couchsurfer

The BEST AC VIDEO's....

Okay let's cut to the chase.   

These are pretty amazing boats,, I'd love to see some video's ,, but frankly I can't be bothered to sift through all the AC bafflegab to find them.  I'm sure i'm not alone. 

Post your favorites here,, we'll have a nice chronology of development, to view at will!  :) 

here's one....   

• Like 1

Seems you'll be short of material for a while. No bugger wants to share.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, Sailbydate said:

Seems you'll be short of material for a while. No bugger wants to share.

Yeah certainly seems that way. More so with Ineos and Luna Rossa. 

Your topic header is ambiguous in meaning. I believe you meant the Best _AC75_ footage. If you meant 'best of anytime' footage, then some of the 12's, submarining in the 'Doctor' in 1987 is top of my list

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 4:29 AM, couchsurfer said:

Okay let's cut to the chase.   

These are pretty amazing boats,, I'd love to see some video's ,, but frankly I can't be bothered to sift through all the AC bafflegab to find them.  I'm sure i'm not alone. 

Post your favorites here,, we'll have a nice chronology of development, to view at will!  :) 

here's one....   

Nice but again, why cutting the end when we want to see how different hulls behave when touching water...

On 11/6/2019 at 12:03 PM, barfy said:

Old old news SR

Not old news if you ain't seen it before,, thanks Stingray;)

• Like 1

Heyy,thanks to those of you dropping videos here.

For those of us that aren't here so often any more, it's a good way to keep up to date as these rather amazing boats evolve.   Cheers!;)

30 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

That is a good one. The way those IACC boats could 360!

Indeed, plus the ballet is a thing of beauty. And the dial-up, wow, they did hold it for a long time...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Indeed, plus the ballet is a thing of beauty. And the dial-up, wow, they did hold it for a long time...

I loved watching those dial ups in the day

• Like 2

love watching those old races... so much tactics and boat handling involved rather than just flying in, and the timing the start line and blasting .... miss those starts :(

• Like 2

I was only a newborn during these races good to see them online.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, The Profit said:

If you like match racing (not currently part of the America's Cup), this video is one of the all-time greats.  It was Chris Dickson's last race on an AC boat......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1hYEuJWjW8

A much appreciated blast from the past, thank you!

The style, the grace and the intensity of these boats and races is, at least for me, way beyond anything on  foils. A thing of beauty vs an Excel spreadsheet ...

I think, the current AC is trapped in the same technological overkill as F1 or Formula E ... the technological advances are really impressive but lack the soul of something made and driven by human beings, inculding all the shortcomings (which, in my book, give them the breath of life).

For the same reasons I probably still prefer the Blues and Motown to contemporaray pitch-perfect, steady and boring charts music.

It's the same thing, really ... boats, racing, music, food, cars, bikes, last but not least: people ... or maybe I'm just getting old. If so, more power to me! =)

• Like 1

First time I’ve seen Wind Gods posted full-length on YouTube

Uploaded 5 years ago bro ;-) - it was text book narcism vanity press stuff back then... even more laughable now... that LE hasn't done an BA and scrubbed this from the internet continues the embarrassment.

Life could not provide a better real-life imitation for Shelley's art

Ozymandias_The_Examiner_1818.jpg.1975076b991963e18fe362ca36e049ba.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Uploaded 5 years ago bro ;-) - it was text book narcism vanity press stuff back then... even more laughable now... that LE hasn't done an BA and scrubbed this from the internet continues the embarrassment.

Life could not provide a better real-life imitation for Shelley's art

Ozymandias_The_Examiner_1818.jpg.1975076b991963e18fe362ca36e049ba.jpg

The late Karen Southwick ended her book Everyone Else Must Fail with that comparison.  

The world will remember Gates and Allen and even Dorsey longer and better. 

10 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Uploaded 5 years ago bro ;-) - it was text book narcism vanity press stuff back then...

Sure, and produced by one of his kid’s movie studio but guess what? It may be the most ‘cinematic’ of AC videos ever produced. It also stars CZ, DZ and an epic DoG Match, one I even attended, so forgive me for having some appreciation of it. :)

Yes, Paul Allen is perhaps my favorite guy of all syndicate backers I’m familiar with. RIP. 

^uh, the forum quote gremlins struck. The quote is actually from a post by @rh3000

7 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

^uh, the forum quote gremlins struck. The quote is actually from a post by @rh3000

Nonsense it was clew all the way - everyone knows what a big Larry fan I am! :D

@rh3000 I have been hearing that from a lot of people, everyone's saying it. 

PS is Larry still taking the chloroquine he got T to take or was that just a combo of a bet with Musk and the need to get more (nonrevenue) cloud customers via the COVID19 database before the earnings call?  :)

• Like 1

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say LR at 3:55 is *smokin*

• Like 1

Indeed!

Given that Te Aihe is now officially rubbish and well, those other 2 garbage barges :(, if PB can just keep his cool it's as good as dusted!

Why the hell he didn't try for a 25-35kn range I truly don't understand

14 hours ago, nav said:

Indeed!

Given that Te Aihe is now officially rubbish and well, those other 2 garbage barges :(, if PB can just keep his cool it's as good as dusted!

Why the hell he didn't try for a 25-35kn range I truly don't understand

Well, from the recent blurbs about te aihe, I'm probably wrong about them being keen to sail her.

Just seems sad for the mean little hawk, maybe redundant. Like so many here.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, Stingray~ said:

First time I’ve seen Wind Gods posted full-length on YouTube

That movie is serious finger down the throat stuff.  If yo have money you can pay for people to make a movie about you, to attempt to make you look like a 'Wind God'.

But he should have asked for his money back.  The producers succeeded in making him look sort of gay-ish, NTTAWWT.  But it probably the most self indulgent piece I have ever seen.

When it came out I struggled though it, but it was a struggle.  Bad memories.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, astro said:

That movie is serious finger down the throat stuff.  If yo have money you can pay for people to make a movie about you, to attempt to make you look like a 'Wind God'.

But he should have asked for his money back.  The producers succeeded in making him look sort of gay-ish, NTTAWWT.  But it probably the most self indulgent piece I have ever seen.

The Jeremy Irons narration is unbelievably creepy. Almost as creepy as Larry's voice as he is positioning himself for history.  If one has not seen it and is curious, put it on mute and fast forward thru the parts with Larry onscreen. There are some sailing bits but not enough. Pity. That boat was a glorious monster

7 hours ago, astro said:

I think Larry paid his son to do it. No need to ask for the money back.

4 hours ago, pusslicker said:

I think Larry paid his son to do it. No need to ask for the money back.

That's worse.

1 minute ago, astro said:

That's worse.

True. Narcism AND nepotism.

Sounds like someone else he is aligned with eh.

3 hours ago, rh3000 said:

True. Narcism AND nepotism.

Sounds like someone else he is aligned with eh.

The #chloroquine king maker? How's that working out?

• Like 1