Stingray~

INEOS Team GB

6 hours ago, RMac said:

I will never not be unable to see this as anything but the ugliest boat of all time, and sticking extra shit on it isn't gonna help. What's next; spoiler? Big exhaust? "TYPE RRRR" stickers?

It's certainly fugly enough for Type R stickers. 

3 hours ago, JonRowe said:

image.png.f6cbebb38efb562ef6b7144b1dc55d2a.png

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

Looks like they've taken some volume out of the gunwales at the rear and from the stern in order to still measure

I called for delivery from a close-by ‘Silver Dragon’ Chinese restaurant and the only dish they have going on (lol!) reminded me of this boat. The dish is....

Wild Bat :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JonRowe said:

The new bustle out being tested in the Solent, more photos on FB but they're all towing,

I've seen some shit deserving of the windex treatment and this certainly fits that category...

8 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Look more like a dagger board.  Obviously testing the endplating on this run...lol

On 6/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, Lickindip said:

sooo if they work out the bustle is an effective thing to have ... is it too late to build one into B2 while changing other dimensions to keep the same water line?

The Grant Simmer interview above has very strong indication that B2 is going to be thinner & probably bellied.

11 hours ago, CaptKeen said:

Looks like they've taken some volume out of the gunwales at the rear and from the stern in order to still measure

The top image is from port flipped and scaled to roughly match the under tow pic. They are slightly different aspects, but I can't see any difference in gunwale height.

Both weight and MWP location are tightly controlled, the MWP tolerance wrt foil cant axis is only ±2 mm so whatever extra buoyancy comes from the keel needs to be compensated for as well as the weight (±15kg). I'm sure they've done their sums.

1826410885_IneosLeftRIght.png.55f3785581948b4f45feda7267030285.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nav said:

I wonder if they'll try it the other way up? Pays to keep an open mind ;)

Yup sure looks quicker as a monomaran.

9B9E954F-8D43-4929-9BF9-501CAC100263.thumb.jpeg.24a561fd0e3f568d25bf7298bb67362f.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RobG said:

The top image is from port flipped and scaled to roughly match the under tow pic. They are slightly different aspects, but I can't see any difference in gunwale height.

Both weight and MWP location are tightly controlled, the MWP tolerance wrt foil cant axis is only ±2 mm so whatever extra buoyancy comes from the keel needs to be compensated for as well as the weight (±15kg). I'm sure they've done their sums.

or maybe ... we are seeing B2 :o:o:o:o:o:o:o dun dun daaaaaaaaaa

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobG said:

Yea, I look back to compare and didn't really see any hull changes expect for the dagger board.

18 hours ago, RobG said:

Am I the only one to see that they are sailing more bow down on the bottom pic, but the wall doesn't show same angle which would suggest it is slightly shorter at the aft? In addition we see some shoulders on bottom pic while we see only head in the top one. Then it might be just enough to compensate the volume added with the daggerboard, or due to the aspect of both pic and a guy standing a bit more. Not a dramatic change in any case.

Scaling isn't fully accurate so can't be certain but it does APPEAR that the sides are a bit lower in the newer picture. The red bow stripe also appears to be at a different, shallower, angle as it joins the sidewalls in the bottom picture but again scaling and perspective cold be a factor...

Regarding comments about heads visible in top photo versus shoulders in bottom - those crew pits are definitely deeper at the front compared to aft at the wheels so comparing grinders to helm in different pics won't be accurate...

12 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Yup sure looks quicker as a monomaran.

9B9E954F-8D43-4929-9BF9-501CAC100263.thumb.jpeg.24a561fd0e3f568d25bf7298bb67362f.jpeg

Reminds me of the boat in “The World is not Enough.” The Navy will be using it for target practise soon!

On 6/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, JonRowe said:

Also towing?

Doesn’t look like the foils we have seen them with in the past, 

you get a glimpse of the outline and the LE is swept a bit and the tips look different too 

plus the foils are now a different colour, white at launch, red in Sardinia 

possibly black now? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Doesn’t look like the foils we have seen them with in the past, 

you get a glimpse of the outline and the LE is swept a bit and the tips look different too 

plus the foils are now a different colour, white at launch, red in Sardinia 

possibly black now? 

Same wings, same struts. Possibly slightly different fairings around the junction. Paint is irrelevant as the fairings probably require constant work to maintain given the amount of flex added to the complexities in the design would suggest some means of disassembly for maintenance and then refinishing.

No change to topsides. 

Rumours of some kind of significant repair recently.

Looks like new sensors on the transom, tow testing to prove new code or human interface? Would perhaps suggest a connection to the big wipeout last year and the lack of sailing since - tying the new sensors to the repair rumour all nicely covered up by covid and the various issues LR have had...? Conspiracy theory?

I only saw one mast being unloaded from Cagliari and Old Portsmouth hasn't received any oversized convoys, or i'd have had to move my car! 

• Like 3

Agree on foil colour being whatever is laying around and fits the colour pallete.

they sailed after the heavy round up in Sardinia and fitted the skeg and sailed with it fitted. So I dont buy the consipracy/cover up theory. 

what heavy wipeout last year though? 

4 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Agree on foil colour being whatever is laying around and fits the colour pallete.

they sailed after the heavy round up in Sardinia and fitted the skeg and sailed with it fitted. So I dont buy the consipracy/cover up theory. 

what heavy wipeout last year though? 

I'm not saying cover up, im saying the facts are there. Word is they sailed 2 maybe 3 times, once with the skeg before a significant issue arose at which point conveniently the covid exodus and the nose falling off LR took the spot light off... There is supporting statements and timeline between the lines of these 12 pages you just need to filter the BS. That and i'm sure you can coax some insight from your ties to one of the sailing team you've nodded at previously. All i'm saying is don't believe the hype,  there may have been a lot of development in the 1's and 0's but beyond that we haven't actually SEEN a great deal from these guys (yet?)

Rooting for the home team but telling it like it is.

5 hours ago, Racing Fast said:

I'm not saying cover up, im saying the facts are there. Word is they sailed 2 maybe 3 times, once with the skeg before a significant issue arose at which point conveniently the covid exodus and the nose falling off LR took the spot light off... There is supporting statements and timeline between the lines of these 12 pages you just need to filter the BS. That and i'm sure you can coax some insight from your ties to one of the sailing team you've nodded at previously. All i'm saying is don't believe the hype,  there may have been a lot of development in the 1's and 0's but beyond that we haven't actually SEEN a great deal from these guys (yet?)

Rooting for the home team but telling it like it is.

The one getting hit by the double gusts and winding up? Notice recent shots on the Solent they seem to have allowed significantly more main ease. 

The Frackers Britannia is not exactly looking like it will rule the waves unless someone waives the rules.

Question is how far did they throw the design ball maybe the answer is too fucking far and now they can’t find it.

That hull appendage is either one very amateur attempt to give it some low speed grip or a strong back stiffener to arrest some weaknesses.
Question is having built a dog where does the design team turn to for B2 copying either of the design choice routes the other contenders or defender have gone down would be a Herculean task at this stage of the game.

FF8EADAF-8387-4E7B-90A7-C4549AAC20D6.thumb.jpeg.90ee1e2569128ec8d08cf3e8032154e0.jpeg