Sign in to follow this  
Mid

At least 2 injured in shooting at New Jersey high school football game

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

First of all, I've been on record here from the beginning as being a staunch pro-choice advocate.

But we are talking about the right to life.  The "right to life" was invoked here as a reason to get rid of all gunz.  I'm simply asking if that doesn't also translate to the right to the unborn child to have a right to that same chance at life as the relatively few children who are murdered with gunz each year.  In 2017, there were 3256 children who who died as a result of a gunshot (Murder AND self-murder).  In 2017 there were 862,300 abortions.  What about that latter category's "right to life"?  Do they not count too?

I meant to quote you, not vote you up or subsequently down.  

Bullshit argument Jeff, 

How many of the children that were killed by gunshot, had mothers that CHOSE for them to be killed.  

Get serious.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Me too.   I'm pro-choice, pro-2A and pro-capital punishment.  At least I'm consistent.

However, I would also say that those of you who are pro-choice yet anti-2A and anti-death penalty are also being extremely inconsistent.  

So, you're just waiting for RBG to conk and have another beer drinker on the court?  Roberts is the only thing resembling law anymore.  

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Not a BS argument, Cal.  If you are a true "RTL'er", the RTL trumps (pun intended) the right of the mother to choose.  Life is either sacrosanct or its not.  You can't cherry pick which one you like when its convienent for you.  

I have zero clue of what you are attempting to say.  Try it a different way.  

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

@Cal20sailor, BTW - how's your mom doing?

Might go home tomorrow, sister arrived taking the heat off me.  Thanks for asking and good luck with yours.  Happy Thanksgiving if you recognize it.

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

Huh???  What part of pro-choice did you miss?

I missed the cute RTL references.  

1. I think a woman has the right to choose up until a certain limit defined by law and despite the tragedy, it is her choice.  I agree with Roe v Wade.   

2. Children get shot purposely or by accident each year and that is not defined by law and is a tragedy that demands more effective controls on guns.  

Here you go Jeff, do yours the same way, 1&2 addressing each issue directly as I have.  Let's see where we differ directly.  Cool?  

57 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What I am interested in from you is an answer to my previous question about what rights could be taken away from you that would not materially affect your life.  You never really answered that, and I would still like to know your thoughts.  If you did answer it, I apologize if I missed it - I've been busy trying to sort out a move.

But assuming we had a fairly benign gov't that leaves you alone as long as you're not doing anything wrong - if you lost your right to privacy or the right to assemble to speak out against the gov't, or your right to due process, or your right to practice the religion of your choice - how would that materially affect you?  Would anything really change in your life day to day?  

I missed that question, it's fair, but give me a night to ponder.  

I will reserve the right to amend, but looking at your second sentence.  The right to free speech is the cornerstone of our democracy.  Even the idiots voting for Trump would support it.  

I can go through others, but please explain to me how the other rights you have enumerated compare to guns.  Why is that a right?  The SC got it wrong.  Please explain why we as a country have the most guns in circulation, the most guns per capita, the most gun crimes, etc...

You can't.  Maybe Kavanaugh  will get shot by an illegal gun while doing a keg stand at a party in Georgetown while groping a 15yo breast.  That's more likely than you convincing me that gun ownership is a good thing and that we shouldn't stick the 2A up the head of the NRA's ass.  

Edit:  Trump would be cool with all above if it was a Moooooslim that pulled the trigger.  Exta points if they were here illegally.  

A woman's right to choose what happens to her body is very important.

Well, except if she chooses to defend herself. That has to be fought on utterly ridiculous grounds all the way to the Supreme Court.

I'm glad the Supreme Court unanimously turned away the absurd argument advanced by the anti-choice crowd.

Congrats Jeff, you have managed to steer the topic from guns to abortion. No mean feat 

A natural pairing - both equally pointless discussion topics.