Feed bad for you.

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

:(

Feed bad for you.

Feel, not feed.  Sheesh

• Like 1

Suffrage wherever ya go

Suffer the Kold or Life in Kalifornia

After a brief reprieve winter is back. Cold and snow, but fortunately no wind. That is until I start shoveling.

Looks like Denver is getting it.

50 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Looks like Denver is getting it.

Meager.

They didn't pull down the gate on the highway, thus no snowmobile races on the closed highway, thus there still isn't enough snow.

24 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Meager.

They didn't pull down the gate on the highway, thus no snowmobile races on the closed highway, thus there still isn't enough snow.

Head a little east. Most of eastern CO is shut down.

2 hours ago, bmiller said:

Head a little east. Most of eastern CO is shut down.

I wish I could. I need a powder sled to get that far. My little gal is more of a utility sled. I was running her around this morning, I forgot how different it is from dirt bikes. Dirt bikes need finesse, but in that amount of powder, it's all throttle and muscling the skids through any kind of turn. And my sled doesn't have a reverse gear. It has that Fuji two-stroke engine though, lots of Subaru torque.

If I lived up near you, without all the neighbors, I would never get off of it until Spring. The suburbs really suck for fun with internal combustion.

Well weatherman is calling for

Ready ??

;-0

rain upto 3-4 daz

So friend Unloads his Harley (now my 3rd in the stable w the 250 Rebel)

Good comes from everything ( to someone)

my newtome noSnowMobile

00j0j_lRUDQk8t0SH_600x450.jpg

00V0V_ebMwNM9ia8m_600x450.jpg

Pistol Pegs GUTTAGO I'm Not gunna get Shot for having a Stupid justification to Shoot !!!!

00303_4CmioEPlIUE_600x450.jpg

00r0r_251ZaQiiXfV_600x450.jpg

Well ya it has rained,

Mostly patchy cells dumpong clear shit from the sky hear and tjere

This place is Not designed for rain

Went to visit a dear friend in a home yesterday

The Sun was out and my bike right there

I figured my E-350  1 Ton van w Big New Tires was nice and Clean so I took it JUSTINCASE

Good call

This was one of 4 such Lake/Ponds on Southbound I-5

Bad day for a light vehicle w Wide balt tires

There were front clips of cars on each side of freeway about every 1/2 mile

On 11/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, DA-WOODY said:

So friend Unloads his Harley (now my 3rd in the stable w the 250 Rebel)

Good comes from everything ( to someone)

my newtome noSnowMobile

00303_4CmioEPlIUE_600x450.jpg

That's a pretty bike Woody, congratulations.

The thing about snowmobiles though is that they are a completely different riding experience. With a bike, you get that angular momentum around the back wheel, it's always angular, and then you have your linear momentum of moving forward.

When you twist the throttle on a bike you you feel that linear acceleration plus the radial acceleration.

But on a sled, you have a track that gives you linear momentum in addition to the linear momentum of the sled moving forward, plus you get an additional angular momentum from the ends of the track doing their wheel-thing.

So when you thumb the throttle on a sled, you get this crack-level double linear acceleration, it's addictive in a whole different way, like having a motorcycle and a wave runner between your legs at the same time. And while you tend to ride a motorcycle, you have to wrangle a sled, because the surface on any snow other than packed powder tries to overpower the sled.

Honestly Woody, if it wasn't for springtime holding the promise of boats, dirt bikes, fishing and scantily-clad women, ten-thousand hardcore snowmobile addicts would kill themselves every spring for fear of having to live in withdrawal for the next seven months.

Woody, I have a question about SoCal ... is it dry enough there that the dogs don't get fleas? I don't know if it's the altitude here, or the dry air, but dogs don't get fleas here unless someone imports them.

36 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Woody, I have a question about SoCal ... is it dry enough there that the dogs don't get fleas? I don't know if it's the altitude here, or the dry air, but dogs don't get fleas here unless someone imports them.

Even the Republicans are Fleaing Kalifornia

Ass well as buisness  & homeowners 

Even the Raccoons have fleas out here ..... 

As fur yer snowmobiles, lesser odds of baging a New Cougar and bringing them home on a snowmobile 

And when I used to drive up to TAHOE bassing snowcoverd hills with snowmobile tracks, I couldnt help but notice the miles of Barbed Wire  w/o  any bright contrasting markers

So looks to me like a Great way to get Sliced & Diced at speed

And Fuck Kold, I don't like Slurpees cuz of the Kold even on a Hawt Day

You can have my SnowJoy

I'll just suffer watching rain drops on my SkyLights till it's safe to head outside again

4 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

There were front clips of cars on each side of freeway about every 1/2 mile

That's because there's a moron driver every 1/4 mile.

10 minutes ago, bmiller said:

That's because there's a moron driver every 1/4 mile.

No they are nearly Bumper to Bumper

My life is mostly just keeping people from being able to run me over

On a Harley it's almost cute how people pretend to just not see

Driving a 45' Bus I occasionally laff out loud when people act the same when "They" would be crushed if I didn't avoid them

My life is like SailRacing SHOULD Bee

Avoid Contact No Mater who has any Right of Way

Many times I have thought Damn I just missed a chance to Collect a Chunk o Cash had I not avoided someone in the wrong about to hit me

But it was Reflex that took over as No time to waste contemplating anything But Escaping being involved.

I Don't do RoadRage .... 

Winter finally arrived in central Minnesota.

I took this pic last Sunday just before I went out to shovel for the forth time in 24 hours! The third time it was heavy slush. It has been warm here for a few weeks and the ground is not frozen which made shovelling even worse.

Note: The ground was bare before this storm, and I've paid the price for not seating the nails on my balconies as the shovel keeps hitting them.

My landlord in a moment of kindness bought me a new shovel. Unfortunately it is a New England style heart attack style shovel. I tried it but no way! I traded it for my old one which is much easier to use. Shovelling this stuff is bad enough without bringing on a heart attack!

Could have been much worse, Duluth got nearly 20" of snow.

Snow.thumb.jpg.94a9217044c87b423c066676d2b1ae2b.jpg

2 hours ago, QBF said:

Winter finally arrived in central Minnesota.

I took this pic last Sunday just before I went out to shovel for the forth time in 24 hours! The third time it was heavy slush. It has been warm here for a few weeks and the ground is not frozen which made shovelling even worse.

Note: The ground was bare before this storm, and I've paid the price for not seating the nails on my balconies as the shovel keeps hitting them.

My landlord in a moment of kindness bought me a new shovel. Unfortunately it is a New England style heart attack style shovel. I tried it but no way! I traded it for my old one which is much easier to use. Shovelling this stuff is bad enough without bringing on a heart attack!

Could have been much worse, Duluth got nearly 20" of snow.

Snow.thumb.jpg.94a9217044c87b423c066676d2b1ae2b.jpg

What's a heart attack shovel?

Other than the heart attack part, it sounds like exactly the kind of shovel to get the job done faster.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:50 AM, mikewof said:

What's a heart attack shovel?

Other than the heart attack part, it sounds like exactly the kind of shovel to get the job done faster.

Yes, if you are young and in good health. Otherwise, your asking for it.

The phrase "Heart Attack Shovel" was a general term used a lot in the New England when I was a boy as those shovels grabbed a lot of snow not just a layer.  New England snow is often saturated and heavy. Back in the 1950's people smoked like chimneys and it was common to hear of someone having a heart attack while shovelling snow, there by the term "Heart Attack Shovel"...

1.jpg.fad9a81abe719059c2f28f418a67ebd4.jpg

Non-Sequitur-Shoveling-Snow.jpg.18dc1317bd1dd6529ca1aa2dd9892abc.jpg

4 hours ago, QBF said:

The phrase "Heart Attack Shovel" was a general term used a lot in the New England when I was a boy as those shovels grabbed a lot of snow not just a layer.  New England snow is often saturated and heavy. Back in the 1950's people smoked like chimneys and it was common to hear of someone having a heart attack while shovelling snow, there by the term "Heart Attack Shovel"...

I've noticed there is something really fulfilling about shoveling snow, kind of puts a guy into a trance. I can see how someone could work there way past their state of exhaustion and stress out their heart.

A lot of people on my block have snowblowers, they miss out on the fun ... shoveling snow is an honorable way to shuffle off this mortal coil.

4 hours ago, QBF said:

That shovel got my Grandfather.....

We had our 1st freeze of the year - some light snow/ice precipitation overnight.  On the commute in to the office - there were 5 wrecks on rte 50 between Winchester and the Shenandoah River, and 4 on the bridge itself.   Getting over the mountain was slippy. 

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

I've noticed there is something really fulfilling about shoveling snow, kind of puts a guy into a trance. I can see how someone could work there way past their state of exhaustion and stress out their heart.

A lot of people on my block have snowblowers, they miss out on the fun ... shoveling snow is an honorable way to shuffle off this mortal coil.

You are corect I was Full & Filled shoveling a driveway

Once !!!!

Hay Mikey are you headed for sum Blowin Up Shit w R Booth ??

Seen in DAGO @ Happy Hour tonight 

FB_IMG_1575962566061.jpg

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Hay Mikey are you headed for sum Blowin Up Shit w R Booth ??

Seen in DAGO @ Happy Hour tonight 

FB_IMG_1575962566061.jpg

You almost got me, but Boothie's truck would have the grill wired back on with a bent coat hanger, because he would have removed it recently to roast a marlin he caught over a beach fire.

• Like 1

It's warmer than was originally forecast, but we did get another 4" of snow. Fortunately, it was the normal dry, fluffy kind.

1.png.fc9fc6836fc4c1e141cd1716a6b8ba83.png

Got done plowing. I always run a path two blades wide to get out to the shop, where I spend a lot of time. We're going sub zero tonight and the wind will most likely fill in my path. Oh well, it's just winter.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

50 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Got done plowing. I always run a path two blades wide to get out to the shop, where I spend a lot of time. We're going sub zero tonight and the wind will most likely fill in my path. Oh well, it's just winter.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Ain't you guys just getting the same storms after us

Only worse ??

Screenshot_20191220-081632_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191221-083313_Facebook.jpg

FML

Screenshot_20191223-054902_Chrome.jpg

54 degrees yesterday on the west shore of Lake Michigan just north of Chicago.  Low 50s today and tomorrow.  30s and 40s by the end of the week.  Still above normal.  No serious snow in 10 day forecast.  Lawn is still mostly green.

Winter SUCKING in DAGO

Fighting winter/holidays Depression as best one can all things considered

By buying a 3rd (not ever just presently)

Nothing like a trip to the Ocean on the way home from picking up a new (2me) bike to watch the storm

Brrrrrrrrrrr

Sitting at -8 right now. Fugging wind blew all day yesterday, putting the snow back from where it was shoveled previously.

Might see above freezing Wednesday, so we got that going for us.

Just heard on the radio Antero res got down to -48 last night. That's just a tad cooler then the other day.

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

Just heard on the radio Antero res got down to -48 last night. That's just a tad cooler then the other day.

FUCK DAT !!!!!!

I would get a job at a Foundry or Steam Cleaners 

till the roads cleared enough to GTFO

hows yer homeless situation ??

3 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

FUCK DAT !!!!!!

I would get a job at a Foundry or Steam Cleaners 

till the roads cleared enough to GTFO

hows yer homeless situation ??

This time of year? None.

Summer is another story. Even then it's minimal.

See, news stories like this are why I like snow.

It snowed in Canton, Ohio, and supposedly with the snow it no longer looked like a total shithole.

• Like 1

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfc/usfntsfcwbg.gif

usfntsfcwbg.gif

Just made it out of Michigan on the ol’ Airbus this morning with about six hours to spare after 10 days of balmy weather. 

Gale warnings up for Lake Michigan. Lots of erosion on tap for the coastal communities on the west coast of the lower Peninsula. The breakwalls had about 3-5 feet of freeboard at Arcadia and Frankfort. St Joesph south breakwall was awash today from the webcam evidence. My folks had a steel seawall installed this fall at their beach front home. House saving decision. 

FB_IMG_1577984972837.jpg

Image may contain: snow, car and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and outdoor

So far, this winter has been a real let-down, at least here. It started with one good snow, and since then it's been warm and mostly snow-free, rarely requiring much more than a jacket.

My Polaris Indy Trail cries tears of two-stoke oil.

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

So far, this winter has been a real let-down, at least here. It started with one good snow, and since then it's been warm and mostly snow-free, rarely requiring much more than a jacket.

My Polaris Indy Trail cries tears of two-stoke oil.

Step 1. Buy a trailer

Step 2. Go sledding.

Plenty of snow away from the front range. You just have to go.

2 hours ago, bmiller said:

Step 1. Buy a trailer

Step 2. Go sledding.

Plenty of snow away from the front range. You just have to go.

I don't use a trailer, I just shove my baby in the bed of the truck ... Colorado Redneck Style ...

20200114_131430.thumb.jpg.b13237e41cdaaa9f66dd3d22310420e5.jpg

I've been sledding a bit up in the Roosevelt Forest, I don't even complain about the 4x4 and side-by-side ruts. But it's not the same as when the town is snowed in, you step out the door, and then sled to the fun. Our state really sucks for riding sleds around town. The folks in Michigan, and Wisconsin and Canada and such, they have it great. The only town around here that I know that is okay with sleds on the street is Grand Lake. Maybe Clark, but what's there, one bar?

Can you folks ride your sleds around town in Buena Vista and Salida?

In Gilpin and Jeffco, the National Forest seems to have 100% coverage over BLM land, and even though it's still BLM subsurface, there is no sledding on Nat Forest except a few OHV trails. And I don't really get that, maybe you can explain it to me. I understand why I can't take my dirt bike off designated trails, but where there some 20 inches of snowpack on a trail, how is my sled going to cause any damage?

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

I don't use a trailer, I just shove my baby in the bed of the truck ... Colorado Redneck Style ...

20200114_131430.thumb.jpg.b13237e41cdaaa9f66dd3d22310420e5.jpg

I've been sledding a bit up in the Roosevelt Forest, I don't even complain about the 4x4 and side-by-side ruts. But it's not the same as when the town is snowed in, you step out the door, and then sled to the fun. Our state really sucks for riding sleds around town. The folks in Michigan, and Wisconsin and Canada and such, they have it great. The only town around here that I know that is okay with sleds on the street is Grand Lake. Maybe Clark, but what's there, one bar?

Can you folks ride your sleds around town in Buena Vista and Salida?

In Gilpin and Jeffco, the National Forest seems to have 100% coverage over BLM land, and even though it's still BLM subsurface, there is no sledding on Nat Forest except a few OHV trails. And I don't really get that, maybe you can explain it to me. I understand why I can't take my dirt bike off designated trails, but where there some 20 inches of snowpack on a trail, how is my sled going to cause any damage?

Sleds are not allowed on streets because they are OHVs. The first few days after a really big dump they are ""allowed", only because the plows haven't cleaned everything up. 

National forest is wide open for the most part. There are a few localized closures, maybe that's what you see down near the hell hole of the front range. Think about wolf creek, rabbit ears or cottonwood, all within a national forest. 

One part of me wants to be like some towns in AZ where you can tag and ride an OHV on streets, not highways of course. Another part doesn't want to open that box.

Back on the original topic. Woke up this morning to find I pulled a sheet over me last night. Brrr.

Out on the porch now, it's 79f and 75%, feels great.

4 hours ago, bmiller said:

One part of me wants to be like some towns in AZ where you can tag and ride an OHV on streets, not highways of course. Another part doesn't want to open that box.

I think it will never happen in our state of obedient transplants, but it would be terrific if we could open that box.

Given that, Colorado and Utah are the only two states that allow Baja kits on dirt bikes. So at least we have that.

I wonder, what if someone put a Baja kit on a sled?

Final days in Costa Rica, checking weather for when we get home. High on Tuesday of 12, low of -9. Fuck. That will be as much a shock as when we got off the plane in San Jose.

Took the plow off the 4wheeler in prep for a ride with my wife. 

At least it should warm up in a couple days. Spring always a good snow or two.

20200319_082440.jpg

In other news, still wintry here in central CO. I wonder if snow kills virus'

RIMG0046-X2.jpg

Winter will not let go, 15F and light snow. At least it ain't blowing, yet.

Our plan was to bail out right after Copper closed for riding and camping in the desert followed by camping in woody's front yard.

That plan got spoiled. 

We went from almost 70 yesterday to wind chills in the 20s in a couple hours. Thanks Canada.

Forecast here is steady 30-35, with gusts to 50-60, from the south from 11 AM to 7 PM.  Need to tie down the deck furniture!!!

3 hours ago, bmiller said:

Winter will not let go, 15F and light snow. At least it ain't blowing, yet.

Our plan was to bail out right after Copper closed for riding and camping in the desert followed by camping in woody's front yard.

That plan got spoiled. 

sigh, no kidding.  Spring was going good until: March 30, 10-15 cm of "spring snow"; then temperature plunged and we got 10-15 cm of "winter snow" April 2 and 3; then temp came back up but still a couple of degrees below long term average until we got another 10-15 of spring snow April 6; it stayed almost average last week and melted quite a bit of that snow and then the temperature plunged and the Easter weekend felt like winter: -10-15 overnight, highs of -6 and a breeze!  supposed to turn around tomorrow and warm up to 6-8 this week but not showing long term average of 12 til NEXT Monday!