Sign in to follow this  
Senator Seditious Maximus

Will It Fly?

From Scooter's mythical FP comes the article announcing the new PSL.  Taa daa!  Saving Sailing now depends upon a professionally managed circuit of RS 21s traveling the US hosting "regattas" as stadium-oriented spectator sport.  Snooze.  Doubt Joe and Jill Public will put down their bikes, racquets, clubs and kid's sports to spend Saturday watching weekend warriors and pros mixing it up at their local marina. Sorry, just don't seem like an event with appeal...unless you add beer, taco-trucks and gobs of Mount Gay Rum girls in skimpy skirts.  Nonetheless, kudos to them, RS Sailing, etc for trying.  Deposit you gems below

https://sailinganarchy.com/2019/09/04/will-it-fly/

JimBowie, Thanks for starting the post. First this is the Premier Sailing League and there is no affiliation to RS Sailing other than they have chosen the RS21 as the platform to use. Yes, RS is supporting this venture where it can as it is a good idea. As for how it will shape is with PSL and their owners. They have hired Tucker Thompson to work his magic too and I think that is a great asset.

There will be more news in the next couple weeks. Your suggestions of adding beer, taco-trucks and Mount Gay Rum girls is a great idea and something that should be considered.

Full press release is here - http://www.premieresailingleague.com/2019/09/04/the-pay-to-play-future-of-sailing/?fbclid=IwAR2T2Ez5bqlva-aqki6-LwmtjvjhQ5SOv9WORhGRUYB8vfzaudG7NhFeSIw

The more ideas thrown around the better chance for some of them to stick. Looking forward to hearing more.

I for one ICEman will join the circus if they make it fair and affordable. The days of Corinthians driving their rigs 1000s miles to waste a week losing to pros, semi-pros and pro-wannabees is rapidly waning.  This venue might be just what I need to keep me engaged until 70.

JimBowie - Great to hear. That is the plan. There still might be a pro event thrown in here or there but that will be announced. Like the Charleston Race Week Pro-Am. But the goal is interclub challenges and Corinthian sailing. Making sure everyone has fun and comes out learning something and wanting to come back for more.