dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2020

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

So this just happened.... It appears our multi regatta (Lock Crowther memorial regatta) in Pittwater has now been canceled on the long weekend.
I understand AS won't sanction visiting yachts coming to an event.  I assume this means the locals can still hold it. 
Does anyone have more on this...?
Post below is from the multi thread...



 image.thumb.png.d8f119911abb8c3f34f332d52d0f0851.png

Damn - I was going to hit you up for a ride for that one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

So this just happened.... It appears our multi regatta (Lock Crowther memorial regatta) in Pittwater has now been canceled on the long weekend.
I understand AS won't sanction visiting yachts coming to an event.  I assume this means the locals can still hold it. 
Does anyone have more on this...?
Post below is from the multi thread...



 image.thumb.png.d8f119911abb8c3f34f332d52d0f0851.png

I've heard the plan is to just hold a 2 day regatta Sat/Sun for local boats and Just cancel the Crowther until next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Pil, the direction from Aus Sailing means other boats can't come to Cronulla, you have to stay in your own duck pond.

Yes but Dick D can come to Cronulla and sail with me..... this was my offer ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As are only playing by Department of Health rules which have asked for Nationals, States, Regionals and other (what we would call) regattas not to be held.

In effect, keep your sporting circle as small and local as possible. Or, as was said, play in your own duck pond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Pil, the direction from Aus Sailing means other boats can't come to Cronulla, you have to stay in your own duck pond.

Wait till you hear about the Brisbane to Keppel & the 70 boat fleet at ABRW & not one case of Rona. 
 

Over 18500 tests in Qld & Nsw in 24 hours with two local cases. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Yes but Dick D can come to Cronulla and sail with me..... this was my offer ...

Shire visa required?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CYCA has just cancelled a planned TP52 “regatta” which was scheduled for sep 5/6 also due to the impact of the above mentioned rules. There were 9 or 10 boats entered. No word yet on the rest of the sailing season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eastcoastlow said:

CYCA has just cancelled a planned TP52 “regatta” which was scheduled for sep 5/6 also due to the impact of the above mentioned rules. There were 9 or 10 boats entered. No word yet on the rest of the sailing season...

RPAYC have cancelled all Pointscore races as of today until the end of September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rumpig said:

RPAYC have cancelled all Pointscore races as of today until the end of September

Well, they've actually made all races until September non-pointscore... There's still racing ;)

Edit: As long as you live in the "Region" that is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

copies from the CYCA website:

ROLEX SYDNEY HOBART YACHT RACE

We are aware many owners, crews and stakeholders are eager for a decision on the status of the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race and the remaining Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore races.

A large portion of the meeting was spent discussing a risk analysis and matrix that had been prepared by the Sailing Committee and the Management Team. It was agreed that we will continue to work towards a decision in mid-October as we continuously consult with the stakeholders of the race in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most events seem happy to put a line through things this year, CYCA seem eager to put it on. Tasmania seems frigid, by all meanings :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Most events seem happy to put a line through things this year, CYCA seem eager to put it on. Tasmania seems frigid, by all meanings :) 

Of course they're eager to put it on, and why wouldn't they be?  that said I'm not betting that it'll happen.  Strong headwinds in every sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

Of course they're eager to put it on, and why wouldn't they be?  that said I'm not betting that it'll happen.  Strong headwinds in every sense.

 

I can think of a few. Risk of an outbreak in Tasmania. Risk of overwhelming public health resources in Tasmania, as Annatascia says “Qld hospitals are for Qld’rs” Financial consequences for Tasmania for reintroducing limitations if an outbreak occurred. Political opposition to allowing crews & services into Tasmania. Public sentiment for allowing 1000+ Crews & owners into the state, last time a 1000 ppl got off a boat it didn’t work out to well. Crews and owners in a holding pattern for spending & training. Lack of competition due to indecision & time from “mid October” to get a boat & crew ready. Potential liability on the clubs for all of the above. Potential financial losses for the clubs for costs incurred to plan the race but not put it on.

Id love to see it happen - I’m team open up & get on with it. I don’t think the wait & see approach does anyone any good, not working out for Andrews at the moment either. If the stakeholders (clubs, owners, crews, state & federal governments inc health departments) won’t commit now what is going to change in the six weeks to mid October? A lot of maybe’s from stakeholders are going to be no’s when these ppl have to sign on the dotted line & risk the public & their jobs. I really can’t see the tassie side playing ball at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be booking a flight home now, not many flights atm. The race crew might have to do deliveries..egads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't have that,  if they find out how good life is with the dodger, auto pilot, little delivery main, roller headsail, not to mention being able to motor trough the light stuff & hide from the nasty stuff.  We'll never get them off next time,  and the fridge(s) & oven are only so big!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

Can't have that,  if they find out how good life is with the dodger, auto pilot, little delivery main, roller headsail, not to mention being able to motor trough the light stuff & hide from the nasty stuff.  We'll never get them off next time,  and the fridge(s) & oven are only so big!

Are we taking about the x50? That looks like a bloody awesome boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's her.  And yes sails well,  (as long as you ignore IRC),  warm dry & comfy with choice of rum or G&T at 1600.

Of course the deliveries are nicer,  and there may be an extra beverage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

That's her.  And yes sails well,  (as long as you ignore IRC),  warm dry & comfy with choice of rum or G&T at 1600.

Of course the deliveries are nicer,  and there may be an extra beverage!

And a few more bunk choices I’m sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chucky said:

copies from the CYCA website:

ROLEX SYDNEY HOBART YACHT RACE

We are aware many owners, crews and stakeholders are eager for a decision on the status of the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race and the remaining Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore races.

A large portion of the meeting was spent discussing a risk analysis and matrix that had been prepared by the Sailing Committee and the Management Team. It was agreed that we will continue to work towards a decision in mid-October as we continuously consult with the stakeholders of the race in the meantime.

And if you have ever been in a Tasmanian hospital you would be telling the RC, hell no!

So don't kid yourself the Tasmanian health system is part of a first world country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TUBBY said:

That's her.  And yes sails well,  (as long as you ignore IRC),  warm dry & comfy with choice of rum or G&T at 1600.

Of course the deliveries are nicer,  and there may be an extra beverage!

And a choice of Shiraz or Cabernet to accompany the Beef Wellington?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason AUS said:

And a choice of Shiraz or Cabernet to accompany the Beef Wellington?

That just made me both hungry and  thirsty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I’d be booking a flight home now, not many flights atm. The race crew might have to do deliveries..egads!

Race crews are doing a lot of jobs they they haven't had to at the moment... like lawn mowing.... It's like going back to good old days of no paid crew. I seriously do feel for all out of work though ....

8 hours ago, TUBBY said:

Who drinks Cabernet?  And as for the hot shower there are 4!

Jas does with his Beef Wellington 
BTW... This is to die for... although deathly expensive        https://online.vicsmeat.com.au/search?q=Beef+Wellington

And these......        https://online.vicsmeat.com.au/search?q=Spring+rolls
And their Wagyu collection..mmmmmm       https://online.vicsmeat.com.au/collections/specialty-items/products/wagyu-12-hour-texas-style-bbq-brisket-pasties-2-x-pieces-270-290g-approx-580g

Hobart is GOOOOOOOONE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight thread drift. But if we lose a summer of race programmes, will the Corinthian Division gain a whole lot of ex pros who are now hammer hands or in sales?

Auckland has ex-Volvo sailors everywhere and they either still sail for fun or have bought launches. But the Sydney air always seemed a bit more rarefied to me once you went beyond the truely good folk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Jas does with his Beef Wellington 

I drink Cabernet when you’ve drunk all the Shiraz!

And never forget... friends don’t let friends drink rose.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jason AUS said:

I drink Cabernet when you’ve drunk all the Shiraz!

And never forget... friends don’t let friends drink rose.

Seriously, you are racing to the island of pinot heaven and you are drinking shiraz

And you think that the best cool climate pinots ever make it retail outlets on the mainland.

But for you Jas, I could even arrange delivery of a case out of my rows!

The cellar is off limits though, I only collect two types of wine and one is Tas pinot and have been doing so since 98.

sorry Jas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Livia said:

Seriously, you are racing to the island of pinot heaven and you are drinking shiraz

And you think that the best cool climate pinots ever make it retail outlets on the mainland.

But for you Jas, I could even arrange delivery of a case out of my rows!

The cellar is off limits though, I only collect two types of wine and one is Tas pinot and have been doing so since 98.

sorry Jas

Jason couldn't keep up with you and your finely tuned body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Phil said:

Jason couldn't keep up with you and your finely tuned body.

You owe me a new keyboard Phil! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

Jason couldn't keep up with you and your finely tuned body.

and my training regime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 11:41 AM, SCANAS said:

I

Mr Bradford weighs in. 
 

Sydney to Hobart skippers fear the race will be cancelled this year because of coronavirus concerns but one suggests a delayed decision may help the struggling marine industry.

Organisers say they will decide in October whether the yacht race can go ahead on Boxing Day.

Mark Bradford, captain of supermaxi Black Jack, said Australia's marine industry was hanging in the balance in the wake of coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Bradford, who also runs Sydney sailmakers North Sails, wants the decision to proceed pushed back until November.

 

He said an October decision would give people too much time to pull out, allowing them to avoid spending money on preparing their boats.

"But that's a selfish view because I wear the hat of someone who wants to see the industry succeed," Mr Bradford said.

"The race gets sailed and we all get to sell sails and feed our family. That's our preference but we understand that it's not all about the economics."

Fellow Sydney to Hobart competitor Duncan Hine, skipper of Alive, said people were pessimistic about the chances of the race going ahead.

"I think the likelihood is fairly slim at the present," Mr Hine said.

"People are going to be pressed to get their boats ready on time in the end."

Mr Hine said competitors would look at setting up an alternative race if the Sydney to Hobart was cancelled but it would depend on state border closures.

"I can't see much relief at the present. It's just one of those things really," he said.

"There's always been a provision to postpone [the Sydney to Hobart] for weather reasons. It almost falls in the same sort of scenario."

Mr Hine and Mr Bradford both said sponsors may also be hesitant to lend their name to an event that could lead to a coronavirus outbreak.

Perpetual Loyal skipper Tom Slingsby said the sailing industry was nowhere near as strong as it was pre-COVID-19, with even sanctioned racing in Sydney harbour banned.

"All I know is everyone's in limbo and really wanting an answer," he said.

Mr Slingsby, who will compete in next year's SailGP league, said people were nervous with so many sail events being cancelled worldwide.

Cruising Yacht Club of Australia Commodore Noel Cornish said the club was aiming for an October update.

"The current situation in relation to COVID-19 in Australia and across the world is dynamic," Mr Cornish said.

"We appreciate everyone’s patience in what is a very challenging time for all."

Mr Bradford said even if the Sydney to Hobart didn't go ahead, yachts would still have to prepare for other, smaller races planned for early 2021.

"The marine industry really hinges on this race," he said.

There were also flow-on effects for the hospitality and tourism industries as well, he said.

Mr Cornish said the yacht club wanted to hold the race in the most appropriate way possible.

"Our thoughts and best wishes go to those affected by the pandemic across Australia and around the world," he said.

"It is important as a leader in our sport, that the CYCA does the right thing in regards to the running of the [race]."

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 8:59 AM, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Jas does with his Beef Wellington 
BTW... This is to die for... although deathly expensive     

Mate that's not a piece of beef. :lol:

IMG_20200605_222206.jpg

bw-process.jpg.1e62bcffd5b3a0c3c953f7c80c5d3afe.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given these recommendations from World Sailing issued in August, the likelihood of this race in 2020 is minimal in my opinion.... Christmas Day in self isolation with your team would be interesting!

F. Period of self-isolation prior to race start
Participants in Category 0 and 1 race should self-isolate for a period of 14 days prior to race start. However, if PCR testing is undertaken, this period of self-isolation may be reasonably reduced to 5 days (see Section G: Pre-race COVID-19 PCR testing).
However, the crew should stay strictly self-isolated in their extended team (including boat and shore team members) avoiding all outside contact. Attention must be paid to required activities such as re-provisioning, health checks, team logistics, to ensure these are undertaken in the safest manner possible.

WorldSailingOffshoreYachtRacingAddendumforCVGEOVer7.403092020MD-[26370].pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Mr Bradford weighs in. 
 

Sydney to Hobart skippers fear the race will be cancelled this year because of coronavirus concerns but one suggests a delayed decision may help the struggling marine industry.

Organisers say they will decide in October whether the yacht race can go ahead on Boxing Day.

Mark Bradford, captain of supermaxi Black Jack, said Australia's marine industry was hanging in the balance in the wake of coronavirus pandemic.

Mr Bradford, who also runs Sydney sailmakers North Sails, wants the decision to proceed pushed back until November.

 

He said an October decision would give people too much time to pull out, allowing them to avoid spending money on preparing their boats.

"But that's a selfish view because I wear the hat of someone who wants to see the industry succeed," Mr Bradford said.

"The race gets sailed and we all get to sell sails and feed our family. That's our preference but we understand that it's not all about the economics."

Fellow Sydney to Hobart competitor Duncan Hine, skipper of Alive, said people were pessimistic about the chances of the race going ahead.

"I think the likelihood is fairly slim at the present," Mr Hine said.

"People are going to be pressed to get their boats ready on time in the end."

Mr Hine said competitors would look at setting up an alternative race if the Sydney to Hobart was cancelled but it would depend on state border closures.

"I can't see much relief at the present. It's just one of those things really," he said.

"There's always been a provision to postpone [the Sydney to Hobart] for weather reasons. It almost falls in the same sort of scenario."

Mr Hine and Mr Bradford both said sponsors may also be hesitant to lend their name to an event that could lead to a coronavirus outbreak.

Perpetual Loyal skipper Tom Slingsby said the sailing industry was nowhere near as strong as it was pre-COVID-19, with even sanctioned racing in Sydney harbour banned.

"All I know is everyone's in limbo and really wanting an answer," he said.

Mr Slingsby, who will compete in next year's SailGP league, said people were nervous with so many sail events being cancelled worldwide.

Cruising Yacht Club of Australia Commodore Noel Cornish said the club was aiming for an October update.

"The current situation in relation to COVID-19 in Australia and across the world is dynamic," Mr Cornish said.

"We appreciate everyone’s patience in what is a very challenging time for all."

Mr Bradford said even if the Sydney to Hobart didn't go ahead, yachts would still have to prepare for other, smaller races planned for early 2021.

"The marine industry really hinges on this race," he said.

There were also flow-on effects for the hospitality and tourism industries as well, he said.

Mr Cornish said the yacht club wanted to hold the race in the most appropriate way possible.

"Our thoughts and best wishes go to those affected by the pandemic across Australia and around the world," he said.

"It is important as a leader in our sport, that the CYCA does the right thing in regards to the running of the [race]."

 

 

 

 

Nothing like self interest!

Someone thought to ask the Tasmanians whether they want about 1000 possible Covid carriers who have been in the eastern suburbs of Sydney getting off in Sullivans Cove over Xmas  to new year.

Guess not!

PR like that, no wonder I don't buy North sails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scanas, where do you get that from, it is not real is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So would the new Juan K Club Swan 80 beat the 100's to Hobart..? And if so whose a good candidate to buy one? 

 

 

cs80-Cam_07_Grigio_scuro.jpg

Lead-CS80-Sunset.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that is real, ffs

Must have been quoted out of context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Chicken of the cave’ :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, terrafirma said:

So would the new Juan K Club Swan 80 beat the 100's to Hobart..?

Mate how long have you been in quarantine??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, terrafirma said:

So would the new Juan K Club Swan 80 beat the 100's to Hobart..? And if so whose a good candidate to buy one? 

 

 

cs80-Cam_07_Grigio_scuro.jpg

Lead-CS80-Sunset.jpg

Some of best vapourware I have ever seen.

no deck gear, no lifelines, and only 7 crew on an 80 and like very much like an Australian sunset.(harsh light on the water and dusk in the sky)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't they canned this race yet? The good hoteliers and innkeepers of Hobart town are already reporting mass cancellations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I hear that industry figures are pressuring CYCA to delay cancelling S2H so that owners have to spend the money to prepare their boats, whether it happens or not. Really no surprise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rawhide said:

So I hear that industry figures are pressuring CYCA to delay cancelling S2H so that owners have to spend the money to prepare their boats, whether it happens or not. Really no surprise

Gasp...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rawhide said:

So I hear that industry figures are pressuring CYCA to delay cancelling S2H so that owners have to spend the money to prepare their boats, whether it happens or not. Really no surprise

See post 337

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCANAS said:

See post 337

Thought I would abbreviate it for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rawhide said:

Thought I would abbreviate it for you

Thanks XOXO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 9:17 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Mate how long have you been in quarantine??

A long time.! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

C69A4BAF-8DC0-4BCD-A3E6-00DD46E0F0E9.png

This would need mods for the Hobart right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

This would need mods for the Hobart right?

Yes, but they have 15mths to do them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

Yes, but they have 15mths to do them. 

There was an inshore TP52 a couple of years ago that was updated for S2H. They added wheel steering and strengthening and whatever else and I think they did that work not far out from the race (I vaguely recall).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

There was an inshore TP52 a couple of years ago that was updated for S2H. They added wheel steering and strengthening and whatever else and I think they did that work not far out from the race (I vaguely recall).

Do you mean this one? 

https://rolexsydneyhobart.com/the-yachts/2019/celestial/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooligan was beating Ichi Ban around the course most inshore races but obviously inshore spec boat vs ocean spec etc. Having said that the buyer would be trying to emulate a boat similar to Ichi Ban come the Hobart. Sit's nicely in the middle and would be at a discounted entry price compared to building IB new. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, DickDastardly said:

Which one was it Pil?

 

i don't come here to post fact..... I'm into rumor, innuendo and fake news

I got sent that by spies.... 

Shultz.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

 

i don't come here to post fact..... I'm into rumor, innuendo and fake news

I got sent that by spies.... 

Shultz.jpeg

My bad...obviously...!  and now that my old eyes see the pic on a large screen rather than my phone it's more than a little obvious...

Edited by DickDastardly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, Livia said:

And if you have ever been in a Tasmanian hospital you would be telling the RC, hell no!

So don't kid yourself the Tasmanian health system is part of a first world country.

Not wrong eh! 
 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-15/claims-patients-dying-unnecessarily-at-launceston-hospital/12665156

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CYCA have sent out a survey to all the entered competitors with various questions about if there were restrictions in Sydney and Hobart are the boat owners still keen to race. The restrictions are around having no friends and family to see boats off in Sydney and welcome boats in Hobart. There will probably be no prize giving ceremonies also.

Good on the CYCA for trying their best to run the race in COVID times, but in the end it will be up the Tasmanian government to open up their borders!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for 90% of the entries its all about the adventure with a chance of a division podium so they would probably be fairly reticent to go as it is a very time and money extensive exercise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chucky said:

The CYCA have sent out a survey to all the entered competitors with various questions about if there were restrictions in Sydney and Hobart are the boat owners still keen to race. The restrictions are around having no friends and family to see boats off in Sydney and welcome boats in Hobart. There will probably be no prize giving ceremonies also.

Good on the CYCA for trying their best to run the race in COVID times, but in the end it will be up the Tasmanian government to open up their borders!

Get the governments to agree to put it on. Do a deal with a hotel to house & feed all crews for $ (paid by crew) & tell them no gear trucks / shore crew contact. Click & collect provision & everyone out by the 2nd weather permitting. 
 

Everyone gets a test on way in & out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Get the governments to agree to put it on. Do a deal with a hotel to house & feed all crews for $ (paid by crew) & tell them no gear trucks / shore crew contact. Click & collect provision & everyone out by the 2nd weather permitting. 
 

Everyone gets a test on way in & out. 

Yep let’s call it a Sydney to Hobart bubble!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chucky said:

Yep let’s call it a Sydney to Hobart bubble!

Sounds exciting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All sorts of options are being considered.  But it is still too far away to make a final call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any truth in the rumour that reverse cowgirl is illegal in TAS? Can’t turn your back on family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Scomo should cut financial support for any state that continues hold back any financial recovery

 

You mean all states with Covid?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

You mean all states with Covid?

States with closed borders to keep people out and states with unrealistic lockdowns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

States with closed borders to keep people out and states with unrealistic lockdowns.

 

Never fear, you and your rubber duck will still be able to sit in the bath and once again pretend you're braving Bass Strait regardless of the borders being open or closed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

States with closed borders to keep people out and states with unrealistic lockdowns.

 

Bahahahahahahaha

What are you smoking?

Covid is your problem, just cause we make all the money and are carrying everyone else, don't blame your states failures on our states success.

We are literally living life like normal, hence our great economic success. Can't have that with either of the thing's you want.

Turn off the Sky News and get real.

FB_IMG_1600433849554.jpg

FB_IMG_1600433808960.jpg

FB_IMG_1600433790710.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you gotta make do with what you’ve been given: 

“Victoria represents 3 per cent of Australia's total land mass, accounts for 22 per cent of national GDP“ 

Anyway that’s all for political / COVID anarchy. Keep this for SH. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, darth reapius said:

We are literally living life like normal

Living in WA period..is far from normal. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Living in WA period..is far from normal. :D

Yet still couldn’t get the AFL grand final 

rather go to a COVID state the WA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, darth reapius said:

Bahahahahahahaha

What are you smoking?

Covid is your problem, just cause we make all the money and are carrying everyone else, don't blame your states failures on our states success.

We are literally living life like normal, hence our great economic success. Can't have that with either of the thing's you want.

Turn off the Sky News and get real.

FB_IMG_1600433849554.jpg

FB_IMG_1600433808960.jpg

FB_IMG_1600433790710.jpg

Faaark, thats a lot of UberEats drivers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand there was a meeting at the CYC the other day and it is likely to go ahead..... There are some Sydney owners chomping at the bit and they don't care if there is 40-50 boats.
They just need to know to secure crew

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it will depend on the Tassie government

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites