Editor

what is it?

Too much work! Doesn't appear to be very fast?

Looks like the Stealth Dinghy (think that is right) that Tim Kernan designed when he was in LB.

2 hours ago, Editor said:

nope!

The video has a good shot of the sail at about the 2:00 mark.  Sure looks like the pic on post #1...

Very interesting little boat, I hadn't seen that one before.  I like it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spectator said:

Flo1 by Aeronamics

maxresdefault.jpg

the sail looks right but everything else is not matching up. flo1 has shrouds and foils. boat in OPs photo has neither. Also the mainsheet runs to a rear traveler on flo1 and the original image above has center boom mainsheeting.

It almost looks like an RS Aero with a melges 14 sail

14 minutes ago, dgmckim said:

the sail looks right but everything else is not matching up. flo1 has shrouds and foils. boat in OPs photo has neither. Also the mainsheet runs to a rear traveler on flo1 and the original image above has center boom mainsheeting.

You're right, I was way off,

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 9.55.16 PM.png

Also in the original photo there appears there may be a provision for a sprit. Is that possible without shrouds?

1 hour ago, thengling said:

Also in the original photo there appears there may be a provision for a sprit. Is that possible without shrouds?

Yes, plenty of boats do that...Devoti D-One as one example.

19 minutes ago, WCB said:

Yes, plenty of boats do that...Devoti D-One as one example.

the more I look... I think that may be it. I second the D-One as the pictured boat

A D-One has wings and a way different vang set up. 

Right, it's not a Devoti D-One. @dgmckim, I was pointing out that a D-One has an unstayed rig with an assymetrical spinnaker and sprit, which @thengling was asking if was possible.

22 minutes ago, dgmckim said:

ok what about a benji 380

Nice rip someone’s face off musical accompaniment in that video. Jesus.

38 minutes ago, Johannos said:

Lowrider L12 from AST, the foiling dinghy non foiling version.

Looks like you nailed it. From their website:

L12-Lowrider-downwind sunset

• Like 1

Lots of singlehanders around these days.

2 hours ago, Johannos said:

Lowrider L12 from AST, the foiling dinghy non foiling version.

Congrats, Johannos! Thx @Editorfor the WHAT IS IT post.

We proudly introduce the newest family member: The Foiling Dinghy non-foiling, the L12 Lowrider. We would like to give you a 10% discount on the L12 as special introductory price. This offer is only valid for orders until November 30th, 2019. Visit our website for more information: https://advancedsailingtechnologies.com/BOATS/LOWRIDER-L12/ or have a look to the brochure attached.

The L12 builds on the very successful design of The Foiling Dinghy with #91 built in October 2019. It's a simple and easy to use dinghy with an outstanding performance. With its wide planing hull it offers sensational and fast downwind rides and still gives you a lot of stability for quick upwind sailing. It's the latest hull design on the dinghy market with a wave piercing bow. The comfortable cockpit with EVA non-skid invites you to enjoy sailing. Thanks to the ergonomic design all controls are within reach. All controls are supplied with high quality hardware and (dyneema) ropes - because performance matters. The powerful rig of the L12 comes with a carbon mast with track and halyard to fit the 7.5m² or 9.5m² North Sails fully-battened laminate sail. Our promise: It only takes 5min to get ready to sail. The L12 is built in carbon reinforced epoxy sandwich applying vacuum infusion technology. This provides the highest quality available on the market and ensures absolute one design, with a hull weight of 30kg. With that weight you can easily transport the boat on your car roof. Made in Germany. Be the first to spread the news and the very first sailing video: https://youtu.be/Tll0Pl77WMk!

Follow us.

Facebook:              https://www.facebook.com/ASTyachts (@ASTyachts)
Instagram:             
https://www.instagram.com/astyachts/ (@astyachts)
YouTube:                https://youtu.be/Tll0Pl77WMk
https://advancedsailingtechnologies.com/BOATS/LOWRIDER-L12/

Boat shows to meet.

Paris Boat Show (December 7th-15th, 2019) // World Premiere
boot Düsseldorf (January 18th-26th, 2020)
RYA Dinghy Show (February 29th - March 1st, 2020)

L12-Lowrider-bird's view.jpeg

L12-Lowrider-rigged_ashore_1.jpeg

L12-Lowrider-brochure-English.pdf

Must admit I just don't see the advantage of the reverse bow on a normal dinghy which will inevitably have flared topsides. It means you actually have a blunter entry angle than you would otherwise. Slab sided hulls like cats, canoes or moths are another matter. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

If I hear that song again, I swear I'll be spittin blood.  It's as bad as the Reid Stowe clip.   :mellow:

14 hours ago, JimC said:

Must admit I just don't see the advantage of the reverse bow on a normal dinghy which will inevitably have flared topsides. It means you actually have a blunter entry angle than you would otherwise. Slab sided hulls like cats, canoes or moths are another matter. 

Some things are form over function

1959-Cadillac-Eldorado-e1559119162357.we