Fiji Bitter

Brexit WTF, WTF

Recommended Posts

No way I'm going to PA.

This was a top thread, now it's fucked.

Thank you fucking idiots.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiji Bitter said:

No way I'm going to PA.

This was a top thread, now it's fucked.

Thank you fucking idiots.

Don't leave just because its in PA, frequent use of the ignore function is all that's required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But then I'd be the kind of person who posts on PA. No, I'm out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are four countermeasures we can take:

1. Start a thread on the J88 North American Championship  on PA.

2. Reply to every post by the Editor by telling him to take it to PA

3. Celebrate that Jack and Sea Warrior have found a private room in an asylum for the insane.

4. Just carry on the Brexit discussion here.........and that seems the best to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

mad

  •  

Still waiting for answers.....

  Quote

The shadow foreign secretary, Emily Thornberry, has written to the government with questions about Dominic Cummings’s connections to Russia and the levels of security vetting to which he has been subjected in Downing Street after an official-level whistleblower raised serious concerns.

Cummings, the divisive senior adviser to the prime minister, Boris Johnson, spent three years in Russia from 1994 to 1997 after he graduated from Oxford University with a first in ancient and modern history.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/dominic-cummings-labour-questions-russia-links?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1062218626_Jacksparrow.thumb.PNG.130ac0be23e62be6f6eecc090d06e355.PNG

But Starmer has not jumped into Corbyn's shoes and Corbyn is fundamentally unelectable.

Boris's bet is that :-

1) Working class hard core leavers who have traditionally voted Labour will desert their party and vote for Conservative in this one election to "get Brexit done"

2) Conservative and Centrist remainers or even those who want "Brexit with a single market"  (the inappropriately named Soft Brexit) do not have a credible option. They will not be able to bring themselves to vote for a socialist Britain, with re-nationalization of industry and redistribution of wealth. Its the ABC ,,,,,,,,Anything But Corbyn. The "Anything" includes BJ's softer Brexit.

3) The Brexit party will not divide the Brexit vote because the Tories will campaign that they have an oven ready Brexit and voting for the Brexit party makes Brexit less likely.

This election is not about Brexit....because the remainers and the Brexit with single market do not have a major political option....which is why BJ favored an election over a referendum.

The Lib Dems may attract a protest vote from remainers who cannot bring themselves to vote for Tories or Labour, but in a 1st past the post system it is not clear this wil be enough to create a hung parliament.

In simple terms, BJ/DC strategy is that Leavers will vote Tory .  The reminer vote will be split ; Tory remainers will vote Lib/Dem and Labour Remainers will vote Labour

   

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IPLore said:

1062218626_Jacksparrow.thumb.PNG.130ac0be23e62be6f6eecc090d06e355.PNG

But Starmer has not jumped into Corbyn's shoes and Corbyn is fundamentally unelectable.

Boris's bet is that :-

1) Working class hard core leavers who have traditionally voted Labour will desert their party and vote for Conservative in this one election to "get Brexit done"

2) Conservative and Centrist remainers or even those who want "Brexit with a single market"  (the inappropriately named Soft Brexit) do not have a credible option. They will not be able to bring themselves to vote for a socialist Britain, with re-nationalization of industry and redistribution of wealth. Its the ABC ,,,,,,,,Anything But Corbyn. The "Anything" includes BJ's softer Brexit.

3) The Brexit party will not divide the Brexit vote because the Tories will campaign that they have an oven ready Brexit and voting for the Brexit party makes Brexit less likely.

This election is not about Brexit....because the remainers and the Brexit with single market do not have a major political option....which is why BJ favored an election over a referendum.

The Lib Dems may attract a protest vote from remainers who cannot bring themselves to vote for Tories or Labour, but in a 1st past the post system it is not clear this wil be enough to create a hung parliament.

In simple terms, BJ/DC strategy is that Leavers will vote Tory .  The reminer vote will be split ; Tory remainers will vote Lib/Dem and Labour Remainers will vote Labour

   

 

A lot will depend on how much bullshit the Tory voters will swallow in order to get their beloved Brexit. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for answers.....

    Quote

The shadow foreign secretary, Emily Thornberry, has written to the government with questions about Dominic Cummings’s connections to Russia and the levels of security vetting to which he has been subjected in Downing Street after an official-level whistleblower raised serious concerns.

Cummings, the divisive senior adviser to the prime minister, Boris Johnson, spent three years in Russia from 1994 to 1997 after he graduated from Oxford University with a first in ancient and modern history.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/dominic-cummings-labour-questions-russia-links?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been around here long enough to remember what it was like before there was a PA? 

Don't be a snowflake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Jack for posting some of these in the other thread. 
Use the ignore function and continue the thread over in PA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mad said:

from Oxford University with a first in ancient and modern history.

It's Cambridge that has the Russian spies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was on fire, they’d be a queue waiting to throw petrol on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spankoka said:

It's Cambridge that has the Russian spies.

Equal education and careers from both it appears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Has anyone been around here long enough to remember what it was like before there was a PA? 

Don't be a snowflake.

Not a snowflake. But I have a life and life is too short to hang out on PA. Everybody needs a hobby and that's fine but posting on PA isn't about to become one of mine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Not a snowflake. But I have a life and life is too short to hang out on PA. Everybody needs a hobby and that's fine but posting on PA isn't about to become one of mine.

I could point out that the original thread was started by a very disgruntled ex-employee who didn't drop it here by accident.  Not sure how posting on a thread is hanging out but it sure makes you seem like a snowflake. NTTAWWT.  And from your ID you were here when the forum was a free for all.  It really sucked then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between BREXIT, the maladministration of Aussie Sailing, and the periodic outrages of Brisbane Protest hearings, there's barely enough time to cover on the water sailing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Not a snowflake. But I have a life and life is too short to hang out on PA. Everybody needs a hobby and that's fine but posting on PA isn't about to become one of mine.

It’s one thread, talk about making a stand for ridiculous reasons. 
 

Much like campaigning for Brexit because you want a blue passport! :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Between BREXIT, the maladministration of Aussie Sailing, and the periodic outrages of Brisbane Protest hearings, there's barely enough time to cover on the water sailing.

 

Fixed your boat yet? You don’t have time for on the water sailing, or wasting time posting on forums.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionessRacing said:

Between BREXIT, the maladministration of Aussie Sailing, and the periodic outrages of Brisbane Protest hearings, there's barely enough time to cover on the water sailing.

 

Not to forget the reviewing screw ups at J88 and Vanguard 15 North American Championships with the advantage of perfect hindsight.

Oh, and of course, the Laser, ILCA Dinghy builder scrap.

Its really requires a lot of time and energy to be an armchair sailor nowadays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

Not a snowflake. But I have a life and life is too short to hang out on PA. Everybody needs a hobby and that's fine but posting on PA isn't about to become one of mine.

Ditto.

I am happily married, have a good life.......I no longer feel the need to wander down dark alleys into dangerous online neighborhoods to find a fight.

Brexit was moderately interesting ......but if Jack and Sea Warrior want to disappear off to the dark side to continue their discussion, then I feel zero temptation to follow.

Im quite happy to have less content with better editing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IPLore said:

Ditto.

I am happily married, have a good life.......I no longer feel the need to wander down dark alleys into dangerous online neighborhoods to find a fight.

Brexit was moderately interesting ......but if Jack and Sea Warrior want to disappear off to the dark side to continue their discussion, then I feel zero temptation to follow.

Im quite happy to have less content with better editing.

I don’t think it was either of their decisions to move the thread to PA.....and virtually everyone had Sea Warrior safely on ignore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberal Democrats are suing ITV for excluding Jo Swinson from the "leaders debate" and have used a very fine law firm for the suit.

Quite right. In the EU parliament elections held earlier this year the LD won more votes and more seats that either the Tories or Labour.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

Fixed your boat yet? You don’t have time for on the water sailing, or wasting time posting on forums.  :lol:

My boat will be a multi-year project, i've got several before retirement to go. During the work week, watching the process/device semiconductor simulations run, I have a bit of spare bandwidth. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mad said:

A lot will depend on how much bullshit the Tory voters will swallow in order to get their beloved Brexit. 

Its not the Tories beloved Brexit, the the democraticaly voted by the people of UK's Brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

No way I'm going to PA.

This was a top thread, now it's fucked.

Thank you fucking idiots.

Fiji thanks a lot for fucking off and leaving me behind. What happened to the golden rule of don't leave a man in the field?

I just woke up feeling dirty, looked down and there was Wayne humping my leg. I left a Brexit escape hatch behind in case someone normal was still trapped back there. 

Actually that move to PA a pretty dumb move by the mods. This thread while not a lot of posters produces a lot of content and gets large number of views. 300k or 4K / week and still going nearly a year on isn't too shabby.

So it seems many actually use this thread as a half decent Brexit news source while easilly navigating in SA doing water stuff. I had to escape PA quickly so light on baggage but brought a couple of more interesting posts yesterday with me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Has anyone been around here long enough to remember what it was like before there was a PA? 

Don't be a snowflake.

Yep.  Been here since it was just a message board, before there was even a BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mad said:

Credit to Jack for posting some of these in the other thread. 
Use the ignore function and continue the thread over in PA 

We have a follow up. In defending JRM another MP has doubled down and made his comments blatant with no ambiguity.

They are insane.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have this about Farage 

Farage takes aim at leave voters in Labour seats when entering the ring in Bolsover

Copy here of PA post about this Bolsover electorate. Fromage might be getting knocked out here by both Labour and Tories.

This thread well worth the read about large Leave Labour seats (say 70%) that both the Tory's and Brexit Party want to fight over as prime targets. Conclusions if you unfold tweet.

- Labour voters in Labour Leave seats are in fact *not* Leave voters. You will see that in this 70% Leave seat, Labour's vote is in fact only 45% Leave - the rest is Remain (42%) and did not vote (13%). 

- Brexit Party will make Conservatives job extremely hard and to do well themselves need to get a huge slab of Con Leave Voters. 

- If say a quarter of Labour were to defect to LDs then Lab would be in trouble. For instance Labour Remain minority disatisfied with Corbyn personally?

- On paper Labour looks safe.

- If Wales is not going Tory's way (as polls show contrary to expectation for what they are worth) and these large Leave Labour seats stay ideological, then places for Cons to find seats for those already lost by members defecting and in Scotland, start to look like rockinghorse shit.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing Anarchy

All things sailing, brought to you by Marlow Ropes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And from the Sherlock Holmes Truth in Advertising Crew.

The PR boffins at #10 took this from 9.35.

 

And turned it into this from 0.55

 

So the electorate is abuzz with "Tory Trust issues and then they pull a stunt like that. 

If that is not blind panic what is it???? Another oops sorry?

They are fucking insane.

Twitter Thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IPLore said:

This election is not about Brexit....because  the remainers and the Brexit with single market  do not have a major political option....which is why BJ favored an election over a referendum.

In simple terms, BJ/DC strategy is that Leavers will vote Tory  The reminer vote will be split ; Tory remainers will vote Lib/Dem and Labour Remainers will vote Labour

Brexit friendly Remainer's do not have a political option?

Labour gives Remainer's that want (or more precisely accept) Brexit with Single Market. They in fact get two bites with Labours Soft Brexit OR No Brexit Referendum and can't lose. You say Labour Remainer's will stick with Labour??? I agree and presume on ideological grounds?

I agree this election is not solely about Brexit. This is where Boris may have overplayed his hand and now appearing to be getting frustrated. So it is either;

1. Labour Leavers voting Tory over Brexit Party

OR 

2. Labour voters in Labour Leave seats are in fact *not* Leave voters.

The seat of Bolsover that is 70% Leavers in post upthread seems to support the latter that Brexit will not change their political ideology and particularly Nth and SW seats where current generation saw what Thatcher did to their parents.

Going to be interesting to see the impact of who loses this election more than who wins it. Corbyn personally is certainly in that "lose" factor field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least one trail pitch for Labours pitch seems to involve "Corbyn is the change you voted Brexit for" and seeking to ride the same anger train, this time using Radcliffe (keep this sailing right?), Mike Ashley and Murdock as the bogeymen (nice of them to target northerners and foreigners by the way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris announcing his manifesto exclusively in the Daily Torygraph ....super idea to include Russian reference in headline when you are under attack for holding back on Russian interference intelligence report.

This on top of a good days innings yesterday, 5 solid boundaries.

* refusal to publish report on Russia
* abusing civil service on not costing Labour policy (yet refusing to cost their own)
* doctoring video of Keir.                                                                * no starter homes built in 4 years.                                                * 2 Grenfell brain explosions

What is the word that comes way after deranged???

EIpJFo4XYAA6SW6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you think Tories are nuts try this one on for size.

Is there a huge super secret mission by opposing parties to get Jezza elected??

Will the DUP be calling for a Border Poll next?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is their some Brexiteer fixation with burning buildings, tragedy and being a complete callous arsehole?

So TBP and Tories are predominantly sociopaths.

 

 

EIog_VWWoAEzvjU.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fiji thanks a lot for fucking off and leaving me behind. What happened to the golden rule of don't leave a man in the field?

I just woke up feeling dirty, looked down and there was Wayne humping my leg. I left a Brexit escape hatch behind in case someone normal was still trapped back there. 

Actually that move to PA a pretty dumb move by the mods. This thread while not a lot of posters produces a lot of content and gets large number of views. 300k or 4K / week and still going nearly a year on isn't too shabby.

So it seems many actually use this thread as a half decent Brexit news source while easilly navigating in SA doing water stuff. I had to escape PA quickly so light on baggage but brought a couple of more interesting posts yesterday with me.

So have we moved back here then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mad said:

So have we moved back here then?

So you guys couldn't hack it it the political world of PA but instead wimp back to where the ordinary can be kings. Snowflakes or wimps ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mad said:

It’s one thread, talk about making a stand for ridiculous reasons. 

I'm not making a stand, I'm exercising a choice. PA is like buggery, some people think the pleasure is worth the shit. They are entitled to their opinion but so am I. 

Sorry to see we appear to have lost LeoV along the way, who had much to contribute.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

I'm not making a stand, I'm exercising a choice. PA is like buggery, some people think the pleasure is worth the shit. They are entitled to their opinion but so am I. 

Sorry to see we appear to have lost LeoV along the way, who had much to contribute.

 

Well that's an analogy I've not heard before! :blink::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

We have a follow up. In defending JRM another MP has doubled down and made his comments blatant with no ambiguity.

They are insane.

 

 

Time for a quick U-turn again..............

Quote

Grenfell Tower: Second apology over Jacob Rees-Mogg comments

A Conservative candidate has apologised for defending Jacob Rees-Mogg's comments that it would have been "common sense" to flee the Grenfell Tower fire.

Andrew Bridgen said Mr Rees-Mogg would have made a "better decision" than authority figures who gave people advice on the night of the fire.

He has now apologised "unreservedly" for his choice of words.

The Conservative Party chairman said both were "wrong" in what they said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50314112

Brought to you by the party that blatantly doesn't give a fuck about people other than their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Brexit friendly Remainer's do not have a political option?

Labour gives Remainer's that want (or more precisely accept) Brexit with Single Market. They in fact get two bites with Labours Soft Brexit OR No Brexit Referendum and can't lose. You say Labour Remainer's will stick with Labour??? I agree and presume on ideological grounds?

I agree this election is not solely about Brexit. This is where Boris may have overplayed his hand and now appearing to be getting frustrated. So it is either;

1. Labour Leavers voting Tory over Brexit Party

OR 

2. Labour voters in Labour Leave seats are in fact *not* Leave voters.

The seat of Bolsover that is 70% Leavers in post upthread seems to support the latter that Brexit will not change their political ideology and particularly Nth and SW seats where current generation saw what Thatcher did to their parents.

Going to be interesting to see the impact of who loses this election more than who wins it. Corbyn personally is certainly in that "lose" factor field.

Your point #2 is not supported by the Bolsover demographics. If Labour leave voters desert the Labour Party , Labour loses Bolsover. If Labour remainers desert the Labour Party, Labour loses......which of course explains the fence sitting. 
 

If anyone thinks Corbyn’s Brexit policy/manifesto is based on ideological grounds rather than political expediency then they are smoking strong weed. At heart, Corbyn has always been a leaver, so that the U.K. can pursue a socialist agenda and nationalization unfettered by EU competition law. 
 

Labour will likely keep its Remain voters, but the risk is that at the margin they will lose some Leave voters and this will NOT be compensated for by winning any Tory Remain voters.   Tory Remain voters will (A) never vote for a Socialist  (B) who at heart wants to leave the EU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This on top of a good days innings yesterday, 5 solid boundaries.

* refusal to publish report on Russia
* abusing civil service on not costing Labour policy (yet refusing to cost their own)
* doctoring video of Keir.                                                                * no starter homes built in 4 years.                                                * 2 Grenfell brain explosions

What is the word that comes way after deranged???

I missed the Welsh aid rape thing, transition extension, billionaires and  Soviet front page.. she missed housing so it was a magic 8 boundaries with no FP.

The empty chair and James Cleverley party boss...who is today not looking too cleverley.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

1. Labour Leavers voting Tory over Brexit Party

OR 

2. Labour voters in Labour Leave seats are in fact *not* Leave voters.

The seat of Bolsover that is 70% Leavers in post upthread seems to support the latter that Brexit will not change their political ideology...  

 

41 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Your point #2 is not supported by the Bolsover demographics.

Maybe you should take that up with author I'm just the postman, though unwind his thread he does seem to make a lot of substantiated sense. See last sentence below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope someone showed up or is he just practising???

Yes if only you allowed sufficient time to debate WAB there would never have been an election. Lying cunt.

The why did you not allow that??? simple and is front page today.......it is back again  to your old Brussels sabre rattling of "No Deal December 2020...die in a ditch...come what may"  time again. Fuck me you are really sending everyone giddy at home and in Brussels. Fromage got you worried Boris??

Mate you really are a transparent idiot with a unhealthy passion for ditches and dieing.

Hopefully come 13 December your passion will be rewarded.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farage is dead right except for apportioning the credit.

Headline should read "Nigel Farage exposes how Boris Johnson 'torpedoed' Boris Johnson's general election campaign", not crediting Barnier. 

Boris and Boris alone chose December 2020 as end of transition period and knowing that an extension is 100% guaranteed, but now lying saying one won't be sought at cut off period of June next year to keep Fromage at bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Now we have proof: the government used your money to lie about poor people

Early this summer, a national newspaper published a string of curious articles. Under the logo Universal Credit Uncovered, the features promised readers of the Metro the truth about this most notorious of all benefits. The series began with a giant advert wrapped around the cover of the paper, coupled with a four-page spread right in its centre, and continued week upon week for nine weeks. Launched by the Department for Work and Pensions, it was an unprecedented attempt to salvage the reputation of a policy that had been attacked by MPs on all sides, plunged families into starvation and homelessness, and driven councils dealing with the fallout to call for its abolition.

That suffering across the country was dismissed by the DWP as “negativity and scaremongering” in an internal memo I saw and reported on here weeks beforehand. Signed by three top officials, it described the campaign to the Metro’s 2.5 million daily readers as “very different to anything that we’ve done before”. The civil servants crowed over how readers might be deceived into treating the advertorials as independent reporting: “The features won’t look or feel like DWP or UC [universal credit] – you won’t see our branding … We want to grab the readers’ attention and make them wonder who has done this ‘UC uncovered’ investigation.”

Yeah, we really trust this lot with everything they say................... Fuck sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/06/government-universal-credit-deception-asa-taxpayer-funded-features

 

Quote

We stand at the edge of an election campaign, a period traditionally marked by half-truths, plausible fibs and outright partisan lies. Yet even amid the discursive sewage that is about to deluge us, this deceit is far different and vastly more serious. First, that campaign was paid for by taxpayers like you and me. The DWP’s own filings show that £225,000 was paid to the Metro to run ads now declared “misleading”, “unsubstantiated” and “exaggerated”. Almost a quarter of million pounds was taken off us to lie to us.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mad said:

Yeah, we really trust this lot with everything they say................... Fuck sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/06/government-universal-credit-deception-asa-taxpayer-funded-features

Every day something like this is revealed for the Government to defend. They can't get any campaign traction while this keeps going. 

The party/persons who are handing Corbyn the keys to #10 is the Govt/Boris, no-one else at the moment.

Corbyn simply can't believe his good luck. He is marching towards 12 December while the Torys keeps shitting the bed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Boris announcing his manifesto exclusively in the Daily Torygraph ....super idea to include Russian reference in headline when you are under attack for holding back on Russian interference intelligence report.

This on top of a good days innings yesterday, 5 solid boundaries.

* refusal to publish report on Russia
* abusing civil service on not costing Labour policy (yet refusing to cost their own)
* doctoring video of Keir.                                                                * no starter homes built in 4 years.                                                * 2 Grenfell brain explosions

What is the word that comes way after deranged???

EIpJFo4XYAA6SW6.jpeg

Define negative campaigning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought to you by the man who said "Fuck business".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tories are winning the "Twitter is fucking us" competition by a country mile.

Just a few samples

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stormzy who ever the fuck he is has called Jacob Rees-Mogg "an actual piece of shit" and called for his resignation...can't wait to see vid of his next show...the Edwardian Pencils ears will be burning.

 

Meanwhile Boris rattled of 3 lies in first two minutes that he has funded “40 new hospitals” (he hasn’t) that Labour are planning a Scottish independence referendum next year (they’re not) and that he didn’t want an early election (he did)

People are even counting now everytime he opens his mouth.

 

And damage control from #10???...they are just "getting the barnacles off the boat now"?If these are only barnacles what else is around the corner. WTF.

 

As to the expert's opinion on these barnacles.

Well how about from the Chief Political Correspondent and Assistant Editor of the "Daily Torygraph" you can't get more partisan than that. I would hate to hear what he really thought.

 

Some people who know the layout of #10 well are are even pissing themselves laughing.

 

Meanwhile Labour keep Brexit nice and simple, don't allow it to distract and just keep ploughing on through their election manifesto list on the ground, on the airwaves and online.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then there's this little gem as well.............

Quote

A UK cabinet minister has resigned over claims he knew about a former aide's role in the "sabotage" of a rape trial.

Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns denied knowing Tory assembly candidate Ross England made claims about the victim's sexual history in an April 2018 trial.

But BBC Wales discovered Mr Cairns was emailed about it in August 2018 - four months before Mr England was chosen as Vale of Glamorgan candidate.

Mr Cairns still intends to stand as a Tory candidate in the general election.

Quote

At the 2017 general election, Mr Cairns won the seat by 2,190 votes over Labour.

Mr England, who was selected as the candidate for the Vale of Glamorgan, said he had given an "honest answer" while giving evidence at the rape trial of his friend James Hackett.

He told the court he had a casual sexual relationship with the complainant - which she denied - despite the judge making it clear that evidence of the sexual history of the victim was inadmissible.

Judge Stephen John Hopkins QC said to him: "Why did you say that? Are you completely stupid?

"You have managed single-handed, and I have no doubt it was deliberate on your part, to sabotage this trial… get out of my court."

Hackett was subsequently convicted of rape at a retrial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50302173

Nice, upstanding members of the community in the Tory field.  Who wouldn't want to vote for them? :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EYESAILOR said:

If anyone thinks Corbyn’s Brexit policy/manifesto is based on ideological grounds rather than political expediency then they are smoking strong weed. 

No-one with half a brain talks Brexit and "ideology" in the same breath with any party except Brexit Party and SNP/Lib Dems/Ind for No Brexit.

An example of ideological measures on individual policy for the majors is as follows.

ideo.png.475e4d32acc2d3293a1670534b0b7d30.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Sorry to see we appear to have lost LeoV along the way, who had much to contribute.

@LeoV said he was going to take a break during election campaign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, mad said:

Still waiting for answers.....

Mad seems the dog at #10 has eaten the Russian Election Interference MI5 Report, however Open Democracy are now adding to their list of Tory Russian cash.

Then that subject related to the Vote Leave campaign where Johnson, Gove and Cummings refusal to front up to HOC  Special Committee. Too late now pre election after Boris's trip to Buckingham Palace today.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out here in Scotland. There have been some big swings in results over recent cycles. Conventional wisdom is that Labour can't win an overall majority without Scottish seats but they are making a play for Nationalist support. The SNP are playing their cards close to their chest on this point for now but are not ruling it out: arguably, neither party want to be seen to be too closely aligned at this stage but both are aware that it may be expedient to work together in the near future, so are wary of being too strident on the subject.

 The Tories may be in for a rough time, see below from the economist in September. This was before Ruth Davidson's departure and it's important to note that she was no fan of Boris and that she was firmly in the Remain camp, arguing very strongly against a hard brexit and determined to use the Scottish Remain vote and the significant influence the Scottish Tory seats were able to wield in Westminster to block it. Jackson Carlaw is now interim leader and it may well be that his much closer alignment to Boris and his cronies is not helping this case.

https://www.economist.com/britain/2019/09/05/without-scotland-the-tories-may-struggle-to-win-a-majority

 There is talk of the Conservatives being annihilated, here. A few votes may go to to the Brexit party and the Lib Dems will probably gain share, if not necessarily a significant number of seats. The main Tory message so far seems to have been vote for us to save the Union, which is slightly at odds with the rumour going around that the most effective way to build support for Independence is for Boris to be returned as PM! It won't be good for the Union if Boris manages to win a majority with no Scottish support and exploits that to take the UK out of the EU.

 Early days still, and the mainstream media don't seem to have picked up on the reality of the threat, yet. Maybe they never will... it's a complex situation, and difficult to distil into a digestible discussion but ignoring the potential impact risks exacerbating the problem.

Cheers,

               W.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mad seems the dog at #10 has eaten the Russian Election Interference MI5 Report, however Open Democracy are now adding to their list of Tory Russian cash.

Then that subject related to the Vote Leave campaign where Johnson, Gove and Cummings refusal to front up to HOC  Special Committee. Too late now pre election after Boris's trip to Buckingham Palace today.

 

 

There must be a point where the whole validity of Brexit, the last government and this election are seriously questioned!! 
 

you beat me too it with that link as well. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 4:42 AM, Fiji Bitter said:

No way I'm going to PA.

This was a top thread, now it's fucked.

Thank you fucking idiots.

 

we got tired of waiting for them to leave...   the thread could have gone for decades ..

 

brexit-memes3.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck a day does not go by now that someone shows Boris just keeps fucking lying. 

In essence Johnson took May's spending announcements expresed in real £ (which is the accepted norm) and added inflation plus some some double dipping.

So Johnson's NHS will get £34bn, the true figure is £20.5bn. Johnson claims schools will get £14bn, the true figure is £4.3bn.

There was no spending increase at all. He simply pulled £24bn or a 100% increase out of his arse.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

@LeoV said he was going to take a break during election campaign.

 

Yup,  also some interesting sailing going on in the TJV and Brest Atlantiques.

For the moment the UK is embroiled in a political sh*tfight and not so much brexit related - I admit it is one of the promises, promises, but so many things are and this is not hugely interesting.  Tune in a fortnight before January 31st when things start hitting the fan again :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck a day does not go by now that someone shows Boris just keeps fucking lying. 

In essence Johnson took May's spending announcements expresed in real £ (which is the accepted norm) and added inflation plus some some double dipping.

So Johnson's NHS will get £34bn, the true figure is £20.5bn. Johnson claims schools will get £14bn, the true figure is £4.3bn.

There was no spending increase at all. He simply pulled £24bn or a 100% increase out of his arse.

 

 

Jeez!! The BBC have finally pulled finger and starting to fact check. 
I bet it doesn’t make the headlines though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mad said:

Jeez!! The BBC have finally pulled finger and starting to fact check. 
I bet it doesn’t make the headlines though. 

Yes it comes straight out of his Red Bus book.

To put that £24bn "arse pull" into context it represents 3 years UK Contribution to EU Budget (net incl of public & private sector rebates).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mad said:

Jeez!! The BBC have finally pulled finger and starting to fact check. 
I bet it doesn’t make the headlines though. 

Why would this make the news? Nothing new here. Boris' mendacity is well established going back decades. Saying Boris is lying is a bit like like a headline reading "BREAKING NEWS: SOURCES SAY SUN RISES IN THE EAST"

Sure to be followed up by an update on the number of "missstatements" by Trump and  then the shocker - scientists confirm sun sets in the west.

I'm looking forward to the headlines that read "Confirmed Boris spoke the truth" and "Trump made three factual statements in a row"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is easing up on Cleverly.

This refers to him floundering again but in person (not as a chair) under questioning from Nick Robinson on #r4today.

 

 

EH9VX5nXkAAUhAn.thumb.jpeg.045b6a6839a26e9ebc2ed04184752178.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True but Momentum/Labour are no slouches on-line and Labour boots on the ground far out weigh the Tories. Pushing Corbyn they are going to need every boot though.

 

Typical Facebook Tory pop up.

EIrHqQVXsAAee1H.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

 

Funny how on 5th November, Ian Lucas, MP from Wrexham tries to shine a light on the dark forces at work on social media:

 

and then the next day.....Facebook gets to work!

image.png.f10f72b393af8f2c5b4a6d9bf6a2a855.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KC375 said:

Why would this make the news? Nothing new here. Boris' mendacity is well established going back decades. Saying Boris is lying is a bit like like a headline reading "BREAKING NEWS: SOURCES SAY SUN RISES IN THE EAST"

Sure to be followed up by an update on the number of "missstatements" by Trump and  then the shocker - scientists confirm sun sets in the west.

I'm looking forward to the headlines that read "Confirmed Boris spoke the truth" and "Trump made three factual statements in a row"

This particular little shitpile took place well before the Johnson turned up, it just shows an endemic level of downright dishonesty and lying that is the Tory party. 
Johnson is just trying to surf the wave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

No one is easing up on Cleverly.

This refers to him floundering again but in person (not as a chair) under questioning from Nick Robinson on #r4today.

 

 

EH9VX5nXkAAUhAn.thumb.jpeg.045b6a6839a26e9ebc2ed04184752178.jpeg

What’s the story behind that first Tweet??  
 

That’s very disturbing and if it’s a so called parody clip? Then whoever posted it has just lost the upper hand and sunk even lower than the sewer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IPLore said:

Funny how on 5th November, Ian Lucas, MP from Wrexham tries to shine a light on the dark forces at work on social media:

 

and then the next day.....Facebook gets to work!

image.png.f10f72b393af8f2c5b4a6d9bf6a2a855.png

You have to admit it, it’s very skilful use of data and a quick reaction. Almost like a Russian trained and backed propaganda program. 
 

Remind me again about Cummings speaking fluent Russian and living there for 3 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the embarrassing theatrics of Boris's jiberish outside #10 wasn't enough it then got worse at the Conservative party rally in Birmingham to launch his campaign.

Was it staged or no one showed up? Looks like a movie set to me. 

The mainstream media showed closeups to avoid embarassment I presume. Reported more Labour protesters outside than the 500 or so inside.

This election is getting weirder by the day...it is appearing like a carefully contrived exercise by the Govt to hoodwink the public.

 

IMG_20191107_123614.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck a day does not go by now that someone shows Boris just keeps fucking lying....

....There was no spending increase at all. He simply pulled £24bn or a 100% increase out of his arse.

 

12 hours ago, mad said:

Jeez!! The BBC have finally pulled finger and starting to fact check. 
I bet it doesn’t make the headlines though

 

12 hours ago, KC375 said:

Why would this make the news? Nothing new here. Boris' mendacity is well established going back decades. Saying Boris is lying is a bit like like a headline reading "BREAKING NEWS: SOURCES SAY SUN RISES IN THE EAST"

You forget how #10 have changed media relations policy since Boris and his sheila moved in. That has been if you want access to Boris/the Government you have to give up some/all independence. Laura K  with her knickers around her ankles/PM interview exclusivity/all feeds and BBC in particular signed up to that in a flash.

Others followed in varying degrees if not biased already and were rewarded with "sources from within" leaks like hungry lap dogs. BTW this is not just peculiar to the Government, opposition parties do it too, but not from the same position of power.

However that "#10 media influencing" game has now come to an end to some extent. Parliament and Govt ceased to exist yesterday so media agreements are at an end and it is now all gloves off for the next 5 weeks. Also more official media/electoral watchdog eyes now.

Therefore it is no coincidence that BBC £24bn fact check above came out of the woodwork yesterday. It was the first one of a series the BBC are doing and the guy doing it was his maiden run. Similarly Sky News have now started a daily election fact check segment.

So will things change and how will it be translated by the media??

Keep an eye out for that £24bn and if front pages today being either;

"Boris's Birmingham Rally Election Launch a Movie Set"

IMG_20191107_123614.jpg.977d7e0c7db2ede2e553264a67f408e7.jpg

OR

"Boris Fizzing with Energy & Firing on all Cylinders at Birmingham Rally Election Launch"

IMG_20191107_123555.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KC375 said:

Why would this make the news? Nothing new here. Boris' mendacity is well established going back decades. Saying Boris is lying is a bit like like a headline reading "BREAKING NEWS: SOURCES SAY SUN RISES IN THE EAST"

Sure to be followed up by an update on the number of "missstatements" by Trump and  then the shocker - scientists confirm sun sets in the west.

I'm looking forward to the headlines that read "Confirmed Boris spoke the truth" and "Trump made three factual statements in a row"

As of October 19, according to the Washington Post Fact Checker, Trump had made 13, 434 false or misleading claims since he took office in January 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^^ Starting with the BBC for any Day#1 media bias.

I score this as Laura K has pulled her Boris embroided knickers up but only to the knees. The backdrop behind her Tory Rally PR extras she labels "party faithfull" and BBC News Birmingham Rally coverage is only Boris close ups inside on the movie set.

Maybe the daily's will treat Birmingham launch differently?

 

As for fact checking the BBC are on to it.

 

The £24bn Boris pulled out of his arse for NHS and Education are in BBC fact check, but not the headline act it deserves.

Fact checking should be a given not just a luxury made available by the national broadcaster once parliament dissolved so I'm giving the BBC a pass mark but only just on day #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still trying to find any reference to Birmingham Movie Set in main stream media which isn't a good sign. Did stumble across in a paywall an interesting opinion piece.

The thrust of it together with some observations of my own is;

- Johnson is not in control of events, as the past week has shown, however that is not a revelation.

- Five more weeks yet to run with campaigns of all parties reasonably easy to foresee but foreseeing the trajectory of the Conservatives campaign is nearly impossible. Will it be an improvement or worse than to date?

- Johnson's campaign is based on the idea that Brexit can and has to be “done” swiftly, reflecting that voters be they Leavers or Remainer's are sick of  Brexit.

- For instance the U turn on taking away parliamentry oversight of transition period the most recent policy response, but that introduces a Dec 2020 "die in ditch" date again which either makes them grateful or sick of Brexit even more.

- However Brexit is also now consuming passion of many Tory party members and MP's and unwittingly perhaps, reflecting their electoral feelings voters are sick of the Tories too.

- So if Birmingham Rally wasn't a movie set it could only be a low roll up of only 500 or so faithful to a GE launch. That is unheard of. On the other hand Labour have a lot of very vocal and well organised boots on the ground.

- The above is even more acute with the Brexit Party as they don't have a manifesto that includes anything else to mix things up or wind the Brexit volume down with, only a Brexit No Deal crash out to bang on about. That is hinderance not a help to the Tories.

- Opposition parties on the other hand are taking Brexit off the table or in Labours case making it low key and secondary to their policy messages. 

If there is any validity to the above then Johnson by calling a snap election in advance of "getting Brexit done" may prove to show he has unwittingly killed both Brexit, the Tory party and his King of the World dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having much luck finding anyone doing a movie review of "Birmingham Rally 2019" 

The Daily Mail very much a verbatim with Boris's colourful turn of phrase the headline.

Boris Johnson formally launches the Conservative Party's election campaign ......blasts Nigel Farage as "a candle seller at the dawn of the lightbulb"

However the Mail did print a picture of the movie cast and extras in the wardrobe department before filming started.

Funny I imagined political activists when attending a party rally having to spend hours beforehand trying to chose between one of the many coloured outfits they have in the wardrobe at home?? Tory faithfull must be different??? 

There also must have been a mix up at the Chinese T-Shirt factory where they forgot to change the colour after doing the Brexit Party T-Shirt run or just a coincidence? You can't tell a Tory or a BP fanboy apart now. Funny about that.

20684778-7657145-image-a-27_1573065695758.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

If the embarrassing theatrics of Boris's jiberish outside #10 wasn't enough it then got worse at the Conservative party rally in Birmingham to launch his campaign.

Was it staged or no one showed up? Looks like a movie set to me. 

The mainstream media showed closeups to avoid embarassment I presume. Reported more Labour protesters outside than the 500 or so inside.

This election is getting weirder by the day...it is appearing like a carefully contrived exercise by the Govt to hoodwink the public.

 

IMG_20191107_123614.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anymore sycophancy and I’m going puke! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mad said:

Anymore sycophancy and I’m going puke! 

You guys are conveniently forgetting the biggest story of the day such is your blinkered views on the proceedings. Now that in itself has just given probably 40 seats to Boris and Nige.

Tom Watson

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/11/tom-watsons-exit-double-victory-jeremy-corbyn

So the also rans just couldn't make the grade on PA, such poor little babes just have to be king of the clowns here where nobody will dish the dirt or we'll put you on "ignore", sums you guys up a bit.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck..someone didn't lock the hatch behind them.....a Troll got lonely and escaped.

 

I thought everybody had him on ignore anyway? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mad said:

I thought everybody had him on ignore anyway? :P

Warning on escape got out when Garth hoisted the Union Jack upside down.

 

tenor (5).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Fuck..someone didn't lock the hatch behind them.....the silence there drove a Troll into escaping to here.

I think you might have the Troll referenced to the wrong guy, I know a poster on here that has put in over 10000 posts of pretty much of puerile and childish rehashs of the Twittersphere and Guardian anti Brexit bashing, without ever thinking there may actually be another side to the story.

So sit in your guilded cage, spend probably at least 20 hours a day on some days, 364 days a year, tappety tapping away on your keyboard and all for absolutely no ability to have any input what so ever into the out come. One has to ask who is the Troll ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is that take out the MP's and large journalists (who obviously didn't look backwards) contingent, there were fuck all people there. Totally staged and yet written up and reported as barnstorming rally of the Tory faithful. Fuck me.

 

EIwQNFqXkAEmwpV.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for old man yelling at clouds"

This sprang to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites