Sign in to follow this  
dylan winter

Stonewall Lewandowski

The new strategy for testifying under oath is basically bad mouth those asking questions and make jokes.  Fuck Trump and fuck his clowns.  

• Like 3

He used the occasion to announce a run for Senate in NH.  He’s got zero chance of winning but grifters going to grift.

I am disappointed in the Judiciary Committee for allowing Lewandowski to make them look ridiculous. Lewandowski had no claim to Executive Privilege, he no longer works in the White House, yet not a single member challenged him. I don't think anyone even threatened him with contempt, Eric Swalwell looked lost when he questioned him.  It was a pretty sad day for Democrats in my view.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I am disappointed in the Judiciary Committee for allowing Lewandowski to make them look ridiculous. Lewandowski had no claim to Executive Privilege, he no longer works in the White House, yet not a single member challenged him. I don't think anyone even threatened him with contempt, Eric Swalwell looked lost when he questioned him.  It was a pretty sad day for Democrats in my view.

He NEVER worked in the white house, or for the president. He was a Trump campaign manager "For a short period".....

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Sheila Jackson Lee challenged him on that as well as another.  One person said he was in contempt but Nadler blew it off.  He’s an adversarial witness and being in contempt of Congress seems to have no consequences these days.  Shouldn’t have bothered with him.

• Like 2

Just now, Fakenews said:

Sheila Jackson Lee challenged him on that as well as another.  One person said he was in contempt but Nadler blew it off.  He’s an adversarial witness and being in contempt of Congress seems to have no consequences these days.  Shouldn’t have bothered with him.

Is there no way for Congress to force the issue? They must have some means of discipline, otherwise every some other President would have ruled like King Trump.

Just now, Ishmael said:

Is there no way for Congress to force the issue? They must have some means of discipline, otherwise every some other President would have ruled like King Trump.

Most other presidents either obeyed the rule of law, or listened to advisors who told them to shut the fuck up..... Trump does neither.

And the other part is that Bitch McConnell is helping him, by blocking every congressional bill that comes to the senate.

If McConnell were censured, or impeached, there might be a chance. I'm guessing that McConnell has more to hide than just his head in his shell.

16 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

They can hold him in contempt but the Justice Department is not going to prosecute a countryman accused by the Enemy. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They can hold him in contempt but the Justice Department is not going to prosecute a countryman accused by the Enemy. 

If Trump can go rogue with presidential power, why can't the Congress? We seem to be forging new powers and no one is questioning or trying to limit them.

11 hours ago, badlatitude said:
11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If Trump can go rogue with presidential power, why can't the Congress? We seem to be forging new powers and no one is questioning or trying to limit them.

How many armored divisions does Congress command?

- DSK

14 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

The new strategy for testifying under oath is basically bad mouth those asking questions and make jokes.  Fuck Trump and fuck his clowns.  

I'd rather charge and prosecute Trump and his clowns when they break the law. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How many armored divisions does Congress command?

- DSK

Even if they did command any, Congress is split between the Americans and the democRATS. 

12 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

The whole thing is a farce, It's food for the flock nothing more. 

The Senate holds impeachment hearings not congress. 

You are absolutely right.  Trump and his clowns have turned the rule of law, uncovering corruption and enforcing the COTUS into a farce.

27 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

You are absolutely right.  Trump and his clowns have turned the rule of law, uncovering corruption and enforcing the COTUS into a farce.

yes, yes, it's all Trumps fault. I get it. Go take your meds now.

58 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

The reason any investigation is mere theater.   If the House voted to have a hearing we can imagine the Senate:

“Mr President, isn’t it true you singlehandedly saved democracy from Iranian Holy War last Saturday before golf but only after you reprogrammed all the computer models to solve the climate change crises and between lessons educating the heads of the Federal Reserve so they might preserve us from the Great Obama Recession of 2020?”

“Mr. President, People who you barely knew that briefly worked for you never really did anything bad, right?   It was just fake news now, wasn’t it?

Mr. President, a follow up question:    “We discovered that enemies of the state, working for the fake news services, have slandered your good name and reputation with fake news of bad actions by our ally President Putin that they claim interfered with the great Republican Elections of the last few years.     If we declare war on fake news, how quickly will you solve this challenge to conservative values?”

Mr. President,  isn’t it true that by nature of your divine right as a Conservative Christian President you are unable to obstruct justice?   In matter of fact, isn’t it true you are God’s instrument of holy justice on earth until your little brother Jesus finally comes back and let’s you take a vacation?

Mr. President, thank you for your time,    This month will not be counted as part of your allowances under the constitution.  May we hope to be invited to Mar a-Lago tonight?   

17 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Trump exerts executive privilege for an employee, Lewandowski, that never worked in the executive branch.

Said employee likely has a contract with an non-disparagement clause.

Of course this has nothing to do with Trump according to the faithful because to them Trump can do no wrong that requires action.

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Sorry to pick nits....well, not really sorry, but....anyway, it is important to be accurate.  Especially if you want to hold forth as being informed.

The Senate is one chamber of Congress.  The other being the House of Representatives.  I should hope you know that.

Impeachment occurs in the House of Representatives.  That would constitute the Impeachment hearings.  This is explicitly stated in Article One, Section 2, Clause 5 -

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

The trial regarding any articles of Impeachment is held in the Senate.

That is spelled out in Article One, Section 3, Clause 6.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry to pick nits....well, not really sorry, but....anyway, it is important to be accurate.  Especially if you want to hold forth as being informed.

The Senate is one chamber of Congress.  The other being the House of Representatives.  I should hope you know that.

Impeachment occurs in the House of Representatives.  That would constitute the Impeachment hearings.  This is explicitly stated in Article One, Section 2, Clause 5 -

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

So the house asks the questions and the senate sits on their hands like a jury? Or the senate acts like a judge and determines what is admissible?  

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Well, he is the current POTUS.  He is the one directing his clowns not to speak and to defy subpoenas.  Not quite sure how the blame could be placed anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Exactly what I meant to so but so much more eloquent. I feel educated. Thank you...

I liked his part about gaslighting.  I hope he wins in NH.  The new state motto could be "Live Fact Free or Die".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

yes, yes, it's all Trumps fault.

I agree.  It's wrong to blame only Trump.  It takes a lot of compliant people in high places to thumb their nose at the rule of law and get away with it.  In this case it took practically the entire Republican party and the appointees, jailed or not, to so successfully avoid prosecution.  Not that it hasn't been done before.  Seig Heil!

• Like 3

Ha!

“I practiced at home yesterday with my two-year old.”

— Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), telling KCBS Radio how he prepared for Corey Lewandowski’s combative testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Ha!

— Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), telling KCBS Radio how he prepared for Corey Lewandowski’s combative testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

He would have been better off to club a few baby seals just to get it out of his system in advance.

Corey said his children, who apparently are young enough to believe in the tooth fairy, were watching the hearing. I think he was lying.

What kind of parent would let their young children watch such a thing?

And what kind of parent would be proud of the example he or she set?

As a former police officer and aspiring politician, he admits that he has no obligation to tell the truth if he's not under oath. Typical behavior of shitty cops and almost every politician.

I thought it hilarious to watch him twist their public theater into confusion and idiocy.    Most of you are from the same group that bitched about any and every hearing held during the Obama administration.   BENGHAZI!!  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I thought it hilarious to watch him twist their public theater into confusion and idiocy.    Most of you are from the same group that bitched about any and every hearing held during the Obama administration.   BENGHAZI!!  

Actually, pretty good comparison. 

Lewandowski did his best to insult and never answer questions. Hillary kept answering questions for 7 hours. Factual, informative and on point.

You are applauding liars and the tyranny of arrogant silence. If you want a government than is unresponsive to the people, keep it up.

It's supposed to be government by the people and for the people. Now its by and for the president, the party, the oligarchs.

20 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Actually, pretty good comparison. 

Lewandowski did his best to insult and never answer questions. Hillary kept answering questions for 7 hours. Factual, informative and on point.

You are applauding liars and the tyranny of arrogant silence. If you want a government than is unresponsive to the people, keep it up.

It's supposed to be government by the people and for the people. Now its by and for the president, the party, the oligarchs.

Agreed it’s so much different under this administration besides

“What does it matter? “ 

or he could have just taken the 5th   That was the standard for Obama era witnesses.  

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

It was bad then, but it's good now.

Or the reverse.   It’s political theater 

Hank Johnson talked about cleaning a fish with a spoon.  Would that be before or after Guam tipped over?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

teehee subverting democracy is so funny and entertaining for russian shitposters like The Joke.

I like the principled stance he takes in finding fault with Hillary, but not with Lewandowski.

The whataboutism defense is strong in him.

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I like the principled stance he takes in finding fault with Hillary, but not with Lewandowski.

The whataboutism defense is strong in him.

Where did I find fault with Hillary? .  It was Philly that brought her up.  I have and continue to laugh at the double standard being played out.  

When the GOP ran endless hearings about Benghazi all we heard from the left was  -

Why are they wasting time on this hearings?  

What a waste of money.  

Why don’t they focus on the real issues?

So now the Dems are running endless hearings because they didn’t like the results of the Mueller report.  

Political theater and yes Lewandowski was acting like a jerk, but it’s not any different than those witnesses called before the republican committees. 

The frustration felt by Dems on the committee was the same frustration the republicans felt during their hearings.

The efforts to slow down and use parliamentary tactics were the same.  Only the roles were reversed  

No one is going to freely answer the other team’s questions.  

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Where did I find fault with Hillary? .  It was Philly that brought her up.  I have and continue to laugh at the double standard being played out.  

When the GOP ran endless hearings about Benghazi all we heard from the left was  -

Why are they wasting time on this hearings?  

What a waste of money.  

Why don’t they focus on the real issues?

So now the Dems are running endless hearings because they didn’t like the results of the Mueller report.  

Political theater and yes Lewandowski was acting like a jerk, but it’s not any different than those witnesses called before the republican committees. 

The frustration felt by Dems on the committee was the same frustration the republicans felt during their hearings.

The efforts to slow down and use parliamentary tactics were the same.  Only the roles were reversed  

No one is going to freely answer the other team’s questions.  

Where have done anything regarding Hillary but find fault?  

Regarding the portion of your statement I bolded, with your next 3 lines you do a damed good job of explaining why people objected to the "endless hearings".

There is a stench of corruption in this Administration.  Even folks on the right who post here are admitting as much.

I think it important to root out the corruption.  It would appear you would rather not.

56 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Where have done anything regarding Hillary but find fault?  

Regarding the portion of your statement I bolded, with your next 3 lines you do a damed good job of explaining why people objected to the "endless hearings".

There is a stench of corruption in this Administration.  Even folks on the right who post here are admitting as much.

I think it important to root out the corruption.  It would appear you would rather not.

Bullshit you are engaging in a Philly level of mind reading.  

Those same objections apply to having the rehashing of the whole Russian collusion claim.  Unlike Benghazi there was a special council created

He was given the full power of a prosecutor to investigate.  We were told for years that the Trump administration worked with the Russians.  

The report comes out, it isn’t the end of Trump, as the left expected.

So now they are holding hearings to get to the bottom of an issue that was fully investigated for over two years.  

That is exactly how Benghazi went down.  Hold a hearing don’t like the result hold more hearings. 

I can recognize that in both cases it was political theater.  

You talk about corruption in this administration.  Well the right saw the false claim that protests got out of hand leading to the deaths of 4 Americans just as corrupt and was an attempt to cover up fuck ups by the administration  

But but Trump is worse.  And you call me the partisan. 

19 minutes ago, The Joker said:

But but Trump is worse. 

Yes.  He is.  And, many of those who elected him have come to that realization.

You?  Not so much.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yes.  He is.  And, many of those who elected him have come to that realization.

You?  Not so much.

This is about congressional hearings

Both sides use the power of committees to push their agenda.  

36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Bullshit you are engaging in a Philly level of mind reading.  

Those same objections apply to having the rehashing of the whole Russian collusion claim.  Unlike Benghazi there was a special council created

He was given the full power of a prosecutor to investigate.  We were told for years that the Trump administration worked with the Russians.  

Paging the Joke!  Your presence is requested in the Whistleblower thread.

15 hours ago, Sean said:

Ha!

which is why he dropped out of the Presidential race............

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

This is about congressional hearings

Both sides use the power of committees to push their agenda.  

Right... the Republican agenda is more power for themselves regardless of law, and regardless of fact

The Democrat agenda is to find out the truth of the current President's actions and hold him accountable, per the Constitution

And we see which way you fall on the question.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

We were told for years that the Trump administration worked with the Russians.

No, we were investigating if that were true.  That's why it's called and "investigation".  And a Republican run government felt like it was important enough to do.  Your part was LITERALY in charge of the entire thing.  And don't forget, the asset forfeitures of the SEVERAL criminals apprehended more than paid for it.  And here we are, with Mueller and EVERY fucking spy agency in America telling the POTUS and Congress that Russia did in fact mettle in the election.  And your party?  Crickets.  

11 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

No, we were investigating if that were true.  That's why it's called and "investigation".  And a Republican run government felt like it was important enough to do.  Your part was LITERALY in charge of the entire thing.  And don't forget, the asset forfeitures of the SEVERAL criminals apprehended more than paid for it.  And here we are, with Mueller and EVERY fucking spy agency in America telling the POTUS and Congress that Russia did in fact mettle in the election.  And your party?  Crickets.  

Your quarrel is with the Joke

• Like 1

WTF was he supposed to do?  

19 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

And here we are, with Mueller and EVERY fucking spy agency in America 

Yup, just like the lead up to the war with Iraq. Gulp.

HoarseCoarseCreature-small.gif

3 minutes ago, Rat's ass said:

WTF was he supposed to do?  

Yup, just like the lead up to the war with Iraq. Gulp.

HoarseCoarseCreature-small.gif

Ah, yes, so we should definitely put all out trust in Trump, the person who gets his intel from Fox n Friends.  How does that Kool Aid taste?

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

You talk about corruption in this administration.  Well the right saw the false claim that protests got out of hand leading to the deaths of 4 Americans just as corrupt and was an attempt to cover up fuck ups by the administration  

lol, this is word butchery the way only the foreign shitposter can manage. It won't penetrate because you are a divisive lying arguebot and your sole purpose is to  shit stir in PA - but if you want to make an equivalence here goes: There's allegations of corruption against Trump, Trump lies about them repeatedly, meddles/compromises investigations (probably illegally) and Republican kiss his fat flabby white ass in public for this.