Sign in to follow this  
SeaMission

Tampa Bay Area club racing

I live somewhat close to the Tampa area and looking for some weeknight beer can racing. I found Davis Island yc and they have a decent fleet on Thursday nights. What other clubs are in the area?

thx

Not sure if your south or north of Tampa - Sarasota Sailing Squadron is very active. This time of the year is going to have less activity due to the weather/heat but you can go on their website and look at the calendar to see what's currently going on. St. Peter Sailing Center is just SW of Tampa - I don't know much about the place but you can give them a shout to see if they have racing nights. 

St. Petersburg Sailing Association does a twilight series on Friday nights out of the sailing center in Demens Landing.  They are usually quick to cancel but there are about 20 boats each Friday.

Bradenton Yacht Club has Thursday night racing and then at the time change switches to Sundays.  They do not have many boats doing this.

Apollo Beach has Tampa Sailing Squadron.  They have something I am sure, but I do not know what it is.

DIYC is where I am from and there are probably 50-60 boats on the starting line on Thursday nights.  They race unless there is lightning.  

If interested in one of them depending on your location send me a PM.  I used to do the Thursday and DIYC and still do the Fridays in St. Pete.  

• Like 1

I will be bopping in to TPA next week.   I am hoping to get in a Sunday and Thursday night race at DIYC before I am sucked back to the land of drudge.

- Stumbling

On 7/15/2019 at 6:58 AM, -Dino said:

Not sure if your south or north of Tampa - Sarasota Sailing Squadron is very active. This time of the year is going to have less activity due to the weather/heat but you can go on their website and look at the calendar to see what's currently going on. St. Peter Sailing Center is just SW of Tampa - I don't know much about the place but you can give them a shout to see if they have racing nights. 

About 50 miles north, the only other sailing around here is lake stuff

Im most likely(depending on the weather) going to DavisIYC thurs and check it out

You would have to travel a lot further North to find regular racing, like to St. Augustine or Jacksonville area.

- Stumbling