basketcase

inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

10 hours ago, basketcase said:
11 hours ago, DtM said:

I don't think that they added the sugar scoops. And then the rutters never got put back in after the sugar scoop works.  Previous owner, Manbun, I think. 

i think that was well beyond manbun's skill set. this is a pox2 kinda thing

Definitely beyond. Manbun is the guy who "taught" them how to fix the deck by putting a piece of plywood underneath, smeared with a couple skimpy dabs of epoxy and a bead of caulk around the outside edge, and screwing it from above with self-tappers. Squeaky was pushing it up into place with her head while doofus was driving screw down thru the deck. The obvious did not occur, fortunately

I think they realized that they are not making any money on YouTube and have stated scouring the roadsides for cans and bottles, as a more productive use of their time

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Definitely beyond. Manbun is the guy who "taught" them how to fix the deck by putting a piece of plywood underneath, smeared with a couple skimpy dabs of epoxy and a bead of caulk around the outside edge, and screwing it from above with self-tappers. Squeaky was pushing it up into place with her head while doofus was driving screw down thru the deck. The obvious did not occur, fortunately

I think they realized that they are not making any money on YouTube and have stated scouring the roadsides for cans and bottles, as a more productive use of their time

FB- Doug

Im not so sure about that.  I thought it was another iroquois owner that did that. Manbun did cleats. Since im in quarantine,  i ll have a look.

totally not manbun. it was a different Iroquois owner, named Alex,  who did the awesome 'fiberglass' and tub 'n' tile caulk job on the 'starboard' bow. 

edited to add the vid

• Like 2

Bumpity Bump Bump:  What has happened to our intrepid stars?  Are they quarantined, has the boat sunk, did they explode by not having a head on board and holding it for weeks?  Inquiring minds need to know.

This is the latest that I could find.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Definitely beyond. Manbun is the guy who "taught" them how to fix the deck by putting a piece of plywood underneath, smeared with a couple skimpy dabs of epoxy and a bead of caulk around the outside edge, and screwing it from above with self-tappers. Squeaky was pushing it up into place with her head while doofus was driving screw down thru the deck. The obvious did not occur, fortunately.

Don’t forget the toilet wax leak fix. 
Personally I think they’ve been forced into indentured servitude. They can’t afford to leave their Patron’s dock. 

Forgot they are chained to their benefactors dock.  I'm sure the wax leak fix will work better the further south and the warmer it gets.

On 3/29/2020 at 12:54 AM, zenmasterfred said:

Forgot they are chained to their benefactors dock.  I'm sure the wax leak fix will work better the further south and the warmer it gets.

Maybe she is chained to their benefactor's basement radiator....

On 2/4/2020 at 6:47 AM, Defy said:

I think they should get sponsored by these guys.... 

3B331FF3-E697-4596-B7EC-BC7FEFEB824F.jpeg

The more and more if this thread I read the more this looks like an economical solution. The Flex Seal Family of Products has saved my own p.o.s. on one occasion, but at least mine actually had sails.

1 hour ago, Somebody Else said:

Wait...

Chained? Literally?

handcuffed with a ball gag? giggles to the radiator, not the boat to the dock.

21 minutes ago, jamesmalcolm said:

The more and more if this thread I read the more this looks like an economical solution. The Flex Seal Family of Products has saved my own p.o.s. on one occasion, but at least mine actually had sails.

It could also be used to make a homemade rubber.

To prevent them breeding ?

4 minutes ago, DtM said:

To prevent them breeding ?

the flex seal?

21 hours ago, basketcase said:

handcuffed with a ball gag? giggles to the radiator, not the boat to the dock.

Thank you for sharing your sexual fantasies with us.

Not!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Thank you for sharing your sexual fantasies with us.

Not!

coming from you, that hurts.

• Like 1

They are alive !!!!

One might even say BORING.  WTF, how about tilting the mighty kicker up?  At least they will just blow up on the beach, much safer than actually being somewhere with open water.  Good to know squeaky is good with numbers...Thanks Basketcase for keeping us in the thrilling loop.

Find myself checking out their little 21W foldable solar panel as a backup for my main panels, to keep the electronics going at least.

Yeah... not much compelling content.

That folding solar panel looked pretty sweet. I put it on my Amazon Wish List.

Yeah... not much compelling content.

That folding solar panel looked pretty sweet. I put it on my Amazon Wish List.

i kinda miss anacortes, had a pretty good time there a few years back. do me a small favour.... when this is all done and life is back to normal, pop in to the brown for a dark and stormy (or seven) for me.

I'm just a ferry ride away or 4 hours sailing.  Guess the BL is closed up, great burgers and generous cocktails.  I'll tip one in your honor if the devil don't get me first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

i kinda miss anacortes, had a pretty good time there a few years back. do me a small favour.... when this is all done and life is back to normal, pop in to the brown for a dark and stormy (or seven) for me.

I need no compelling to do that!

I am missing all the great places around town. Just today I was hungry for a Shrimp Louie at Secret Cove. Best Happy Hour grub!

And Dad's BBQ!  Heading out on the boat tomorrow, so far no restrictions that I know of or am paying attention to.

4 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

And Dad's BBQ!  Heading out on the boat tomorrow, so far no restrictions that I know of or am paying attention to.

Dad's trailer is up and smoking 3 days/week. If you call in a day ahead, they will slice up a pound of brisket for you instead of the normal pulled/chopped brisket. So worth it!

Damn this ep really trailed off. I don't know why I expected the content to be entertaining, but they'd done a decent job thus far. 

11 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

I had some of the best corned beef hash in my life at Dad's Diner.

• Like 1

Trailed off?  We are talking about PNW soul food.  Thanks for the Dad's tip, will definitely get there.  Circumnavigated Orcas Island with a stop at Roche Harbor and overnight at Sucia.  Had an amazing sail today wing and wing down Rosario Straits, through Peavine Pass and all the way home.  

IMG_E5822.jpeg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Zen, that's just cruel for those of us stuck with no sailing!

I've been off the boat since August 29th, when a family member had a near-fatal accident. Coronavirus isolation from sailing is a rounding error for me and at this point and I'll take vicarious sailing joy wherever I can get it. 

3 hours ago, IStream said:

I've been off the boat since August 29th, when a family member had a near-fatal accident. Coronavirus isolation from sailing is a rounding error for me and at this point and I'll take vicarious sailing joy wherever I can get it. 

hope all is working out and your family member is on the mend.

Thanks. With several strokes of insane luck, from the conditions of the impact itself to the incredible skill and care he had access to via the paramedics, surgeons, nurses, and physical therapists, he's back to about 95% functionality. 

• Like 2

a few years back, i had the privilege of working out in washington state..... great people out there. i spent a few weekends in Seattle, while working in Anacortes for four months, and 6 months in Sedro Wolley. fun, fun times. Sedro, despite its back water ways was heaps fun. i honestly miss it.

Buy weed eaters and chain saws from Wood's Logging in Sedro Wooley, always feel like I am in a scene from Deliverance.  The  loggers are great guys and it is very hard and dangerous work.  Had several near death experiences with my saws which are inherently unsafe pieces of power equipment.  I always say falling trees is like landing a boat, you are only as good as your last successful one.  Sorry to hear about your family health issues iStream, wishes for continuing improvement and the you are able to get on the water this spring or summer.

3 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

Buy weed eaters and chain saws from Wood's Logging in Sedro Wooley, always feel like I am in a scene from Deliverance.  The  loggers are great guys and it is very hard and dangerous work.  Had several near death experiences with my saws which are inherently unsafe pieces of power equipment.  I always say falling trees is like landing a boat, you are only as good as your last successful one.  Sorry to hear about your family health issues iStream, wishes for continuing improvement and the you are able to get on the water this spring or summer.

sedro was awesome..... no real restaurants, two pharmacies, one supermarket, a burger king, 3 traffic lights, and thirteen bars. man, we were kicked out of all of them except 'the boondocks'...... that was a great place. sedro was 'the big town for all the little towns in the area, like "Concrete" ..' what a name for a town.

Thanks, Fred and Basket, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Bump, bump, where or where are out intrepid voyagers?  Are they still chained to the dock in indentured servitude for the old dude, where they sucked out to sea by a howling offshore breeze, were they blown ashore by a howling onshore breeze?  Shelterers in place with inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

Now that they are semi-competantly cruising from one point to another, they really aren't as interesting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, qwerty57 said:

Now that they are semi-competantly cruising from one point to another, they really aren't as interesting.

I disagree, they're one fouled spark plug, cleat failure, chop over 2 feet, 30 knots sustained breeze, or countless other options away from spectacular disaster. You have to put in the work to enjoy the mayhem when it happens. And happen it will. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

I disagree, they're one fouled spark plug, cleat failure, chop over 2 inches, 3 knots sustained breeze, or countless other options away from spectacular disaster. You have to put in the work to enjoy the mayhem when it happens. And happen it will. 

fify

1 hour ago, zenmasterfred said:

nuth'n like instant gourmet grits.  isn't that an oxymoron?

i do believe they are, if not oxy, definitely some kind of morons

And the saga continues upon the raging waters of the ICW.  Harbour police, a munitions ship, the occasional sandbar...it is amazing they managed to survive to vlog the tale!

I need somebody with better erudition than me to properly describe this travelling duo.

Dear God how is this still going on?? These two could make 6 videos out of a trip to the grocery store. 

• Like 2

I kept wanting to quote Squeak's dumbest vocalization, but after a while I just gave up.

• Like 1

The check engine light comes on. "I hope this doesn't mean really bad things..."

Yeah, squeaky needs a full-on ball-gag.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

The check engine light comes on. "I hope this doesn't mean really bad things..."

Yeah, squeaky needs a full-on ball-gag.

Yeah, let's keep motoring on and hope we get there rather than tilt it up and take a look. This whole trip has so far been a stunning refusal to fail.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

better erudition

Seems the last few comments aren't rude. 

I like the ball gag comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Seems the last few comments aren't rude. 

I like the ball gag comment.

Stunning refusal to fail is really a testimony to that Mercury outboard.

Drives the leg through a mudbank.  Notes the mud.  Vlog's about the mud.  I'm 50/50 at this point if that poor outboard sucked up enough muck to truly clog the heads, or if they just forgot to top it off with oil.

Nevermind that the term 'shipping channel' actually might have some shipping.  In the channel.  I haven't looked at their channel comments, but I am sure it is an even bigger shitshow than they are.  Christ even their half arsed 'door/cabin thingy/OSB companionway hatch is warped to hell.

And Squeaky needs a ball gag.

Gee, could the engine possibly need OIL?  For fuck's sake, they have internet, google red light on, WTF does it mean?  I am sure the Police took a couple of looks and didn't want to step on board for fear of what they might find (or not find).  Wondering what their toilet facilities are or do they just not eliminate.  And we definitely need to see some tits!

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Any tits yet?

Don't check back! Nothing interesting seems to happen here...

6 hours ago, Liquid said:

Hey, thats not true.... they encountered some terrible waves this time. Waves... on the water... who would have thunk it?  Chance in a million. 

2 hours ago, basketcase said:

Hey, thats not true.... they encountered some terrible waves this time. Waves... on the water... who would have thunk it?  Chance in a million. 

Scary! Did water splash onto their deck!?

34 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Scary! Did water splash onto their deck!?

May have hit the underside of the bridge deck....

11 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Gee, could the engine possibly need OIL?  For fuck's sake, they have internet, google red light on, WTF does it mean? 

I had a girlfriend who drove her very nice Volvo into the ground. I don't think she ever had a standard service or oil change but instead would just drive along until something catastrophic happened, then tell "her mechanic" that she didn't want to get ripped off, just fix it for as cheap as possible.

During the last year of operation, the Volvo was going through oil in a rate measured by MPQ. It's like MPG... She would drive along doing her shopping and restaurant circuit, leaving behind environmental disasters wherever she parked, until the Oil Pressure light came on at which point, when it was convenient, maybe after a dozen miles or so, she would add a few quarts from her gallon of Walmart-brand oil in the back. I was a passenger once when such an episode occurred.

The oil pressure idiot light came on and I said, "Whoa! You need to stop the car!" Her reply, "Oh... it comes on all the time. I just add some oil and it goes away for a few days." Me: "But you have to stop NOW. This is ruining your engine." Her: "Oh come on! It's still running..." Me: "Look, 8-year-old luxury cars don't leave pools of oil everywhere they go. Your car is dying and every minute you drive with that oil light on takes a year out of your engine's life."   and so on back and forth until it was convenient for her to pull over and do her oil routine.

A month later I dared take another ride in her car. This time the lower end was making the death rattle of main and connector rod bearings. Her: "What's that noise? It's been doing it for a couple of days. It gets louder when I try to go faster." Me: "That's your engine getting ready to explode." Her: "My mechanic said the same thing. I swear, you guys are so dramatic when it comes to cars."

A few days later I got the text: "Car stopped working. What am I supposed to do?"

Not long afterward our relationship ended. I just can't fuck anything that fucking stupid. It's a shortcoming of mine.

• Like 7

I had a girlfriend who drove her very nice Volvo into the ground. I don't think she ever had a standard service or oil change but instead would just drive along until something catastrophic happened, then tell "her mechanic" that she didn't want to get ripped off, just fix it for as cheap as possible.

During the last year of operation, the Volvo was going through oil in a rate measured by MPQ. It's like MPG... She would drive along doing her shopping and restaurant circuit, leaving behind environmental disasters wherever she parked, until the Oil Pressure light came on at which point, when it was convenient, maybe after a dozen miles or so, she would add a few quarts from her gallon of Walmart-brand oil in the back. I was a passenger once when such an episode occurred.

The oil pressure idiot light came on and I said, "Whoa! You need to stop the car!" Her reply, "Oh... it comes on all the time. I just add some oil and it goes away for a few days." Me: "But you have to stop NOW. This is ruining your engine." Her: "Oh come on! It's still running..." Me: "Look, 8-year-old luxury cars don't leave pools of oil everywhere they go. Your car is dying and every minute you drive with that oil light on takes a year out of your engine's life."   and so on back and forth until it was convenient for her to pull over and do her oil routine.

A month later I dared take another ride in her car. This time the lower end was making the death rattle of main and connector rod bearings. Her: "What's that noise? It's been doing it for a couple of days. It gets louder when I try to go faster." Me: "That's your engine getting ready to explode." Her: "My mechanic said the same thing. I swear, you guys are so dramatic when it comes to cars."

A few days later I got the text: "Car stopped working. What am I supposed to do?"

Not long afterward our relationship ended. I just can't fuck anything that fucking stupid. It's a shortcoming of mine.

Gold.

12 hours ago, Liquid said:
14 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Any tits yet?

Not sure there are tits worth seeing, here

Both annoying and boring... annoring? ... at least, the first three minutes were, and I don't have the patience to watch/listen to more

There are insects with higher levels of intellect than these two. At least Gomer knows what is the ocean, and what isn't.

- DSK

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Both annoying and boring... annoring? ... at least, the first three minutes were, and I don't have the patience to watch/listen to more

There are insects with higher levels of intellect than these two. At least Gomer knows what is the ocean, and what isn't.

- DSK

even gomer is starting to think so.... a few of the vids have started with a shot of her, and him saying 'this is what i have to put up with, every day.....'

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fastyacht said:
8 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

(story reluctantly snipped in the name of brevity) A few days later I got the text: "Car stopped working. What am I supposed to do?"

Gold.

Gold indeed. Maybe platinum

Was he thinking how awful the children would be to deal with? I wouldn't have been, not at that age. But Mr. Somebody, in the name of All Mankind, we thank you!

- DSK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Gold indeed. Maybe platinum

Was he thinking how awful the children would be to deal with? I wouldn't have been, not at that age. But Mr. Somebody, in the name of All Mankind, we thank you!

- DSK

lol.gif.2fb09c7a10dbd765f9003815582f0b3e.gif lol.gif.2fb09c7a10dbd765f9003815582f0b3e.gif I was so blinded by that sweet little snatch that I never thought much past that. <shudder> But she would never have children -- way to self-centered to (a) be that inconvenienced and (b) wreck her figure.

14 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

lol.gif.2fb09c7a10dbd765f9003815582f0b3e.gif lol.gif.2fb09c7a10dbd765f9003815582f0b3e.gif I was so blinded by that sweet little snatch that I never thought much past that. <shudder> .

One of the very few advantages of getting older is, you stop thinking like that.

Eventually.

Or so I've been told.

I can say from experience that your brain learns to override your gonads most of the time WRT decision-making.

FKT

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

"ANNORING". What a wonderful creation. And truly appropriate. Who ever said this site wasn't edumacational?

• Like 1

There was a nipple shot in an earlier video. It was pink if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

There is nothing wrong with Squeaky NoTits that  some gorilla tape can't fix.

Fify

On 5/9/2020 at 3:54 AM, Somebody Else said:

I actually know someone who had a similar but not so catastrophic thing happen with a Lexus recently,  but that was a company car so it doesn't really count, right?

14 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

There is nothing wrong with Squeaky NoTits that  some duct tape around wrists and ankles and pockets full of rocks can't fix.

ftfy

"The motor had a bad day it needs a rest"  As if some healing process will cure their low oil pressure.

I'm always baffled by the low bar of intelligence/judgement of some humans that can still link survivable days together on a sailboat, when they have no idea how to sail... It generally never ends well!

These kooks aren't sailing but still.

Too long ago, a yacht broker told me a story of a nice 50ish Baltic sale he made.

Upon delivery, the owners asked him to teach them how to sail it...

At least they can make videos, pilot drone, edit videos and upload to Youtube. 

Rimas need a girlfriend who does all that computer stuff. He is even better and was able to do longer trips. 

26 minutes ago, troll99 said:

At least they can make videos, pilot drone, edit videos and upload to Youtube. 

Rimas need a girlfriend who does all that computer stuff. He is even better and was able to do longer trips. 

Personal Ad: "Adventurer-Poet with big geography desires lady Russian model or former model with computer/internet skills and drone. Must like fish and instant buttery Idahoan potatoes. Please send picture of drone"

- DSK

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Personal Ad: "Adventurer-Poet with big geography desires lady Russian model or former model with computer/internet skills and drone. Must like fish and instant buttery Idahoan potatoes. Please send picture of drone"

- DSK

i googled "russian instagram influencer" and I found

Model Kris Grikaite and Russian influencer-to-watch. Photo: Melodie Jeng/Getty Images

a potato digger (the digital communication will be done by paparazzi.)

Donald Trump has a look-alike — and she's a Spanish potato farmer ...

2 minutes ago, troll99 said:

i googled "russian instagram influencer" and I found

Model Kris Grikaite and Russian influencer-to-watch. Photo: Melodie Jeng/Getty Images

a potato digger 

Donald Trump has a look-alike — and she's a Spanish potato farmer ...

Hmm... Rimas is going to need a bigger boat!

- DSK

I cant watch the entire video...are they actually going to fix the thing up more, or are they just farting around?

9 hours ago, Liquid said:

I'm always baffled by the low bar of intelligence/judgement of some humans that can still link survivable days together on a sailboat, when they have no idea how to sail... It generally never ends well!

These kooks aren't sailing but still.

Too long ago, a yacht broker told me a story of a nice 50ish Baltic sale he made.

Upon delivery, the owners asked him to teach them how to sail it...

could you imagine them trying to sail this boat? seriously for a moment.... lets say it was in good shape, core in the deck with no leaks, a standing mast with sails and a boom, centre boards in their trunks that went up and down, an ok outboard and rutters. with in 20 minutes one of them would get faced by the boom and lost at sea in an accidental gybe. i say gybe because i just dont see them going up wind.

• Like 2

Coffee, meet keyboard.  Very funny.

eleven pages of this shit..... amazing.

56 minutes ago, basketcase said:

eleven pages of this shit..... amazing.

And it's all your fault! :)

3 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

And it's all your fault! :)

sorry. i never expected this, or they would get this far.

• Like 2