Editor

what is it?

Recommended Posts

Small.  Non-descript. Wannabe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the boats in the back say "Melges" on them so I'm guess a 37 or 40.

haven't heard much about the 40 so maybe thats it, but does not look like a canter....so ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

mabey sepia......            :)

Bleu!

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, See Level said:

^^^That would make that guy with the buffer about 10'6":o

Yeah, I realized that but it appears to be a composite photo / artists rendering: see how the one guy on the port side is completely in the shade but the other guy with the buffer has light all over his back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Parma said:

I think the boats in the back say "Melges" on them so I'm guess a 37 or 40.

haven't heard much about the 40 so maybe thats it, but does not look like a canter....so ......

That’s not the Melges factory in Zenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Looks like a Lutra 30 to me, except I think those have saildrives and this one doesn't.

or at least it doesn't *yet*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Looks like a Lutra 30 to me, except I think those have saildrives and this one doesn't.

Yep, they have rudders too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the reflection I think I see baby Jesus

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Boat.

Driving over the Newport Bridge a few weeks ago with the wife and kids, my wife asks me what kid of boat that was out sailing and out from the back seat my 4 year old in a snippy tone goes "A sailboat mommy".

so it's a sailboat in the picture. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever it is they won't build enough for OD, and it will have such a poor rating only a super pro can sail it to its number.

not to be negative, just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, this has to be the longest it has taken to figure out what it is since the beginning.  You guys are loosing it... Teaky just took something back for his desk...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Veeger said:

I'm going with it being a  Viko 33 DS.....https://vikoyachts.com/index1/yachts

Hmm. I doubt it. Bulb is very un-Viko. Plus, the 33 DS seems to sport chines.

Maybe an Italia 9.98? Bow could also match a J/99, but a J and a bulb is unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Matagi said:

Hmm. I doubt it. Bulb is very un-Viko. Plus, the 33 DS seems to sport chines.

Maybe an Italia 9.98? Bow could also match a J/99, but a J and a bulb is unlikely. 

I haven't seen anything to be able to tell about chines on the Viko.  However, the shed/shop background seems 'somewhat' consistent with other Viko backgrounds.  Mostly, I'm guessing because Shaggy made a good point a couple posts above....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Veeger said:

I haven't seen anything to be able to tell about chines on the Viko.  However, the shed/shop background seems 'somewhat' consistent with other Viko backgrounds.  Mostly, I'm guessing because Shaggy made a good point a couple posts above....

I think in the end only two things are for sure:

1. It's most likely none of our guesses

2. We'll never know, since it has become a good and proven tradition of the Ed to never reveal the answer to his 'what is it' questions :) .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah true mate , Throws it out there and doesn’t give us the answer . 

But I’ll tell you what ! .  If DC called him up and said WTF is that boat with the bitchin paint job being cut by an Italian dude in a cheese cutter and an apron it would be on the front page 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 11:03 PM, Matagi said:

I think in the end only two things are for sure:

1. It's most likely none of our guesses

2. We'll never know, since it has become a good and proven tradition of the Ed to never reveal the answer to his 'what is it' questions :) .

i rarely ever have to reveal as most times the answer comes within minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. Is time to reveal the boat identity.

This is a HPE25, disigned by Javier Soto Acebal, infused in sandwish construction with PVC foam. It's a very popular class race boat with aprox 80 boats built in Brasil. Photo provided by Barracuda Advanced Composites.

hpe25-Náutica.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy an ad!

You got your free press

( In purple font )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for clearing that up . It’s easy to forget that sailing is a worldwide phenomena if you only speak English . There’s a fair few Soto’s in Oz and NZ but big boats and I always asssumed Soto was just a cool name . Never occurred to me they were a product of Brazil , looks like things are humming over there .  That HPE25 would go really well with a NZ turbo package 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now