Stingray~

INEOS Team GB

33 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

On your horse Don for all your conspiracy theories you post here none listen none will ever change the result.

Oracle pissed all over your golden team and crikey it may have reduced you to damaged goods but fuck what a fantastically memorable regatta.

Oracle made a fantastic recovery and won through development of their boat and change in conditions, I wouldn't describe that as "pissed all over"... They had the fastest boat on the water at the end of the series, if that was within the rules, great, if it wasn't, prove it and stop relying on conspiracy theories. Isn't this thread supposed to be about INEOS? Why are we talking conspiracy theories here.

19 minutes ago, JonRowe said:

Oracle made a fantastic recovery and won through development of their boat and change in conditions, I wouldn't describe that as "pissed all over"... They had the fastest boat on the water at the end of the series, if that was within the rules, great, if it wasn't, prove it and stop relying on conspiracy theories. Isn't this thread supposed to be about INEOS? Why are we talking conspiracy theories here.

Since when does labeling a fact as a 'conspiracy theory' mean that it is not true?

Plain as the nose on any sailors face that they cheated.  Call it what you like, please continue the self denial ... but they fucking cheated.

• Like 1

im with astro .. firmly .. on this point

no question

look at the last race nz won in that series .. oracle going upwind .. testing the cheat box

that was the day spithall came out with the would it be wonderful if a team came back from blahh blahh blahh

'he already knew what it was and what it did

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

When did that happen? Thought it was the kiwis that has a Code 0 issue on the first time out with it? 

The Kiwis had the tack blow out but I'm sure I've seen pictures of INEOS flaking the Zero down (unfurled) onto the foredeck during a sailing session - can't think of any other reason for doing this than as a result of halyard/lock issues...

Yeah I have seen flaked sails on it but didn’t think it was the zero, who knows? 

the foils have changed since they have been back though, the video up the page has a helpfully placed fuzzy spot over the windward foil Hiding what ever has been done

also the main has a change to the DS from what was in Italy 

4 hours ago, astro said:

Since when does labeling a fact as a 'conspiracy theory' mean that it is not true?

Plain as the nose on any sailors face that they cheated.  Call it what you like, please continue the self denial ... but they fucking cheated.

4 hours ago, phill_nz said:

look at the last race nz won in that series .. oracle going upwind .. testing the cheat box

that was the day spithall came out with the would it be wonderful if a team came back from blahh blahh blahh

'he already knew what it was and what it did

I'm an ETNZ fan, I wanted them to win in San Fran, got up early to watch every race with in full nail biting mode.

But this is not a San Francisco AC35 thread.

9 hours ago, Priscilla said:

On your horse Don for all your conspiracy theories you post here none listen none will ever change the result.

Oracle pissed all over your golden team and crikey it may have reduced you to damaged goods but fuck what a fantastically memorable regatta.

Pissed all over - they just won lol and there will forever be an asterisk next to that win.

6 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Yeah I have seen flaked sails on it but didn’t think it was the zero, who knows? 

the foils have changed since they have been back though, the video up the page has a helpfully placed fuzzy spot over the windward foil Hiding what ever has been done

also the main has a change to the DS from what was in Italy 

Same foils, different tip piece(s)

14 hours ago, NZK said:

I've wondered this too - it's not always rigged which is odd. Maybe it's a safety measure for testing different iterations of structured luff headsails? Or they're recycling a LOT of footage from the day the Code 0 got stuck up the rig....

All of the above? Zero hasn't been stuck in the sky. Couldn't flake one down as pocket luff... Plenty of recycled footage... Suggests testing new things in the initial phases (levels) of confidence. Covering themselves with only one mast in the UK? Development items? Increased load somewhere? New rig tune? Higher mainsheet load? Pushing first boat beyond it's initial design case?

Mainsail looks like a new main, luff detailing looks different.

1 hour ago, Racing Fast said:

All of the above? Zero hasn't been stuck in the sky. Couldn't flake one down as pocket luff... Plenty of recycled footage... Suggests testing new things in the initial phases (levels) of confidence. Covering themselves with only one mast in the UK? Development items? Increased load somewhere? New rig tune? Higher mainsheet load? Pushing first boat beyond it's initial design case?

Mainsail looks like a new main, luff detailing looks different.

Is your "fast" from Laurie S?

On 6/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, bastow said:

Can anyone confirm why ineos sail with the zero halyard on in most footage? Is reducing air drag not a thing for them....?!!?

Apparent wind angle moves forward the faster a boat travels. As a boat goes faster it becomes more difficult to carry bigger, fuller, soft luffed sails like a code zero. 

In the case of the other three teams, this means that they don’t fly it a lot. However, INEOS is is the fortunate position of having a hull shape that’s so incredibly slow that they can fly their code zero almost all the time. 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, Xlot said:

BA still needs a nanny?

:P:P

On 6/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, Xlot said:

. INEOS Team UK will bring in a total of 86 workers and 128 family members and one nanny. 

BA still needs a nanny?

How many will be trying to claim Covid asylum after the racing finishes?? 

On 6/13/2020 at 12:27 PM, barfy said:

Yor toofucking sensitive.

:lol:

That's actually fucking hilarious, "in hind sight I had symptoms". Wow what a P.O.S.

Gets exception to enter NZ, doesn't tell them they are sick, goes to a large funeral with plenty of people, then tests positive to covid.

Why were these people not tested before?

our conditions use a high level of trust and responcibility

those conditions are changing fast

the family has requested privacy

saves the run on buying rope i suppose

1 hour ago, darth reapius said:

That's actually fucking hilarious, "in hind sight I had symptoms". Wow what a P.O.S.

Gets exception to enter NZ, doesn't tell them they are sick, goes to a large funeral with plenty of people, then tests positive to covid.

Why were these people not tested before?

Didn't go to large funeral - exemption specially bans them from attendance.

Small point in the grand scheme of the fuck up though.

6 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

My bad, article I read stated they had been on contact with people at the funeral.

And yeah, minor point, we haven't had a community case in months here, because anyone entering the state is put into a quarantine hotel and is tested for 2 weeks before they can actually interact with anyone.

5 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Probably small point in the grand scheme. If..they didn't stop share spit on the way to went welly, if they did contact tracing as would be expected for an exemption...not huge. If they didn't, they should spend their quarantine behind bars..and then some

13 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Get used to folk testing +....

What about the test 4 days before tho? I haven't followed enough.

Reckon 4 days before travel, once arrive, and 4 days after in quarantine is a good process..or some such

This is a succinct and classic example of how people will put their own personal wants ahead of doing the right thing. 

This is why strict measures need enforcement. Not in Trump like style, or trust honouring measures.

It's the 1% (or 0.00001%) who fuck it up for everyone else. 

27 minutes ago, Xlot said:

So, INEOS will be flying down both boats, too

What the fuck do you do with two of these beasts? 

As I've said many times,imho te aihe will never see the light of the waitemata, it's a dinosaur. Wtf is Ben thinking dragging that pos b1 all the way over here. 

Loozer 

16 minutes ago, barfy said:

As I've said many times,imho te aihe will never see the light of the waitemata, it's a dinosaur. Wtf is Ben thinking dragging that pos b1 all the way over here. 

Loozer 

Ben isn't a team player.  He is good in a Laser though.

28 minutes ago, barfy said:

Insurance. And boats being that light, there should be no extra charge on air freight

Let’s just hope the sight of Britannia doesn’t induce too many miscarriages

Not when you’re chartering the whole plane - so, it should be just the extra fuel related to the additional 8-10 tons

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forourselves said:

The funeral has been delayed until the two are out of isolation.

That's gonna be an awkward entrance.

10 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

We would very much like for NZ to start an application process to join the european union.

Oh yes indeed! Provided you change your flag (any of the finalists will do).  And this way the UK couldn’t sign a FTA with NZ :D 

10 hours ago, barfy said:

Get used to folk testing +....

What about the test 4 days before tho? I haven't followed enough.

Reckon 4 days before travel, once arrive, and 4 days after in quarantine is a good process..or some such

I've no issue with arrivals testing positive, as you point out it's unavoidable.

But I struggle with the "one job” officials had in this case and they managed to fuck it up.

Hopefully we have escaped with just a scary lesson this time. The officials involved should count themselves lucky if don't lose their jobs.

Also disappointing to hear the of the other two individuals that did a runner after their exemptions, one was allowed to stay in some alternative arrangements. Laughable.

• Like 1

Just replicate the Airstream trailer used by the Apollo 11 crew and set on Hornet "+3"
They can visit the Hangar Deck today for ideas, no need to reinvent the wheel.

They entered, were there for a Month? Crane picked the whole thing up with the astronauts when the Carrier arrived home port.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rh3000 said:

disappointing to hear the of the other two individuals that did a runner after their exemptions, one was allowed to stay in some alternative arrangements. Laughable.

Now that case is a different kettle...just slipping away, instead of making a plan with officials and following it, just thumbing the nose.

Alternate arrangements should be solitary confinement for a year.

3 hours ago, rh3000 said:

The officials involved should count themselves lucky if don't lose their jobs.

They are Government employees, They can't lose their job, ask Indio.

its not that they cannot lose there jobs that's the major problem

its they cannot be held responsible for their fuk ups that's the real bottom line

we need to install accountability back to the snivel service .. they wanted parity with private enterprise .. they got it .. but that should have equal liability to their mistakes

• Like 1

FFS, has every thread now become a "NZ's Covid-19 virginity lost" thread?

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 10:52 PM, chesirecat said:

Is your "fast" from Laurie S?

I'm not sure that i follow but i'll go along and say sure why not

3 hours ago, RobG said:

FFS, has every thread now become a "NZ's Covid-19 virginity lost" thread?

fear not

the plastic surgeon is on hand and ready to repair all

On 6/16/2020 at 9:23 PM, barfy said:

Loozer 

Someone will pick Britannia up for a song.

It won't take a lot to convert it into a party barge for long weekends at Kawau. You leave work at 5.00pm, tow it up there at 30 knots with the mother ship and you're cooking fresh scallops for dinner in Mansion House Bay. Party all night on the barge and with self draining cockpits front & back for easy cleaning, slippery slides into the water and shallow draft for beaching, what's not to like?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NZL3481 said:

what's not to like?

How about.... It's fucking ugly.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 12:23 PM, barfy said:

Loozer 

He’s gotta spend the boss’s money somehow. 

On 6/17/2020 at 12:22 AM, phill_nz said:

its not that they cannot lose there jobs that's the major problem

its they cannot be held responsible for their fuk ups that's the real bottom line

we need to install accountability back to the snivel service .. they wanted parity with private enterprise .. they got it .. but that should have equal liability to their mistakes

Seems to happen worldwide. 

It's the natural balance of the universe, Mad (well, the capitalist bits anyway). i.e:

Civil servants are never accountable and all private equity losses are nationalised, while profits are privatised. Isn't that right, Barfy? (Sticking my neck out for another downvote here, but what the hell).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, buckdouger said:

Someone mentioned budget chatter.. can anyone elaborate here?

Here's the brief version of what I've heard;

Ratcliffe asked how much, they gave a figure, they spent that figure too quickly, thus came budget cuts and shore crew working insane hours and not being paid for the extra meant low morale and a lot of exits...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NZK said:

Ratcliffe asked how much, they gave a figure, they spent that figure too quickly, thus came budget cuts and shore crew working insane hours and not being paid for the extra meant low morale and a lot of exits...

But I bet the Bank of Ben is showing a healthy balance. ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NZK said:

This would be surprising, given Ben's experience in many ACs. One would think he'd have a good sense of both necessary budgets and managing burn-rates given the reasonably tight resources he's had to work with in the past.

But remind me, haven't there been changes at the top?

12 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

This would be surprising, given Ben's experience in many ACs. One would think he'd have a good sense of both necessary budgets and managing burn-rates given the reasonably tight resources he's had to work with in the past.

But remind me, haven't there been changes at the top?

Pretty damned hard to cost the burn rate of these wacky new fangled flying machines that are a quantum leap into the financial and design unknown.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

haven't there been changes at the top?

As CEO, Simmer is more likely to be in charge of budget allocations but yes, you can imagine how things like re-relocating may have had repercussions. 

56 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

As CEO, Simmer is more likely to be in charge of budget allocations but yes, you can imagine how things like re-relocating may have had repercussions. 

Returning the the UK was always on the cards, and the logistics of shipping from Italy to UK is hardly going to break the bank though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Pretty damned hard to cost the burn rate of these wacky new fangled flying machines that are a quantum leap into the financial and design unknown.

Fair point... you can manage burn rate, but won't feel comfortable protracting development to slow burn rate down if you feel like you are behind the curve... hmmmm...

1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

Returning the the UK was always on the cards, and the logistics of shipping from Italy to UK is hardly going to break the bank though?

Yeah, could be relatively small budget-wise. I have no idea about the grump posted above, about rumored shore-crew complaints, just guessing.

In hindsight though, I can imagine GBR wishing they’d stayed where they were so happily set up in Cagliari considering how LR already had (probably secret) moves underway to get back to sailing in near-idyllic conditions.

I’d be surprised if someone of Simmer’s calibre stuffed up the budget badly as is being suggested above.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

I’d be surprised if someone of Simmer’s calibre stuffed up the budget badly as is being suggested above.

Suggested with zero evidence.. 

37 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Suggested with zero evidence.. 

Do those rose tinted glasses come with a prescription?

I appreciate you have an affiliation(s) with one or more of the sailing team but this is far from a happy camp. There is sufficient evidence if one knows where to look but that is beside the point.

16 minutes ago, Racing Fast said:

I appreciate you have an affiliation(s) with one or more of the sailing team but this is far from a happy camp. There is sufficient evidence if one knows where to look but that is beside the point.

Then dear fellow you won’t mind sharing Your “sufficient evidence”with the group Will you as clearly not everyone is as well connected as your good self..  

Run along now 

2 hours ago, Racing Fast said:

It's called endless optimism, and undying support for sah bin.

7 minutes ago, barfy said:
2 hours ago, Racing Fast said:

Everybody needs a hobby :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, barfy said:

Not at all, it just tickles me that saying  “sufficient evidence” is enough  to prove something beyond all reasonable doubt.

an equally valid statement would be the kiwi boat is shit and they won’t win the AC as it’s fallen over? 

The kiwi boat isnt shit, 

but amusingly there is more proof that it did fall over than there is ”sufficient evidence” to support the claim from  RF 

• Like 1

Interesting that in the latest podcast with Shirley Robertson, Ben mentioned he had backing from a few big name$ Briti$h Yachting to fund the LR BAR team moving forward (Chris Bake, Irving Laidlaw, and others) and that when he reached his agreement with Jim that the way it was structured meant that Jim had to be the only financial partner and he called off the other funders saying basically "I'm good with this one guy!"

I bet he's quietly wishing that partner$hip was still viable right about now.

8 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Why? Has jim pulled his funding? 

With lock downs scattered around the world, there is less vehicle traffic so less demand for oil, the price of oil has dropped, at one stage the price was negative because there was no where to store it until production stopped.

Costume?

Togs? Bathers? Underwear? (no, too much information)

43 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Costume?

Togs? Bathers? Underwear? (no, too much information)

Nah this is the HB costume TC is referring to.

Not exactly waterproof but hey it’s a spiffing look.

2E98D8EB-C128-4426-9503-3BA7451462C6.thumb.jpeg.6b576aaeae530066c3b6d8293e430563.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

2E98D8EB-C128-4426-9503-3BA7451462C6.thumb.jpeg.6b576aaeae530066c3b6d8293e430563.jpeg

Hmmmm. Maybe a bit androgynous for my taste, Priscilla. But imagine the damage you could do to that costume, eating a messy Kiwi Burger. ;-)

29 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Hmmmm. Maybe a bit androgynous for my taste, Priscilla. But imagine the damage you could do to that costume, eating a messy Kiwi Burger. ;-)

TC linking sartorial lounge wear to fanging it in a Imoca 60 fair near made me piss myself.

5 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

With lock downs scattered around the world, there is less vehicle traffic so less demand for oil, the price of oil has dropped, at one stage the price was negative because there was no where to store it until production stopped.

So has Jim cut his funding? 
it’s a pretty simple question isn’t it? 

12 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

So has Jim cut his funding? 
it’s a pretty simple question isn’t it? 

And let’s not forget oil is only one part of the INEOS business. “Sufficient evidence” still seems a bit lacking.... still, wild speculation is the forum forte!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Priscilla said:

be a right fucking mess quaffing rum in an albino penquin suit

1 minute ago, 167149 said:

be a right fucking mess quaffing rum in an albino penquin suit

Teflon coated for when it all goes wrong, much like Ben. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Priscilla said:

It's Ray Bloody Purchase's Son

22 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Not at all, it just tickles me that saying  “sufficient evidence” is enough  to prove something beyond all reasonable doubt.

an equally valid statement would be the kiwi boat is shit and they won’t win the AC as it’s fallen over? 

The kiwi boat isnt shit, 

but amusingly there is more proof that it did fall over than there is ”sufficient evidence” to support the claim from  RF 

It's not "fall over". There seems to be scuttle butt about recent departures and malcontent in the camp. Which are difficult to rebut due to the professionalism of the team members. ( except for the Campbell interview...sorry OT). No one has fallen over..we'll know more soon when the Gulf had a bunch of boats are sailing in clearview of a Shit load of cameras.

I don't believe your amusement is justified,.team Ben has been rumored to have suffered damage, they did some cut and paste experiments to hull shape, and will bring b1 to sail.

Anyway, teams will get into NZ, the Match will happen on schedule, as the Italian guys say, soon there will be heaps of footage to base debate on rather than Shit talk.

Agreed when boats are actually sailing it will help calm down the conjecture (maybe) 

just waiting for @Racing Fast @nzk etc to actually stump up something in print/video confirming their “sufficient evidence” but it all seems a little quiet on that front... 

16 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

One of the reaons I wear a Hugo Boss costume and shirt.

This the the boat design they should have used in the AC.  That is a real mon-hull that can kick ass and handle any weather.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This the the boat design they should have used in the AC.  That is a real mon-hull that can kick ass and handle any weather.

Total unsuited to round the cans racing, Alchy. The autopilot would go dizzy! ;-)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Priscilla said:

TC linking sartorial lounge wear to fanging it in a Imoca 60 fair near made me piss myself.

You can

.k-BJXYyhY0mGmvown39srgfQssS1Y7o5KuQBBwXq8xSaPDLm6OnhUzBog5FfWN4YcNTX3YtIFIqaSBwuO0mlSRiQP6BOyye3JA34hmzdRB1bshW9ZaqnAEU.jpg.0760afa1202f8a61efc3e4e91463dffe.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You can

.k-BJXYyhY0mGmvown39srgfQssS1Y7o5KuQBBwXq8xSaPDLm6OnhUzBog5FfWN4YcNTX3YtIFIqaSBwuO0mlSRiQP6BOyye3JA34hmzdRB1bshW9ZaqnAEU.jpg.0760afa1202f8a61efc3e4e91463dffe.jpg

Is that really you TC crikey you should really invest in a Musto cat o log.

Can you clear up a bit of conjecture regarding your mast walk.

Large_RG030214450.thumb.jpeg.4c09710fe4789a04d0fc16990cd5ce2c.jpeg

yandy105216.jpg.d45e6b8560f4ad2ed1da8583baa0588c.jpg

Clip shows a dive whilst pic shows a jump.

Quite a long swim in a suit wearing sunglasses wow I am impressed.

3 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Is that really you TC crikey you should really invest in a Musto cat o log.

Can you clear up a bit of conjecture regarding your mast walk.

yandy105216.jpg.d45e6b8560f4ad2ed1da8583baa0588c.jpg

Clip shows a dive whilst pic shows a jump.

Quite a long swim in a suit wearing sunglasses wow I am impressed.

Photo of your best stunt prissy...

bit generous with the dive description

semi controlled tumble at best

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Photo clearly photoshopped.  He's too far away from the tip of the rig.

But then I suspect everyone knew that...

5 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Photo clearly photoshopped.  He's too far away from the tip of the rig.

But then I suspect everyone knew that...

Your stereo acuity in a 2d image is impressive. The crew in the boat are looking directly at him, so likely it's real. Separation occurs pretty quickly:

MastWalkDive.png.61da81a89070c03298d1ee3ee02d03a1.png

The mast was still a good 10 to 15 m above the water, it takes significant training to safely dive from that height. The mast would have been moving a lot, so very difficult to judge a dive. Likely a stunt man did the "dive" and Alex did the jump. There may have been multiple dives/jumps and what they show is a montage of the best they could cut together.

That ain't working, that's the way you do it, you're playing on your mainsheet on MTV. No, that ain't working, that's the way you do it...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Varan said:

That ain't working, that's the way you do it, you're playing on your mainsheet on MTV. No, that ain't working, that's the way you do it...

Love that song pumped up to the max..! :D