pay their fair share.  Putin hasn't tried to push Russian expansion.  Yet all you care about is that Trump is liar, narcissist, pussy grabber, whatever.    

The only thing keeping this country down is democrats not wanting to control immigration to bolster their representation numbers, racial strife fueled by a cult of victimization and intersectional nonsense, etc.

North Korea has nukes and Trump is saying "Well, that's fine with me."

Clearly a WIN !!!

-DSK

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

And yet the economy is chugging along.  Interest rates are low.  Employment is up, especially minority employment.  ISIS/IRQ/AFG are subsided.  NK is talking.  Iran is boxed in.  China finally acknowledging the trade imbalance and IP theft.  Mexico is stepping up it's own border control.   NATO is realizing they need to pay their fair share.  Putin hasn't tried to push Russian expansion. 

What news sources did you get this from?  (There's that pesky question again).

Because I pretty much determined all the same information above from mainstream news sources.  It is all being covered.  If you were watching CNN or MSNBC you may have missed these reports as you were still openly sobbing about how there was a report a minute or so earlier on some crazy shit the President tweeted, and the coverage unfairly quoted him verbatim. 

4 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

Yet all you care about is that Trump is liar, narcissist, pussy grabber, whatever.    

Your imagining what I care about it noted in regard to how you reach conclusions.

4 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

The only thing keeping this country down is democrats not wanting to control immigration to bolster their representation numbers, racial strife fueled by a cult of victimization and intersectional nonsense, etc.

Your point in this discussion is unfair media coverage.  Now you are decrying a cult of victimization.   Make up your fucking mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Troglodytarum said:

I'm talking about domestic terrorist incidents like Ft. Hood shooting in particular dumbass.

When you said "Muslim Terrorist attacks" I mistakenly interpreted it as "Muslim Terrorist attacks".

My apologies for not imagining what you meant and not filling in the words for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe you people engage with the Troglodyte.

 

self-flagellation.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll chime in Fox covers the widest variety of news.   Yes they have right leaning opinion shows, but every panel includes both sides and Shepard Smith is certainly not a Trump supporter.  

They give a platform to both liberals and conservatives.  

Just listened to Jon Stewart being interviewed about the 911 responders bill. Not the first time.  

CNN and MSNBC rarely have solid conservatives on the air.  Probably because It makes their hard core lefty hosts visibly ill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I’ll chime in Fox covers the widest variety of news.   Yes they have right leaning opinion shows, but every panel includes both sides and Shepard Smith is certainly not a Trump supporter.  

They give a platform to both liberals and conservatives.  

Just listened to Jon Stewart being interviewed about the 911 responders bill. Not the first time.  

CNN and MSNBC rarely have solid conservatives on the air.  Probably because It makes their hard core lefty hosts visibly ill.  

 

IMG_4020-600x388.jpg

5afef28c1ae66233008b47b3-960-480.jpg

 

Stephen+Miller.jpg

 

1ff3728415eb4835faac58cbce817ae7.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a study recently (and no not going to look it up) that showed FOX was about 20% news and 80% opinion.  CNN and a couple of others were the reverse, 80/20.

Trumpers prefer hearing what they want to hear. Most networks label their opinions, FOX just give it as straight news. The old No Spin spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I read a study recently (and no not going to look it up) that showed FOX was about 20% news and 80% opinion.  CNN and a couple of others were the reverse, 80/20.

Trumpers prefer hearing what they want to hear. Most networks label their opinions, FOX just give it as straight news. The old No Spin spin.

Post the study.  I’m guessing the  study considers Trump having excessive nose hair news. It is more like TDS 80% of the time on CNN 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, benwynn said:

 

IMG_4020-600x388.jpg

5afef28c1ae66233008b47b3-960-480.jpg

 

Stephen+Miller.jpg

 

1ff3728415eb4835faac58cbce817ae7.jpg

 

To be fair, the Joker said "solid conservatives".  Your examples are of Republicans.

Nowhere near the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must really frost your collective asses that Fox still ranks higher than MSNBC and CNN combined:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

 

 

Leading cable news networks in the United States in June 2019, by number of primetime viewers (in 1,000s)

 
  Primetime Aged 25-54
FOX News 2,566 406
MSNBC 1,519 198
CNN 853 185
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© Statista 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, the Joker said "solid conservatives".  Your examples are of Republicans.

Nowhere near the same thing.

saying this shows you don't get your news from Fox ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, the Joker said "solid conservatives".  Your examples are of Republicans.

Nowhere near the same thing.

I would agree.  But you missed my point. Liberals area permanent part of most panels on Fox. Not brought in as guests to be mocked by the hosts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Joker said:

I would agree.  But you missed my point. Liberals area permanent part of most panels on Fox. Not brought in as guests to be mocked by the hosts. 

I have no doubt you see it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It must really frost your collective asses that Fox still ranks higher than MSNBC and CNN combined:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

 

 

Leading cable news networks in the United States in June 2019, by number of primetime viewers (in 1,000s)

 
 
  Primetime Aged 25-54
FOX News 2,566 406
MSNBC 1,519 198
CNN 853 185
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© Statista 2019

Why would this chap anybody's asses other than someone in advertising? Is this a sport?  Am I supposed to be cheering one of them on and hope they "win"?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, benwynn said:
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

It must really frost your collective asses that Fox still ranks higher than MSNBC and CNN combined:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

 

 

Leading cable news networks in the United States in June 2019, by number of primetime viewers (in 1,000s)

 
 
  Primetime Aged 25-54
FOX News 2,566 406
MSNBC 1,519 198
CNN 853 185
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© Statista 2019

Why would this chap anybody's asses other than someone in advertising? Is this a sport?  Am I supposed to be cheering one of them on and hope they "win"?

the Joker mistakes popularity for things like accuracy, journalistic integrity, and truthiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

the Joker mistakes popularity for things like accuracy, journalistic integrity, and truthiness.

Back in 2003 there was a study showing source of news and misperceptions about the war in Iraq.  No surprise that Fox News viewers got the most incorrect about support for the war in Iraq.  Here is a link to the abstract with a link to the entire study.

https://drum.lib.umd.edu/bitstream/handle/1903/10198/Misperceptions%2c the Media and the Iraq War.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

In the intervening 16+ years I doubt things have changed very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

In the intervening 16+ years I doubt things have changed very much.

I disagree - I'd say they have gotten a lot worse.

FOX has degenerated to pure right wing propaganda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Joker said:

It must really frost your collective asses that Fox still ranks higher than MSNBC and CNN combined:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

 

 

Leading cable news networks in the United States in June 2019, by number of primetime viewers (in 1,000s)

 
 
  Primetime Aged 25-54
FOX News 2,566 406
MSNBC 1,519 198
CNN 853 185
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© Statista 2019

What percent of people in that age demographic watch cable?     You are selecting for the portion of that those age groups too dumb to collect info online and too lazy to have a life.    

https://www.marketingcharts.com/featured-24817

E7C73361-5C24-4E8C-848C-5BDB43A71CC0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I disagree - I'd say they have gotten a lot worse.

FOX has degenerated to pure right wing propaganda.

Ok.  The trend from then has been exacerbated, not reversed or mitigated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I disagree - I'd say they have gotten a lot worse.

FOX has degenerated to pure right wing propaganda.

oh please.  Fox is shit.  I'm not defending it.  But CNN is fucking Pravda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Back in 2003 there was a study showing source of news and misperceptions about the war in Iraq.  No surprise that Fox News viewers got the most incorrect about support for the war in Iraq.  Here is a link to the abstract with a link to the entire study.

https://drum.lib.umd.edu/bitstream/handle/1903/10198/Misperceptions%2c the Media and the Iraq War.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

In the intervening 16+ years I doubt things have changed very much.

It's worse than that.

In fact, those who watch Fox News are LESS informed than folks who watch NO news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Less informed but totally brainwashed and committed to their views, their voting and donation choices, and their racial bias.

Rupert's damn good at this stuff, and even though he regards Trump as "a fucking idiot", he's backing him.

No surprise that Trump spends most of his "working" hours watching Fox and Tweeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

That's what history, law, precedent, and sun tzu teach.  If you play on the legal limit,  you should be investigated, and if evidence of guilt exists, you should be prosecuted.  If you go over an ethical line, a believer in the good nature of human beings would assume the good people of your country would vote your ass out.   

 

Good lawyer answer.... factually correct, but, avoids the heart of the question. 

BTW - Are ya having lunch w/Dershowitz anytime soon?   ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
 Advanced issues found
 
 
 
On 7/12/2019 at 9:05 AM, benwynn said:

"

How does this at all reflect a downgrade in regard to Muslim Terrorist attacks?   When's the last time you saw a case of workplace violence countered with a Predator Drone?

I haven't, but please don't give the administration any ideas....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, Troglodytarum said:

Liberals can't meme cause they ARE the memes

Memes are to communication like picture books are to literature.  How they are perceived is determined by the intellectual capacity of the individual. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 3:05 AM, Happy said:

Rupert's damn good at this stuff, and even though he regards Trump as "a fucking idiot", he's backing him.

No surprise that Trump spends most of his "working" hours watching Fox and Tweeting.

If you've been watching "The Loudest Voice" on Showtime, Fox News was all Roger Ailes.  If the series is accurate, Murdoch let Ailes go only so far with his off the cliff perspective of the world before he reigned him in.  Ailes blamed Murdoch, according to the show, to his face for the Obama win in 2008.  Take the most extremist parts of Fox and that's Ailes.  Murdoch may not have agreed with Ailes but he couldn't walk away from the money.  Ailes knew there were other fanatics like him out there and he knew how to communicate with them.  And he cashed in on that big time.

Regardless of the level of accuracy (no doubt it's been Hollywoodized), the series thus far has been pretty good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, Troglodytarum said:

And yet the economy is chugging along.  Interest rates are low.  Employment is up, especially minority employment.  ISIS/IRQ/AFG are subsided.  NK is talking.  Iran is boxed in.  China finally acknowledging the trade imbalance and IP theft.  Mexico is stepping up it's own border control.   NATO is realizing they need to pay their fair share.  Putin hasn't tried to push Russian expansion.  Yet all you care about is that Trump is liar, narcissist, pussy grabber, whatever.    

The only thing keeping this country down is democrats not wanting to control immigration to bolster their representation numbers, racial strife fueled by a cult of victimization and intersectional nonsense, etc.

 

The economy is chugging along for the "right" people at the top of the pile.  Those at the bottom, are struggling now, more than ever.  36 years a Landlord, and never before had 3 of our 16 tenants that are each 4 grand behind, and we will have to put them and their families out, if they can't catch up and stay current. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go with those pesky facts again.

Stop confusing the Troglodyte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

 

The economy is chugging along for the "right" people at the top of the pile.  Those at the bottom, are struggling now, more than ever.  36 years a Landlord, and never before had 3 of our 16 tenants that are each 4 grand behind, and we will have to put them and their families out, if they can't catch up and stay current. 

This is standard left wing propaganda.  If the economy is chugging along, then it is chugging along for anyone that feels like being useful to it.  You want more money?  Find a way to be more useful.  Anyone can do it if they have half a brain and some working appendages.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, Troglodytarum said:

And yet the economy is chugging along. For who? Interest rates are low. Not necessarily a good thing when the next recession hits.  You also failed to mention record deficits and national debt. Employment is up, especially minority employment. This was the trend before Trump took office.  His job creation is no more than Obama's.   ISIS/IRQ/AFG are subsided.  Again, a trend from Obama years. NK is talking.  NK has been "talking" for a decade with no changes. Iran is boxed in.  Iran is more dangerous than ever.  China finally acknowledging the trade imbalance and IP theft.  Mexico is stepping up it's own border control.   NATO is realizing they need to pay their fair share.  Putin hasn't tried to push Russian expansion. But he did mess with our elections. Yet all you care about is that Trump is liar, narcissist, pussy grabber, whatever.  Don't forget racist. 

The only thing keeping this country down is democrats not wanting to control immigration to bolster their representation numbers, racial strife fueled by a cult of victimization and intersectional nonsense, etc.

See, any of the "good" you point to was already happening with that black dude in charge.  Which means Trump is no better, even by your standards than Obama.  The other points are just wrong.  So if any of your economic points above are your ends, Obama's means worked just fine.  The only thing left for you is a racist, misogynist, lying piece of shit who is supposed to be the leader of the free world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 8:59 AM, Steam Flyer said:

 

If your premium tripled then 1- you deserved it, apparently you were costing the system more than you were paying (that's how insurance works) and 2- given the facts of health-care economics in the USA, your premium had already tripled over previous years, you just didn't have a nigger to blame it on

#2 above also applies to consolidation of practices.Unfortunately ObamaCare did not fix that particular ill; but then this is what you get with a Congress that works to help corporations rob the citizens instead of working for the citizens. One of the reasons that the corporate-driven right wing machine HATES Obama so much is that he worked against it, one of the reasons I am not a huge Obama fan is that he didn't succeed more.

Apparently you couldn't hold your narrow mind to answer more than one question, even with your knee-jerk "thought process" taking so little time & energy. The rest of your answers are just spitting out more bile and denial.

-DSK

2 comments - 1) Premiums tripling have nothing to do with "you deserving it". Mine have as well, and it's been rare since the ACA passed that my expenditures exceeded the $6500 annual deductible that I am responsible for before the $14K a yr I'm paying in premiums pays out a dime in benefits. 
 

2) The last part of the bolded response is yet another instance of you, without basis, claiming racism as a response to someone's position.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

2) The last part of the bolded response is yet another instance of you, without basis, claiming racism as a response to someone's position.   

After the last couple days of Trumps crypto-racist bullshitting and the deafening silence from most Republicans, it's best you settle down with the false racism stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
On 7/12/2019 at 8:59 AM, Steam Flyer said:

If your premium tripled then 1- you deserved it, apparently you were costing the system more than you were paying (that's how insurance works) and 2- given the facts of health-care economics in the USA, your premium had already tripled over previous years, you just didn't have a nigger to blame it on

...    ...

2 comments - 1) Premiums tripling have nothing to do with "you deserving it". Mine have as well, and it's been rare since the ACA passed that my expenditures exceeded the $6500 annual deductible that I am responsible for before the $14K a yr I'm paying in premiums pays out a dime in benefits. 
 

2) The last part of the bolded response is yet another instance of you, without basis, claiming racism as a response to someone's position.   

Premiums don't go up because you deserve it? Why do they go up, then? As for racism, what changed between the time that insurance premiums went up outrageously -before- Obama was President, and the time he was in office? A black man was in charge, that's the difference.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, only one thing changed: the presence of a black executive. Wildly increasing insurance premiums were NOT the fault of prior Presidents who were white, nyet?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

After the last couple days of Trumps crypto-racist bullshitting and the deafening silence from most Republicans, it's best you settle down with the false racism stuff.

At least he agrees that racism is bad.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

After the last couple days of Trumps crypto-racist bullshitting and the deafening silence from most Republicans, it's best you settle down with the false racism styff.

Any examples of Trump's racism that you would care to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, Troglodytarum said:

yes please try!

The POS POTUS is a misogynistic, racist, anti-intellectual bully.  He is corrupt from his bald spot to the bottom of his crooked toes.  Let the Republicans rally around before they sink into ignominy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hasher said:

The POS POTUS is a misogynistic, racist, anti-intellectual bully.  He is corrupt from his bald spot to the bottom of his crooked toes.  Let the Republicans rally around before they sink into ignominy.

Everything the left hates is RACIST!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Troglodytarum said:

Everything the left hates is RACIST!!!

Racist is a distinct term.  It does not encompass everything.  It needs to be smacked every time it pops up.  I don't know if you are racist.  You apparently are numb to Trump's racism.  Perhaps you are as dumb as a rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Racist is a distinct term.  It does not encompass everything.  It needs to be smacked every time it pops up.  I don't know if you are racist.  You apparently are numb to Trump's racism.  Perhaps you are as dumb as a rock.

How is Trump a racist?  Can you give some distinct examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jzk said:

Any examples of Trump's racism that you would care to share?

Yikes. Trump's tweets yesterday and today?  Telling brown and black people to go back to where they came from?  Not racist?  Someone doesn't have to come out and say "I hate black people" to be racists.  Very few racists actually do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

At least he agrees that racism is bad.

- DSK

At least in the abstract, the trouble is found in applying the definition to the real world and I don't think @A guy in the Chesapeake quite groks just how far Trump is going to repudiate the positions Republicans have held for decades.

fortunately we've got jerk-z as a shining example of the bullshitting Republican/Libertarian to show the class all that's wrong with them. Yup you stupid cunt jerk-z there''s nothing wrong or crypto-racist with telling non-whites born in the US to "go back where they came from". jerk-z must have had bowls of lead paint frosted with DDT poured with arsenic milk for breakfast as a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jzk said:

This is standard left wing propaganda.  If the economy is chugging along, then it is chugging along for anyone that feels like being useful to it.  You want more money?  Find a way to be more useful.  Anyone can do it if they have half a brain and some working appendages.  

 

You are full of shit, this real life shit going down right now......  Most wages have been reduced from 40 years ago, relative to inflation and everything costs more now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billy backstay said:

 

You are full of shit, this real life shit going down right now......

Is that supposed to be some kind of an argument for something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Yikes. Trump's tweets yesterday and today?  Telling brown and black people to go back to where they came from?  Not racist?  Someone doesn't have to come out and say "I hate black people" to be racists.  Very few racists actually do.  

I didn't find any such tweets.  The distinction Trump makes is illegal vs. legal immigrants.  Where is the racism?

That being said, I suspect I am among the most pro-immigration people here.  But make that case and drop the ridiculous racism labels.  It just marginalizes you.  Keep doing it, and you are going to get him re-elected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jzk said:

Is that supposed to be some kind of an argument for something?

 

No, that's a statement of fact, you are also a Troll, just looking to stir up shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

No, that's a statement of fact, you are also a Troll, just looking to stir up shit.

it's more a recitation of pablum. Even in a recession there's work if you are economically useful. The difference between a recession and not a recession is how much of the work there is to go around. It's one of those stupid ass Randian talking points jerk-z says that sound intelligent in 8th grade until your realize its fucking stupid. Like his "it's not racism" whitesplaining - the clown doesn't realize that shit marginalizes himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

 

it's more a recitation of pablum. Even in a recession there's work if you are economically useful. The difference between a recession and not a recession is how much of the work there is to go around. It's one of those stupid ass Randian talking points jerk-z says that sound intelligent in 8th grade until your realize its fucking stupid. Like his "it's not racism" whitesplaining - the clown doesn't realize that shit marginalizes himself.

No, shit for brains, the difference between a recession and not a recession is 2 quarters with negative growth.   Is that what is happening?  If not, then there is opportunity for everyone.  Unless, of course, you have half a brain.  I bet even most of the half wits on this forum are able to find work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jzk said:

I didn't find any such tweets.  The distinction Trump makes is illegal vs. legal immigrants.  Where is the racism?

That being said, I suspect I am among the most pro-immigration people here.  But make that case and drop the ridiculous racism labels.  It just marginalizes you.  Keep doing it, and you are going to get him re-elected. 

No?  You are either blind, stupid, racist or all 3.  If fighting against racism gets a racist re-elected, that says way more about the people voting for him that it does about me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jzk said:

I bet even most of the half wits on this forum are able to find work.  

you've got a job, no? I mean of all the jizz-gargling feces-encrusted troglodytes in this septic tank of humanity you are perhaps the dumbest motherfucker here and you've got a job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

After the last couple days of Trumps crypto-racist bullshitting and the deafening silence from most Republicans, it's best you settle down with the false racism stuff.

Why?  His BS has nothing at all to do with my comments to Steamer.   I understand that y'all are angry about Trump's comments, I am too, but, that doesn't permit anyone else to cast baseless aspersions against anyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Premiums don't go up because you deserve it? Why do they go up, then? As for racism, what changed between the time that insurance premiums went up outrageously -before- Obama was President, and the time he was in office? A black man was in charge, that's the difference.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, only one thing changed: the presence of a black executive. Wildly increasing insurance premiums were NOT the fault of prior Presidents who were white, nyet?

- DSK

The rate of premium increases are directly attributable to the additional coverages mandated by the ACA.   There's nothing racist about that, but you keep trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

No?  You are either blind, stupid, racist or all 3.  If fighting against racism gets a racist re-elected, that says way more about the people voting for him that it does about me.  

If he is so racist, then you would easily be able to make a case for it.  But you can't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jzk said:

Any examples of Trump's racism that you would care to share?

His comments to the freshmen congresswomen certainly are.   He may have been trying ( very poorly ) to express his opinion that they don't know enough about how government works to have valid input or ideas, and using a poor comparison to the problems in other governments to make his point, but, the fact is that what he said is indeed racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

His comments to the freshmen congresswomen certainly are.   He may have been trying ( very poorly ) to express his opinion that they don't know enough about how government works to have valid input or ideas, and using a poor comparison to the problems in other governments to make his point, but, the fact is that what he said is indeed racist. 

How about quoting the statements?  If they are "indeed racist," then you shouldn't have much problem proving such.  I personally have no idea whether Trump is a racist, but I have never seen any evidence to support such, and it is chicken shit to be throwing that label around just because you can't articulate your real position.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jzk said:

I didn't find any such tweets.  The distinction Trump makes is illegal vs. legal immigrants.  Where is the racism?

That being said, I suspect I am among the most pro-immigration people here.  But make that case and drop the ridiculous racism labels.  It just marginalizes you.  Keep doing it, and you are going to get him re-elected. 

Which of the 4 Congresswomen President Trump told to "go back to the countries" they came from are illegal immigrants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bus Driver said:

Which of the 4 Congresswomen President Trump told to "go back to the countries" they came from are illegal immigrants?

Why do you think his comments are racist?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

2 comments - 1) Premiums tripling have nothing to do with "you deserving it". Mine have as well, and it's been rare since the ACA passed that my expenditures exceeded the $6500 annual deductible that I am responsible for before the $14K a yr I'm paying in premiums pays out a dime in benefits. 
 

2) The last part of the bolded response is yet another instance of you, without basis, claiming racism as a response to someone's position.   

If you aren’t paying at least $10k per year in medical per person, you’re a taker. Sorry, it’s the cost of our capitalist, underperforming system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

How about quoting the statements?  If they are "indeed racist," then you shouldn't have much problem proving such.  I personally have no idea whether Trump is a racist, but I have never seen any evidence to support such, and it is chicken shit to be throwing that label around just because you can't articulate your real position.  

"

“So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,” Trump tweeted.

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” his thread continued. “Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Only 1 of these women are from OCONUS, and he's making a false assertion based upon the fact that they aren't white to assign them and their opinions a lesser value.   Sorry - to my way of thinking, using race as a primary determinant of anything is the purest definition of racism that I know. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jzk said:
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Which of the 4 Congresswomen President Trump told to "go back to the countries" they came from are illegal immigrants?

Why do you think his comments are racist?  

Please highlight where I mentioned "racist" or "racism"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The rate of premium increases are directly attributable to the additional coverages mandated by the ACA.   There's nothing racist about that, but you keep trying. 

Fail, they are due to more equal cost sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raz'r said:

If you aren’t paying at least $10k per year in medical per person, you’re a taker. Sorry, it’s the cost of our capitalist, underperforming system.

Of course dear, because I have to pay for all the others who aren't paying for themselves, and bitching about that w/out regard to my own personal expense/consumption makes me a taker.  And you wonder why people take issue with so many of your positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

  I understand that y'all are angry about Trump's comments, I am too, but, that doesn't permit anyone else to cast baseless aspersions against anyone else. 

I'm much more angry about the craven apologias for Trumps bullshit amongst R politicians and media people and the general deafening silence from that side of politics than I am about Trump being Trump. I know Trumps a divisive asshole who''ll trade in anything - just look at the social media trolls he invited to the white house last week some of whom, yes, trade in racism and birtherism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"

“So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,” Trump tweeted.

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” his thread continued. “Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Only 1 of these women are from OCONUS, and he's making a false assertion based upon the fact that they aren't white to assign them and their opinions a lesser value.   Sorry - to my way of thinking, using race as a primary determinant of anything is the purest definition of racism that I know. 

 

I suspect that if they were Trump supporters, then he would not be trashing them.  Clearly Trump's criteria for trashing people is not race, but rather whether or not they are on  his team.

Is there any case to be made against such?  Does he trash people on his team that agree with him because of their race?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Please highlight where I mentioned "racist" or "racism"

You didn't.  But that was the topic of the post to which you replied.  So really, you have nothing to offer.  Got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jzk said:

I suspect that if they were Trump supporters, then he would not be trashing them.  Clearly Trump's criteria for trashing people is not race, but rather whether or not they are on  his team.

Is there any case to be made against such?  Does he trash people on his team that agree with him because of their race?

Jeebus H keerist dude - that gumbyist conflation is even worse than Flash and Jiblets. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jzk said:

This is standard left wing propaganda.  If the economy is chugging along, then it is chugging along for anyone that feels like being useful to it.  You want more money?  Find a way to be more useful.  Anyone can do it if they have half a brain and some working appendages.  

Proof positive how well capitalist propaganda works.  Unfettered capitalism is how America was built, goddamnit!  So what if it makes serfs out of the masses.  If you can't figure out how to screw your fellow man to get ahead, fuck you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Proof positive how well capitalist propaganda works.  Unfettered capitalism is how America was built, goddamnit!  So what if it makes serfs out of the masses.  If you can't figure out how to screw your fellow man to get ahead, fuck you!

 

Yes, providing your fellow man with goods and services that they voluntarily purchase is "screwing them."

Only in clownland, in which you seem to be one of the council members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jzk said:

You didn't.  But that was the topic of the post to which you replied.  So really, you have nothing to offer.  Got it.

I was responding to your comment that President Trump was addressing "illegal vs legal immigration".  You know, the one in which you claim ignorance of the Tweets about which everyone is speaking.  This comment -

45 minutes ago, jzk said:

I didn't find any such tweets.  The distinction Trump makes is illegal vs. legal immigrants.  Where is the racism?

That being said, I suspect I am among the most pro-immigration people here.  But make that case and drop the ridiculous racism labels.  It just marginalizes you.  Keep doing it, and you are going to get him re-elected. 

I get that you would prefer he didn't say those things, and will do your level best to change the subject.  That's what people do when they have nothing to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bus Driver said:

I was responding to your comment that President Trump was addressing "illegal vs legal immigration".  You know, the one in which you claim ignorance of the Tweets about which everyone is speaking.  This comment -

I get that you would prefer he didn't say those things, and will do your level best to change the subject.  That's what people do when they have nothing to offer.

How do you know what I "prefer?"

When Trump is criticized, he attacks the person.  It is transparent and childish, but it is not racist.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I was responding to your comment that President Trump was addressing "illegal vs legal immigration".  You know, the one in which you claim ignorance of the Tweets about which everyone is speaking.  This comment -

I get that you would prefer he didn't say those things, and will do your level best to change the subject.  That's what people do when they have nothing to offer.

Oh, and thanks for agreeing that Trump is not racist.  Appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jzk said:

Yes, providing your fellow man with goods and services that they voluntarily purchase is "screwing them."

Only in clownland, in which you seem to be one of the council members.

Far be it from me to try to talk you out of your delusions.  Believing is what's important, not the facts.  But didn't you think it strange when furloughed government workers were struggling to buy food?  Didn't you find it odd that Mnuchin just asked Congress to raise the debt ceiling because the government is running out of money a mere months after the windfall tax break for the rich? 

Sorry.  I shouldn't have asked those pesky questions.  Feel free to ignore them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jules said:

Far be it from me to try to talk you out of your delusions.  Believing is what's important, not the facts.  But didn't you think it strange when furloughed government workers were struggling to buy food?  Didn't you find it odd that Mnuchin just asked Congress to raise the debt ceiling because the government is running out of money a mere months after the windfall tax break for the rich? 

Sorry.  I shouldn't have asked those pesky questions.  Feel free to ignore them.

Jules - while there is plenty to discuss that's directly attributable to Trump's behavior and policies - the debt ceiling really isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jules said:

Far be it from me to try to talk you out of your delusions.  Believing is what's important, not the facts.  But didn't you think it strange when furloughed government workers were struggling to buy food?  Didn't you find it odd that Mnuchin just asked Congress to raise the debt ceiling because the government is running out of money a mere months after the windfall tax break for the rich? 

Sorry.  I shouldn't have asked those pesky questions.  Feel free to ignore them.

If you don't like your shitty job, find a different way to be useful in this economy.  What is so hard about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jzk said:

Oh, and thanks for agreeing that Trump is not racist.  Appreciated.  

That's a very odd statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jules said:

That's a very odd statement.

I asked why Bus thought the statements were racist, and he replied:

"Please highlight where I mentioned "racist" or "racism."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites