Stingray~

INEOS Team GB

Recommended Posts

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RMac said:

I will never not be unable to see this as anything but the ugliest boat of all time, and sticking extra shit on it isn't gonna help. What's next; spoiler? Big exhaust? "TYPE RRRR" stickers?

It's certainly fugly enough for Type R stickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JonRowe said:

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

Looks like they've taken some volume out of the gunwales at the rear and from the stern in order to still measure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called for delivery from a close-by ‘Silver Dragon’ Chinese restaurant and the only dish they have going on (lol!) reminded me of this boat. The dish is....

 

 

 

Wild Bat :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a strain gauge on the towline above the bow? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JonRowe said:

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

I've seen some shit deserving of the windex treatment and this certainly fits that category...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JonRowe said:

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

Look more like a dagger board.  Obviously testing the endplating on this run...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, Lickindip said:

sooo if they work out the bustle is an effective thing to have ... is it too late to build one into B2 while changing other dimensions to keep the same water line?

The Grant Simmer interview above has very strong indication that B2 is going to be thinner & probably bellied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptKeen said:

Looks like they've taken some volume out of the gunwales at the rear and from the stern in order to still measure

The top image is from port flipped and scaled to roughly match the under tow pic. They are slightly different aspects, but I can't see any difference in gunwale height.

Both weight and MWP location are tightly controlled, the MWP tolerance wrt foil cant axis is only ±2 mm so whatever extra buoyancy comes from the keel needs to be compensated for as well as the weight (±15kg). I'm sure they've done their sums.

1826410885_IneosLeftRIght.png.55f3785581948b4f45feda7267030285.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they'll try it the other way up? Pays to keep an open mind ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nav said:

I wonder if they'll try it the other way up? Pays to keep an open mind ;)

Yup sure looks quicker as a monomaran.

9B9E954F-8D43-4929-9BF9-501CAC100263.thumb.jpeg.24a561fd0e3f568d25bf7298bb67362f.jpeg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RobG said:

The top image is from port flipped and scaled to roughly match the under tow pic. They are slightly different aspects, but I can't see any difference in gunwale height.

Both weight and MWP location are tightly controlled, the MWP tolerance wrt foil cant axis is only ±2 mm so whatever extra buoyancy comes from the keel needs to be compensated for as well as the weight (±15kg). I'm sure they've done their sums.

1826410885_IneosLeftRIght.png.55f3785581948b4f45feda7267030285.png

or maybe ... we are seeing B2 :o:o:o:o:o:o:o dun dun daaaaaaaaaa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RobG said:

The top image is from port flipped and scaled to roughly match the under tow pic. They are slightly different aspects, but I can't see any difference in gunwale height.

Both weight and MWP location are tightly controlled, the MWP tolerance wrt foil cant axis is only ±2 mm so whatever extra buoyancy comes from the keel needs to be compensated for as well as the weight (±15kg). I'm sure they've done their sums.

1826410885_IneosLeftRIght.png.55f3785581948b4f45feda7267030285.png

Yea, I look back to compare and didn't really see any hull changes expect for the dagger board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RobG said:

1826410885_IneosLeftRIght.png.55f3785581948b4f45feda7267030285.png

Am I the only one to see that they are sailing more bow down on the bottom pic, but the wall doesn't show same angle which would suggest it is slightly shorter at the aft? In addition we see some shoulders on bottom pic while we see only head in the top one. Then it might be just enough to compensate the volume added with the daggerboard, or due to the aspect of both pic and a guy standing a bit more. Not a dramatic change in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scaling isn't fully accurate so can't be certain but it does APPEAR that the sides are a bit lower in the newer picture. The red bow stripe also appears to be at a different, shallower, angle as it joins the sidewalls in the bottom picture but again scaling and perspective cold be a factor...

Regarding comments about heads visible in top photo versus shoulders in bottom - those crew pits are definitely deeper at the front compared to aft at the wheels so comparing grinders to helm in different pics won't be accurate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Yup sure looks quicker as a monomaran.

9B9E954F-8D43-4929-9BF9-501CAC100263.thumb.jpeg.24a561fd0e3f568d25bf7298bb67362f.jpeg

 

Reminds me of the boat in “The World is not Enough.” The Navy will be using it for target practise soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, JonRowe said:

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

Also towing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t look like the foils we have seen them with in the past, 

 

you get a glimpse of the outline and the LE is swept a bit and the tips look different too 

 

plus the foils are now a different colour, white at launch, red in Sardinia 

possibly black now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Doesn’t look like the foils we have seen them with in the past, 

 

you get a glimpse of the outline and the LE is swept a bit and the tips look different too 

 

plus the foils are now a different colour, white at launch, red in Sardinia 

possibly black now? 

Same wings, same struts. Possibly slightly different fairings around the junction. Paint is irrelevant as the fairings probably require constant work to maintain given the amount of flex added to the complexities in the design would suggest some means of disassembly for maintenance and then refinishing.

No change to topsides. 

Rumours of some kind of significant repair recently.

Looks like new sensors on the transom, tow testing to prove new code or human interface? Would perhaps suggest a connection to the big wipeout last year and the lack of sailing since - tying the new sensors to the repair rumour all nicely covered up by covid and the various issues LR have had...? Conspiracy theory?

I only saw one mast being unloaded from Cagliari and Old Portsmouth hasn't received any oversized convoys, or i'd have had to move my car! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on foil colour being whatever is laying around and fits the colour pallete.

 

they sailed after the heavy round up in Sardinia and fitted the skeg and sailed with it fitted. So I dont buy the consipracy/cover up theory. 
 

what heavy wipeout last year though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Agree on foil colour being whatever is laying around and fits the colour pallete.

 

they sailed after the heavy round up in Sardinia and fitted the skeg and sailed with it fitted. So I dont buy the consipracy/cover up theory. 
 

what heavy wipeout last year though? 

I'm not saying cover up, im saying the facts are there. Word is they sailed 2 maybe 3 times, once with the skeg before a significant issue arose at which point conveniently the covid exodus and the nose falling off LR took the spot light off... There is supporting statements and timeline between the lines of these 12 pages you just need to filter the BS. That and i'm sure you can coax some insight from your ties to one of the sailing team you've nodded at previously. All i'm saying is don't believe the hype,  there may have been a lot of development in the 1's and 0's but beyond that we haven't actually SEEN a great deal from these guys (yet?)

Rooting for the home team but telling it like it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Racing Fast said:

I'm not saying cover up, im saying the facts are there. Word is they sailed 2 maybe 3 times, once with the skeg before a significant issue arose at which point conveniently the covid exodus and the nose falling off LR took the spot light off... There is supporting statements and timeline between the lines of these 12 pages you just need to filter the BS. That and i'm sure you can coax some insight from your ties to one of the sailing team you've nodded at previously. All i'm saying is don't believe the hype,  there may have been a lot of development in the 1's and 0's but beyond that we haven't actually SEEN a great deal from these guys (yet?)

Rooting for the home team but telling it like it is.

The one getting hit by the double gusts and winding up? Notice recent shots on the Solent they seem to have allowed significantly more main ease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Frackers Britannia is not exactly looking like it will rule the waves unless someone waives the rules.

Question is how far did they throw the design ball maybe the answer is too fucking far and now they can’t find it.

That hull appendage is either one very amateur attempt to give it some low speed grip or a strong back stiffener to arrest some weaknesses.
Question is having built a dog where does the design team turn to for B2 copying either of the design choice routes the other contenders or defender have gone down would be a Herculean task at this stage of the game.

FF8EADAF-8387-4E7B-90A7-C4549AAC20D6.thumb.jpeg.90ee1e2569128ec8d08cf3e8032154e0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are end plating the fuck outta that glue on keel. Interesting it's positioned to be flush with the wl in a bow down attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a pretty perfect endplating here, without touching the water.

However, we don't know if the concept works, they said it was to test easier tacks and gybes while using it as an "extra" foil, and we don't know if they  tell the truth.

It will be interesting to see different teams B2 choices.

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the link above somewhere, this more AC-focused Part 2 of Shirley’s interview with BA is a remarkably good listen. Tip of the cap to Ben!

 https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8zNjQ4MjAucnNz/episode/QnV6enNwcm91dC00MDQ3MTQz?ved=0CAoQzsICahcKEwi4jZ202e3pAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
 

The second part of Shirley Robertson's in depth chat with British sailing legend Sir Ben Ainslie sees the duo delve deep into the America's Cup, as Ben reveals his thoughts and experiences on a career spent chasing the illusive, oldest trophy in world sport.

Throughout this second part Ainslie and Robertson discuss the Ben's passion for the Cup, and how his early experiences in the Cup world did not go as he had hoped they would.  As his experience in the Cup arena grew, his exploits elsewhere in sailing soon put him on the most wanted list, and after the highs of London 2012, Ainslie joined Oracle Team USA, then watched from the sidelines as the team lost race after race to a seemingly unbeatable Emirates Team New Zealand....:

"I was in the (chase) boat with Russell (Coutts) and Grant (Simmer) and I remember  Russell's phone going off, and it was a bit, you know, slightly held off his ear,  and it was pretty obvious it was Larry (Ellison) and he wasn't too happy about what he was seeing, you know.  And then he just turned round to me and he said 'You, you'd better get your wet suit on."

Sir Ben Ainslie

Ainslie then goes on to share his version of how the team turned a massive deficit into a famous America's Cup victory, and how lifting the oldest trophy in world sport for an American team, solidified his resolve and convinced him that his future in the sport lay in creating a British team, with a long term goal and vision.  His honest and insightful account of the 2013 Cup gives another angle on how this remarkable defence of the Cup unfolded.

The final points of discussion in the podcast relate to Ainslie's current position, leading the British outfit, INEOS Team UK, into the next iteration of the America's Cup.  The pair discuss how the initial Team came about, the rigours of raising money for such a financially dependent endeavour, and how lessons learned in the last Cup in Bermuda are helping the effort as the Team prepare for the 36th America's Cup in New Zealand in 2021.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

That looks like a pretty perfect endplating here, without touching the water.

However, we don't know if the concept works, they said it was to test easier tacks and gybes while using it as an "extra" foil, and we don't know if they  tell the truth.

It will be interesting to see different teams B2 choices.

 

Capture.PNG

It is an interesting feature how the maximum area is close to the line of COE on the sail plan. Having the maximum area in that position should help with rotating the hull through manoeuvres in displacement mode. Rather than that area spread out towards the ends of the hull. Good solution.

 

Unfortunately I still see the challenge as a whole, to be in dumpster fire position at the moment 

 

302A34A8-893A-4C76-978B-C2CDB4B0C90C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, uflux said:

It is an interesting feature how the maximum area is close to the line of COE on the sail plan. Having the maximum area in that position should help with rotating the hull through manoeuvres in displacement mode. Rather than that area spread out towards the ends of the hull. Good solution.

 

Yes, if what they say is right it seems a perfect location to ease tacks any gybes. That would mean that they put the emphasis on transitions but we have to guess why they think it is so important. Because they think more time is to gain on transition than straight line ? because they think it's a solution to make the boat more stable ? because their strategy is to try to luff and make the other capsize in prestart ? Guess game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Yes, if what they say is right it seems a perfect location to ease tacks any gybes. That would mean that they put the emphasis on transitions but we have to guess why they think it is so important. Because they think more time is to gain on transition than straight line ? because they think it's a solution to make the boat more stable ? because their strategy is to try to luff and make the other capsize in prestart ? Guess game...

Hmmm. I think the Maximum area in that position is first and foremost seen as the most effective end plating for the sail plan.

If luffing their opposition into a capsize is a plan. Then that is a strategy based in ‘hope’.....Hope is not a very good strategy 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, uflux said:

Hmmm. I think the Maximum area in that position is first and foremost seen as the most effective end plating for the sail plan.

If luffing their opposition into a capsize is a plan. Then that is a strategy based in ‘hope’.....Hope is not a very good strategy 

Correct. I was speaking about their comment that the bulge was tested in order to ease tacks and gybes and would be use as another "leg".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, uflux said:

Hope is not a very good strategy  

Where have I heard that before :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if any team is thinking "we need to win this in the start box" they probably should watch this race and then follow that up with a very in-depth review of their strategy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoom said:

Where have I heard that before :lol:

Yeah I think that was about race 8 of the cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 12:33 AM, Tornado-Cat said:

Yes, if what they say is right it seems a perfect location to ease tacks any gybes. That would mean that they put the emphasis on transitions but we have to guess why they think it is so important. Because they think more time is to gain on transition than straight line ? because they think it's a solution to make the boat more stable ? because their strategy is to try to luff and make the other capsize in prestart ? Guess game...

If one team stays on the foil when the other doesn't, given that they haven't compromised too much on VMG, they'll win. Phase most likely to make them drop off the foils: maneuvers. Not surprising that they try to ease them, make them faster, ... We saw recently how much height LR was loosing. If they can reduce the drop, they can sail closer to the water and faster prior to the maneuver, and keep foiling through a maneuver with lighter air. So much to gain, and if possible they want to keep foils as small as possible not to compromise too much on straight line speed.


Ineos looks fast on that video, might be good condition but still.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, RMac said:

I will never not be unable to see this as anything but the ugliest boat of all time, and sticking extra shit on it isn't gonna help. What's next; spoiler? Big exhaust? "TYPE RRRR" stickers?

Maybe some vintage ETNZ "pie warmers"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because the boat looks ugly to your eyes does not mean its not fast.  Go back in history and take a look at boat designs and you will find a lot of them were quite ugly by today's designs. I don't thing the designers set out to make an pretty boat but set out to make a boat that can get the job done.  I am also certain that they have more knowledge in boat design than you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trt131 said:

Just because the boat looks ugly to your eyes does not mean its not fast.  Go back in history and take a look at boat designs and you will find a lot of them were quite ugly by today's designs. I don't thing the designers set out to make an pretty boat but set out to make a boat that can get the job done.  I am also certain that they have more knowledge in boat design than you have.

More often than not, if they look wrong, they are wrong. There's little chance boat 2 will look like a barge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

 

It is an interesting biological fact that oceans have about 4 times as much salt as human blood. JFK was bullshitting. Where's the fact check?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trt131 said:

Just because the boat looks ugly to your eyes does not mean its not fast.  Go back in history and take a look at boat designs and you will find a lot of them were quite ugly by today's designs. I don't thing the designers set out to make an pretty boat but set out to make a boat that can get the job done.  I am also certain that they have more knowledge in boat design than you have.

But it's only the fast, ugly boats which have turned into beautiful (black) swans, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

 

Jeez its a bit slow this boat :huh:

I mean she's not exactly Amanda Becker

And its definitely no Reservoir Dogs

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 5:59 PM, Lakrass said:

If one team stays on the foil when the other doesn't, given that they haven't compromised too much on VMG, they'll win. Phase most likely to make them drop off the foils: maneuvers. Not surprising that they try to ease them, make them faster, ... We saw recently how much height LR was loosing. If they can reduce the drop, they can sail closer to the water and faster prior to the maneuver, and keep foiling through a maneuver with lighter air. So much to gain, and if possible they want to keep foils as small as possible not to compromise too much on straight line speed.


Ineos looks fast on that video, might be good condition but still.

Last cycle etnz would rear up to max height prior to light wind tacks, I reckoned it was to reduce the chance of a costly touch. Probably the same play book applies here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trt131 said:

Just because the boat looks ugly to your eyes does not mean its not fast. 

Mmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, Tornado-Cat said:

That looks like a pretty perfect endplating here, without touching the water.

However, we don't know if the concept works, they said it was to test easier tacks and gybes while using it as an "extra" foil, and we don't know if they  tell the truth.

It will be interesting to see different teams B2 choices.

 

Capture.PNG

Has anyone else noticed the new or modified foils? Raked wingtips and lots of fences in another photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, trt131 said:

Just because the boat looks ugly to your eyes does not mean its not fast.  Go back in history and take a look at boat designs and you will find a lot of them were quite ugly by today's designs. I don't thing the designers set out to make an pretty boat but set out to make a boat that can get the job done.  I am also certain that they have more knowledge in boat design than you have.

With all due respect officer, I never said it wouldn't be fast (although the bolting on of various bits to make it more like the other boats isn't a good sign) and I never said there weren't other ugly boats, some of which went fast, and I am CERTAIN they have more yacht design knowledge than I, I just said it was a hideous beast of a boat I can prove it using an etch a sketch.  I"ll go look back in history to see if I can find an uglier boat, wish me luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, RobG said:

It is an interesting biological fact that oceans have about 4 times as much salt as human blood. JFK was bullshitting. Where's the fact check?

Correct. But the level of salt in the oceans is the optimal concentration for metal corrosion...  just a true tidbit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, Tornado-Cat said:

That looks like a pretty perfect endplating here, without touching the water.

It looks slow, lots of arm and rudder in the water. End plating must be some serious magic to overcome all that extra drag.

I don't get it. End plating will only work in flat water with the skeg just touching the water. But in those conditions you want to be as high as possible so no end plate. As soon as there's a reasonable chop, no endplate. I do get it as an anti–leeway measure and maybe to help with yaw controllability at very low speeds, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobG said:

It looks slow, lots of arm and rudder in the water. End plating must be some serious magic to overcome all that extra drag.

I don't get it. End plating will only work in flat water with the skeg just touching the water. But in those conditions you want to be as high as possible so no end plate. As soon as there's a reasonable chop, no endplate. I do get it as an anti–leeway measure and maybe to help with yaw controllability at very low speeds, but that's it.

Riding deep increases height and speed. 

Take planing upwind into increasing wind. You might start with forward centerboard rake then reduce rake aft as wind increases to maintain balance of the rig and hull. At some point too much rake allows drift leeward in the puffs and you cant harness the power in the rig as there is less of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So while this footage is newly released - and everyone is commenting on how fast, ugly or purposeful it seems - no one has commented on the fact that this footage was NOT shot in the Solent. Therefore It is of quite some age, and much time has passed.......

Relevance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RobG said:

It looks slow, lots of arm and rudder in the water. End plating must be some serious magic to overcome all that extra drag.

I don't get it. End plating will only work in flat water with the skeg just touching the water. But in those conditions you want to be as high as possible so no end plate. As soon as there's a reasonable chop, no endplate. I do get it as an anti–leeway measure and maybe to help with yaw controllability at very low speeds, but that's it.

I agree with your logic and what we have seen seems to corroborate it:

1) I think (but I may be wrong) that the only team that spoke about end plating is LR, in particular Martin Fisher

2) LR was flying high with light wind and flat water as the NZ test boat in the last videos, probably to lower the hydro drag

3) LR was seen flying low in strong conditions with sea conditions that could not allow endplating, I guess because they wanted to increase the rm

4) Ineos has been telling us that the bustle was to try to ease their tacks and gybes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Riding deep increases height and speed. 

I guess you mean pointing higher. In that context I think you can only have one or the other. Pointing higher and going faster means a much smaller apparent wind angle, less power, etc. Using the foil to also lift to windward means more drag, and more arm in the water is even more drag. Is the much rumoured endplate effect sufficient to overcome all that?

And the much vaunted end plate effect hasn't been proven, it's only speculation, so no estimates of claimed improvements beyond "it's faster".

18 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Take planing upwind into increasing wind. You might start with forward centerboard rake then reduce rake aft as wind increases to maintain balance of the rig and hull. At some point too much rake allows drift leeward in the puffs and you cant harness the power in the rig as there is less of it

Planing upwind in skiffs is by pointing lower, but much greater speed through the water plus more lift from centreboard results in better VMG to windward.

I think the recent video of the ETNZ training boat shows how they will sail in light conditions— foil tip right at the surface with occasional breaches and max cant to get max VMG. Sure you can get more cant riding lower, but all that extra drag has to be compensated for by something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Main Man said:

Which footage? The one from Saturday called “Back on home waters” IS the Solent.

NOT the Solent - Ineos posting for World Oceans Day - 6th June 2020

Ineos Screen Grab - Not the Solent.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 3:46 PM, Tornado-Cat said:

Have a look at foil details, they seem different.

But this entire video is in the Solent.. 

I am not sure what the point is? This vid was first sailing sessions since being back

the other was moody slow mo about salt water or something. 
 

and yes TC I had mentioned the foils earlier, got told by someone that I was wrong yet it’s clear the tips are swept. Clearly I know ( can see fuck all) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boink said:

NOT the Solent - Ineos posting for World Oceans Day - 6th June 2020

Ineos Screen Grab - Not the Solent.jpg

That wasn’t the film I was pointing out as being in the Solent and recent though, was it? The one above that JAL has re-posted is in the Solent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Main Man said:

That wasn’t the film I was pointing out as being in the Solent and recent though, was it? The one above that JAL has re-posted is in the Solent.

Time to get in the Bowl M&M......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

. INEOS Team UK will bring in a total of 86 workers and 128 family members and one nanny. 

BA still needs a nanny?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that bow looks more like the chin of an English Bulldog the way the spine/skeg is attached. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Xlot said:

BA still needs a nanny?

It was easier than trying to explain why a mistress is an essential worker on the visa paperwork

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSPN said:

It was easier than trying to explain why a mistress is an essential worker on the visa paperwork

Stay classy.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Stay classy.. 

Yor toofucking sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, barfy said:

Yor toofucking sensitive.

Any thing regarding Sir Ben :-)

@JALhazmat you don't happen to have the photographer incident video on hand you could post do yah? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why? do you? 
 

the remark was more in line with all the negative shit that gets thrown in the threads is there a need to accuse him of fucking the nanny? 
 

The “stay classy” is a joke quote anyway from anchorman not “oh my fucking god triggered, don’t insult Ben “

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, its like a fucking bunfight every 5 mins on this site. Fucking grow up. Stop getting so emotive with each other and lets concentrate on Ben and his team. Having to wade thru so much shit between various pathetic children on here, when in fact, there is a lot of good stuff to read. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

Any thing regarding Sir Ben :-)

@JALhazmat you don't happen to have the photographer incident video on hand you could post do yah? :lol:

JAL - do all KiWhingerTM "Konspiracy" Theorists have single digit IQs? Maybe rh is a member of the "Diminati"?

article-2072677-0F235B5200000578-640_634

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 2:10 AM, Xlot said:

BA still needs a nanny?

 

Funny.

 

As an aside, the nanny thing struck me too.  I suspect the request relates more to a single parent than it does some overly wealthy sailor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Funny.

 

As an aside, the nanny thing struck me too.  I suspect the request relates more to a single parent than it does some overly wealthy sailor.

Understandable, coming from the land of Mary Poppins. But are there no girls in NZ looking for a summer job - and possibly hooking up with a virile, single sailor? Carry put the interviews during the quarantine, presto. And doesn’t the clause apply about earning double the local salary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ttc546 said:

Jeez, its like a fucking bunfight every 5 mins on this site. Fucking grow up. Stop getting so emotive with each other and lets concentrate on Ben and his team. Having to wade thru so much shit between various pathetic children on here, when in fact, there is a lot of good stuff to read. 

It started as soon as the AC75 was introduced. All the jaded Oracle fans who were emotionally destroyed by the ass whooping the Kiwis gave them in Bermuda, that everything became about hating everything about the next cycle, from the boats, to Safety, to the venue, to the Costs, to the people, to the posters on here who support the next cycle. They just haven’t gotten over the emotional trauma of the demolition job in Bermuda by a team most had written off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

It started as soon as the AC75 was introduced. All the jaded Oracle fans who were emotionally destroyed by the ass whooping the Kiwis gave them in Bermuda, that everything became about hating everything about the next cycle, from the boats, to Safety, to the venue, to the Costs, to the people, to the posters on here who support the next cycle. They just haven’t gotten over the emotional trauma of the demolition job in Bermuda by a team most had written off.

I thought it all started in San Fransisco home of Herbie and the emotional trauma centre for Kiwi AC fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, barfy said:

Yor toofucking sensitive.

Says the king of the ignore function.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

It started as soon as the AC75 was introduced. All the jaded Oracle fans who were emotionally destroyed by the ass whooping the Kiwis gave them in Bermuda, that everything became about hating everything about the next cycle, from the boats, to Safety, to the venue, to the Costs, to the people, to the posters on here who support the next cycle. They just haven’t gotten over the emotional trauma of the demolition job in Bermuda by a team most had written off.

Well, you must admit that the ETNZ fans reacted the same way after SF, Herbie, Bermuda and so on.
Although... Bermuda was not the Defender's home waters, but one of the challengers', the boats looked like toys after what we've seen at SF, so there was some justified mistrust re. AC35. But in the end the grief reaction was over the top in a similar way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone confirm why ineos sail with the zero halyard on in most footage? Is reducing air drag not a thing for them....?!!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ttc546 said:

Jeez, its like a fucking bunfight every 5 mins on this site. Fucking grow up. Stop getting so emotive with each other and lets concentrate on Ben and his team. Having to wade thru so much shit between various pathetic children on here, when in fact, there is a lot of good stuff to read. 

On another subject haven't seen them out for a few days though conditions seemed to have been a bit gnarly. Rumor has it they broke something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chesirecat said:

On another subject haven't seen them out for a few days though conditions seemed to have been a bit gnarly. Rumor has it they broke something.

I’m not sure what broke but I heard it was because some numbnut didn’t put the zero halyard on the bowsprit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onthelock! said:

I’m not sure what broke but I heard it was because some numbnut didn’t put the zero halyard on the bowsprit....

Things happen when short crewed!

 

B2 must be close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It started as soon as the AC75 was introduced. All the jaded Oracle fans who were emotionally destroyed by the ass whooping the Kiwis gave them in Bermuda, that everything became about hating everything about the next cycle, from the boats, to Safety, to the venue, to the Costs, to the people, to the posters on here who support the next cycle. They just haven’t gotten over the emotional trauma of the demolition job in Bermuda by a team most had written off.

If you want the cup you beat the defender at there own game New Zealand has done this twice now.
I'm hoping for the New Zealand America's Cup dynasty that Blake was talking about lasting for decades, shame it only lasted two cycles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites