Sign in to follow this  
Shootist Jeff

9/11 Remembered

I didn't want to garbage up a good thread in GA, so wanted to bring some of the political discussions on 9/11 over here.  

A comment someone made that one of the amazing things that came about after 9/11 was a sense of "oneness" as a nation and a  drive to help others.  The first responders in NY, DC and Shanksville all exemplified that of course.  But ordinary people there also stood up and helped each other out.  Political differences were cast aside.  It was as if we were ONE America again for a change.  

Boy that did not last long.....  

I'm taking bets on how long it will take you fuggers to point fingers at each other and blame the other side for this.  I'm thinking finger pointing by post #5 latest.  Trump will be invoked by at least post #8, even though he was a no-body back then.  Nazi's by post # 19 and someone will be called a cunt by #35.  Any takers?  

15 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I didn't want to garbage up a good thread in GA, so wanted to bring some of the political discussions on 9/11 over here.  

A comment someone made that one of the amazing things that came about after 9/11 was a sense of "oneness" as a nation and a  drive to help others.  The first responders in NY, DC and Shanksville all exemplified that of course.  But ordinary people there also stood up and helped each other out.  Political differences were cast aside.  It was as if we were ONE America again for a change.  

I'm taking bets on how long it will take you fuggers to point fingers at each other and blame the other side for this.  I'm thinking finger pointing by post #5 latest.  Trump will be invoked by at least post #8, even though he was a no-body back then.  Nazi's by post # 19 and someone will be called a cunt by #35.  Any takers?  

What a flaming asshole.  Politicizing 9/11 in one frigging post.  

Disgusting. Do us all a favor and hide or delete this thread

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Yeah Jeff - you're a cunt for presenting the topic the way you did, ya stupid Nazi fugger. 

I see what you did there. :lol:

But seriously, what happened to that spirit of one nation and lend a helping hand to your neighbor that lasted a few months at best after 9/11.  It's obvious it was just a transitory blip in the American experience.  But I'm interested in why that is not the norm, rather than the exception.

Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Politicizing 9/11

Gaytor, you act as if 9/11 has never been and is still not being politicized.  I was going to ask if you were new here, but no of course you're not.....

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

But seriously, what happened to that spirit of one nation and lend a helping hand to your neighbor that lasted a few months at best after 9/11.  It's obvious it was just a transitory blip in the American experience.  But I'm interested in why that is not the norm, rather than the exception.

Any thoughts?

In all sincerity - I think it IS the norm, but, that norm doesn't sell add space or get clicks.   Coverage of conflict is sexier and "more interesting" -  so that's what we see.  Media coverage doesn't really reflect everyday normalcy.   I was up in Baltimore this weekend - leaving the ball game and walking back to the hotel at 22:00 - there were lots of people of every size/shape/color/gender/style out on the streets.  I saw people nodding heads and saying "good evening" to complete strangers, I saw people holding doors for one another going in to shops, I saw one thug lookin' kid pick up some stuff that had fallen out of the back pack of a sleepy youngun getting a piggy back ride from his Dad, and run it up to the parents.  This was in a "scary city" in the span of about 30 minutes.   This isn't to say that there aren't some areas of that same city where you need to really watch your surrounding so you don't come off like a victim. But even there, I think that those folks do what they can to help the people they're comfortable being around.   Even here, as rotten as some come across, I think that in person that almost every one would stop and help someone w/a flat on the side of the road, help pick up a spilled bag, or hold a door for someone else.  Being nice doesn't need to be a big thing - simply acknowledging someone else's existence with a polite "hello" can make them feel like they count. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

In all sincerity - I think it IS the norm, but, that norm doesn't sell add space or get clicks.   Coverage of conflict is sexier and "more interesting" -  so that's what we see.  Media coverage doesn't really reflect everyday normalcy.   I was up in Baltimore this weekend - leaving the ball game and walking back to the hotel at 22:00 - there were lots of people of every size/shape/color/gender/style out on the streets.  I saw people nodding heads and saying "good evening" to complete strangers, I saw people holding doors for one another going in to shops, I saw one thug lookin' kid pick up some stuff that had fallen out of the back pack of a sleepy youngun getting a piggy back ride from his Dad, and run it up to the parents.  This was in a "scary city" in the span of about 30 minutes.   This isn't to say that there aren't some areas of that same city where you need to really watch your surrounding so you don't come off like a victim. But even there, I think that those folks do what they can to help the people they're comfortable being around.   Even here, as rotten as some come across, I think that in person that almost every one would stop and help someone w/a flat on the side of the road, help pick up a spilled bag, or hold a door for someone else.  Being nice doesn't need to be a big thing - simply acknowledging someone else's existence with a polite "hello" can make them feel like they count. 

Well put.

And I agree with you wrt to the media hype and hyperbole and exaggeration.  The problem is it eventually becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

I shoulda gotten into the flag pin business on 9/12. Seriously, that's about how deep it went for many. Thoughts and prayers....

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

What a flaming asshole.  Politicizing 9/11 in one frigging post.  

Disgusting. Do us all a favor and hide or delete this thread

Or do what I do

You've chosen to ignore content by Shootist Jeff. Options 

The spirit of oneness stuff went down with the financial collapse of the media in the early 2000's.

When was the last time you paid for news? Somebody still has to write it, and if you ain't paying, you're the product.

Almost everything you read is an advertisement, designed to get you to think (or feel) a certain way, because someone thinks they can benefit from it.

Many papers and journalists are financed by wealthy pricks in the middle East, who see it as part of their religious duty to sow discord amongst the kafir. The dopey prince was one of these. There's a lot more of them still out there.

America has never been safer. It has never been richer. It hasn't been this green in a very long time. It's a great place to live and you should be real suspicious of anybody who makes you feel otherwise.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

WTF?  You made this post to see if your guesses are right?  You really need a life.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Any thoughts?

Trolling? It lasted more than a few months, even Iran was on our side. It ended when the nation builders decided it was time to bring democracy to the ME. We didn't lend a hand to anybody and shit on some that offered. We are still paying for it and likely will for some time to come.

• Like 2

That was a day I’ll never forget. From my office on the corner of Seventh Ave and 36th Street we had a clear but a bit distant view of the Twin Towers. Watched them burn, watched them fall down. Horrible. 

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Any thoughts?

Here's a thought: Go pullstart a rusty chainsaw holding the blade between your legs.

You know what fucking happened? Asshole Republicans monetized patriotism and jingoism. Freedom Fries, Flag Pins, you can' t play the Dixie Chicks on the radio. You assholes defined "one" as being whatever you did for 3 years. And you know what? You still want to.

So fuck you, fuck your squandering the oneness on trillions pissed away on stupid wars predicated on lies, prosecuted with ignorance and incompetence, and cynically sold to the US public wrapped in a flag. Squandering a massive outpouring of international goodwill to engage in stupid international pissing matches so the base can jerk off. Wrapping a surveillance state in the flag. Pretending pissing billions away on connected DC dickheads makes us safe.

9/11 was a horrible fucking day, and politicians exploited it cynically to flush the US down the shitter and a majority of the dumbfucks in this country cheered the whole time. 

• Like 9

Any thoughts?

Pine not overmuch for those heady days. Have to include that broad spirit of togetherness in which we invaded the wrong effin' country.     

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Pine not overmuch for those heady days. Have to include that broad spirit of togetherness in which we invaded the wrong effin' country.     

I’ve understand that Jeffreaux was a big cheerleader for that misadventure. Had a hand in it as well.

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Any thoughts?

This country was never one country. Our economy is based on competition, not cooperation.

• Like 1

“United We Stand” had as much staying power as a teenage boy. The Best Americans do not want the masses United. 

anything been learnt ?

When I think of the tragedy of 9/11 I still am amazed that so few actually died in that horrible atrocity; somewhere around 3000 souls. And yes, the death of 3000 souls in one event is appallingly tragic but then I reflect on the fact that just about the same number of Americans are killed in gun related deaths EVERY MONTH and that has been going on for decades with little or no moral outrage. 

America quite rightly did something about the causes of 9/11. 

• Like 4

I enjoyed the daily terrorist threat alert, the creation of Homeland Security, and resistance on revealing waterboarding, or CIA black sites, Abu Ghraib, the beginning of suspecting any foreigner for being terrorists, the Patriot Act, expansion of NSA, the 9/11 Commission joke, Bush and Cheney refused to be sworn in, the list goes on ad infinitum.

10 minutes ago, Flatbag said:

When I think of the tragedy of 9/11 I still am amazed that so few actually died in that horrible atrocity; somewhere around 3000 souls. And yes, the death of 3000 souls in one event is appallingly tragic but then I reflect on the fact that just about the same number of Americans are killed in gun related deaths EVERY MONTH and that has been going on for decades with little or no moral outrage. 

What was that? Incite more animosity towards the USA?

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Some people did something"

"In a hypothetical poll, done by one of the worst pollsters of them all, the Amazon Washington Post/ABC, which predicted I would lose to Crooked Hillary by 15 points (how did that work out?), Sleepy Joe, Pocahontas and virtually all others would beat me in the General Election," tweeted Trump at 8:12 a.m. "This is a phony suppression poll, meant to build up their Democrat partners. I haven't even started campaigning yet, and am constantly fighting Fake News like Russia, Russia, Russia. Look at North Carolina last night. Dan Bishop, down big in the Polls, WINS. Easier than 2016!"

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I brought up Trump in post #28.  Not sure if I win something.  Otherwise, which is best at commemorating the day? Your thread or his tweet?

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Some people did something"

You'll still bullshit about Fiscal Responsibility though, despite 8 years of W. 15 years later and you refuse to see the fucking reality of it.

I was limited to radio (in a truck or on farms) until dinner,  I called the ex and told her to turn on the TV just before the second tower was hit.      I stayed up until 0100 watching video.   Hearing a jet as I finally went to bed was comforting, as I knew it was the Air Force.    How jaded I’ve become.  The guys and gals that enlisted after the attack will retire without resolution.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I’ve understand that Jeffreaux was a big cheerleader for that misadventure. Had a hand in it as well.

Even better, He believes that the WMD were there, but were freighted out to Syria. "Missed them by 'that' much".

That cool aide is strong stuff.

34 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You'll still bullshit about Fiscal Responsibility though, despite 8 years of W. 15 years later and you refuse to see the fucking reality of it.

@Dog does not necessarily support Trump.

9/11 has been flogged to pulp and it seems Americans want to move on and out of all the mess it got them into. Very few are still fighting for the diminishing numbers of those first responder dying early because they helped and most Americans don't give a fuck, your representatives know that and act accordingly and so the Taliban were invited to Camp David for peace talks then disinvited as they just couldn't stop killing Americans even in a ceasefire. 

Probably will be visiting, even overnighting in the WH soon. "Political differences" with them will be cast aside in a bid for some positive press before elections.

9 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

9/11 has been flogged to pulp and it seems Americans want to move on and out of all the mess it got them into. Very few are still fighting for the diminishing numbers of those first responder dying early because they helped and most Americans don't give a fuck, your representatives know that and act accordingly and so the Taliban were invited to Camp David for peace talks then disinvited as they just couldn't stop killing Americans even in a ceasefire. 

Probably will be visiting, even overnighting in the WH soon. "Political differences" with them will be cast aside in a bid for some positive press before elections.

Ya know if they had managed an iota of restraint they might have copped an invite from Trump to the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial.  Trumptards would eat it up.

4 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Here's a thought: Go pullstart a rusty chainsaw holding the blade between your legs. 

You know what fucking happened? Asshole Republicans monetized patriotism and jingoism. Freedom Fries, Flag Pins, you can' t play the Dixie Chicks on the radio. You assholes defined "one" as being whatever you did for 3 years. And you know what? You still want to.

So fuck you, fuck your squandering the oneness on trillions pissed away on stupid wars predicated on lies, prosecuted with ignorance and incompetence, and cynically sold to the US public wrapped in a flag. Squandering a massive outpouring of international goodwill to engage in stupid international pissing matches so the base can jerk off. Wrapping a surveillance state in the flag. Pretending pissing billions away on connected DC dickheads makes us safe.

9/11 was a horrible fucking day, and politicians exploited it cynically to flush the US down the shitter and a majority of the dumbfucks in this country cheered the whole time. 

This needs to be said again and again.  Our worthless politicians play this bullshit word game and we keep falling for it.  If any politician preaches division, they need to be thrown into the gutter.  Anyone who buys into party politics needs to take a good look in the mirror and ask, "Who REALLY cares about the future of our country?" 

If you find yourself blaming your fellow American, the answer is, "Not me."

• Like 1

I find it odd that Jeff thinks it's something special for people to come together when a national disaster strikes.

Odd but telling.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

And here's a fitting addition to this thread: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234984187.html

North Carolina Republicans call snap vote to overrule veto on budget while many Dems were attending 9/11 memorial and not present in chamber, after telling Dems there wouldn't be a vote.

Surely the courts can nulify that?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

I find it odd that Jeff thinks it's something special for people to come together when a national disaster strikes.

Odd but telling.

How little you know about American History.  Rosie the Riveter and Betty the Bucker were well known enemies having differing political opinions.  How they ever built a single airplane is a complete mystery to me. 

I spent the day with my nephew's 1yo daughter and her mind is more developed  than Jeff's.  There are numerous examples each day where we are a ONE America, his mind is just too simplistic to see it.  I gave someone a jump today (battery only, unfortunately), I didn't ask their political affiliation before hooking up the positive lead.  I see acts of kindness each day with no regard to political orientation.  

It's called compartmentalization, and the fact Jeff doesn't understand it tells me a lot about why he is in the private sector.  We only become divisive when we put on our political (some would say asshole) hats.  There are numerous examples of this on the SA boards.  Folks I disagree with vehemently on PA will be on the SA forum with a question or comment and my thoughts from PA do not carry over.  

Jeff, please quit trolling or at least, up your game.   

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Any thoughts?

Burn this bitch down just might affect a neighbor or two.

6 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I wonder if Jeff lives in a gated community?

5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

And he called his comment serious?  I'm glad he has his finger on the pulse of America having spent how much time here contiguously in the last 10yrs?

7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

See that didn't take long.  And right on cue (or is it queue) we can always count on Missmoyled R'izlet to come through.  WFD.

5 hours ago, Flatbag said:

Yeah, we rightly banned airplanes! 

Oh wait.....

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Anyone who buys into party politics needs to take a good look in the mirror and ask, "Who REALLY cares about the future of our country?" 

If you find yourself blaming your fellow American, the answer is, "Not me."

Some of the responders on this thread are a perfect example of that.  Blaming fellow americans is the new black.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Odd but telling.

I don't find it odd in the slightest.  I would hope and expect that to happen.  What I find odd is that it takes a national disaster to bring people together.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Four posts in a row without 'just saying.'  You in a program?

No, I like to keep my powder dry.

11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't find it odd in the slightest.  I would hope and expect that to happen.  What I find odd is that it takes a national disaster to bring people together.

What happened in Las Vegas on 1st October '17 would be considered a national disaster in any other country in fact any of US of Americas mass shootings would be a national disaster, did they bring Americans together or divide them further? 

2 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

What happened in Las Vegas on 1st October '17 would be considered a national disaster in any other country in fact any of US of Americas mass shootings would be a national disaster, did they bring Americans together or divide them further? 

It probably would have if the politicians hadn't used the event for personal and political gain before the bodies were even cold.

It certainly brought the city of Las Vegas together.  

9376924_web1_vegasstrong_poster.jpg

13 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No, I like to keep my powder dry.

Rotate stock and don't lose sight of the expiration date on the canned peaches.  

• Like 1

EXTREME PREJUDICE: The Terrifying Story of the Patriot Act and the Cover Ups of 9/11 and Iraq

51xaJj7vugL.jpg

What if the government decided to invent a great lie to justify a disastrous war and a questionable anti-terrorism policy? What would happen to the people who know the truth? EXTREME PREJUDICE delivers an explosive, high tension expose of the real facts surrounding the CIA's advance warnings of 9/11 and an insider's look at Pre-War Intelligence, told by one of the very few U.S. Assets covering Iraq before the War. For the first time, Lindauer discloses the existence of a comprehensive peace framework, which would have accomplished all major U.S. and British objectives in Baghdad without a single casualty.

EXTREME PREJUDICE reveals one Asset’s desperate struggle to survive the cover ups of 9/11 and Iraq. A true life spy thriller that goes inside the Iraqi Embassy and prison on a Texas military base, EXTREME PREJUDICE exposes the depths of deception by leaders in Washington and London, in order to promote a questionable image of their successful anti-terrorism policy, and the shocking brutality used to suppress the truth of their failures from the American people and the world community. Above all, EXTREME PREJUDICE offers a critical examination of the Patriot Act from the defendant’s chair. It is a terrifying story of secret charges, secret evidence, and threats of indefinite detention and forcible drugging--in the name of national security-- that readers won't forget.

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

wist_title_lg.gif

8 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Well, it seems quoting Omar triggers you.

38 minutes ago, random said:

Above all, EXTREME PREJUDICE offers a critical examination of the Patriot Act from the defendant’s chair.

That's a useful service but do they go into detail on the nanothermite thing?

7 hours ago, VhmSays said:

so the Taliban were invited to Camp David for peace talks then disinvited as they just couldn't stop killing Americans even in a ceasefire. 

So do you realise who's country they were killing Americans in?

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
12 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

See that didn't take long.  And right on cue (or is it queue) we can always count on Missmoyled R'izlet to come through.  WFD.

Truth hurts. But you asked the question, and got an answer. It was on point and directly addresses many of the wrong lessons we have learned from that day of tragedy. 

But it is EXACTLY why we lost the spirit of "oneness" after 9/11, at least for me and most every Democrat I know. It's only if you discount our opinions as Americans, just as the GOP would gerrymander our votes and cast our voters off the rolls, that you should so rapidly reply by making fun of Mismoyled. Your feelings of being so "right" that you can ignore our objections has led us down this path of war, debt, torture, surveillance, partisanship and Trump.

Consider the "oneness" of America as one of the bitches you've burned.

• Like 1

We have a president now, the clear leader of his party, who governs by targeting whole segments of society for antipathy. He governs by showing his base he is angering the Democrats. He is governing without a popular mandate for the minority of the country's citizens.

How is this in support of American unity?

Jeff, if you want to see how to Make America Great Again, getting rid of Trump and returning the GOP to having goals of representing ALL of America would be the most important step. Healing divisions of race, solving our immigration crisis instead of using it as a political football is how we achieve your goals.

Basically, throwing out the Republican playbook which relies on partisanship, gerrymandering, rejecting compromise and gleeful "owning the libs" will help us get back on a path of American ideals. 

Sticking with it leads to fascism, according to Madeline Albright.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You were doing fine until you fulfilled your own prophecy at the end, there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

We have a president now, the clear leader of his party, who governs by targeting whole segments of society for antipathy. He governs by showing his base he is angering the Democrats. He is governing without a popular mandate for the minority of the country's citizens.

How is this in support of American unity?

Jeff, if you want to see how to Make America Great Again, getting rid of Trump and returning the GOP to having goals of representing ALL of America would be the most important step. Healing divisions of race, solving our immigration crisis instead of using it as a political football is how we achieve your goals.

Basically, throwing out the Republican playbook which relies on partisanship, gerrymandering, rejecting compromise and gleeful "owning the libs" will help us get back on a path of American ideals. 

Fucking deplorables.

15 minutes ago, Dog said:

Fucking deplorables.

Correct.

Fucking over the deplorables is a given. Actually it's in both parties playbook so they might as well all go for the GOP, right? If rape is inevitable, enjoy it, right?

- DSK

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

It's a good thing I'm not sticking with it, but rather calling for it to burn down.  Bitch.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

You were doing fine until you fulfilled your own prophecy at the end, there.

I know..... I couldn't help myself.:P

19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Trump will be invoked by at least post #8, even though he was a no-body back then.  

Actually, Trump invoked himself in “post 1” - right in his speech yesterday.  Disgraceful fucker.

‘ "I was looking out of a window from a building at Midtown Manhattan directly at the World Trade Center when I saw a second plane at a tremendous speed go into the second tower. It was then that I realized the world was going to change. I was no longer going to be, and it could never, ever be that innocent place that I thought it was," Trump said.

"Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could," he continued.’

Which claim has not been verified, and has in fact been doubted by someone there in a position of authority for months afterwards.  

By why let facts get in the way of a good (indeed, “tremendous”) opportunity for self-promotion?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/11/fact-check-did-trump-help-ground-zero-after-9-11-attacks/2289053001/

I remember, on another forum, members all vying for who has the most posts.  It led to burning up a lot of electrons and accomplishing basically nothing.

Interesting but obviously was NOT newsworthy... :ph34r:

NY Area Fire Commissioners Call for New 9/11 Investigation

Franklin Square and Munson Fire District becomes the first New York District to call for a New 9/11 Investigation and unanimously pass a resolution claiming "overwhelming evidence' of 'pre-planted explosives and/or incendiaries'...'caused the destruction of the Three World Trade Center buildings.'

• Like 1

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911Truth) is a nonprofit organization of architects, engineers, and affiliates dedicated to establishing the truth about the events of September 11, 2001.

We pursue our mission by conducting research and educating the public about the scientific evidence related to the destruction of the threeWorld Trade Center towers and by working with victims’ families and other activists to advocate for a new investigation.

At the heart of our work is our deeply-held conviction that establishing the truth is essential to achieving justice for the murder of nearly 3,000 people that day. Furthermore, we believe that an honest public accounting of 9/11 is the onlyway to bring about genuine and lasting change to the system that enabled this atrocity to take place and to the sweeping policies enacted in its aftermath.

https://www.ae911truth.org/

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Well, it seems quoting Omar triggers you.

At least you are now honest that your goal is to "trigger the libs" and to troll Dog. It's probably the first honest post I've ever read from you.

2 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Actually, Trump invoked himself in “post 1” - right in his speech yesterday.  Disgraceful fucker.

‘ "I was looking out of a window from a building at Midtown Manhattan directly at the World Trade Center when I saw a second plane at a tremendous speed go into the second tower. It was then that I realized the world was going to change. I was no longer going to be, and it could never, ever be that innocent place that I thought it was," Trump said.

"Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could," he continued.’

Which claim has not been verified, and has in fact been doubted by someone there in a position of authority for months afterwards.  

By why let facts get in the way of a good (indeed, “tremendous”) opportunity for self-promotion?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/11/fact-check-did-trump-help-ground-zero-after-9-11-attacks/2289053001/

Well, that sounds a lot better than the truth- that he committed fraud to get money for one of his buildings that he claimed was damaged, but was not, in the attack

- DSK

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, that sounds a lot better than the truth- that he committed fraud to get money for one of his buildings that he claimed was damaged, but was not, in the attack

- DSK

Well, it coulda hit one of his f’ing buildings, like Dorian coulda destroyed Alabama...

• Like 2

9/12/01 was the last day Americans had any semblance of unity.  That unity was squandered by warmongers like Dick Cheney.  I know Jeff doesn't want to play the blame game but going to war with Afghanistan and Iraq lies squarely in the hands of Republicans.  More than 1 million people have been killed as a result.  Fear of Islam is a Conservative thing, not liberal.  9/11 solidified the fear of brown skinned people for Americans who were already thinking non-whites are the enemy.  "If you're not with us, you're against us" ring a bell?  I'm not sure if there was a more divisive statement ever said by a POTUS.  

Then a black dude got elected.  This triggered the mostly hidden racist roots still taking hold in our country.  No self respecting Righty could ever imagine such a thing could happen.  Even the killing of Osama bin Laden didn't happen without criticism from the Right.  Obama brought the US out of the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression yet Righties were lead to believe America wasn't great. 

The current POTUS has brought us to new lows.  His incompetence makes W look like a fucking genius.  We've moved so far from being able to debate policy.  You can't debate policy with such an ignorant person thinking he can run a country.  It's not politics that get his base fired up, it's hateful rhetoric and outright lies.  It's fear.  It's ignorance.  And having a bunch of brown people fly planes into buildings only solidified those deeply held fears.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

At least you are now honest that your goal is to "trigger the libs" and to troll Dog. It's probably the first honest post I've ever read from you.

No...I didn't cop to that.

11 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

"If you're not with us, you're against us" ring a bell?  I'm not sure if there was a more divisive statement ever said by a POTUS.  

Yeah, because the same POTUS who said these words was trying to be divisive:

“Thank you all very much for your hospitality.  We've just had a -- wide-ranging discussions on the matter at hand.  Like the good folks standing with me, the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday's attacks.  And so were Muslims all across the world.  Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith.  And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself:  In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil.  For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam.  That's not what Islam is all about.  Islam is peace.  These terrorists don't represent peace.  They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world.  Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace.  And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country.  Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads.  And they need to be treated with respect.  In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes.  Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America.  That's not the America I know.  That's not the America I value.

I've been told that some fear to leave; some don't want to go shopping for their families; some don't want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they're afraid they'll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America.

Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don't represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.

This is a great country.  It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth.  And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do.  They're outraged, they're sad.  They love America just as much as I do.

I want to thank you all for giving me a chance to come by.  And may God bless us all.” -- President GW Bush

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-george-w-bush-on-islam-20170131-htmlstory.html

44 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Thank you for well illustrating how W went from tolerance and unity (speech was 9/17/2001) and turned increasingly to hate to divide us . Because after all "elections have consequences".

3 hours ago, Rat's ass said:

Interesting but obviously was NOT newsworthy... :ph34r:

NY Area Fire Commissioners Call for New 9/11 Investigation

Franklin Square and Munson Fire District becomes the first New York District to call for a New 9/11 Investigation and unanimously pass a resolution claiming "overwhelming evidence' of 'pre-planted explosives and/or incendiaries'...'caused the destruction of the Three World Trade Center buildings.'

Holy fuck!

Finally they have done something.  Everyone, particularly the fireman, could see the explosives going off.

But I'm not holding my breath on action.  Plenty of others calling for the same thing and they have been ignored.

And just a reminder, for your viewing pleasure.  The one that was not hit by an aircraft ...

The damage was done with the original quote.  Why do you think W needed to make the Islam speech?