The Profit

Stars and Stripes Team USA is gone

Easy to get dolphins and hawks confused. They both fly after all. .;-)

On 5/6/2020 at 2:31 PM, Sailbydate said:

Easy to get dolphins and hawks confused. They both fly after all. .;-)

also pigs

• Like 1

America's Cup: Stars and Stripes Team USA struggling as Team New Zealand eye critical Auckland regatta

America's Cup challengers Stars and Stripes Team USA look in doubt once again, with Team New Zealand boss Grant Dalton describing their opponents as "hurt" and "struggling".

Stars and Stripes hit out against claims they would be withdrawing their challenge from the 36th America's Cup due to funding issues last month.

They made clear their intentions to contest for the Auld Mug in Auckland in 2021 in a statement which said they had "not withdrawn and had no plans to do so".

However, speaking on the Mike Hosking Breakfast, Dalton said he didn't have high hopes the US team would survive the financial hit of Covid-19.

"I know that the yard that was building their boat was commandeered to build PPE and that's hurt them," Dalton said. "I'm not sure at this point whether it's been released to go back to the building of the boat, but they're struggling.

"I wouldn't rate them as a high chance."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12331773

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

Dalton said. "I wouldn't rate them as a high chance."

Do ya quote Einstein ? :lol:

9 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

"I know that the yard that was building their boat was commandeered to build PPE and that's hurt them," Dalton said.

this may be the reason the plug was sent outdoors, floor space was at a premium

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

More seriously, why are they still on the official site ?Capture.PNG.37bb966fb4cfdeb45f239031bb9984c2.PNG

because they haven't officially pulled out or been kicked out so it's business as usual ... not hard to figure that one out :P

1 minute ago, Lickindip said:

because they haven't officially pulled out or been kicked out so it's business as usual ... not hard to figure that one out :P

Well... it clearly is for some... but no surprises there...

America's Cup: Stars and Stripes Team USA struggling as Team New Zealand eye critical Auckland regatta

By
nzherald.co.nz

America's Cup challengers Stars and Stripes Team USA look in doubt once again, with Team New Zealand boss Grant Dalton describing their opponents as "hurt" and "struggling".

Stars and Stripes hit out against claims they would be withdrawing their challenge from the 36th America's Cup due to funding issues last month.

They made clear their intentions to contest for the Auld Mug in Auckland in 2021 in a statement which said they had "not withdrawn and had no plans to do so".

However, speaking on the Mike Hosking Breakfast, Dalton said he didn't have high hopes the US team would survive the financial hit of Covid-19.

"I know that the yard that was building their boat was commandeered to build PPE and that's hurt them," Dalton said. "I'm not sure at this point whether it's been released to go back to the building of the boat, but they're struggling.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nzherald.co.nz%2Fresiz
  Mike Buckley and Taylor Canfield, co-founders of Stars and Stripes Team USA. Photo / Photosport

The America's Cup World Series has been heavily impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, with only the third and final regatta scheduled for Auckland in December still on the cards.

It's meant teams will only have one opportunity to scope out the competition.

Dalton said it was "absolutely critical" for Team New Zealand that the Auckland regatta went ahead.

"That's our only chance to get a look at our opposition," Dalton said.

Emirates Team New Zealand's Te Aihe, sailing through the Waitemata Harbour. Photo / Photosport

"We need that regatta. We didn't put ourselves in the challenger rounds like Oracle did last time to keep an eye on everybody to see if they were faster, we frankly don't believe that is the right way that the Cup should be run so this will be our only way of seeing where we check-in."

Dalton remained optimistic of Team New Zealand's campaign.

He said he believed next year's America's Cup would be won by the team best able to adapt to the current global situation, with high hopes around Team New Zealand's ability to do so.

"Sport is about winning and losing and being able to adapt," he said. "Because of Covid-19 and the disruption of all teams, the team that can adapt, keep its feet on the ground, its head out of the clouds and not panic is going to do the best.

"As Kiwis, we are quite good at that. Team New Zealand has been damn good at that."

14 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

^^ Why don't you blame the italians as usual, you know, the CoR :)

• Like 1

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

blame them for what? I see no reason to kick S&S out.

If you suggest they weren't ready for the prelim regatta's then you would have to kick everyone out as no-one made it to a start line.

S&S would be stupid to carry on wasting time and effort knowing that they won't be allowed to enter ... it's practical and sensible to think that S&S and the evert coordinators have come to some sort of arrangement.

S&S are entered ... weather they make the start line is a different discussion

29 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

blame them for what? I see no reason to kick S&S out.

If you suggest they weren't ready for the prelim regatta's then you would have to kick everyone out as no-one made it to a start line.

S&S would be stupid to carry on wasting time and effort knowing that they won't be allowed to enter ... it's practical and sensible to think that S&S and the evert coordinators have come to some sort of arrangement.

S&S are entered ... weather they make the start line is a different discussion

Here we go. An arrangement is for mutual benefits, what are Dalt's ones ?

i dont think it has got anything to do with Dalt's

"52.1 This Protocol may be amended at any time by mutual agreement of RNZYS and the Challenger of Record."

RNZYS gets another entry fee and they look good having more competitors

CoR ... now as you say ... what is their benefit?

5 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

i dont think it has got anything to do with Dalt's

"52.1 This Protocol may be amended at any time by mutual agreement of RNZYS and the Challenger of Record."

RNZYS gets another entry fee and they look good having more competitors

CoR ... now as you say ... what is their benefit?

This is what I think,  did they announce a minimum of 4 participants to somebody ? we won't know.

1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

The PPE job might actually be paying cash money. I was under the impression boatbuilding was stalled due to lack of funds to pay more? But commandeered is a good excuse.

This is psycho. Why if they have sponsors are they secret sponsors?  Unless it is LE planning to beat NYYC or Elon Musk (selling his mansions to fund the campaign before he goes to Mars), don't sponsors like to be named. Was it Epstein?

1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Yeah, why did they interview GD instead of PB? And why did GD say anything at all instead of referring them to the CoR? ETNZ has "nothing to do with the challengers". Heh.

TC - you'll remember in the other thread where I laid all this bare months ago that the AC36 Economic Impact projections were built around (from what I recall) 9-11 participating teams on the high end, with 6 being the floor where it would become untenable financially. This is what was used to generate all that public money - and was actually re-done because even the Kiwis themselves saw that those initial numbers were complete BS (which is surprising). Just look back at these reports and the PR around that time. It was ridiculous.

So, hundreds of millions later, we're now at 5 teams listed on their site - and only 4 realistically in the mix. It's perfectly clear who has long had the incentive to get S&S to the line - as Clownwell guaranteed would happen. And the head of that "who" was quoted multiple times above.

I actually think what we're seeing now is the Emiratis using the COVID-19 thing as a "get out of jail free" card. This way they can cease under-the-table funding and support of S&S, finally throwing them under the bus, and turn to blaming the pandemic for the spectacular failure of their "promised" event, along with the hundreds of millions of public dollars wasted on an empty waterfront with a couple of container bases. Hey, no one saw that coming (except for everyone except the Kiwis).

At least this cuts down on the cheating. That's always a good thing.

1 hour ago, smackdaddy said:

Yeah, why did they interview GD instead of PB? And why did GD say anything at all instead of referring them to the CoR? ETNZ has "nothing to do with the challengers". Heh.

TC - you'll remember in the other thread where I laid all this bare months ago that the AC36 Economic Impact projections were built around (from what I recall) 9-11 participating teams on the high end, with 6 being the floor where it would become untenable financially. This is what was used to generate all that public money - and was actually re-done because even the Kiwis themselves saw that those initial numbers were complete BS (which is surprising). Just look back at these reports and the PR around that time. It was ridiculous.

So, hundreds of millions later, we're now at 5 teams listed on their site - and only 4 realistically in the mix. It's perfectly clear who has long had the incentive to get S&S to the line - as Clownwell guaranteed would happen. And the head of that "who" was quoted multiple times above.

I actually think what we're seeing now is the Emiratis using the COVID-19 thing as a "get out of jail free" card. This way they can cease under-the-table funding and support of S&S, finally throwing them under the bus, and turn to blaming the pandemic for the spectacular failure of their "promised" event, along with the hundreds of millions of public dollars wasted on an empty waterfront with a couple of container bases. Hey, no one saw that coming (except for everyone except the Kiwis).

At least this cuts down on the cheating. That's always a good thing.

You really need to put the pipe down and get some help...

" i never exhaled "

11 hours ago, Lickindip said:

image.thumb.png.0d0e95e51a35a8ccb13566de1d37355c.png

tanklift-thumb-570x370-122303.jpg.15f5ef200f3e11745732c9aca3d6c557.jpg

(Rick Beyer/Hatcher Graduate Library)

12 hours ago, Ncik said:

Late to the party but...did a satellite spot something real? Looks like hull halves.

image.png.3a1c2fd90a19658c9ffea2cbdfe9e5a1.png

Looks like a pretty crude design.

16 hours ago, Ncik said:

Late to the party but...did a satellite spot something real? Looks like hull halves.

promising, but not long enough. google says the typical parking space is 9 feet wide, so even then those are 10' wide spaces, it's around 10' short.

3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

1:44 - Finally a clear admission

6:10 - Another admission (that highlights the ridiculousness of having S&S still on the AC site) - but what of Clownwell's guarantee?

7:10 - Back to 1:44 above?

7:12 - Where is our public money? Ahhhhmmmm...we've cut budgets (after he just said they've hired new boatbuilding staff?)

9:29 - We screwed up and shot ourselves in our little Kiwi foot.

10:11 - We are losing even more money with the free-to-air thing  - which we think is a very good decision. Whaaaaa?

10:27 - No one is coming.

So, in reality, we're hemorrhaging cash, we need more, but we can't provide any return on what you've already given us...nor on what you'll give us now. Great business plan. Heh.

11:03 - He tries to backtrack on the above - because, We need more cash. And it goes to hell from there - not aligning with any of the above.

12;20 - No problem here. (The KiWhingersTM will be pleased as punch.)

Yep, great interview. Heh.

^ Actually, I thought it was pretty good, listened to it twice.

The headlines were about S+S but he was answering a Q about them and dealt well that subject well enough - and briefly enough!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Looks like a pretty crude design.

19 hours ago, Ncik said:

Deck plug.

18 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

^ Actually, I thought it was pretty good, listened to it twice.

The headlines were about S+S but he was answering a Q about them and dealt well that subject well enough - and briefly enough!

It was actually pretty informative. Thanks for posting.

19 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Hahaha, that is pure bull sh*t, whether or not the yard is building PPE or not, they have not been building that boat for almost a year now. 

46 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hahaha, that is pure bull sh*t, whether or not the yard is building PPE or not, they have not been building that boat for almost a year now. 

Did they get past building the plug?

We at least got the PPE thing from Dalts, isn’t that new to us? He must have heard it from ‘Sure, let’s do lunch on Monday’ Mike B.

22 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Dalt’s statement about the yard building the boat is completely false. No work has been done in the boat in months and that has nothing to do with Covid

3 minutes ago, Joe Merchant said:

Dalt’s statement about the yard building the boat is completely false. No work has been done in the boat in months and that has nothing to do with Covid

Hey sock... are you saying that the boat yard wasn't being used to make PPE?

22 hours ago, Lickindip said:

this may be the reason the plug was sent outdoors, floor space was at a premium

I know the owner of the building and this is completely false. PPE is not being manufactured at the yard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

Hey sock... are you saying that the boat yard wasn't being used to make PPE?

I can 100% say that the facility where the hull was to be made is not making PPE. They are making tons of other cool Carbon stuff...

5 minutes ago, Joe Merchant said:

I know the owner of the building and this is completely false. PPE is not being manufactured at the yard. 

The places that have been "compelled" to make PPE would not include a small manufacturing facility like this.

1 hour ago, Joe Merchant said:

I think most everyone (except the Kiwis) knows, or at least strongly suspects, this. And it points back to what I said earlier - it's in ETNZ's interest to have S&S stay in. So it seems GD is spinning yarns to try to make that happen.

Again, who knows for sure - but this very contradictory interview didn't do much to dispel the notion.

If S+S (is it just Buckley now or is Canfield spinning too now that he has time?) Keeps saying they are in the Cup and people keep believing them, some psychotherapy or indictments will be needed in mid 2021.

• Like 1

I wonder who Dalts is willing to make believe that this farce is true, the team, the boat, the PPE. 

2 hours ago, accnick said:

The places that have been "compelled" to make PPE would not include a small manufacturing facility like this.

And who'd trust PPE made in a dusty composites factory. I sure as shit wouldn't.

• Like 1

it could make the front frame for the face shield quite easily

1 hour ago, Ncik said:

And who'd trust PPE made in a dusty composites factory. I sure as shit wouldn't.

I've worked in composites facilities that would be cleaner than your kitchen bench at home.

40 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

I've worked in composites facilities that would be cleaner than your kitchen bench at home.

true

grp large scale can get messy but most composite places are spotless .. because of the contamination problems .. and the price they charge to get it right .. every time

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

Care to share any evidence of this

was produced on the boat stopped altogether or was the fabrication passed so someone else, your comment is a little vague.

11 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

was produced on the boat stopped altogether or was the fabrication passed so someone else, your comment is a little vague.

Where is your evidence that they are? They have been supposedly been building this thing for over a year and there is nothing.

49 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Where is your evidence that they are? They have been supposedly been building this thing for over a year and there is nothing.

Wasn't there that warped wobbly pic?

58 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

I never claimed they were continuing the build, quite frankly I haven't seen any proof either way other than the photos in this thread ... I was merely inquiring as to what info was backing their claim. just typing "I know the owner of the building" is about as good as me typing "I've seen the Lord Jesus"

On 5/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, Lickindip said:

I can confirm 100%, nothing has been done to complete the plug  or the deck in 10 months. Usually when there are issues between boat builders and owners it has to do with money. Maybe someone should ask Buckley?  Do you have any money?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

I'm a bit surprised no one has posted this here yet. More "details" on the front page.

ac-751.jpg

Was posted May 3rd :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

Was posted May 3rd :-)

Haha ... geez I'm an arse - only a month behind! Good to see the editors of this fine site are as on to it as I am :D

Have the full S+S team filed their visa paperwork for entry to NZ, explaining the significant economic activity that will result (or whatever the criteria are )?8

On 6/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, NeedAClew said:

Have the full S+S team filed their visa paperwork for entry to NZ, explaining the significant economic activity that will result (or whatever the criteria are )?8

S-S are so tight with Dalts that he was able to get them visas at the height of the lockdown, the whole team is in AKL having finished their quarantine. This is why they have been so quiet in the press as to not piss off the other teams who can't get in. They are just waiting for their boat to arrive so they can commence 2 boat testing with TNZ. Dalts reports that the builder in MI is going to finish the boat ASAP as soon as they are done making PPE as they have been since being 'commandeered' to do so in April of 2019 when they stopped working on the AC75.

• Like 6

^cool!  By the time NYYC shows up, S+S will not only know the local waters and courses, they will be embedded in the local community and can get hired (mistaken for locals after dialogue coaching by GD)  for casual work on the NYYC base. Hey, who's to say what gets discussed in bars after work, while NYYC head back to their iso enclave.

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

S-S are so tight with Dalts that he was able to get them visas at the height of the lockdown, the whole team is in AKL having finished their quarantine. This is why they have been so quiet in the press as to not piss off the other teams who can't get in. They are just waiting for their boat to arrive so they can commence 2 boat testing with TNZ. Dalts reports that the builder in MI is going to finish the boat ASAP as soon as they are done making PPE as they have been since being 'commandeered' to do so in April of 2019 when they stopped working on the AC75.

the boat did arrive, it's sitting outside ETNZs base ready to be unpacked.

They're still in. GD said so...

958472111_ScreenShot2020-06-04at6_00_48PM.png.fe4d0249e8e08902edd82ab1a7a28683.png

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

Come on, look at the calendar, it's not April 1st....although it is pretty funny. If they are in NZ, all two (probably one by now) of them, then just ship the dumpster over and assemble....

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

And when the AM guys don't get their entry into NZ, the S+S guyswill emerge from the shadows, hijack the AM boat and finally make the start line after all.

• Like 1

The Emiratis will sue.

^Oh no! Then they will have to pay storage costs for the unfinished boat in Michigan when they win.  Only asset. 

On 5/13/2020 at 7:39 PM, phill_nz said:

Horrible publicity photograph.

The scowling, crossed-arms, dark-clad, thuggish pose was an incredibly poor choice. Who wants to support people who wilfully look like that?

1 hour ago, Svanen said:

The scowling, crossed-arms, dark-clad, thuggish pose was an incredibly poor choice. Who wants to support people who wilfully look like that?

First thoughts were it was a tag team post on Grindr but in reality it is a very popular pose in the USA.

1140789760_https___www.nzherald_co.nz_resizer_JxmLIlXfAokllP4NsEhViZXatQY_1440x960_smart_filters_qua-ges.arcpublishing_com_nzme_XWENAWDYRNGBPPEW2UIL4UPF4E.thumb.jpg.7bca7e80104e93f9e2f130f712bd0bca.jpg

5b88e5e82000007e0937af90.jpeg.bc4ec8b265e05ca5b5178d6b8a541031.jpeg

1 hour ago, Svanen said:

Pretty sure 5 million people (at least) supported/ support this guy.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR641V0r5aAZ3SRjV1UM-

35 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

5b88e5e82000007e0937af90.jpeg.bc4ec8b265e05ca5b5178d6b8a541031.jpeg

Oh, be fair, the Orange one is just struggling to fill his nappy more than he usually does........ Bit of Constipation always after Taco Tuesday. He gets them flown in over "The Wall" by jet, or at least they will cross "The Wall" (Paid for by Mexico) when it gets built........

Wait to see the Look of uncertainty on his Tangerine Face after Thirsty Thursday, becuase there's no way in Hell (USA) he would be doing Dry July.......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Pretty sure 5 million people (at least) supported/ support this guy.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR641V0r5aAZ3SRjV1UM-

Whatever floats your boat. Too bad you only showed him from the waist up, but I can guess what kit he has on below  to complete his butch look:

s-l1000.jpg

On 7/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Svanen said:

Whatever floats your boat. Too bad you only showed him from the waist up, but I can guess what kit he has on below  to complete his butch look:

s-l1000.jpg

I’m guessing your search history on google brings up a few questions....

• Like 1

reminds me of the sights at central station and kings cross station

the morning after the gay and lesbian mardi gras parade

Maybe S+S is part of the financial/managerial improprieties alleged to have been done by AC event mgmt?

7 hours ago, Monkey said:

I’m guessing your search history on google brings up a few questions....

I bet he gets some interesting popup ads

6 minutes ago, CaptainGigi said:

NZME has obtained a copy of allegedly damning evidence, which ETNZ wants blocked, and not made public.

NZME own NZHerald and 1ZB talk-back radio, both outfits big on sensationalism and short on credible reporting. They were leaked confidential information which they have no right to have, and the High Court will slap a full restraining order on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

Maybe S+S is part of the financial/managerial improprieties alleged to have been done by AC event mgmt?

ETNZ is the racing representative of the RNZYS (holders of the America's Cup) who issues invitations and accepts Challenges for AC36 - ETNZ have nothing to do with any "deals" for any of the Challengers.

27 minutes ago, CaptainGigi said:

The courts will decide, but your question came to mind, too. NZME has obtained a copy of damning evidence, which ETNZ wants blocked, and not made public.

The case was #7 and the last on the court docket today before The Hon. Justice Moore:

• CIV2020-404-1033: AMERICA’S CUP EVENT LIMITED v NZME PUBLISHING LIMITED & ANOR (D Salmon) (M Heard) | For Review—Interim Orders

In my day, the results of the hearing would have been filed with the News Desk within hours. Nowadays, it's anyone's guess when the readers will get the information. Or if they ever will.

Anything NZME has “obtained” was gained unlawfully and will never be admissible in court. You can’t go to a court and say “I have evidence, I stole it, but it’s still evidence” that’s the kind of shit that will sink a court case.

2 minutes ago, CaptainGigi said:

Forourselves, I repeat, "I don't presume to second guess what the courts will do, but in my mind, things don't seem to be kosher, 'deals' notwithstanding. I still smell a rat in the woodpile."

Here’s a question. If ETNZ/ ACE are exonerated from these allegations, will you be convinced? Or just continue smelling rats in woodpiles?

28 minutes ago, CaptainGigi said:

Like The Hon. Justice Moore said, I reserve my judgment until the facts reveal themselves. In the meantime, that rat in the woodpile? It's still there, not moving, but I know it won't go away anytime soon. Rats are like that, you know.

Yeah there’s one in here that won’t go away either.

16 hours ago, CaptainGigi said:

Like The Hon. Justice Moore said, I reserve my judgment until the facts reveal themselves. In the meantime, that rat in the woodpile? It's still there, not moving, but I know it won't go away anytime soon. Rats are like that, you know.

You must have a very heightened sense of smell:)...some covid-19 victims claim to lose theirs as one of the side-effects of the infection.

wasnt there an incentive for four challengers? seems they have only three....

6 minutes ago, 2" of fury said:

wasnt there an incentive for four challengers? seems they have only three....

The Host Venue Agreement puts it as 4 ‘Competitors’ iirc. 

But yes, S&S could be beholden to ETNZ somehow, still.

17 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The Host Venue Agreement puts it as 4 ‘Competitors’ iirc. 

But yes, S&S could be beholden to ETNZ somehow, still.

Unless I'm missing something, the HVA doesn't specify a number of competitors - just that those competitors who do show need to be in the reporting.

However, the Economic Assessment said that 6 challengers was the low end of financial viability. So according to that study and where we are now - this thing is a financial dumpster fire with only 3 challengers with temp bases and skeleton personnel, virtually no superyachts, no crowds, no lucrative broadcast deals, etc.

It's kind of hard to watch actually.

• Like 1

Yes, it could be a financial dumpster fire. No wonder there’s a Kiwi S-fight going on in court. They usually find externals to blame as the unifying enemy but this is getting personal now, yikes! 

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yes, it could be a financial dumpster fire. No wonder there’s a Kiwi S-fight going on in court. They usually find externals to blame as the unifying enemy but this is getting personal now, yikes! 

Yeah - I think that's what is behind all this. It's definitely a sinking ship. And as much as I truly love the schadenfreude of it all for the KiWhingersTM around here, I honestly don't wish it on actual people.

Maybe the Emiratis will win the thing and at least provide some level of comfort to their country. If they don't - the fire is just getting started I think - and it could burn absolutely everything to the ground.

At least the Kiwi sailors themselves can always be a part of SailGP. Heh.

:D

I do hope AC36 runs well but it’ll be a downscaled thing, obviously. 

Interesting sidelines but it's quite obvious the S&S challenge is a dead horse, no money, no boat, no future.  You heard it here first folks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Interesting sidelines but it's quite obvious the S&S challenge is a dead horse, no money, no boat, no future.  You heard it here first folks.

S&S could have gone to the corrupt dotard in the WH for sponsorship, so he can then proclaim to be the best most beautiful America's Cup winner in history.

Trump4.jpg.b0bda1696ce6fb3350d6d75323ec7db5.jpg

Even in sailing we can't get away from the Political Lunatics

Money talks and bullshit walks.

19 hours ago, Indio said:

S&S could have gone to the corrupt dotard in the WH for sponsorship, so he can then proclaim to be the best most beautiful America's Cup winner in history.

Trump4.jpg.b0bda1696ce6fb3350d6d75323ec7db5.jpg

22 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Yeah - I think that's what is behind all this. It's definitely a sinking ship. And as much as I truly love the schadenfreude of it all for the KiWhingersTM around here, I honestly don't wish it on actual people.

Maybe the Emiratis will win the thing and at least provide some level of comfort to their country. If they don't - the fire is just getting started I think - and it could burn absolutely everything to the ground.

At least the Kiwi sailors themselves can always be a part of SailGP. Heh.

You guys really are going to be disappointed when this blows over and ETNZ just gets back to business as usual....oh they already have.... lol B)