smackdaddy

SailGP 2020

So, how many of the original China and Japan teams will be back? Ideas as to who the new on-boat person will be (assuming 60 percent means on boat not just on team, or does it?)

6 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

So, how many of the original China and Japan teams will be back? Ideas as to who the new on-boat person will be (assuming 60 percent means on boat not just on team, or does it?)

A lot of Teams, not just China & Japan, will be reshuffled Clew because of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

For example, Aussie Jason Waterhouse was the Fight Controller for the Australian SailGP Team BUT he has also apparently qualified together with Lisa Darmanin in the Nacra17 Class for the Olympics.

Well, and the GB team except for the one grinder who got picked up are going to be the Ineos AC team. 

The Olympics are just woefully behind the times...

Screen-Shot-2019-12-02-at-5.32.32-PM.png

It's really embarrassing...

%C2%A9Sascha-Klahn-5.jpg

It needs to change.

3 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

The Olympics are just woefully behind the times...

It's really embarrassing...

It needs to change.

EMERGENCY! Holy shit! Olympians!  National Governing Bodies!  Someone call up the IOC! Florida Man Who Cruises Once A Year is Embarrassed For You!  

• Like 1

Oh look another Shih Tzu!

[Shakes it off his leg and walks away. Will it follow?]

That's just the personality you've been carrying around like a turd for years. Most people have friends to tell them when they stink of shit but don't know it.

Most people.

• Like 1

Why do you come in this thread Clean, we know you are anti cat, you bring some ok stuff but then you clutter it. The sailing federations around the world are like you mostly anti cat, with the help of NZ they actually kicked the fastest boat out of the Olympics being the Tornado cat, despite it being the most popular for the paying people. The Olympic committee made it mandatory that a cat class is included for that reason and that is still the only reason it gets in, really the only boats worth watching for the masses on TV in the Olympics coming up are the Nacra 17 and the 49er the other boats just don’t present well on TV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madboutcats said:

we know you are anti cat

you do?

5 hours ago, madboutcats said:

Yep but don’t let me distract you

I may be a bit confused how the commentator for the catamaran WMRT, the commentator and marketing guy and production guy for the GC32, the commentator for the EXSS, and the guy who sails on a 60' multihull is 'anti-cat', but don't let me distract you. 

What I am is anti-douchebag and anti-bullshit, and SailGP has quite a lot of that incorporated into it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I am anti-douchebag and anti-bullshit.

You read it here folks.

6 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

You read it here folks.

more valuable content from the king

I would be interested to see some of your GC32 work. Is this your stuff?

If so, you've come a long way.

6 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I would be interested to see some of your GC32 work.

i'm sure you would.

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I may be a bit confused how the commentator for the catamaran WMRT, the commentator and marketing guy and production guy for the GC32, the commentator for the EXSS, and the guy who sails on a 60' multihull is 'anti-cat', but don't let me distract you. 

What I am is anti-douchebag and anti-bullshit, and SailGP has quite a lot of that incorporated into it.

I reckon it would be flippin hard to keep momentum in a thread like this when there is a long break between competition, having said that your not the only one that has been asking for smack to stop posting so the rest of us can go and spend hours to dig up this stuff ourselves. Maybe if you don’t like what’s in this thread instead of moaning here you could start a rival thread and show us all your cat loving talent

30 minutes ago, madboutcats said:

instead of moaning here you could start a rival thread and show us all your cat loving talent

no thanks, but continue your moaning.

Anyway, red boat 7 splashed in NZ yesterday. This is the presumed Team Denmark boat but who knows till they put the logos on, lol.

@BLAK posted a picture off RC facebook yesterday in the AC Circus forum. More on fb where you see the 4 segment wing. 

78994658_2760514097302598_6892918414063435776_n.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, madboutcats said:

I reckon it would be flippin hard to keep momentum in a thread like this when there is a long break between competition, having said that your not the only one that has been asking for smack to stop posting so the rest of us can go and spend hours to dig up this stuff ourselves. Maybe if you don’t like what’s in this thread instead of moaning here you could start a rival thread and show us all your cat loving talent

Yeah, mad, I wouldn't exactly call a small media gig covering some boats along the dock in the WMRT series a few years ago as proof that someone is "pro-cat". And since ESS is dead and gone, I took a look at the GC32 website/media/etc. and don't see anything recognizing him as "the commentator and marketing guy and production guy". Maybe that was a few years ago? Who knows?

As I showed in my previous post, there is some pretty good production and commentating going on in the GC32 video above - but it certainly doesn't appear to be coming from Clean.

So, I don't really know what he's trying to prove here - but it all seems a bit silly to me...as usual.

Clew - I posted that boat 7 info/link above a few hours ago. You can click on the image which links you to Russel's FB post with all the other photos, etc.

This is a great example of why I think the SailGP model is exactly what the sickly world of sailing needs. During the off-season these top-tier guys are out doing what they were born to do in events of their choosing - while honing their skills to make SailGP even better during the season.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-3.01.11-PM.png

And it also highlights what I've been saying about the outdated classes we're still lugging around and how that needs to change...

Rome Kirby
Kirby has arrived in Perth, Australia ahead of next week’s Moth World Championship where he is set to line up against 100+ of the best foiling sailors in the world, including SailGP sailors Tom Slingsby, Kyle Langford and the U.S. SailGP Team Wing Trimmer Coach Tom Johnson, among others. 

Kirby, who considers the cutting-edge Moth Class to be one of the best training tools for SailGP’s supercharged F50, will look to use the intense competition and ideal foiling conditions to further push his skill level as he prepares for SailGP Season 2. The World Championships begin December 9th (Australia) through the 18th. 

Bringing the Waszp into the Inspire program is brilliant.

SailGP is on the leading in virtually every area. A well-deserved well-done for LaRuss.

Also ... the Nacra 17 and 49er Worlds being held right now in Auckland NZ have Dylan, Nathan, Besson/Riou, Jason Waterhouse on the Nacra 17 side, and Peter Burling and Tuke on 49er. 

Quick maneuvering apparent wind boats is where it's at. 

• Like 1

Just a little heads-up to keep your eye open for possible events in both CHN and JPN for S3. Sounding more and more likely...

From JamesW's FB page (CHN) - Boat 7 is out testing new wing and jib in what appears to be the high-wind set-up...

Screen-Shot-2019-12-09-at-10.11.50-AM.pn