Sign in to follow this  
dylan winter

Bolton about to break cover - WSJ

My guess he got sick of the clown show and Donnie wouldn’t give him a war that he could enrich himself off, ironic then that he declares war on the cabinet.

Probably bolster sales of the upcoming book too.

Consider Bolton might also take some large caliber shots at Schiff and Pelosi. He could back up the claims that such quid pro quo is normal business no matter how much it benefits the players or how many people die. Neither Trumpists or Democrats winning, only Bolton winning, sounds like a possible strategy. No?

• Like 2

I think Bolton smells the stew and is going to align with Pence.  Look for that in today's hearing.

38 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Consider Bolton might also take some large caliber shots at Schiff and Pelosi. He could back up the claims that such quid pro quo is normal business no matter how much it benefits the players or how many people die. Neither Trumpists or Democrats winning, only Bolton winning, sounds like a possible strategy. No?

That assumes that Schiff and Pelosi have dealings with foreign governments to help their campaigns does it not?

1 hour ago, El Boracho said:

Possible, but he’s got a reputation as a tactician, he is 70, and retirement may be on his mind- might his vanity demand he become a beloved elder statesman to the country as a whole (while making a pile of dough on the book and speaking circuit)?  How much is left of his brand of ma$$ market conservative to preach to?  To sell to?  We may be seeing whether Rumsfeld/W/Cheney style hawks are about to follow liberal Republicans to a broader market, or be happy with a shrinking % of 40% of the country that doesn’t read books that much any more.  Just a thought.....he might be happy with his pensions, Social Security, and his patriotism, but mass market book selling these days has become a serious marketing game, given the economics of the web, and this might be his moment to break out, or retreat into relative obscurity.

• Like 2

Bolton is not/was never conservative. He is a door to door salesman of very expensive equipment, who pushed other people’s kids into the meat grinder so that his employers could sell more. I believe there is a name for people who will do anything for money. 

That is not to say that he cannot be a fact witness (as long as there is corroboration).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Amati said:

...might his vanity demand he become a beloved elder statesman to the country as a whole...

:lol:

The concept, even in Bolton's mind, is ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

That assumes that Schiff and Pelosi have dealings with foreign governments to help their campaigns does it not?

Yes.  or the DNC.

59 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bolton is not/was never conservative. He is a door to door salesman of very expensive equipment, who pushed other people’s kids into the meat grinder so that his employers could sell more. I believe there is a name for people who will do anything for money. 

Start around 1:15

it’s not Swalwell.......but......

Where are we as a country if people who used to be part of the current administration can write books about what is REALLY going on inside?? 

7 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Where are we as a country if people who used to be part of the current administration can write books about what is REALLY going on inside?? 

Dupes for bread and circuses?

And what do you mean "we"?

4 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:
5 hours ago, Amati said:

...might his vanity demand he become a beloved elder statesman to the country as a whole...

:lol:

The concept, even in Bolton's mind, is ludicrous. 

He's Walrus Of War

Ambassador-John-Bolton-NeoCon-Donald-Trump-HR-McMaster-Mad-Dog-Mattis-Geopolitics-VIVISXN-MEDIA-We-love-John-Bolton-Big-Bad-Walrus-Moustache.jpg

Although he probably sees himself more like this

CF98177C2B949BD46F2314053F3360894A7E670D

I think he's glad to have a political culture of anger and childish spite to feed his power base, he's always been overshadowed by smarter and more capable people with more charisma and better judgement. The fact that he was the best Trump could get is a sad judgement on both of them

- DSK

This is some scary shit - imagine if Trump gets toppled by Bolton and Pence gets installed - owing Bolton big time.

Armageddon anyone?

4 hours ago, Amati said:

Start around 1:15

it’s not Swalwell.......but......

That's awesome.  

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

This is some scary shit - imagine if Trump gets toppled by Bolton and Pence gets installed - owing Bolton big time.

Armageddon anyone?

Pence would be a placeholder until the elections. Unless a Repub can offer an reasonable alternative to whomever the Dems nominate, we will have a Dem majority House, Senate and Presidency.  As always when one party dominates, bad stuff will happen.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Bolton is ready to break cover and make  a run for the truth

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bolton-has-more-ukraine-information-his-lawyer-suggests-11573253742

spin him as a  libtard never Trumper  if you can fascist trolls

How is this story any different than what was reported a week ago? Bolton is playing a game.  There’s nothing to stop him from obeying a lawful subpoena or coming forth voluntarily.  I don’t trust his motives.  Best to move on without him.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

How is this story any different than what was reported a week ago? Bolton is playing a game.  There’s nothing to stop him from obeying a lawful subpoena or coming forth voluntarily.  I don’t trust his motives.  Best to move on without him.

He is dealing cards under the table.  I wouldn't trust him with my daughter or my ex-girlfriend.

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That is not to say that he cannot be a fact witness (as long as there is corroboration).

hatred makes strange bedfellows.  <_<

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

He's Walrus Of War

Ambassador-John-Bolton-NeoCon-Donald-Trump-HR-McMaster-Mad-Dog-Mattis-Geopolitics-VIVISXN-MEDIA-We-love-John-Bolton-Big-Bad-Walrus-Moustache.jpg

Although he probably sees himself more like this

CF98177C2B949BD46F2314053F3360894A7E670D

I think he's glad to have a political culture of anger and childish spite to feed his power base, he's always been overshadowed by smarter and more capable people with more charisma and better judgement. The fact that he was the best Trump could get is a sad judgement on both of them

- DSK

The ‘best’ Trump can get has a totally different meaning, judging by the folks lining up for the jobs.  Simple Limbaughian philosophy.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Armageddon anyone?

True: Perhaps that pair would be like gasoline and a match.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I don't know about getting toppled by Bolton but I 100% believe that Pence is now, and has always been, the backup plan.  I've never seen the logic that Pence was going to follow Trump down with the ship.  Williams started to lay the groundwork for his defense today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/impeachment-probe-turns-to-pence-adviser-who-heard-trumps-call-with-ukrainian-leader/2019/11/07/9fd51c7c-00dd-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

"Officials close to Pence said he wasn’t aware of the demands Trump made of Zelensky on the call even though Pence likely received a rough transcript of the conversation in his nightly briefing book. As Pence’s top adviser on Ukraine matters, Williams would have been responsible for ensuring that Pence knew what happened on the call."

6 hours ago, cmilliken said:

I don't know about getting toppled by Bolton but I 100% believe that Pence is now, and has always been, the backup plan.  I've never seen the logic that Pence was going to follow Trump down with the ship.  Williams started to lay the groundwork for his defense today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/impeachment-probe-turns-to-pence-adviser-who-heard-trumps-call-with-ukrainian-leader/2019/11/07/9fd51c7c-00dd-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

"Officials close to Pence said he wasn’t aware of the demands Trump made of Zelensky on the call even though Pence likely received a rough transcript of the conversation in his nightly briefing book. As Pence’s top adviser on Ukraine matters, Williams would have been responsible for ensuring that Pence knew what happened on the call."

Pence met with Zelensky on 1 Sept with Bolton and Perry.  Your side (the dumb one) seriously does not know the definition of transcript.  Transcript is not a euphemism for missing words or passages.  If Bolton chooses, he is going to fuck Trump in his big white ugly ass.  

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Pence met with Zelensky on 1 Sept with Bolton and Perry.  Your side (the dumb one) seriously does not know the definition of transcript. 

Given that I've already said I'm voting for Warren over Trump, I agree... my side is dumb.

What I see is an collection of facts that proves unequivocally that Trump is an undisciplined narcissistic opportunist who has not stopped campaigning for a single day and that Giuliani is his campaign manager.  What I also see is that the Republican establishment installed an escape hatch before Trump was ever nominated to accommodate the fact that he is an undisciplined narcissistic opportunist and that they're maneuvering to make sure that hatch remains free and unobstructed.  That hatch is named Mike Pence and he reports to God and Mother, not necessarily in that order.

I see that the impeachment 'inquiry' - remember, this is just the PREAMBLE - we've got a whole additional trial to go yet that a liberal Columbia Law professor described on NPR the other day as 'the narrowest accusation ever made in the history of impeachments".  And that this 'must see TV' is sucking all the air out of the room - including what WAS a growing momentum toward gun control legislation which is now done for AT LEAST two more years as well as any other issue of actual import to my life.  The can has been kicked.

I use to think that Benghazi was the most overblown pile of political bullshit I'd ever seen - and it was - but that mantle has been handed off in spades.  The only thing missing is for Vince McMahon to leap into the room and smash a congressman with a chair.

https://medium.com/@owillis/how-professional-wrestling-explains-american-politics-especially-donald-trump-5449df1db9de

1_HjYT5g_tb_YE0gqP-DUCNg.thumb.jpg.a14073805f9811460c1d4788061d6672.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cmilliken said:

In other words, Pence really is the clueless Godbothering dolt that he appears, who pays no attention to his either his briefings or what's going on around him.

It would be interesting if Pence is on record as saying, himself, he knew nothing about it. He's dodged numerous bullets so far and always won by playing dumb.

Of course, he's the lesser target. Sometimes, you don't have to run faster than the tiger, you only have to outrun the guy with you

FWIW I don't think Pence could win an honest election as President

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

In other words, Pence really is the clueless Godbothering dolt that he appears, who pays no attention to his either his briefings or what's going on around him.

It would be interesting if Pence is on record as saying, himself, he knew nothing about it. He's dodged numerous bullets so far and always won by playing dumb.

Of course, he's the lesser target. Sometimes, you don't have to run faster than the tiger, you only have to outrun the guy with you

- DSK

That's it, including not being able to win a fair election.  

Although I don't think he's clueless.   I think he stays at arms length because he's supposed to be arms length and because Trump hates him anyway.   So it works..for now.

6 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

That's it, including not being able to win a fair election.  

Although I don't think he's clueless.   I think he stays at arms length because he's supposed to be arms length and because Trump hates him anyway.   So it works..for now.

I've wondered, because if he's truly the Jeee-zuss obsessed dolt he appears to be, his success could only have come thru utter blind luck or because he's in fact favored by God (I suspect that God finds these types rather tedious, actually, but I certainly can't claim to know for sure). So the conclusion is that he's playing a part and may in fact be pretty smart.

The Republican Party has worked for decades to own the courts, and the election machinery, and as the all-new Trumpublicans they're on the threshold of success with this. If they prevail much further, all Pence has to do is sit at the top of the pile and accept allegiance.

- DSK

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Apparently he wasn't even going to win a Governor's post.

From the incumbents chair.

He’s baaaaack......

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

He’s baaaaack......

That's all well and good, but he could lead by example by sitting down in the hearing room, swearing an oath not to Doggy Style, and making national security a priority there.  Doing it on Twatter is just a way to spread his name (via hashtag) and sell more books. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sean said:

He’s baaaaack......

Reading between the lines...

His first public statement shows no outrage against this POTUS. Bolton has decided he dare not commit treason against FOX News. He knows the Dems will just use him and lose him. Probably right about that.