17mika

2019 Chandler Macleod Moth worlds

So, 2019 worlds are approaching, Dec 13-18 in Perth.

https://mothworlds.org/perth/

Any anarchyst attending? What's the chat from down under? Any of the Olympic/ AC guys making it?
We've just loaded the Cointainer from Garda with 3 SSD and 2 boxes, after the Ita nats, so we're definitely committed :D so no moth sailing for the next 2 months for me :(

I'd be interested to see the Mach2.5 going against the top boats.

Btw, does the aero wing really provide significant forward thrust that outweights the drag penalty of the relaively bigger wings compared to the more contemporary designs? 

I know that the mighty Tom Burton was out on his Moth the day the Australian Olympic Laser rep was announced .... so you'd have to think he's going over to Perth rather than slogging it out at Sail Sydney in a laser!!

5 hours ago, barney said:

I'd be interested to see the Mach2.5 going against the top boats.

Btw, does the aero wing really provide significant forward thrust that outweights the drag penalty of the relaively bigger wings compared to the more contemporary designs?  

What do you mean by "aero wing"? the mach 2.5 wings?
My 2cents for the mach 2.5 wings is that they are quite faster than the old ones upwind. I did quite some training and racing in the past month with Fabio Mazzetti,  on a new Mach2, and he is definitely on the pace upwind, faster than most maguires, probably only slower than the mantas.
I think also my boat (Rocket SSD with Lennon 3.5DS) is pretty on target upwind, but I am light and most of all I am a useless sailor  :D , so I am a tad slower than Fabio and the top Guys.

So, to sum-up, I would not exclude any Mach 2s from the top spots, if good guys use them. As an Italian I'd love to see a Manta on top, as they're definitely the fastest boats upwind and it would be a great result for all the effort the Ferrighi bros have put into the project.

Mic

15 hours ago, 17mika said:

I'd love to see a Manta on top, as they're definitely the fastest boats upwind

What sort of speeds are they getting upwind? Is there any downwind compromise?

51 minutes ago, sailor10 said:

What sort of speeds are they getting upwind? Is there any downwind compromise?

Speed doesn't matter that much. I think most top guys in the breeze upwind (ex 15 knots wind) with the decksweepers are in the 18-19 knots range anyway.
What I found most solid boats are best (rockets and mantas) is having a good high and fast mode, i.e. they tend to be a little higher for the same speed in the big breeze. This is the main difference I found when I switched from a standard rocket to an SSD ROcket.  I think that is mostly due to the areo shape of the leeward wing when the boat is heeled, which is a lot less drag than soft wing boats. My totally unscientific feeling is that mantas are even slightly better aero than the rockets, but in practical terms they're both really great VMG upwind... ask anybody who did the UK nats how fast was Dylan Fletcher.

Obvious compromise is that all solid boats I think are slightly heavier than soft boats (and ridicously more expensive to ship as well), but I do not think difference is that big anymore, since all boats are getting a lot heavier. I do not think there is anymore any production moth significantly under 40kg anymore. the days of 30kg bladeriders are long gone.

There was a scow with double T main foils at the worlds in Australia a couple of years back. With the AC75s using somewhat similar configurations I wonder if we'll see some new concepts being competitive anytime soon?

Are Dylan (and stu and draper (AKA SailGP GB)) not doing the worlds? I'm surprised as it should fit after their 49er worlds in NZL? 

It's also a shame not to see Outerridge as a face off against Slingsby as that would have been fun off the back of Sail GP... quite a few other sail gp sailors seem to have made it, so why not Nathan? Tied up with the Nacra worlds in NZL like Dylan? 

The foiling week and UK nationals fleets were quite different to the one that's lining up for the worlds this time so it's hard to compare how Brad will go in the southern hemisphere. Even the Bermuda fleet last year was quite different to what we see now and that also feels like a long time ago! 

Obviously plenty of stars in the class, but it's shame to see less AC involvement this time (maybe it's too crucial a time in development). Bruni, Goodison, Burling, Tuke, Jensen. 

• Like 1

I think some of the sail gp guys will later join, but 2 my knowledge, only few of the AC committed guys will actually make it.

Definitely on that list a couple of big guys who should be there are missing, but I guess they will register when they are 100% sure they will make it. Hope to see them ;)

Ps my container is late! Currently expected @ freemantle on  nov 22nd. Hop that is the deal, otherwise the program starts to get difficult... fingers crossed.

ITA boats  just landed in Aussie land, and hopefully they are all in one piece and will be at the club next tuesday. Now Francesco Bruni is officially in, so ITALIA team is ready to kick some aussie aussies :D just joking, of course :D 5 boats, lots of pasta and wine.

One week for now I will be in the aussie summer with the freemantle doctor setting the pace, and this is what matters. BRING IT ON! :)

• Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 12:31 AM, Mozzy Sails said:

Obviously plenty of stars in the class, but it's shame to see less AC involvement this time (maybe it's too crucial a time in development). Bruni, Goodison, Burling, Tuke, Jensen. 

Burling and Tuke are preparing for the Olympics in the 49er.

I am finally at the club, need to work a bit, and hopefully will be able to sail a bit this evening.

At first sight, lots of decksweepers, fairings, solid decks and aero solutions. Nothing insanely new but a lot of smart solutions to improve the areo. Chat in the ballpark is that Slingsby, Bruni, Babbage and few others are getting some stellar upwind numbers. 

I guess I'll see with my eyes soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, martin.langhoff said:

Will there be good video coverage?

Yes

• Like 1

Yep there should be live streaming with drone coverage.
FInally sailed yesterday. It is glam out there! pretty difficult though, big breeze and very gusty. I need to gain a bit of local knowledge on where and how the gusts behave.

Phil, see you for a beer this afternoon, I did not have a chance yet.

• Like 2

Report from AUS nationals? Photos of new kit?

kilt.jpg.e0db84da2a131610b65113d10e4e42c6.jpg

Opps, sorry, I thought you said "new kilt"! :P

1 hour ago, Jethrow said:

Report from AUS nationals? Photos of new kit?

kilt.jpg.e0db84da2a131610b65113d10e4e42c6.jpg

Opps, sorry, I thought you said "new kilt"! :P

It's all about the aero down there...

I'll do some photos tomorrow, but you see a lot of stuff on FB already.

Sailwise, most aussie are on various versions (most custom)  of the north decksweeper, with fairings to make it endplate. This latest north at max DH/Kicker basically go 100% flat on the entry. When it is blowing 20 knots you see scott, Slingsby, Kyle, Rob (and sometimes checco) motoring upwind at insane speeds with that.

Foiwise nothing revolutionary.. scott babbage and the manta have some cool looking rudders. most guys on exocet small or damic small.

Boatwise, most bieker have gone solid deck, and there are also the european rockets ssd and mantas SSD. Amac the maguires do not seem to have anything really new.

Yesterday was ok for me (it was nuuuuuking on the blue course in the end), today I had small boat issues and did some stupid stuff. time to do some proper boatwork tomorrow morning, to be ready for the worlds...

• Like 2

Moth Worlds Preview Panel

If you want to see and hear from all the key people involved in this years Moth Worlds, from the pros, to the internationals, to the host club.

check this out. 

Gold Fleet racing will be live broadcast through Down Under Sail Facebook from the 16th December

On 12/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, 17mika said:

Looking forward to these 

On 12/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, 17mika said:

Sailwise, most aussie are on various versions (most custom)  of the north decksweeper, with fairings to make it endplate. This latest north at max DH/Kicker basically go 100% flat on the entry. When it is blowing 20 knots you see scott, Slingsby, Kyle, Rob (and sometimes checco) motoring upwind at insane speeds with that.

Foiwise nothing revolutionary.. scott babbage and the manta have some cool looking rudders. most guys on exocet small or damic small.

Boatwise, most bieker have gone solid deck, and there are also the european rockets ssd and mantas SSD. Amac the maguires do not seem to have anything really new.

Yesterday was ok for me (it was nuuuuuking on the blue course in the end), today I had small boat issues and did some stupid stuff. time to do some proper boatwork tomorrow morning, to be ready for the worlds...

Lots of on-the-water pictures, but hard to see the technical details. Would be cool if you could take some in the dinghy park. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, barney said:

Lots of on-the-water pictures, but hard to see the technical details. Would be cool if you could take some in the dinghy park. Thanks!

Sorry I couldn't today, cause I had a lot of boat stuff to sort. I'll do tomorrow.

Ps awesome racing today, really glam conditions... 12-18 knots of seabreeze.

only insane thing is that it is midnight and we do not have results yet... We'll see tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 17mika said:

Sorry I couldn't today, cause I had a lot of boat stuff to sort. I'll do tomorrow.

Ps awesome racing today, really glam conditions... 12-18 knots of seabreeze.

only insane thing is that it is midnight and we do not have results yet... We'll see tomorrow morning.

glitch on results page on MBSC website. Meantime you can see them on https://www.facebook.com/downundersail/

They do look nice hey! Lots of different sail brands up there which suprised me. The boats all look pretty different too (M2, exocet, bieker, rocket SSD) seems pretty healthy for the consumer in that class.

Gear on top few afik:

Slingo and Greeny have Exocet boat and foils with North sail, Langford, Babbage, Chew, Funke have Beiker with Swift foils and North, Burton has M2 with Chapman sail and swift. 

Seems as though Mach 2.41 foil is being massively outperformed by the Swift foils and Exocets. From what I can see none of the top guys on it ?  Possibly due to the fact its probably a bit more optimised for 7-17 knots rather then the very top end breeze?

Are all of the top guys on decksweepers or has anyone gone with the Low Aspect ?  Given the breezy venue I'd assume we just haven't seen the lighter wind sails. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ4374 said:

Seems as though Mach 2.41 foil is being massively outperformed by the Swift foils and Exocets. From what I can see none of the top guys on it ?  Possibly due to the fact its probably a bit more optimised for 7-17 knots rather then the very top end breeze?

Are all of the top guys on decksweepers or has anyone gone with the Low Aspect ?  Given the breezy venue I'd assume we just haven't seen the lighter wind sails. 

Everybody is on decksweepers here, basically none on low rig sails.. most of the guys (but not all) on small foils. Slingsby has even a cut-down maguire small which I do not know if he has registered for the event.

It is just too windy here to make normal rigs go fast. Regarding the 2.41, it is very much ok but probably still too big for the venue.

It seems like the swift small is a bit outperforming the maguire small on the downwinds. All biekers on swift are hugely fast on the downwinds.

Yesterday it was light by perth standards and still on the west course it was 15-18 knots, 12-16 on the east . Today we're expecting 18-24 on the west course, a bit less on the east.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil S said:

Gear on top few afik:

Slingo and Greeny have Exocet boat and foils with North sail, Langford, Babbage, Chew, Funke have Beiker with Swift foils and North, Burton has M2 with Chapman sail and swift. 

Was tom on maguire foils? I thought he was on a swift yesterday. Anyway everybody is very close, just slingsby is killing it on the upwinds... I guess 95kg hiking as hell matter for upwind speed.

Anyway in the first 4 places is 

1st maguire, 2nd bieker, 3rd mach2, 4th manta. Definitely lots of fast kit.

I am 66th place :( lost stupidily 3 points by not on checking out and did some bad starts, than sailed pretty well for my standards. Gold fleet is not that far away. Can anybody borrow me 20 kg?

• Like 1

Interesting comments about problems with heat in the boat park potential damage if everything tensioner up and expanding..

"The key was to not put your boat under any tension and leave it in the sun as gear breakages were occurring before people even left the water with carbon parts not withstanding the heat – most competitors were hosing down their boats every 5mins to keep things cool. "

I  think the only Beiker boat with Beiker foils is Dean Souter, others all have Swift afik. Luka dealt with McKay to get more speed after Ben Newling then Scott put Swifts on in Sydney and jumped ahead. The Manta has different foils again with very cleaver lower hinge.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Phil S said:

I  think the only Beiker boat with Beiker foils is Dean Souter, others all have Swift afik. Luka dealt with McKay to get more speed after Ben Newling then Scott put Swifts on in Sydney and jumped ahead. The Manta has different foils again with very cleaver lower hinge.

Only stefano is using manta foils. Checco is on maguire foil, cause he wanted more tested foils for this worlds.

I agree manta foils are very cool, and look veery fast... pretty extreme for a construction point of view. 

I did not have time to do some shots yesterday. Will do tomorow hopefully. Today I finally found a good upwind pace by better setting the rig... yesterday I narrowly missed gold fleet, hope for some good silver racing in the big breeze tomorrow!

Some interesting points to note:

Both Tom Burton and Kyle Langford selling their boats, Kyle's at 28k, with 2 other Bieker's having gone up for sail at much the same price.(only 12 have been built), so 25% of the Biekers in the world now for sale, strange I think given how fast they appear to be at this worlds? Are they simply upgrading or are they thinking the boats are going to end up breaking ? Did spot a picture of Kyle draining his on the Moth worlds Facebook page the other day and looks like he had some issues with his bowsprit on day 2.  Just seen Kyle isnt selling any swift small or swift rudder with his boat.... Probably hanging onto them.

Tom Burton listing his for sale is maybe slightly more understandable given he has the more traditional straight wings and some modified struts. Yesterday though he also put a Questionnaire on his instagram story asking 'which moth is fastest? a.Bieker b. Mach 2 C. Exocet where he had the correct answer marked as Bieker.

Maybe just banter but maybe a slight insight into the consensus at the top end of the fleet? Tom Slingsby on his Exocet looking hard to beat.

Looking forward to the live stream.

• Like 1

Kyle broke the bowsprit hitting stefano's gantry on the dw gate yesterday. I have no insight about the sales, it may just be cash out in an event where the bueker look good, and they either quit or upgrade to a mackay built boat.

Yep tommy seeems very hard to beat. He is uncatchable upwind in the breeze, and it will be blowing 15-20 for the next couple of days.

Sorry to interupt you for a geek question: Is Tommy the 95 kg baby as above mentionned ?

If I am not wrong, it seems that in the A-Cat serie, the uncatchable guy in the breeze is Mischa, quite an heavy baby too. (I do not mention Mr Ashby as it is common knowledge he is in another league).

So,can we conclude that foiling boats provide so much apparent wind that righting moment is king ?

Cheers

Erwan

Upwind in breeze righting moment is king on any high performance boat, or any sailboat for that matter! The biggest issue is that normally on a floating boat you pay a penalty for this weight downwind. That is somewhat true on a foiler as well but good skills can more readily compensate downwind. That being said, I don’t expect being heavy at the next A-Cat Worlds will be a benefit, as the predicted average wind speed is on the low end of the spectrum and I expect several races to be completed in non-foiling mode. Some U.S competitors are even thinking about entering classic boats in the open fleet...

Back to Moths, I suspect most wouldn’t want to sail north of 85kg at a more average venue, but as a light day in Perth is 12-15kts, staying at the upper end of the weight range makes sense for this Worlds.

Re Bieker moth: As a new complete Mackay build is $28k US, it’s just smart business to sell your slightly used but well tuned example for the same price! If I was jumping into the class though I would be looking for a used Exocet as that platform has shown consistent speed when upgraded for the past 3-4 years and the support from the builder appears second to none. The Bieker or used Mach 2 also seem like solid choices with more availability.

• Like 2

Thanks Sam,

12-15 knts a light day!!  I understand now why Australians are fast in the breeze.

Hope we will have pictures of the bottom of the DS Sails and others interesting new details. 

Cheers

Erwan

14 hours ago, 17mika said:

Kyle broke the bowsprit hitting stefano's gantry on the dw gate yesterday. I have no insight about the sales, it may just be cash out in an event where the bueker look good, and they either quit or upgrade to a mackay built boat.

Yep tommy seeems very hard to beat. He is uncatchable upwind in the breeze, and it will be blowing 15-20 for the next couple of days.

It's Perth... It's gonna be blowing 15-20 for the next 3 months

15 hours ago, DJ4374 said:

Some interesting points to note:

Both Tom Burton and Kyle Langford selling their boats, Kyle's at 28k, with 2 other Bieker's having gone up for sail at much the same price.(only 12 have been built), so 25% of the Biekers in the world now for sale, strange I think given how fast they appear to be at this worlds? Are they simply upgrading or are they thinking the boats are going to end up breaking ? Did spot a picture of Kyle draining his on the Moth worlds Facebook page the other day and looks like he had some issues with his bowsprit on day 2.  Just seen Kyle isnt selling any swift small or swift rudder with his boat.... Probably hanging onto them.

Tom Burton listing his for sale is maybe slightly more understandable given he has the more traditional straight wings and some modified struts. Yesterday though he also put a Questionnaire on his instagram story asking 'which moth is fastest? a.Bieker b. Mach 2 C. Exocet where he had the correct answer marked as Bieker.

Maybe just banter but maybe a slight insight into the consensus at the top end of the fleet? Tom Slingsby on his Exocet looking hard to beat.

Looking forward to the live stream.

That Bieker moth looks great out there, been out sailing or on the powerboat heaps lately, and they really look the goods on the water.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, Phil S said:

The Manta has different foils again with very cleaver lower hinge.

hey Phil, any chance you have a pic of the manta foil?

15 hours ago, ASA said:

LIVE STREAM - GOLD FLEET RACING

https://www.facebook.com/downundersail/

Check you local times for Start time

Coverage and commentary was really good with just only two drones. Really good job! If only the video quality could be better. I'd rather watch a full length recording in good quality than shitty quality live though.

• Like 1

Few boatpark pics uploaded on my fb (michele trimarchi). That foot of sai from above is rob's decksweeper with added camber in the lower batten. Foils are ghe 2 maninfoil and the rudder from manta. Biker ssd is the one of babbage.

• Like 1

Just wanted to note my awe and admiration at Tom Slingsby's performance this worlds .... just breathtaking to watch  ... big preparation in Sydney before heading West, and then some extraordinary sailing in a fine, fine field!! What an event!

• Like 2

Tom Slingsby already world champ with a day to spare. Simply in a class of his own. Had a significant speed advantage, and sailed impeccably.

Nick Flutter, too busy for photos, see Michele's FB page.

Congratuations to Tom, amazing no fuss win. 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 11:11 AM, 17mika said:

Few boatpark pics uploaded on my fb (michele trimarchi). That foot of sai from above is rob's decksweeper with added camber in the lower batten. Foils are ghe 2 maninfoil and the rudder from manta. Biker ssd is the one of babbage.

Hey Michele,

You got some great coverage on the live stream when you came second in race 8.  Check it out.  Well done.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DtM said:

Hey Michele,

You got some great coverage on the live stream when you came second in race 8.  Check it out.  Well done.

Ahah just saw it! At least the captured on camera a good tack :D

Probably Ishould have jibed on tony, but he was much faster than me downwind, so I tried to stay in different breeze, cause in the same breeze he would have killed me. but I massively overlayed the finish and got killed anyway. Very fun race though :)

Also, looking at the video, few good mothies told me i should hike also dw, if there is decent pressure, which is not something I often do.

• Like 2

Great interview with Amac taking everyone through his thought process of the MACH2 and how it remains an accessible, competitive platform for people all through the fleet.

• Like 1

I have to say, given the awesomeness of this series I am a little surprised it hasn't attracted wider attention & commentary on the SA forums.

Wish I could have been there!

1 hour ago, Chidz said:

I have to say, given the awesomeness of this series I am a little surprised it hasn't attracted wider attention & commentary on the SA forums.

Wish I could have been there!

Been following closely.  Awesome sailing and trying to get some secrets for I-14 Worlds on the same water in another couple weeks.

2 hours ago, BWR said:

Been following closely.  Awesome sailing and trying to get some secrets for I-14 Worlds on the same water in another couple weeks.

Mhh my advice it would be "start well, go left, minimize the tacks and do not run aground"

Ah yeah I forgot, and if you are on the west course, take a breath before the bearaway in the million knots gust that you always get at the mark :D

• Like 2

Over our two weeks the Freemantle Doctor only made token visits. Other than one hot 10 - 15kt easterly, we had 10 - 20kt S/SW every day. As Michele says keep left. Hope the Sharpies next week and the I14s in Jan have as much fun as we did. Going home to smokey Sydney today.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, but you weren't supposed to tell everyone!  That was certainly my guess from watching the the racing.  Worried about the water statement as we do have long skinny boards, certainly won't be all the way down, but still wonder how much water is there as we'll need all of 4' for the rudders at least.

• Like 1

BWR: The east course first shallow from the start is of SoPYC, check the charts, there is a big bank short of the headland. The next point up on the left with the flash houses has shallow water a long way out but only half as far as the poles, it was on the east course lay from the start one time, you can easilly miss the poles and go in too far. I did. No idea about the right except for Pelican Point right outside MBSC, the right was not popular all week. Moths can go over quite shallow water when foiling but if you tack and/or come down its a long walk out with the boat on its side until chest deep when you can even get back on board.

The finals videos show Tom doing one tack works so they must have moved the east course right a bit to miss the shallow I got stuck on in the prelim series.

No detracting from the regatta or the venue. We had some of the best conditions and racing anywhere I have sailed moths. I would rather have a few obstructions than the bigger waves you get from most more open venues.

• Like 1

gee, I have to say that those recommendations haven't changed since the late 70s and early 80s!
Go left young man!!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:37 AM, Phil S said:

BWR: The east course first shallow from the start is of SoPYC, check the charts, there is a big bank short of the headland. The next point up on the left with the flash houses has shallow water a long way out but only half as far as the poles, it was on the east course lay from the start one time, you can easilly miss the poles and go in too far. I did. No idea about the right except for Pelican Point right outside MBSC, the right was not popular all week. Moths can go over quite shallow water when foiling but if you tack and/or come down its a long walk out with the boat on its side until chest deep when you can even get back on board.

The finals videos show Tom doing one tack works so they must have moved the east course right a bit to miss the shallow I got stuck on in the prelim series.

No detracting from the regatta or the venue. We had some of the best conditions and racing anywhere I have sailed moths. I would rather have a few obstructions than the bigger waves you get from most more open venues.

Good stuff, Phil.

Is there any tide / change of water level?
And / or any current in the river?
Cheers
Dan

Negligible tides in Swan/Melville Water, (until you get down past the courses towards Freo.)

Not much traffic either, the river is very organised. We had times when the river was allocated for local yacht club racing and we needed to finish our races early. The inverse is we never had any other fleets racing on our course, and except for weekends very few motor boats either. A glorious place to have a regatta.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Holman said:

Good stuff, Phil.

Is there any tide / change of water level?
And / or any current in the river?
Cheers
Dan

Dan, not much current but there is some, it is a river, but nothing really to worry about for a fast boat, it is salt water, lots of jelly fish in certain sections, there are dolphins and a few small bull sharks, no weed, the water level goes up and down really mainly on the weather system, maybe 10cm tide, in an I14 I wouldn’t worry about current/tide in any way, we haven’t had much rain so there won’t be too much water coming down, January might be a bit busier with river traffic due to school holidays. As for depth 40/50ft yachts race on the river, there are some shallows at the sides, but they are marked. Crab pots are sometimes out early morning, but they have enough sense to pull them if there is an event on. Left usually pays but don’t be scared to play the shifts.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, ASA said:

Great interview with Amac taking everyone through his thought process of the MACH2 and how it remains an accessible, competitive platform for people all through the fleet.

Last day of racing was really good. Tom's commentary was interesting, so was the silver fleet racing!

Great interviews as well.

Interesting that Amac is betting on the larger wings, while Greenhalgh is saying the small wings of the Bieker is better.

Also, KA stopped making standard non-DS sails? Are we really at the point where they are really that good in the light marginal winds?

Straight booms could really make a comeback with the kingposts getting longer again, otherwise the mast could just snap if the boom is attached higher up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, barney said:

Last day of racing was really good. Tom's commentary was interesting, so was the silver fleet racing!

Great interviews as well.

Interesting that Amac is betting on the larger wings, while Greenhalgh is saying the small wings of the Bieker is better.

Also, KA stopped making standard non-DS sails? Are we really at the point where they are really that good in the light marginal winds?

Straight booms could really make a comeback with the kingposts getting longer again, otherwise the mast could just snap if the boom is attached higher up.

Bieker are definitely fast upwind, i think Amac would go for smaller wings if he had to do a mach 3.0

Lots of discussion now about flow attachment on leeward wing... lots of cfd and analysis with good old tell tales atrached to the wings. 

Silver fleet racing on screen was a bit embarassing :D I should have jibed like 30 second before than what I did, and I would have won the race :(. Still it was a first for me to lead a race with 50 boats on both upwinds, so it was fun!

• Like 4

Also the second episode is about the worlds: chat with Kyle about Tommy's boat: 

Appreciate the new uploads, have you guys considered doing more because of the new boats in the class? The early podcasts are a great listen

On 1/15/2020 at 2:03 AM, RYANIRL said:

Appreciate the new uploads, have you guys considered doing more because of the new boats in the class? The early podcasts are a great listen

We are doing a LOT more ... there are more shows up on YouTube, go to https://mothcast.net/ and you will find them