smackdaddy

SailGP 2019

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Let's hope it's verbally.  

Believe me, I don’t want to know anything about what he’s really like. Every comparison I can come up with is just insulting to anyone with that particular mental disability, so not really sure how to label him. I’ll just go with pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So do tell Smackos, you answered the add and got the Gig?

WTF was your boss thinking.

You promoting sailing is a bit like getting Bubbles the chimp to promote fine dining.

 

How it should be done, from https://www.sailthru.com/marketing-blog/influencer-marketing-done-well-converts-paid-media-to-earned-media/

Influencer marketing involves talking to your audience, conveying your message through a voice they trust. When you ask people who are well-versed on a subject and have great reach (think about thought-leaders, industry professionals, bloggers, or even influential consumers) to create content or amplify content for your brand, what you are doing is utilizing influencer marketing to help grow awareness, build trust, and drive sales for your brand.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Clearly entering a whole new era of sailing." Isn't that what I've been saying? How curious.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-11-at-9.02.52-PM.png

Thank you Billy.

I really like Billy and Marie - and Team FRA. I think they have shown some amazing progress and truly embody the national ideal SailGP is looking to build. Good on 'em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

"Clearly entering a whole new era of sailing." Isn't that what I've been saying? How curious.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-11-at-9.02.52-PM.png

Thank you Billy.

I really like Billy and Marie - and Team FRA. I think they have shown some amazing progress and truly embody the national ideal SailGP is looking to build. Good on 'em.

So how's it going SmackBaddy?  Had the conversation with the boss about the potential for you to completely fuck the brand here?  Well you have already, it's just a matter of admitting it.

Because you have not denied it, I now believe that you are indeed an employee of Core Composites. 

You should stop using an anonymous account to shill FailGP, it is dishonest and reflects badly on both brands you are shilling for.  Your style is abrassive and posters here don't listen anymore.

But by all means keep up the mindless annoying posts, keep damaging the program.  You have been given valuable honest feedback.  If you and your handlers chose to ignore that, then you will reap the rewards.

shill-alert.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madboutcats said:

It’s made mainstream media here in Aus

That's really cool, mad. She looks a bit freaked...and excited!

Screen-Shot-2019-09-12-at-9.45.47-AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

So do tell Smackos, you answered the add and got the Gig?

WTF was your boss thinking.

You promoting sailing is a bit like getting Bubbles the chimp to promote fine dining.

 

How it should be done, from https://www.sailthru.com/marketing-blog/influencer-marketing-done-well-converts-paid-media-to-earned-media/

Influencer marketing involves talking to your audience, conveying your message through a voice they trust. When you ask people who are well-versed on a subject and have great reach (think about thought-leaders, industry professionals, bloggers, or even influential consumers) to create content or amplify content for your brand, what you are doing is utilizing influencer marketing to help grow awareness, build trust, and drive sales for your brand.

It's very interesting how the BS-o-meters immediately deflected with the first posts. Good sixth sense hereabouts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

That's really cool, mad. She looks a bit freaked...and excited!

 

SmackBaddy answering himself.

Desperation personified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not paid ad: 

 

Hey crackers must be in the gig economy and on another gig, missed all the "reported" impact info from Sydney that I thought he'd be taking credit for. Oh wait, he didn't find SailGP until after that...

Anyway we are a motley crew in the circus but we do keep abreast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, Curious said:

I'm not upset; just addressing your points.

Re "Now bring in the Moth. This is a redefinition. It's an entirely new skill-set from not only these monohull dinghy examples, but even from A-Cats, Forumulas, Nacras, etc.

Not really. You can hop aboard a foiling Moth, crank it up onto the foils and go sailing. You can do the same with other foilers. You use the same skills you use with a lowrider Moth, a skiff, a windsurfer, or a Laser. I've done it - have you?

This is not "redefining" anything - it's just sailing in a way that is, in some ways, quite familiar depending on what you've sailed before. If you find it a re-definition it's because you apparently managed to ignore lowrider Moths, fast cats, windsurfers, skiffs, etc. The techniques are, in many ways, generally quite familiar to sailors who have a very different background from sailing your Catalinas and similar boats (NTTAWWT).  

Sure, there are some techniques that are new - that is common in many types of sailing. There are new techniques if you move from a Laser to a fast cat and vice versa, or from a Moth to a windsurfer, or to a fast assymetric boat from a slower symmetrical one. It's still the same sport.

 

Smackdaddy, you are wrong once again. Here is the post where I specifically said that foiling is "in some ways, quite familiar depending on what you've sailed before".

Don't call me a liar because you're too slow to keep up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, random said:

SmackBaddy answering himself.

Desperation personified.

You really are a dickhead Random, I’ve outed myself before in this forum, I’m bobbing around on a Lagoon 450 with a hired skipper in the Adriatic because I don’t know enough about sailing, go your hardest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madboutcats said:

You really are a dickhead Random, I’ve outed myself before in this forum, I’m bobbing around on a Lagoon 450 with a hired skipper in the Adriatic because I don’t know enough about sailing, go your hardest 

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, Curious said:

I'm not upset; just addressing your points.

Re "Now bring in the Moth. This is a redefinition. It's an entirely new skill-set from not only these monohull dinghy examples, but even from A-Cats, Forumulas, Nacras, etc.

Not really. You can hop aboard a foiling Moth, crank it up onto the foils and go sailing. You can do the same with other foilers. You use the same skills you use with a lowrider Moth, a skiff, a windsurfer, or a Laser. I've done it - have you?

This is not "redefining" anything - it's just sailing in a way that is, in some ways, quite familiar depending on what you've sailed before. If you find it a re-definition it's because you apparently managed to ignore lowrider Moths, fast cats, windsurfers, skiffs, etc. The techniques are, in many ways, generally quite familiar to sailors who have a very different background from sailing your Catalinas and similar boats (NTTAWWT).  

Sure, there are some techniques that are new - that is common in many types of sailing. There are new techniques if you move from a Laser to a fast cat and vice versa, or from a Moth to a windsurfer, or to a fast assymetric boat from a slower symmetrical one. It's still the same sport.

 

 

What I actually said, without your selective editing, is above. I said that foiling a Moth was quite familiar  "depending on what you've sailed before", that the techniques "are, in many ways, generally quite familiar to sailors who have a very different background from sailing your Catalinas and similar boats"  I also said there were "some techniques that are new - that is common in many types of sailing."  Using the quote function to cut out much of the relevant passage is low even for you.

The videos I posted are only some of the ones that prove exactly what I said - that you can hop aboard a foiling Moth (or a Waszp or cat, for that matter) and go foiling. The fact that some people fail does not change that fact.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not hard to work out where MAC comes from in sailing and in the world. Personally I find his disdain for monos annoying, but he is certainly not SD. He actually sails pretty quick boats and seems to know how to handle them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, madboutcats said:

] I don’t see what difference it makes as to what boat Smack owns or sails

It's not what he sails - it's that the gap between his claimed expertise and his true lack of experience and ability. He brags about doing about 9 knots on a cruising ketch and then says that he is an expert on how fast boats work. His own lack of experience stops him from knowing how little he knows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already posted the S2 teaser video above - announcing the return to Sydney in February, but here's a good article showing some financials and other interesting tidbits. SailGP sure seems to be having a hard time "failing"...

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/sydney-retains-season-opener-for-sailgps-second-campaign/

Quote

Sydney kicked-off the global league’s inaugural season earlier this year and SailGP will return to the Australian harbour on February 28-29 for the first event of season two. More than 22,000 people representing 25 nations turned out to watch Australia’s Tom Slingsby and the Australia SailGP Team win the first event.

Tourism Australia will again support the return of SailGP in 2020, with organisers claiming February’s event saw $21m (€19m) spent in relation to Sydney SailGP and a total economic impact of $18m. “Sydney was a spectacular venue to launch SailGP earlier this year on every level – the iconic harbour backdrop, the competition, the fans – and we can’t wait to return,” SailGP chief executive Sir Russell Coutts said.

“The teams will be spending the winter testing new wing sails, and other exciting upgrades on the F50s. The boats are getting faster and the teams more competitive, and we expect Sydney will once again be a great natural amphitheatre to showcase these incredible athletes and boats.”

SailGP enhanced its management team in June with a host of new hires, including sports business veteran Harvey Schiller.

BTW - you should click on that name at the end of the snippet. SailGP isn't messing around.

(That's actually the real story here - regardless of the claimed abreasts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are just too cute. Selective reading or whatever.

We had that same text presser a few hours ago and talked about Schiller in June. 

 

 

But good you are keeping abreast too.  Sayonara for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no one saw that - obviously. Pay-walled articles? Oof.

For those interested, this is who Harvey Shiller is:

Quote

Fledgling sailing series SailGP has enhanced its management team with a host of new hires, including sports business veteran Harvey Schiller.

Schiller has been appointed as a strategic advisor across the business side of the organisation. The American executive currently serves as chairman of Schiller Management Group and vice-chairman of Diversified Search.

Previously, he was chairman/chief executive of YankeeNets – with ownership of the New York Yankees, New Jersey Nets and New Jersey Devils – president of Turner Sports and the Atlanta Thrashers, executive director of the United States Olympic Committee, president of the International Baseball Federation, and commissioner of college sports organisation the Southeastern Conference. Schiller also has experience in sailing having served as the commercial commissioner for the 35th America’s Cup.

Then you also have the SailGP CMO,  ITN-vet Tim Godfrey. This is top-shelf talent. I'd say it bodes very well for the growth of SailGP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Well no one saw that - obviously. Pay-walled articles? Oof.

 

I am beginning to believe you DO quote people's posts selectively and deliberately!  That's quite naughty.

The June 4th post referenced did have a link to the better free story, maybe you missed it, being at the end and all.  

Found better story no paywall. Schiller is "adviser" in it 

https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/industry-shorts-sailgp-wolves-stevenage-fc

...

Then we had this one next https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/sailgp-brings-in-schiller-to-drive-future-development/

and that does have the info you cut and pasted in. So perhaps you did see that one after all.  Good.  Glad to help you catch up.

But it is SO FUNNY YOU THINK A PAYWALL IS A BAD THING!!!!  Surprised you don't have more empathy for people getting paywalled out of wholesome, timely  racing action in SailGP. 

What a joker you are!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, that was way back in freakin' June. I didn't grace the Circesspool until July. And certainly no one was talking about it then. So I don't know what to tell you, other than no one read it like I said. And I certainly wasn't going to dig back through that sludge to try to find something interesting. I got out.

Anyway, the important thing is this: what do you think about Shiller and Godfrey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

 

Anyway, the important thing is this: what do you think?

Its time you bought a f@@@"n ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, Curious I just don't have the energy or interest to chase you chasing your tail.

Here's Dylan Fletcher. He's a pretty good sailor. He's a pretty good foiler even...kind of at the top of the game you might say...

He makes it very clear that he got pretty wet - much wetter than even on the F50. Maybe Dylan needs to take some lessons from you? Lack of "experience and ability"?

I stand by what I said. I was right...even knowing how little I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to Enter SailGP!

Ok, it's the future of sailing, so me and my mates want to enter.  One has foiling experience and the rest of us some spare cash.  We don't want to miss out so please send the entry forms for next year and any other info we will need to join in!

Yours sincerely

The Random Consortium

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is the future of sailing then we want to be in it!

We have raided our piggy-banks and have $259,925.52, where can we get a boat?  How far will that get us on the circuit?

Art work in process but this is what we are thinking till we get some sponsorship.

image.thumb.png.deae74ad04e7ffd024750ee2f43d3aa1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Dude, that was way back in freakin' June. I didn't grace the Circesspool until July. And certainly no one was talking about it then. So I don't know what to tell you, other than no one read it like I said. And I certainly wasn't going to dig back through that sludge to try to find something interesting. I got out.

Anyway, the important thing is this: what do you think about Shiller and Godfrey?

Almost everyone knows who HS is, and his (de)merits were discussed during AC35 ad nauseam, and again when this article was published.
But since these forums like to repeat the same over and over again, yours is a valid question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And still waiting on word for Dylan's final results...but everyone's gotta love "#loyaltothefoil"...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-11.20.18-AM.pn

Though all this speed and complexity is obviously killing racing as we know it. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's a great walkthrough of the F50 with Slingers...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-11.26.05-AM.pn

You'll notice the joystick controller on the AUS boat, where you saw the "pepper cracker" on the GBR boat. Pretty cool getting a clear explanation of these controls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And doesn't anyone listen to Curious? Olivier has been in 2 ACs now and still says ingnorant stuff like this?

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-11.45.22-AM.pn

He must have sailed a Catalina. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, random said:

If this is the future of sailing then we want to be in it!

We have raided our piggy-banks and have $259,925.52, where can we get a boat?  How far will that get us on the circuit?

Art work in process but this is what we are thinking till we get some sponsorship.

image.thumb.png.deae74ad04e7ffd024750ee2f43d3aa1.png

I'm pumped mate ready to go but I have looked and can't find an entry form anywhere on the website!

Looks like it is easier to enter the AC than this one.

Who do I have to sleep with to get a spot in this Future of Sailing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random, you need to change the skipper on your artwork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DtM said:

Random, you need to change the skipper on your artwork

I like the "Text" floating just forward of the mast. Very professional.

Maybe the skipper name should go from "Besson" to "Moron"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good athlete profile of MV of FRA...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-5.19.14-PM.png

And it's really weird - but the Mask video above was taken down. That's crazy - it was brilliant. Maybe it's temporary. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Another good athlete profile of MV of FRA...

 

 

Athlete?

He's an employee of SailGP. just like you are.

BTW; I want to be part of the future of sailing but there are no entry forms anywhere.  If this is the future, it is the future for couch potatoes to sit back and watch hired hands sail boats that are supposed to be representing their country.

Is SGP Australia Team supported by Australian Sailing?

Didn't think so.

But I still want to enter next year, please link me the entry forms.

dbf59e_231acef097d542639ed898cbe29d019c~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madboutcats said:

The Aussies were match racing these on Sydney harbor yesterday before heading off for the finals

 

tenor.gif?itemid=13733404

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, random said:

BTW; I want to be part of the future of sailing but there are no entry forms anywhere.

Is SGP Australia Team supported by Australian Sailing?  I have my card.

I still want to enter next year, please link me the entry forms.

dbf59e_231acef097d542639ed898cbe29d019c~

Still playing with the artwork, what do you think?

TeamRandom.thumb.jpg.53628fec7027c4fdc15c52f8bef51bfb.jpg

We are pretty pumped now, this is the future of sailing and we want to be there.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Smack on ignore and Random quoting and responding to himself, it seems that this thread has ended like many others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SmackBaddy has decided to troll the AC thread instead.  Imagine what those pricks will do when the AC starts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

With Smack on ignore and Random quoting and responding to himself, it seems that this thread has ended like many others.  

I think there was a 2008 auto-thread that fizzled after a coupla months. 

 

1 hour ago, random said:

SmackBaddy has decided to troll the AC thread instead.  Imagine what those pricks will do when the AC starts!

Yeah the image was a bit Luddite. Monohulls reimagined, bring it on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

With Smack on ignore and Random quoting and responding to himself, it seems that this thread has ended like many others.  

Maybe for you, mad. But who cares? Like you matter to the thread? You don't...obviously.

Racing next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another really amazing thing  is his fast recovery from a partial hamstring tear in May in SF.  They took him away in an ambulance. Ah, youth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No kidding. Did you see his leg when the other foot slipped through the netting? Ouch.

I was whining about my knees chafing a bit from scrambling across the tramp when we sailed FIASCO! last weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

No kidding. Did you see his leg when the other foot slipped through the netting? Ouch.

I was whining about my knees chafing a bit from scrambling across the tramp when we sailed FIASCO! last weekend.

tenor.gif?itemid=12170637

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mad said:

With Smack on ignore and Random quoting and responding to himself, it seems that this thread has ended like many others.  

Of course it’s slowed down there’s no racing for another week, at least we are waiting for racing to resume on boats that brought excitement and innovation to the sport and are still being professionally raced many years later. Wait till the AC starts and then we can contribute to the AC thread in like manor, fair dinkum, foiling is nothing new now and a double skin wing sail was on my Nacra 18 square when Bob Forbes built it 30 years ago and FFS stop those tenders going past in the foreground of the trials of the new AC foilers that’s making them look silly, VMG on AC boats, all I hear is crickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help me out here Smacky, we are fizzing-at-the-bung keen to enter the future of sailing.  Where are the entry details?

We have one moth sailor and 4 cashed up crusty cunts, ready to kick arse!  We can't stop talking about how cool this will be.

teamrandom2.thumb.jpg.e059512172bf40baedaa3bc02715eea8.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pretty patient.

How does Team Random enter the event for round 2.

This shit is awesome, but I can't see how the rest of us can be involved.  At least the AC had an entry process.

Is this really the future of sailing or more Pulp Video for lazy cunts to eat popcorn in front of as they get their personal details sold off to the highest bidder after the App has scoured their phones and iPads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

And a good bio on Devan...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-15-at-5.06.08-PM.png

These videos are really top-notch. Whisper is doing a great job.

Grinder.thumb.jpg.530f1c4750135d3e0ce9c9bca0e51bb8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be interesting tonight...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-16-at-2.40.50-PM.png

 

I don't know if this will become a USA-only production effort - or if the various teams will start taking this same story-telling approach. It will be and interesting development to watch for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking back at Sydney - that was freakin' TAME! It was almost like the Bermuda AC. "Boring" in comparison to SF, NY and Cowes. I hope Marseille gives them some stiff conditions. Sure makes for great racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Looking back at Sydney - that was freakin' TAME! It was almost like the Bermuda AC. "Boring" in comparison to SF, NY and Cowes. I hope Marseille gives them some stiff conditions. Sure makes for great racing.

image.thumb.png.55c353c0aac532e389193b1450056b1e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious Random - do you even sail - anything - at all? Or do you just post senseless drivel 24/7?

As for your graphic - it's actually pretty good. But keep in mind that you rarely get blood when sailing poorly at 4 knots. Unless, of course, you cut your finger on the lid of the pâté tin. And precisely NO ONE wants to watch that.

Bleed all over your blue blazer if you must. In the meantime, ain't nobody got time for that.

SailGP. The "Bogans" have spoken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I'm curious Random - do you even sail - anything - at all? Or do you just post senseless drivel 24/7?

Yep, on the water from 4 years old.  You make me look like John Bertrand and Denis Connor's love child.

Your a dickhead, lying for a living, not honest enough to fess up to being dishonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Looking back at Sydney - that was freakin' TAME! It was almost like the Bermuda AC. "Boring" in comparison to SF, NY and Cowes. I hope Marseille gives them some stiff conditions. Sure makes for great racing.

So that's awesome. what an achievement, one manufactured team beat their stable mates.

That's what it's all about mate.

Tell the marketing people they are trying too hard and it shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, random said:

Yep, on the water from 4 years old.  You make me look like John Bertrand and Denis Connor's love child.

Your a dickhead, lying for a living, not honest enough to fess up to being dishonest.

Really. Wow. I'd love to see some video of you ruling the waves. I'm sure I and everyone else here could learn a lot. I'm surprised you didn't mention Curious as at least the doula in that glorious birth.

Anyway, I don't work for anyone. Not SailGP. Not Core. No one. I just really like this particular racing event - and if I like something and think others will too, I share it. That's all. And that's the truth. You and a few others around here have spent way too long in the sad, psychotic stew of the AC forum. You need some air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I'm curious Random - do you even sail - anything - at all? Or do you just post senseless drivel 24/7?

As for your graphic - it's actually pretty good. But keep in mind that you rarely get blood when sailing poorly at 4 knots. Unless, of course, you cut your finger on the lid of the pâté tin. And precisely NO ONE wants to watch that.

Bleed all over your blue blazer if you must. In the meantime, ain't nobody got time for that.

SailGP. The "Bogans" have spoken.

By the way, and it may come as news to you, we're not your clones, and have minds of our owns. So, just because you do not want to watch it, it doesn't mean, nobody else does. (Not talking about someone cutting their finger, but the 4kn SBs.)

2 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Really. Wow. I'd love to see some video of you ruling the waves. I'm sure I and everyone else here could learn a lot. I'm surprised you didn't mention Curious as at least the doula in that glorious birth.

Anyway, I don't work for anyone. Not SailGP. Not Core. No one. I just really like this particular racing event - and if I like something and think others will too, I share it. That's all. And that's the truth. You and a few others around here have spent way too long in the sad, psychotic stew of the AC forum. You need some air.

I knew it, I knew it!!! You're still living in your Mum's house basement, getting public aid to make some kind of living.
Maybe a job would humble you a bit, try it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

By the way, and it may come as news to you, we're not your clones, and have minds of our owns. So, just because you do not want to watch it, it doesn't mean, nobody else does. (Not talking about someone cutting their finger, but the 4kn SBs.)

I knew it, I knew it!!! You're still living in your Mum's house basement, getting public aid to make some kind of living.
Maybe a job would humble you a bit, try it. 

For someone who lectures others on "semantics" - you sure do a piss-poor job of communicating via the written word. I assume that disaster of a first paragraph means you like to watch 4KSBs? Okay. That's fine. Go do it. I don't care. And, yes, I can absolutely confirm that you lot are not my clones. Thanks be to the heavens.

Ren, look, despite all your ongoing humping of my leg from forum to forum, I'm sorry - I'm just not attracted to you. You're a swell gal I'm sure. But like others who live in the AC threads - you just have that Alex Forrest vibe about you. [shudder]

It's nowhere near last call and I am supremely confident I can do better. Heh.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

For someone who lectures others on "semantics" - you sure do a piss-poor job of communicating via the written word. I assume that disaster of a first paragraph means you like to watch 4KSBs? Okay. That's fine. Go do it. I don't care. And, yes, I can absolutely confirm that you lot are not my clones. Thanks be to the heavens.

Ren, look, despite all your ongoing humping of my leg from forum to forum, I'm sorry - I'm just not attracted to you. You're a swell gal I'm sure. But like others who live in the AC threads - you just have that Alex Forrest vibe about you. [shudder]

It's nowhere near last call and I am supremely confident I can do better. Heh.

That's funny on so many levels, thanks a lot. You gave me another reason to carry on reading your comedy posts, they're getting better and better :D..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Really. Wow. I'd love to see some video of you ruling the waves. I'm sure I and everyone else here could learn a lot. 

Really. Wow.  Not everyone films themselves or does selfies all the time. Or sends them around to strangers on the web. Good to know you enjoy that. Careful though. Even texted pics can last forever.

Now here I am, looking at this SGP thread in hopes it had gotten less, well, less of a solitary vice now that you are participating in broader discussions. And it's Marseille week. 

But now I guess I'm just going to be lumped in as a leg humper (see below).

Well, that's pretty good company, considering who you so crudely insulted. 

And btw, is crude sexual innuendo all you have left as ammo? Usually that's  thought of as a last resort.

BTW, do tell the other folks over in ACA they are humping your leg when they interact with you; it's a good way to set the tone.  

3 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

 

despite all your ongoing humping of my leg from forum to forum, I'm sorry - I'm just not attracted to you. You're a swell gal I'm sure. But like others who live in the AC threads - you just have that Alex Forrest vibe about you. [shudder]

It's nowhere near last call and I am supremely confident I can do better. Heh.

I am sure your buddies here will be glad to know you prefer their, um, "attentions."  

And I am giving my first downvote to that crude insult. When you have nothing left..sheesh.

Go back to cutting and pasting your posts.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

 

Anyway, I don't work for anyone. No one. 

That is pretty obvious!  Fortunate for you the parents have a finished basement!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, ladies (and Clean) - give the Smackster some air here. You're all up in my personal space.

Damn forumones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

 you sure do a piss-poor job of communicating via the written word.

How many languages do you speak?  Not including redneck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh now Clew - you'll notice I only get smacky with those who start smacking first. I had no idea who ren was until ren started swinging. Same with most of you. So bring it down a notch.

In the mean time for those actually here for the racing instead of the whinging, here is a better vid of the AlexC vs. F50 race...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-17-at-2.29.04-PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as is pretty obvious from all the above - SailGP has just pulled down an IBC Innovation Award for its content creation...

Quote

SailGP was last night crowned the winner in the content creation category at the IBC Innovation Awards for its ambitious and ground-breaking remote production strategy.

Working with partners Oracle, Whisper and Timeline TV, the ambitious project pushes the boundaries with a remote production solution that delivers its programming into over 100 broadcast territories as well as a complementary, state-of-the-art app making SailGP available to a wide range of people.

The remote broadcast strategy enables live world feeds to be fully produced in London, up to 10,000 miles away where the action is happening. The world feed uses more than 40 video and data sources, including the award-winning LiveLine FX technology for impactful on-screen graphics and 1,200 data points derived from hundreds of sensors placed on the boats and athletes.

Key innovations in this landmark remote production include the integration of super-low latency technologies and the in-house design of bespoke equipment such as IP controlled waterproof cameras.

Innovation_Content_Creation_Winner_2.JPG

Well deserved. At least real professionals acknowledge how things are actually being redefined here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SD, you may not realize what you do, but you do ONLY tell people you have learned are female to "bring it down a notch," characterize them as "upset," suggest their attentions to your posts are sexual, ask for space, etc.

You actually don't know the gender mix of your audience and you wouldn't want drive away any more SailGP fans, now would you? 

Actually, your language in general is less foul than the modal poster, myself included, and afaik you generally haven't told people to perform acts on you. Just sayin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

SD, you may not realize what you do, but you do ONLY tell people you have learned are female to "bring it down a notch," characterize them as "upset," suggest their attentions to your posts are sexual, etc.

You actually don't know the gender mix of your audience and you wouldn't want drive away any more SailGP fans, now would you? 

Actually, your language in general is less foul than the modal poster, myself included, and afaik you generally haven't told people to perform acts on you. Just sayin.

That first sentence is completely untrue, Clew. I have no idea who any of you are other than avatars and location info shown for all of us - and I don't really care to know. I only go by what people write in these threads and treat everyone the same based on that. I don't need all this to be any more "real-life personal" than that. Period. (Though that doesn't seem to be the case with others around here.)

SA is just a freakin' forum - renown across the globe for its rampant roasting. If one doesn't want to play that game there are other forums, and even then I certainly don't foist the roast on others in the threads I post in. But if one does start lobbing grenades, and then cowers behind some imagined ethical bunker to complain when those grenades start coming back... I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.

So, on the contrary, I have told many, many posters to tone it down a notch here and elsewhere - and have absolutely characterized many as being upset (does Curious ring a bell in this very thread?)

So, I'm sorry, you're just wrong.

I firmly believe in equal opportunity roasting on sailing forums. You criticize my mom's basement (which is lovely by the way; comfy Barcaloungers and green shag carpet) - get ready for a smack...regardless of the gender/species/genus/etc. you might have assigned to your anonymity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

That first sentence is completely untrue, Clew. I have no idea who any of you are other than avatars and location info shown for all of us - and I don't really care to know. I only go by what people write in these threads and treat everyone the same based on that. I don't need all this to be any more "real-life personal" than that. Period.

Well then my mistake. I was going by this thread, not being familiar with your legend pre-summer 2019. I did not do a word search for upset, @Curious may recall.

But you did imply untoward intent and state it here. Did you say you thought @MR.CLEAN was interested in your leg? Other parts? Sometimes we are not aware of our unconscious biases. That is a hot topic in AI, btw, esp facial recognition. 

Nobody needs for real life personal, btw I never mention anyone's parents.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Well then my mistake. I was going by this thread, not being familiar with your legend pre-summer 2019. I did not do a word search for upset, @Curious may recall.

But you did imply untoward intent and state it here. Did you say you thought @MR.CLEAN was interested in your leg? Other parts? Sometimes we are not aware of our unconscious biases. That is a hot topic in AI, btw, esp facial recognition. 

Nobody needs for real life personal, btw I never mention anyone's parents.  

Exactly it is your mistake. So, I'd offer that you should do a little homework before going off...(but don't apologize, it will just make things awkward)...

×Screen-Shot-2019-09-17-at-3.34.14-PM.png

 

And I have no idea what Clean is interested in...except he does follow me around a lot.

So, as I say, if it's a conversation - cool, let's talk. If it's a roastfest, I can do that too...pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not mistaken about the leg humping unless you want to claim that as a regular thing for all comers?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Not mistaken about the leg humping unless you want to claim that as a regular thing for all comers?

 

 

Well, obviously that's a joke...to a degree.

The way I see it - if people who say they can't stand you keep following you around to tell you they can't stand you after they've told you to go somewhere else - and you have - I don't know what else to call it. In this regard, there seem to be quite a few Shih Tzus energetically going after my very well-toned calf these days.

But as you might imagine, I'm very used to that. There's a lot to love here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my! Sounds like we are down for "sporty" for the final...

Screen-Shot-2019-09-17-at-4.03.02-PM.png

 

Screen-Shot-2019-09-17-at-4.05.17-PM.png

This is gonna be good!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites