lydia

Aust Sailing Australian IRC Championships

yes, but what did they do to warrant the initial refusal to sail as crew on a boat at the club?

8 minutes ago, stufishing said:

yes, but what did they do to warrant the initial refusal to sail as crew on a boat at the club?

Ask the OA!

34 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Yes. 

Well Mrs Octopus appears to be representing them. The members would be relived that he is cheaper than a QC. 

He? How is Mrs octopus a he?

Oh no, do we have a closet cross dresser involved! 

(See why I've never tried to work out who these players are, mine is easy as I'm hung, but, he's playing as she's, now I'm confused)

So since the people who know are allegedly here, are you willing to clearly state whether or not the competitor had publicly insulted the club protest committee and club officials in the now-deleted catamaran collision thread?

43 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Well Mrs Octopus appears to be representing them. The members would be relived that he is cheaper than a QC. 

I note your concern for the membership even though you are not a member (from up thread^^).

Very touching.

But we digress.

The TRIBE has spoken and it appears as though Michelle Job ain't allowed to play .

My question for Michelle would be WHY GO WHERE YOU ARE NOT WANTED?

Or is the BUTTHURT clouding the thought process.

20 minutes ago, Curious said:

So since the people who know are allegedly here, are you willing to clearly state whether or not the competitor had publicly insulted the club protest committee and club officials in the now-deleted catamaran collision thread?

So was the competitor excluded for comments made on sailing anarchy? I must let scoter know. That will be a cracker for the case book! Didn’t see any mention of that in the findings. Again so what is your interest/bonner in all this? You seem very engaged...

28 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

I note your concern for the membership even though you are not a member (from up thread^^).

Very touching.

But we digress.

The TRIBE has spoken and it appears as though Michelle Job ain't allowed to play .

My question for Michelle would be WHY GO WHERE YOU ARE NOT WANTED?

Or is the BUTTHURT clouding the thought process.

Why are you yelling ‘Butthurt’ ?

The chemist warehouse in Wynnum is open until 6. They should be able to give you something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious said:

You have no evidence to support your claim that the thread was the cause for the exclusion. Furthermore that cannot be the reason because more than one person posted in that thread & online using their real names on FB, but no one else has been excluded. 

16 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Furthermore that cannot be the reason because more than one person posted in that thread & online using their real names on FB, but no one else has been excluded. 

Thanks SCANNAS your helping out heaps.

So the Butthurt one was posting on the clubs Facebook around the time of this event.

So was a Member.

Now is not a member. (from the front page)

Was the Butthurt one banned from the club? 

23 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Thanks SCANNAS your helping out heaps.

So the Butthurt one was posting on the clubs Facebook around the time of this event.

So was a Member.

Now is not a member. (from the front page)

You love to jump to conclusions for someone so far removed that you are just working this out with publicly available info, most of which is posted in this very thread. 

I never said anything about who posted what. I did say that members of the club posted criticism on the club’s page with their real names & didn’t get excluded, therefore that cannot be the reason for exclusion. 

6 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Simple question Scannas.

Don’t owe you anything + you keep reverting back to your own version of events which 313 shows you have NFI about. 

20 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Don’t owe you anything + you keep reverting back to your own version of events which 313 shows you have NFI about. 

Thanks SCANNAS.

Once again you have confirmed what I suspected.

1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

You have no evidence to support your claim that the thread was the cause for the exclusion. Furthermore that cannot be the reason because more than one person posted in that thread & online using their real names on FB, but no one else has been excluded. 

Maybe other people did not make the same sort of allegations.  Members also normally have more rights to use a club than non-members. It is reasonable for a club to say that a certain action is not serious enough to have a member excluded, but serious enough to have a non-member excluded. After all, if you want to be treated like a member you should become one.  So the decision to exclude someone in particular can be seen as reasonable because of their status. 

Once that person has defied the club’s direction not to sail, the issue becomes quite different.  How can a club deal with someone who will not follow rules and is not a member?  How can they fulfil their duty of care if they let someone who will not follow the rules into the regatta?  If he breached one direction from the club they will look like fools if they trust him again.  Try defending that if another incident arises and a volunteer is subject to more abuse. 

21 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Thanks SCANNAS.

Yeah? Post your answer then. 

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

After all, if you want to be treated like a member you should become one.  So the decision to exclude someone in particular can be seen as reasonable because of their status. 

Once that person has defied the club’s direction not to sail, the issue becomes quite different. 

So today a crewmember on a visiting boat is excluded because he complained the beer at the bar is hot. Tomorrow because a volunteer didn't like the way he pushed in front at the bar. The day after because he lives in Logan and caught the train to the establishment. See where we are heading?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Simple question Scannas.

Bahahahahaha. You really have no clue do you? You would appear to be the one suffering butthurt. It is not very, shall we say, ‘appealing’?  Bahahahahah.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, Curious said:

Maybe other people did not make the same sort of allegations.  Members also normally have more rights to use a club than non-members. It is reasonable for a club to say that a certain action is not serious enough to have a member excluded, but serious enough to have a non-member excluded. After all, if you want to be treated like a member you should become one.  So the decision to exclude someone in particular can be seen as reasonable because of their status. 

Once that person has defied the club’s direction not to sail, the issue becomes quite different.  How can a club deal with someone who will not follow rules and is not a member?  How can they fulfil their duty of care if they let someone who will not follow the rules into the regatta?  If he breached one direction from the club they will look like fools if they trust him again.  Try defending that if another incident arises and a volunteer is subject to more abuse. 

But hang on curious, if we are still talking about the same event, wasn't it an open invitation event, a state titles, open to anyone who's a full member of a state affiliated club? A Yachting Australia event just held at a host club? That's weird! 

See where this could go? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkey Slapper said:

But hang on curious, if we are still talking about the same event, wasn't it an open invitation event, a state titles, open to anyone who's a full member of a state affiliated club? A Yachting Australia event just held at a host club? That's weird! 

See where this could go? 

I can understand that if a person is banned from the licenced part of a club - easy can't be in the bar.

I can understand that if a person is banned from the club's premises - easy can't be on the grounds at all.

I can understand that if a person has a domestic violence order against them - easy can't go anywhere near the other person.

I can understand that a club has the right to reject any entry - it's in the RRS and they don't have to justify it - even if it does seem total crap

I can't understand how a club can tell an owner who can and can't sail on their boat unless that sailor has been banned by WS or AS; the club doesn't have that power no matter what they think.

• Like 3

Rarefied air, a club that can have both a lake, and a lawn - esp with the former being on the latter - hope they've installed a council complying fence around that lake to keep the kiddies safe.

Meanwhile, entries are closing for the latest keelboat racing regatta of north oz - the Beneteau Cup and French Yacht Challenge.  Presumably AS ratification not required for a 'challenge'.

I hear entries are limited to 8 boats per division, so don't fuck around or you'll miss out.

10 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

Rarefied air, a club that can have both a lake, and a lawn - esp with the former being on the latter - hope they've installed a council complying fence around that lake to keep the kiddies safe.

Meanwhile, entries are closing for the latest keelboat racing regatta of north oz - the Beneteau Cup and French Yacht Challenge.  Presumably AS ratification not required for a 'challenge'.

I hear entries are limited to 8 boats per division, so don't fuck around or you'll miss out.

Shaggy still has all the trophies from last year. We won everything but the meat tray.

Bob Oatley refused to give the admirals Cup back maybe Shaggy should do the same !!!

4 minutes ago, MakeOracleGreatAgain said:

In PHRF which is for beginners.

Shady’s Back! 

+ buying an IRC cert not exactly high priority for any 1250 owner! 

1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

+ buying an IRC cert not exactly high priority for any 1250 owner! 

yeah nah

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Shaggy still has all the trophies from last year. We won everything but the meat tray.

the only trophy worth winning....

3 hours ago, MakeOracleGreatAgain said:

In PHRF which is for beginners.

And Graham pulls another sock out of his drawer. I see he has shit fights going on all over the forum again. Looks like another meltdown on its way.

this is going to be great!

On 10/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, MRS OCTOPUS said:

How come you have been deleting posts cup cake? Been told you stepped over the line by your handlers have you?

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

How come you have been deleting posts cup cake? Been told you stepped over the line by your handlers have you?

Never one to let the facts get in the way of a good story is our Octopussy

That’s it! That was what this was all about- ending a decade of dominance in yachting greatest prize. 

They did the same to Phar lap...