Fiji Bitter

Brexit WTF, WTF

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Fooorrrrreeeeeeee

Because you didn't, your researchers did, may have cost you $8,000 in fees though.

Actually their invoice was €9,760. Then as it took the piss out of the UK the EU researchers said no charge...they thought it funny as fuck ...and their German.

23 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Then as it took the piss out of the UK the EU researchers said no charge

Must be the " Goodwill " then that's getting you through, hope none of them are young and female nor of  BAME , then I guess the goodwill would be forgotten on the first morning in the office.

I would lay a bet of one of my favorite pints that you have a pretty high turnover of researchers, most of the rich dudes living in their ivory towers with only the Internet and Twitter as company, are either in two camps, that of difficult to get on with, or totally taken the piss out of as far as extraction of monies from. You may well be in both camps.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Of those 4 missiles nearly launched, only one was aimed at Russia. This account that only came to light a few years ago is the closest the world has come to destruction. Little wonder the Chinese get fucking nervous about the US....

...No wonder the US is shitting it's pants over its imperial dominance and version of capitalism being shown up by China. You can hardly blame them. You can however blame them for their moronic sabre rattling responses, led by the current stupid orange clown at the helm...

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Americans know fuck all about China and history. How many would be surprised that America, Britain and others (a 8 nation alliance) effectively colonised the major centres of China (to protect their opium trade) up until the Boxer Rebellion and which saw them kicked out in 1901. The Chinese don't remember that??

Page flip and I forgot to say in addition to. "Little wonder the Chinese get fucking nervous about the US," after nearly being nuked to extinction by the US 60 years ago...and .."The Chinese don't remember that??" being effectively colonised by the US and the westthat only ended 120 years ago.

The world needs to also remember and also be very nervous where the US is taking us all. On face value maybe with the US employing the help of of an inept and now desperate Brexit Johnson Government.

Serious times.

24 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

I would lay a bet of one of my favorite pints that you have a pretty high turnover of researchers, 

Wayne to lay a bet you have to subscribe to an end result. Got to do better than "pretty high" and you have to tell all about these researchers.

Wayne you can't even subscribe to why you voted leave 4 years ago, let alone punt on an end result to the UK leaving.

You really are all piss and wind...no interlect, just a Brexit Jellyfish...quivers ..but no sign of a heart or a brain.

14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You really are all piss and wind...no interlect, just a Brexit Jellyfish...quivers ..but no sign of a heart or a brain.

From the man who cashed in from all the wonderful property price values in London, ferked off back to Aussie and then has spent 20hrs a day 360 days a year whining about it since.

Wayne don't worry there are lots of Brexit Jellyfish like you ...starting from the top.

Enter the Prime Minister of the UK the latest Brexit Jellyfish on the block.

So indefensibly pointless is Brexit going to get.  Johnson can’t, or won’t even front it out anymore. What a fucking laugh. :lol:

Downing Street seeks spokesman to 'communicate with nation on behalf of PM'

"Johnson has launched the search for a new £100,000-plus a year spokesman to become the face of the Government in televised press conferences from this Autumn." 

The successful applicant is likely rapidly to become a household name when they start to answer questions at regular press conferences at Downing St from October addressing what are expected to be large TV audiences on news channels, social media and YouTube."

13 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

From the man who cashed in from all the wonderful property price values in London..

Wayne I must have been away that day ..please enlighten me. Cashed in how much and for what? 

Have you been giving lying Bum Face lessons or visa versa?

Right", said the idiot son looking at me, "Where is the next estate agent?'

"There isn't one.  She is the only one in the area.  You will have to go to the next town
  It's about 30 mins drive"

"Well that's just typical of the bloody French, anything to be difficult"

I have said I can help them no longer today and am going home

They are standing together looking lost leaning on the stupid Golf.

A Gendarmerie is approaching them and looking at the car.

Am out with my wife having dinner.  Just had message from the father.  Idiot son was arrested this afternoon

Of course he was.

The Gendarme was unhappy with his car, he raised some issues (in English) and apparently it all went downhill from that point.  Idiot son will be spending the night in a cell and the Golf has been impounded.

More details when I have them

Just had the father banging on my door.  

"We need to go and see the police."  I tried to be polite

" I have a hangover, please go away"

" I'll wait" he said.  He's now sitting in my garden!

After about 40 minutes he was joined by idiot son's wife (a woman for whom the phrase, 'beauty is skin deep but ugliness goes down to the bone' was well written).

She banged on the door.  My wife 'encouraged' her to leave.

Government lying has now reached the stratosphere...now saying Parliamentary reports that the Govt have fucked it up are wrong. 

Bring on an Inquiry.

A report for the Parliamentary Public Accounts Committee states that advising hospitals to discharge thousands of patients into care homes without knowing if they had coronavirus was a “reckless” and “appalling” policy error.

Here Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden claims that report is "categorically untrue".

On 7/28/2020 at 6:42 PM, jack_sparrow said:

How come UK has lowest number of refugees and illegal immigrants in the EU??

Where did the figures come from?

How do you measure a population in a country that has no ID?

Thats why they are all there in the UK

My data back then came from the guys on the ground telling me about their fellow countrymen that arrived and got asylum in X country but now moved with their family to the UK as they could speak engrish but no other EU language...

Did I mention only one spouse claims asylum so the other can keep all the assets back in the home country....another scam the voters dont know about.

just had a bit of a giggle looking at the  blister in which tonight's (rather good) sirloin steak was delivered, bad quality pic but taken with pc-cam on nightly lit yot ...

1581260771_wyanesbeef.jpg.7ee3ba71c29fa60827e73fc4fe24d4b5.jpg

Beef of europe ... well then, in a couple of months one of the two ensigns will have to be dropped from the packaging, but then isn't it funny that the same meat from the UK might come out of Ireland, as the pic suggests, now that will be fun to watch, who needs the UK ?  .... we've got Holstein, Gallego, Limousin, Blue-white flanders, Charolais. Simmentaler and once in a while splash out on some real Wagyu, our good friend Wayne can have all the Hereford at will, and at good prices too, talk about a win-win ... pity about the Aberdeen Angus but that seems to be just a matter of time B)

p.s. one might argue that the UK would still  be Europe, but since they are doing their utmost in saying they are not anymore it's only fair to consider them some kind of annex to Europe

1 hour ago, Albatros said:

Beef of europe ... well then, in a couple of months one of the two ensigns will have to be dropped from the packaging, but then isn't it funny that the same meat from the UK might come out of Ireland, as the pic suggests, now that will be fun to watch, who needs the UK ?  .... we've got Holstein, Gallego, Limousin, Blue-white flanders, Charolais. Simmentaler

Well it actually gets even funnier. The EU also have Herefords. They have immigrated taking the name. :lol:

The UK export around 130K tonne of beef to the EU annually, unprocessed and or just like that shown in your packet.

The name Hereford relates to cattle that originate from Herefordshire which is on the border between England and Wales. The breed actually is a cross between the small Roman Britain and a larger Welsh breed. Herefords were the first English cattle to be recognised as a true breed.

The export of Herefords began in the early 1800's and has spread around the world as they have no climatic issues and lots of production advantages. They did this export without having any agreement about who owned the name. Bad move.

There is no Geographical Indicator protection now for the breed name or even the name Herefordshire's association with beef, unlike say Welsh Lamb or Orkney beef.  It is not listed on the UK's Protected Food Name Scheme. They could try and get it back via a FTA, but for a EU FTA the GI protection train has gone.

So anyone can use the name Hereford or Herefordshire Beef when marketing that breed of beef product. Just as shown on that packet. So anyone outside the UK can breed and sell this UK breed as if it was bred in the UK.

Take back control is the Brexiteer slogan. Well the Europeans have taken back control of the European Hereford Breeder Society  It is the joint association of the Hereford cattle societies from Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. No UK, they aren't European anymore. :lol:

As for Hereford producers outside the EU that the UK will now have to compete against for the EU red meat market using the same UK breed name.

Providing their cattle are free from Hormonal Growth Promotants (HGP) and accredited to allow livestock to go onto a data base that traces it from property of birth to slaughter. With that EU Vendor Declarations (EUVDs) can be done and product accepted by the EU at the other end. They are now competing in the same space as the UK with a red meat product having a landed cost base probably cheaper than the UK's.

But it gets funnier or worse. Each of those UK producers of that 130K tonne now only have 5 months to secure UK accreditation and have that and the UK's identification scheme all approved by the EU, as for all 3rd party countries. That is what sovereignty is all about isn't it?? Treated just like everybody else isn't it??

Without that ratification to generate EUVDs, those UK cattle don't get sold, slaughtered and landed in the EU after 31 December. 

Many UK producers have no idea this is happening or don't expect it to happen. They think no thinking Government would allow this to happen.

Welcome to Oven Ready Brexit.

images - 2020-07-23T152147.263.jpeg

The most pressing issue yet to be resolved, according to Hogan, is state aid.

He claims the U.K. is yet to publish details of its planned post-Brexit state aid regime, with EU officials concerned it will be left too late. In response, Hogan warned the EU could give "strategic" exemptions to allow European capitals to subsidize companies competing with British businesses, which "might not be always in the interest of the U.K."

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-phil-hogan-uk-only-started-engaging-on-brexit-issues-in-last-week-or-two/
-----------------------------------
First official announcement from the EU side of the trade war that will start. UK has saying it forever with Singapore on the Thames. LPF is always hte problem for hte EU, and ignoring them the only way Brexity would work. But EU is not as stupid as many UK politicians think. And forget the exception of origin of goods, EU goods are UK goods, even Japan laughed when the UK tried that trick on them. UK wanted Freedom Of Goods, but sailed on the rocks in FOG.

But good news;

"We had been waiting for the last three months for the U.K. to come to the table in terms of meaningful negotiations,” the Irishman said. “And I actually say it’s only in the last week or two that we have noticed that people are starting to engage on the U.K. side.

"We welcome that very much. I think there is now a realisation by people in the negotiating side of U.K. that time is running out."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So EU is still waiting and hoping the UK will see the light.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:19 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne don't worry there are lots of Brexit Jellyfish like you ...starting from the top.

Enter the Prime Minister of the UK the latest Brexit Jellyfish on the block.

So indefensibly pointless is Brexit going to get.  Johnson can’t, or won’t even front it out anymore. What a fucking laugh. :lol:

Downing Street seeks spokesman to 'communicate with nation on behalf of PM'

"Johnson has launched the search for a new £100,000-plus a year spokesman to become the face of the Government in televised press conferences from this Autumn." 

The successful applicant is likely rapidly to become a household name when they start to answer questions at regular press conferences at Downing St from October addressing what are expected to be large TV audiences on news channels, social media and YouTube."

Opinion | Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants You to Know She Was Not ...

Laura Kuenssberg on Twitter: "Budget 2020: Chancellor will promise ...

You guys have no idea...read read the job spec... "the face of the Government..so indefensibly pointless is Brexit going to get their job is to convince everyone just to ignore it.. "

unnamed (20).gif

Breaking news ...Laura K tests positive ....Johnson claims he couldn't sleep and went for a run at 3.00 in the morning... unfortunately forgetting to get dressed.. and just happened to be passing her place. Carrie anounces Boris is not the father...Raab says he never banged Carrie...well maybe once..when shagging Priti when he was pissed. Hancock admits he couldn't spell Coronavirus until April 1.. Fools Day.

Lizz Truss, Hancock and Sharma pissed MI5 couldn't get their 2016 tweets wiped before Dominic found out.

The UK is in good shape.

Ed8woyRXsAIVxUB.png

Ed8uW4XWsAAJOI-.png

Ed8xGeNWkAEpeVy.png

Jacks researchers are obviously not at work today, lots of boarding school puerile humor, that's Whacko Jack for you. Interesting to watch his content change from erudite to schoolboy, got to be different writers.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:13 AM, Sailabout said:

Where did the figures come from?

How do you measure a population in a country that has no ID?

Thats why they are all there in the UK

My data back then came from the guys on the ground telling me about their fellow countrymen that arrived and got asylum in X country but now moved with their family to the UK as they could speak engrish but no other EU language...

Did I mention only one spouse claims asylum so the other can keep all the assets back in the home country....another scam the voters dont know about.

I passed your complaint onto the fuzz in France...they said thanks for the tip about Brits trying to escape into the EU.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Jacks researchers are obviously not at work today, lots of boarding school puerile humor, that's Whacko Jack for you. Interesting to watch his content change from erudite to schoolboy, got to be different writers.

Wayne the EU research team want to know how many boats you have had relations with against the order of nature? ....I may have misheard their question.

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne the EU research team want to know how many boats you have had relations with against the order of nature? ....I may have misheard the question.

OK, that was Jack writing.

In Johnson's 5 point plan for reopening and issued in early May local authorities were one of four pillars to the contact/trace/test plan. It has been claimed numerous times this was up and working despite local authorities saying it wasn't. 

Well one has had enough of the bullshit and waiting. 

Quarantine anyone coming in from virus plagued Spain and force everyone to have a staycation in the UK.

Deaths declared in Spain in the last 7 days: 12

Deaths declared in the UK in the last 7 days: 456

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Shit I missed the Hereford section, they must have been in this morning.

Yes Wayne we are all at the zoo today hence the farmyard theme....just came out of the Aquarium. The researchers want to know will you miss swimming with the big fish...plus are you worried France is about to gobble you up?

EeHTSdpXoAIUzXC.jpeg

Fucking turnips. We knew Raab was thick, another example.

Foreign Secretary welcomes first EU sanctions against malicious cyber actors.
Dominic Raab welcomes decisive action which raises the cost for hostile cyber activity.
The UK was at the forefront of efforts to establish the EU Cyber Sanctions regime and will continue to implement this regime at the end of the Transition Period, through our own autonomous UK Cyber Sanctions regime.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/foreign-secretary-welcomes-first-eu-sanctions-against-malicious-cyber-actors
---------------------------
UK is getting worse and worse on memory, they were  not in the forefront of the EU action, it all was done after the 2016 ref, and UK had no meaningful input. In the past they were reluctant in this field, you know UK bankers et all.

And he says he is speaking for US, Uk, Can Aus and NZ according his tweet.
https://twitter.com/DominicRaab/status/1288850589577871360

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Quarantine anyone coming in from virus plagued Spain and force everyone to have a staycation in the UK.

Deaths declared in Spain in the last 7 days: 12

Deaths declared in the UK in the last 7 days: 456

Umm Australia isn't doing quite as well as it was thought.

Australia with a population of 30M  747 new cases in the last 24 hours

UK with a population of 66M            763 new cases in the last 24 hours

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Umm Australia isn't doing quite as well as it was thought...

..UK with a population of 66M            763 new cases in the last 24 hours

Last time I looked there wasn't English tourists sitting on the beach in middle of winter there.

You are being conned. 

Last 30 days:
- Luxembourg deaths: 4
- UK deaths: 2,231

England to impose quarantine for arrivals from Luxembourg after COVID-19 spike

You do know UK cases are being fabricated to flatline I hope.

Data shows over half of cases are not being reported by Govt.

Don't believe me ...then why the panic ??? Hancock Tweets

The bubble has burst and the Govt are not telling you. Like just in. Greater Manchester etc can go to pubs - but suddenly only with their household group now. List of places where people from different households will not be allowed to meet each other indoors.

A complete shambolic mess.

EeMWkt4XkAMaX3G.jpeg

Looks good....well if you like watching a circus. 

UK close to securing post-Brexit ‘continuity’ trade deal with Japan

Liz Truss, has had to drop her ambitions for preferential treatment for British food exports. Will include zero tariff on Japanese cars imported to the UK in line with the EU.

So that 160K tonnes of beef that goes to EU now...well it is not going to Japan. Japanese car manufacturing gone. 

UK worse off with Japan than it is now.

The Express has noticed the fine print too. Ha Ha.

EeMgoviXoAA_tjV.png

6 hours ago, LeoV said:

Fucking turnips. We knew Raab was thick, another example

Thick and congenital liar. 

Funny how keeping secrets from your own citizens is OK. 

living in .....

https://www.gov.uk/world/living-in-belgium

a guide on what brits need to keep in mind living here with brexit

now substitute belgium in the url by any other EU country and seek out the differences ... RS Archer's neighbours won't like it ;) ... well, at least Boris and his motley crew are doing all they can to inform the peeps and assorted plebejans that it won't be a smooth ride. red tape galore, but of course, as Wayne will say along with the stupid son and his father : why do these europeans do this to us, we didn't vote for this, they owe us !!!

• Like 1

An interlude....plus I know anything statistical, charty or graphic makes Waynes head rotate faster. :lol:

Maybe the UK have looked to the past to see the future of Brexit and have cooked up a plan with the Russians to both survive and break BOTH the pesky French and the European Project. :lol:

The year is 1812, and Napoleon is doing pretty well for himself. He has most of Europe under his control, except for the UK.

No matter how many times he tried to invade them, he couldn’t break through their defenses. His plan was to place an embargo on them, forcing the other European countries to stop trade with the UK which would weaken them enough so that Napoleon could invade and take over easily.

Czar Alexander of Russia sees that Napoleon was becoming too powerful, so he refuses to participate in this embargo. Angry at Czar Alexander’s decision, Napoleon gathers a massive army of over 400,000 to attack Russia in June of the year 1812. While Russia’s troops are not as numerous as France’s, Russia has a plan.

Russian troops keep retreating as Napoleon’s troops move forward, burning everything they pass, ensuring that the French forces could not take anything from their environment. Eventually the French army follows the Russian army all the way to Moscow during October, suffering major losses from lack of food. By the time Napoleon gets to Moscow, he knows he has to retreat.

napoleon_path.png.a4b4325d80558003be69a9ead8acbf12.png

As winter settles into Europe and the temperature drops, Napoleon’s troops suffer even more losses, returning to France from lack of food, disease, and weather conditions.

temperature_return_trip.png.9be0e031dca263accf21a90e1a531ba5.png

Hitler went on to repeat the same mistake 130 years later

This plot shows Napoleon's march to Russia and return.  The thickness of the lines represents the number of troops Napoleon had at any given time/location. The brown line the advance, the black one the retreat.

In The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, Edward Tufte calls Minard’s graphic of Napoleon in Russia one of the “best statistical drawings ever created.” 

minard_lg.gif

Courtesy Joanne Cheng

The government’s shambolic announcement of local lockdown measures on Twitter just now is the result of its total failure to deliver the functioning track and trace system it started constructing in March or nearly 5 months ago.

It is fucked and they won't admit it. In fact they are talking it up. Positive tests per 100,000 population in some areas are suddenly tripling indicating persons are not being tested in response to tracing.

The true position of the UK on the second wave curve is being deliberately witheld with border quarantine "dead cats" raining from the sky. Even Brexit announcements have become diversions to Covid. People totally confused.

Johnson is not asleep at the wheel. He knows he is deceiving the UK public, lied to Parliament and idiots like Wayne incl who refuse to see and acknowledge it.

Dangerous fucktards.

EeM87KiXoAELXc7.jpeg

Continue to be amazed the UK mainstream media stay away from ONS excess mortality figures and sticks with the nonsense positive test on death certificate measure the Govt keep pushing that is over 40% a undercount.

ONS also clearly shows that England has had the highest level of excess deaths in the whole of Europe and the world for the half year.

Brexit will end up in some arrangements to divert the biggest problems, after that it will show the UK is hurting, Global Britain never took off, cuts in employment, rising governments costs, more UK grown rules, and nothing to show for. Both sides disgruntled and feeling cheated, but will not take much action. Every year there will be talks with the EU, but UK will not accomplish much.

In all fairness, Brexit would have been much easier in 08, after the crises it showed the Mythical City was nothing more then a bunch of fast guys in high risk finance on top of normal banking activity every country does.
EU saved the Euro, even without the right tools at hand. There was a huge amount of work involved. All central banks, big 4 countries, bankers, Brussels bureaucrats, completely rewrote the book on financial services for a continent in 5 years. But Eurosceptics will never understand how big a deal this was. They still chant the 08 line of "The Euro will go down..."
Incidentally in the process they stripped the City of its Brexit levers as well. I
t brought European banking much more under the wing of the ECB, so the EU can coordinate financial responses to Brexit, and that also revealed the true extent of UK involvement in EU finance (small enough to be compensated quickly), as well as clarifying their real leverage (Non in financial world, Euro-derivates a problem, but nothing that can be handled). All the banks crises stress test and guidelines written really helped to clarify UK position in the EU and the world. Lots of data collected. And it showed the London City was not all that critical to the EU. Hence the EU is not demanding access to London, but the other way.
Latest news on this is that the UK dropped all requests that were bonkers (FOM for financial employees, no need to have an EU representative etc), nice try.

And the UK reaction when said new financial services book became law; lets go Brexit. To late, suckers. Even using the Might of London as a factor. Bonkers.

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Last time I looked there wasn't English tourists sitting on the beach in middle of winter there.

You are being conned. 

Last 30 days:

I always thought that it was some time after a spike in numbers of positive cases that deaths occurred in rising numbers from Covid. Its interesting that you only mention the mortality rate of today to support your case and don't use the more pertinent rise in cases number that will prelude a rise in deaths some months down the line.

image.png.ad8e287d2c16365e256adac8eaacd267.png

It will be interesting in a very sad way that as the Covid has now entered the care homes in Victoria Aus, just how your mortality rate will rise some months down the line.

It maybe interesting for you to also break down the cases to age demographics as well, youngsters going to the bar and catching it, as in the case in Spain, won't necessarily die from it, but for example within the larger extended family groups we have in Leicester and Oldham, seeding by the youngsters can have dire consequences for the family elders.

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Latest news on this is that the UK dropped all requests that were bonkers (FOM for financial employees, no need to have an EU representative etc), nice try.

And the UK reaction when said new financial services book became law; lets go Brexit. To late, suckers. Even using the Might of London as a factor. Bonkers.

As we say .. when you keep banging the corners against convention you get caught out in the end. Bonkers big time.

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

I always thought that it was some time after a spike in numbers of positive cases that deaths occurred in rising numbers from Covid. Its interesting that you only mention the mortality rate of today to support your case and don't use the more pertinent rise in cases number that will prelude a rise in deaths some months down the line.

You appear interested in a serious answer.

When you know a Govt are lying about cases, body bags are then the only recourse for making comparisons. The Johnson Govt are even trying to hide them like suspending even that count. However the ONS being independent keeps doing their shit.

You are correct about lag time. There is at least a 3 week lag from cases rising to deaths starting to to appear. This is incubation period up to 14 days, a test time lag, around 10 days hospital admission time to death, then a delay to record. 

A comparison is the US as it is a potential real life case study of what is now occuring in the UK regionally.

US Memorial Day last week of May shown as blue dot on the right hand chart when they let many in southern states off the leash.

EbT6KkiVAAEaA1v.jpeg

Then in early July deaths start to rise, noting treatment improvements, lower age of admissions slow that rate compared to original Spring outbreak largely centred in the US NE. The NE is currently in good shape. It is the south and west where it is happening. Think Nth England. 

Hey presto in July it has taken off again in the US. This was on Monday so still relevant, I'm too lazy to update. 

The 7-day average for daily deaths is now over 900, back where it was in early June.

Ed4jkPvU0AABdq7.png

Deaths rose only marginally nationally from last Sunday. In the South, however, there were 371 deaths today and 279 deaths last Sunday, an increase of 33%.

Ed4jvMxVoAEwmC4.png

Ed4mzbqUYAAJuzb.png

And some US footfall data. Look at Airports down the bottom and ponder the "dead cat" happening with UK border quarantine shutting out countries in better shape. Why wasn't that occuring in March when they were shit and then it counted?

newplot.png.142681513ee39d2896aca5afbd09db32.png

Chart showing foot traffic patterns across various industries in the U.S. “Normal” behavior is represented by “1” on the y-axis

The UK ignored Italy and looked what happened.  2 week lag in death count that matched exactly evey day nearly for weeks going past 15lk. 

Now the UK is ignoring the US. 

Make your own mind up.

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You are correct about lag time. There is at least a 3 week lag from cases rising to deaths starting to to appear. This is incubation period up to 14 days, a test time lag, around 10 days hospital admission time to death, then a delay to record. 

So why use the stat below as a headline, when you know as well as I do that its a meaningless stat, other than to continue your tirade of waffle against Boris and continue to deceive and bamboozle your sycophants such as Mad and CMS.

13 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You are being conned. 

Last 30 days:

11 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

So why use the stat below as a headline, when you know as well as I do that its a meaningless stat, other than to continue your tirade of waffle against Boris and continue to deceive and bamboozle your sycophants such as Mad and CMS.

Headline as buried mid post.

That was a waste of fucking time and effort. Fuck off.

33 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You appear interested in a serious answer.

When you know a Govt are lying about cases, body bags are then the only recourse for making comparisons. ...

...A comparison is the US as it is a potential real life case study of what is now occuring in the UK regionally....

....And some US footfall data. Look at Airports down the bottom and ponder the "dead cat" happening with UK border quarantine shutting out countries in better shape....

...Now the UK is ignoring the US. 

Make your own mind up.

4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Headline as buried mid post.

That was a waste of fucking time and effort. Fuck off.

Why do you bother? 

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I'm a fool.

The fool that continues to write his musings here 20 hours a day 360 days a year knowing he has absolutely no input into the outcome.

^^^^^^^ Leo's favourite Chris Grey - The long slow grind continues.

On state aid as a stumbling block; the attritional grind of emerging Brexit effects & why there seems to be so little public concern; faith, pragmatism, and post-truth politics; possible futures.

Brexit as sold by the leave campaign can never be delivered, ever and Brexiteers will never accept it can't be delivered.

Then with this for desert.

The Times - The EU is slowly herding Britain to satellite status

"Boris Johnson will burble about escaping Brussels’ rules but there aren’t going to be any game-changing trade deals elsewhere.

One herd, one field, one exit, one ramp, one lorry — and a sheepdog. The ending was already plain, inescapable, from the beginning." :lol:

Common consensus is they had plenty of rooms...just not one for him. :lol:

Same bloke who was paid to be on EU Fisheries Committee, but never turned up.

They are actually asylum seekers being processed and not illegal immigrants.....cunt.

Agreed negotiation timetable out and presumably the last one. That's it and no more....well maybe not quite the last one :lol:

Takes it through to early October. 

EeQ8963XsAAuP-O.jpeg

Why the lies ??? Stupid or ignorant or political greasing the pole ?
Singham is member of this committee, trade guru lies or misinforms, what a surprise.

^^^ these lords have way too much time at hand  ... indeed quite an interesting list of questions, , the only additional question is if Jack's former lust object will be eager to provide real answers, one big argument being -like same in EU-UK discussions-  the willingness to show the cards and/or white rabbits in the sleeve of the UK's formidable and experienced negotiators

^^^^
very normal questions not answered yet...
HOL;
We hope for a timely and  detailed response to this letter’s conclusions and further questions, set out in bold, we would ask by no later than
18 September.

They gave her homework to do in vacation time ....

On 6/29/2020 at 11:34 PM, troll99 said:

You know, the brits try to live "greatness of the former Empire" which ceased recently..the late 18th century. Then not to mention all the old remains of the Empire. All those petty traditions, Queen, the old stuff and the independence from any imposed union. 

On 6/30/2020 at 2:09 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Just for you Wayne.

703414474_images-2020-06-25T074920_550.jpeg.20d610aec1c2e539bf6d88e879315ad5.jpeg

Troll interesting you say that. When you think about it the English have always projected their political and economic power "externally." 

First with the Empire, then that started going to shit after the clock turned over to 1900.

Presiding over colonies was then replaced with the Commonwealth where many of those ex colonies getting ever stronger, taking the edge of that projected English superiority, even on God forbid the cricket and rugby pitches.

Then post WWII sought to form a unified Europe but missed the boat entirely having to wait until 1972 to be allowed to join a already established EEC/EU. So off again seeking to continue that centuries old tradition, but now projecting political and economic influence externally from a proxy postcode just across the Channel.

But then at every turn wanted to step back but still maintain a place at the top of the EU table. Be it the single market but no Schengen, no Euro, trying unsuccessfully to make it a image of itself and finally pulled up stumps entirely on 31 January this year.

Now it's back to the future with Empire Mark II afresh. Scouring the world to find places to raise the Union Jack (that itself is starting to unravel) be it first a chair beside the wall at the "Association of Southeast Asian Nations" (ASEAN) or the Pacific rims "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership" (CPTPP) then a chair at the table, a table containing some of those old colonies.

So all in all pretty funny. Brexiteers were sold the sovereign nation, ring fencing its status as an independent coastal nation where it was taking back control including some immigrant cleansing.

Yet never in its history has that ever really occured, now taking back something it never had....and blow me down it seems that isn't going to change.

Pretty weird bunch the English.

(Great work team that's a print..thanks Jack)

"When you think about it the English have always projected their political and economic power "externally."

Some brain food....a continuation.

What I've described there is the demise of the Empire Mark I and where it is Brexit and the Empire Mark II in traditional trade and political terms where it continues to project it's power internationally. 

Also the UK essentially gave up its sovereignty hundreds of years ago.

Not described from the demise of the Empire Mark I is the City of London grew it's financial services interests at the expense manufacturing to do many things including preserving its currency. Services incl financial services is now the majority of UK's exports.

What if Brexit is modelled nearly ENTIRELY on growing "Financial Services" where no one has admitted it? International trade is entirely secondary.

London is now the world centre of a web of secrecy jurisdictions (UK controls half of those secret jurisdictions in the world) and today around half the world's offshore wealth is hidden via those British jurisdictions.

A large proportion of this dirty money. It is capital generated by things as tax evasion, illegal arms sales, capital taken out of developing nations, out of states like Russia and drug sales etc.

Question.

A. Is preserving and growing not just this dirty money but also traditional financial services the GENISYS to Brexit, deal or no deal?

OR 

B. Does Brexit WITHOUT a financial services deal with the EU threaten that? Threaten it so severely it will guarantee a deal with the EU?

I have not seen this subject discussed. 

The City of London is now the largest international player in the business of "dirty money". It is also the lifeblood of the Tory party and the English elite. This vid explains why.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeoV said:

And for the ones that think no UK politician even tries to get answers from government ? They just do not reply...

This long House of Lords letter, with questions, to Liz Truss about the US-UK FTA is very well done and interesting: https://committees.parliament.uk/publications/2

How many times have you seen a 32 page letter and 10 page annexure like that. Wow. 

You can see why Johnson is working flat out to accelerate the centralisation of Government including removing Parliament and Judiciary oversight. 

No more putting up with pesky little letters like that arriving in the mail from Westminster...once he has that done.

8 hours ago, LeoV said:

Singham is member of this committee, trade guru lies or misinforms, what a surprise.

That Agricultural Commission is a sham. Any outcome from its deliberations already poisoned by unterances from its shopkeeper Chairman...Truss is free to ignore it ...and Singham is a turd.

Called THE END.....I see the Brexit fly and rancid cream of Brexit dripping down onto the plinth...the drone signifying the final explosion on 31 Dec. The cherry I'm still trying to place. ;)

EeST021UwAAF4GR.jpeg

I see that scum Claire Fox and Nigel Dodds**  nominated for peerages, by Johnson amoungst his Brexiteer rewards . Fox gets one and Farage doesn't. :lol:

Thirty-six new peers include Boris Johnson's brother,

Lords not happy....remember Cummings plan about using Lord's as a pool to appoint non elected Ministers from.

Lord Speaker tells Johnson to cease ‘mass appointments’ to House of Lords

** Same Nigel Dodds who played a part in Unionist paramilitary gun running  around time of Unionists protesting the Anglo-Irish agreement in 1986 that gave Dublin an advisory role in the government of NI.

Troubled past: the paramilitary connection that still haunts the DUP

A quick Sunday morning musing as my research team have the day off. :lol:

The Government's virus response is hard to ignore...it is a "signpost" to how Downing St will plan for and deal with Brexit fallout next year. 

The world has shown that the only way to beat the virus; is "teamwork," 'vigilance" and "honesty." 

The Johnson Government has demonstrated none of those traits. In fact the only "teamwork" has been amoungst themselves and not to engage with the community, but to conspire against them and gaslight them. The death toll is the ultimate umpire of how that has all worked out.

If you believe in those 3 signposts, then things are going to get very grim on both the virus and Brexit front for the UK, if Downing St doesn't very quickly change it ways. 

Can't see that happening in a million years. It is not in their DNA.

This appears to have slipped under the radar of the main stream media. 

MPs from the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee which interestingly are a majority of Tories have urged the Government to take immediate action on food insecurity in the UK. 

The Committee in a report published on 30 July says the Government must review its resilience plans for the food sector for Covid and beyond and assess the extent to which the UK depends on “multi-national, just-in-time supply chains”.

It is important to stress this report goes beyond Covid. For instance the panic buying early in the pandemic, particularly of long shelf life products, did create temporary shortages due to point of sale demand. However the supply chain itself was not structurally impacted by Covid. 

The committee also made a point that the Govt didn't prepare for Covid supply issues, even though there was ample evidence and warning for the UK as experienced will beforehand via other countries.

The supply chain however unlike Covid will be dramatically impacted by Brexit. Even the Government's has admitted it won't be border ready on 1 January.  The MPs have also called for the Government to urgently appoint a Minister of Food Security and accommodate community interaction, not centralise a food security response.

This puts Downing Street in a bind. On one hand it is centralising control incl abolishing all but a handfull of Cabinet committees. On the other hand if they ignore this committee request, it will flag they are not taking the issue seriously 

This all indicates Tory backbenchers are not satisfied to simply sit back and accept assurances coming out of Downing St about Brexit impacts anymore.

This might be the tip of a rising iceberg beyond just food security issue. Watch this space.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:19 AM, jack_sparrow said:

"You need to stop making Brexit look bad.  It will be your fault if Brexit fails"

That directed at the Waynes is fascinating when viewed with this programme from the BBC showing the lead  to the referendum with the benefit of hindsight.

You see the complete screw up and abject failure of Remains "project fear" strategy. The success of Leaves lie upon lie and bugger the scandalous impropriety of that. 

You see all the personalities with their positioning and forecasting then and where they and their forecasts have ended up as of today. All the ruthless hypocrisy now exposed. 

Now 4 years on the wheel has turned.

Good and capable people gone, weasels elevated beyond their station.

Every day aspect after aspect of "project fear" has to be acknowledged by the Govt to be largely true, and the lies of 2016 are mostly swept under the carpet, like some inconvenience. Some lies are still being propagated before time and reality exposes them.

The nations wellbeing just forgotton. What a monumental, monumental cock-up.

Reality always wins in the end....but at the beginning?? :lol:

When was the last time you heard Rees Mogg bang on about Brexit...in fact apart from those like Gove with Ministerial preparation (if you can call it that) and exit responsibilty and likes of Truss on trade...is there anyone??

Brexiters' previous optimism has almost completely disappeared.

Brexiteers have been in retreat with their sheep tails between their legs for the last six months. Seems they’d rather be invisible than face the fact that they’ve been taken for fools. 

This great Times article paywalled ...this so you don't miss.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:59 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Then with this for desert.

The Times - The EU is slowly herding Britain to satellite status

"One herd, one field, one exit, one ramp, one lorry — and a sheepdog. The ending was already plain, inescapable, from the beginning." :lol:

EeGXW8EWsAQ8MCz.jpeg

EeGXXiJX0AMwIxC.jpeg

Lying cunt....the test and trace system is in chaos.

EeM87KiXoAELXc7.thumb.jpeg.89342a5c4f3c8aacc373f74fbd6fa289.jpeg

Now this.

Key pledge abandoned to test all people in care homes regularly throughout the summer,

Times - Care home coronavirus testing pledge abandoned

"Regular testing of almost two million residents and staff was supposed to have begun on July 6.

In a leaked memo sent to local authority chief executives on Friday night, Professor Jane Cummings — the government’s adult social care testing director — said “previously advised timelines for rolling out regular testing in care homes” were being torn up because of “unexpected delays”.

Wake up UK.

I'm sure her "Carry On" films... this one "Carry on Camping" in late 60's had an impression on me. :lol:

images - 2020-08-02T222906.017.jpeg

To now...time flies.

Johnson take note where she is off to...it would be like shooting an Albatross.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I was really tempted to remove the Ex bit.

Tory ex-minister arrested over rape

Will have to stand down..that will now mean down to 78 seats ?

This is the current betting sheet based on all the clues. 

Chris Grayling disaster on two legs ...shortest odds....There is also this from Feb 2016 Anonymity for MPs who are arrested.

"Under proposals laid by Chris Grayling, the Commons leader, the identity of MPs arrested would no longer have to be published by parliament. A review has called for their names to be kept secret to protect “the right of members to privacy” guaranteed under the European Convention on Human Rights."

The last bit very ironic. 

EeXh77mX0AEqf1I.png

If you park the difference in Parliamentary majority there is a current of Deja Vu starting to build. 

Remember when May survived her Dec 2018 leadership confidence vote. This was on the grounds she convinced the party was the one best equiped to get a varied deal with the EU. She was secret, didn't convince the EU, the patience of the backbench evaporated and within 5 months it was all over for her. 

Johnsons likewise secret, no extension/no deal threat to the EU has borne no negotiation fruit. The backbench are now rumbling. Like May Johnson now has 5 months of road left to deliver. 

Sunday Times -.Britain needs to cure its addiction to secrecy.

"Our government seems incapable of being transparent about anything from virus testing to tax. For transparency builds trust and trust matters."

This is the Hong Kong new cases dashboard for the pandemic. Every single case mapped, down to the apartment block they live in. Similiar systems exist in other places like Sth Korea and Singapore. Even Belgium has a high level of publicly available data to engender confidence.

UK local authorities have no idea what is happening and hear of Govt responses via the news and Hancock's Twitter feed.

EebFxDNXYAAxkVj.png

Looks as though pork markets are back in the frame :lol: US is protectionist..well fuck me who would have ever guessed. 

Wonder if anyone told her US are in trade deficit with the UK and gunning to reverse that. Welcome to the world of reality, not 2016 slogans.

16 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This is the current betting sheet based on all the clues. 

Chris Grayling disaster on two legs ...shortest odds....There is also this from Feb 2016 Anonymity for MPs who are arrested.

"Under proposals laid by Chris Grayling, the Commons leader, the identity of MPs arrested would no longer have to be published by parliament. A review has called for their names to be kept secret to protect “the right of members to privacy” guaranteed under the European Convention on Human Rights."

The last bit very ironic. 

EeXh77mX0AEqf1I.png

^^^^^^ Check the list. 

This is getting funny if you can call it that.

Fleet St are mouthing Mark Francois name...and not that he is the smallest chairman the ERG have ever had. Seems lights have been turned out on his social media accounts.

Out of Downing Street..suddenly new rules. 

“A Tory MP arrested on suspicion of rape will not be suspended from the party while investigations are ongoing, the party's whips' office has said.”

Seems Chief Whip and leader of the house Rees Mogg were made aware of complaint as it was first lodged with Parliament. went nowhere and so taken to the cops.

The last time I looked the cops and Crown Prosecution Service don't arrest people for suspicion. 

The "soft touch" on imports until next July is largely on account the UK has yet to build their computerised authorised goods entry system. The EU's import system is ready to roll from 1 January. 

Therefore this should come as no surprise surely even to bike riding Wayne. :lol:

Johnsons fix your bike & peddle to fitness (secretly avoiding covid public transport scheme also built in) website crashes as  £50 bike repair voucher scheme launches in England.

So remain fat it is ....well until Brexit food shortages hit. :lol:

IMG_20200803_162607.jpg

On 8/2/2020 at 4:19 AM, jack_sparrow said:

....Not described from the demise of the Empire Mark I is the City of London grew it's financial services interests at the expense manufacturing to do many things including preserving its currency. Services incl financial services is now the majority of UK's exports.

What if Brexit is modelled nearly ENTIRELY on growing "Financial Services" where no one has admitted it? International trade is entirely secondary......

Wayne is going to go mental....I do have a crystal ball. :lol:

Foreign firms could build new naval ships

"Taking control" and "levelling up" wasn't it???

In fact if you ask me, the good good ship Brexit looks to be riding a tad low in the water.

EapGMyNXsAQdVE_.jpeg

We have a similar 50€ bike repair scheme running in France for several months. Too popular to the point where repairers are snowed under and turning away that work.

20 minutes ago, cms said:

We have a similar 50€ bike repair scheme running in France

Bum Face never told anyone that.

• Like 1

The Brexit government is lost in a fog of lies

By Stewart Lee.

When the chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster went missing, I knew exactly where to find him.

Michael Gove is standing in a public waste disposal site in west London, objective reality dissolving around him, surrounded by a semicircle of imaginary attendants he has made himself from discarded rubbish; mop-handle spines, coathanger arms, sofa cushion bodies, and rotting rubber football heads. “These are my attendants, Leapy Lee,” he cried up at me, his eyes Bolivian bright, “they are immensely dignified and they are real.” But there were scarcely 10 false attendants, and they had taken Gove a week to make. I could have made that many in a day. I suddenly had my first inkling of the gulf between reality and the Brexit government’s acceptance of it. Why was I here?........

:lol::lol:

1476.jpg

Just as Johnson wanted summer has pushed Brexit out of the headlines unless Downing St see some millage in opening it up as a "dead cat" for something Covid. The trade side is bubbling away, however while of interest to me is a pretty dry subject for many. 

So I thought of using the "looking glass" to look back at some of the better Brexit analysis done a year or so ago.

This to see if "the opposite of what is normal or expected" has happened or has the "normal or expected" transpired. Then see if there is anything instructive that many today are missing . 

Downing St hated Channel 4 as much of their work was honest and objective so I started looking through their UTube library for interesting ones. 

I picked this as the premier or Episode One. It's simple and looks at a No-Deal through the prism and eyes of those who were up to the neck in it in the last half of 2018/early 2019. This was leading up to meaningful votes on May's Deal and A.50's 29 March exit date last year. 

What were the problems seen then? Have they dissapeared now? Or are they as Star Cargo Chairman John James said then; "It will be Armageddon for us here, it is not Project Fear, it will become reality; and that frightens all of us"

Was it all about trade and money then? If not what we're those issues and do they still exist today?

Is what the Brexiteers said, who supported No Deal then, what they are saying today about a No Deal appearing to be reality on 31 December? 

Did the Government hear the warnings then and have learnt from what was said up to 2 years ago?

Something jumped out for me. If Brexiteers are so enamoured with No Deal why did so many including the likes of Johnson, Gove and Rees Mogg, vote Yes for May's Deal in final round? Why did Johnson to make his Oven Ready Deal the centrepiece of his election campaign? Something is not passing the pub test.

I have dedicated Episode One to my research team and Wayne :lol:

Episode One - "Forget politicians - here's the experts view of a No-Deal Brexit."

14 Minute Extract

2 Quick & Dirty 2 min Bonus No Deal Tracks. 

"French fisherman worry about No-Deal"

"Brexit uncertainty hits UK fishing industry"

Next Episode.

"What does the world think of Brexit Britain?" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

..So I thought of using the "looking glass" to look back at some of the better Brexit analysis done a year or so ago.

This to see if "the opposite of what is normal or expected" has happened or has the "normal or expected" transpired. Then see if there is anything instructive that many today are missing...

This is an excellent "looking glass" exercise.

From February 2019.

Episode Two - "What  does the world think  of Brexit Britain?" 

A good balanced pairing of two pundits here.

On left - Jeremy Shapiro (American) - Research Director European Council on Foriegn Relations

On right - Hans Kundnani English) - Research Fellow Chatham House 

33 minutes 

Caution Spoilers.

- Shapiro saying Russia thinks it may have overplayed it's hand supporting Brexit. (remember this is pre Russia Report).

- Kundnani says Brexiting is a repeat and now aligns with UK post WWII where it was one of three spheres with the Empire/Commonwealth, the US and the EU. Now could be an ideal opportunity for the UK to align with Asia. Today we see the UK sniffing around ASEAN and the Pacific Partnership whose member countries largest trading partner is mostly China.

So looks good? Yet the Johnson Government is following the US lead and ostrosising China. Nothing planned there. ASEAN and Pacific Partnership are signs of UK desperation not design. 

- Shapiro - With reference to how the UK saw itself to the US in the 1960's where Tory PM Harold McMillan vision of the UK was (thinking UK as the more sophisticated of the two); "UK could be Greece to America's Rome." 

60 years later the wo