Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You guys have feed lots there? I have seen dairy farms where it's the same thing, they live in stalls eating and shitting between milking. 

Yeah, because wild animals don't need to eat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toecutter said:

Yeah, because wild animals don't need to eat

And you don't have to think - I don't remember the details but the studies show free range animals emit less, sort of like those big fat folks at the all you can eat buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

I read that humans emit hydrogen not methane. What do O'possums emit?

We don't have o'possums in Oz. The Koala's ate them all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

And you don't have to think - I don't remember the details but the studies show free range animals emit less, sort of like those big fat folks at the all you can eat buffet.

So you hang around buffets full of big fat farting folks huh? Birds of a feather....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

If I had mentioned you then yes I would be wrong. I get that most of PA would be boring to non US folks (although a number still post there). My point was that since 2005 when I started here then have been a number of climate threads and almost none of those posting here participated. You are one of those who even when I disagree with base your writings on facts rather than emotions so respect.  And again, I did not support nor vote for Trump and did my best to warn anyone who would listen and frankly have lost friends that just won't shut up about how wonderful, patriotic and brave he is. I don't engage these folks and just let it go at we can agree to disagree, it's not going to end well (it isn't) and let it go. This includes close family members.  The RW media has had a campaign for decades to brainwash - read up on Lee Atwater who started it and has been followed by Karl Rove, Rush Limpbough and all the clowns who imitate him. Ya'll don't get the AM radio hacks who scream about the evils of liberals and democrats daily. 

This too shall pass although as painful as a kidney stone.

I waded into this when I tired of the constant ad hominem attacks on Greta who had the audacity to tell adults to listen to the scientists.  There is a problem and much of the solution has to come from technology and innovation which requires support of the populations affected. We can all do our parts but it's a global issue and requires changes not effective on a local level.

 

 

You still here flapping you're digital lips. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

You still here flapping you're digital lips. 
 

 

It's funny how stupid dranged is. Still can't understand to people can listen to and accept what scientist have to say, whilst being against the loony left and the way they are pushing the message through an arrogant unfeeling (because of her autism spectrum condition) 16 year old. Until noted and unbiased scientists and not an uneducated 16 year old sixteen year old tells us to panic, there is no need to go overboard. Certain countries need to stop dragging their feet whilst others must stop hiding behind a 3rd world status and d'ranger should just go and fuck himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that he stopped talking to “friends” after they disagreed with his views. They were his friends before they were “Trump fans”, but couldn’t let them have their views on politics and his friendship. There was a lot of that in the US in 2016. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went over to PA for a look. I don’t spend much time there anymore. Same old shit. 20 threads on how trump should be jailed, 10 on Guns and the odd religious baiter. With Tommy Gun trying to steer them all around to dogballs. This is a test to see if it works outside of that shithole. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's funny how stupid dranged is. Still can't understand to people can listen to and accept what scientist have to say, whilst being against the loony left and the way they are pushing the message through an arrogant unfeeling (because of her autism spectrum condition) 16 year old. Until noted and unbiased scientists and not an uneducated 16 year old sixteen year old tells us to panic, there is no need to go overboard. Certain countries need to stop dragging their feet whilst others must stop hiding behind a 3rd world status and d'ranger should just go and fuck himself.

So, you really haven't read the IPCC reports.  Here's the one that everyone is talking about.  It compares the impact on the biosphere of keeping the global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees instead of 2.0 degrees. Assuming that "noted and unbiased scientists" isn't simply "scientists that agree with my opinions on climate change", it might be worth your while.

https://www.ipcc.ch/srocc/home/

You seem to still be focused on shooting the messenger - time to spend more time on the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

So, you really haven't read the IPCC reports.  Here's the one that everyone is talking about.  It compares the impact on the biosphere of keeping the global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees instead of 2.0 degrees. Assuming that "noted and unbiased scientists" isn't simply "scientists that agree with my opinions on climate change", it might be worth your while.

https://www.ipcc.ch/srocc/home/

You seem to still be focused on shooting the messenger - time to spend more time on the message.

but, this thread is about the messenger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

So, you really haven't read the IPCC reports.  Here's the one that everyone is talking about.  It compares the impact on the biosphere of keeping the global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees instead of 2.0 degrees. Assuming that "noted and unbiased scientists" isn't simply "scientists that agree with my opinions on climate change", it might be worth your while.

https://www.ipcc.ch/srocc/home/

You seem to still be focused on shooting the messenger - time to spend more time on the message.

This has been linked before. Again, I know you were way late to the party. I assume you were busy working on the urinal ban(https://pjmedia.com/trending/portland-bans-urinals-in-195m-gender-neutral-remodel-of-government-building/) but the grown ups have already read over this. 

Theres a LOT of speculation regarding the IPCC's actual validity, and an entire ecosystem of jobs that survives on fear mongering alone. In fact, that is precisely what this thread is about; how not to get a message across. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Saint Greta said:

What’s PA?

It's a circle-jerk populated by old men shouting at clouds. Oh, and one old biddy that get's moist over all things American. And D'ranged bloviating from on high...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

...blah blah blah....

Theres a LOT of speculation regarding the IPCC's actual validity, and an entire ecosystem of jobs that survives on fear mongering alone. In fact, that is precisely what this thread is about; how not to get a message across. 

Image result for viral climate change meme what if we made a better world

All the speculation you are referring to is not among scientists, it is among lay people, usually those with a vested interest in the status quo.

BTW, if you are busy shooting messengers, you better shoot this one too.  They seem to be multiplying.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/why-teen-climate-activist-alexandria-villasenor-is-suin-1838370232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

You seem to still be focused on shooting the messenger - time to spend more time on the message.

Well some of you messengers get off on having another mans dogballs in their mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

Image result for viral climate change meme what if we made a better world

All the speculation you are referring to is not among scientists, it is among lay people, usually those with a vested interest in the status quo.

BTW, if you are busy shooting messengers, you better shoot this one too.  They seem to be multiplying.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/why-teen-climate-activist-alexandria-villasenor-is-suin-1838370232

That is a fairly typically ignorant view on the matter.  Boilerplate "useful-idiot" stance.

All of those good things come at a cost. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

Image result for viral climate change meme what if we made a better world

All the speculation you are referring to is not among scientists, it is among lay people, usually those with a vested interest in the status quo.

BTW, if you are busy shooting messengers, you better shoot this one too.  They seem to be multiplying.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/why-teen-climate-activist-alexandria-villasenor-is-suin-1838370232

Climate change isn't a hoax. It's a scam. So what if we spent trillions on a scam?

I'll guess pretty much the same thing that happens to people that western union their life savings to same. Only on a greater scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

That is a fairly typically ignorant view on the matter.  Boilerplate "useful-idiot" stance.

All of those good things come at a cost. 

 

And what would that be? Inquiring minds want to know.  

BTW, you haven't said anything that contradicts my thesis.  You've simply attacked it with vitriol.  Find me anything that suggests there is a large amount of speculation among scientists about the validity of the IPCC report, which, if you were following, is where we started in today's discussion.  Note that a link to a single scientist won't do - you need evidence that a large number of qualified scientists (i.e. climatologists) are questioning the IPCC.  If you can't find it, my statement is true, except perhaps for the speculation about the vested interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hole In The Kite said:

And what would that be? Inquiring minds want to know.  

BTW, you haven't said anything that contradicts my thesis.  You've simply attacked it with vitriol.  Find me anything that suggests there is a large amount of speculation among scientists about the validity of the IPCC report, which, if you were following, is where we started in today's discussion.  Note a link to a single scientist won't do - you need evidence that a large number of scientists are questioning the IPCC.  If you can't find it, my statement is true, except perhaps for the speculation about the vested interests.

I dunno, how about having to continue to burn cow dung for cooking and heating in India, or old people dying due to spiralling heating costs in the first world?

If you want "clean water, air and healthy children", you enable them to generate cheap and reliable energy.  That's unless you're just forgetting about everyone not of the first world.

 

btw - I don't see any vitriol. In case you misunderstood, I was attacking the cartoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now