smackdaddy

SailGP 2020

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

 

I actually am less moved by people dying than animals. People presumably made a calculation. Race horses can't.

I'm on the same bus.  The doctrine is known as 'assumption of the risk'. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm on the same bus.  The doctrine is known as 'assumption of the risk'....

...and the bus is known as "the short one". Heh.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought reasonable convos were ok? My mistake. Among many I am sure.

Evil wilted bitch with pearl and thorn studded spoon. Old and ugly too. Lousy sailor. There.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Thought reasonable convos were ok? My mistake. Among many I am sure.

Evil wilted bitch with pearl and thorn studded spoon. Old and ugly too. Lousy sailor. There.

When sailors can't joke around with one another, it's not sailing anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

...and the bus is known as "the short one"

I guess it's better than the hearse.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Some people have dead wives, some people have special needs relatives.  What you think is a joke is a dagger to someone else.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

When sailors can't joke around with one another, it's not sailing anymore.

I thought this was #sailingredefined

Couldn't resist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I guess it's better than the hearse.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Some people have dead wives, some people have special needs relatives.  What you think is a joke is a dagger to someone else.

Clean, you really need to understand something that you obviously don't get... you lecturing anyone about "propriety" of any kind is the biggest joke there is. You just don't have the cred. And you've worked very hard for that over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm obviously a TeamUSA dude, but I do like watching what JPN is up to as a top-teir, yet still developing team. Boat is definitely looking cool...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-06-at-4.53.14-PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ainsle has his GBR team together...

https://sailgp.com/news/gbr-presented-by-ineos-line-up-confirmed/

_Z6I1166.JPG?fm=jpg&fl=progressive&q=85&

5 of the 6 are from the AC team - so they aren't messing about...

Quote

Ben Ainslie commented: “We are looking forward to getting out on the water and competing in a highly charged racing environment against some really tough competition. We can’t wait to get going. The squad is a combination of sailors from last year and members of the wider INEOS TEAM UK America’s Cup team. Each sailor has raced these boats before, and we know each other well. It’s now about putting that knowledge and experience together.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Japan top talent is now split into Japan and UK? Ben / Ineos aren't as courageous as it looked initially. Nathan took one for the team here, as he'll be having to chase an unchanged Aussie team.

At this time we are unlikely to know what really matters about the Endeavor operation -- are there any joint media plans, any further investment, actual strategic opportunities, etc, and whether the price paid was fair or manipulated to pump up the valuation for headlines. We'll find out in time, of course, but as the famous economist said -- in the long run we're all dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving Leo into the FC position is a big deal. That leaves Menzies in the other more technical role of WT. I'd say JPN is on track to have a fully national team in another season or two.

I'll be interested to see where Nathan goes at that point. But he's obviously built and is still building a very formidable team here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Leo will be stoked and it's a positive evolution for the team. Still... Nathan likes to win, and he'll have to work much harder now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, martin.langhoff said:

I agree Leo will be stoked and it's a positive evolution for the team. Still... Nathan likes to win, and he'll have to work much harder now.

Isn't that the point of developing a team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap - almost 1K views in just the past few days! And no racing yet?

'Nuff said!

In the mean time, good to see Inspire up on the foils!

Screen-Shot-2020-02-10-at-8.03.31-PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El Equipo de ESP now has backing from TURESPAÑA - along with some cool new artwork on the wing...

https://sailgp.com/news/spanish-team-showcase-iconic-image/

2020-FEB-ESP-BOAT-16x9.png

And you 2 chicks should respect the fact that this team is the only one with a female CEO...

Quote

María del Mar de Ros, the only female in the role of CEO of a SailGP team, is delighted with the partnership with TURESPAÑA: “When SailGP asked us for an identifying icon for the Spanish catamaran, we immediately thought about the ‘Sun of Miró’. An emblem that represents an entire country, as our team does. It is a great honor to be able to use such a recognized and loved symbol around the world and showcase the work of a universal Catalan like Joan Miró.”

Tourism sponsorship should be a freakin' no-brainer...for ANY team.

The train is definitely leaving the station with SGP. Get on or stay home.

Viva el Ferrocarril!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good choice of design, given the regional issues especially. Yes it is nice to see more women. Spaniards were dominating the oceans for quite a while. 

Perhaps there will be more women on the boats, too, someday.

I wish the teams themselves well. I do not think I can bear to watch SGP, however.  Their owner just did that one last straw thing that I can't look away from. #GoverningRedefined  and all. 

Take care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you can't watch. Lots of really great people sailing really great boats. But your call.

You take care too, Clew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Breaks my heart. We are cancelling a trip to Lanai for same reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry inspired me to write an article for the first time in almost a year.  Sent to ed for publication.

 
We’ve never pulled punches about the kind of person we think Larry Ellison is.  Even as fans of his SailGP project have begged us to ‘go easy’ because of ‘the good’ he’s doing for the sport, we’ve maintained that Larry has never done anything for a truly good reason: His latest project is more about Larry’s inability to accept defeat and spiting the tiny little nation who so completely humiliated him in Bermuda.
 
And today, Ellison’s spite for ‘the people’ killed his series for good when the news broke that Lazza is now raising millions for one Donald J. Trump, hosting the orange diabetes host for a quarter-million-dollar-a-plate fundraiser next month, presumably in some castle or palace or spaceship or wine cavern.  Ellison becomes the first tech titan to openly support Trump outside of the notoriously detested Peter Thiel; obviously the thought of Bernie Sanders coming for any of the billions that Ellison is entitled to by right was just too much for Ellison and his infinite generosity.
 
Looking at the 2020 SailGP season schedule we’re struck by what a well-educated and socialist-loving bunch of venues are on the list, and we are not at all sure that Sydney, Copenhagen, New York, Cowes, and San Francisco are going to be excited about providing support for Larry Ellison’s passion project, especially since Trump is likely to attend at least one of the US events.
 
Anyone who downloads the SailGP App, visits a SailGP venue, or shares a SailGP link will indirectly be supporting Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, and anyone who works for SailGP will be directly supporting it.  
 
Hey, It was good while it lasted.
 
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the Hollywood promoters get really on board...hope the current SGP media marketing geniuses let photos of DT in a SailGP cap or RC in a MAGA one get into the wild web. Would do a world of good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

 photos of DT in a SailGP cap or RC in a MAGA one get into the wild web.

There are some pretty clever AC Anarchy posters who could probably pull that together. Or you can take some of that retirement savings and go do a Fiverr request and send it to me ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I could just go to a rally and give DT a SGP cap.  I have to confess I have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Larry inspired me to write an article for the first time in almost a year.  Sent to ed for publication.

 
We’ve never pulled punches about the kind of person we think Larry Ellison is.  Even as fans of his SailGP project have begged us to ‘go easy’ because of ‘the good’ he’s doing for the sport, we’ve maintained that Larry has never done anything for a truly good reason: His latest project is more about Larry’s inability to accept defeat and spiting the tiny little nation who so completely humiliated him in Bermuda.
 
And today, Ellison’s spite for ‘the people’ killed his series for good when the news broke that Lazza is now raising millions for one Donald J. Trump, hosting the orange diabetes host for a quarter-million-dollar-a-plate fundraiser next month, presumably in some castle or palace or spaceship or wine cavern.  Ellison becomes the first tech titan to openly support Trump outside of the notoriously detested Peter Thiel; obviously the thought of Bernie Sanders coming for any of the billions that Ellison is entitled to by right was just too much for Ellison and his infinite generosity.
 
Looking at the 2020 SailGP season schedule we’re struck by what a well-educated and socialist-loving bunch of venues are on the list, and we are not at all sure that Sydney, Copenhagen, New York, Cowes, and San Francisco are going to be excited about providing support for Larry Ellison’s passion project, especially since Trump is likely to attend at least one of the US events.
 
Anyone who downloads the SailGP App, visits a SailGP venue, or shares a SailGP link will indirectly be supporting Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, and anyone who works for SailGP will be directly supporting it.  
 
Hey, It was good while it lasted.
 

Well, as I've said many times - I think you calling out anyone's "integrity" is utterly laughable. You just don't have the credibility to be taken seriously. But you do you if it makes you feel important.

On this...

"Even as fans of his SailGP project have begged us to ‘go easy’ because of ‘the good’ he’s doing for the sport"

Cite please?

I think this article says a lot more about you than it does about LE. I'm certainly no fan whatsoever of President Trump. But I'm also not naive enough to think that leaders of very large global businesses can afford to be as small-minded as those who simply bitch and moan and write short whinge articles on forums. It's the fiduciary duty of leaders of businesses like this (especially those with very large government contracts) to maintain positive relations with its customer base - and especially the Chief Executives in that base. I'm sure Trump isn't the first POTUS that LE has courted in his role. Just do a quick search and you'll see Tim Cook, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, etc. with Trump as well - along with Obama, etc. It's what's done.

I'm certainly not here to defend LE in whatever political and/or life choices he wants to make. And you are welcome to cocoon in your cancel culture if it makes you feel good. I don't care. But I think you look foolish if it's for the reasons you state.

I'm simply here for the great sailing SailGP offers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Larry inspired me to write an article for the first time in almost a year.  Sent to ed for publication.

 
We’ve never pulled punches about the kind of person we think Larry Ellison is.  Even as fans of his SailGP project have begged us to ‘go easy’ because of ‘the good’ he’s doing for the sport, we’ve maintained that Larry has never done anything for a truly good reason: His latest project is more about Larry’s inability to accept defeat and spiting the tiny little nation who so completely humiliated him in Bermuda.
 
And today, Ellison’s spite for ‘the people’ killed his series for good when the news broke that Lazza is now raising millions for one Donald J. Trump, hosting the orange diabetes host for a quarter-million-dollar-a-plate fundraiser next month, presumably in some castle or palace or spaceship or wine cavern.  Ellison becomes the first tech titan to openly support Trump outside of the notoriously detested Peter Thiel; obviously the thought of Bernie Sanders coming for any of the billions that Ellison is entitled to by right was just too much for Ellison and his infinite generosity.
 
Looking at the 2020 SailGP season schedule we’re struck by what a well-educated and socialist-loving bunch of venues are on the list, and we are not at all sure that Sydney, Copenhagen, New York, Cowes, and San Francisco are going to be excited about providing support for Larry Ellison’s passion project, especially since Trump is likely to attend at least one of the US events.
 
Anyone who downloads the SailGP App, visits a SailGP venue, or shares a SailGP link will indirectly be supporting Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, and anyone who works for SailGP will be directly supporting it.  
 
Hey, It was good while it lasted.
 

Why don't they sail in Mar-a-Largo five times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was willing to look the other way about a lot of stuff starting when Safra Catz of Oracle was on the transition team. But the emboldenment of hatred and divisiveness this presidency has fostered eg https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/local/school-bullying-trump-words/ , the disregard of the Constitution, the perversion of rule of law, I can't look away any more. I took an oath once, and nobody said it was moot. Preserving, protecting, defending the Constitution is not just a lifestyle choice.  Larry can bang 20 year olds and have engineered kids till he's 100, ok. But flattering, encouraging, and funding a domestic enemy of the Constitution, not ok. Even if it's to get that sucker to do stuff for you. No. Not ok. 

This is not government relations "as usual." This is not normal govermnent.

I'm not here for the trains that run on time.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So take it to PA. This thread is about great sailing - globally. Who cares what you (and Clean) like or don't like about US politics? Do you feel strongly about the politics in Spain or the UK or Japan or Denmark or France, etc.?

Or do you just want to keep droning on about it here for some reason? You guys' hatred of LE and RC is really pretty boring at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't like women droning on, eh smack?  Maybe you are a fan of Larry's new best friend after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You don't like women droning on, eh smack?  Maybe you are a fan of Larry's new best friend after all.

You're droning as well (as I said)...just not as intelligently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

There are some pretty clever AC Anarchy posters who could probably pull that together. Or you can take some of that retirement savings and go do a Fiverr request and send it to me ;)

Is this the kind of thing you guys are after? Free of charge. Heh.

tall-to-ride_maga.png.4d9da71d1c8a5b9dacbfd125999d9876.png

[Will the parody image above be taken down - again? Is the goose/gander thing a thing? Or is hypocrisy at play?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

So take it to PA. This thread is about great sailing - globally. Who cares what you (and Clean) like or don't like about US politics? Do you feel strongly about the politics in Spain or the UK or Japan or Denmark or France, etc.?

Or do you just want to keep droning on about it here for some reason? You guys' hatred of LE and RC is really pretty boring at this point.

Soooo that's a hell of a stretch. Odds are, if you've got beef with Donald Trump you likely have serious concerns about Marine LePen(France) Boris Johnson (UK), and to a certain extent Shinzo Abe (Japan). While Vox (Spain) doesn't have that much power yet it is yet another sign of the global slide towards authoritarian right wing governments. To be fair there's also a lot of left wing authoritarianism too, which is equally botched up and bad. In Spain, Vox's current president wants a reconquista to drive all the muslims out of Spain. Fascinating fascism. Sounds just like home. Meanwhile, anybody who isn't concerned about Winnie The Pooh- SORRY- Xi Jinping (China) regardless of political leaning is just flat out ignorant. However, SailGP no longer has a fake Chinese team, so it doesn't raise awareness like it used to. It's precisely the type of nihilistic projection seen in the above quote which allows these cockroaches to thrive. This is how we get pests. - Okay. Political munitions exhausted. Returning to building boat parts-

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's my point Dave. Clean and the Circus Animals (not a cover band, but could be) have been hating on this SailGP thing from the very beginning - simply because, as he said "We’ve never pulled punches about the kind of person we think Larry Ellison is." The problem is, as you point out, if you're going to start turning over stones - there are a hell of lot of stones in this world of sailing. And there's also the issue of looking in the mirror* - but I digress...

Again, I couldn't care less about the politics for the reasons I stated above. I am a big fan of SailGP for what it is - the best sailing by the best sailors on the fastest boats on the planet. That's all.

(*The above parody image of Clean was taken down, though it was exactly the kind of thing Clean is asking for of LE. I think you see my point.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry proved who he is today.  Guess I was right.  

as eva dent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Larry proved who he is today.  Guess I was right.  

He wasn't any different when he was chasing, and later defending the AC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm no Trump fan (us Canuck socialists living in the good old USA rarely are), I've never understood all the AC and GP bashing here. Well paid,  long term gigs for those of us that actually make our living in sailing are hard to find...not to mention the awesome boats and performance level of the sailors...could GP be improved? Of course, but fundamentally,  it will eventually go away because there isn't enough interest in sailing...even most sailors don't watch sailing, let alone the general public. 

And I'm sure those criticizing here have never received any advert revenue from or billed a right wing client.....pot kettle black?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean to interrupt the HUGE groundswell of attention and outrage that Little Mr. Clean's "obviously influential" FP writing has engendered [yawn], but meanwhile The Inspire Punks are rippin' it up in AUS...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-14-at-12.32.49-AM.pn

Enjoy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SailGP is great for mainstream sailing. The concept of sailing via wind alone at speeds faster than some cars, will eventually win potential sailors as they grasp the concept of the wind propelling you effortlessly. Sailing Anarchy however will not inspire anyone to do shit because that's the attitude of the ED. The concept of Sailing Anarchy was brought about by the ED himself who preferred a "LOUNGE ROOM" mentality rather than physical and it's worked because there was no other group doing the same.! Kudos ED for getting the timing right, after that there's not a lot to celebrate IMO. (Oh well along came CLEAN) So along comes a new sailing concept funded by a not very popular rich man called Larry...The ED and his gang can't get their heads around it so they want to earmark it for failure.. Is that human nature when something new comes along or is because the ED can't stand Larry being rich? So may knobs to satisfy and not enough sail area...! Oh well.............................................GOD farking help us with the DOOMED ED attitude I say...!   :P:D:ph34r::wub:

One day the ED and CLEAN might grasp the concept of unbiased news reporting. My pet hate with SA is the tone the ED himself portrays, I love the ability to engage fellow sailors/humans which is what SA is about, after that I'd prefer Larry to run SA with Tom Slingsby as the ED.! I would like Bill Gates on the board and Steve Jobs overlooking Hells Gate! Enough from me.... But Seriously...... FFS Editor

Surely SailGP hasn't inspired these young people? God no... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Oracle's board or around Larry , one can see somebody called:  Laurent Pascalin

Does anybody knows if this guy is french ?

In the seventies I was at school with a "Laurent Pascalin" in Melun: a city south of Paris

May be the same guy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

clean, thanks for the heads up....

i've deleted the sailgp app, and won't be watching the show

and, larry is a cunt licking trump lover....doesn't get much worse

 

but i do enjoy watching trailer park trash come to the defense of larry and trump.....watching ignorance can be entertaining....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, martin.langhoff said:

He wasn't any different when he was chasing, and later defending the AC. 

except for the part about raising millions for a conspirator and traitor (and I'm not talking about Russell!) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

 

And I'm sure those criticizing here have never received any advert revenue from or billed a right wing client.....pot kettle black?

 

If you can't tell the difference between doing business with people regardless of their politics and raising money for the campaign of a lying criminal of a president, you should shut up and go rebuild that winch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

except for the part about raising millions for a conspirator and traitor (and I'm not talking about Russell!) 

I think you are just defending your ignorance of the man's reputation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Larry inspired me to write an article for the first time in almost a year.  Sent to ed for publication.

 
We’ve never pulled punches about the kind of person we think Larry Ellison is.  Even as fans of his SailGP project have begged us to ‘go easy’ because of ‘the good’ he’s doing for the sport, we’ve maintained that Larry has never done anything for a truly good reason: His latest project is more about Larry’s inability to accept defeat and spiting the tiny little nation who so completely humiliated him in Bermuda.
 
And today, Ellison’s spite for ‘the people’ killed his series for good when the news broke that Lazza is now raising millions for one Donald J. Trump, hosting the orange diabetes host for a quarter-million-dollar-a-plate fundraiser next month, presumably in some castle or palace or spaceship or wine cavern.  Ellison becomes the first tech titan to openly support Trump outside of the notoriously detested Peter Thiel; obviously the thought of Bernie Sanders coming for any of the billions that Ellison is entitled to by right was just too much for Ellison and his infinite generosity.
 
Looking at the 2020 SailGP season schedule we’re struck by what a well-educated and socialist-loving bunch of venues are on the list, and we are not at all sure that Sydney, Copenhagen, New York, Cowes, and San Francisco are going to be excited about providing support for Larry Ellison’s passion project, especially since Trump is likely to attend at least one of the US events.
 
Anyone who downloads the SailGP App, visits a SailGP venue, or shares a SailGP link will indirectly be supporting Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, and anyone who works for SailGP will be directly supporting it.  
 
Hey, It was good while it lasted.
 

Hey Clean, I'd be amazed if there are not multiple pieces of Oracle software underpinning SA.  Obviously you are a raging Trump supporter as a result.  At least according to your logic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Giles said:

Hey Clean, I'd be amazed if there are not multiple pieces of Oracle software underpinning SA. 

be amazed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In his defense, the software underpinning SA has at times over the years been shitty enough to lead people to believe that Oracle source code was under the hood :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If you can't tell the difference between doing business with people regardless of their politics and raising money for the campaign of a lying criminal of a president, you should shut up and go rebuild that winch.

I can't.

Have you ever tried to make a point without including a cheap shot? You and Trump have a lot in common.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BSPN said:

In his defense, the software underpinning SA has at times over the years been shitty enough to lead people to believe that Oracle source code was under the hood :D

Okay - that's funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wind_apparent said:

 Now who TF is Rome Kirby? And can his dad please drive the boat? 

Okay, that's funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

More proof that SailGP is home to the best sailors on the planet. Go USA!

Screen-Shot-2020-02-15-at-4.27.07-PM.png

 

"best sailors in the world"? They just came 17th at the worlds. In most top sailing nations, their performance wouldn't be good enough to be sent to the Olympics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, A Class Sailor said:

"best sailors in the world"? They just came 17th at the worlds. In most top sailing nations, their performance wouldn't be good enough to be sent to the Olympics.

Hey, this is the USA we're talking about. We're a developing nation.

Rome represented pretty well at the Moth Worlds a couple of years ago. Then you've got Canfield, Henken, Kinney, etc. - all of whom have some hardware in the backseat.

We'll see where we place this season. I may have to remind you of this little comment of yours. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to watching the races. Any kind of sailing is good sailing. Especially for those of us who cannot participate like we used to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

More proof that SailGP is home to the best sailors on the planet. Go USA!

Screen-Shot-2020-02-15-at-4.27.07-PM.png

 

Lol. SailGP is home to the 17th best sailors in the world. Meanwhile the best sailors in the world are in the Americas Cup

Kiwi sailors Peter Burling and Blair Tuke storm home for sixth 49er world title

 

 

Kiwis Peter Burling and Blair Tuke claim their sixth 49er world title with a brilliant finish in Geelong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen a thread so fucked up by a political discussion, some rich guy doesn’t like the opposition to Trump so donates to Trump and all of a sudden whiney drop kicks like Clean and co who’ve been trying to kill this thread since it started have hung all the political garbage on Sailing GP. Fuck off to PA and whine over there or start a new thread, racing is about to start for Sailing GP and you whiney wankers will be just static in the background once we have racing to discuss again. For fucks sake we know Trump will be your president again if for no other reason than his opposition can’t even add up the numbers to work out who will oppose him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, madboutcats said:

I have never seen a thread so fucked up by a political discussion, some rich guy doesn’t like the opposition to Trump so donates to Trump and all of a sudden whiney drop kicks like Clean and co who’ve been trying to kill this thread since it started have hung all the political garbage on Sailing GP. Fuck off to PA and whine over there or start a new thread, racing is about to start for Sailing GP and you whiney wankers will be just static in the background once we have racing to discuss again. For fucks sake we know Trump will be your president again if for no other reason than his opposition can’t even add up the numbers to work out who will oppose him

Mad - don't worry about it. It's obvious that only a small handful of people actually read Clean's little FP foot-stamp (as has always been the case) - and only a couple of them bothered to post here in agreement despite the link to this thread therein. Clean likes to think he can move the needle in the world of sailing. He clearly can't. He simply looks for threads with an obvious audience, and waltzes in and drops a few names and quips to pretend he knows something. I don't mind it. And in this particular instance, with Clean's own obvious character flaws, it's been fun to watch him prancing around in the mud on his pretend high-horse hypocritically shouting to high-heaven. Very entertaining.

I mean it's not like SailGP is being sponsored by freakin' McDonalds. Talk about "inspiring a new generation" in this fine sport of ours. "Super Size Me" with 6 gallons of Coca-Cola in the promotional "America's Cup" meal? Nice.

Anyway, SailGP is doing very well by every important measure. A little over a week to the races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I mean it's not like SailGP is being sponsored by freakin' McDonalds. Talk about "inspiring a new generation" in this fine sport of ours. "Super Size Me" with 6 gallons of Coca-Cola in the promotional "America's Cup" meal? Nice.

Anyway, SailGP is doing very well by every important measure. A little over a week to the races.

The problem is, they're not sponsored by anyone! Thats the biggest problem. If they can't find sponsors its adios muchachos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The problem is, they're not sponsored by anyone! Thats the biggest problem. If they can't find sponsors its adios muchachos.

There's a whole lot of ignorance to unpack there. And I just don't have the time. Back to your McFatty Meal, Four.

Now, back to what matters - the best sailors in the world - it's cool to see Nathan's whole family neck deep in this stuff...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-16-at-8.48.44-PM.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So The ED and CLEAN continue to find any angle that might work against SailGP.    I still argue SailGP is the most exciting version of sailing you can watch and it should get better with Ainslie in the mix IMO. But anyways let's kill it hey guys. 

So please tell me after you kill it what will have been achieved?  :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

So The ED and CLEAN continue to find any angle that might work against SailGP.    I still argue SailGP is the most exciting version of sailing you can watch and it should get better with Ainslie in the mix IMO. But anyways let's kill it hey guys. 

So please tell me after you kill it what will have been achieved?  :wub:

Terra - don't worry. The fading SA Frat Club can't possibly kill SailGP. They can't even get a measly press credential for crying out loud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big question: Is FRA and/or ESP going to have another event? Or is DEN going to be the owner of the finals?

Rockwool may be the big winner here.

I spent some time in Alicante during the VOR days. I'd love to see something happen there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO is my Fave sailor - he is one Top Bloke - except sadly he is married to the daughter of an ETNZer so he Is the Prolly Clown now!

Still best not to forgetting his full name is Nathan "I'd jump to AC in a heartbeat if an opportunity came up" Outteridge - or so he says Publically!

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2019/07/16/sitting-down-with-nathan-outteridge/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, Dave Clark said:

While Vox (Spain) doesn't have that much power yet it is yet another sign of the global slide towards authoritarian right wing governments.

Vox is authoritarian? You obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. Authoritarian is the Socialist/Bolivarian government that rules in Spain now with the support of terrorists, jalied politicians convicted for sedition and comunists, along with all the regionalist nationalist parties.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 9:17 AM, Giles said:

Hey Clean, I'd be amazed if there are not multiple pieces of Oracle software underpinning SA.  Obviously you are a raging Trump supporter as a result.  At least according to your logic.

I as going to say the same thing. "SA is supporting Trump"  because they are using Oracle Software!!  It's laughable.

  I don't check in to SA often anymore, (at one point I was on every day) because of the CNN like politics of the site. "Trump is bad", "everything bad is related to Trump"  It defies common sense.  When a sport focused site tries to twist sporting event viewers into support of a candidate that some like and some do not, they lose a lot of credibility the same way CNN has.  It's not that I don't have a problem with some of the things the president does,  there are reasonable things to go after any President about including President Trump.   But the lame way of  calling people who watch a sailboat race Trump supporters,  is simply foolish.  Even to those folks who love Trump.   The argument is extremely weak.  Clean looks like a fool and so does the site for publishing that rant here.

 

Your viewers don't come to SailingAnarchy.com to hear you espouse your political views. Perhaps someday you will understand. Perhaps not.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sail GP is being unfairly portrayed.  The dozen or so spectators and online viewers seemed quite enthusiastic about the races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, madboutcats said:

I have never seen a thread so fucked up by a political discussion, some rich guy doesn’t like the opposition to Trump so donates to Trump and all of a sudden whiney drop kicks like Clean and co who’ve been trying to kill this thread since it started have hung all the political garbage on Sailing GP. Fuck off to PA and whine over there or start a new thread, racing is about to start for Sailing GP and you whiney wankers will be just static in the background once we have racing to discuss again. For fucks sake we know Trump will be your president again if for no other reason than his opposition can’t even add up the numbers to work out who will oppose him

You should look a little harder, there’s hundreds of them over the years. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oc_man said:

I as going to say the same thing. "SA is supporting Trump"  because they are using Oracle Software!!  It's laughable.

  I don't check in to SA often anymore, (at one point I was on every day) because of the CNN like politics of the site. "Trump is bad", "everything bad is related to Trump"  It defies common sense.  When a sport focused site tries to twist sporting event viewers into support of a candidate that some like and some do not, they lose a lot of credibility the same way CNN has.  It's not that I don't have a problem with some of the things the president does,  there are reasonable things to go after any President about including President Trump.   But the lame way of  calling people who watch a sailboat race Trump supporters,  is simply foolish.  Even to those folks who love Trump.   The argument is extremely weak.  Clean looks like a fool and so does the site for publishing that rant here.

 

Your viewers don't come to SailingAnarchy.com to hear you espouse your political views. Perhaps someday you will understand. Perhaps not.

 

Yeah!!  
 

We want controlled anarchy! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chuso007 said:

Vox is authoritarian? You obviously have no clue about what you are talking about. Authoritarian is the Socialist/Bolivarian government that rules in Spain now with the support of terrorists, jalied politicians convicted for sedition and comunists, along with all the regionalist nationalist parties.

 

the same the left babbles about bolsonaro.

in leftese (the language leftists speak), "authoritharian", "dictator", "nazi", "fascist" etc mean anyone that does not profess the same credo as them. On the contrary, "democrat" and its synonims mean everyone that agrees with them. i'm used to it. we've seen this here in brasil for the last couple of decades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed something...if, after almost 170 years, the AC FB page has less than 400K followers...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-18-at-2.39.51-PM.png

Can you just imagine what SailGP will have in the same time frame after gaining about of 4th of that in its very first season????

Screen-Shot-2020-02-18-at-2.40.19-PM.png

157 x 87 = like, 14M or something. Impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oc_man said:

Clean looks like a fool and so does the site for publishing that rant here. Your viewers don't come to SailingAnarchy.com to hear you espouse your political views. Perhaps someday you will understand. Perhaps not.

He'll learn. But go easy, politics get really important when you grow old and infirm. Heh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So The ED and CLEAN continue to find any angle that might work against SailGP.    I still argue SailGP is the most exciting version of sailing you can watch and it should get better with Ainslie in the mix IMO. But anyways let's kill it hey guys. 

So please tell me after you kill it what will have been achieved?  :wub:

Nothing said here is going to kill SailGP. The event is trying to appeal to non sailing fans the Sailing audience is just simply not big enough to sustain an event like this, the AC, the Ocean Race or any other sailing event pretending to need sponsors to survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potter said:

Nothing said here is going to kill SailGP. 

It's not dead, it's pining for the fjords.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

I just noticed something...if, after almost 170 years, the AC FB page has less than 400K followers...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-18-at-2.39.51-PM.png

Can you just imagine what SailGP will have in the same time frame after gaining about of 4th of that in its very first season????

Screen-Shot-2020-02-18-at-2.40.19-PM.png

157 x 87 = like, 14M or something. Impressive!

Oh my dear Fucking Dumb Boomer! I wonder when you will learn how the internets work! It's no wonder you Still think your iPAD is the magic!

When the prolly trump clown LE lost the AC he killed the facebook page! The current AC page was created from in June 2018  from fresh and had to gather those fans since then! Those 400k followers came in just a few short years without any even events! What prollies!

695440331_ScreenShot2020-02-19at7_11_45PM.png.fafaec071f359d6c41d768fed3ffaf27.png

Guess what the alsos happened midway through 2018??!?! YOU WILL NEVER!??? 

 

OK!

1315965554_ScreenShot2020-02-19at7_16_24PM.png.03f3880475f0b206f06ffb21182157b6.png

And After so much exciting events and so much sponsored content they are still behind AC with no events!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

What prolly clowns!

So you will say the "BUT SGP USA HAS EVEN MORE (but still not as much as AC!)"

1808658453_ScreenShot2020-02-19at7_19_13PM.png.5c7a16fb30e54450a1081cff91df1d66.png

Because It the old prolly clown OTUSA AC page - which has lost fans since the old days!

AHAHAHAHA YOU ARE THE FAIL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Potter said:

Nothing said here is going to kill SailGP. The event is trying to appeal to non sailing fans the Sailing audience is just simply not big enough to sustain an event like this, the AC, the Ocean Race or any other sailing event pretending to need sponsors to survive. 

Well said, my mate was raving to me about paying to sit on a big ferry drinking piss with his missus at last years Sydney race watching it on the water and he’s not a sailor, has never sailed, it’s like going to watch the footy for the sport

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AUS is clearly the strongest team. With Goobs helping Ben, Nathan levelling up a team, and new faces in almost every other boat...

Who's your favorite for 2nd place? (Presumably between Japan and GBR)

Who's your favorite of the newcomers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madboutcats said:

Well said, my mate was raving to me about paying to sit on a big ferry drinking piss with his missus at last years Sydney race watching it on the water and he’s not a sailor, has never sailed, it’s like going to watch the footy for the sport

This is what all the naysayers can't seem to get through their heads. This "Coliseum Racing" concept here, especially with boats this fast, is unlike anything before it. So if you try to compare it to the VOR, the past ACs, etc. you are COMPLETELY missing the point.

This concept was well-proven over the last couple of ACWS iterations. Those events far outshone the finals in terms of excitement and appeal - precisely because it was the package that worked. And that's obviously what LERC saw and ran with it.

So, to the naysayers, saynay all you want - but at least get the comparisons right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, martin.langhoff said:

AUS is clearly the strongest team. With Goobs helping Ben, Nathan levelling up a team, and new faces in almost every other boat...

Who's your favorite for 2nd place? (Presumably between Japan and GBR)

Who's your favorite of the newcomers?

I honestly think USA will put on a good showing this season - even though they are young and tend to push too hard. I still think we'll be looking at AUS and JPN as the dominators...with GBR right there. Then USA and FRA right behind simply because of the experience. I think it's going to be a helluva season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

And today, Ellison’s spite for ‘the people’ killed his series for good when the news broke that Lazza is now raising millions for one Donald J. Trump, hosting the orange diabetes host for a quarter-million-dollar-a-plate fundraiser next month, presumably in some castle or palace or spaceship or wine cavern.  Ellison becomes the first tech titan to openly support Trump outside of the notoriously detested Peter Thiel; obviously the thought of Bernie Sanders coming for any of the billions that Ellison is entitled to by right was just too much for Ellison and his infinite generosity.

 

Take this liberal political crap to political anarchy and quit polluting the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MultiThom said:

Take this liberal political crap to political anarchy and quit polluting the thread.

Sure thing, thread police!

 

More than 2,300 Oracle employees have signed a petition against a fundraiser for President Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign that’s reportedly scheduled to be held on Wednesday at a Southern California property owned by founder and chairman Larry Ellison.

In the past few years, employees at Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Salesforce have spoken out against corporate practices they’ve disagreed with. Oracle has long been known as a technology supplier to the U.S. government; in a statement in September the company said the Central Intelligence Agency was the first customer to use the company’s database software decades ago. Former CIA chief Leon Panetta has held a seat on Oracle’s board since 2015, and in 2016 Oracle CEO Safra Catz joined President Trump’s transition team.

 

Oracle sought a major contract to provide cloud computing resources to the Pentagon, and in 2018 Catz had dinner with Trump. In October Microsoft won the contract, known by its acronym JEDI.

Petitioners want Ellison, currently Oracle’s chief technology officer, to cancel Wednesday’s event. They say that Trump’s behavior isn’t in line with Oracle’s values. One such value is opposition to corruption and bribery; the petition points to Trump’s impeachment in December.

“Ellison’s financial support of Donald Trump endangers the well-being of women, immigrants, communities of color, the environment, LGBTQ and trans communities, disabled people, and workers everywhere,” the petition states. “Additionally, his alliance with this ignoble and destructive figure damages our company culture as well as our relationships with partners and customers.”

Oracle declined to comment.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sure are one ignorant person, Mr. Clean. And you're loud about it to boot.

Are you really unable to see that no one cares what you have to say? Run along...to the location listed in your profile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites