saxdog

Court rejects Trump's refusal withhold tax returns

Time to find out if conservative judges will perform?  

7 minutes ago, saxdog said:

There's really no reason for them to hear it.  It's such settled law that there's no benefit in spelling it out again for the only idiots in the world who are arguing against it. 

23 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Yeah but how long can they wait to announce they won’t hear it?

End of June.

33 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Will the Supreme Court agree to hear this? My guess is they don't want to wade into this swamp. What do you think?

I've been wondering the same thing.  They have to realize whatever they do will have a lasting effect and if they go the wrong way, our country may never recover. 

How strong is party loyalty in the Supreme Court is a question that could be answered very soon.

I wonder what Justice "I like beer" will have to say on this issue.

2 minutes ago, saxdog said:

I wonder what Justice "I like beer" will have to say on this issue.

5ebcc7b1242be91b4b667b3f33991dda.jpg

On to the SCOTUS -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/congress-can-seek-eight-years-of-trumps-tax-records-appeals-court-rules/2019/11/13/b4fc8002-fc07-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

Excerpt -

Congress can seek eight years of President Trump’s tax records, according to a federal appeals court order Wednesday that moves the separation-of-powers conflict one step closer to the Supreme Court.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit let stand an earlier ruling against the president that affirmed Congress’s investigative authority on a day when the House was holding its first public impeachment inquiry hearing.

Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow said in response to Wednesday’s decision that the president’s legal team “will be seeking review at the Supreme Court.”

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

On to the SCOTUS -

Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow said in response to Wednesday’s decision that the president’s legal team “will be seeking review at the Supreme Court.”

I doubt they will even hear the case, but if they do, Roberts holds the swing vote and I'm confident will do the right thing.

Since they didn't vote to protect a gun manufacturer I think your faith may be well place.

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I doubt they will even hear the case, but if they do, Roberts holds the swing vote and I'm confident will do the right thing.

Concur

I wonder what the faithful will say when they find out shitstain is pretty much broke and penniless?  I think the Billionaire aura is really about the only thing that keeps him afloat with the masses.  Once he is seen as just like them, he will (hopefully) be discarded.  

And I personally think trumples biggest concern is not about any revelation about wrong doing, but more that he will be exposed as a sham rich guy.  I think his ego and narcissism cannot fathom that he won’t be seen by the adoring masses as the billionaire mogul diva anymore.  His entire persona is built around that.  If it is revealed that he is nothing that he claims to be and all the other impeachment stuff starts to weigh in on him, I’ve often thought he would commit suicide before enduring the shame of either resigning or being evicted and going to jail.  

• Like 1

Or more likely, as has been shown when his "charities" have been scrutinized, that real illegalities will float to the surface.  Why else has he fought so hard against their release while maintaining control over his companies? Strippers at a children's benefit and using veterans as a draw for a scam is one thing, real 'go to jail" laws being broken are another kettle of fish.

12 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Concur

I wonder what the faithful will say when they find out shitstain is pretty much broke and penniless?  I think the Billionaire aura is really about the only thing that keeps him afloat with the masses.  Once he is seen as just like them, he will (hopefully) be discarded.  

And I personally think trumples biggest concern is not about any revelation about wrong doing, but more that he will be exposed as a sham rich guy.  I think his ego and narcissism cannot fathom that he won’t be seen by the adoring masses as the billionaire mogul diva anymore.  His entire persona is built around that.  If it is revealed that he is nothing that he claims to be and all the other impeachment stuff starts to weigh in on him, I’ve often thought he would commit suicide before enduring the shame of either resigning or being evicted and going to jail.  

You're sounding like a leftie.

Keep it up.