Seahawks struggled waaay more than they should have against the Bengals. Either that or Cincy has a better team than some thought. Glad we walked away with a W but it was as ugly as it gets

WL

......... no one's mentioned Pats v Steelers......

......... leaving now.....

28 minutes ago, wal' said:

Go Pats!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wal' said:

I like that new Steeler D:  The shower curtain. 

Glad to see Tunsil and Stills playing on a competitive team in Houston. Those guys work hard and want to win. I almost feel bad for wanting them to lose enough games that the draft picks the Dolphins got for them are the second pick. They won’t lose enough for that. 

Can the Pats score 100 in Miami this weekend? Can they beat the NFL record (72)? 

Pats can score 100 if AB is truly as "football smart" as he thinks he is..... or perhaps he is just another Chad Ocho-whatever.

Well............I did hear some entrepreneur is seizing the opportunity to let tourists swim with dolphins...........(thank you Onion)..............

zjbsfzifwtuqeckyot3a.jpg

15 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Holy Cow  Rothy... wtf you been eating?

When he was raping young women years back, everyone called him a pig.  Apparently he has grown into the title.  

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Can the Pats score 100 in Miami this weekend? Can they beat the NFL record (72)? 

Interesting way to hype the game:

Come See Your Dolphins Set an NFL Record (kind of)

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Well............I did hear some entrepreneur is seizing the opportunity to let tourists swim with dolphins...........(thank you Onion)..............

zjbsfzifwtuqeckyot3a.jpg

Not to get into gender identity wars, but statistically speaking, I think they either cut or traded away anyone who had a sack. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, White Lightnin' said:

Seahawks struggled waaay more than they should have against the Bengals. Either that or Cincy has a better team than some thought. Glad we walked away with a W but it was as ugly as it gets

WL

That was a VERY different team than the Marvin Lewis Bengals. But it was mostly the same players as last year.

Most of the team changes were in the coaches - head, defense, and offense among others. Cincinnati has been squandering a lot of talent with crappy coaching.

After 16 years of Lewis-ball, it was weird to get the ball with 52 seconds and actually push for a TD, instead of running up the middle and running out the clock or settling for a field goal as soon as you get in range without regard to time or timeouts left.

Weird too was things like continuing target Ross after a couple of spectacular drops. Lewis would have either pulled him or stopped targeting him. Taylor kept the ball coming to him and it paid off big. Last year he he was looking like a first round bust. Sunday he looked like a pro bowler. If he can catch reliably the ball with his speed he will be deadly when A.J. Green comes back.

10 hours ago, IrieMon said:

Pats can score 100 if AB is truly as "football smart" as he thinks he is..... or perhaps he is just another Chad Ocho-whatever.

Mr. Brown may be in for a bumpy ride.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/antonio-brown-accused-sexual-assault-rape-federal-lawsuit

National Felon League at its finest. The only group of people with more felonies that are still employed are politicians!!

(I know, take it to PA) :)

WL

• Like 1

As the Antonio Brown case is a civil lawsuit, not criminal.... will be interesting to see how this plays out with the league versus most others which are criminal (regardless, Goodell still holds all the cards).     Will also be interesting if Mr Brown's narrative style of emails may be the coup-de-grace on his career (nsfw):

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1171586813573640192

4 hours ago, IrieMon said:

As the Antonio Brown case is a civil lawsuit, not criminal.... will be interesting to see how this plays out with the league versus most others which are criminal (regardless, Goodell still holds all the cards).     Will also be interesting if Mr Brown's narrative style of emails may be the coup-de-grace on his career (nsfw):

NFL should flush him. Really, really bad for the brand.

WL

15 hours ago, IrieMon said:

Well, that was challenging.

17 hours ago, IrieMon said:

Michael Vick was allowed to go back to work after a felony conviction and prison sentence.  AB is clearly a POS but has been convicted of nothing and people want him denied his profession?  How's he going to be able to pay her off.  On a civil suit, I think the NFL keeps their nose out of it but Goodell is God.  All the major sports should have term limits on Commissioners.  

Owners can pick who they want wearing their colors and representing their brand.  That they have snubbed Kap is a clear indication these decisions are based on perceptions.

Goodell does seem to be God to the owners, even if they don't like it.  They selected him and keep re-signing him.  He could suspend Brown for the appearance of impropriety (or whatever they call it).  Folks will scream about Due Process.

If Kraft wants to boot him, he can.  My guess is he'll be fine with Brown in a Pats uniform, if for no other reason than to stick it to Goodell.

Personally, I think Brown is one of those "Me, me, me" guys who can destroy locker room chemistry.  

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Goodell does seem to be God to the owners, even if they don't like it. 

The market value of NFL teams has grown considerably under Goodell's "leadership" .   Over the past 21 years, NFL team values have climbed almost eight fold, at an 11.6% annual rate versus 4.5% for the S&P 500......growth has slown recently, but only because there are just so many bidders able to afford the 30% buy-in (per Forbes).   

Regardless of his methods, ya gotta love that return.    Interesting to see if he can keep this up in today's political/social climate.

One prognostication that's shaping up to be true for me again this year, is that I'm going to be disappointed.  My Skins flopped early,  Dallas looks good, the Pats look good ( neither of those are good things ), Foles got hurt, and I really wanted him to have a good season.   Philly and the Ravens look promising - so their may be some mid-atlantic hope there. 

Change the first one to “We know they suck” and it is spot on. “We” are fans, not participants. 

D1E3B4A8-A1A2-4AF5-88DA-68FF839A9C49.jpeg

YCMTSU............Mono?? WTF, is Darnold trying to remake a Brady Bunch Episode? 

I wasn't aware that anyone still watched NFL games..... I thought that they'd pretty much gone the way of the NHL.....

Who are the teams again?..... Steelers, Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Cowboys........ Broncos, Rams, Mets, Browns, Rangers......?

Seahawks managed to go into Heinz Field and upset the apple cart. Pete Carroll actually won a uncalled PI that he challenged ( I was a amazed...). Overall the Hawks did just enough to win and Stealers just enough to lose.

The rest of the NFC West is rolling as well. Its going to be a good season. 

I find myself hoping the Patriots go undefeated and do what they did last time that happened (lose in the first round)

WL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, White Lightnin' said:

I find myself hoping the Patriots go undefeated and do what they did last time that happened (lose in the first round Super Bowl)

FIFY

3 hours ago, White Lightnin' said:

Seahawks managed to go into Heinz Field and upset the apple cart. Pete Carroll actually won a uncalled PI that he challenged ( I was a amazed...). Overall the Hawks did just enough to win and Stealers just enough to lose.

The rest of the NFC West is rolling as well. Its going to be a good season. 

I find myself hoping the Patriots go undefeated and do what they did last time that happened (lose in the first round)

WL

Seahawks barely squeaked out a win, yet Steelers had a backup QB for most of the game.  And the Steelers are at best a wildcard team if BR is healthy. If this is the best the Seahawks could do considering the situation, if I was a Seahawks fan I'd be concerned.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:23 AM, IrieMon said:

The market value of NFL teams has grown considerably under Goodell's "leadership" .   Over the past 21 years, NFL team values have climbed almost eight fold, at an 11.6% annual rate versus 4.5% for the S&P 500......growth has slown recently, but only because there are just so many bidders able to afford the 30% buy-in (per Forbes).   

Regardless of his methods, ya gotta love that return.    Interesting to see if he can keep this up in today's political/social climate.

Slown???

11 hours ago, slap said:

Seahawks barely squeaked out a win, yet Steelers had a backup QB for most of the game.  And the Steelers are at best a wildcard team if BR is healthy. If this is the best the Seahawks could do considering the situation, if I was a Seahawks fan I'd be concerned.

Given that the Hawks were 3.5 underdogs, haven't scored a single point in Heinz Field since 1999 (2 games in that time), and they are notoriously slow starters, both in games and the beginning of the season (first 2-0 since 2013), yes I am looking forward to this season. 

They have some real talent on both sides of the ball that really has not had a chance to gel yet. As the season progresses they could be a pretty impressive team. 

PS-  Pittsburgh D balled out. They created most of their scoring opportunities. Granted, Ben being out was an impact. But that didn't effect what the D was doing, which was forcing turnovers and giving their offense a short field.

WL

Refs screw the Saints yet again. Drew Brees out for 6 weeks for surgery.  Teddy Bridgewater looked lost.  Season is in the crapper already.  They should let Taysom Hill play to get experience since he's the future more than TB.

11 hours ago, slap said:

Just announced BR out for the season 

31 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Just announced BR out for the season 

and Breese out 5-6 weeks

16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You Bears fans are going to love having Piniero doing the kicking. Kid has a thunder foot. 

You can't just kick field goals to win games all the time. Trubisky needs to show that he deserves that big salary and all the hype.

father time doesn't have enough food to feed anyone but  tommy boy I guess

23 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

You can't just kick field goals to win games all the time. Trubisky needs to show that he deserves that big salary and all the hype.

True dat......but with Bear football.....strong running and huge defense......historically the margin of victory is never big. More than most teams, a reliable kicker is critical to winning.

2 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Refs screw the Saints yet again. Drew Brees out for 6 weeks for surgery.  Teddy Bridgewater looked lost.  Season is in the crapper already.  They should let Taysom Hill play to get experience since he's the future more than TB.

If only there was an NFL Super Bowl caliber quarterback with nothing to do sitting around waiting for a call... oh, the flag thing.  Send the most disgusting, profane, abusive email ever written to a female employee (you and I would be fired for far less) and it's okay, you get a nine million dollar signing bonus and a chance to have a Very Brady Christmas. By the way, do you still want him at your house with your wife and children, Tom?

1 hour ago, Hawaiidart said:

If only there was an NFL Super Bowl caliber quarterback with nothing to do sitting around waiting for a call... oh, the flag thing.  Send the most disgusting, profane, abusive email ever written to a female employee (you and I would be fired for far less) and it's okay, you get a nine million dollar signing bonus and a chance to have a Very Brady Christmas. By the way, do you still want him at your house with your wife and children, Tom?

CK is probably rusty from inactivity.  But worth a tryout.

Woohoo. Three first round picks in 2020. Anyone want Kenyan Drake?  

If everyone’s team could pound on the Steelers and Texans to keep those draft picks high I’d appreciate it. Help a brother out. Dolphins have to play the Jets twice and Jags once. Not sure they can lose all of those games. 

51 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Woohoo. Three first round picks in 2020. Anyone want Kenyan Drake?  

If everyone’s team could pound on the Steelers and Texans to keep those draft picks high I’d appreciate it. Help a brother out. Dolphins have to play the Jets twice and Jags once. Not sure they can lose all of those games. 

They’re going to have to really work to lose to the Jets. That’s a pretty tall order.

9 hours ago, Point Break said:

They’re going to have to really work to lose to the Jets. That’s a pretty tall order.

at least I just freed up 15 Sunday's   ...more time on the Slopes i guess......................

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

at least I just freed up 15 Sunday's   ...more time on the Slopes i guess......................

:lol:

I feel your pain............

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

:lol:

I feel your pain............

Repeat 50 or 60 times and you will qualify to be a Lions fan.

8 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

Repeat 50 or 60 times and you will qualify to be a Lions fan.

My closest buddy is a Lions fan.....his wife is a cheesehead........I’m “da Bears”. 

We have to be careful during football season. :rolleyes:

That's all precious.  The Dolphins have a towel boy left.  Any team willing to work out a trade?  He's pretty good. 

OTOH, they have five picks in the first two rounds next year, four within the first 33 picks if things go the way they look. I've been a Gator fan long enough to know the hope that next year always brings. I'm just not used to relying upon it with 14 games left in the current season. 

FB_IMG_1568752613489.jpg

12 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Talk about a hard head!

image.png.4b11886d55f0da572bf2d7c5be831855.png

Given the open speculation that his behavior is caused by CTE, would you want to be the helmet maker he endorses?

While CTE is a legitimate issue, it is now the standard reason for players being spoiled assholes. 

DFF79F4F-0582-410E-BF22-D268FF54E0A6.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, DA-WOODY said:

FB_IMG_1568752613489.jpg

Do kids toss coins in front of her to see if they get flatten like those left on a railroad track?

Early observations.

Baltimore's D is legit. Ravens are going to be a force. Packers are in for a battle with the Bronco's. Love watching Rodgers get pissed off.

WL

Typical NFL weekend.  Patriots roll.  Lions try their hardest to screw it up but can't even do that right.  And Antonio Brown is looking for another job.

6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Typical NFL weekend.  Patriots roll.  Lions try their hardest to screw it up but can't even do that right.  And Antonio Brown is looking for another job.

I hear they need a new fry chef at McDonald's. 

As long as they  don't check his references 

55 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Normal stuff from fans who throw snowballs at Santa and have been known to throw batteries at players.

Don’t think my Bears are going anywhere. D looks awesome but Trubisky isn’t good enough. Will he get there? We ,.can always hope but I don’t think he has the tickets.

Sigh.....

10 hours ago, Point Break said:

Don’t think my Bears are going anywhere. D looks awesome but Trubisky isn’t good enough. Will he get there? We ,.can always hope but I don’t think he has the tickets.

Sigh.....

Agree with you 100%. The D is awesome but the O is pedestrian. The score should have been much higher last night if Trubisky could make the plays. He seems to always want to throw interceptions near the goal line. Against a team like the Skins he should have looked much better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Agree with you 100%. The D is awesome but the O is pedestrian. The score should have been much higher last night if Trubisky could make the plays. He seems to always want to throw interceptions near the goal line. Against a team like the Skins he should have looked much better.

The really sad thing is the O is filled with talent at WR and RB. An above average O line as well (if they can stay healthy). But the weak spot is and will be Trubisky. The Bears did it in 85 with exactly that combo though....McMahon was not exactly the QB of the century.

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

The really sad thing is the O is filled with talent at WR and RB. An above average O line as well (if they can stay healthy). But the weak spot is and will be Trubisky. The Bears did it in 85 with exactly that combo though....McMahon was not exactly the QB of the century.

Grossman was also a mid-level QB and he took them to the Super Bowl in 2006. I still don't see enough offensive talent to get past the Cowboys, Pack, Vikings and whoever else is having a good year.  

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Well - I am happy to supply outcome predictability services to anyone who needs 'em.   How's that work?   Any team I like will lose.  Fuggin' Deadskins... 

I resemble that remark. Am going to our local game this Sunday including my first pro tailgate. That oughtta put them in the toilet. Speaking of tailgate these are hardcore fans and the game is a noon one, so it's like a day break deal. That should be interesting in itself. Snockered b4 12?

And the Cowboys look good, oh fuck me running nothing worse than uppidity cowgirl fans swaggering around.

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

I resemble that remark. Am going to our local game this Sunday including my first pro tailgate. That oughtta put them in the toilet. Speaking of tailgate these are hardcore fans and the game is a noon one, so it's like a day break deal. That should be interesting in itself. Snockered b4 12?

And the Cowboys look good, oh fuck me running nothing worse than uppidity cowgirl fans swaggering around.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Well - I am happy to supply outcome predictability services to anyone who needs 'em.   How's that work?   Any team I like will lose.  Fuggin' Deadskins... 

Can I have a moment of your time to share the gospel of the Miami Dolphins?  I am in the odd position of wanting the Steelers, Bengals, Redskins, and others to WIN a couple of games.  Of course, the Dolphins play most of the other winless teams, so they will have a chance to make sure those teams get at least one "W". I will not be the least bit surprised if they end up doing a "Gator Flop" at some point during the season, against another winless team. They are on a mission.  Perfect season or bust!  

• Like 1

The Athletic wrote a piece about the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback’s statistical dominance on Monday.

“Patrick Mahomes has thrown 36% of Troy Aikman’s career touchdowns, in about 8% of the games,” The Athletic KC tweeted.

That’s pretty impressive.

Aikman had a pretty good response, though.

“ICYMI: Talk to me when when he has 33% of my Super Bowl Titles,” he tweeted.

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Can I have a moment of your time to share the gospel of the Miami Dolphins?  I am in the odd position of wanting the Steelers, Bengals, Redskins, and others to WIN a couple of games.  Of course, the Dolphins play most of the other winless teams, so they will have a chance to make sure those teams get at least one "W". I will not be the least bit surprised if they end up doing a "Gator Flop" at some point during the season, against another winless team. They are on a mission.  Perfect season or bust!  

the NY sandbaggers  ;-)

25 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Ya can't drink all day if you don't start early....  It's kinda  like I tell the folks listening when my band performs:  We'll sound better the more ya drink - so start now!  

• Like 1

So I envision Sol, A Guy and me tanking the fins and wondering if we should have costumes, like the three Amigos? Some kind of ritual? I mean it's playing the long game so not just trashing the team ala BS Gator (who seems to have gone radio silent at the moment).  Anyways, for this to be effective there should be some sort of plan, obviously Sol would be da leader. 

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Easy there d'ranger.  Us Dallas raised boys have spent a long time in the Jerrah driven wilderness.  No doubt we will once again suffer disappointment so allow us a few minutes of hope.  

17 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Easy there d'ranger.  Us Dallas raised boys have spent a long time in the Jerrah driven wilderness.  No doubt we will once again suffer disappointment so allow us a few minutes of hope.  

Well back in the day of Tom Landry and Tex Schramm the team was good and the class was better. Then they were anointed America's Team and God personally came down and blessed them and their fans. Jesus, save me from your Cowboy followers, TIA. Of note - when the Packers first started their rise from the ashes they played in Dallas at a playoff game, I met some friends who were huge GB fans so wore their gear. The taunting and abuse even at the airport was memorable. Each time I would turn, smile and say thanks, beat the point spread. sheesh. I have bled for teams but never felt the need to taunt anyone else ala you know who I mean, it's petty juvenile and indicative of a severely stunted emotional development. Cheer for an opposing player hurt? WTF.

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

the NY sandbaggers  ;-)

No way will Adam let the Jets lose to Miami.  They'll get two wins right there. They might get to pick before Miami's other first round pick from Houston, but they could win more games than the Steelers, whose first pick Miami has as well.  

I love it.  Three games into the season and all I can think about is the draft.  It usually take at least another month.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

So I envision Sol, A Guy and me tanking the fins and wondering if we should have costumes, like the three Amigos? Some kind of ritual? I mean it's playing the long game so not just trashing the team ala BS Gator (who seems to have gone radio silent at the moment).  Anyways, for this to be effective there should be some sort of plan, obviously Sol would be da leader. 

I need Houston to lose some games, but they look like a pretty good team, unfortunately.  Tunsil is a beast and he is still a bargain against the cap. 

This season, and the past 30 years, remind me how spoiled I was during the Shula years.  They went to the playoffs nearly every year.  They almost always won the division, etc.  Yet we were pissed that they didn't win the Super Bowl every year.  Facebook is kinda cool, because I follow a lot of those old timers, and it is nice to let them know how great their fans had it, but didn't realize it until much later.  

1 hour ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Sorry man - Jerry Jones ruined it for me when he couldn't stop meddling in the best combination of talent and coaching that ever existed w/Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Johnston, and Irvin.    Since then?   I've rooted for anyone that was playing Dallas. 

5 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Sorry man - Jerry Jones ruined it for me when he couldn't stop meddling in the best combination of talent and coaching that ever existed w/Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Johnston, and Irvin.    Since then?   I've rooted for anyone that was playing Dallas. 

Yet you root for the Dan Snyder shitshow Redskins?

• Like 2