RobbieB

Greta Rides Again?

1 hour ago, VWAP said:

fuck fuck fuck I only got 10 downvotes from little fly yesterday

I feel soooo inadequate 

you certainly deserved a down vote for the Gay Nude beach video? 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

He must be working with this poor sad sock. He obviously stays up all night searching for posts of mine to downvote. Got 20 overnight. Still a boom in the head will do that. 

You have a bright spark energy minister up north.....

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/game-changer-agl-s-big-battery-deal-set-to-help-rise-of-renewables-20200129-p53vs7.html

Based on his comment, he is certainly part of the looney left nut jobs....

"The climate-change deniers criticise renewable energy for not being available when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow," Queensland Energy Minister Anthony Lynham said on Wednesday.

So according to him, you have to be a climate change denier to point out that the wind and sun sometimes just don't happen...

Too many bananas up in QLD

31 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

You have a bright spark energy minister up north.....

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/game-changer-agl-s-big-battery-deal-set-to-help-rise-of-renewables-20200129-p53vs7.html

Based on his comment, he is certainly part of the looney left nut jobs....

"The climate-change deniers criticise renewable energy for not being available when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow," Queensland Energy Minister Anthony Lynham said on Wednesday.

So according to him, you have to be a climate change denier to point out that the wind and sun sometimes just don't happen...

Too many bananas up in QLD

Don’t blame me I didn’t vote for the cunts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

He must be working with this poor sad sock. He obviously stays up all night searching for posts of mine to downvote. Got 20 overnight. Still a boom in the head will do that. 

65499EA5-D663-42FB-8880-44B9E14542CA.jpeg

You might be his favorite target. He’ll get his timeout soon. You can’t stalk too long before they come along and spank you. 

Don’t ask how I know...

02E68FE0-1B20-4AB7-8B2E-F7C733C7C03B.jpeg

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

You might be his favorite target. He’ll get his timeout soon. You can’t stalk too long before they come along and spank you. 

Don’t ask how I know...

02E68FE0-1B20-4AB7-8B2E-F7C733C7C03B.jpeg

A gave him a few just for laughs. It was like poking a broom handle into a hornets nest. He even started doing it with another sock called NZ_PIL or something. Poor cunt has real issues, but fun nevertheless.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Bwahahahahaha I saw what you did sail4.

Fuck I love this place.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Awww diddums. Seems Nee Zee Pill has downvoted me now. I'm so heartbroken.

FKT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Awww diddums. Seems Nee Zee Pill has downvoted me now. I'm so heartbroken.

FKT

Yes Phil the Kiwi dill, Dead Cunt Firefly and Mrs Acheingpussy are on a down voting spree. Fuck he is a retard.

27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes Phil the Kiwi dill, Dead Cunt Firefly and Mrs Acheingpussy are on a down voting spree. Fuck he is a retard.

I feel honoured to be mentioned in the same post as the great LB

could be worse

i have just been reading the greta threads

we are lucky that "the dark night" ( mostly ) and esp "L B 15"  do not post in here

they are ( unbelievably ) far worse than small diddy

I try to stay out of the AC board. There is only about 10 of them that post -  all with numerous socks and they get very nasty and bent out of shape about a world they will never be a part off. That dickwit Kiwi loves it there. Really gets his rocks off.

Today is the first time I’ve gone to ACA in years. I struggle to see the appeal in AC unless you are into online gaming...

Good point about the “world they will never be apart of”. 

6 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I’m good at pissing in socks

as filtraitione sys?  to what ende?                                            :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I try to stay out of the AC board. There is only about 10 of them that post -  all with numerous socks and they get very nasty and bent out of shape about a world they will never be a part off. That dickwit Kiwi loves it there. Really gets his rocks off.

I don't even have air conditioning. I think AC is very bad for human health.

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

as filtraitione sys?  to what ende?                                            :)

I meant off- not on...

I did see a video Dragonfly’s down posted on his boyfriends tinder 

B149448F-D01F-4EF5-AC07-CE72E432AE39.jpeg

• Downvote 1

On 1/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, The Dark Knight said:

Isn't Bruce a US reject benefiting from NZ's soft immigration policy?

No, I was not born in the US.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:16 PM, Gissie said:

Would explain his know all attitude. :ph34r:

A stereotype would explain your judgments? What interests me is how keen Gissie is to figure out who is talking, rather than listening to the message. Intolerance must come very easy in any world like that.

Hmmm...

10 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

One good thing about visiting the ETNZ thread was finding this article about the aussie smoke there.

Some dumb fucks there... Probably was Bruce calling 111

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12298155

Yes, the Dark Knight is humping my leg.

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

If not for messenger attacks and related insults this thread would be 2 pages max.

No way, Bruce would do that by himself and his posts are all reasoned and knowledgeable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Hudson said:

No, I was not born of this world

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

42 minutes ago, Gissie said:

No way, Bruce would do that by himself and his posts are all reasoned and knowledgeable.

Bruce has posted on some other threads recently and been summarily and completely ignored.

1 hour ago, fastyacht said:

Bruce has posted on some other threads recently and been summarily and completely ignored.

That is so short sighted. Think of all the lectures and judgmental accusations people would miss out on.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

That is so short sighted. Think of all the lectures and judgmental accusations people would miss out on.

I think I've already had this decade's quota.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I think I've already had this decade's quota.

FKT

Same here, it was time to step aside and allow others to have benefit of his rapier wit and repartee. Plus you get an education at the same time.

47 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Same here, it was time to step aside and allow others to have benefit of his rapier wit and repartee. Plus you get an education at the same time.

I've said it before - I have a low boredom threshold and an even lower attention span. Bruce managed to crash the limits of both on his second post.

Speaking of trials, I'm trying to find an IP65 or better monitor with at least 1000 nits brightness rating. What a PITA. Seems to be lots of suppliers in China but dealing with them is worse than trying to get a concise and on point answer out of Bruce. I think I'm about to give up on it again.

FKT

10 hours ago, d'ranger said:

If not for messenger attacks and related insults this thread would be 2 pages max.

There. I have joined Dead Cunt fireboy, Mrs Acheingpussy and thecumofsomeyoungguy in liking your post.

• Like 2

Coronavirus, Flu And Climate Change: Is There A Connection?

No one will be surprised to hear that there is a worryingly wide range of problems associated with climate change. From extreme weather events to melting ice caps and the extinction of animal species - these have all been well-researched to fall somewhere in the range of ‘likely’ to ‘highly probable’. Perhaps not as obvious is the suddenly rise of the Corona virus and the flu, as a direct result of climate change. How does that even work? 

Coronavirus: Why are we catching more diseases from animals?

But the new virus - thought to have stemmed from wildlife - highlights our risk from animal-borne disease. This is likely to be more of a problem in future as climate change and globalisation alter the way animals and humans interact.

Welp, at least the heat is off the Aussie bush fires as the next twitter trending climate change disaster emerges.

• Like 1

Linking every problem to climate change is a bit silly. There is a good article in the latest Scientific America about reasonable uses for hydrogen. It is different than what Bruce proposes, I suspect the author did some research. There is not much to compare to the 20 million plus deaths from the flu many years ago. Imagine of that type of thing happened lately. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:37 AM, Toecutter's Ghost said:

Coronavirus, Flu And Climate Change: Is There A Connection?

Coronavirus: Why are we catching more diseases from animals?

Welp, at least the heat is off the Aussie bush fires as the next twitter trending climate change disaster emerges.

Guns Germs and Steel. Interesting when you look at the big picture with disease. Essentially *all* of the bad ones jumped. Animal Husbandry shaped our disease profile from early on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Hahaha, HAHAHAHA! ) (page 41 I think...)

image.thumb.png.be45e561a2867a91c14f73d0f0bff7bc.png

Yeah Phil the dill is still at it - I got another downvote from him. Oh woe is me.....

FKT

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Guns, Germs and Steel. Everyone should read that book.

The cool thing about it was how it opened me up to wanting to read more about everything--not making me feel like, "ok, this is the whole story." It was a page turner of consequence.

14 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah Phil the dill is still at it - I got another downvote from him. Oh woe is me.....

FKT

I gave him a few back as an experiment just to see if he is down voting the posts or the poster and he went into downvoting frenzy proving it's the poster that he is stalking. Interesting enough, he joined the site in September '13 and our mate Bruce joined in April '13. It could be just a coincidence, but I suspect Bruce and Phil are either one and the same or they're lovers. One would hope it's the former but the latter would not be a surprise at all.

18 minutes ago, Toecutter's Ghost said:

I gave him a few back as an experiment just to see if he is down voting the posts or the poster and he went into downvoting frenzy proving it's the poster that he is stalking. Interesting enough, he joined the site in September '13 and our mate Bruce joined in April '13. It could be just a coincidence, but I suspect Bruce and Phil are either one and the same or they're lovers. One would hope it's the former but the latter would not be a surprise at all.

Damned if I can be bothered looking for his posts so I can downvote them. No problems with the principle involved but frankly my care factor and attention span isn't up to the task.

He hasn't the guts to post here or in PA, the whiny snowflake, so fuck him and his downvotes.

FKT

Too bad there isn’t a “Don’t give a fuck” vote. 

He/they would get a shitload

4 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

there is , called ignoring , however since you continue to comment is is obvious that you do give a fuck ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mid said:

there is , called ignoring , however since you continue to comment is is obvious that you do give a fuck ;)

The "is is" thinge ist a holdovere frome Clintone Dayes, I thicke you our shooteng deere at nitte withe headelittes on.  Clearley illegalle proceediurre.  Sease and Desissistte. as per DEC Regs.                                    :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Or just a big

YAWN

Weather warning: Earth could be hit by MINI ICE-AGE as Sun ‘hibernates’

EARTH could be braced for a ‘mini ICE-AGE' as experts warn a solar minimum could last until the 2050s

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1237178/weather-warning-ice-age-earth-sun-hibernates-solar-minimum-long-range-forecast

The loony left are at it again

Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Jens Holm and Hakan Svenneling, members of Sweden’s Left Party, said the 17-year-old Thunberg “has worked hard to make politicians open their eyes to the climate crisis.”

https://nypost.com/2020/02/03/greta-thunberg-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize/

Sweden's Left Party was called "Communist Party of Sweden" from 1921 and then renamed in 1967 to "Left Party - the Communist" and finally its current name in 1990.

They may have dropped the word "Communist" from their name but they still are communists at heart. 

If creating division when preaching a worthy cause is a criteria for being nominated, then I nominate Donald Trump for his middle east peace plan.

Maybe they could share the award!!!!

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

The first full video was just posted 

The Atlantic at that time of year limits the only reason most of their followers watch. To see ‘Brows in her bikini. I predict they will lose some hits but gain many new ones from smelly tree hugging delusional lefty types. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:35 PM, blunted said:

Well what is an impact?

To expand on my analogy above, if Canada and Australia could go zero emissions tomorrow, it would be erased almost as fast. If Europe and the US joined in, we would simply be arresting the rise ofCO2 for perhaps 1-2 decades before the less than agreeable rest of the world ate those gains as well. So as Stewart Brand argued, then you climb into the morass of geo-engineering. If in fact CO2 keeps rising and if in fact global environmental changes come to pass sooner or later the more militant warmists must come to the conclusion the Geo-engineering is going to have to happen to save our collective skins, even if the unenlightened don't want to go there. There is an overwhelming logic that they must either start killing masses of people, (No doubt a talking point at the extinction rebellion knitting circle) , like billions of them (Carbon consumers) or start geo-engineering our way out of the problem regardless of who is on board or not. Then for the low cost of $1BN per year they can stop the planet warming, at huge moral risk. (Moral risk being that if you can stop the problem for that little money and effort, lets not even try to stop dumping CO2 in the air, lets just pay for the shade we need and consume whatever we feel like because the tab is low to pay annually).

Not precisely my point about XR, but one step short of it......

A co-founder of Extinction Rebellion has been filmed at an event calling for activists to “take down” civilization as part of the group’s disruptive fight for climate change.

LBC can reveal today, as part of Nick Ferrari’s campaign for police to have greater powers to clamp down on the group, that Simon Bramwell spoke publicly at a meeting hosted by Deep Green Resistance UK, calling for them to adopt more extreme tactics. (snip)

Mr Bramwell was filmed at the event saying: “Extinction Rebellion is the spirit of our age. It contains absolutely every dichotomy and absolutely every flaw and beauty that our present society encapsulates. It is white-supremacist, it is racist. It is also very very beautiful and there is incredible people doing incredible work within the organization. It is also deeply deeply patriarchal and people like Roger Hallam completely and utterly 100 percent exemplify that patriarchy” (snip)

“We are facing the hardest of times at the moment. Our civilization is displaying every sign of collapse and because we have become so separated from nature, as that collapse occurs that pent up animal in us is gonna be released in utter savagery.

And it is part of our duty in my opinion that we’ve also got to not only take down civilization but shepherd ourselves and incoming generations back into a state of wilding as it were, into like a feral consciousness that is also one of the biggest tasks remaining to us. (snip)

“We can’t convince people that they are going to maybe *have to see their child die* because we don’t simply have the machinery and technology to keep them alive any longer.

“So we have to offer them something else along as these trajectories of civil disobedience and direct sabotage of civilization…”

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

It's way past time for Grexit.

They gave it a go, but Germany bullied the Greeks into staying.

2 minutes ago, Gissie said:

They gave it a go, but Germany bullied the Greeks into staying.

The joke......................................................................................you.

Greece's problem isn't so much the EU as the Euro. And the problems of escaping the Euro are way greater than a mere exiting from the EU.

They never belonged in the Euro in the first place. All they are doing there is lowering the value of the Euro to help the German's with their export business.

5 hours ago, Left Shift said:

The joke......................................................................................you.

Shit, that's clever Little Leftie.

4 hours ago, Rambler said:

Greece's problem isn't so much the EU as the Euro. And the problems of escaping the Euro are way greater than a mere exiting from the EU.

They never belonged in the Euro in the first place. All they are doing there is lowering the value of the Euro to help the German's with their export business.

May be you could ask the Greeks what they want?

AFAIK they aren't interested in leaving. Unlike the US the EU is a voluntary union, countries are free to leave.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, The Dark Knight said:

Jens Holm and Hakan Svenneling, members of Sweden’s Left Party, said the 17-year-old Thunberg “has worked hard to make politicians open their eyes to the climate crisis.”

https://nypost.com/2020/02/03/greta-thunberg-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize/

Sweden's Left Party was called "Communist Party of Sweden" from 1921 and then renamed in 1967 to "Left Party - the Communist" and finally its current name in 1990.

They may have dropped the word "Communist" from their name but they still are communists at heart. 

Long before there were commies, there eere Neanderthal.

Screenshot_2020-02-06-10-08-06~2.png

And from research in caves it was found that Neanderthal man didn’t have fire to cook with and stay warm. The concept was lost to them. Beneath their belongings and leftovers in caves, there is evidence of long useage of fire for cooking and heat. To think that they went through the ice age with no fire and ate only uncooked meat and vegetables.

13 hours ago, Gissie said:

Shit, that's clever Little Leftie.

Aww...you peeked?  How else would you know?

I'm going to have to put some black tape over my camera.

55 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Aww...you peeked?  How else would you know?

I'm going to have to put some black tape over my camera.

You almost sound proud to be a pervert with the hidden camera.

Let me know if you would like me to wear looser shorts. Or are the shots you are getting of my hairy nutsack titillating enough to get your little dick all tumescent so you can rub on off?

6 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

And from research in caves it was found that Neanderthal man didn’t have fire to cook with and stay warm. The concept was lost to them. Beneath their belongings and leftovers in caves, there is evidence of long useage of fire for cooking and heat. To think that they went through the ice age with no fire and ate only uncooked meat and vegetables.

Hate to point this out, but that paragraph makes no sense at all.

"Didn't have fire to cook with and stay warm" in conjunction with "evidence of long useage of fire for cooking and heat."

Really???

FKT

15 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
7 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Hate to point this out, but that paragraph makes no sense at all.

"Didn't have fire to cook with and stay warm" in conjunction with "evidence of long useage of fire for cooking and heat."

Really???

FKT

I thick S4B ist pointteng oute that the neanerdahles anccestores hade and ussed fire effectievelley improove they lives.  The Neanerdahles werre notte so smartte, and orriginatted the "thinges werre bettere in the olde dayes" fraze do to losseng abilitey to creatte/controlle fire.  

:)

• Like 1

I think he's trying to say that they lost the ability they once had to use fire indicating, perhaps, that a long period of mild climate existed during this period prior to, or during, the Quaternary ice age. Captain Cook documented in his journals that some Polynesian societies he encountered among the many Islands he visited did not use fire (most other's did), so it is possibility.

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thick S4B ist pointteng oute that the neanerdahles anccestores hade and ussed fire effectievelley improove they lives.  The Neanerdahles werre notte so smartte, and orriginatted the "thinges werre bettere in the olde dayes" fraze do to losseng abilitey to creatte/controlle fire.  

:)

Yeah that alternative did occur to me, but it's still a really badly phrased paragraph.....

FKT

Snags has the gist

of what I was saying. 

The Neanderthal’s ancestors mastered fire and cooking/ heating in the same caves while the Neanderthals never knew about it and froze and ate room temperature food for thousands of years during the ice age.

9 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Snags has the gist

of what I was saying. 

The Neanderthal’s ancestors mastered fire and cooking/ heating in the same caves while the Neanderthals never knew about it and froze and ate room temperature food for thousands of years during the ice age.

You mean just like the bears and the deer and the other critters?  

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

You mean just like the bears and the deer and the other critters?  

Yeahe, I thicke thast howe we founde oute abote trickanossis........            :)

• Like 1

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

Yeahe, I thicke thast howe we founde abote trickanossis........            :)

So civilization does have some benefits?  I've been losing my confidence in that view.  Thanks.

• Like 1

hmmmm....  hesitant as I am to reenter this silliness, I thought some of you might be interested in what some of those science types actually get up to. You've probably seen recent news articles about the Thwaites glacier in Antarctica, including very cool film of the grounding line. It is an anomalously large contributor to sea level rise and there is some chance for it to catastrophically collapse. So the sciencey types think it important to study. Here is a link to a very well written overview of current projects to better understand Thwaites and the West Antarctic Ice Sheet in general:

https://eos.org/features/diagnosing-thwaites?utm_source=eos&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EosBuzz020720

• Like 1

Well written article. The water getting under the shelf is concerting.

Gawd, it's like an itch I can't stop scratching. 1400x-91.thumb.jpg.6d65abb51730d0daa966fd580db0278b.jpg1400x-1.thumb.jpg.0d0f15bc514bf4858b42ced0c6219196.jpg1400x-15.thumb.jpg.7ff1f418ea280f776c0325b3bd9fa246.jpg1400x-19.thumb.jpg.7665db8c47c786f93c38a9022de55f69.jpg

• Like 1

Imagine the one way wonders we could build with all those scrap wings! Perpetually on Starboard! Always right! Sounds like we should have a race. Think they can be fitted to a McGregor 26?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GauchoGreg said:

2000x-1.jpg

Just sayin'

But we can't handle dealing with "spent" uranium?

In 10,000 years they will still be no danger to anyone, and will still not be able to contaminate ground water.  The spent uranium, OTOH...  However, you are correct, this seems like a big waste.  

12 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

In 10,000 years they will still be no danger to anyone, and will still not be able to contaminate ground water.  The spent uranium, OTOH...  However, you are correct, this seems like a big waste.  

Managed correctly, recycled & re-used, the Uranium will not be a danger to anyone, either (and factually, the uranium waste will be there one way or the other, anyway, and the volume is less relevant than the management... and since we already are dealing with "spent" uranium, having more of it is not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GauchoGreg said:

Managed correctly, recycled & re-used, the Uranium will not be a danger to anyone, either (and factually, the uranium waste will be there one way or the other, anyway, and the volume is less relevant than the management... and since we already are dealing with "spent" uranium, having more of it is not that big of a deal.

Sure, but we aren't actually "dealing" with it yet, we are just storing it in the hope of one day recycling it, mostly because it is cheaper to dig more out of the ground than recycle the spent fuel, and because it is cheaper to kick the long-term storage can down the road as long as possible.  If there is somewhere in the world where it is actually being permanently "dealt with" I'd like to know.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Sure, but we aren't actually "dealing" with it yet, we are just storing it in the hope of one day recycling it, mostly because it is cheaper to dig more out of the ground than recycle the spent fuel, and because it is cheaper to kick the long-term storage can down the road as long as possible.  If there is somewhere in the world where it is actually being permanently "dealt with" I'd like to know.

Frankly, it remains irrelevant.  The total volume of the "waste" is miniuscule, relatively.  It is far less voluminous than the amount of earth extracted to source the uranium, infinitesimally smaller than the volume of coal extracted from the earth (and its tailings).  Permanent disposal of current and future uranium in even the most crude (inefficient) simple planting in the ground (glass-encapsulated and enclosed in lead coffins) after even singular use is not a challenge.  This is an entirely politically-manufactured "problem".  But thankfully, there are ways to re-use the "spent" (in quotes because it is isn't even close to 'spent') uranium, but again, the anti-nuke movement has tried to scuttle the industry by even putting up hurdles to reprocessing and reusing the fuel.  The anti-nuke movement is, frankly, despicable.

23 hours ago, blunted said:

Gawd, it's like an itch I can't stop scratching. 1400x-91.thumb.jpg.6d65abb51730d0daa966fd580db0278b.jpg1400x-1.thumb.jpg.0d0f15bc514bf4858b42ced0c6219196.jpg1400x-15.thumb.jpg.7ff1f418ea280f776c0325b3bd9fa246.jpg1400x-19.thumb.jpg.7665db8c47c786f93c38a9022de55f69.jpg

Wow, what’s the story behind these photos? (Put a foot of dirt over them and all’s good, out of sight out of mind?)

A new ground hog metropolis under construction....

yes, end of life blades chopped into three pieces so they fit a 53’ trailer then buried for all time. Like plastic boats they are tough to recycle. Some guys out west are trying to run them through a chipper and use the pellets as feedstock for other things with very limited success. The matrix / resin can be burned off to recover the fiber but that’s a bad look for the industry, epoxy and polyester are not renowned for their clean burning attributes and the fibre at best becomes chopped strand mat that likely costs three times as much to produce as new

as I understand it these babies were about 25-30 years old when they hit the end of their service life. 

lifecycle costing is a bitch for some forms of green energy

remember, this is kind of like every composite boat ever actually ends its days as well. None of us who sail plastic boats or drive plastic cars are holier than thou. 

• Like 2