RobbieB

Greta Rides Again?

8 hours ago, fastyacht said:

None of that crap was about "facts." It was about twisting the meaning of what I wrote. What's funny is he isn't even good at it. I left a big "gimme" for him and he didn't even take it. Some bullshit about Labrador (which was literally a couple years after WWII--to my point) was all he could come up with. What he left out was that the first time they voted in Newfoundland/Labrador, the populace chose to stay a colony rather than joining Canada. Ironic of course.

The one he could have picked but didn't? Why, French Indochina of course! Roosevelt was of two minds about whether to gie it back to France. But then Truman did hand it over (remember France was Vichy so all their lands ended up on the wrong side at the war's end and the Japs were in control of Vietnam when the U.S. took over the Pacific.)

So Vietnam did not finally throw off colonial shackles until after 1954.

The European colonial paradigm was in fact mortally wounded by World War II. This is a fair statement, and cannot be "false" as if it is a "fact" such as for instance, "hydrogen has one electron."

This whole "shitfight" was Bruce trying to play this absurd internet one-upsmanship of pseudointellectiual might. It could have been an interesting discussion, except that when ever Brent, er, Bruce, is involved, it devolves quickly into this.

I guess my real question would be, what about Greenland? Haha.

Maybe you missed my post where I pointed out the French experience, and many more?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fastyacht said:

None of that crap was about "facts." It was about twisting the meaning of what I wrote. What's funny is he isn't even good at it. I left a big "gimme" for him and he didn't even take it. Some bullshit about Labrador (which was literally a couple years after WWII--to my point) was all he could come up with. What he left out was that the first time they voted in Newfoundland/Labrador, the populace chose to stay a colony rather than joining Canada. Ironic of course.

The one he could have picked but didn't? Why, French Indochina of course! Roosevelt was of two minds about whether to gie it back to France. But then Truman did hand it over (remember France was Vichy so all their lands ended up on the wrong side at the war's end and the Japs were in control of Vietnam when the U.S. took over the Pacific.)

So Vietnam did not finally throw off colonial shackles until after 1954.

The European colonial paradigm was in fact mortally wounded by World War II. This is a fair statement, and cannot be "false" as if it is a "fact" such as for instance, "hydrogen has one electron."

This whole "shitfight" was Bruce trying to play this absurd internet one-upsmanship of pseudointellectiual might. It could have been an interesting discussion, except that when ever Brent, er, Bruce, is involved, it devolves quickly into this.

I guess my real question would be, what about Greenland? Haha.

You are just ignorant, there are plenty of tombs in French cemeteries of people who were sent to fight colonial wars in the 60s and 50s. My dad (born in 1947) narrowly escaped being sent to Algeria.

27 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

E tu Fah Kiew?  Isn't there a ewe out there somewhere bleating your name, pining away for you?  Come to think of it, you have never mentioned if your 'girlfriend' has 2 legs or 4.  Kiwis are well known for certain proclivities, at least that's what I hear in Poland.  And speaking of boring, prolix tendentious twats...

I'm Australian. I realise that you're a US citizen and your country has an appalling education standard so your knowledge of world geography is likely limited, but really - you'll have to do better than *that*.

FKT

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I'm Australian. I realise that you're a US citizen and your country has an appalling education standard so your knowledge of world geography is likely limited, but really - you'll have to do better than *that*.

FKT

Oh my, very sorry.  As I understand with my limited knowledge and my aging brain that occasionally makes an accidental little slip, there are vast acres of Australia full of potential mates, as many as 75 million of them.  They call them singles bars sheep stations if I recall correctly.  Amiright?  I have also heard that sheep in most of the world sheep bleat baaaaaa, but down under they say daaaad.  ;)

Is that better?

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Oh my, very sorry.  As I understand with my limited knowledge and my aging brain that occasionally makes an accidental little slip, there are vast acres of Australia full of potential mates, as many as 75 million of them.  They call them singles bars sheep stations if I recall correctly.  Amiright?  I have also heard that sheep in most of the world sheep bleat baaaaaa, but down under they say daaaad.  ;)

Is that better?

Naaaah. Try harder. You're still confusing Australia with NZ. Understandable considering the number of times I got complimented on how well I spoke English when I lived in the USA. Of course they didn't know the difference between Australia and Austria, so you're not the most ignorant US citizen I've ever met.

Perhaps after you get your pension payment and can afford your next lot of meds, the fog will lift a bit and you can refresh your memory with a world globe.

Assuming the cognitive problem is the lack of meds, that is.

Bored now - Kevin has a new YouTube vid up. Feel free to come up with some feeble retort.

FKT

On 12/3/2019 at 1:04 AM, The Dark Knight said:

The first west-east Atlantic crossing in November by a Vegan food eating crew on a Outremer 47 with a divisive 16 yo climate activist and a toddler on board.

:)  

outremer 45

8 hours ago, GauchoGreg said:

My comment about marriage is that to be in a healthy marriage, you have to be able to work with your spouse's point rather than pick at a minor flaw in her/his details, as often the point is valid even if the context is flawed.  Doing the former (don't sweat the details and recognize the validity of the point) will lead to smoothly working through issues, while doing the latter (nit-pick crap while ignoring the point) will make the spouse say fuck-the-hell-off. 

I guess we will just have to take your word on that, from experience no doubt.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjXvXFF8lWHZhWyLilNuT

1 hour ago, LB 16 said:

You posted (several times) the allegation that Greta's facial features suggest she has FASD.  You did that to both discredit her parents and to discredit Greta and her message.  

You wanted to say "she's a retard" during the big "pile on Greta" fest of the first thread, but realized that wouldn't go over very well even here.  So you did the next best thing: post something that suggested she was of diminished mental capacity as a result of FASD.

Sorry, your protests of innocence aren't fooling anyone, and you will have to live with both getting flicked from SA for it and, assuming you have some kind of moral compass, the shame of knowing you publicly posted what amounts to hate towards a child.

Both you and 15 keep repeating over and over again that she has handlers, something she has publicly denied, as if no-one challenging these statements makes them true.  We'd like to believe you but posting pictures of people who happen to be in the same room as her and then claiming they are handlers is a bit much.  Posting links you found in a google search from a right wing loony site won't do either.  Prove it or shut it.

As far as your allegations that she is scripted and can't function outside of her script and imaginary handlers are concerned, here she is, unscripted, on the Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Can't find it on Youtube, hope you can see it.

Fuck you are a retard..... If I wanted to call her a retard I would do so, but unlike so many of you retards, I know and understand something about autism spectrum conditions. I know how and why it is her superpower and I also understand why the handlers chose to use her to further their cause. 

You are such a dumb fucking retard if you think facial features alone suggests she could be a victim of FASD. If you weren't so fucking retarded, you would know that FASD has a behavioural aspect to the diagnose, which happen to correspond to her admitted diagnosis. Again you are a fucking retard to think that I "suggested diminished mental capacity" because of FASD. How many times do I have to explain to you that the Autism spectrum diagnosis she has (whether it is FASD, genetics or other) work to Greta's advantage. I even posted a list of well respected scientists and business leaders who were diagnosed with or show the traits of being on the Autism spectrum. I even posted that if her parents and psychologists treated her correctly, based of conventional treatment for her type of Autism, and redirected her climate fear energy towards her education, she could come out of the education system the makings of a well respected scientist.

Your ignorance about Autism makes you one of the biggest fucking retards on SA.

Fuck, off and go and masturbate over your love interest photo you fucking retard

photo-35988.jpg

Sorry LB 15 for feeding 16th hole's your photo for sexual fantasy 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Fuck you are a retard..... If I wanted to call her a retard I would do so, but unlike so many of you retards, I know and understand something about autism spectrum conditions. I know how and why it is her superpower and I also understand why the handlers chose to use her to further their cause. 

You are such a dumb fucking retard if you think facial features alone suggests she could be a victim of FASD. If you weren't so fucking retarded, you would know that FASD has a behavioural aspect to the diagnose, which happen to correspond to her admitted diagnosis. Again you are a fucking retard to think that I "suggested diminished mental capacity" because of FASD. How many times do I have to explain to you that the Autism spectrum diagnosis she has (whether it is FASD, genetics or other) work to Greta's advantage. I even posted a list of well respected scientists and business leaders who were diagnosed with or show the traits of being on the Autism spectrum. I even posted that if her parents and psychologists treated her correctly, based of conventional treatment for her type of Autism, and redirected her climate fear energy towards her education, she could come out of the education system the makings of a well respected scientist.

Fuck, off and go and masturbate over your love interest photo you fucking retard

photo-35988.jpg

Lol. You so fucking posted that. Didn't sail today ?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, astro said:

I guess we will just have to take your word on that, from experience no doubt.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjXvXFF8lWHZhWyLilNuT

would like to say I missed you Randumb - but I didn't

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

would like to say I missed you Randumb - but I didn't

Only a cunt would say that.

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

E tu Fah Kiew?  Isn't there a ewe out there somewhere bleating your name, pining away for you?  Come to think of it, you have never mentioned if your 'girlfriend' has 2 legs or 4.  Kiwis are well known for certain proclivities, at least that's what I hear in Poland.  And speaking of boring, prolix tendentious twats...

My best mate had 4 legs - and from what I could tell, liked sailing ( or at least liked being near the water)

image.png.87d1cdbdf43263fd142efe2dad404813.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, astro said:

Only a cunt would say that.

haha, welcome back

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Panoramix said:

You are just ignorant, there are plenty of tombs in French cemeteries of people who were sent to fight colonial wars in the 60s and 50s. My dad (born in 1947) narrowly escaped being sent to Algeria.

Have you read Hell in a Very Small Place by Bernard Fall?

Algerians who fought valiantly in L'Indochine...then their own homeland went up in smoke.

Please correct me if I'm wrong--was not Algeria a Department of France rather than a colony at the time?

The tragedy of Algeria was colossal.

I'm glad your father missed it.

24 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Lol. You so fucking posted that. Didn't sail today ?

the boat is in the yard getting what 16th hole in his head would like to do to LB

Some really worrying new from Madrid about prices rising dramatically. Mostly in brothels.

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Naaaah. Try harder. You're still confusing Australia with NZ. Understandable considering the number of times I got complimented on how well I spoke English when I lived in the USA. Of course they didn't know the difference between Australia and Austria, so you're not the most ignorant US citizen I've ever met.

Perhaps after you get your pension payment and can afford your next lot of meds, the fog will lift a bit and you can refresh your memory with a world globe.

Assuming the cognitive problem is the lack of meds, that is.

Bored now - Kevin has a new YouTube vid up. Feel free to come up with some feeble retort.

FKT

Your retort was more feeble than your sheep obsessed brain even.  You are nothing but a pompous twit that claims to know so much, and has no idea how truly ignorant he is.  I have no idea how you ever have time to work on your garbage scow since apparently your occupation is spewing drivel here.  You aren't worthy of wiping the ass of the lowliest New Zealander.  You have become a terribly boring troll. if you haven't always been so.  I am done with you silly child.  Go weld up a device to better restrain your woolly girlfriend.  Take care and don't burn your penis in the process for god's sake.  That would be too baaaaaaaad.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Your retort was more feeble than your sheep obsessed brain even.  You are nothing but a pompous twit that claims to know so much, and has no idea how truly ignorant he is.  I have no idea how you ever have time to work on your garbage scow since apparently your occupation is spewing drivel here.  You aren't worthy of wiping the ass of the lowliest New Zealander.  You have become a terribly boring troll. if you haven't always been so.  I am done with you silly child.  Go weld up a device to better restrain your woolly girlfriend.  Take care and don't burn your penis in the process for god's sake.  That would be tragic.

Umm, Ed - those meds.....

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

My best mate had 4 legs - and from what I could tell, liked sailing ( or at least liked being near the water)

image.png.87d1cdbdf43263fd142efe2dad404813.png

Too bad your  furry companion has passed away. I am sure my pups would have loved a play date sometime.  In the meantime, Stanley is dreaming of the upcoming Christmas holiday.

Stanley Xmas.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Umm, Ed - those meds.....

Shhh, I'm busy.  Maybe later... :blink:

37 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Have you read Hell in a Very Small Place by Bernard Fall?

Algerians who fought valiantly in L'Indochine...then their own homeland went up in smoke.

Please correct me if I'm wrong--was not Algeria a Department of France rather than a colony at the time?

The tragedy of Algeria was colossal.

I'm glad your father missed it.

I will let you explain to Algerians that they weren't administered by a colonial power. I hope that you are a fast runner as they might not be impressed.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

I will let you explain to Algerians that they weren't administered by a colonial power. I hope that you are a fast runner as they might not be impressed.

I completely understand that point of view. There would not have been a war if they had agreed with the premise!

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Your retort was more feeble than your sheep obsessed brain even.  You are nothing but a pompous twit that claims to know so much, and has no idea how truly ignorant he is.  I have no idea how you ever have time to work on your garbage scow since apparently your occupation is spewing drivel here.  You aren't worthy of wiping the ass of the lowliest New Zealander.  You have become a terribly boring troll. if you haven't always been so.  I am done with you silly child.

by-the-power-of-white-girl_new.jpg

5 hours ago, fastyacht said:

I completely understand that point of view. There would not have been a war if they had agreed with the premise!

Man up a bit, and admit that you were wrong. OK, WW2 and Nazism were the final drop that made colonialism and nationalism unacceptable to most people but colonialism didn't disappear instantly in 1945. Saying so is just disrespectful for the 10s of thousands of people who died in these wars.

1 minute ago, Panoramix said:

Man up a bit, and admit that you were wrong. OK, WW2 and Nazism were the final drop that made colonialism and nationalism unacceptable to most people but colonialism didn't disappear instantly in 1945. Saying so is just disrespectful for the 10s of thousands of people who died in these wars.

I never said it disappeared instantly.

I am certainly sorry if I created heartache as that was not my intent. Far from it!

On 12/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, fastyacht said:

European states lost their colnies in 1945. It was WWII. Ended that paradigm.

@fastyacht here is what you wrote....

18 hours ago, GauchoGreg said:

No, it is about him being insufferable about ignoring points and focusing on the irrelevant details then claiming "victory" because a study/story was published in 2016 rather than 2019, or because the insane New Green Deal was identified as the Green New Deal (or whatever the hell it is), ..... as Fastyacht points out: "internet one-upsmanship of pseudointellectiual might".  A great example is that he has actually admitted that nuclear has a critical place in logical energy policy, but then focused on bullshit to make a bogus claim of rhetorical victory and higher understanding... but ignoring that the American / European / ANZAC  Left (which is clearly what is part of, and highlighted by lovely little tools like Greta) are totally opposed to nuclear, regardless of what they SAY.  The proof is in the pudding (regardless of what is in their current proposals) ... they oppose everything, and NEVER promote anything, that involves nuclear.  Instead, it is entirely a focus on "green" energy (wind & solar), but ignore that those options absolutely do have extreme impacts, depending on their application (most notably land/sea coverage), and the diffuse nature of the energy limits its overall potential to replace existing carbon-based energy, let alone INCREASE energy production, which could dramatically improve our quality of life.  He will jump on "gotcha" bullshit about the date of a study but ignore the greater point. 

Ha. Nice try GauchoGreg.

These so called irrelevant details are you putting forward completely undermined your own points, because the data you used is out of date. Three years is significant because the price of solar during those three years has fallen in some cases by around half.

Your main point seems to be because I'm a Kiwi allows you to conflate my nation's stance on nuclear with my personal belief. (It might be highly confusing to you that I support using depleted uranium to safely generate power). That being said, NZ generates over 80% of its power with renewable sources without nuclear. NZ's focus is on its existing hydro, geothermal - as well as solar and wind. You say this focus have extreme impacts - but fail to say what they are? Reliability? 

My main point was that US and Australia generate just 15%, and are in the process of increasing renewable energy sources - in particular solar and wind. This is good, because both an economic basis alone they have a positive impact. These calculations account for when the wind doesn't blow and the sun isn't shining.

18 hours ago, GauchoGreg said:

He will jump on "gotcha" bullshit about the date of a study but ignore the greater point. 

Did I miss your greater point or are you waiting to make it?

1 hour ago, Panoramix said:

@fastyacht here is what you wrote....

I'm sorry for writing a misleading statement.

I should have worded it better. The intention was to point out that the war ended the paradigm--er--began to end the paradigm. That was sloppy.

I do sincerely apologize for causing great heartache. I really do. As I said before, that was not my intent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Your retort was more feeble than your sheep obsessed brain even.  You are nothing but a pompous twit that claims to know so much, and has no idea how truly ignorant he is.  I have no idea how you ever have time to work on your garbage scow since apparently your occupation is spewing drivel here.  You aren't worthy of wiping the ass of the lowliest New Zealander.  You have become a terribly boring troll. if you haven't always been so.  I am done with you silly child.  Go weld up a device to better restrain your woolly girlfriend.  Take care and don't burn your penis in the process for god's sake.  That would be too baaaaaaaad.

You really have no idea on the practices down under. As a member of the Tassie population there is no need to venture out of the home for gratification. Any family member will suffice.

• Like 3

Thanks for those posting information on the excellent sailing adventures Greta has taken.  I dropped by here to learn about her second voyage and found what I was looking to learn.  I came pretty close to purchasing an old but well kept Outremer, so I'm interested, but only read about all this upon her arrival. 

Shame on those posting hate message towards this 16 year old activist.  Your bullying insults towards her are not appropriate, funny or interesting.  I pretty successfully skimmed past them, but the sheer volume is rather sad commentary on those doing it.  And take it to the PA.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, tama_manu said:

Thanks for those posting information on the excellent sailing adventures Greta has taken.  I dropped by here to learn about her second voyage and found what I was looking to learn.  I came pretty close to purchasing an old but well kept Outremer, so I'm interested, but only read about all this upon her arrival. 

Shame on those posting hate message towards this 16 year old activist.  Your bullying insults towards her are not appropriate, funny or interesting.  I pretty successfully skimmed past them, but the sheer volume is rather sad commentary on those doing it.  And take it to the PA.

So after skimming past most of the comments you can still decide on the content and meaning behind them.

Just what this thread needs, another self entitled wanker that refuses to consider other points of view.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

You really have no idea on the practices down under. As a member of the Tassie population there is no need to venture out of the home for gratification. Any family member will suffice.

It’s the West Virginia of the Southern Hemisphere

11 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

photo-35988.jpg

Anyone who REALLY knew anything about Autism Spectrum Disorders would never use the word "retard" even in jest.
It is an appalling word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidC59 said:

Anyone who REALLY knew anything about Autism Spectrum Disorders would never use the word "retard" even in jest.
It is an appalling word.

and very appropriate for describing 16th hole in his head.

Yes it would be appalling to use the word Retard to describe someone on the autism spectrum and also appalling and ignorant to suggest someone wanted to refer to Greta in that way, hence my response to the ignorant 16th  

13 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I even posted that if her parents and psychologists treated her correctly, based of conventional treatment for her type of Autism, and redirected her climate fear energy towards her education, she could come out of the education system the makings of a well respected scientist.

This is fucking gold!

Her parents have clearly done an amazing job.  Her education appears to be superior to yours in so many ways I don't know which to list first.

• Like 1

Sooo, about the dangers of having the main overpowered in a downwind situation, main is hard against the rigging and where as the sporting seas mean you can not turn to windward and spill. What's a gal/guy gonna do?

Send a monkey to the mast or let her hum :-)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The climate change links and posting style got me thinking and then I vaguely remembered that Captain Goodvibes had a side kick called Astro. A quick sort through my collection of Tracks magazine confirmed that was his name. It also led to a hour or so spent reading said pile of old tracks magazines. I had forgotten how the world was less PC back then! In the letters to the editor someone had accused the mag of becoming gay. The editor at the time (Phil Jarratt) replied stating ‘Tracks hates all poofters and thinks they should all be put in a big piston and squashed. There is no excuse for dung punching’

No Nancyboy fence sitting there. Anyway Randumb does have a sense of humour so I am in no doubt it is him. And this place will be all the richer for his return.

Great sluthing there Sherlock

..... I wish i had all my old tracks mags... 
agree on Random... Without them things would be boring...

We have a new loony over at multi anarchy name Bottman..... and i too love this place....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, astro said:

This is fucking gold!

Her parents have clearly done an amazing job.  Her education appears to be superior to yours in so many ways I don't know which to list first.

Just list them all, I'm interested to see....

3d763661d4f58571ad7a68d96f292023.gif

13 minutes ago, PIL66 - XL2 said:

.... I wish i had all my old tracks mags... 

While still a bleached grommet, I had my first article published in Tracks.  Was a legend at school for it till they remembered what a cunt I was.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 2:22 PM, fastyacht said:

Screenshot_2019-12-03-15-21-35~2.png

That was my daughters favorite book when she was growing up living on a Passport 40 in the Virgin Islands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARumRunner said:

Sooo, about the dangers of having the main overpowered in a downwind situation, main is hard against the rigging and where as the sporting seas mean you can not turn to windward and spill. What's a gal/guy gonna do?

And who rigged the reef lines, why isn't  there a tack downhaul line run aft so you can grind down the tack?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

That was my daughters favorite book when she was growing up living on a Passport 40 in the Virgin Islands. 

"Born at sea in the teeth of a gale, the sailor was a dog." (And then he went and lived on land. And tried trains and planes and automobiles but Scuppers didn't want to go by plane.)

That's how I remember it starting.

I loved the submarine. And the Moroccan port where he tries on the Aladdin lamp shoes. And his bunk on his boat with him sleeping in it. And stretching out in the hay in his little impromtu house on the beach after the shipwreck. It is all so vivid in my imagination.

And when he fixes the boat, well, then a little later there was a reprise: Gilligan's Island, except that Scuppers fixed *his* boat! ("If I can build a house, I can repair the boat!")

4 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

It is an appalling word.

Indeed it is fine bait.

2 hours ago, ARumRunner said:

On a fast cat, you would wait for some acceleration and then decrease of apparent wind and down she comes..

Better yet, reef early and often.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

photo-35988.jpg

Meltdown much?

I do admire Michael Palin, he is a comic genius and from all reports he is also a decent bloke.  You might do well to emulate him.  But love interest, no.  

I love this statement you made: "How many times do I have to explain to you that the Autism spectrum diagnosis she has (whether it is FASD, genetics or other) work to Greta's advantage."

It suggests that you have ASD and FASD completely confused.   I do hope that whatever you do for a living, it doesn't involve anyone with any kind of disability, given that you just demonstrated complete ignorance, and especially now that we've seen what kind of person you really are....

I see you like to speak in pictures!  Fantastic!  Here you go! On with the show! FIL..... nah, maybe not.  Hey 15, I landed a big one today!  I think he's a friend of yours.

Image result for mr. smithers excellent gif

Image result for fish jumping in boat gif

8 hours ago, Gissie said:

If you ever visit Tasmania, be sure to donate to the genetic pool.

it needs all the help it can get..

4 hours ago, ARumRunner said:

I'm assuming that the same person who got the boat into that situation, appalling situational awareness, didn't look a the thread title before posting.

But just in case it was deliberate, an attempt to derail.

President Donald Trump asserted that he had “very high levels of intelligence,” and as such, did not believe in the scientific consensus surrounding climate change in a sweeping interview with The Washington Post published Tuesday.

“One of the problems that a lot of people like myself, we have very high levels of intelligence but we’re not necessarily such believers,” said Trump, speaking to the Post’s Josh Dawsey and Philip Rucker. “You look at our air and our water and it’s right now at a record clean. ... As to whether or not it’s man-made and whether or not the effects that you’re talking about are there, I don’t see it — not nearly like it is.”

Please mate - include a meme. You got some catching up to do!

Greta Thunberg says Trump's 'extreme' climate change denial is helping environmental movement

Donald Trump’s climate change denial is “so extreme” it is helping to galvanise the environmental movement, Greta Thunberg has said. 

The US president’s wholesale rejection of climate science may force people to “wake up” about the global warming crisis, the teenage activist suggested.

“He’s so extreme and he says so extreme things, so I think people wake up by that in a way,” she told AFP news agency.

What are her thoughts on Brexit? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, olaf hart said:

If you ever visit Tasmania, be sure to donate to the genetic pool.

it needs all the help it can get..

Well, perhaps not from Kiwis....

FKT

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, astro said:

Greta Thunberg says Trump's 'extreme' climate change denial is helping environmental movement

Donald Trump’s climate change denial is “so extreme” it is helping to galvanise the environmental movement, Greta Thunberg has said. 

The US president’s wholesale rejection of climate science may force people to “wake up” about the global warming crisis, the teenage activist suggested.

“He’s so extreme and he says so extreme things, so I think people wake up by that in a way,” she told AFP news agency.

Just wait  untill I address the conference - when the cameras are running I do my best work.

56 minutes ago, perioecus said:

This website is worse than twitter.

Thank you. It is nice to have all our hard  work appreciated. As usual it is left to a few of us to do all the heavy lifting around here. 

‘Never before have so many, been offended by so few’ 

• Like 6

It’s possible that Trump doesn’t actually know what climate change is

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFBopY01GRYQd0JG0YCW3

See if you can spot the problem in comments President Trump made about climate change during a conversation with reporters on Tuesday, after The Washington Post’s Philip Rucker asked whether he was thinking about climate change.

“I think about it all the time, Phil. And, honestly, climate change is very important to me,” Trump replied. “And, you know, I’ve done many environmental impact statements over my life, and I believe very strongly in very, very crystal clear, clean water and clean air. That’s a big part of climate change.”

57 minutes ago, astro said:

It’s possible that Trump doesn’t actually know what climate change is

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFBopY01GRYQd0JG0YCW3

See if you can spot the problem in comments President Trump made about climate change during a conversation with reporters on Tuesday, after The Washington Post’s Philip Rucker asked whether he was thinking about climate change.

“I think about it all the time, Phil. And, honestly, climate change is very important to me,” Trump replied. “And, you know, I’ve done many environmental impact statements over my life, and I believe very strongly in very, very crystal clear, clean water and clean air. That’s a big part of climate change.”

Possible???

I'd say probable....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perioecus said:

You make it so clear how smug, self-satisfaction can be such a weighty burden to carry.

I don't think it burdens him too much. It is nice though, of you to care.

Your location however - is it hell or hell with a typo ?

• Downvote 1

Just now, perioecus said:

It's wherever you come to mark the territory of your betters.

Stanchion ?

• Downvote 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:35 AM, Bruce Hudson said:

Dunno about EU economy. I flew Ryan only once - never again.

Just now, Upp3 said:

Same here for Tiger - but i haven't even flown tiger to say never again

I've reserved that title for ShitStar

image.png.0cc947f60fd34cc22e8af6d2f8441f04.png

Jetstar is way better than Ryan Air, BUT whilst Ryan air is run by a pack of cunts who would ripoff their own grandparents, however the they are punctual which I have heard is the total opposite to Jetstar.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:35 AM, Bruce Hudson said:

Dunno about EU economy. I flew Ryan only once - never again.

Of all of the cheap airlines here, I find Ryan Air to be the best of the worst in my experience.  Now EasyJet, or as I like to refer to them, SleazyJet is a whole new level of hell.  I'll pay the premium for a real airline like Lufthansa if the only cheap carrier going where I want to go is Easy Jet.

A few years ago I flew to Amsterdam with a small group of College age kids I knew.  Because they are young and didn't want to spend a lot of money we flew on EasyJet.  At least Amsterdam is one of the few big cities where the budget carriers fly in to the main airport and it's a pretty short flight from Berlin.  The night before we left to return to Berlin, we got a text msg from the airline that due to a strike at Berlin Schoenefeld in Berlin (Europe's worst big city airport, in my experience, it's a real shit hole), our flight was canceled.  Due to the fact it wasn't their fault, they offered to put us up a shitty hotel and said we could get a flight back 3 days later!  I understand the one day strike but waiting 3 days because EasyJet didn't want to add any extra flights to return stranded passengers in a timely fashion was bullshit.  So we took a 5 hour train ride back to Berlin the next day and paid out of pocket for it, not everyone in our group could wait 3 days.  That was the last straw for me with EasyJet.

Other than that it was a great trip, an old guy and 8 young people going to the 'coffee shops' was really cool.  "Look Jan, the kids are taking grandpa out to to get him high!"  Amsterdam is a real tolerant, 'anything goes as long as you don't hurt anyone' kind of city.  

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Of all of the cheap airlines here, I find Ryan Air to be the best of the worst in my experience.  Now EasyJet, or as I like to refer to them, SleazyJet is a whole new level of hell.  I'll pay the premium for a real airline like Lufthansa if the only cheap carrier going where I want to go is Easy Jet.

A few years ago I flew to Amsterdam with a small group of College age kids I knew.  Because they are young and didn't want to spend a lot of money we flew on EasyJet.  At least Amsterdam is one of the few big cities where the budget carriers fly in to the main airport and it's a pretty short flight from Berlin.  The night before we left to return to Berlin, we got a text msg from the airline that due to a strike at Berlin Schoenefeld in Berlin (Europe's worst big city airport, in my experience, it's a real shit hole), our flight was canceled.  Due to the fact it wasn't their fault, they offered to put us up a shitty hotel and said we could get a flight back 3 days later!  I understand the one day strike but waiting 3 days because EasyJet didn't want to add any extra flights to return stranded passengers in a timely fashion was bullshit.  So we took a 5 hour train ride back to Berlin the next day and paid out of pocket for it, not everyone in our group could wait 3 days.  That was the last straw for me with EasyJet.

Other than that it was a great trip, an old guy and 8 young people going to the 'coffee shops' was really cool.  "Look Jan, the kids are taking grandpa out to to get him high!"  Amsterdam is a real tolerant, 'anything goes as long as you don't hurt anyone' kind of city.  

Nice story.

Domestic flights in oz and EU are pretty different - but if you come to oz - stay the fuck away from tiger and jetstar. Virgin or the big Q are a better option

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Ed,

Do you need to get their parents permission to bring them across state lines in the EU?  How do they get their homework done? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ARumRunner said:

They were too busy making oatmeal to notice the squall coming

• Like 1

yes, and thank you for bringing the thread back on topic

where were we ?

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

That’s vegan oatmeal

hell ship

When Vegan pancakes are in the pan, shit WILL hit the fan

53 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

yes, and thank you for bringing the thread back on topic

where were we ?

Portugal.

Flag etiquette shit-show...

No main French tricolore drapeau flying off on the back of the boat.....into Lisbon.... and the Portuguese courtesy flag is on the incorrect port side, and/or no Q flag if required!?!

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.edbd9986fdbd8a57b7350b5c0134df4f.jpg

I know they were likely tired... it’s all about the standards.... though they did find the time to put their crew nationality flags up.

Priorities... people.

P R I O R I T I E S

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Be dessisieve, starte smalle......

He is necessarily starting small, it's not a matter of decision

7 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, perhaps not from Kiwis....

If you needed to separate them from the indigenous population, try a cold water hose and a prybar.

9 hours ago, perioecus said:

It's wherever you come to mark the territory of your betters, errant comma and all.

I thought it meant you lived on the opposite side of the world? I hope that is right and I hope my grammar is to your liking.

9 hours ago, Toecutter's Ghost said:

Believe it or not, Tiger is worse.

Totally agree. Death Star is a truly shithouse airline but they have a long way to go to match Tiger’s incompetence. I would rather sail to Melbourne with some attention whoreing vegans and an petulant child than fly on that shit show again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

Flag etiquette shit-show...

No main French tricolore drapeau flying off on the back of the boat.....into Lisbon.... and the Portuguese courtesy flag is on the incorrect port side, and/or no Q flag if required!?!

I noticed this stuff too. I forgave them for the Q flag because customs was waiting on the dock, thus no need to ask for clearance. I did like that the courtesy flags were in an appropriate order: visiting country, skipper, plurality of crew, then other.