Editor

suck my balls

Yes, we actually laughed out loud when we read that! You know you did too!

blurred balls.jpg

I've said worse and had worse said to me in the heat of the moment during a race.  I don't think this belongs on the front page with the kids name on it.  This is the problem in this era of social media and continuous thirst for news.  This kid made a mistake in the heat of the moment he paid the price based on the decision of jury why does he need to be judged again by a bunch of dickheads on a web page and have this document now associated with name of the rest of his life. He is a fucking kid what is the point in calling him out by name.  I usually back the Ed's play stir shit up and all that but this, in my opinion is a mistake.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, fan said:

This kid made a mistake in the heat of the moment he paid the price based on the decision of jury why does he need to be judged again by a bunch of dickheads on a web page and have this document now associated with name of the rest of his life. He is a fucking kid what is the point in calling him out by name.  I usually back the Ed's play stir shit up and all that but this, in my opinion is a mistake.

Litten up Fransis!  Give us some credditte hearer.         :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Litten up Fransis!  Give us some credditte hearer.

The kidde ista 'she' wiche mackes it evan funniere.           :)

I guess that depends if you believe the first 1/2 of the protest (he) of the second 1/2 (she) or it seems someone is cross identifying

I would have redacted the kids' names.  At first I thought this was an incident between adults, then I saw "Class: Optimist" and burst out laughing!

• Like 1

I had to read it twice - I think the Kiwi is a 'he' and the 'she' is his boat.  But what the Hell, if I was a teenager I'd probably take pride in the notoriety.

Image result for lighten up francis meme

• Like 3

I’m surprised this isn’t a copy of the Ed’s latest protest. 

1 hour ago, fan said:

I've said worse and had worse said to me in the heat of the moment during a race.  I don't think this belongs on the front page with the kids name on it.  This is the problem in this era of social media and continuous thirst for news.  This kid made a mistake in the heat of the moment he paid the price based on the decision of jury why does he need to be judged again by a bunch of dickheads on a web page and have this document now associated with name of the rest of his life. He is a fucking kid what is the point in calling him out by name.  I usually back the Ed's play stir shit up and all that but this, in my opinion is a mistake.

done.

• Like 7

Everyone needs to stop being cunts and HTFU!!

It's a sport and in the heat of battle of all sports stuff is said.

This country is going to Hell in a Hand Basket with these liberals

• Like 5

Kid broke rule 11 and 2  before even opening his mouth (I presume he’s a he). So a DSQ or DNE seems perfectly ok. The „suck my balls“ part is just the icing on the cake that makes him a star for 15 minutes on SA. 

• Like 2

That is hilarious! However  However a minor correction "Suck my balls bitch" IS the appropriate response

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 10thTonner said:

Kid broke rule 11 and 2  before even opening his mouth (I presume he’s a he). So a DSQ or DNE seems perfectly ok. The „suck my balls“ part is just the icing on the cake that makes him a star for 15 minutes on SA. 

Agree, if he broke a racing rule he should be penalized, as far as mouthing off, the others need to toughen up.

It's like little league where they don't keep score so these kids think they win even if there team sucks

Fuck that

11 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Agree, if he broke a racing rule he should be penalized, as far as mouthing off, the others need to toughen up.

It's like little league where they don't keep score so these kids think they win even if there team sucks

Fuck that

So when that kid is your employee and you ask them to do something, and they tell you "suck my balls", you'll just laugh and give them a raise because you're toughened up?

Yes, kids make mistakes like this, but without appropriate consequences you end up with, well, Trump.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, dash34 said:

So when that kid is your employee and you ask them to do something, and they tell you "suck my balls", you'll just laugh and give them a raise because you're toughened up?

Yes, kids make mistakes like this, but without appropriate consequences you end up with, well, Trump.

Suck my balls bitch

• Like 1

My daughters response to his comment would have been "I hear they look just like testicles, only smaller!" 

• Like 2

So a girl said - suck my balls - that's hilarious!

• Like 3

i heard a rule 2 protest for an opti regatta a few years ago - foul language was the claim in that case as well

the protestor was obviously well rehearsed - presumably by his coach...

i believed the protestor.., but i didn't feel like giving the other kid a rule 2 violation, so the decision was that no rule was broken.

i had a chat with the kid about appropriate behaviour on the race course, but have no idea if it did him any good

2 hours ago, Editor said:

done.

Event entry list gives the name and sex of competitors by Sail # so taking it off protest form was just saving a step. PC should not have used confusing gender on resolution.

1 minute ago, CALtd said:

Event entry list gives the name and sex of competitors by Sail # so taking it off protest form was just saving a step. PC should not have used confusing gender on resolution.

Obfuscation gives Plausible Deniability.

4 hours ago, fan said:

I have mixed feelings about public shaming, but its up on the event page for all to see anyway.

Besides, you could be these kids...
 :blink::ph34r:
http://2019worlds.optiworld.org/en/default/toa/race-privateprotest2pdf/id_protest/1611

I think the kid (lets call him Cartman) was probably right to say "suck my balls".

That's a retort, so I'm assuming that the other kid (lets call him Kyle) told him "spin, bitch!".

If you were out on a farr 30, and one of the other drivers decided to give you a lecture on the rules of the road mid-race, what would you tell them?

Whether Cartman fouled Kyle or not, it's Cartman's decision to spin. Kyle can protest if he wants, but he doesn't get to tell Cartman what to do.

Good for Cartman for holding frame!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toad said:

Suck my balls bitch

QED

29 minutes ago, Roller Skates said:

I have mixed feelings about public shaming, but its up on the event page for all to see anyway.

Besides, you could be these kids...
 :blink::ph34r:
http://2019worlds.optiworld.org/en/default/toa/race-privateprotest2pdf/id_protest/1611

Nothing to see except over zealous hotel management and event organizers. Kids/Athletes took ownership for a problem and showed initiative and creativity in resolving it. Good for them. If this surfaced ten years later in background check I’d view it as a positive.

Pretty sloppy protest form.

Facts Found 2. "NZL 474 was close-hauled ... "

Facts Found 3. "... between port bow of NZL 474 ... "

Not sure where this third party fits in as protest was between NZL 4717 and SUI 1762

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CALtd said:

I think PC was referring to the competitor as "he" in describing his actions, but the penalty was assessed against the boat referred to as "she". Maybe a little sloppy but not gender confusion. But it does appear they got a boat number wrong in the writeup. 

Personally I don't think the comment (or any foul language) impacts the fairness of the competition so I'm not sure I'd go with rule 2. It's more of a Misconduct issue and at least based on facts found might have warranted a warning.

But I do agree that there was a rule 2 violation in knowingly breaking a rule and failing to take a penalty, so the DNE was an allowable penalty. 

5 hours ago, jesposito said:

If he broke a racing rule he should be penalized, as far as mouthing off, the others need to toughen up.

Profanity is breaking a rule (Rule 2).

Yachting is a Corinthian sport, and there’s no place in it for unsportsmanlike conduct. If competitors choose to be foul-mouthed, that’s their prerogative but they should expect to be sanctioned.

4 hours ago, boomer said:

<_< NZL 4717 was sailed by a boy.

4 hours ago, boomer said:

Was it one of the Bruce Jenner girls?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TJSoCal said:

I think PC was referring to the competitor as "he" in describing his actions, but the penalty was assessed against the boat referred to as "she". Maybe a little sloppy but not gender confusion. But it does appear they got a boat number wrong in the writeup. 

Personally I don't think the comment (or any foul language) impacts the fairness of the competition so I'm not sure I'd go with rule 2. It's more of a Misconduct issue and at least based on facts found might have warranted a warning.

But I do agree that there was a rule 2 violation in knowingly breaking a rule and failing to take a penalty, so the DNE was an allowable penalty. 

IDK where the fuck Corinthia is, but I'm sure its wall-to-wall arse lickers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Svanen said:

huh? Rule 2 is Fair Sailing and says nothing of profanity... I suppose you could argue that profanity is not in compliance with 'recognized principles of sportsmanship' but I'm having trouble imaging any sport (unless you consider chess to be one) where competitors don't use profanity so I'm not sure that argument holds water. In fact I'm not sure that saying suck my balls even qualifies as profanity in the current zeitgeist. 

maybe the kids parents want to talk to him about keeping his voice down, but I don't think parenting for politeness is the race committee's responsibility.

I dunno, maybe mine are extra sensitive but the thread title sounds painful.

I'll stick with suck my dick.

4 hours ago, us7070 said:

i heard a rule 2 protest ... i believed the protestor, but i didn't feel like giving the other kid a rule 2 violation, so the decision was that no rule was broken.

i had a chat with the kid about appropriate behaviour on the race course, but have no idea if it did him any good

In my respectful opinion, a protest committee’s authority is limited by Rule 64. It does not extend to informal ‘chats’ or similar attempts to chastise competitors who have been found not to have broken any rule.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, overdraft said:

Rule 2 is Fair Sailing and says nothing of profanity.

That’s true enough.

I suppose you could argue that profanity is not in compliance with 'recognized principles of sportsmanship' but ... I'm not sure that argument holds water. In fact I'm not sure that saying suck my balls even qualifies as profanity in the current zeitgeist. 

Anyone facing a Rule 2 protest is free to contend that swearing at another competitor is not unsportsmanlike, and/or that “suck my balls” is mere friendly banter. However, as the decision of the International Jury in this case demonstrates, most experienced judges will reject those arguments.

It’s a lot smarter, and safer, to simply avoid bad language.

I'm having trouble imaging any sport (unless you consider chess to be one) where competitors don't use profanity

Again, true enough: swearing is not exactly unknown in many other sports. But when directed against officials, spectators or other competitors, it often results in fines or other sanctions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, overdraft said:

huh? Rule 2 is Fair Sailing and says nothing of profanity... I suppose you could argue that profanity is not in compliance with 'recognized principles of sportsmanship' but I'm having trouble imaging any sport (unless you consider chess to be one) where competitors don't use profanity so I'm not sure that argument holds water. In fact I'm not sure that saying suck my balls even qualifies as profanity in the current zeitgeist. 

maybe the kids parents want to talk to him about keeping his voice down, but I don't think parenting for politeness is the race committee's responsibility.

I don't agree: Competitors may use profanity but should NEVER be under the illusion that it is within recognized principles of sportsmanship.

You will get disqualified rowing at Henley if the stewards catch you using profanity. As sportsmen we should strive to do things better, not excuse poor behavior.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Svanen said:

Yachting is a Corinthian sport, and there’s no place in it for unsportsmanlike conduct. If competitors choose to be foul-mouthed, that’s their prerogative but they should expect to be sanctioned.

Foul language simpliciter has no effect on the fairness of competition.  It is NOT a breach of rule 2.

Rule 2, Fair Sailing
Rule 69, Misconduct
Generally, an action by a competitor that directly affects the fairness of the competition or failing to take an appropriate penalty when the competitor is aware of breaking a rule, should be considered under rule 2. Any action, including a serious breach of rule 2 or any other rule, that the committee considers may be an act of misconduct should be considered under rule 69.

Yachting (whatever that means) may be a Corinthian sport (whatever that means) but that has little to do with sailing racing under the Racing Rules of Sailing.

1 hour ago, Svanen said:
5 hours ago, us7070 said:

i heard a rule 2 protest ... i believed the protestor, but i didn't feel like giving the other kid a rule 2 violation, so the decision was that no rule was broken.

In my respectful opinion, a protest committee’s authority is limited by Rule 64. It does not extend to informal ‘chats’ or similar attempts to chastise competitors who have been found not to have broken any rule.

Couldn't agree more.

NZL4717 gets job as tactician on WOXI.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brass said:

Foul language simpliciter has no effect on the fairness of competition.  It is NOT a breach of rule 2.

You must have been wearing your magic spectacles when you read Case 138 ... it doesn’t stand for the proposition asserted.

It truly depends if "suck my balls" had a '!' or '?' attached to it.... just saying, a request is not a breach of rule 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Svanen said:
14 minutes ago, Brass said:

You must have been wearing your magic spectacles when you read Case 138 ... it doesn’t stand for the proposition asserted.

See Case 138 Answer 2

An action that is considered to be an act of misconduct and that does not directly affect the competition should be subject to action under rule 69.

1 hour ago, Svanen said:

38 minutes ago, Brass said:

Couldn't agree more.

Oh I don't know, I've had on water and off water jurors come to me unprompted and "explain" decisions.  Especially where the jury were split in the decision, and where I was a junior.

One was a mechanical movement thing where the on water guys couldn't agree if the leech movement was because of the body movement, or to action with respect to the waves etc... but all agreed it was borderline, gave me  the benefit of the doubt, then came to me after the race to discuss.   In hindsight the response here was kind of dodgy in that my competitor then specifically asked the OWJ to review his downwind action to which they obliged.

Teams and Match racing as a junior I often had IOWJ's come to us post race to explain scenarios.  you avoided penalty because of this, or got a penalty because of that.  In effect it was coaching because in a lot of those cases, explaining the scenario gave you better insight to applying a particular tactic.

I do agree that in an off water scenario, any cautions to be had should be done during the protest hearing summary.   The other competitor should be privy to such caution as it may influence their decision to appeal.   Any followup to this independently should not be in contrary to this.    If you let someone off in the room,  then outside the room caution them, then that is unfair to both parties.

aggressive use of foul language can be a tool to intimidate a competitor, and does affect the competition.

i think that is especially true with junior sailors

in any case.., we found no rule violation

also..,informal conversations, following the formal hearing,  between the jury and the sailors involved in the hearing.., are pretty common, and i have no regrets over telling the kid not to direct foul language at the other sailors in the future

• Like 3

15-20 knots... 1.5-2m seas... optis... Antigua. Awesome! Hope to see him as a new SA member posting under “Suck my balls” soon.

Kiwi kid deserved the protests for poor sailing and poor sportsmanship for not taking the penalty. I love the slap that he gives the Swiss in the protest room that he was frustrated with how he was doing in the race - whilst level with the Swiss.

Fair for the Swiss kid to protest the poor sailing and lack of penalty action, but he deserves having the inside of his wetsuit smeared with Marmite for being a whinging bitch. “...and then <sniff> he said rude words to me, and my rich mummy <sob> said I should file an extra RRS2 protest for that.”

If foul language disqualified competitors then 20% of our fleet would be booted out, common discussions are;

Read the fucking rule book

Are you fucking blind

Get the fuck out of there

You have no fucking rights

Fuck off

To all of the above the appropriate retort is "come and get me" but I feel that "suck on my balls" is actually better in every respect.

Be nice to see "suck my balls" enter the rule book as an acceptable response to a rule 20 hail.

I had an RRS 69 hearing many years ago where a 15 year old girl was accused of shouting "Learn to sail dickhead" at an adult competitor who had just rammed her boat from behind. We declined to find guilty as it was he said/she said, but what amused me was afterwards her mother said to me "I'm sure she wouldn't have said that, its just not in her vocabulary", and then "if she'd been accused of calling him a f**king idiot I'd have believed that".

• Like 6

Gotta say that "suck my balls" deserves some style points. Much better than hearing the normal GD's and F-bombs.  

As to the whole Yacht-Club-as-character-training idea, a re-watch of Caddyshack is in order-

Related image

We all know that Poindexter, Spaulding, and Cavanaugh are there learning to lick arse and get shitfaced.

That is something i would have said back in the day.Now it's you and me at the bike racks.

18 hours ago, 10thTonner said:

It will make him a star in NZ

Did anyone think he/she might of been referring to sporting equipment..........:blink:

“I’m going to make a cup of tea using your mouth” is a little too long winded as well

We had a boat foul one of our kids at junior regatta. Fouling boat was clearly wrong and yelled a bunch of nonsensical reasons why they were right. Skipper on fouled boat called him a f'n weasel. Fouling boat protested her for un-sporstmanlike behavior - thereby proving that skipper on fouled boat was right. 

Protest was heard. Fouling boat was chucked. Fouled boat was asked to apologize. All good.

In the heat of the moment, I'm willing to bet almost all of us have shouted something similar or much much worse. 

There was a very talented up and coming sailor in St Thomas who was giving the local legend a pretty good run for the trophies back in the day. He had the talent and fire and seemed to be able to get more devotion and performance out of his crew than the guy at the top who was a Silver Medalist in the Finn class. LIttle wonder there. Things got sticky when some limited advertising started showing up on the boats and the up and coming team showed up with nice polo shirts printed with the name of a limited sponsor, I think it was a big jeweler down by the cruise ship docks. At the finish line of the first race of the day, the newly sponsored boat crossed the line with a scant lead on their nemesis but failed to hear the winning gun go off. Then they heard the gun just a couple of seconds later and figured that the committee must just be a bit slow on the trigger. But they heard no whistle following for the next boat in second. The crew was congratulating themselves but the wary skipper sailed past the committee boat and asked why there had been only a gun and no whistle and was told that they were DSQ for wearing the sponsored shirts! He vented a bit to the committee but they turned a deaf ear and kept scoring finishing boats. Everyone on the newly sponsored boat was upset none more than the skipper. He told them to get over the BS DSQ and take their shirts off and turn them inside out so the logo didn't show and then gave a 'let's go show them we are winners' sort of speech. 

They won the second race by about the same close margin and got a second DSQ which lead to another shouting match at the committee boat and the committee said that the shirts were still recognizable 'in context' and were given as the reason for the ruling. The skipper yelled at the committee 'Then just do whatever the FUCK you want to do' but sort of trailed off to a mumble at the end and he was protested for 'poor sportsmanship' for what the committee members testified they heard as a simple 'FUCK YOU'.

All in the Semantics of the situation.

No swearing please, we're sailors.

This whole thing was a misunderstanding, let's get the real story from NPR:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

There was a very talented up and coming sailor in St Thomas who was giving the local legend a pretty good run for the trophies back in the day. He had the talent and fire and seemed to be able to get more devotion and performance out of his crew than the guy at the top who was a Silver Medalist in the Finn class. LIttle wonder there. Things got sticky when some limited advertising started showing up on the boats and the up and coming team showed up with nice polo shirts printed with the name of a limited sponsor, I think it was a big jeweler down by the cruise ship docks. At the finish line of the first race of the day, the newly sponsored boat crossed the line with a scant lead on their nemesis but failed to hear the winning gun go off. Then they heard the gun just a couple of seconds later and figured that the committee must just be a bit slow on the trigger. But they heard no whistle following for the next boat in second. The crew was congratulating themselves but the wary skipper sailed past the committee boat and asked why there had been only a gun and no whistle and was told that they were DSQ for wearing the sponsored shirts! He vented a bit to the committee but they turned a deaf ear and kept scoring finishing boats. Everyone on the newly sponsored boat was upset none more than the skipper. He told them to get over the BS DSQ and take their shirts off and turn them inside out so the logo didn't show and then gave a 'let's go show them we are winners' sort of speech. 

They won the second race by about the same close margin and got a second DSQ which lead to another shouting match at the committee boat and the committee said that the shirts were still recognizable 'in context' and were given as the reason for the ruling. The skipper yelled at the committee 'Then just do whatever the FUCK you want to do' but sort of trailed off to a mumble at the end and he was protested for 'poor sportsmanship' for what the committee members testified they heard as a simple 'FUCK YOU'.

All in the Semantics of the situation.

Unless there was something in the sailing instructions (in which case the competitor should have known they couldn't wear the shirts) I don't see where the RC would have the authority to award a DSQ without a hearing. 

Competitor would have gotten a lot more traction by shutting up on the water and requesting redress. Probably would have wound up with his finishing place. 

• Like 2

I'm trying to imagine what an Opti regatta would be like if conducted according to the standards proposed by many on this forum.  Little kids bumping into each other at marks yelling "Fuck you", "Suck my dick", "I'm coming for you motherfucker" and "Eat shit dirtbag" while mommy and daddy and the RC chuckle and smile at their crazy antics.  Afterwards the kids get pats on the back from mom and dad: "Yeah, Billy, you really told that little fucker off."  

White trash go sailing?

I can't believe that this is what anyone wants.  On the other hand, Trump is in the White House.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dash34 said:

I'm trying to imagine what an Opti regatta would be like if conducted according to the standards proposed by many on this forum.  Little kids bumping into each other at marks yelling "Fuck you", "Suck my dick", "I'm coming for you motherfucker" and "Eat shit dirtbag" while mommy and daddy and the RC chuckle and smile at their crazy antics.  Afterwards the kids get pats on the back from mom and dad: "Yeah, Billy, you really told that little fucker off."  

White trash go sailing?

I can't believe that this is what anyone wants.  On the other hand, Trump is in the White House.

Actually your description sounds more like New England youth hockey

I still cant believe the fuss people have over language. Who cares. Everyone has a different vocabulary. I could literally blast you using "proper" language and words above most peoples common lexicon, but that would be fine because it wasn't curse words. That is insane. It is the same with the people who are grammar police. Question 1, did you understand what the person said, even if it wasn't grammatically correct? Yes, than who cares. There are far more important things to actually give a damn about, and these two are not them. 

39 minutes ago, dash34 said:

White trash go sailing?

35 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Actually your description sounds more like New England youth hockey

Or little league baseball (and I'm talking about the parents trash talk)

On 8/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, EastCoastHustle said:

Totally inappropriate to keep the names of the kids on here.

wiped the names but the full sail #s are still there lmao

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ajax said:

I would have redacted the kids' names.  At first I thought this was an incident between adults, then I saw "Class: Optimist" and burst out laughing!

yeah, this was at the World Champs Antigua race this year. At that level you better believe Opti kids get VERY serious. 

Approaching 70 posts by "adults" debating the behaviour of two Opti kids.

Do you think they are splitting their sides laughing {LMFAO in their jargon} at the grown ups with nothing better to do.

Oh, we have better stuff to do. 

We're just not doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sosoomii said:

Technically, is this not sexual harassment of a minor? 

see poeste nubber 68                 :)

1 hour ago, sosoomii said:

Technically, is this not sexual harassment of a minor? 

Fuck right off with that shit. 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:59 AM, Editor said:

Yes, we actually laughed out loud when we read that! You know you did too!

blurred balls.jpg

Actually, I thought it was sophomoric and disgusting. You debase yourself and whatever you're trying to promote.

16 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Actually, I thought it was sophomoric and disgusting. You debase yourself and whatever you're trying to promote.

No, dointte see that.                            :)

Guidance on misconduct. Note the last page.

https://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/2017WorldSailingMisconductGuidance-[22804].pdf

Interesting to note that the RYA has a code of conduct (https://www.rya.org.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Racing/RacingInformation/RacingCharter/RYA Racing Charter 2017.pdf) that clubs may refer to in their sailing instructions.  More or less makes profanity a violation of the SI's.

16 hours ago, Mark Set said:

wiped the names but the full sail #s are still there lmao

Agree the sail numbers should be partially blurred too.

But then we wouldn't get to see the bit where NZL-474 should have been penalised instead? :unsure:

If he was my kid and if he wanted me to buy him a new boat, I present it to him already named "Suck my balls!"

If the kid is in a world class competition, tempers can flare. The rule was broken and the penalty applied. The use of foul language was addressed and the apology given. If the kid did his turns, none of this would be an issue. 

We had a 8 year old, second year sailing student at our club (with obvious issues)that kicked my truck in anger last year when a coach gave him an order. He was disciplined. This year the told an instructor to “fuck off!” He was picked up by his grandfather and thrown out of the program. 

He was making it bad for everyone else all the time.

7 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

If the kid did his turns, none of this would be an issue.

Rule 2 is in Part 1 of the rules.

Turns only exonerate you for breaking a rule of part 2 (When Boats Meet).., or Rule 31 (hitting a mark), which is in Part 3

4 hours ago, us7070 said:

Rule 2 is in Part 1 of the rules.

Turns only exonerate you for breaking a rule of part 2 (When Boats Meet).., or Rule 31 (hitting a mark), which is in Part 3

Yeah, but if NZL did turns for breaking 11 & 14, is SUI really going to protest just for 2?

Blowing 15 to 20 with up to 2 meter seas. As stated in 48 above. Good for them. I recall as a kid playing rugby, I said a few things, involving bodily harm to someone else, that makes this seem pale. And that was before trash talk was invented. Good reading about the Stewart 34. 

S34s are great boats, raced very hard over the years by some great sailors from all over the world, however none of them were polite enough to say suck my balls. 

On 8/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, dash34 said:

White trash go sailing?

It’s funny to discuss b/c it is shocking and out of the norm. In the example I shared earlier in this post, the cursing sailor was ashamed and apologized to the boat she cursed at, the race committee, her coaches, teammates, and our organization. Don’t think that will happen again. 

Having said all that, and having raced for the past 40+ years (fuck I’m getting old), sometimes a good “fuck you” at the right moment of time can be highly strategic. It can snap a competitor who knows better back into following the rules - written or understood (each class and fleet have the how-things-are-done unspoken rules of decorum). It only works if you are not a screamer and if you have the competition’s respect. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Bull City said:

Suck my balls

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Unkle Krusty said:

And that was before trash talk was invented.

Krusty, trash talking has been around a long while.

3 hours ago, toad said:

Suck my balls

How original.

5 hours ago, Bull City said:

How original.

Better?

37t167.jpg.9eeb300f2d2bb2a20091727ec7726eee.jpg

On 8/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, toad said:

If foul language disqualified competitors then 20% of our fleet would be booted out, common discussions are;

Read the fucking rule book

Are you fucking blind

Get the fuck out of there

You have no fucking rights

Fuck off

To all of the above the appropriate retort is "come and get me" but I feel that "suck on my balls" is actually better in every respect.

You sail in a crappy fleet if that's how 20% of your fleet responds to other competitors. And we wonder why sailing is dying... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

please define profanity?   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bull City said:
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, toad said:

Suck my balls

How original.

You reallize youre response is juste as orriginalle, rite?

• Like 1