Shootist Jeff

An interesting take on the impact of the impeachment hearings

Recommended Posts

4BC25290-E7DE-465D-BB14-18A48F2550DF.gifFor some reason... This cartoon is an honest representation of what is happening. Gropenfuhrer’s supporters seem to ignore ANYTHING bad about their chosen one and their response to accusations is to dig in deeper with their faithful  support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon Gouv - you're getting way too repetitive.

Add some variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

C'mon Gouv - you're getting way too repetitive.

Add some variety.

OK . How about a PSA??

Parking in downtown Austin last weekend, I foolishly Left two tickets to the upcoming Trump rally sitting on the front seat of my car....

0D4BB9B7-0623-4B35-83D4-9D1778849E68.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody smashed the window and left four more 

 

658F7F26-735F-4C17-8AFC-C62458830A87.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

OK . How about a PSA??

Parking in downtown Austin last weekend, I foolishly Left two tickets to the upcoming Trump rally sitting on the front seat of my car....

0D4BB9B7-0623-4B35-83D4-9D1778849E68.jpeg

Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 7:34 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

the OP you posted was a conservative opinion columnist that appears on NPR because they need "safe" conservatives like the clueless old fuck David Brooks to appeal to clueless old fucks like you. How is it ironic to dismiss opinion pieces? FACTS BITCH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE ANYMORE?

So you're saying David Brooks was lying and making up polls by Politico, 538 and the others he mentioned???  Really?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, Mark K said:

I'm not hearing an earth-shattering ka-boom. Couple of pundit's BS session? Not much else here. They say the polls show disapproval of impeachment but for all we know none of them will allow that to affect their vote. Let's see Trump's favorability ratings from those polls before drawing any firm conclusions. Not that this is the proper time for those, or anything. They haven't even impeached the guy,  haven't brown-bagged it, haven't placed it on Mitch McConnell's porch, haven't lit it on fire, and haven't rung the doorbell yet. 

    

I never once said it was a "Ka-Boom".  In fact I very clearly said it was a big "meh".  Nothing inspiring yet that will get the senate to move off their entrenched positions.  Which is the whole point of this exercise.  If you don't get the people fired up who will make a difference in whether some of those GOP senate critters keep their seats or not, you have lost the game.  The bases are already entrenched, so the game is not about them.  It is the independant and swing votes in the vulnerable red states that matter.  And its been a lackluster show so far.  When the independants shrug and say "yeah, so what" - that means you haven't made your case very well or chose the wrong subject.  

But of course the faithful elk here will now label those independants as deplorables and idiot fucktards now too for not toeing the party line.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming that we, as a country, get back to something that resembles “normalcy” some day, how will history remember these times? Personally, I suspect it won’t be kind to Trump and the R Congress if this thing plays out the way it looks now. I suppose there is an outside chance that someone like Lindsey Graham will step up and others will follow, but not likely in my view. Train wreck in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

History will lump this in with periods like Teapot Dome.

In other words it will be recorded as a shameful period in your history but will be unknown by the majority of people.

It is interesting that these big scandals and corruption always seem to be Republicans.

Just coincidence surely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

When the independants shrug and say "yeah, so what" - that means you haven't made your case very well or chose the wrong subject.  

If you haven’t been convinced yet you are a stupid fuck and nothing will convince you. Cherry picking conservative assclowns doesn’t change that, nor does your endless de facto support of shitstain. You’ve picked a side have the fucking balls to admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sean said:

Assuming that we, as a country, get back to something that resembles “normalcy” some day, how will history remember these times? Personally, I suspect it won’t be kind to Trump and the R Congress if this thing plays out the way it looks now. I suppose there is an outside chance that someone like Lindsey Graham will step up and others will follow, but not likely in my view. Train wreck in progress.

The Vichy GOP will be remembered as a bunch of sycophants who loved nothing more than smelling each other’s farts. They live in a completely imaginary universe.

The only one I see standing up for reality is Sen. Romney. None of them will vote to convict.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

History will lump this in with periods like Teapot Dome.

In other words it will be recorded as a shameful period in your history but will be unknown by the majority of people.

It is interesting that these big scandals and corruption always seem to be Republicans.

Just coincidence surely.

Funny.

 The neighbor who helped me un do the catastrophe that was the electrical wiring in my bathroom ceiling, stayed for a couple of shots..... And of course someone had to bring up politics. And I was asked if I had ever voted for a republican...... And I had to admit that I had...... Several times over the last 30 or so years..... And..... As I thought back on it I realized that all of the republicans that I had voted for had either been imprisoned (Roland) or indicted, kicked out of office, or committed suicide because of scandal.....

 I'm not a democrat, but I sure as hell won't vote for another republican

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sean said:

Assuming that we, as a country, get back to something that resembles “normalcy” some day, how will history remember these times? Personally, I suspect it won’t be kind to Trump and the R Congress if this thing plays out the way it looks now. I suppose there is an outside chance that someone like Lindsey Graham will step up and others will follow, but not likely in my view. Train wreck in progress.

Do you think any of those people care about what history thinks of them after they are dead?  They are amassing wealth for the here and now, and their spawn, in amounts that will probably last generations with very simple investment strategies.  Beyond that, from their actions, I don't thing they give a crap.  They know they are lying.  They know they are amoral.  You don't think Graham or McConnel has seen all the vids of what they said when there was a dem as president?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Do you think any of those people care about what history thinks of them after they are dead?  They are amassing wealth for the here and now, and their spawn, in amounts that will probably last generations with very simple investment strategies.  Beyond that, from their actions, I don't thing they give a crap.  They know they are lying.  They know they are amoral.  You don't think Graham or McConnel has seen all the vids of what they said when there was a dem as president?

Actually, I can imagine that a vast majority will claim that they never supported him, and thought that he was an immoral heathen sent by Satan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 7:11 PM, SloopJonB said:

C'mon Gouv - you're getting way too repetitive.

Add some variety.

 

894FDD84-8A18-4898-9CCC-529D0D572A62.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You finally decided to revel in your dyslexia I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If you haven’t been convinced yet you are a stupid fuck and nothing will convince you. Cherry picking conservative assclowns doesn’t change that, nor does your endless de facto support of shitstain. You’ve picked a side have the fucking balls to admit it.

You must be referring to someone else.  I've gone on record here as saying he's guilty as fuck and should be impeached and removed from office.  In fact, I said that even before the UKR kerfuffle. 

Had you bothered to actually read what someone actually says, rather than what position you assign to them because of your own biases - you would know that.  But you don't and you will continue to be deliberately specious.  As usual - you conflate observing events unfold as support if that observation is contrary to what you desperately want to believe.  It goes along with your constantly outraged, angry boi schtick.  So you got that going for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You believe in firearms regulations too.

You're correct, I do.  First thing you've gotten right all week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Puts me one up on you then.

Oh yeah, well what about YOU?  Poopy face.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 2:54 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

You must be referring to someone else.  I've gone on record here as saying he's guilty as fuck and should be impeached and removed from office.  In fact, I said that even before the UKR kerfuffle. 

Had you bothered to actually read what someone actually says, rather than what position you assign to them because of your own biases - you would know that.  But you don't and you will continue to be deliberately specious.  As usual - you conflate observing events unfold as support if that observation is contrary to what you desperately want to believe.  It goes along with your constantly outraged, angry boi schtick.  So you got that going for you.  

I have you on ignore because you can’t multi quote and so I read your multi paragraph barista rants sporadically at best these days you worthless old fuck. You offer little cogent, insightful or intelligent.

now here’s a participation trophy, go back to giving dictators handjobs loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I have you on ignore because you can’t multi quote and so I read your multi paragraph barista rants sporadically at best these days you worthless old fuck. You offer little cogent, insightful or intelligent.

now here’s a participation trophy, go back to giving dictators handjobs loser.

Reading my posts is voluntary.  I know you've conceded the point when you resort to a personal attack rather than address the point I've just made.  It's your tell.

#winning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Reading my posts is voluntary.  I know you've conceded the point when you resort to a personal attack rather than address the point I've just made.  It's your tell.

#winning

I got this one from Jiblet this morning...

“It was wonderful watching Republicans repudiate everything they claim to believe. It was like watching you, lying in here every day, but with real fools. Turley? Goddamn he made you like the c-grade trailer ball hitch chrome sucking chicken fucking whore you are”.

Is that not a thing of beauty?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every words true @Dog you aren’t bright enough to lie like the pros in DC

 

neither of you make points anymore, just spew bad faith bullshit, with nutpicking in PA or politics in general as a pathetic excuse not to face up to the glaring, ginormous hypocrisy you display. No different than the rest of the dumbfuck ‘pubes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Reading my posts is voluntary.  I know you've conceded the point when you resort to a personal attack rather than address the point I've just made.  It's your tell.

#winning

Fuck, I love this place.

#whining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now