basketcase

inexperienced couple buy a p.o.s. catamaran

Dren. You seem like an intelligent person. I'll let you make your own decisions. My only advice would be... follow your dreams! Learn as much as you can before doing anything. Maybe try sailing a small boat first and make sure it's right for you? Idk. Lol. But, in all seriousness safety first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dren said:

The cylinders themselves are fine, but it's all the rest of the system that will leak. The system needs good ventilation to stop the gas building up. I might even tow a barge for the hydrogen, I am not worried about speed and it's good to have a decent lifeboat.

Have you ever towed even a dinghy in a seaway?

Curious minds would like to know....

So far I'm undecided on whether you're just another troll or another starry eyed fantasist with no practical experience.

FKT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dren said:

The cylinders themselves are fine, but it's all the rest of the system that will leak. The system needs good ventilation to stop the gas building up. I might even tow a barge for the hydrogen, I am not worried about speed and it's good to have a decent lifeboat.

So far I'm undecided on whether you're just another troll or another starry eyed fantasist with no practical experience.

FKT

23 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

I have no practical experience, which is why I am here for constructive critism and support. I have my own design company and I can handle the engineering, I need to learn the sailing. I have started my own thread rather than clutter up someone elses.

2 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Dren. You seem like an intelligent person. I'll let you make your own decisions. My only advice would be... follow your dreams! Learn as much as you can before doing anything. Maybe try sailing a small boat first and make sure it's right for you? Idk. Lol. But, in all seriousness safety first. 

Thank you Squeaks I am committed to do this and don't worry I am not going to do anything too dangerous. OK, compressed hydrogen is 'possibly' dangerous but I am licenced to handle it and I will use it safely.

I am very aware that I need to learn and practice handling the boat, I will only head off when confident I know what I'm doing... that could take a while! I have time I still need to sell my house and buy the boat. I have already done some sailing on a smaller boat, pretty much every time I was seasick! I hope I get used to the sea and that passes, we will find out :O I make a video everyday and I am going to post up everything, maybe I am going to throw up everything too?

Your channel was one of things than made my mind up to go for it. This is fun and exciting and if I am not enjoying it I can easily just return to normal society. 'What's the worst that can happen?". I hope that you follow my progress on my channel and, as I said in my first post, you are always very welcome to come for a cruise. 

5 hours ago, Dren said:

I have no practical experience, which is why I am here for constructive critism and support. I have my own design company and I can handle the engineering, I need to learn the sailing. I have started my own thread rather than clutter up someone elses.

FKT is politely telling you that your idea of towing your hydrogen supply behind your boat is probably destined to unmitigated failure and doom.

I think that most people here would agree with that sentiment.

• Like 8

Mr. Hollis,

Please kindly refrain from your injections of reason into this thread. It has recently been revived from its moribund state and we're hopeful that it'll provide weeks or even months of entertainment.

Yours,

The Management

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, IStream said:

Mr. Hollis,

Please kindly refrain from your injections of reason into this thread. It has recently been revived from its moribund state and we're hopeful that it'll provide weeks or even months of entertainment.

Yours,

The Management

I thouht allote of the fun wase wacheng whille reallitey checkes our contestted and ignoired.                                 :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Hollis said:

I don't know how you are going to run 600 hp (400 kw) motors from the energy produced from a few solar panel mounted on a 12 metre catamaran.

This chart might help you to understand the problem. https://www.lgenergy.co.nz/solar-calculators/solar-system-output-calculator

Hello Terry,

thank you for taking the time to look that up for me, however, I have absolutely no problem with the engineering side of this project, it's the sailing side that I need to learn :D

I am a professional design consultant and I've run my own design company for many years... or rather I used to given the current situation :'( 

The boat is a sailing catamaran it doesn't used the engines in normal operation as you spoted the solar panels can't produce enough power for constant running. The excess energy from the panels produces hydrogen that's stored for later. A ball park figure is that the engines can run flat out for about 8 hours from the tanks, now that might take a week to replace, but that's not an issue for me. Do you understand the solution?

7 hours ago, Dren said:

Thank you Squeaks I am committed to do this and don't worry I am not going to do anything too dangerous. OK, compressed hydrogen is 'possibly' dangerous but I am licenced to handle it and I will use it safely.

Sure...

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

• Like 2

Horrifyingly enough, Dren is either a very dedicated troll who set up and started populating a facebook account years ago just to do this prank, or totally serious....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dren said:

Hello Terry,

thank you for taking the time to look that up for me, however, I have absolutely no problem with the engineering side of this project, it's the sailing side that I need to learn :D

I am a professional design consultant and I've run my own design company for many years... or rather I used to given the current situation :'( 

The boat is a sailing catamaran it doesn't used the engines in normal operation as you spoted the solar panels can't produce enough power for constant running. The excess energy from the panels produces hydrogen that's stored for later. A ball park figure is that the engines can run flat out for about 8 hours from the tanks, now that might take a week to replace, but that's not an issue for me. Do you understand the solution?

Sure.  It's all fun and engineering until somebody loses an eye.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dren said:

I have no practical experience, which is why I am here for constructive critism and support

Dren came here for that?  Obviously he has absolutely terrible judgement and no common sense.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, robtoujours said:

Sure...

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

Well yes there could be the odd 'hiccup'  

54 minutes ago, hdra said:

Horrifyingly enough, Dren is either a very dedicated troll who set up and started populating a facebook account years ago just to do this prank, or totally serious....

Spooky isn't it?

3 hours ago, Dren said:

Hello Terry,

Dren, you remind me of virtually every Civil engineer I ever associated with during my long career in wastewater treatment operation and construction. Your dismissive attitude is exactly why As Drawn is always a thinner set of plans than As Built.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Dren, you remind me of virtually every Civil engineer I ever associated with during my long career in wastewater treatment operation and construction. Your dismissive attitude is exactly why As Drawn is always a thinner set of plans than As Built.

Our you sayeng "In therrey it workes, in actiuallitey it dossentte"      ???                          :)

3 hours ago, Dren said:

I am a professional design consultant

would you care to be a bit more specific on that one ? these days just about anyone can call himself a "consultant"... it does not mean anything ... with all due respect for toilet ladies, but they call themselves "sanitary consultants" if they feel fancy about it ... capisce ?

there's a lot of "shooting for the moon"in what you propose, man, anyone onhere with a minimum of engineering savvy could come up with even better crackpot schemes, even your alter ego, wider galley, would give you a teaching.

so you come here for advise on the sailing part, as all the rest you have covered, in your imagination : easy peasy .... go sailing, fuggedabout that silly 100 odd days remaining, that's all for interwebs attention seeking, if you're really serious about it, which I sincerely doubt, go sailing first and then think about what you're gonna do.

2 minutes ago, Albatros said:
4 hours ago, Dren said:

I am a professional design consultant

would you care to be a bit more specific on that one ? these days just about anyone can call himself a "consultant"... it does not mean anything ... with all due respect for toilet ladies, but they call themselves "sanitary consultants" if they feel fancy about it ... capisce ?

there's a lot of "shooting for the moon"in what you propose, man, anyone onhere with a minimum of engineering savvy could come up with even better crackpot schemes, even your alter ego, wider galley, would give you a teaching.

so you come here for advise on the sailing part, as all the rest you have covered, in your imagination : easy peasy .... go sailing, fuggedabout that silly 100 odd days remaining, that's all for interwebs attention seeking, if you're really serious about it, which I sincerely doubt, go sailing first and then think about what you're gonna do.

Albey,

Adgreede!  Butte I thick I.S. saide it verrey niceley in poeste # 1708, ni moire 'I.o.R.', it skewes expectationes.

S.                                                         :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

I don't know how you are going to run 600 hp (400 kw) motors from the energy produced from a few solar panel mounted on a 12 metre catamaran.

This chart might help you to understand the problem. https://www.lgenergy.co.nz/solar-calculators/solar-system-output-calculator

Why on earth would you need 400kw motor(s) on a 12m catamaran?

Even twin 40kW motors would be massive overkill.

We've done the electric drive bit to death already in numerous threads. I haven't the patience or interest to go through it all over again. Now adding H2 compression and storage into the mix?

Assume you panel the entire surface area of the cat, what's your max energy capture? What's the conversion losses in first splitting water into H2 and O2 then capturing same, then compressing the H2, then burning it in either a fuel cell or IC engine to deliver power to a propellor?

All in a catamaran hull with weight and bulk constraints plus the minor needs for eating, drinking, sleeping and shitting.

Why does this smell badly of yet another perpetual motion device dreamed up by someone with no practical experience?

Spare me.

FKT

5 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
3 hours ago, Dren said:

Spooky isn't it??

Will you please fuck right out of Squeaky's thread? You cunt. 

Howe cane it be herres?  BC startted it and Sgueakes dossentte showe up untille page 12 ???

47 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Albey,

Adgreede!  Butte I thick I.S. saide it verrey niceley in poeste # 1708, ni moire 'I.o.R.', it skewes expectationes.

S.                                                         :)

ow shitsky, the management has decided ... having been member of managements for decades I can but oooobbbeeeeeyyyyy !!!!:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Howe cane it be herres?  BC startted it and Sgueakes dossentte showe up untille page 12 ???

i bow to a higher authority. since the subject of said thread showed up.... its kinda like having a celebrity at the picnic table at the end of the club dock, no?

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

Will you please fuck right out of Squeaky's thread? You cunt. 

True anarchy, at last

• Like 3

Hmmmmm, Dren and Sadhanna show up nearly simultaneously and pretty much hijack this thread.  Dren is sounding suspiciously like another Gomer sock! Didn't he hint at a new propulsion plan for the POS before most sensible people lost interest in his masturbatory fantasies?

1 hour ago, Willin' said:

Hmmmmm, Dren and Sadhanna show up nearly simultaneously and pretty much hijack this thread.  Dren is sounding suspiciously like another Gomer sock! Didn't he hint at a new propulsion plan for the POS before most sensible people lost interest in his masturbatory fantasies?

i think dern just has some bad timing, but if he is a sock for anyone it would be  that fat galley fuck from the bio boat thread.

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

The oune mackeng frech toaste?

no, the one threatening to....' Try to talk like that in front of me and I snap in your head with a golf club until there's no more marmalade. ' he's a nice guy.... hell of a melt down.

1 minute ago, basketcase said:
6 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

The oune mackeng frech toaste?

no, the one threatening to....' Try to talk like that in front of me and I snap in your head with a golf club until there's no more marmalade. ' he's a nice guy.... hell of a melt down.

OK, thackes.                                :)

This entire thread is working it's way into the SA thread hall of fame :D So many layers and celebrity guest appearances.  It's one of those threads where I think it's dead and done but I notice people keep posting more.  The cynic in me thinks what dead horse could they possibly still be beating but I eventually give in, read through it and become completely entertained.  I should know by now to never underestimate the SA forums...

28 minutes ago, basketcase said:

I've never heard or seen that seemingly incredibly entertaining train wreck.   Could someone provide a link or direct me to where I can see this?  Sounds fun and poetic!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willin' said:
8 hours ago, Dren said:

Hello Terry,

One of the projects I undertook for our small engineering company (as a service that was consistently demanded) was on-line verification of systems plans/prints. What a PITA! Nothing is ever built the way it's designed, as far as I can tell. And only the government can really afford to go back ond make sure that what was built is actually known and documented. One would think that in the post-CAD era, updated plans/prints would be easy and quick, but not so.

One of the comments I remember from a subcontractor: "The goddam thing works fine, what the fuck do you need the plans for?"

I can also comment, from working a lot with industrial gases... H2 is a mutherfucker. It will never do what you want it to do, including just sit there

FB- Doug

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psycho tiller said:

This entire thread is working it's way into the SA thread hall of fame :D So many layers and celebrity guest appearances.  It's one of those threads where I think it's dead and done but I notice people keep posting more.  The cynic in me thinks what dead horse could they possibly still be beating but I eventually give in, read through it and become completely entertained.  I should know by now to never underestimate the SA forums...

I've never heard or seen that seemingly incredibly entertaining train wreck.   Could someone provide a link or direct me to where I can see this?  Sounds fun and poetic!

its one of the more epic train wrecks that ive seen in the last few years here. this newbie starts up a thread with the bad idea of building a biomaterial boat, with no money or experience. after several copy/paste posts from bing, he starts to melt down over his lack of support. his story even started out on the mythical front page....... 

• Like 1

Excellent! Thank you!  Looks like I have the next couple hours of covid lockdown entertainment all planned out. Not sure how I missed that one.  Also going to check out this "front page" you speak of, sounds like a crazy idea but it might just work.

9 minutes ago, basketcase said:

its one of the more epic train wrecks that ive seen in the last few years here. this newbie starts up a thread with the bad idea of building a biomaterial boat, with no money or experience. after several copy/paste posts from bing, he starts to melt down over his lack of support. his story even started out on the mythical front page....... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robtoujours said:

Sure...

FTFY. It's a catamaran...

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, IStream said:

What knockers!

Perhaps Hobot should save that for a page topper. I'm kinda gettin' wood. Well, it's only balsa, but it's wood!

6 hours ago, Albatros said:

I don't think that anyone likes their motivations, honesty, or abilities being questioned by a stranger, how would you feel? 

Before posting up things like this... I have talked about education on Day 066 and my career on Day 068 of Liberator Project. I am working with at least another 6 engineers that have different specialist knowledge. While I have very little knowledge about sailing I do have the engineering side covered. OK will it work perfectly first time? Well almost certainly not! However, this is something that myself and friends can work out and when (or IF) we get stuck I'll come back then and ask.  More likely I will ask these questions on 'Engineering Anarchy' forums. 

I have set up my own thread to talk about my project. If you have anything constructive to add, kindly post there, if not no one wants to hear these bitter comments. 

1 minute ago, Dren said:

I don't think that anyone likes their motivations, honesty, or abilities being questioned by a stranger, how would you feel? 

Before posting up things like this... I have talked about education on Day 066 and my career on Day 068 of Liberator Project. I am working with at least another 6 engineers that have different specialist knowledge. While I have very little knowledge about sailing I do have the engineering side covered. OK will it work perfectly first time? Well almost certainly not! However, this is something that myself and friends can work out and when (or IF) we get stuck I'll come back then and ask.  More likely I will ask these questions on 'Engineering Anarchy' forums. 

I have set up my own thread to talk about my project. If you have anything constructive to add, kindly post there, if not no one wants to hear these bitter comments. 

Mate.... thats what this place is about... bitter comments. Now, tell me... has anyone given you our traditional greeting? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basketcase said:

Mate.... thats what this place is about... bitter comments. Now, tell me... has anyone given you our traditional greeting? 

Hahahaha, sadly yes they already have. Being single,  the best I can manage is to shown my own tits next I go swimming will that count?

(If anyone cares to know why I am single or why I look the way I do, before laying into me. I have already talked openly about these things on my channel if you are interested.)

6 hours ago, Dren said:

Obliviousley a trolle............. up yer game manne!  We licke benig temptted, teasted, and tickelled into confrnteatione, vidicatione, and mabey excepttance.                :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Obliviousley a trolle............. up yer game manne!  We licke benig temptted, teasted, and tickelled into confrnteatione, vidicatione, and mabey excepttance.                :)

I might be the first one here to have noticed, but you sure do have a way with words Snaggs!   :)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dren said:

If you're so touchy-feely about that then one good advise : don't post it on a forum like this one ... or are you so arrogant to think that you can come here (or anywhere elso for that matter), throw your crackpot ideas on the table and expect everybody to fall on their knees and say halelujah to the new god ?

as for the consultant question : shall we make a count how many times you have mentioned it now ? having had decades of experience working with all sorts of "consultants" your insistence about it is plainly suspicious to me, and that has nothing to do with bitterness but all with experience.

ok, back to the squeaky show

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Albatros said:

agreed. if i wanted to hear about some fuckwit dragging hydrogen tanks around the world on a condomaran id go to that thread.

Dren,

As one consulting engineer to another, I will take it on face value that you know how to handle hydrogen gas safely - ON LAND. A sailboat in the ocean is a completely different environment - massive accelerations and decelerations due to the sea state, rolling, pitching, etc. Things coming loose and launching themselves at your hydrogen containers, or hoses,  valves, fittings etc. You may want to look again at that photo posted upthread (also on the front page of this august internet publication) of a catamaran floating upside down in the ocean.

Gasoline and Propane are considered dangerous on boats, and there are very specific protocols on the installation and use of systems using these fuels to render them "safe enough". Nonetheless, boats do explode or burn to the waterline when something goes wrong with these fuels. No way would I want hydrogen on my boat, or my neighbor's, or my neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's.

My advice: Learn to sail. Buy a boat with a conventional power system. Get experience with this boat in all conditions. Then, if you still think you can make hydrogen safe in this environment, have at it, but please post large warning signs on your boat so I can keep a safe distance.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

One of the projects I undertook for our small engineering company (as a service that was consistently demanded) was on-line verification of systems plans/prints. What a PITA! Nothing is ever built the way it's designed, as far as I can tell

One of my very first projects was in a shipyard building 4 "identical" Torpedo Range vessels for the Canadian gov. First boat the pipes were as per plans. 2nd boat was not. WTF? 

Pipefitters were not used to series built. They said "well the way it was drawn the first time was awkward so I made it better..." Then next set of pipefitters come along and no room for their pipes which were built to plans :)

• Like 7

On 11/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, Shu said:

Dren,

As one consulting engineer to another, I will take it on face value that you know how to handle hydrogen gas safely - ON LAND. A sailboat in the ocean is a completely different environment - massive accelerations and decelerations due to the sea state, rolling, pitching, etc. Things coming loose and launching themselves at your hydrogen containers, or hoses,  valves, fittings etc. You may want to look again at that photo posted upthread (also on the front page of this august internet publication) of a catamaran floating upside down in the ocean.

Gasoline and Propane are considered dangerous on boats, and there are very specific protocols on the installation and use of systems using these fuels to render them "safe enough". Nonetheless, boats do explode or burn to the waterline when something goes wrong with these fuels. No way would I want hydrogen on my boat, or my neighbor's, or my neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's.

My advice: Learn to sail. Buy a boat with a conventional power system. Get experience with this boat in all conditions. Then, if you still think you can make hydrogen safe in this environment, have at it, but please post large warning signs on your boat so I can keep a safe distance.

yeah, the thing would be a massive floating liability...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, Shu said:

Dren,

USA nuclear submarines make oxygen by separating water molecules into O and H. I once asked a retired sub commander what they did with the leftover hydrogen, thinking they converted it into some kind of energy form.  His response was that the expel it back into the sea as quickly as possible.  His remark: "That stuff's dangerous!" We were standing a few feet from a nuclear reactor at the time...

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, Albatros said:

If you're so touchy-feely about that then one good advise : don't post it on a forum like this one ... or are you so arrogant to think that you can come here (or anywhere elso for that matter), throw your crackpot ideas on the table and expect everybody to fall on their knees and say halelujah to the new god ?

as for the consultant question : shall we make a count how many times you have mentioned it now ? having had decades of experience working with all sorts of "consultants" your insistence about it is plainly suspicious to me, and that has nothing to do with bitterness but all with experience.

Sorry when did I say I expected everybody to fall on their knees and say halelujah to the new god? I only expect to be treated with common courtesy. I share my project on line for other peoples' entertainment, it costs you nothing so sit back and enjoy the show. I mentioned my career and my education simply because that was continuously brought into question. I do agree with you, let's get back to 9to5less  

Have you considered that there is not a marina in the world that s going to let you anywhere near them while towing an explosive barge?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DavidC59 said:

Have you considered that there is not a marina in the world that s going to let you anywhere near them while towing an explosive barge?

was wondering about that too, does maritime law allow him to even tow it at sea just like that ? dunno ... but at least if he puts up the "under tow"signs and proper signage that might give him here and there a bit of searoom B)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hawaiidart said:
On 11/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, Shu said:

....  Gasoline and Propane are considered dangerous on boats, and there are very specific protocols on the installation and use of systems using these fuels to render them "safe enough". Nonetheless, boats do explode or burn to the waterline when something goes wrong with these fuels. No way would I want hydrogen on my boat, or my neighbor's, or my neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's.

USA nuclear submarines make oxygen by separating water molecules into O and H. I once asked a retired sub commander what they did with the leftover hydrogen, thinking they converted it into some kind of energy form.  His response was that the expel it back into the sea as quickly as possible.  His remark: "That stuff's dangerous!" We were standing a few feet from a nuclear reactor at the time...

Well, it makes far more sense to get rid of the hydrogen as quickly & safely as possible; if they used it for power in any way, this would require more safety precautions plus specialized expensive equipment, in a submarine where cubic space is critical....  -and- they would never recoup as much energy as it took to separate out the hydrogen in the first place.

Gasoline and propane are far less dangerous fuels, and they have a mature technology and off-the-shelf consumer products to handle them. Roll-your-own with hydrogen is pursuing a chimera. Of course, that's what some people want to do.

FB- Doug

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dren said:

I only expect to be treated with common courtesy. I 

You're getting the courtesy that is most common around here. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Dex Sawash said:

You're getting the courtesy that is most common around here. 

Or better...

• Like 4

On 11/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, Albatros said:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dren said:

I only expect to be treated with common courtesy.

Just make sure to capture the hydrogen explosion on tape and get it uploaded. Thanks in advance.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Dren said:

Sorry when did I say I expected everybody to fall on their knees and say halelujah to the new god? I only expect to be treated with common courtesy. I share my project on line for other peoples' entertainment, it costs you nothing so sit back and enjoy the show. I mentioned my career and my education simply because that was continuously brought into question. I do agree with you, let's get back to 9to5less  

Hey!

Start your own thread instead of trying to hijack someone else's !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Seems like yall are having fun!!! :) It's fun to read the tread!! thanks! 

did ya get out sailing yet? any vids?

14 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Yep!! Lots a pretty sunsets!! I cant wait to paint!!! I'm trying to get footage of every sunrise and sunset. 

Then. I'll paint them. And give them away. Because gifts are kind when they are from the heart. It's the little things ya know. Remind someone why they are here. Lend a hand if you see someone in need. (Keep ya mind out the gu gutter boys) I like to share smiles and help folks when they are down. Some folks... not all. But yall are cool in my book and I hope yall think the same of me :). Peace and love from squeaks. Everyone's different. Gomer sucks tho. Total douchecanoe.

31 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

Then. I'll paint them. And give them away. Because gifts are kind when they are from the heart. It's the little things ya know. Remind someone why they are here. Lend a hand if you see someone in need. (Keep ya mind out the gu gutter boys) I like to share smiles and help folks when they are down. Some folks... not all. But yall are cool in my book and I hope yall think the same of me :). Peace and love from squeaks. Everyone's different. Gomer sucks tho. Total douchecanoe.

Have fun, squeaks. Lots of little bays and other places to watch sunrises & sunsets.

And if you go deep north or south in winter, you don't even have to get up early for the sunrise...

FKT

3 hours ago, Squeaky said:

Now you're getting the spirit, all right. Don't dwell on the negative. Just call the guy a f'n asscarrot and move on to the positive in life.

The night sky at sea is one of the most amazing and inspiring sights, but impossible to capture IMHO. When painting sunsets, try some radical colors.

FB- Doug

On 11/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, DavidC59 said:

Have you considered that there is NO ONE in the world that’s going to let you anywhere near them while towing an explosive barge?

Fify and I also corrected thats to that’s for you. We have to police ourselves around these threads, you know;)

On 11/12/2020 at 4:50 AM, Dren said:

OK, compressed hydrogen is 'possibly' dangerous but I am licenced to handle it and I will use it safely.

How is it licensed in the UK? Is that for manufacture, distribution or end use? I can’t imagine having a license would allow you to use in any dangerous manner..

...sorry for the thread drift, Squeaky!

Well, its been an interesting week and a bit around here. Lots of dumbfuckery going on. Im pretty happy to see that this thread is back to being the redonklus one again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, basketcase said:

Well, its been an interesting week and a bit around here. Lots of dumbfuckery going on. Im pretty happy to see that this thread is back to being the redonklus one again.

:) this is fun! I'm really happy to share the art that I create from all of the footage gathered. 

You guys are pretty cool and respectable. Thanks for being kind to me.  I'll have time to edit soon! Yall have fun. Keep smiling. 

• Like 1

"Douchecanoe"? That's a new one to me. I'm guessing a French-built, small double-ended planing monohull? Or is this another WLYDO project? What's it rate?

20 minutes ago, CapnK said:

"Douchecanoe"? That's a new one to me. I'm guessing a French-built, small double-ended planing monohull? Or is this another WLYDO project? What's it rate?

Ist an  expressione of affectione,  endearmentte,  kinda howe they caulle ache orthere "sweette littelle cabbiage"

Captilitteng the 'D' mackes a foemalle greetteng.   Exmpelle ussiage  belowe;

"Mes pensées ne sont que pour toi, ma petite douchecanoe."

I hoppe thisse helpes............               :)

15 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:
I hoppe thisse helpes............               :)

I believe it has, and created the following graphic to demonstrate my new, deeper understanding of the Squeaky lexicon. All credit due to your clear translationarial skills.

pepe.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Kinda of fun to actually be sailing, eh Squeky?  

Yrp!!! Love it!!! If I run fast enough I stay in place for a second. Hehehehe. If i jump at the right moment. I'm floating in time!!! Weee!! Also. Yes, learning the terminology for all parts and components. Lol. This