basketcase

inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

1 hour ago, Russell Brown said:

Squeaky, you turned a bunch of crabby mud-fighters into a civil, encouraging humans. The thanks should go to you!

Hehehehe!!! Aww, that's real sweet of you to say!! I'm really excited for all of the PLACES I GO!! THERE'S FUN TO BE DONE! Good things are in motion!!!(I feel it in my bones) I cant wait to meet a bunch of kind people and enjoy life to the fullest! Good gravy it doesn't get better than this! :) I hope everyone, at least once, feels the level of excitement I feel right now. It's indefinable♡

2 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Hahahahahaha I've never been in the ocean.. sailing.. I'm 100% going to throw up and share all of it lmao! Should be fun! Everyone should be able to make sammiches and get along. One thing... I talk all the time. I giggle... all the time.. I'll never shut up. Gonna have to get used to it!!! I HOPPED ON THE BUS A LOOOONG TIME AGO! I KNOW I'M IN FOR A WILD RIDE! I'll embrace everything headed my way with kindness and grace! Woohoo!!! 

"What I want from you, Mr Mate, is silence - and not a lot of that either!"

Curmudgeonly Captain's words...

FKT

5 hours ago, Squeaky said:

I cant wait to meet a bunch of kind people and enjoy life to the fullest! Good gravy it doesn't get better than this! :) 

Didde VL saye that in "SND" or "GWTW" ???  I cante remebbere.........                :)

9 hours ago, charisma94 said:

Wow. You sound like the fuckwit she just left.

Also, Cleaning the head could earn an officers rating. 

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

Also, Cleaning the head could earn an officers rating. 

you know when there is that one guy at a party who's sense of humor is just off?  Ends up trying to weasel into a conversation to narcissisticly tell another joke that doesn't fit the conversation. 

Sit back and look at yourself in the mirror. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dfw_sailor said:

you know when there is that one guy at a party who's sense of humor is just off? 

Crisco cantte helpe hisselfe.                                       :)

14 hours ago, Squeaky said:

I know I dont personally know you folks but I do wish all of you happiness and enjoyment!!! Means a lot to have help and support from this community!

Don't come to count on us for support, Squeaks. We're a fickle bunch and may turn on you the minute we smell weakness in the water.

Just kidding...

or am I?

I gotta admit though, that you've opened my eyes as to how quickly I formed an incorrect opinion of you based on the narrow and manipulated data Gomer put out there. You're making a lot of us smile and act all fatherly.

Wishing you happiness and adventure ahead!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Willin' said:

Don't come to count on us for support, Squeaks. We're a fickle bunch and may turn on you the minute we smell weakness in the water.

Just kidding...

or am I?

I gotta admit though, that you've opened my eyes as to how quickly I formed an incorrect opinion of you based on the narrow and manipulated data Gomer put out there. You're making a lot of us smile and act all fatherly.

I think we can all agree that she has horrible taste in men. 

40 minutes ago, Crusty said:
9 hours ago, Willin' said:

... I gotta admit though, that you've opened my eyes as to how quickly I formed an incorrect opinion of you based on the narrow and manipulated data Gomer put out there. You're making a lot of us smile and act all fatherly.

Let's hope that it's correct to say HAD horrible taste in men.

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

FB- Doug

HAD is correct. I know my RED FLAGS!!! At least now I do! Hahaha seriously the first time I ever saw Dude. I was running a local event called "shakedown on market street." (Basically a bunch of hippies get together and sell artwork! Lol) anyways. I tried to avoid him the whole day. He was an artist selling his things and honestly he was not prepared. No table. Nothing but his art. (At the time I felt bad for him and helped as much as a could even though I was single handed and running an event with 40+ vendors.. but I felt bad so I helped) that's where I got suckered in for the first time. But I looked at his photography and listened to his stories. Formed a friendship. Got my feelings hurt bad. Left!!! Lol HAD HORRIBLE TASTE IS CORRECT LMAO!

21 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

HAD is correct. I know my RED FLAGS!!! At least now I do! Hahaha seriously the first time I ever saw Dude. I was running a local event called "shakedown on market street." (Basically a bunch of hippies get together and sell artwork! Lol) anyways. I tried to avoid him the whole day. He was an artist selling his things and honestly he was not prepared. No table. Nothing but his art. (At the time I felt bad for him and helped as much as a could even though I was single handed and running an event with 40+ vendors.. but I felt bad so I helped) that's where I got suckered in for the first time. But I looked at his photography and listened to his stories. Formed a friendship. Got my feelings hurt bad. Left!!! Lol HAD HORRIBLE TASTE IS CORRECT LMAO!

Knowing the red flags is important, more so than ever nowadays with so many different ways of connecting with people. In one way, it's easy to be a whacko and fool another person when you can buff yourself up for it, seeing them on prepared/defined occasions like a date. OTOH rather few people are good actors for more than a couple hours at a time, or in unpredictable/unexpected situations.

I've been happily married for almost 30 years now but was also fairly happy as a long time batchelor (got married at ~40) and had a few hard rules about whom I would date or even more so striking up a relationship... since I've been a sailor all my life, a woman who was not willing to spend time going out on boats was never a serious prospect. OTOH I apparently gained a reputation (didn't realize till later) of picking up a crowd of waitresses after closing and bringing them on a midnight sail on one of the couple of big boats I owned in shares (with other single guys of course). Not being shy was really the only thing working, there.

Mrs Steam and I raced together for about a year before going on a "date" which was involved my other main hobby, loud music. I said something like "Do you like Emmy Lou Harris?" and she said "Yes," thinking (she explained much later) that she had at least heard of ELH.

I guess my point is that even the best of men are most often self-absorbed and kind of jerk-y. But you should never ever put up with a person deliberately hurting you (or another person, a waiter/waitress for example).

Your painting looks good.... subject matter is not my particular interest but you have a good eye for color and composition. There is a fellow who uses the ID 'Bull City' who is quite a good painter you may want to converse with.

FB- Doug

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

FB- Doug

Come on- hanging out with this group of degenerates? I’d say “has” is definitely the correct usage. 

Long awaited next video out today. Squeaky getting much love in the comments. 

I gotta ask. Squeaks, are those inane little comments like "Where the heck are we goin'? Ohhhhh." and "Here comes the barge, doo doo doo doo!"and spontaneous "Whoooo!"s really you or did Gomer tell you to do color commentary to keep things semi interesting?

6 hours ago, Willin' said:

I gotta ask. Squeaks, are those inane little comments like "Where the heck are we goin'? Ohhhhh." and "Here comes the barge, doo doo doo doo!"and spontaneous "Whoooo!"s really you or did Gomer tell you to do color commentary to keep things semi interesting?

Lol. I sometimes ramble. I spend a lot of time giggling. I entertain myself hahaah. I laugh so hard at some of the things I say while editing the 9to5 videos lol

On 9/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, SCANAS said:

Judging by way these crusty old blokes reacted to, & continue to obsess over, a 6/10 making French Toast in a bikini. I am not the least bit surprised by the ratio. 

That French toast chick would be in her 40's by now. Its the Billy Joel soundtrack that gets them going.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That French toast chick would be in her 40's by now. Its the Billy Joel soundtrack that gets them going.

And is either of those facts a bad thing?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Black Sox said:
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

And is either of those facts a bad thing?

No, they stande up harde to the teste of time.                          :)

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 6:36 PM, Crusty said:

That’s what landed her here!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

some funny squeaks in this one...... 

At 5:15 - 5:20 is the house ussed in Bigge Chille and Greate Santini.   

Mes favoris personnels.............                     :)

Not going to lie... Knowing that dude punched me and now hes making money off of it and also gaining sympathetic courage from unsuspecting kind pure individuals......it ticks me off. Lol. I cant believe I spent 4 years with someone who contintues to "beat a dead horse." Maybe I should have could have would have  .

If anyone on this thread knows how to get gomer to pretty please, with sugar on top, leave me and my VOICE, FACE, ENTITY,  off the 9to5lessCHANNEL. My god.... help me to do so♡. I would be grateful!! Take care♡

12 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

Not going to lie... Knowing that dude punched me and now hes making money off of it and also gaining sympathetic courage from unsuspecting kind pure individuals......it ticks me off. Lol. I cant believe I spent 4 years with someone who contintues to "beat a dead horse." Maybe I should have could have would have  .

If anyone on this thread knows how to get gomer to pretty please, with sugar on top, leave me and my VOICE, FACE, ENTITY,  off the 9to5lessCHANNEL. My god.... help me to do so♡. I would be grateful!! Take care♡

A polite letter from a lawyer will usually do the trick. Maybe Clean (a lawyer) will throw you a bone and write it for you. God knows you're livening up his site.

13 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

Real note.... ;)

On 9/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, Snaggletooth said:
On 9/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, Squeaky said:

Everything you just said was perfect. 

Plesae tacke Eds suggestione seriesley.                           :)

I stille thick you shoude lissen to Ed.                            :)

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

giveng up............                         :)

Shit fire... you wish! ;)

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

At this pointe. I cante!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

It hurts the most knowing hes getting away... lmao.

The world is small and karma is going to get him eventually.

Keep living your life and create positive memories to override the bad ones.

7 minutes ago, Squeaky said:
9 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

At this pointe. I cante!

No, Ime am....................                   :)

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

At 5:15 - 5:20 is the house ussed in Bigge Chille and Greate Santini.   

Mes favoris personnels.............                     :)

Snagathtoots thas's Lowcountries knowledgst, itth maketh me wander dooth you livs heren thee Carolinaths?

47 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

At this pointe. I cante!

17 minutes ago, CapnK said:

Snagathtoots thas's Lowcountries knowledgst, itth maketh me wander dooth you livs heren thee Carolinaths?

Often imitated but never duplicated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crusty said:

Often imitated but never duplicated. 

Agrid. Just in hoping he would unersthand. :D

• Like 1

Aw shit, you guys smoke cigarettes, and Camels no less? Yuck! That's repulsive!

On 10/8/2020 at 9:38 AM, Willin' said:

Aw shit, you guys smoke cigarettes, and Camels no less? Yuck! That's repulsive!

He smokes camels I would smoke American spirits. We both thought they were gross. Ya know. Lol but we were also both addicted. I quit smoking!! :)About a day after I broke up with Dude. Figured I'd go ahead and toss out all of the bad things in my life at once (lol make it easier on myself) I'm happy I did it!!! 

I do want to let yall know that I'll have a video up soon!!! Yahoo. Im pretty excited to share! Lol seems dude is posting on Sunday's. I'll shoot for Saturday's ;) Hope everyone is having an awesome day!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

He smokes camels I would smoke American spirits. We both thought they were gross. Ya know. Lol but we were also both addicted. I quit smoking!! :)About a day after I broke up with Dude. Figured I'd go ahead and toss out all of the bad things in my life at once (lol make it easier on myself) I'm happy I did it!!! 

I do want to let yall know that I'll have a video up soon!!! Yahoo. Im pretty excited to share! Lol seems dude is posting on Sunday's. I'll shoot for Saturday's ;) Hope everyone is having an awesome day!! 

congrats on quitting. it's tough but well worth it. gives you a much better playing field finding a new dude too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Yep good for you. I quit smoking 40+ years back, one of the best decisions I ever made.

Once your sense of smell comes back you won't believe just how bad smokers stink.

FKT

• Like 3

On 10/9/2020 at 5:48 PM, Squeaky said:

Pretty quiet on both fronts.....

48 minutes ago, basketcase said:

Pretty quiet on both fronts.....

I walkled awaye, an tolde herre so, do to lack of admissione of resulteng/recurreng issues.  Clinicalle helpe is needed heare, orthere then that, I try notte to waste peopels time.                          :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I walkled awaye, an tolde herre so, do to lack of admissione of resulteng/recurreng issues.  Clinicalle helpe is needed heare, orthere then that, I try notte to waste peopels time.                          :)

Hopefully I'm not wasting anyone's time here. :) I'm getting on a big ol' sail boat at the end of the month and Im so excited. (I'll share the journey) Y'all have no clue how long I've waited to go SAILING! Watching that sail go up for the first time is going to be epic!!. I've been ordering camera gear and painting my butt off to pay for it! Stuffs not cheap but ya gotta pay to play!!! I have my youtube account set up and ready to go! All that I have left to do is finish 2 paintings, upload a video, and then it's time for some FUN!!! :) crunch mode! Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Hopefully I'm not wasting anyone's time here. :) I'm getting on a big ol' sail boat at the end of the month and Im so excited. (I'll share the journey) Y'all have no clue how long I've waited to go SAILING! Watching that sail go up for the first time is going to be epic!!. I've been ordering camera gear and painting my butt off to pay for it! Stuffs not cheap but ya gotta pay to play!!! I have my youtube account set up and ready to go! All that I have left to do is finish 2 paintings, upload a video, and then it's time for some FUN!!! :) crunch mode! Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

You’ve never seen a sail go up?

Hell no!!! See why I'm so excited now?! This whole lifestyle is AMAZING AND I LOVE IT! yall are kinda stuck with me here. Enjoy the ride! ♡ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, onthebus2004 said:

did squeaky ever upload a youtube video?

shes waitteng foire a miracalle........... or at leaste a sine frome aboive.....             :)

Squeaky, we are all looking forward to your youtube channel.  Your attitude is refreshing.  I bet you'll score a decent number of followers.

I just watched gomer’s latest video. He’s basically asking her to sue him. Other than blurring her face, he shows a complete disregard for her wishes. What a douche. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crusty said:

I just watched gomer’s latest video. He’s basically asking her to sue him. Other than blurring her face, he shows a complete disregard for her wishes. What a douche. 

the comment section is pretty funny. bunch of fuckwits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

the comment section is pretty funny. bunch of fuckwits.

3 hours ago, onthebus2004 said:

did squeaky ever upload a youtube video?

Hey folks!!! :) I havent uploaded anything yet.  I have the channel set up I just dont have any new videos. Just an old rap video I made for a friend I was going to share my side of the 925 adeventures but decided against it because I want nothing to do with the channel at all. Ever again. Lol. I want myself 100% removed and I want him to quit using me and my voice. I have asked him plenty of times to stop. It sucks. This last video was sad to watch. The comments are funny. If everyone knew what the hell he did. Good gravy. Smh. I dont understand why he wont edit me out!. 

So. I've been spending time with my family. Finishing custom paintings!!! (It feels so great to paint again! I'm super busy) Gathering equipment for the trip, and filming it. It's pretty silly but entertaining!!!! I figured I could keep supplying giggles :) I'll start the videos when I feel the time is right. Thought about a live feed at some point. Might be funny! I'll give everyone time to simmer down. some of those comments are ridiculous lmao!! Hope everyone is having a lovely day!!!

• Like 5

Sort of not sure why he hasn't dropped you out.  He has nothing and no content.

Makes my life look pretty damn adventurous.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, proOC said:

Sort of not sure why he hasn't dropped you out.  He has nothing and no content.

Makes my life look pretty damn adventurous.  

Well they did go to Food Lion... 

4 minutes ago, Crusty said:

problem is it was the two of them. with out squeeks there is nothing..... just a sad lonely man who Darwin is waiting for.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, basketcase said:
33 minutes ago, Crusty said:

problem is it was the two of them. with out squeeks there is nothing..... just a sad lonely man who Darwin is waiting for.

Daewin ist notte the huntere licke fate, and peopel do notte normalley courte hisse awarde.  Darwinian Ironey occurres when desirre, carelessnesse, and somtimes karma alle coullide.                       :)

30 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Daewin ist notte the huntere licke fate, and peopel do notte normalley courte hisse awarde.  Darwinian Ironey occurres when desirre, carelessnesse, and somtimes karma alle coullide.                       :)

He has those 3 things coming in spades.

I just think an apology would set a lot of things straight. It won't change what happened but it would be nice to have an "I'm sorry". Dude doesnt apologize though. Hes always right lol. 

I am glad that he introduced me to filming and a different style of ART!!! Other than that, he sucks, treated me poorly and, I was used lol. He is definately no longer a friend of mine. 

Gosh I cant wait to share my videos!! They're silly :)

• Like 1

This place used to organize website lynchings. This outfit would go over and add comments and take it over.

Has this place gone soft?

• Like 3

SA has gone way past PC and it's heading towards total pussyfication.

Fortunately a meteorite will finish this agony in November, or so I heard.

• Like 2

How old were you when you first started posting?

20 years will soften up almost anything

• Like 3

That softens  more than years.

I was 32, btw...

10 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

I was 32, btw...

The marriage didn't soften me much.  The kid turned me into a marshmellow.  I just turned down a loaded client with a complicated case without much risk that would have brought in 50k or so.  My reason?  Too much drama. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

This place used to organize website lynchings. This outfit would go over and add comments and take it over.

Has this place gone soft?

i remember those days, and, in all my years here,  if any one has deserved a field trip its gomer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:
1 hour ago, chuso007 said:

The marriage didn't soften me much.  The kid turned me into a marshmellow.  I just turned down a loaded client with a complicated case without much risk that would have brought in 50k or so.  My reason?  Too much drama. lol

With age comes wisdom. Most clients bring trouble. You have to make a judgement call in advance, the trouble/cash ratio.

And to answer the question of the week..... yes

This place has definitely gone soft. Or perhaps it's just gotten kinder and gentler. How long has it been since we imposed the traditional Newbie's Greeting? Or even called somebody an ass-carrot?

FB- Doug

• Like 1

Who WANTS to be mad all the time?   It's just not healthy.

I'm so sick of folks getting wrapped around the axle over Every Fucking Thing.

Somebody wants to camp out on the remains of a 50 year old boat?   Fine.

• Like 2

While @Squeakywill never be able to "put it all behind", as the whole adventure is now part of her history, she sure can move forward.

I for one hope there is a boat involved.  Not rapping and living in a van.  That sound dull to me, but if that works for you Squeaky, have at it!

I look forward to your video adventures!  I do hope you will share them here.

Time to put that dud of a guy on ignore.  Stop looking at his videos, full stop.

I'm super happy moving forward and im glad I got away when I did!!! I've had plenty of time to think about how bad it could have been for me. So, I'm grateful for that and all that I've learned. How long has SA been around? What's a little background history for the site?!?! 

13 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Now I am concerned... lol ??? WTF?

19 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

This place has definitely gone soft.

Well yeah.  I'm willing to bet the age demographic here leans toward the Viagra generation.

11 hours ago, Squeaky said:

I'm super happy moving forward and im glad I got away when I did!!! I've had plenty of time to think about how bad it could have been for me. So, I'm grateful for that and all that I've learned. How long has SA been around? What's a little background history for the site?!?! 

Oh boy.

This place has a rich history, but it's also intertwined with the sport of sailing. I started checking in to read news, regatta (race) results, and occasionally scan the discussion forums here back in 2003~4, somewhere in there. Didn't actually sign up for a few years after that. Due to the large number of participants from all over, with all kinds of experience, this place is a tremendous resource of knowledge. 

How many SA'ers have sailed around the world? I dunno, I personally have not, probably in the thousands. America's Cup, yep some guys here have done that. Back in the day, Mr Clean posted live video of big events like the M24 start at Key West where his chartered motorboat skipper was on camera saying things like "Ya'll are fuckin' crazy." So the entertainment value is pretty high, too

FB- Doug

On 10/20/2020 at 2:20 PM, Windward said:

While @Squeakywill never be able to "put it all behind", as the whole adventure is now part of her history, she sure can move forward.

I for one hope there is a boat involved.  Not rapping and living in a van.  That sound dull to me, but if that works for you Squeaky, have at it!

I look forward to your video adventures!  I do hope you will share them here.

Time to put that dud of a guy on ignore.  Stop looking at his videos, full stop.

I'm hopping back on a boat in 2 weeks!!! This one actually works! Has a sail and everything!!!!! Haha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Oh boy.

This place has a rich history, but it's also intertwined with the sport of sailing. I started checking in to read news, regatta (race) results, and occasionally scan the discussion forums here back in 2003~4, somewhere in there. Didn't actually sign up for a few years after that. Due to the large number of participants from all over, with all kinds of experience, this place is a tremendous resource of knowledge. 

How many SA'ers have sailed around the world? I dunno, I personally have not, probably in the thousands. America's Cup, yep some guys here have done that. Back in the day, Mr Clean posted live video of big events like the M24 start at Key West where his chartered motorboat skipper was on camera saying things like "Ya'll are fuckin' crazy." So the entertainment value is pretty high, too

FB- Doug

Wow!! SA has been around for a while then! It's a really neat community yall have here!! I'm really happy I stumbled across this thread (even though all yall picked on me!! ;) )  Theres a lot to boating that I still need to learn and I feel like I can learn a lot here! Im loving every second!!! I grew up on the water just never around boats. It's an amazing lifestyle. I'm hooked!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squeaky said:

Wow!! SA has been around for a while then! It's a really neat community yall have here!! I'm really happy I stumbled across this thread (even though all yall picked on me!! ;) )  Theres a lot to boating that I still need to learn and I feel like I can learn a lot here! Im loving every second!!! I grew up on the water just never around boats. It's an amazing lifestyle. I'm hooked!!! 

Oh honey, you haven't been picked on at all. Up until recently, the standard greeting for any newcomer was, "Fuck off and show us your tits." And there was a strict expectation of compliance too. 

• Like 1

but the jury is still out if this is for real or a very cunningly constructed sock, maybe after 15 announcements of video's we might see if it is Left, alpha, Bravo or whatever side of the forumshpere.... if for real, ok, if not, bloody well done, hats off.

• Like 2

I cant wait to start sharing footage. I've been filming some stuff!!!. It's really really goofy but when I get to the sailing part I'll be serious about it. I want to be able to teach people as I learn. It's so much fun being on the water. I'm kind of happy that it's a smaller community. I travel around to a bunch of music festivals and the boating world feels similar. I LOVE IT. I probably wont show any tit. There's already been one slip!! Lol

7 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

nice jobb slippeng it in theire.......                                   :)

Fnaar, fnaar.

12 hours ago, Albatros said:

but the jury is still out if this is for real or a very cunningly constructed sock, maybe after 15 announcements of video's we might see if it is Left, alpha, Bravo or whatever side of the forumshpere.... if for real, ok, if not, bloody well done, hats off.

At this point Squeaky needs to show some proof of life only she would know.  Does Gomer have a mushroom dick?  Did they buy peanut brittle at Stuckeys? etc. .   

• Like 1