Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Tonight's Election Results

Democrat Andy Beshear has claimed victory in the Kentucky Governor’s race, but Republican Gov. Matt Bevin said he is not conceding.

Democrats will win at least 21 seats in the Virginia state Senate, taking control of the chamber.

Kentucky Republicans are rushing to distance themselves tonight from GOP Gov. Matt Bevin, pointing out his high disapproval ratings.

Vote by vote, election by election, the wild Gropenfuhrer is being reeled in. 
Real Christians are kneeling and reciting Psalm 109.8

In local politics the opposition is running as independent.   Very few democrats are on the ballet.  

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

In local politics the opposition is running as independent.   Very few democrats are on the ballet.  

I would think ballet is entirely D. Except all the closet pervs in the audience are R.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lark said:

Image result for trump in a tutu

12 minutes ago, Lark said:

I'm not sure I agree with your pointe.

• Like 5

Damn French dancers and their screwed up spelling.   My view of the local poles show nothing very exciting is happening.

BC4C6441-BBC6-4997-A886-7D40EF458146.jpeg

Kentucky is barely even a state.  Not important at all.  Just gets coffee for the more important states.

Barr will come in tomorrow looking for the millions of illegal voters.    

45 minutes ago, Lark said:

I'm not sure the Dems are good enough dancers to be in a ballet.

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I'm not sure the Dems are good enough dancers to be in a ballet.

Most of them couldn't find the dance floor. However, that's an improvement on the Republicans setting it on fire.

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Damn French dancers and their screwed up spelling.   My view of the local poles show nothing very exciting is happening.

BC4C6441-BBC6-4997-A886-7D40EF458146.jpeg

She's pretty fat for a Polish girls.

What does Ed Trabant have to say?

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

She's pretty fat for a Polish girls.

What does Ed Trabant have to say?

I tried to go for a triple word play, but found this kielbasa enthusiast instead.   

• Like 1

No, Donny, to have the greatest defeat in the history of the world you need to reach much higher. Think Napoleon. Nothing you will ever do will be the greatest in any way. You are at best a bumbling crook. You might have aimed for the greatest impeachment, but even approaching Nixon’s bold criminality is just not in you. You are far too lazy for anything great.

• Like 2

Oh boy... Delaware County In PA voted Democrat by large margins last night. DA, judges, county council. Landslide results. 

I hope we can do something constructive with this opportunity. Hope what’s coming is less cronyism and more opportunity for progressive policy.

44 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

No, Donny, to have the greatest defeat in the history of the world you need to reach much higher. Think Napoleon. Nothing you will ever do will be the greatest in any way. You are at best a bumbling crook. You might have aimed for the greatest impeachment, but even approaching Nixon’s bold criminality is just not in you. You are far too lazy for anything great.

He did bumble into the presidency, and given the fecundity of his ‘clever’ but shortsighted reactions to just about everything, and the resulting joyful Brownian machinations of his court jesters, Trump’s lack of calculation beyond the immediate demands of his stomach could lead to something astonishing in it’s bulk, however run-of-the-mill the criminality of his inspirational wellsprings might be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Oh boy... Delaware County In PA voted Democrat by large margins last night. DA, judges, county council. Landslide results. 

I hope we can do something constructive with this opportunity. Hope what’s coming is less cronyism and more opportunity for progressive policy.

Yup, but it’s hard to adequately appreciate  the hate millennials bring to the table when it comes to boomers, progressive or not. And so it goes....

One more thing- does Virginia going blue mean that the Equal Rights Amendment will finally pass?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amati said:
8 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Yup, but it’s hard to adequately appreciate  the hate millennials bring to the table when it comes to boomers, progressive or not. And so it goes....

I think DelCo exemplifies Trumps trouble in suburbia. Too many college educated voters who know their history and the Constitutional provisions which are specifically aimed at tyrants and how they apply to Trump and his band of merry oligarchs.

Delaware County council has gone Democrat since the civil war. Thanks Trump.

Amati, I see know age-related anger. I see them not swayed by culture wars over abortion and LGBTQ, but I see little hate for boomers, unless it’s against the GOP’s staunch anti-environmental stance.

Maybe it’s a West Coast thing.  It’s like I’ve got to prove my eco bonafides a couple times a week the last year or so.  Having a wooden boat helps, but we get the ‘it doesn’t look like a wood boat’ attitude, which fits in neatly to a ‘let’s get back to burning wood for heat, and have 5 kids’  Luddite millennial PC mindset around here.  Trumpism flipped on its head.

My daughter and her friends are millennials - no hate there.

On the contrary, they regard my wife & me as pretty cool. We were the house they gathered at back in their school days.

Cost a lot to feed hordes of 16 year old boys after school but it was worth it.

• Like 1

A little far fetched, then again, in the age of Trump, it is certainly a possibility

"Kentucky's Senate President Robert Stivers suggested Tuesday night that the close race between Gov. Matt Bevin and Democratic challenger Andy Beshear could ultimately be decided by the state's Republican-controlled legislature, sparking warnings that the GOP could attempt to "steal" the election.

"There's less than one-half of 1 percent, as I understand, separating the governor and [Beshear]," Stivers, a Republican, told reporters after Beshear declared victory. "We will follow the letter of the law and what various processes determine."

Stivers pointed to Section 90 of the Kentucky state Constitution, which says: "Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly, according to such regulations as may be established by law."

According to the New York Times, Beshear is leading Bevin by more than 5,000 votes with 100 percent of the precincts reporting. Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a Democrat, called the race for Beshear Tuesday night.

Stivers' comments were met with alarm on Twitter. The Intercept's Ryan Grim warned that Republicans are "totally gearing up to steal the KY governor's election."

Continued at https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/06/bevin-refuses-concede-critics-warn-kentucky-gop-totally-gearing-steal-gubernatorial?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm.

40 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

My daughter and her friends are millennials - no hate there.

On the contrary, they regard my wife & me as pretty cool. We were the house they gathered at back in their school days.

Cost a lot to feed hordes of 16 year old boys after school but it was worth it.

Don’t know if we were the cool house and parents but we must have been popular given our grocery bills.

These kids are now in their early 40s with families of their own.  Virtually all of them no longer live in town or even the state.  But when they are back home I get a phone call and usually a visit even if my son is not in the state.  They still eat my food but at least they bring the wine.  My son’s best friend, they go back to elementary school together through university, did not have a father in his life.  In no way, shape or form do I claim to have been a substitute father figure to him but he does thank me for advice and guidance.  Now that he is a parent he says many of the things I told him in his teens and 20s now make sense.  Isn’t it always the way.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

A little far fetched, then again, in the age of Trump, it is certainly a possibility

"Kentucky's Senate President Robert Stivers suggested Tuesday night that the close race between Gov. Matt Bevin and Democratic challenger Andy Beshear could ultimately be decided by the state's Republican-controlled legislature, sparking warnings that the GOP could attempt to "steal" the election.

"There's less than one-half of 1 percent, as I understand, separating the governor and [Beshear]," Stivers, a Republican, told reporters after Beshear declared victory. "We will follow the letter of the law and what various processes determine."

Stivers pointed to Section 90 of the Kentucky state Constitution, which says: "Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly, according to such regulations as may be established by law."

According to the New York Times, Beshear is leading Bevin by more than 5,000 votes with 100 percent of the precincts reporting. Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, a Democrat, called the race for Beshear Tuesday night.

Stivers' comments were met with alarm on Twitter. The Intercept's Ryan Grim warned that Republicans are "totally gearing up to steal the KY governor's election."

Continued at https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/06/bevin-refuses-concede-critics-warn-kentucky-gop-totally-gearing-steal-gubernatorial?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm.

Would anyone be surprised that the death of american democracy would start in Kentucky?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Don’t know if we were the cool house and parents but we must have been popular given our grocery bills.

These kids are now in their early 40s with families of their own.  Virtually all of them no longer live in town or even the state.  But when they are back home I get a phone call and usually a visit even if my son is not in the state.  They still eat my food but at least they bring the wine.  My son’s best friend, they go back to elementary school together through university, did not have a father in his life.  In no way, shape or form do I claim to have been a substitute father figure to him but he does thank me for advice and guidance.  Now that he is a parent he says many of the things I told him in his teens and 20s now make sense.  Isn’t it always the way.

I have many thanks for my surrogate Mom, who allowed me to crash on her couch many a night during my last couple years of high school. No questions, some food, invites to join her family on vacation. Amazing really looking back on it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Would anyone be surprised that the death of american democracy would start in Kentucky?

Fuck me...the people got heard. Democracy as we know it is over.

Unless that douche Bevins gets his way.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/17/780191177/louisiana-democrat-gov-john-bel-edwards-keeps-seat-despite-trumps-opposition

Louisiana Democrat, Gov. John Bel Edwards, Keeps Seat Despite Trump's Opposition

Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards has won re-election, defeating GOP opponent Eddie Rispone.

This is the third and final gubernatorial election of 2019 and the second loss for President Trump, who campaigned for all 3 Republicans.

“Our shared love for Louisiana is always more important than the partisan differences that sometimes divide us. And as for the president: God bless his heart.”

— Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D), quoted by the New York Times in his victory speech last night.

"Bless your heart" has an alternative meaning in the south from what I understand. :D

Shitstain won Louisiana by 20 points. Republicans have 5 of the 6 Critter seats and both Senators. They control both houses of the legislature. The Republican candidate, Eddie Rispone didn't have any elected experience. Rispone strongly attached himself to Shitstain and vice versa, and despite the fact that LA is deeply red, the election demonstrates Loser In Chief's inability to close the deal.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/17/trump-suffers-louisiana-loss-071300

Seems like the No-More-Trumpers are growing in numbers.

To be fair, Bel Edwards is about as far right a a Dem can get. Don’t expect free ponies in Louisiana any time soon.  

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

To be fair, Bel Edwards is about as far right a a Dem can get. Don’t expect free ponies in Louisiana any time soon.  

Nonetheless it has significant import:  Medicaid expansion for 400,000 people doesn't go away.  GOP supermajority in state legislature is also gone meaning they can't override a governor veto.  So despite JBE's Blue Dog politics it's an important result.

It also means the GOP's Always Be Doubling Down bullshit may have reached its limits if it can't bring minitrumps to statewide offices in Red states like KY and LA.

• Like 1