Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Is He Their President Or Ours?

Instead of watching Fox News, which manufactures heroic propaganda about President Donald Trump, Republican voters could learn much more from seeing a few hours of Russian television. It is on shows broadcast from Moscow and St. Petersburg where the truth about the Trump administration can be heard.

The message is emphatically not "Make America Great Again."

No, the Russian outlook articulated by Russian commentators — who faithfully reflect Kremlin policy — is that Trump's incompetence and incoherence greatly benefit the motherland by weakening its rival America. This mocking theme has aired consistently on the top Russian TV channels for years now and has only intensified as "their" president is threatened by impeachment and electoral defeat.

Indeed, the Kremlin's broadcasters deride Trump not only for his crude style and obvious ignorance but also for his pathetic sycophancy toward their boss, President Vladimir Putin. In August, the top Moscow news program, "60 Minutes," featured a video mashup with clips of Trump's speeches to depict him warbling a pop song as Putin played the piano. The meaning was clear, especially to the snickering studio audience: The American president sings and dances to the Russian president's tune.

But that disrespectful attitude toward Trump only strengthens their determination to protect and promote him, which is why the Russian media — and their friends in the United States, from far left to far right — so staunchly oppose impeachment.

"Have you lost your minds that you want to remove our Donald Ivanovych?" asked popular talk show host Vladimir Soloviev. Figures like Soloviev frequently apply that possessive (and protective) adjective to Trump, whom they discuss as if he were literally owned by a foreign state.

Complete article here: https://www.creators.com/read/joe-conason

• Like 1

What a great country we live in!!  NOT!!!

The rest of the article:

Of course, the Russians understand our system well and feel reasonably confident that even if the House votes to impeach Trump, he will survive a Senate trial. In the Daily Beast, Olga Skabeeva, host of that Russian "60 Minutes" show, is quoted making a confident prediction: "A Republican majority in the Senate won't allow the president whom we elected, wonderful Donald Trump, to be sent off. It's impossible. He has 90 percent support in the Republican Party."

In that same article, another prominent Russian media figure is even more candid. According to film producer Karen Shakhnazarov, who frequently appears on Russian TV: "They say Trump is making Russia great. That's basically accurate. The chaos brought by Trump into the American system of government is weakening the United States. America is getting weaker and now Russia is taking its place in the Middle East. Suddenly, Russia is starting to seriously penetrate Africa ... So when they say that Trump is weakening the United States — yes, he is. And that's why we love him ... The more problems they have, the better it is for us."

That is why the Kremlin has been exploiting a small army of useful idiots like Rudy Giuliani, Sen. Rand Paul, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone and Donald Trump Jr., among others, to promote conspiracy theories that exonerate Moscow and indict Ukraine in the 2016 election interference. It is why their tool Trump tried to blackmail the Ukrainian president into serving that scheme. It is why the Russians are so determined to defend Trump from impeachment or any other threat. And it is why they are so keen to discredit Joe Biden or any other Democrat who might be able to unseat him next year.

It is no accident, comrades — to quote the old Communist Party cliche — that the Washington lawyers who represent a Putin-connected oligarch are also spreading false stories about the Bidens and the supposed Democratic National Committee server in Ukraine. The entire right-wing apparatus is starting to look like a GRU intelligence operation.

So the Republicans who still imagine themselves as patriots ought to consider what John McCain would say today. He would probably tell them to get a grip — with an expletive thrown in for emphasis — and stop serving a foreign adversary.

To find out more about Joe Conason and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.

This is the first time I've read anything about what the Russians are hearing over there.  If you check the Daily Beast articles he refers to, there's a comment about how Assad, whose reign of terror was in serious peril until Trump stepped in, said about Trump, "He's the best president foe you can have."

You know damn well All The President's Lackeys are well aware of this, but they never took the job to do silly things like protect the country or the Constitution in the first place.

Just now, Jules said:

This is the first time I've read anything about what the Russians are hearing over there. 

And you can bet that 99.99% of America won't. Possibly the 2nd most insulated news feeds on earth.

Here's Putin playing piano while Trump sings.  Anyone fluent in Russian?

Senate Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Republican Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend Donald Trump against all enemies, real or imagined, and make up whatever kind of shit I can come up with to defend him; that I pledge absolute allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation for fear I might not get elected, without any mental stability or consideration to the rule of law; and that I will well and faithfully ignore the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me Trump.  Go Russia!

• Like 3

Trump is his own man.

He became POTUS solely to enrich himself.

Everything else is just collateral damage.

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Trump is his own man.

Nah, I think Putin owns him. How else do you explain that treasonous performance in Helsinki?

trump-putin-helsinki.jpg

• Like 1

So huge surprise - last night at 11pm Newsmax TV aired

America's Greatest Threat: Vladimir Putin

A 2018 documentary originally from the History Channel - I had seen it before but well worth watching again to truly get the feel of just how ruthless Putin is. The surprise? This channel is only slightly to the left of RT and normally runs fluff pieces on Trump and Melania when they don't have the RW talking head shows.  So, was this a major cockup or has the winds of change started?  Still has the insufferable Trumpy Bear commercial and the limited release of fake gold coins plated that are a must buy but hurry now. 

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Nah, I think Putin owns him. How else do you explain that treasonous performance in Helsinki?

trump-putin-helsinki.jpg

Yeah - fresh from a session in the headmaster's study or what?

trump-putin-helsinki.jpg

How often do you see Putin smile like that?

17 minutes ago, Jules said:

How often do you see Putin smile like that?

Every time the Preznit gives him a BJ?

Just now, Ishmael said:

Every time the Preznit gives him a BJ?

Or another country

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Or another country 

Well, Vlad did mention he wanted Turkey this Christmas...

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Here's Putin playing piano while Trump sings.  Anyone fluent in Russian?

WTF is that on this guys head?

image.png.282e9b5cf0b1bc4af5d2d648a87038e8.png

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Bird’s wing toupee? .........

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Russian Formula? A fiberglassed marmot?

Trump has to be in deep financial debt to Russian interests. He hasn't been able to borrow from a U.S. bank for years; Deutsche Bank has or wants to cut him loose; he hasn't released his tax returns; Jared K., also under financial pressure, is cozy with Russian bankers; who else could have The Donald by The Gonads?

3 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Trump has to be in deep financial debt to Russian interests. He hasn't been able to borrow from a U.S. bank for years; Deutsche Bank has or wants to cut him loose; he hasn't released his tax returns; Jared K., also under financial pressure, is cozy with Russian bankers; who else could have The Donald by The Gonads?

Gonads? Haven’t the Russians fully emasculated him? If they exist probably the size of frozen peas.

29 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
34 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Gonads? Haven’t the Russians fully emasculated him? If they exist probably the size of frozen peas.

There are all those lovely people in Saudi who have a curious amount of influence...

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Trump is his own man.

But he could could go too far, and that would affect his wealth, because he needs the system he is sucking on.  It’s a balancing act, although he’s still too avaricious to realize it, imho.

FWIW, estimates of combined Russian oligarch wealth is ~ 420 Billion, while the average oligarch wealth is around 11 Billion, which is what Trump likes to claim he’s worth.....

It must be nice to be Trump!

Just now, Amati said:

BTW, estimates of combined Russian oligarch wealth is ~ 420 Billion, while the average oligarch wealth is around 11 Billion, which is what Trump likes to claim he’s worth.....

It must be nice to be Trump!

It would be hell to be Trump. I don't know how anything with a soul could live in that shell.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It would be hell to be Trump. I don't know how anything with a soul could live in that shell.

I thought you were made of sterner stuff!  Trump has a soul?  

Really?  He’s a soul man? :lol:

38 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It doesn't

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It doesn't

That was kinda my point.

Pic above shows Putin smiling the smile of a man who has his mark firmly by the balls.

Trump has the look of a guy who's just been threatened with extinction, and then given a reprieve.

The most successful Russian intelligence operation ever, directed by the former KGB agent handler.

• Like 2

When it finally comes out just how Donnie got manipulated his face will never see the light of day again and hopefully that’s because he is surrounded by the walls of a super max.

He will be isolated from the rest of the population because every friggin psycho in there will want the notoriety of sticking a shank into the corpulent mother.

All of his enablers will quietly disappear muttering Donnie who?

A little thought regarding Putin and Trump's private meetings: I would bet my house that Putin has the recordings. He would have worn a wire and a tie-cam himself, just like the old days in East Germany.

27 minutes ago, Happy said:

He would have worn a wire and a tie-cam himself, just like the old days in East Germany.

And Donnie would have trusted his gut.

4 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

When it finally comes out just how Donnie got manipulated his face will never see the light of day again and hopefully that’s because he is surrounded by the walls of a super max.

He will be isolated from the rest of the population because every friggin psycho in there will want the notoriety of sticking a shank into the corpulent mother.

All of his enablers will quietly disappear muttering Donnie who?

I wish.  But before that could happen, there will be every attempt to save face for the office and country.  He will be offered a deal, such as Nixon.   Anyone with half a brain would accept the best deal they can get.  We will see how much of a brain Trump has when this time comes.

9 hours ago, Ishmael said:

There are all those lovely people in Saudi who have a curious amount of influence...

The nice people in Saudi who dismember people in their embassy?

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I wish.  But before that could happen, there will be every attempt to save face for the office and country.  He will be offered a deal, such as Nixon.   Anyone with half a brain would accept the best deal they can get.  We will see how much of a brain Trump has when this time comes.

Way less than 1/2 would be my guess.

36 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Way less than 1/2 would be my guess.

I'd say he has less than 10% functioning synapses. He's turning into even more of a babbling fool right before our eyes.