Gouvernail

2020 Texas Centerboard Circuit

I plan on making both April and May. This shithead was fishing Lake Fork this weekend.

Fishingmickey

On 3/14/2020 at 6:48 PM, JimBowie said:

Shit gets real tomorrow.  First race of the season.  Weather's phenomenal.  I've spent the week here sailing every day.  Glorious conditions.  Don't be a shit head.  Show up.  Just Do It.  Sail Fast or Die Slow.

Sorry to be a shit head. First race came up with too little notice and not enough time to change previous commitments. See you all next time. 

• Like 1

Since COVID19 has shit-canned most national regattas till summer, including the Intergalactic MegaByte Universe Challenge, I plan to ask LCYC to host a replacement during the first weekend of Wurstfest as replacement.  We should all support more small boat racing and defeat this morbid pale settling over the sport and nation.  "Here! Here! Well Said!".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JimBowie said:

Since COVID19 has shit-canned most national regattas till summer, including the Intergalactic MegaByte Universe Challenge, I plan to ask LCYC to host a replacement during the first weekend of Wurstfest as replacement.  We should all support more small boat racing and defeat this morbid pale settling over the sport and nation.  "Here! Here! Well Said!".

I chased a bunch of Coed J-24s Sunday who sailed in our big boat regatta because theirs had been canceled due to the virus. Fast boats and well sailed. Could catch them going to weather but when we turned home and they popped the kite it was "see ya". All 3 beat the 379 by a couple of minutes on a ten mile course. It was fun social distancing. 

• Like 1

To absolutely no one's surprised, LCYC has cancelled the April board boat regatta.  Hope to see y'all in May.

10 hours ago, JimBowie said:

To absolutely no one's surprised, LCYC has cancelled the April board boat regatta.  Hope to see y'all in May.

I checked the LCYC web site Sunday and didn't find anything that said so.  I suspected it wasn't happening also. That's for letting us know..

Fishingmickey

Update: LCYC has cancelled all racing for May.  There will be no Centerboard race for May.

Ellen!!  Please contact me!!! Vicki Stones is looking at a Catalina  16 boat like yours which she would probably  Sail in some classless events . Maybe you know. Bout a better one than the one she is looking at .

If anybody else has contact info fo Ellen, please email or text it to me!!

thanks!!

!! 

Annie, Ellen and I are taking care of her.  Thanks!  Sylvie

5 hours ago, lindy911 said:

Is anyone going to the Summer Solstice at SSC?

I probably should see if SSC is still planning on having it.  It has been kind of crazy for Harpoonette and I lately.

FM

P.S. SSC website shows it on the schedule.

Not us either!

LCYC Has cancelled racing for the July 12th  date summer series (replacing the two spring series dates). The way things are going the August date isn't going to be good either.

FM