2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Lazy typing.  Though he comes off a little piggish.

I thought that we (as a group) had determined that pigs were intelligent, sentient beings although a little vindictive, and cruel.....

14 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I thought that we (as a group) had determined that pigs were intelligent, sentient beings although a little vindictive, and cruel.....

You mean the opposite of elk?

Hmm I must have missed that.

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You mean the opposite of elk?

Hmm I must have missed that.

Sorry.... I wasn't meaning to cast aspersions.

11 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

do the right thing and burn them..or are you trolling? 

It's a bolt action . 22. My odds of defending my freedom from an oppressive, tyrannical government are near zero. Shooting up a crowd with a semi-auto . 22 is pretty unlikely too.

Besides, I have zero issues with the existence or ownership of guns - there are legit times and places for them.

11 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Unless you are really hard up for cash and want top dollar from someone who can't pass a background check, take them to your local gun shop or sell them to someone you know isn't a criminal. NFW would I sell my gun to some random person I didn't know for a fact was legal to own it.

Good point.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I can't fix that for you.....

Borer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_exchange_geothermal_heat_pump

You and your pussy shit solar energy. Real men use a 3 inch drill mounted on a Bobcat to sneak into lovely suburban backyards and install 10 tons of copper tubing direct heat exchange cooling under the manhole cover below the barbeque grill that extend six feet to the property line at a 45 degree drill angle. Real men dump so much heat into that fine Tennessee soil that by winter time an inland sailor could toast half-a-ton of Gentleman Jack by the warmth of its glow.

Fuckin' pussy ass photovoltaic shit. All that bullshit low entropy power at the lowest projected future energy cost in the history of electric power.

But you see, you Rooftop Twiddler, the only way your pussy assed photovoltaics work is with semiconductors. And to make them work, you need the good stuff, the rare earth elements. And those come out of the ground, and the only way we build a domestic manufacturing economy of rare earth elements is if we pull them out of the ground in situ, and to do that correctly, we need to piggyback the technology onto consumer products, like direct exchange geothermal.

Don't be a loser, like the Florida Gators, be a winner, like the Gators were before they started to suck. You want to get rich? Solar PV is in the domain of the big guys and gals now. The opportunity is in advanced rare earth element extraction.

And extraction is a bitch.

57 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

It's a bolt action . 22. My odds of defending my freedom from an oppressive, tyrannical government are near zero. Shooting up a crowd with a semi-auto . 22 is pretty unlikely too.

Besides, I have zero issues with the existence or ownership of guns - there are legit times and places for them.

Disassemble them and send them to me. I'll take care of them properly

32 minutes ago, random said:

ga4030.jpg

Izzat what you're planning on using on your genitals later so you can complete your transition?  If so, can you please post a Youtube vid of it?  Thanks.  

16 hours ago, d'ranger said:

@chum uh, no those are not automatic weapons, you need better bait. 

Anything semi-auto is "like an M 16" and can therefore be banned.

18 hours ago, d'ranger said:

And despite you know who and his obsession with Dianne Feinstein do you know who uses dogballs caliber weapons to commit crimes? Morons and professional hitmen. 

DiFi and the Presidential Contenders don't want to ban them because of use in crimes. They want to ban them because they're "military style." You know, like an M 16.

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

If not then the best solution is a cutting torch.

That's what the ATF recommends.

8 hours ago, Fakenews said:

My reasonable advice?  Forget selling it.  

Go sailing and drop it off over the Mariana Trench (or similar). It’s the only way to ensure that the AW’s will never present a public health hazard again.

I agree with Bull Gator. At least a few of the "boating accidents" that claim naughty guns should involve a gun in the drink but I suspect very few really do. BJ could up the credibility of that line a bit.

49 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Izzat what you're planning on using on your genitals later so you can complete your transition?  If so, can you please post a Youtube vid of it?  Thanks.  

Seriously Jeffy, Grow up mate.

Some silly shit here is fun, your shit, like that, is not.

It''s just boring and childish.

BTW how are things going working for the Arabs?  The people you say did 9/11? 

You can't get much lower than that, Ankles.

1 hour ago, random said:

How are things going working for the Arabs? 

Actually, as of yesterday, I'm not. :D

Although technically - I haven't been working for Arabs for a while now, almost 3 years.  "With" Arabs but not "FOR".

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Although technically - I haven't been working for Arabs for a while now, almost 3 years.  "With" Arabs but not "FOR".

giphy.gif

So @B.J. Porter, are you going to PM me any pics of the handgun?  Sounds interesting.

This brings up a point - legality aside, it would be a lot easier to license people than guns. I could put up an ad "shotgun for sale, must show Maryland firearms card to purchase" and not worry about selling a gun to someone who should not have it.

33 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

This brings up a point - legality aside, it would be a lot easier to license people than guns. I could put up an ad "shotgun for sale, must show Maryland firearms card to purchase" and not worry about selling a gun to someone who should not have it.

I have said this for a long time to anyone that would listen.  It was included in my 16 point list IIRC.  

I would take that even a bit further.....  I've said that there should be an app for instant BCGs.  Because you may have a license, but some DSQing information could come along before the card expiration date and the seller would not know unless he/she ran your info through a current DB.

It would work like this.....  You go through an exhaustive BGC including fingerprints, deep background including any mental and/or RO issues and the Federal, state and local DBs all talk to each other.  Much like you do for Concealed carry in many states or ATF Items.  You then get a Photo ID card issued (good for say 5-10 years) that says you are licensed to possess any legal weapon or ATF item.  However, everytime you purchase anything, your license number gets run through this App on your iPhone and is checked against the DB to make sure there are no changes since the card was issued.  You could even have a fingerprint scanner on the phone as well to make sure the guy/gal buying was indeed the same person and it wasn't a forged card.  That tech exists today.  

The info goes into the ATF DB and returns either a Green thumbs up (sale proceeds), a red thumbs down (no sale), or Yellow whatever to say there needs to be some further action or verification and then it would tell you the next steps.  If yellow, the seller or buyer has the right to just walk away.  AS long as it comes up green - The seller should be secure in the knowledge that the buyer has undergone all the deep BGCs and there has been no change since the initial check.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!  In fact I should patent that idea.  Trademark!!  trademark!!  

Edit to add:  And this photo ID would be good for voter ID as well.  Win Win.:lol:

20 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Passing a law is doing nothing.  Enforcing it is doing something.  How do you police and enforce private sales?

Just now, Saorsa said:

How do you police and enforce private sales?

You have no idea do you?

12 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Passing a law is doing nothing.  Enforcing it is doing something.  How do you police and enforce private sales?

^^

52 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Actually, as of yesterday, I'm not. :D

"With" Arabs but not "FOR".

Yeah, because they really consider you their equal.  Anyone who's worked for Emiratis knows better!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

How do you police and enforce private sales?

You just asked how 50 states and the federal government police and enforce laws.

5 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Yeah, because they really consider you their equal.  Anyone who's worked for Emiratis knows better!

You misunderstand me.  At no point have I ever been under the illusion that the emiratis considered anyone not a local to be their equal.  White Expats are usually nothing more than well paid tea-boys.  

21 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I think so!!  BJ, I might be interested in them, if you want to do a private sale, but as others suggest, you are probably just trolling, which is out of character for you??

I'm not trolling, we've legit got a couple of target guns in the house that we don't want.

I've never expressed an interest in removing guns from society or an opposition to them on principle. My little . 22 gave me a lot of fun over the years plinking away at bottles, cans and targets.

I'm interested in removing 1) guns from the hands of people that shouldn't have them and 2) guns (and/or acessories) that are dangerous beyond any practical purpose. You don't need an AR-15 with a hundred round drum and a bump stock to shoot a deer. I'd also love to see the end of the "good guy with a gun" myth, and our ridiculous gun cult culture, home defense Walter Mittys, and to see it become a lot harder to get a gun or stockpile them like a lunatic.

To the best of my knowledge, my Springfield has inflicted harm on one (1) creature in the world, a pain in the ass rabbit that was nibbling on every single cabbage in my father's garden instead of sticking to just one. If he'd stuck to one cabbage instead of destroying dozens my father probably would have left it alone.

It is entirely possible the pistol has never been fired. My grandfather got it for my grandmother because he traveled a lot and she claimed she was scared by herself at home. I think he picked a weapon that would make her feel good at night but wasn't likely to kill him if he came home from a trip a day early and she let fly in the dark. I do not think they ever took it to the range to teach her to shoot it, it was more of a security blanket than sat in the closet most of the time.

What I'm looking for is the safest, legal way to sell the guns to an interested and lehgally qualified collector or target shooter. Historically, the handgun is about 80 years old, the rifle almost 50 or older. They stopped producing the handgun model in 1936 I believe, the 120A . 22 in 1971. I have no idea if that increases or decreases attraction.

Anyway - based on comments here it seems that a legit dealer is clearly the way to go, not a private sale even if a few bucks are left on the table.

41 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Same way you police anything else.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

What I'm looking for is the safest, legal way to sell the guns to an interested and lehgally qualified collector or target shooter. Historically, the handgun is about 80 years old, the rifle almost 50 or older. They stopped producing the handgun model in 1936 I believe, the 120A . 22 in 1971. I have no idea if that increases or decreases attraction.

Anyway - based on comments here it seems that a legit dealer is clearly the way to go, not a private sale even if a few bucks are left on the table.

BJ - I'm serious about the pistol.  Can you PM me some details of it (Model #, make, pic, etc)

45 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:
58 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

^^

Its a weird but amazing fact, but when I buy a car or a boat in a private sale the government miraculously manages to regulate the sale and tax me.

19 hours ago, mikewof said:

I have a question about guns in movies and tv ... why is it that the bad guys often seem to have a bunch of assault weapons but they still get taken out by the good guy cop armed only with his trusty sidearm? They burst into the villa courtyard, spraying hot lead everywhere, but they get killed by that little peashooter held by the last honest cop in Brooklyn, or Medelin, or whatever.

Why do we love that fable so much? In reality, isn't it usually the "good guys" who have the nuclear-powered attack robots and the "bad guys" try to protect Finland with a few Malotov cocktails and an old bolt action rifle?

And speaking of nuclear powered attack robots, why do the people who build these things in the tv shows always seem to cheap out in critical details? How much extra could it cost to add the ability for the thing to navigate a set of stairs? Do they pay $60 million for the nuclear powered attack robot and then decide "y'know, that extra $20,000 for the stair-climbing ability, I'm not going to need that am I?"

Or even just plug to the openings to the giant killer robot so that the hero can't disable it with a damned Super Soaker? Why even have a $60 million nuclear attack robot if the fucking thing isn't even waterproof?

Jesus, Mike, even you can answer that question.

You want reason in movies and TV???

55 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

t would work like this.....  You go through an exhaustive BGC including fingerprints, deep background including any mental and/or RO issues and the Federal, state and local DBs all talk to each other.  Much like you do for Concealed carry in many states or ATF Items.  You then get a Photo ID card issued (good for say 5-10 years) that says you are licensed to possess any legal weapon or ATF item. 

What if you're on the secret Terrorist list for secret reasons?

56 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Edit to add:  And this photo ID would be good for voter ID as well.  Win Win.:lol:

That's actually a very good idea. Each half of the Duopoly needs a reason to come up with a sensible answer to my question above.

20 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Its a weird but amazing fact, but when I buy a car or a boat in a private sale the government miraculously manages to regulate the sale and tax me.

Nope, that's to register it to drive on the road.  You can sell quad bikes and tractors all day long without registration.  I suspect that you could sell a  licensed car and the buyer wouldn't need to deal with the DMV if you left the license plate on it.

The seller is not obligated to do anything on the transaction.

50 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm not trolling, we've legit got a couple of target guns in the house that we don't want.

I've never expressed an interest in removing guns from society or an opposition to them on principle. My little . 22 gave me a lot of fun over the years plinking away at bottles, cans and targets.

I'm interested in removing 1) guns from the hands of people that shouldn't have them and 2) guns (and/or acessories) that are dangerous beyond any practical purpose. You don't need an AR-15 with a hundred round drum and a bump stock to shoot a deer. I'd also love to see the end of the "good guy with a gun" myth, and our ridiculous gun cult culture, home defense Walter Mittys, and to see it become a lot harder to get a gun or stockpile them like a lunatic.

To the best of my knowledge, my Springfield has inflicted harm on one (1) creature in the world, a pain in the ass rabbit that was nibbling on every single cabbage in my father's garden instead of sticking to just one. If he'd stuck to one cabbage instead of destroying dozens my father probably would have left it alone.

It is entirely possible the pistol has never been fired. My grandfather got it for my grandmother because he traveled a lot and she claimed she was scared by herself at home. I think he picked a weapon that would make her feel good at night but wasn't likely to kill him if he came home from a trip a day early and she let fly in the dark. I do not think they ever took it to the range to teach her to shoot it, it was more of a security blanket than sat in the closet most of the time.

Like I said, you can disassemble them and send them to me in separate boxes. I have a shooting range on my property (it was here when I bought it) and I use it about once every 3 months or so just because....

47 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Like I said, you can disassemble them and send them to me in separate boxes. I have a shooting range on my property (it was here when I bought it) and I use it about once every 3 months or so just because....

Be careful. Even in pieces the receiver is still a firearm and there are laws, carrier restrictions. Much easier to go through a FFL. Even using the "Internet Loophole" is a PIA.

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

“My odds of defending my freedom from an oppressive, tyrannical government are near zero.

I have zero issues with the existence or ownership of guns.” -BJ Porter

I believe the above to be true.

BJ, I’m pleading with you, as the voice of reason and logic here, destroy them by any means possible. Do not send them to random people on the internet, you have no idea as to their qualifications or intentions. For all you know such a person might shoot himself or some innocent bystanders while playing with/trying to understand their new toy. You could inadvertently be sending it to some gangsta SA poster who needs to bust a cap in his rival, then it would be on you.

Its dark day for PA when this place becomes nothing more than a bazaar for WMDs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

The seller is not obligated to do anything on the transaction.

You are required by law to file a notice of sale in Florida.

Title transfers go through the state in most places. I'm sure there's some masturbatory exercise where you could accept money from someone who didn't want the title - but why would you want the liability for the vehicle?

1 hour ago, F_L said:

Be careful. Even in pieces the receiver is still a firearm and there are laws, carrier restrictions. Much easier to go through a FFL. Even using the "Internet Loophole" is a PIA.

There is no law that says that I can't mail guns to myself, nor is there any law that says that parts of guns can not be mailed separately. You may not label the box/carton "gun parts"... But other than that, it's just hardware..... Unless the laws have changed in the last 5 years, which I suppose is possible.

3 hours ago, Black Sox said:

Jesus, Mike, even you can answer that question.

You want reason in movies and TV???

Thus my point. We like that fantasy of the bad guys outgunning the good guys, and the good guys win anyway.

We don't much like the reality of the "good guys" dominating the bad guys with flying killer robots and Hellfire missiles, huh? That doesn't move entertainment dollars.

4 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

That's how they do it in IL. I have to have a FOID card. And any gun sale needs to be reported. If it's not and something bad happens, you're on the hook.

8 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

There is no law that says that I can't mail guns to myself, nor is there any law that says that parts of guns can not be mailed separately. You may not label the box/carton "gun parts"... But other than that, it's just hardware..... Unless the laws have changed in the last 5 years, which I suppose is possible.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

BTW - if you sell a car/boat/airplane for cash no paperwork and the new owner never registers it, you can be in for a very nasty surprise when the new owner does something bad with it and runs off.

3 hours ago, chum said:

BJ, I’m pleading with you, as the voice of reason and logic here, destroy them by any means possible. Do not send them to random people on the internet, you have no idea as to their qualifications or intentions. For all you know such a person might shoot himself or some innocent bystanders while playing with/trying to understand their new toy. You could inadvertently be sending it to some gangsta SA poster who needs to bust a cap in his rival, then it would be on you.

Its dark day for PA when this place becomes nothing more than a bazaar for WMDs.

I'm assuming your purple font key was broken.....

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

BTW - if you sell a car/boat/airplane for cash no paperwork and the new owner never registers it, you can be in for a very nasty surprise when the new owner does something bad with it and runs off.

what surprise

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

what surprise

One buddy sold a boat. The new owner never registered or titled the boat. Some years later said boat breaks loose and crashes into a boat belonging to a judge. Said judge found out who the boat was titled to and my friend got an irate phone call threatening all kinds of legal hell for the damage done to the dock and boat. It took a little doing to get out of that one. You also really don't need "your" boat or airplane being busted with a load of dope either.

Then there a buddy who sold a car that never got titled and it kept racking up speeding and parking tickets. He gets a call threatening to have the car towed to the impound lot and he said go ahead, make my day :lol: Then he started getting billed for storage :o

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

what surprise

Which is why one should get ones' bills of sales notarized, and keep a copy (or the original).

I've had a car that I sold almost ten years before wrecked on private property and abandoned. The state came to me and said "Hey, you gotta..." and although I am generally an anti-paperwork guy, fortunately this time I had it all in order.

- DSK

Imagine selling your POS old Giganta-MotorYacht that barely floats but has 2,000 gallons of fuel on board and they take off and immediately hit EndangeredSpeciesReef, dump the whole load of fuel, and vanish. Good luck explaining why you don't owe about a million dollars for reef repair.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm assuming your purple font key was broken.....

Ok maybe I’m not the voice of reason and logic all the time.

5 hours ago, chum said:
18 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

“My odds of defending my freedom from an oppressive, tyrannical government are near zero.

If I didn't know BJ in person (years ago, true, but still) I would think this was just trolling to see who would jump up and say Me! Me! Me! give 'em to ME!!

Unless there is somebody who is both a reasonable prospect as an armed citizen, -and- likely to appreciate the personal history of each weapon, destroying them seems like the best option to me.

- DSK

6 hours ago, mikewof said:

Thus my point. We like that fantasy of the bad guys outgunning the good guys, and the good guys win anyway.

We don't much like the reality of the "good guys" dominating the bad guys with flying killer robots and Hellfire missiles, huh? That doesn't move entertainment dollars.

I refer to this book a lot...Hollywood and TV writers...don't seem to. Sparks and racking slide noises are much more dramatic than non-sparking slugs and a pile of unused shells at your feet.

https://www.amazon.com/Writers-Guide-Weapons-Practical-Reference/dp/1599638150

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
8 hours ago, chum said:
21 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

If I didn't know BJ in person (years ago, true, but still) I would think this was just trolling to see who would jump up and say Me! Me! Me! give 'em to ME!!

Unless there is somebody who is both a reasonable prospect as an armed citizen, -and- likely to appreciate the personal history of each weapon, destroying them seems like the best option to me.

The idea of a . 22 cal anything as a WMD is kind of amusing. Especially a single shot, bolt-action . 22 rifle.

It's hell on the bunnies from a distance, I suppose. Not so much against an actual professional army.

Discussing the handgun tonight, we *think* it might have been fired once with a . 22 cal "BB Cap" to scare away raccoons. My grandmother used to sit with it in her lap when my grandfather was on the road (he did things like spend six weeks in Alaska working on the pipeline as a consultant for some of the valves they were using), but she never fired it that any of us knew about. Not much history there.

Frankly, I'd love to keep it as a target pistol but it's not really compatible with my lifestyle.

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I like dogballs for target shooting, but am a little off guns right now because a friend of mine shot herself in the head :(

Shit, sorry to read that. I hope the pain she left in the wake of that is accompanied by some good memories too.

8 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Important point,   My brother sold a beater that caught fire a few weeks later.  (Some idiot brother of his might have made do with used fuel hose.   It also leaked oil like a colander).    The purchaser never registered it.   The city wanted us to clean up the vehicle, but gave up easily.   The title was still been in the glove box.

A coworker had a similar experience in Florida with a powerboat, but the coast guard was more persistent, trying hard to get her to come and pick up the boat (Cocaine cowboy days, she assumed they would have fitted her with some shiny bracelets if she claimed the boat).   

You cannot require a license to gang bang, so registration won’t work.    Guns would clearly need seller responsibility to pass along a jpeg of the buyers ID and the serial number, with liability otherwise.    Similar rules would be needed for reporting stollen or lost guns.   I have problems with this, since I had a gun stolen but didn’t realize it in a timely manner. It was a inside job, the gun was stuffed in the rafters in a lock box.   Fake ID’s were / are common, and most non bartenders cannot be expected to spot one.   Therefore certain classes of weapons need to be made illegal.   This generally works for land mines and rocket launchers.

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not quite right.The receiver is the part with the serial number. It is considered a firearm even if it doesn't have the barrel ,bolt, trigger, grip ,stock, etc.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, F_L said:

Not quite right.The receiver is the part with the serial number. It is considered a firearm even if it doesn't have the barrel ,bolt, trigger, grip ,stock, etc.

Depends on the age of the gun. My Remington  Dogballs has the serial # on the barrel, and nowhere on the receiver.

My old Winchester Dogballs pump action is the same.

10 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I like dogballs for target shooting, but am a little off guns right now because a friend of mine shot herself in the head :(

By Accident or was it self-murder?

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
14 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

By Accident or was it self-murder?

There's really no need to be a prick.

13 hours ago, mikewof said:

Shit, sorry to read that. I hope the pain she left in the wake of that is accompanied by some good memories too.

Thanks. She was a great person that fell prey to depression. Sadly not a unique story these days.

16 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Friend from works boyfriends 30 yo daughter did the same, not long ago.  Devastating to lose a child. let alone, in that manner....  Depression is a terrible disease.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

There's really no need to be a prick.

I honestly wasnt trying to be in this case.  I guess I’m so used to jocal’s self-murder term, it just seemed more natural than “suicide”. 

14 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I honestly wasnt trying to be in this case.  I guess I’m so used to jocal’s self-murder term, it just seemed more natural than “suicide”. 

He said "she shot herself in the head".  How could you think that could be an accident?  Though doth protest too much....

18 hours ago, billy backstay said:
19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

He said "she shot herself in the head".  How could you think that could be an accident? 

Because you could easily accidentally shoot yourself in the head.  Most people would simply say "I had a friend that committed suicide".  I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt by not assuming his friend's death was suicide.