Editor

what is it?

R2AK unobtainite weapon with rowing station and oar mounts outboard...

The worlds lightest trimaran....oh, wait...

• Like 2

Looks like the main hull of F-32 SR, don't remember what it's called now, ex Jail Break

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AnotherSailor said:

So it is Taniwha, former Jail Break, which has done the R2A, but more interesting would be to hear about the ama mods

More like didn't do the R2AK, sailed the first 3 miles and ran home with tail between legs.

1 hour ago, beglass said:

More like didn't do the R2AK, sailed the first 3 miles and ran home with tail between legs.

How is life behind your keyboard? Any other insults to sling at Breymaier???

That orange hull with yellow deck is very eye catching - hard to forget! I wonder if Sperry ever published any photos from their Port Townsend photo shoot? 

Super cool boat, tell us more about the alma mods? 

8 hours ago, Editor said:

what-is-it-11-22-1024x581.jpg

Issente thet what Gouvie is donig to alle thoise Pearson 26s?                                                                  :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

How is life behind your keyboard? Any other insults to sling at Breymaier???

Actually, they didn't go very far in the R2AK. Looked very pro, but didn't go far.

• Like 1

Why didn't you say... We all thought you were show ponies that headed for the barn before the work began. We did get some good video of you blasting past with the kite up. I'll see if I can find it. Sorry about my comment.

1 hour ago, rmb said:

Had to run home for my daughter's birth a month early...

That’s a damn good reason, nothing more important than that. 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, Editor said:

what-is-it-11-22-1024x581.jpg
A bit of an oddity, isn't it?

Odd would be a sternwheeler drive that he could jettison like the Disco Volante once he left Victoria harbour no sailing zone...:D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuGRNH4h0SDAvZIE6EknfCCP1DulTgG4jdnIic2sZgsY_yG3D3uQ&s

7 hours ago, Bruno said:

What I like in that shot is how high the bows are.

I wonder if that's because, there are like 7 blokes sitting in the back.  It's the effing Ant Hill Mob!

Anthillmob.jpeg

The list of modifications;

1. new lifting foils (C foils), stronger, more lift with active foil rake adjustment

2. new rudders (still float rudder), larger, better shape, t foils, fixed on the transom

3. new tiller configuration and connections ( the prior system  was a soft link to a tiller in the center cockpit), the new system is a hard connection to tiller out at the float

4. extended, added volume and reshape the transom of the floats ( added about 500 lb of volume to each float.

5. Add racks to the floats 

6. move the shrouds aft As well as the hydraulic system for canting ( about 7 feet, changed the angle from 7 degrees to 14)

7. Change all the head sails halyards to locks

8. new standing and running rigging, reconfigured,  changed from a purchase/cleat system for sail handling to winches on the racks 

9. added an aft net and beam 

10. miscellaneous items, like new companion way hatch, paint, etc 

DAE6F4CF-8917-44C2-8A4B-AE738E583AA2.jpeg

57230909-CA7A-4056-BA39-C3A560B7262F.jpeg

443F54BE-4680-4D2E-A84E-84617A8869DB.jpeg

4E66FE38-8B86-4DF5-AD8C-2674E41A743D.jpeg

2D351CAA-6D98-456E-ACB3-05B67D53BA27.jpeg

22FEFAEB-EA3B-486B-98B5-04390BE4306C.jpeg

• Like 2

A few minor winter tune ups. 

But seriously, this is wonderful.  Would love to hear more about the changes.  Especially interested in t-foil rudder.  Rake adjustable?  How to raise it if Kelp?  Reason for doing it?  approxDimensions?  Pix?

Who did all the design work?  

Appreciate any info you can share.

That is the hope. 
Between the additional length aft, flatter bottom (less rocker and more dynamic lift),  added volume and t-rudders. 

Ian’s designs/boats where not designed to actually sail on the float, but rather sail on the main hull ( monohull without the lead) with the floats like training wheels (RM) on a kids bike.  

hopefully the modifications will let us ride like the big kids 

The rudder will be mounted directly to the float ( no cassettes). The rudder is mounted  so that the pine is on the pivot point 

The t foils are not complete.   The t foil will be mechanically attached to the bottom of the rudder and there is a rod to allow rake adjustment 

9CB860D2-DFF8-4EC2-A460-DCF398FA5B45.jpeg