Fiji Bitter

Brexit WTF, WTF

That RS-Archer thread starts to be more fiction then reality to me. But who knows ???

2 hours ago, LeoV said:

But the feeling is the EU is fed up with Brexit.

I can't imagine why

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

That RS-Archer thread starts to be more fiction then reality to me. But who knows ???

It does seem to stretch plausibility...but if six years ago you had read a description of the evolution of UK government and the Brexit process...you would have assumed you stumbled on unpublished Monty Python scripts.

• Like 2

Oh and the EU does not fear a Brexit any more. There was enough time with all the extensions to get used to it. It will not be a crash any more.

1 hour ago, toolbar said:

RS-Archer thread seems to be too good to be true. 

Paul

Yes,

and no.

Having lived in a working class area of UK and in a small town in France, enough of this rings true to just be within the plausible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

They demonstrate in "irrefutable" detail that the UK have NO fucking idea what they have "done", NO fucking idea what they are "doing," NO fucking idea what "to do" and NO fucking idea what "happens" in 6 months time after 31 December.....except what ever it is it must be Brussels fault.

That "NO fucking idea" collection requires special skills, plus to boot, there is NO joke on the international stage now which has a higher standing than the UK (outside Trump's tweets). 

The only possible thing that could top that "NO fucking idea" collection, is a 8th post, but from @Waynemarlow saying he now has "no fucking idea" how he made a mistake voting leave 4 years ago (but still won't know for sure for 10 years).:lol:

Classic symptoms of Brexit Anxiety Disorder.

Great article on such people with this disorder by LeoV’s favourite source.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-anxiety-disorder-britain-middle-class/

They are acting no differently to what psychologists would expect from those suffering from chronic anxiety caused by loss of control and insecurity, Dr. Philip Corr, professor of psychology and behavioral economics at the University of London, and Dr. Simon Stuart, a clinical psychologist, told POLITICO.

In such circumstances, Corr and Stuart said, patients can become prone to anger, despair and rumination, while slipping into polarized "in" and "out" groups, seeking solace in the demonization of the "other," whom they blame for the current state of affairs.

Hey Jack, like the way the Aussie phone App is working, yet to actually contact someone who has caught Covid 19.

Anyway get original with anxiety.. you were diagnosed first. :lol:

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Irrespective it still regarded by Psychologists as acute "cognitive dissonance" with the associated discomfort, tension, shame, and anxiety that will continue for years and caused by his original decision to vote Leave. :lol:

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Hey Jack, like the way the Aussie phone App is working, yet to actually contact someone who has caught Covid 19.

Wayne that's because Apps don't catch people who have caught Covid....it is for contact identification of people who have been in contact with someone positive and for people they have been on contact with. You really aren't very good at this 

Couple of reasons why App not overworked apart from the non existent national transmission rate with contacts not turning into cases. 

- Positive cases are quarantined using manual tracing that has been going since day one. 

- Australia has the highest tests per confirmed case in the world. About 30 X higher than UK. That translates into early detection and isolation.

- Up until recently a country of 26 million having no new cases so nothing to chase. There has been a recent breakout involving less than 100/24 cases in one state.

Anyway why would someone from the UK with the highest mortality rate in the world and with no App, critisise a country with a working App and having one of the lowest Covid mortality rates in the world?

The UK had more deaths yesterday than Australia's total.

That is fucking weird post even for you Wayne. 

4 hours ago, LeoV said:

Why is the UK not a 3rd country now and will be next year ?

But not a 3rd country yet, as there is an extension  under art 50.

Leo from 'European Council - Council of the European Union' - Brexit Timeline - 31 January 2021

"The UK is no longer an EU member state and is considered a third country."

Maybe yours and others a case of differing definition to EU? For instance WA existence is pursuant to A.50, so A.50 technically is still alive??

However there are things in WA that extend beyond 31 December 2020. For instance the Ireland, Gibraltar and Malta Protocols. 

50 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne that's because Apps don't catch people who have caught Covid....it is for contact identification of people who have been in contact with someone positive and for people they have been on contact with.

Sorry poor wording used remorsely by yourself, you would make the perfect nob end who would protest everyone at a sailing comp.

I'll let the article describe it better

The Australian government has admitted its Covid-19 contact tracing app has not identified a single contact not already known as the country recorded its highest number of daily new cases since April.

The surge was largely in the state of Victoria where 75 new cases were recorded in 24 hours, making up the vast majority of the 85 new infections recorded across the entire country.

The state's health minister Jenny Mikakos said the latest cases were “overwhelmingly concentrated” in ten suburbs of the state’s capital, Melbourne, which had been identified as community transmission hotspots.

The rise marked the 13th consecutive day of double-digit increases in the number of coronavirus cases in the state, whose tally since the pandemic began now stands at 2,099. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/29/surge-cases-australia-government-admits-tracing-app-has-not/

But Jack I have to agree with you, Australia has done well re Covid protection but then I guess you are not exactly overwhelmed with people flying in from other countries just now.

26 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Sorry poor wording used remorsely by yourself, you would make the perfect nob end who would protest everyone at a sailing comp.

I'll let the article describe it better

The Australian government has admitted its Covid-19 contact tracing app has not identified a single contact not already known as the country recorded its highest number of daily new cases since April.

Not poor wording, you lied by snipping/omission what is underlined. I object to people who cheat and lie.

"..Covid-19 contact tracing app has not identified a single contact not already known as the country recorded ..."

Versus Wayne.

"...Aussie phone App is working, yet to actually contact someone who has caught Covid 19"  

I particularly object to those pricks who continue when they have been caught out cheating and lying and claiming they haven't, and more so after it has been explained to them why they are wrong.

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

17 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

But Jack I have to agree with you, Australia has done well re Covid protection but then I guess you are not exactly overwhelmed with people flying in from other countries just now.

Your going to have to explain that, you clearly know more than I.

Lisbon treaty which make exiting possible in art 50.
The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement.

Lisbon treaty has article 50 that allows withdrawal agreement, which has a date end 2020 for transition.

I said article 50 is the umbrella, I was wrong, Lisbon treaty is that. So end of art 50 but not Lisbon treaty.

Anyway, after 2020 the UK is a real 3rd country. And things will change. WTF does considered mean :)

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not poor wording, you lied. I object to people who cheat and lie.

"..Covid-19 contact tracing app has not identified a single contact not already known as the country recorded ..."

Versus Wayne.

"...Aussie phone App is working, yet to actually contact someone..."  

I particularly object to those pricks who continue when they have been caught out cheating and lying and after that has been explained to them why they are wrong.

See there now is the true Jacks school boyish prose, unlike

- Positive cases are quarantined using manual tracing that has been going since day one. 

- Australia has the highest tests per confirmed case in the world. About 30 X higher than UK. That translates into early detection and isolation.

- Up until recently a country of 26 million having no new cases so nothing to chase. There has been a recent breakout involving less than 100/24 cases in one state.

Which is obviously a different author. Now in my book " Cheat and lie" are, strong words, quite happy to admit it was a poor use of English, but no, there was no attempt to cheat and lie. I have not to date nor need to " cheat and lie " on a thread on a forum that's read by about 4 people around the world, to try and impress unlike you who blatantly are by using the words " cheat and lie " to try and big the response up.

Tssk what a foolish little man who can only survive by resorting to backup crew to do the bulk of his posts. So who is the cheat or liar ?

4 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

So who is the cheat or liar ?

I think continuing to do so to try and weasel out of it, the category moves to lying cunt.

RC Archer twit probably fake, new account, never posted before, stock photo's of person and car.

Jack in my world " cunts " are useful desirable things, have you forgotten the worth of a cunt as you wank so furiously over your keyboard ? or do you just use the word " cunt " to try and impress your little minnions ?

13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

the category moves to lying cunt.

6 minutes ago, LeoV said:

RC Archer twit probably fake, new account, never posted before, stock photo's of person and car.

A few suckers here on the thread seem to think it is real or was it just the content that sold it to them ?

8 minutes ago, LeoV said:

No way. I have the lady who changed her working day to be there and Darren from the falling off bridge incident to feature strongly...maybe they will start banging each other?

26 minutes ago, LeoV said:

It may well be fake but is a good read all the same. Certainly some effort into creating, running since April with a fairly consistent persona.

I would say other reasons to lean towards fake...RS Archer is apparently the author of the "David Saunders" book series...a rather hard to find book series.

If I was the author of a hard to find book series I'd at least link to it in my profile or use some other way to help make it accessible. Very hard to sell books no one can find.

I don't intend to let reality get in the way of enjoying a good read. After all the UK government has not let reality get in the way of trashing a country.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LeoV said:

In the words RS Archer "To all the people saying I use a stock photo in my bio. Yes of course I bloody do, I write under a nome de plume so I'm hardly likely to use a real photo of me am I?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Jack in my world " cunts " are useful desirable things

And you are also a a big fan of pricks that lie about contact/trace.

26 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

And you are also a a big fan of pricks that lie about contact/trace.

Umm there you go again, making up stuff to try and make you feel all big and heroic to your minions, sorry the contract and trace has been bloody awful in the UK, but I'm not blaming the government for that, that is PHE's job and already there's talk of it being disbanded due to the large amounts of incompetence.

Ministers cannot be blamed for everything as they simply do not have the time in the day to organise such a huge undertaking, yes they are the front end and will take the flak from the likes of yourself simply because they are an easy cheap shot target, the real media hounds will be delving around and looking to see why and who has created the problem rather than be the skin deep reporter such as yourself, but alas we seem to not have true investigative reporters these days, but just a load of Jacks who can get everything off the internet and edit it to suit their narrative.

...sorry the  contract and trace has been bloody awful...

Ministers cannot be blamed for everything ..

Johnson just said it is going great...even after 3/4 who have the disease have not being asked to furnish their contacts......so is it bloody awful OR he is lying?....make your mind up.

Ministerial responsibility...well that is how the world of responsibility works...the buck stops with them. In this case worse as it was a Prime Minister/Health Minister who ignored all the warnings which has been their hallmark during this crisis. It was they who focused on rolling out a “world-beating” App, rather than just a successful one, so that they could claim victory on the world stage. 

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Johnson just said it is going great...make your mind up. 

Ministerial responsibility...well that is how the world of responsibility works...the buck stops with them. In this case worse as it was a Prime Minister/Health Minister who ignored all the warnings which has been their hallmark during this crisis. In this case focused on rolling out a “world-beating” App, rather than just a successful one, so that they could claim victory on the world stage. 

Who said I like Johnson, he's a toff and a twat, but it was either Johnson or your man Corbyn, no brainer in anybody's books apart from yours, but then you picked the loosing side yet again, sort of your forte that of picking the wrong side.

Ministers are in a no win situation with this Covid pandemic, they are the front men, the public face. Your outcry if Hancock had sacked PHE and bought in the army to try and get things up and going again, would have gone on for nearly as long as you have about Brexit. Well he had to bring in the army, but the NHS is such a sacred cow to the media darlings such as yourself, he couldn't sack them. That will happen I'm pretty sure though, there's an awful lot of NHS and PHE managers which have proven to simply not been able to up their game when the crisis happened.

As we have discussed before, the NHS App was a mistake from day one, but who was it that insisted that it had to be an NHS App, why it was PHE, not Hancock, he was just the messenger boy and is now taking the flak for some pretty incompetent operational planning. If anything this Covid pandemic will probably in the long term, once the dust has settled and the fluff from the media has long fallen away, as the next big story will inevitably push it aside such is the short termism of the media, will show graphically just how dysfunctional it is and will lead to the break up the NHS, ending up more like Germany.

sorry the contract and trace has been bloody awful in the UK, but I'm not blaming the government for that, that is PHE's job

Actually... The Government outsourced track and trace to Serco, The junior health minister, Edward Argar, is a former Serco lobbyist. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/06/serco-wins-covid-19-test-and-trace-contract-despite-1m-fine

22 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

who was it that insisted that it had to be an NHSX App,

Dominic Cummings, when he awarded the contract to his family member, paid for by NHSX

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I bet most of the serious european leaders would have said something like:we already did a lot of track and tracing, managed to go from x to y, but we were still only able to do it for 25% of the cases, which is far from good, so we will do a b c d e and f to get to 100%. What is so difficult to say it like this? And of course: get it done.... And for the app: there are enough up and ready, anglosaxons just need to ask some lower saxons and one week later it should work.. 

• Like 3

Direct speech from Barnier to financial service sector and SM access. Published yesterday.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53251942
Copernicus Sentinels: UK industry loses out in European satellite bids.

The complicating factor here for the UK is Brexit. While Britain is a member of Esa and is committed to remain so, it has left the EU - and the procurement rules for Copernicus are clear: while non-EU member-state companies can participate in the Sentinels' R&D elements (an Esa responsibility), they cannot participate in the later, recurring manufacturing stages (which are funded by EU member states).

London is currently trying to negotiate "third country" membership of Copernicus at EU level in its trade talks with Brussels. If it succeeds, the above complication goes away. But British industry suspects the present uncertainty has already left its mark.

------------------
In short EU companies shun UK ones in projects, so ESA was offered EU based projects only. ESA can not force EU companies to include UK ones.
And of course the UK threw a tantrum;
To show its disappointment with the way the contracting process has turned out, the UK Space Agency (UKSA) abstained in Wednesday's committee vote.

Seems many in the UK are having trouble to accept the logic behind Brexit.

7 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Who said I like Johnson, he's a toff and a twat, but it was either Johnson or your man Corbyn,..

Didn't say you liked or disliked Johnson. I didn't support a Corbyn Govt and that is irrelevant, just another of your straw diversions.

You openly support Johnson and his Govt policies and continually object to anyone critisising his/their abysmal performance. So either shut the fuck up or take it on the chin, take your pick, you can't have it both ways.

8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Ministers cannot be blamed for everything 

Ministers cannot be blamed for everything 

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Ministerial responsibility...well that is how the world of responsibility works...the buck stops with them.

Ministers are in a no win situation with this Covid pandemic, they are the front men, the public face. 

You continue to support people who fucked up and who are seeking to avoid responsibility. Their responsibility is set out in various instruments starting with The Ministerial Code and the Cabinet Handbook setting out expectations and the standards of conduct expected of Ministers and how they discharge their duties.

It under those which they have been measured for their shambolic and deceitful behaviour. Your measure and opinion is totally irrelevant and demonstrates exactly the same level of deceit and avoidance in seeking to defend them ignoring those codes etc.

As we have discussed before, the NHS App was a mistake from day one, but who was it that insisted that it had to be an NHS App, why it was PHE, not Hancock, he was just the messenger boy and is now taking the flak for some pretty incompetent operational planning.

The contact/trace App Decision and Implementation Timeline with supporting cites is detailed upthread and includes records of hearings, Ministerial statements and details of contracts issued by the Govt etc. If you haven't read and absorbed the evidence, or seek to ignore it, then your opinion is treated accordingly as ill-informed partisan driven drivel. 

If anything this Covid pandemic will probably in the long term, once the dust has settled and the fluff from the media has long fallen away, as the next big story will inevitably push it aside such is the short termism of the media,

".. this Covid pandemic....the dust has settled and the fluff from the media has long fallen away as the next big story .."

It is difficult to imagine a more appalling statement attached to the death of nearly 70k UK citizens, over half a million worldwide and the economic and social fallout that has resulted.

7 hours ago, jgh66 said:

I bet most of the serious european leaders would have said something like:we already did a lot of track and tracing, managed to go from x to y, but we were still only able to do it for 25% of the cases, which is far from good, so we will do a b c d e and f to get to 100%. What is so difficult to say it like this? And of course: get it done....

In the minutes of SAGE meetings and expert advisory material presented to the Govt contained HERE (inclusive of last upload on 27 June) one thing jumps out.

Various sociology experts clearly state the level of success of all Govt Covid responses relies heavilly on the Govt generating a "high level public trust" between it and the general public. 

You could not think how the Johnson Govt could have gone any further to do exactly the opposite. Opinion polls clearly show that.

It doesn't get more dispicable than a Govt putting political "damage control" in front of the lives of its own citizens. The measure of that dispicable conduct is clearly measured by the country's mortality rate. 

11 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

, sorry the contract and trace has been bloody awful in the UK, but I'm not blaming the government for that, that is PHE's job 

9 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Actually... The Government outsourced track and trace to Serco, The junior health minister, Edward Argar, is a former Serco lobbyist. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/06/serco-wins-covid-19-test-and-trace-contract-despite-1m-fine

10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

, but who was it that insisted that it had to be an NHS App, why it was PHE, 

9 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Dominic Cummings, when he awarded the contract to his family member, paid for by NHSX

Yes Jon and so much more. From my posts #10128, #10224 and others incl replies to Wayne nearly 2 weeks ago and where he still elects to feign ignorance.

In short.

- The Govt appointed a Baroness Dido Harding with failure all over her tech record (responsible for a private sector data breech involving 15yo hackers) as the head to lead App development. There have been a number of other Govt (not NHS) appointments from the private sector since to work under Harding.

- They started looking at a App in late March. NHSX – the digital unit run jointly with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) – set about developing its own version of Singapore’s TraceTogether which has been a failure. Records indicate three contracts worth £4.8m were awarded then to Pivotal VMWare a Dell offshoot.

15 April Concerns NHS "centralised approach" the alarm bells went off on a technical level. Users’ IPhones would need to be in constant powered-on mode in order to functional correctly, unlike alternatives using "decentralised" technology from Apple and Google. Bluetooth random distancing measuring issues for a centralised App and privacy issues quickly surfaced as follows.

- The App also breached the Data Protection Act 2018 s14(3) and the NHS concur (via the Apps DIPA) the legal basis for this decisions collide with Regulation 3(1) and 3(3) of the Health Service (Control of Patient Information) Regulations 2002 regarding automated processing. 

- 21 April - A group of nearly 300 experts condemned the UK’s plans, citing privacy concerns over the centralised model. Digital contact tracing will fail unless governments build the technology in a way that respects user privacy. 

- Even 4 May before trial launch on 7 May App Concerns were raised by University of London BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and the Cass Business School) whether the app’s "centralised nature" would lead to privacy breaches and whether it would be any use at all though lack of user uptake (minimum 60%).

The Govt not only ignored the above legal position but also that of sociology experts clearly stating the level of success of all Govt Covid responses relies heavilly on the Govt generating a "high level public trust" between it and the general public. The App was already dead in the water in terms of securing a minimum 60% take up to work reliably.

- The Government know all about the above and in fact were asked specifically by a HOC Committee. 28 April Science and Technology Committee (Commons) Oral Evidence - Matthew Gould CMG MBE (Chief Executive Officer at NHSX) as follows. 

Gould told MPs: “The Apple and Google approach is not there yet....so waiting for them would slow us down considerably. Gould also promised the Committee the NHS "..would do a data privacy assessment before finally going ahead and publish it." He insisted that "the NHS would be the only people who would be able to access the data." 

- The biggest indictment indicating Gould's evidence and undertakings on behalf of the Govt were blatantly false was on 6 May the UK government published contract details, NHSX Covid-19 App: Mobile App Development and Support in Live Phase, with Swiss multinational Zuhlke Engineering. £4 million start 6/5 end 6/11/2020. Zuhlke was asked to assess compatibility with the decentralised Google Apple App system or adoption of a decentralised system as part of their contract.

Those undertakings by Gould on behalf of the Govt have NOT been met and the personnel information from Isle of Wight residents is probably now on three continents, courtesy of Zuhlke Engineering.

So the Government literally abandoned it's own App the day before it's "Trial" launch on 7 May Here is the Apps User Documentation for the App used by those on the Isle of Wight trial. The public abandonment late last month and nearly 2 months later was a farce.

- 11 May - Government release Contact/Trace Test/Isolate details with Our Plan to Rebuild Strategy where App is a key part of 4 piece strategy. Here is the extract where it also included the 1 June 200,000 persons daily test target that ultimately went to shit and still is to this day around 100% short.

Of the 4 pillars. Only one has been satisfied (Tracers).

IMG_20200521_135835.jpg

IMG_20200620_093337.jpg

A classic case of over promise and under deliver at a technical level and where NHSX has a track record of failure a mile long before this App and the failed Govt appointed leader Baroness Harding came along. 

it was a Prime Minister/Health Minister who ignored all the warnings above which has been their hallmark during this crisis. In this case focused on rolling out a “world-beating” App, rather than just a successful one, so that they could claim victory on the world stage. Rolling out an App using a national emergency to secure the data of private citizens that collided with UK law.

The deceit attached to this shambolic mess started over three months ago involving those in the highest levels of Govt. 

It continues to this day as shown by Johnson's bullshit at yesterday's PMQ's where political coverup sits above the well-being of his citizens.

Wayne ignores all this and the concepts of Ministerial responsibility as unprincipled Brexit zealots do. Where any Govt criticism no matter what threatens to derail their Brexit dream. Death and destruction is not even off limits to the likes of Wayne when defending their dream.

Various sociology experts clearly state the level of success of all Govt Covid responses relies heavilly on the Govt generating a "high level public trust" between it and the general public. 

You could not think how the Johnson Govt could have gone any further to do exactly the opposite. Opinion polls clearly show that

Now, then the level of public trust in the BJ gov seems to slowly  come down to EU public and gov trust in his gov..., well except for Wayne of course.. 

28 minutes ago, jgh66 said:

Now, then the level of public trust in the BJ gov seems to slowly  come down to EU public and gov trust in his gov..., well except for Wayne of course.. 

It is interesting to watch.

Coinciding with the peak daily mortality of nearly 1,000 persons on 7 April Govt ConVid approval has been in decline until Johnson came out of hiding and announced the Reopening 5 Tests Strategy at a Presser on 10 June and where the approval drop from Cummings road tour was 2 weeks in the rear mirror.

Approval/Disaproval appears hung up now awaiting the outcome of that reopening and the reaction to Johnson's Build Build Build speech on Tuesday.

On top of that however is at the end of last week Starmer overtook Johnson as the publics preferred choice for Prime Minister, but the Tory's as a Govt still maintain a slight lead over Labour. 

IMG_20200702_174249.jpg

From Archer...:lol:

At midnight he sent me a WhatsApp message,

"You and me tomorrow Mark are going to show them, we'll win this.  That mayor is going know all about my family, they think they can do us but they can't.  He'll take a good drink I know he will, they all do."

My name's not Mark

"Text from our Mayor.

Every single person who works for the Mayors office will be there tomorrow plus the Mayor's wife and two sons."

WhatsApp message received,

He's just arrived at St Pancras station, his mother is with him to "see him off".  He has my HP sauce..

Email from the father,
"I hope you and xxxxx can get this sorted out.  It's so unfair the way we are being treated.  France should not do this.  We have always done things right there like putting our rubbish out etc.  My wife is upset and does not understand it all."

EU updating No Deal Advice... 50+ Readiness Notices.

You breed animals, sponsor clinical trials, make cosmetics or industrial goods, export organic food, want to know implications for VAT etc.

EU Readiness Notices - Getting ready for the end of the transition period.

Meanwhile the UK make videos.

From the this lot just don't give a fuck file.

So upon the Clowns father finding a backdoor into Greece to ready his place for holiday letting, he urges his son to sort out an "air bridge" saying Brits pose ‘no danger’ to Greece.

IMG_20200702_192726.jpg

And after warnings from Police, NHS A&E staff and even pub owners expecting mayhem on Super Saturday saying it should be a Monday opening ...this gets tweeted.

Eb6ENiMXYAEiIjV.jpeg

Yes Jon and so much more. From my posts #10128, #10224 and others incl replies to Wayne nearly 2 weeks ago and where he still elects to feign ignorance.

In short.

- The Govt appointed a Baroness Dido Harding with failure all over her tech record (responsible for a private sector data breech involving 15yo hackers) as the head to lead App development. There have been a number of other Govt (not NHS) appointments from the private sector since to work under Harding.

- They started looking at a App in late March. NHSX – the digital unit run jointly with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) – set about developing its own version of Singapore’s TraceTogether which has been a failure. Records indicate three contracts worth £4.8m were awarded then to Pivotal VMWare a Dell offshoot.

15 April Concerns NHS "centralised approach" the alarm bells went off on a technical level. Users’ IPhones would need to be in constant powered-on mode in order to functional correctly, unlike alternatives using "decentralised" technology from Apple and Google. Bluetooth random distancing measuring issues for a centralised App and privacy issues quickly surfaced as follows.

- The App also breached the Data Protection Act 2018 s14(3) and the NHS concur (via the Apps DIPA) the legal basis for this decisions collide with Regulation 3(1) and 3(3) of the Health Service (Control of Patient Information) Regulations 2002 regarding automated processing. 

- 21 April - A group of nearly 300 experts condemned the UK’s plans, citing privacy concerns over the centralised model. Digital contact tracing will fail unless governments build the technology in a way that respects user privacy. 

- Even 4 May before trial launch on 7 May App Concerns were raised by University of London BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and the Cass Business School) whether the app’s "centralised nature" would lead to privacy breaches and whether it would be any use at all though lack of user uptake (minimum 60%).

The Govt not only ignored the above legal position but also that of sociology experts clearly stating the level of success of all Govt Covid responses relies heavilly on the Govt generating a "high level public trust" between it and the general public. The App was already dead in the water in terms of securing a minimum 60% take up to work reliably.

- The Government know all about the above and in fact were asked specifically by a HOC Committee. 28 April Science and Technology Committee (Commons) Oral Evidence - Matthew Gould CMG MBE (Chief Executive Officer at NHSX) as follows. 

Gould told MPs: “The Apple and Google approach is not there yet....so waiting for them would slow us down considerably. Gould also promised the Committee the NHS "..would do a data privacy assessment before finally going ahead and publish it." He insisted that "the NHS would be the only people who would be able to access the data." 

- The biggest indictment indicating Gould's evidence and undertakings on behalf of the Govt were blatantly false was on 6 May the UK government published contract details, NHSX Covid-19 App: Mobile App Development and Support in Live Phase, with Swiss multinational Zuhlke Engineering. £4 million start 6/5 end 6/11/2020. Zuhlke was asked to assess compatibility with the decentralised Google Apple App system or adoption of a decentralised system as part of their contract.

Those undertakings by Gould on behalf of the Govt have NOT been met and the personnel information from Isle of Wight residents is probably now on three continents, courtesy of Zuhlke Engineering.

So the Government literally abandoned it's own App the day before it's "Trial" launch on 7 May Here is the Apps User Documentation for the App used by those on the Isle of Wight trial. The public abandonment late last month and nearly 2 months later was a farce.

- 11 May - Government release Contact/Trace Test/Isolate details with Our Plan to Rebuild Strategy where App is a key part of 4 piece strategy. Here is the extract where it also included the 1 June 200,000 persons daily test target that ultimately went to shit and still is to this day around 100% short.

Of the 4 pillars. Only one has been satisfied (Tracers).

IMG_20200521_135835.jpg

IMG_20200620_093337.jpg

A classic case of over promise and under deliver at a technical level and where NHSX has a track record of failure a mile long before this App and the failed Govt appointed leader Baroness Harding came along. 

it was a Prime Minister/Health Minister who ignored all the warnings above which has been their hallmark during this crisis. In this case focused on rolling out a “world-beating” App, rather than just a successful one, so that they could claim victory on the world stage. Rolling out an App using a national emergency to secure the data of private citizens that collided with UK law.

The deceit attached to this shambolic mess started over three months ago involving those in the highest levels of Govt. 

It continues to this day as shown by Johnson's bullshit at yesterday's PMQ's where political coverup sits above the well-being of his citizens.

Wayne ignores all this and the concepts of Ministerial responsibility as unprincipled Brexit zealots do. Where any Govt criticism no matter what threatens to derail their Brexit dream. Death and destruction is not even off limits to the likes of Wayne when defending their dream.

Jack you just sent your researchers and ghost writers off on a bit of a self defeating task. They spent at least more than a few hours ( how much an hour do they charge you for their services ? ) to reach the conclusion which everybody knows already and knew months back.

"A classic case of over promise and under deliver at a technical level and where NHSX has a track record of failure a mile long before this App and the failed Govt appointed leader Baroness Harding came along ". 

So why the great soliloquy other than to keep them employed and draining your mothers inheritance. What a waste of money, you would have been far better donating a couple 100 bucks to your local yacht club for under privileged children to learn sailing.

You then use the words, much like the rabble rousing lead character in a failed two bit Hollywood bonk buster film that ended up on Dave TV about a week after release

Where any Govt criticism no matter what threatens to derail their Brexit dream. Death and destruction is not even off limits to the likes of Wayne when defending their dream.

Other than to create a fictitious image of a Hollywood lead character with you as the lead character , do you honestly believe that is so ?

24 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

_________________________________Where any Govt criticism no matter what threatens to derail their Brexit dream. Death and destruction is not even off limits to the likes of Wayne when defending their dream.

___________________do you honestly believe that is so ?

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Absolutely.

All fool you for thinking the world is limited to your internet musings.

This what happens when you discover you don't have an international trade policy and which people have been warning the UK for years.

Some may say is now too late and the UK has already given up any negotiation leverage it had.

The Department for International Trade Launches Modelling Review - To enhance its trade negotiation capability

• Like 1

Remember those checks that Johnson, Gove and Raab insisted would not apply to trade across the Irish Sea.

I think this is called "When the Jig is Up"

First details emerge of system for checks on goods crossing Irish Sea - Firms in Great Britain will be obliged to complete three types of paperwork.

An 11-page slide presentation from HMRC, outlining the new system, states: “To achieve customs control, we need to ensure that all goods are presented and declared to customs.”

Under a new “Goods Vehicle Movement Service” (GVMS) system, hauliers or the owners of the freight will be obliged to pre-lodge three types of electronic paperwork before getting on a ferry from British ports such as Liverpool or Cairnryan in Scotland to Northern Ireland.

The first paperwork applying to suppliers is an import declaration form setting out the customs code or codes for all the goods being transported to Northern Ireland.

Second, the supplier will have to complete a safety and security declaration, paperwork that is currently waived on all goods being sold within the EU’s single market.

Thirdly suppliers will then have to provide their truckers with a transit accompanying document (TAD) which must remain with the vehicle at all times so the EU can be guaranteed that the load that departs Great Britain is the same as the one arrives.

These electronic documents are generated by a software system that hasn't yet been built.

PS. Love to be a fly on the wall at DUP HQ :lol:

1072.jpg

1118 (1).jpg

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

This what happens when you discover you don't have an international trade policy and which people have been warning the UK for years.

Some may say is now too late and the UK has already given up any negotiation leverage it had.

The Department for International Trade Launches Modelling Review - To enhance its trade negotiation capability

Well the models should be done in time to outline the impact of the decisions and choices they have made about the same time as they actually observe the impact.

A rare situation in econometric modeling where you can do realtime valitation of the model as today will be the future you should have anticipated four years ago.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Remember those checks that Johnson, Gove and Raab insisted would not apply to trade across the Irish Sea.

I think this is called "When the Jig is Up"

First details emerge of system for checks on goods crossing Irish Sea - Firms in Great Britain will be obliged to complete three types of paperwork.

An 11-page slide presentation from HMRC, outlining the new system, states: “To achieve customs control, we need to ensure that all goods are presented and declared to customs.”

Jack, haven't you twigged on yet? All the government says is that there will be no CHECKS, they never promised there will be no paperwork... They will weasel themselves out of any pickle by saying that despite the multitude of extra paperwork, there are no physical checks at the Irish Sea crossing...

This subtle distinction has been evident from the moment the WA became public last year. Every time someone asked: 'can you promise there will be no barriers to trade across the Irish Sea?' the answer has always been 'There will be no checks'... but nothing about extra paperwork

36 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

Jack, haven't you twigged on yet? All the government says is that there will be no CHECKS, they never promised there will be no paperwork... They will weasel themselves out of any pickle by saying that despite the multitude of extra paperwork, there are no physical checks at the Irish Sea crossing...

This subtle distinction has been evident from the moment the WA became public last year. Every time someone asked: 'can you promise there will be no barriers to trade across the Irish Sea?' the answer has always been 'There will be no checks'... but nothing about extra paperwork

Could always still agree the inevitable FTA, that will happen in the not too distant future anyway, that would benefit Ireland immensely, but then the bureaucrats would not have a job and Barnier would not have a reason to make posturing and lecturing videos, ah well I guess that's being in the real world of tossers in charge.

39 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

But the HMRC paperwork states that "we need to ensure that all goods are presented......." not just declared. Does that not involve checks?

55 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble.

ALL GOODS paperwork AND checks commence 1 January 2021. 

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

NO paperwork and NO checks

Thursday evening 7 November 2019

Templepatrick, County Antrim, Nth Ireland

Johnson - “There will not be tariffs or checks on goods coming from Great Britain to Northern Ireland that are not going on to Ireland”.

Questioned by Irwin Armstrong, owner of Ciga Healthcare in Ballymena, Johnson said if anyone asked him to fill out a customs form, “tell them to ring up the Prime Minister and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin”.

There would be, Mr Johnson insisted, “no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind. You will have unfettered access.”

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hump101 said:

But the HMRC paperwork states that "we need to ensure that all goods are presented......." not just declared. Does that not involve checks?

Correct. Johnson's has already admited GB NI checks in Parliament but was still hanging onto notion of spot checks only and in premises not at border. There would also be electronic paperwork for carriers but up in the air exactly what that would entail until now.

This leak from HMRC settles it once and for all. ALL GOODS, BORDER CHECKED & THREE TRANSIT DOCS

9 minutes ago, hump101 said:

I think you can "present" something, even without there being someone there to check the presentation. Sort of the "honour" system...(ironic to use the term honour in anything having to do with Boris Johnson's utterances as he has never shown an inclination to honour his words).

So there can be paperwork, and goods presented, and no checks...for how long you can expect the paperwork to reflect reality is another question. This mechanisim will stop honest people from smuggling.

8 minutes ago, KC375 said:

I think you can "present" something, even without there being someone there to check the presentation. Sort of the "honour" system...(ironic to use the term honour in anything having to do with Boris Johnson's utterances as he has never shown an inclination to honour his words).

Nope. This is GB to NI. The EU set the rules not the UK. Administration is by UK but with EU oversight and authority to direct officers on the spot. All this detailed in Irish Protocol that they have been bucking but now finally folded on all the detail. Port infrastructure upgrade orders already out.

Only thing missing is electronic transit doc system for not just NI but for all of UK. 

23 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't worry Jack, not my bubble to burst, my wording was slightly sarcastic in tone! :D

Point is, as KC also mentions, they've left a back door open for them to potentially wiggle out.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:57 AM, LeoV said:

And the account no longer exists...

I was really looking forward to hearing about the meeting in the Mayor's office...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Nope. This is GB to NI. The EU set the rules not the UK. Administration is by UK but with EU oversight and authority to direct officers on the spot. All this detailed in Irish Protocol that they have been bucking but now finally folded on all the detail. Port infrastructure upgrade orders already out.

Only thing missing is electronic transit doc system for not just NI but for all of UK. 

so much for tacking back control

its amazing that nobody imports or exports anything today so the poor old UK will have to do what no country has ever done on Jan 1 2021..lol

So for those wondering how RS Archer thread ended up,

The full threat can be found here

The last update before the thread vanished

image.png.9be26c3ba80385debb929f7b70671ce4.png

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

From the this lot just don't give a fuck file.

So upon the Clowns father finding a backdoor into Greece to ready his place for holiday letting, he urges his son to sort out an "air bridge" saying Brits pose ‘no danger’ to Greece.

IMG_20200702_192726.jpg

And after warnings from Police, NHS A&E staff and even pub owners expecting mayhem on Super Saturday saying it should be a Monday opening ...this gets tweeted.

Eb6ENiMXYAEiIjV.jpeg

And now deleted!! 

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

So for those wondering how RS Archer thread ended up,

The full threat can be found here

image.png.9be26c3ba80385debb929f7b70671ce4.png

Twitter account no longer exists.

Guess that's what happens if you make negative comments about Brexit... threats and intimidation emerge to shut you down.

Is this what Britain has come to?

Cheers,

W.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

Don't worry Jack, not my bubble to burst, my wording was slightly sarcastic in tone! :D

Point is, as KC also mentions, they've left a back door open for them to potentially wiggle out.

Lot of words for sarcastic.

Sorry no back door GI to NI as per reply to KC, as not their door, no wriggle and no backtracking possible, unless you know of some mechanism no-one else has picked up. Phoney wars always end when reality bites.

NI to GB UK can do what they like like rest of UK, EU don't care. On account of being unprepared after 1 Jan next year UK already announced they are going to have a UK wide minimal border friction implementation period with decs only. Take back control has gone to custard already.

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

The Brexit bots got him :o...being made to look dick head stupid is not Conservative HQ's strong point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

Twitter account no longer exists.

Guess that's what happens if you make negative comments about Brexit... threats and intimidation emerge to shut you down.

Cheers,

W.

Or it was a fake account from the off written by one of Jack's researchers ( to good and original for Jacks thinking process )

1 hour ago, mad said:

And now deleted!! 

Has to be one of the Govt best dumb fuck moments. Poor taste ...promoting drinkin&virus spreading...amazed they didn't squeeze in a couple banging each other.

4th July weekend in the UK is shaping up to be it's US Memorial Day weekend moment. 

This account preserved the animation.

20 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Or it was a fake account from the off written by one of Jack's researchers ( to good and original for Jacks thinking process )

My researchers think you're a first generation bot with only basic functions. 

They want you post the alphabet backwards missing every second letter until you reach M then alternate missing every 2nd and 3rd to satisfy their curiousity.

37 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Don't be stupid.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Lot of words for sarcastic.

Sorry no back door GI to NI as per reply to KC, as not their door, no wriggle and no backtracking possible, unless you know of some mechanism no-one else has picked up. Phoney wars always end when reality bites.

NI to GB UK can do what they like like rest of UK, EU don't care. On account of being unprepared after 1 Jan next year UK already announced they are going to have a UK wide minimal border friction implementation period with decs only. Take back control has gone to custard already.

Of course I'm not saying it's an excuse or backdoor to actually avoid the paperwork and checks, it's just a way for them to deflect the blame

A very weak way and probably inefective, but then that just about sums up the current UK government doesn't it?

2 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

Cheers,

W.

49 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

Don't be stupid.

Says it all.

51 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

Don't be stupid.

the stupid part would of course be that Jack would be involved in this ... he does not seem to have the knack for this kind of parody, that much is correct

but then on the other hand, if you read the whole thing you really have to wonder if it's for real, it's just too good to be true and too many weird things happening at the same time, so to me it got a bit suspicious, but even if it would be a sham, well done, big fun, bravo !

then there is this other thing that got my attention : this ***son supposedly decides to take the train to la douce France to give the mayor a piece of his own, and hell, maybe he might even move over to that hellhole Brussels .... what about the current quarantine measures ? he just can't come over like that. Somewhere down the line "urgent family business" or somesuch is mentioned, but out of what is mentioned it also would appear the parents are in britanistan, not in froggy land, so how would the frogs react if a limey (or scouser, or whatever) would want to come over for urgent family business when the family is not there ? sumfink is rotten in paradise yer 'onor ... there's a slight bit of inconsistency

but whatever, well played ;)

26 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Says it all.

Do you have a point, Wayne?

Thanks,

W.

From Germany: "The Brexit talks have been called off early after four days without progress due to major differences of opinion. The EU does not see itself respected by the UK."

respect,... me thinks those limey b*st*rdi's need a bit of a schooling in that respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUO5jhSud1I

2 hours ago, Albatros said:

... really have to wonder if it's for real, it's just too good to be true and too many weird things happening at the same time, so to me it got a bit suspicious, ...

...son supposedly decides to take the train to la douce France t.... there's a slight bit of inconsistency

but whatever, well played ;)

As someone who grew up in an implausible family, I regularly had my boyhood experiences deemed fantasy as they did not fit established norms...did I mention the contemporaneous menagerie (in a very urban neighbourhood) of three dogs, a rabbit, actually a hare,  two to ten Siamese cats, assorted white lab mice (originally in cages but concern about impact of isolation on neurological development resulted in free rein), a hamster, a turtle and goldfish (both short lived), and the transients getting a head start on a summer at the farm before the inevitable utilitarian end: a few freshly hatched chicks and a number of piglets (they grow fast)...And honestly our inner city husbandry practices were amongst our most normal traits....so I am really pretty open to the possibility of the implausible.

However, on the day RS Archer reported the Eurostar cancelled, I could not find any reported service interuptions...along with the stock photos, non-existent book series and non de plume does shift the weight of evidence towards parody rather than factual narrative.

And who cares, still a most enjoyable read. So why the disappearing account just before the denouement...

·        Is RS Archer simply the type of author who finishes a work and then rips off the last page before sending to the printer for a more suspenseful ending?

·        Has RS Archer been done in (literally or figuratively) by trolls and Brexit bots?

·        Did Twitter remove the account – it seems in keeping with its parody account rules BUT in violation of its “platform manipulation” policies particularly with respect to “use of stock or stolen profile photos ..and...use of intentionally misleading profile information”. So maybe the Brexiteers had Twitter do their dirty work for them...

But as Albatros says:

RS Archer, well played.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

2 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

Yes you took a bit of Twitter fake feed that was so obviously fake by the content and yet you were so outraged by it, you said it was all down to threats and intimidation by Brexiteers rather than in the all more likely scenario, a Remainer making it up.

Have to say though the opening couple of tweets were plausible until the

"They are very angry. Feel they have been lied to (not sure if they mean me or the UK government) and want "compensation" (again not sure who from). Want me to write a letter confirming they knew nothing about the effects of Brexit. "

Now that could have only been written by a Remainer  ( or Jack ) as that's the style of the "bitter divorcee" that Remainers are renown for.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, LeoV said:

@Laser1

So if your rights get trampled on, the law is ready to be used in a day, only needs the King signature to bring it into action.

Thanks Leo.  I was aware of this legislation.  Only sketchy bit is ............. "if your rights get trampled on" ...........  then it might be too late to do anything about it.

Bracing ourselves for the influx of hordes of frustrated holiday plonkers from oop Norf coming down to Cornwall this weekend.  Glad I'm going sailing + a race on Sunday.

Just caught up with 4 pages of this train crash. Bloody hell .... my head hurts but in line with what has been discussed the last 4 days I'll just leave this here - nite nite --> 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

Of course I'm not saying it's an excuse or backdoor to actually avoid the paperwork and checks, it's just a way for them to deflect the blame

A very weak way and probably inefective, but then that just about sums up the current UK government doesn't it?

There were two slightly different audiences same production and really no blame to deflect. 

1. Pre-Election - domestic but mainly insurance in case DUP Westminister seats needed. It was also an outrageous claim to counter the leaked Treasury slides showing exact border arrangements under the Irish Protocol.

2. Post Election - 80 seat majority. Still domestic but this time to paint the EU as the bad guys. However because the Irish Protocol an International Treaty and subject to ICJ rulings this was all farce and could only be be kept up for so long, particularly while any dealings with US contemplated. 

They have been folding slowly ever since so deflection never came into play. The exact nature of transit docs and applying to all goods checked at port, the last piece in the puzzle.

As I said it was a phoney war.

5 hours ago, LeoV said:

From Germany: "The Brexit talks have been called off early after four days without progress due to major differences of opinion. The EU does not see itself respected by the UK."

Friday was just a 2 hour Frost Barnier meeting that always looked very disposable.

I keep thinking about the ERG/Dwarfs letter begging Barnier to engage with Frost and laughing uncontrollably. I might have to visit Waynes doctor. :lol:

IMG_20200626_164426.jpg

8 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

5 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Yes you took a bit of Twitter fake feed that was so obviously fake by the content and yet you were so outraged by it,

Wayne WG is outraged???

Wayne that Twitter story of the disfunctional and cerebraly challenged Brexiteer family enraged you..... enraged you to such an extent you snapped entering some parallel universe, some twilight zone. You then bizarrely thought I'm the Twitter account author, Archer.

Mate I don't know if this is because you have missed your anger management classes or medication handed out compliments of the Govt to counter their Brexit shambolic delivery. Maybe missed both, but you really need to get a grip on reality.

Wayne if not???.... well once the clock ticks over to 1 January and the food shortages kick in, the French are still hauling in fish off the coast, chicken tastes like washing up powder, the "Square Mile" financial district at Canary Wharf has relocated and is now the "Square 1.6 Klm" in Paris and Landrover/Jaguar cars are sold missing seats and steering wheels (Germans sell them as aftermarket accessories)... you will really need to toughen up for these brutal times ahead.

Wayne this is not a time to be weak, beaten, petrified, short of mind and feeling persecuted in a United England. 

Mate if you are, I fear those in the new Reichstag beside the Thames with St George flying atop it will track you down using their BrexiteerHasCracked App (BHC is cunningly disguised to appear as tracking potential Coronavirus cases), bundle you into a railcar and send you off to a facility in Yorkshire like Camp Huddersfield. There you will be under the watchfull eye of uniformed ex Brexit Party members having short Anglo surnames and a shorter vocabulary. You will assemble B&W TV sets and 50's style bakelite homewares for the motherland to offset its trade deficit with Haiti and Tajikistan.

If that grueling existence doesn't get you, Yorkshire being the world epicentre of Coronavirus will. A virus test is counted there by London when people just wish they had one.

Get your shit together Wayne, if only for your family, that is if they haven't already taken off for the Continent to start over.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:35 AM, Waynemarlow said:

A few suckers here on the thread seem to think it is real or was it just the content that sold it to them ?

10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

9 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

Don't be stupid.

Says it all.

5 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Now that could have only been written by a Remainer  ( or Jack ) as that's the style of the "bitter divorcee" that Remainers are renown for.

Bearing in mind tomorrow is Super Saturday what do you notice about about the two "Cummulative Cases Tested Positive"  numbers released on Wednesday and Thursday? 

30K has gone MIA!!!!!

Surely the Govt has not stooped this low..lower than some African dictatorship would even go???

The Downing St Abacus can't keep up with the stat fudging and blown a gasket maybe??

Keep an eye peeled for today's release usually between 3pm and 5pm.

Released 1 June

Eb8_DSfXgAA_9MA.jpeg

Released 2 June

Eb8_DSdXYAA4XFB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

...the "Square Mile" financial district at Canary Wharf has relocated and is now the "Square 1.6 Klm" in Paris.. 

Is that really as silly as it sounds???

Three facinating Services Exports graphs by Sam Lowe.

Chart 1

Mode 1 (Blue) = Services exports are sold directly from the source country to the markets it is servicing.

Mode 3 (Grey) = Services exports are sold by setting up an office in the market it is servicing.

Of the G7 countries the UK is very unusual, in that majority of its services exports are sold directly from the UK.

Eb67lkQWoAALLV2.png

Chart 2 (trade with EU) versus Chart 3 (trade with Rest of World )

Rest of the World where Mode 3 is significantly more dominant.

Eb6_bMUXkAEwQWs.jpeg

Eb6_zvCXgAEvFOq.jpeg

Conclusion

The UK's EU membership and particularly its position as EU's Fin Services capital, a big reason UK proportionally sells to RoW via Mode 1 (directly not w/o setting up) MORE than other G7 countries.

Question; What can UK do to boost direct services exports from home (Mode 1) further or does it have to move (Mode 3)? 

The Government are of the view nothing needs to change!!!!

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Friday was just a 2 hour Frost Barnier meeting that always looked very disposable.

Frost 'Significant differences still remain'. Barnier also points to 'serious divergences'.

But both sides reconfirm their commitment to a deal, and the talks reconvene in London on July 20.

No bashing - a departure from recent months, particularly for Frost. Short serious and polite tones. Bullshit has evaporated at long last. 

Eb66xWIX0AEBc1r.png

Eb6609CWkAQbErK.png

8 hours ago, Laser1 said:

Only sketchy bit is ............. "if your rights get trampled on"

It is an emergency law ready for action when the UK does not adhere to WA. So if you notice something off with getting a loan, mortgage, access to pension, NHS or whatever, contact the embassy. They need signals from the floor...
So low is the trust the Dutch have for UK politics right now. Once the closest partners in the EU.

At least you know now that if it goes to shit, you are entitled to 2 passports. Protecting your rights in EU and UK.

• Like 1