FishFood

Sailing from LA to SF, Solo w/ Little Experience

It's ohey, we need that drama for the script. Hass will be filming along the way, we need some 1000 yard stares from cliff edges and the like.

Bust a Nut, Bitches...

36 minutes ago, FishFood said:

Should I have called them pussies? I meant bitch in a non offensive way! I have no idea how I convey what I view as being bitch in a totally neutral way. I think it's ok to be a bitch.

I don't find half the story given in a away that offers me dangling by the rocks as the most likely outcome, as helpful. I certainly wouldn't chew my arm off for it as google can usually produce something more objective and data based.

This can be completed in a 24 hour window with 10-15 knots of wind so if I really find things really difficult, I'll do that. Do you all want a list of beaches, plans, etc so you can tell me of the time Aunt Sally had a heart attack after seeing a 4 footer and how I should avoid x area because so?

SO that's why food has tasted weird...

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, a midnight snack, elevensies... you name it.

This kind of thought is why we have too many dogs in the world. 

You are often young and dumb in what you say, but I have to admit, you are funny as hell sometimes.  This world often sucks but I like to laugh, so thanks.

Not like FF is in a good mood after a 10 hr shift behind Denny's. Oh wait, I mean volunteering at the library for tiger shark research.:ph34r:

crew.jpg

2 hours ago, FishFood said:

This can be completed in a 24 hour window with 10-15 knots of wind so if I really find things really difficult, I'll do that.

Of course!,

You have all the answers already.

Thank fuck for that, everyone can resort to just talking shite then. 

I elbowed some chick off the back of my bike once. I should try pitching mutts overboard , you make it sound so wild.

7 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

You are often young and dumb in what you say, but I have to admit, you are funny as hell sometimes.  This world often sucks but I like to laugh, so thanks.

You're the wind behind my sails, Ed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FishFood said:

Edit: While this was somewhat joking, I actually think some of you guys are just bitches and I mean that in the least offensive way. 6 foot waves at 10 secs? Dude, I've sailed in much worse as a complete fucking newb and did it with more confidence than when you wonder if you actually busted a nut, you bitch. 

This shit is great.  Just please make sure you video stream the first day.  Please!  I fully support your right to prove everyone wrong here as long as we can watch the carnage if you don't.  I'd even pay for the privilege.  

Clean, do you know the laws in California for killing a dog by throwing it overboard?

If Mr. Food makes it to Oxnard from Half Moon Bay on a beachcat between now and April I would be honored to take him out for some of the best Mexican food in the world and then to the local tavern for many congratulatory rounds.  I'm hoping that he doesn't feel the need to call people bitches or pussies in person as that kind of aggressive, hurtful language can trigger some very negative feelings.

• Like 4

Again, good point @mundt thank you. I guess there is no role for homogametic players in this saga, so time for me to wish you all a healthy, fun, and happy new year. 

Anyway, fare thee well y'all.

Pam and I are going to go save entangled sea turtles on Maui.  She says David Geffen has a boat we can use. 

My dog friend says this movie clip is great, especially after the 1:00 mark.  Happy holidays!

1 hour ago, Streetwise said:

Clean, do you know the laws in California for killing a dog by throwing it overboard?

Huh?  I musta missed something.  

California has all sorts of laws prohibiting cruelty to animals.  Possible felony punishable by 5 years IIRC but that sentence is reserved for folks who are super nasty, like the poison meat/serial backyard dog killer types.

15 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Again, good point @mundt thank you. I guess there is no role for homogametic players in this saga, so time for me to wish you all a healthy, fun, and happy new year. 

Anyway, fare thee well y'all.

Pam and I are going to go save entangled sea turtles on Maui.  She says David Geffen has a boat we can use. 

My dog friend says this movie clip is great, especially after the 1:00 mark.  Happy holidays!

Ouch, right in the Nooksack...

Collies go for the face or nip your ass if you are slow with breakfast.

Fish food once again you demonstrate your dangerous ignorance.  6 foot at 10 secs isn't about swell on the outside of the line up its about getting through the line up, kid.  duh.  Ever try it with an onshore 15 knot summer breeze?  Better watch some Waddell summer kiting or windsurfing video and get educated.  But hey you dropped out of school so there is that.

You got lucky this fall but you stopped when it started to get spicy and never made it to SF.

He could be out there discovering the top end of a nox'ed Nissan instead....

If I add up my own follies, I dare not judge. Like waking up in an ambulance twice, a crevasse self rescue, class V swim, winter backcountry rescue by buddies, 3 small avvies, chased by a wolverine, rescued way out in a turtled dinghy in a small craft warning, fallen through ice once, etc etc.

I would be surprised if you all have not had similar experiences...

7 minutes ago, Norse Horse said:

He could be out there discovering the top end of a nox'ed Nissan instead....

If I add up my own follies, I dare not judge. Like waking up in an ambulance twice, a crevasse self rescue, class V swim, winter backcountry rescue by buddies, 3 small avvies, chased by a wolverine, rescued way out in a turtled dinghy in a small craft warning, fallen through ice once, etc etc.

I would be surprised if you all have not had similar experiences...

I've never been chased by a wolverine.  Nor would I want to be.

To paraphrase Sinatra; "Follies, I've had a few, but then again to few to mention..." ;)

I guess fish food has seen this coastline for himself on the way up - and for the right kind of boat, I suspect there are plenty beaches without booming surf.

in my mind, the biggest problem this time of year is lack of daylight (along with temperature and weather). if you see a beach - you kind of gotta take it before it gets dark. but this means that you will need to camp. and if you can't camp dry you may not last long.

it was mentioned above that this has been done, and by one of these sailing kayaks, which actually makes a lot of sense to me - they do seem surprisingly tough. I guess a hobie 18 at least twice as fast - but also more extreme.

Image result for hobie windrider

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, floater said:

I guess fish food has seen this coastline for himself on the way up - and for the right kind of boat, I suspect there are plenty beaches without booming surf.

This.

Is Pam still hot? You be the judge...

Image result for pam anderson now and then

Show us YOUR picture at what you deem your peak of hotness and now. We'll be kind. At least some will. The men won't be. No weakness. Else you are a p word, c word, or whatever 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Show us YOUR picture at what you deem your peak of hotness and now. We'll be kind. At least some will. The men won't be. No weakness. Else you are a p word, c word, or whatever 

She is still hot and the Hass even better. Wasn't me who said she looks like a grandma.

Don't spit consonants at me. There are children starving in Poland for vowels.

Image result for david hasselhoff then and now
  • Like 1

I actually shared a moment in a hot tub with Hass once. Long time passing. Then our spouses showed up. No linky so didn't happen, right?

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I actually shared a moment in a hot tub with Hass once. Long time passing. Then our spouses showed up. No linky so didn't happen, right?

Actually funny thing is I did not know who he was until Mr Clew said later, "Wow the Baywatch guy."  Actors always are smaller and narrower than they look on TV.

12 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Actually funny thing is I did not know who he was until Mr Clew said later, "Wow the Baywatch guy."  Actors always are smaller and narrower than they look on TV.

Related image

Funny thing is that this 'lifesize' cutout of Rocky says in the specs 5'-10" high...

How many times an older guy told me, "I wouldn't do that..."  I'd look at em and proceed to do exactly what they warned me not to.  Lots of mental and physical scar tissue and several near death experiences to show for it.  Bet there's an ancient cave painting somewhere depicting an olde geezer shaking his head and chuckling whilst the young cro magnon gets rolled up by a herd of wooly mammoths...   

Old bull and younger nephew bull are out for a stroll on the ranch.  They reach a crest to see a lovely herd of fetching heifers in the valley below. Young bull says “let’s run down there and jump one of those lovely girls”. Old bull says “..,,

5 hours ago, floater said:

It is a characteristic of this type of windswept coast that sandy beaches are very rare on the lee side of capes. Inside deep bays, sure, like Santa Cruz or San Simeon, but not behind every rocky point down Big Sur.

I doubt there are many days a year that an unassisted sailor could launch a beach cat from a remote shore anywhere between Vancouver and Cabo San Lucas. I think all the few good shelters have developed harbors in them....no surprise.

So I heartily advise FF that he undertake the expedition, with a tracker, and keeps us well informed. Should be great entertainment for the forum.

Had to wonder when I saw this video from Thursday at Maverick's .... is FF headed out to show the line-up just how it is done ....

mavericks04.jpg.6a3ae46690f9c33b0ce2bd737008a572.jpg

....then I wondered if this might be FF

mavericks03.jpg.d73c658ebb5afc61f22ee02306cb67d2.jpg

Like sailing down the California coast in an open boat in the winter .... surfing Mavericks is no problem!

Can't wait for the FF movie!

17 hours ago, Kenny Dumas said:

Old bull and younger nephew bull are out for a stroll on the ranch.  They reach a crest to see a lovely herd of fetching heifers in the valley below. Young bull says “let’s run down there and jump one of those lovely girls”. Old bull says “..,,

"No. We'll walk down there and jump them all."

("Jump"? Really?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius J. Reilly said:

Had to wonder when I saw this video from Thursday at Maverick's .... is FF headed out to show the line-up just how it is done ....

mavericks04.jpg.6a3ae46690f9c33b0ce2bd737008a572.jpg

....then I wondered if this might be FF

Like sailing down the California coast in an open boat in the winter .... surfing Mavericks is no problem!

Can't wait for the FF movie!

What an entrepreneur he is, out there selling kielbasa and franks off the boat to the surfers...-_-

17 hours ago, El Boracho said:

It is a characteristic of this type of windswept coast that sandy beaches are very rare on the lee side of capes. Inside deep bays, sure, like Santa Cruz or San Simeon, but not behind every rocky point down Big Sur.

I doubt there are many days a year that an unassisted sailor could launch a beach cat from a remote shore anywhere between Vancouver and Cabo San Lucas. I think all the few good shelters have developed harbors in them....no surprise.

undoubtedly, this is 100% accurate.Image

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El Boracho said:

So I heartily advise FF that he undertake the expedition, with a tracker, and keeps us well informed. Should be great entertainment for the forum.

How about assisted?

5 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

How about assisted?

By assisted I meant some number of people greater than the number of crew. Or a tugboat.

Baja has a great number of fabulous beaches, yet even with a tiny 1 foot sea swell (barely noticeable in the anchorage) the much higher resulting surf closes out launches by anything other than kayaks...even the pangas stay on the beach.

5 hours ago, floater said:

undoubtedly, this is 100% accurate.Image

Yup, a 100% accurate picture of the dream. 

• Like 1

I can't believe that @LB 15 hasn't been around to say it, but I'll do it for him then:
Fuck, I love this place.

When I started reading this, I was sure it was posted by a bored sock. Then I realized it was a kid on a suicide mission, and had to hang in, to watch the train go off the rails.
Then he actually fucking made it ...
Well done Fishy !!

Btw. Lassie is fine, but he still is a bit pissed about being thrown in the water that night.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, El Boracho said:

By assisted I meant some number of people greater than the number of crew. Or a tugboat.

Baja has a great number of fabulous beaches, yet even with a tiny 1 foot sea swell (barely noticeable in the anchorage) the much higher resulting surf closes out launches by anything other than kayaks...even the pangas stay on the beach.

Yup, a 100% accurate picture of the dream. 

It's okay, we'll just strap 4 deep cycle golf cart batteries below the tramp, and attach a torqeedo.  Should help keep it from flipping too. Maybe we'll make them lead-acid batteries just for that extra bit of "zing" in our swim stroke when it turtles with the mast in the sand, trying to get past the surf break. 

21920939.jpg

8 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

It's okay, we'll just strap 4 deep cycle golf cart batteries below the tramp, and attach a torqeedo.  Should help keep it from flipping too. Maybe we'll make them lead-acid batteries just for that extra bit of "zing" in our swim stroke when it turtles with the mast in the sand, trying to get past the surf break. 

I predict that the batteries will be gone before it hits the water.
Ballast and dogs ya know.

• Like 1

At least AGM's don't leak sulphuric acid all over you when you end up underneath them. There's a fine line between heroic and absymal stupidity.

31 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

There's a fine line between heroic and absymal stupidity.

And it's often crossed.

8 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

And it's fun to cross.

having once been stupid and immortal (sailing my laser to Catalina in a Santa Ana probably wasn't the wisest decision I ever made), FIFY...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sledracr said:

having once been stupid and immortal (sailing my laser to Catalina in a Santa Ana probably wasn't the wisest decision I ever made), FIFY...

Yes, most of us that have survived our youth are very lucky.  So far FF's luck seems to be good.  But he has already pressed it pretty hard.

I think about the stuff I did in my youth and survived and realize, it is a good thing I did it then because I could never pull it off now.

Maybe we should start a new thread (inspired by FF) in which we recount our young and stupid brushes with both mortality and immortality.

1 minute ago, unShirley said:

Yes, most of us that have survived our youth are very lucky.  So far FF's luck seems to be good.  But he has already pressed it pretty hard.

I think about the stuff I did in my youth and survived and realize, it is a good thing I did it then because I could never pull it off now.

A couple of my buddies ended up being captured by Darwin(motorcycles), and I almost did with the redhead on the back,  so we don't know if FF will make it or not. 

I would say that 'bikes are much higher on the risk scale than boats.

• Like 1

Unshirley being about as experienced as any ocean going mammal could be, perhaps we could start calculating the odds regarding Fish Food's proposed adventure.  I believe the most difficult, dangerous leg lies between Monterey and Point Conception.  Unshirley, what would you reckon is the probability of getting yourself safely on and off any beach in that area in the winter on a beachcat?  If you could easily swim off the beach at Ocean Beach to the outside lineup and back in on a triple overhead day I'd postulate that you might survive having your vessel destroyed at a place like Willow Creek.  It's about 250ish miles, in ideal conditions you're going to be at it for a couple days unless you just straps yourself to the boat and stay out there 24/7, that's gonna be one nasty wetsuit!  I'm truly looking forward to buying this kid food and drinks when he hits the beach in Oxnard but I would put my money against him if it was wagering time...

I'd like to add that there's a good reason people get excited when they do more than 200 miles in 24 hours.  In my experience you're pretty lucky to do a hundred, even on a fast boat like a beachcat or tri.  The wind rarely allows that on our coast.  And, after you've done a hundred miles on a beachcat, if you've been going fast you are very wet and cold and your physical abilities (even if you're as Alpha as Fish Food) will be deteriorating quickly.  When you get hypothermia life gets very difficult.  Even if you get on one of those beaches you can't get warm.  Try building a fire with that soggy wood! Take off your wetsuit or drysuit and slither into your damp sleeping bag, probably on a wet boulder.  If you have crew and can rest you can keep charging ala the Byrd bros amazing R2AK performance.  Those guys are at the highest level and weren't attempting to beach in areas like the Central coast.  I'm gonna go take a hot bath!

funny thing. if you're a surfer scouting the coast - there are never enough waves to be had. fact.

but if you're a sailor on a beachcat, which was invented in California ffs, apparently there are too many.. 

• Like 1

Actually, on the central coast in winter, you're often looking for a spot that has less swell and more refinement to surf.  The sandy beaches and much warmer water where Hobie started are a very far cry from the conditions north of Point Conception.  

I just checked the Piedras Blancas cam on Surfline.  Very typical winter day.  Surf is 8-12 feet with 6 knots of breeze.  6 knots of breeze is horrible when trying to sail in or out, inevitably leading to one of those waves hitting your boat and sweeping you into the rocks.  Piedras Blancas is right near the Elephant seal beach.  Whenever I visit I think about what kind of animal would prey on those giants.  

6 hours ago, unShirley said:

..it is a good thing I did it then because I could never pull it off now.

Maybe we should start a new thread (inspired by FF) in which we recount our young and stupid brushes with both mortality and immortality.

this is that thread. I've been to Catalina (completely unprepared) on a (completely unprepared) beachcat - one of the better things I've done.

a few folks on this forum sound like they might regret rolling out of bed in the morning. but, a toast to youth. :)

• Like 1

floater, Catalina on a beach cat is no big deal. Literally scores of people have done that.  We have 3 beach cat races each summer that are to or around Anacapa, comparable to sailing to Catalina. In the 80s and early 90s I regularly crossed the Santa Barbara Channel in a Tremolino which is only slightly more seaworthy than a beach cat. I crossed the SB Channel in a 12' Avon once (well twice actually...I had to get back home).  I am with Mundt regarding attempting the Central Coast in winter.  August or September it could be done. But even in my youth I wouldn't have considered it in the winter. But hey Fish Food, give it a go.  I will join you and Mundt and buy a round in the Ox Nard.  

• Like 1

not a big deal, except: it was a small craft warning. we were on a lake boat - Sol Cat - and it started to disintegrate right off the bat. The crew (it was his dad's boat - which we just took, I don't think we even told him) kept asking me "do you hear something?" Said some popping sound. I couldn't hear a fucking thing except the detonations when the rear beam would bottom out. A thing about Sol cats - no reefs, a shitload of sail area, and the rear beam has scarcely no clearance. Anyway, there wasn't a lot of relaxation going on. Also, we were completely alone, dressed in tshirts, virtually no gear, plus we hadn't shoved off until well into the afternoon - you and your fucking organized race. ;)

anyway, about exactly halfway across, the mystery of the popping sound was revealed - the windward shroud was disintegrating one strand at a time. There you are, in a fucking maelstrom - hauling fucking ass, ten miles from land - and you can watch the standing rigging literally exceed its breaking strength - one strand at a time. good times.

anyway - I get it now when FF blows a gasket from unsolicited advice. give me a break, this is the kid who set sail alone, around Conception - going north..

• Like 1

floater, your story is a perfect example of why I said most of us are lucky to have survived our youth.  So far, with some help from the weather gods and Prolooper, FF is surviving his youth.  I hope his luck continues to match your's and mine.  I hope he doesn't become a Darwin Candidate.  Sailing the central coast of CA in winter on a beach cat will definitely sort that out.

BTW: heeding unsolicited advice can save a lot of grief.  That is a lesson that Hot Rod learned the hard way.

• Like 1

oooh. central coast. scary.

Somehow, I get the idea that FF has got some actual good advice..

On 12/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, tama_manu said:

I've got a R2AK experienced Hobie 18 on a trailer right near Half Moon Bay. If you wanna look further into the dark side, let me know.  It is certainly cheap thrills.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, ModernViking said:

I predict that the batteries will be gone before it hits the water.
Ballast and dogs ya know.

Lol

On 12/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, Ishmael said:

At least AGM's don't leak sulphuric acid all over you when you end up underneath them. There's a fine line between heroic and absymal stupidity.

I can't tell if you missed the humor or if you're also being sarcastic and it's gone over my head 

82755fe.jpg.cd42ad763c44b4cca97137fe4ed08ccc.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vaeredil said:

Lol

I can't tell if you missed the humor or if you're also being sarcastic and it's gone over my head 

82755fe.jpg.cd42ad763c44b4cca97137fe4ed08ccc.jpg

:D Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

I wonder if FF got a GoPro instead of a PLB from Santa.

I sent you a Pam poster, but the harbor authority must have lost it.:(

>

...INCREASED RISK OF SNEAKER WAVES, RIP CURRENTS, AND LARGE SHORE
BREAK THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...

.A long period northwest swell will continue to impact the
coastline from Sonoma southward through Big Sur, therefore the
Coastal Hazard has been extended through this evening. The risk
of sneaker waves impacting the coast remains high along the
coastline. A sneaker wave is powerful enough to knock unsuspecting
people into the ocean. The northwest swell has the ability to
generate breaking waves of 17 to 22 feet at favored locations.
Swell periods will decrease throughout the day on Thursday, but
breaking waves of 15 to 20 feet will still be possible.

* HAZARDS...Increased sneaker wave risk, increased risk of rip
currents, large shore break.

* TIMING...From 5 AM Wednesday to 9 PM Thursday.

* LOCATION...Entire Pacific coastline from Sonoma south to Big
Sur.

* POTENTIAL IMPACTS...Larger surf at offshore breaks and an
enhanced risk of sneaker waves on northwest California
beaches. Steep beaches will have a higher risk of sneaker wave
activity with greater wave run-up onto beaches. Large waves
will also wash over jetties and rock outcroppings that may
normally stay dry.

>

Sounds like fun

6 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

>

...INCREASED RISK OF SNEAKER WAVES, RIP CURRENTS, AND LARGE SHORE
BREAK THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...

.A long period northwest swell will continue to impact the
coastline from Sonoma southward through Big Sur, therefore the
Coastal Hazard has been extended through this evening. The risk
of sneaker waves impacting the coast remains high along the
coastline. A sneaker wave is powerful enough to knock unsuspecting
people into the ocean. The northwest swell has the ability to
generate breaking waves of 17 to 22 feet at favored locations.
Swell periods will decrease throughout the day on Thursday, but
breaking waves of 15 to 20 feet will still be possible.

* HAZARDS...Increased sneaker wave risk, increased risk of rip
currents, large shore break.

* TIMING...From 5 AM Wednesday to 9 PM Thursday.

* LOCATION...Entire Pacific coastline from Sonoma south to Big
Sur.

* POTENTIAL IMPACTS...Larger surf at offshore breaks and an
enhanced risk of sneaker waves on northwest California
beaches. Steep beaches will have a higher risk of sneaker wave
activity with greater wave run-up onto beaches. Large waves
will also wash over jetties and rock outcroppings that may
normally stay dry.

>

Sounds like fun

Perfect weather for sitting inside by the fire.

This little beachcomber jaunt is just a warm up.  I have a major announcement. One year from right now the kid will be sitting in Hobart Harbour on his 1/2 tonne shitter, having just taken the handicap honors. The kid is gonna be a superstar. 

Cheaper,  and you can massage the story to suit the film.  No worries about the protagonist suing you for slander too! 

That motherfucker Al Paca probably has the rights in perpetuity for the kid's story. 

Paca is a sleazy bastard like that.

Word on the street is that Roy Cohen might have been Trump's mentor, but Paca was the eminence grise behind Trump's rise to power.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:44 AM, Ishmael said:

Is he dead yet?

Nope. Although I'm wishing that was so after being surrounded by family for so long. Flying back to be with my boat this evening. I'm missing the last connecting bus which means another 7 mile hike up PCH at night; last time that ended with me almost dead and then ready to head off adrift because I had a had a fit about society or whatever. I should get high more often. I'm pretty high at the moment and I totally see how high strung I've been. Sorry for going off on some of you ugly fuckers, even if you were being a douche. Did I mention I'm high?

Merry Christmas, Hobieventure (the proposed really stupid but probably fun hobie trip) will be coming in late January.

P.S. After giving some thought toward the actual danger of the sea, I see* how you guys feel it's not to be fucked with. I'm still doing it though. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

That motherfucker Al Paca probably has the rights in perpetuity for the kid's story. 

Paca is a sleazy bastard like that.

Word on the street is that Roy Cohen might have been Trump's mentor, but Paca was the eminence grise behind Trump's rise to power.

That’s right bitch. My contract with the kid is iron tight. And BTW, I’m thinking of sending Rudy, yes that Rudy, to do a little  snooping around in Poland. Don’t forget to to turn your night light on. 

1 hour ago, Al Paca said:

That’s right bitch. My contract with the kid is iron tight. And BTW, I’m thinking of sending Rudy, yes that Rudy, to do a little  snooping around in Poland. Don’t forget to to turn your night light on. 

There's a threat. Of course, Rudy actually arriving in the correct country is a stretch, let alone finding any facts. Not that he needs those pesky things, they get in the way of a good conspiracy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al Paca said:

Yeah, bring it  on.  I'm skeered.   You have used, abused, taken advantage of, and insulted me.  But now you have hit rock bottom.  Rudy????   RUDY!!!!!??????   That's low even by your snake's belly in a wagon rut standards.  

Believe me Packer, you will live to rue this day, and then wish you were dead.  I'll let the boys watch, for educational purposes, but I'mma gonna do the job myself, slowly and with great pleasure.  Rudy FFS!!

Happy New Year!

41 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Yeah, bring it  on.  I'm skeered.   You have used, abused, taken advantage of, and insulted me.  But now you have hit rock bottom.  Rudy????   RUDY!!!!!??????   That's low even by your snake's belly in a wagon rut standards.  

Believe me Packer, you will live to rue this day, and then wish you were dead.  I'll let the boys watch, for educational purposes, but I'mma gonna do the job myself, slowly and with great pleasure.  Rudy FFS!!

Happy New Year!

Don't mess with his kid, Fudge Paca.

• Like 1

Well, predictable. Pam and I go off-grid to rescue sea turtles and things go downhill here. @Al Paca good thing you have locked those rights for the @fish food story.  

Pam and I are developing a project about the unlikely bonds that develop among a rabble of irascible, clueless, savvy, expert, kindly, cynical, and/or charismatic (hot) characters of various genders that a probably-doomed stoner with a boat bring together. If we think it has legs, will be in touch to see if we can come to mutually agreeable terms. FF will not be the central character. Will include saving turtles story line.  Possible product placement and locations by Pulama Lanai, their publicists and media people use lots of marginal celebs and influencers and Pam is a step up for them.

We are thinking of an ensemble piece something along the lines of "Love Actually" or "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" or "Saving Private Ryan." Maybe all three.

More later.  Turtles are entangled and like Geffen keeps texting, this boat ain't cheap to run.

Happy New Yeat!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Don't mess with his kid, Fudge Paca.

The daughter is the smart one: Owl Paca.

NeedAClue: props to you & Pan with the turtle effort. Done any work with orangutans ? Lovely creatures. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

you will live to rue this day, and then wish you were dead.  I'll let the boys watch...

<lol>
I have a friend who is deathly afraid of the water.  Like, to the point that he wouldn't even go to the seafood place at the marina for dinner, because just seeing the water around it made him anxious.

Flash forward to this past summer, a group of us had to be at a meeting near here, and we all thought it would be fun to go for a late afternoon sail when the meeting was done.  He agreed to go... but his wife called me before we left, to give me a message.  She said that if anything happened to him, she was going to kill our CEO first, because this was his idea, then wait a while before coming for me, so that I'd have time to "know it was coming and realize there wasn't anything (I) could do to stop it."

<O_O>

The funny (?) post-script is... he absolutely *loved* sailing.  Said it was the most magical thing he'd ever experienced.  Went home talking about wanting to buy a boat.

Whereupon she called me again... to tell me that the "hit" was off, because he came home safe, but if he ended up actually buying a boat, the "hit" would be back on, and I'd have no idea when it was coming.

Fun times.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Ed: you need to get sober. Again. 

Look here Packer, I am sober.  You don't want to see me when I'm drunk.   

You made your bed, now you can lay in it.  For a loooooong time.

Boyz, boyz, you all want a piece of the action. Ed doesn't like to be pushed around, what with Poland invaded 3 times or something, they just don't fold up like a tent. Lots of east euro heat they can subcontract if they need it. A country of fields, you can understand how exposed they feel.

So, some script ideas I put by Pam.

Scene opens with the FF and the Canadian sleeping on the tramp on a beach while Pam and Clew do the morning walk up along the beach.[Cameo for Clew] Baby sea turtles are digging their way out of the sand around the Hobie, with some stuck under the hull, while others dig past bits of Home Depot products and Harleysaki parts protruding from the sand. Girls rush to save turtles, boys wake up. Dialogue. The girls offer to buy the charmers breakfast. Geffen is waiting in the car with Hass. Hass leaves quickly in a Transam. End of scene.

• Like 2