Salty Seacock

Emirates Team New Zealand.

13 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is getting silly.  Wasn't NZ the first one to purposely sail near AM?  They even wrote it up in the paper how NZ was "taunting" AM.  Look at the number of times where the NZ test boat went looking for Defiant.

as quoted in your article:

American Magic insisted they had never sailed in a coordinated manner with another team.

“All on-water encounters with other competitors (including those initiated by the defender) have been impromptu, casual, brief in nature and never ‘co-ordinated,” was the American response.

Now that a few of the other boats are sailing around and NZ is not involved, it is now a problem?  You can't stop them from constantly sizing each other up.  No body knows how much sandbagging is taking place.

I'm not quite sure what your issue with.  ETNZ hasn't protested anyone, they have just asked the panel etc... to clarify exactly what is likely to constitute an infringement.  This seems much better than letting it be and then trying to have someone penalised or diqualified for it later on.

• Like 4

There’s a chance that the reason ETNZ raised the issue is because of their concern that Challs will ‘race each other up’ while excluding ETNZ the opportunity to be involved. 

Being the Defender is definitely tough, this is an example of it especially as a one-boat defense. 

Well that coordinated sailing tripe wont be aimed at ineos seeing as most people think the boats shit and not worth bothering with. 

Surely to prove coordination and premedication  grumpy grant would need to be in possession of email or voice Comms planning and agreeing it 

and yeah sending your little boat out to fuck with AM to get an idea of pace etc is a deliberate and pre planned dick move   ( but of course  within the rules) 

50 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

It got silly when the Challengers defender tried (and failed) to eliminate ETNZ's give itself home ground advantage by removing not allowing challengers to race on the spectator friendly courses where they want to run the AC races.

FIFY

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Well that coordinated sailing tripe wont be aimed at ineos seeing as most people think the boats shit and not worth bothering with. 

Surely to prove coordination and premedication  grumpy grant would need to be in possession of email or voice Comms planning and agreeing it 

and yeah sending your little boat out to fuck with AM to get an idea of pace etc is a deliberate and pre planned dick move   ( but of course  within the rules) 

Chill out dude. It has always been in the rules. I makes perfect sense to clarify for everyone involved.

Another attack by ETNZ at ‘all the haters’ can only improve the team’s bunker-mentality motivation, right? :) 

19 minutes ago, SimonN said:
  1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

It got silly complicated when the Challengers defender  Port tried (and failed) to eliminate ETNZ's give itself home ground advantage stepped in by removing not allowing challengers anyone to race on the spectator friendly courses where they want to run the AC races  during the preliminaries. The COR (on behalf of all teams) agreed with that at the time.

FIFY

FIFY properly.

• Like 2

Just now, weta27 said:

FIFY properly.

If we really were trying to fix it, surely it would say that while nobody could race on that course during the preliminaries, ETNZ could train on it when the others couldn't. That gave ETNZ an advantage, one that they recognised when writing and agreeing to the original protocol. 

I don't really believe that ETNZ did anything to put themselves in an advantageous position and I don't believe the port was trying to do that either. However, the effect of what the port wanted to impose did give ETNZ an advantage.

Cracks me up!  So ETNZ formally asks for the interpretation of a rule BEFORE any protests have been made and suddenly we have a new conspiracy theory on our hands.  Seems like common sense to me.  Now everyone knows where they stand.  The rule is less ambiguous.  Just like any judicial setting - the laws are made by one party (Government) and then the Judiciary interprets and applies the law as it was intended.  End of story.  Well anywhere but here it would be!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SimonN said:

That gave ETNZ an advantage, one that they recognised when writing and agreeing to the original protocol.

ETNZ didn't anticipate that the Port (Harbourmaster) was going to stop them using Courses B & C for the preliminaries.

As originally intended, the challengers had the advantage of racing on those courses while ETNZ couldn't race or train on them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, uflux said:

Chill out dude. It has always been in the rules. I makes perfect sense to clarify for everyone involved.

Tongue firmly in cheek when I wrote it, due to the ridiculousness of it all 

9 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Tongue firmly in cheek when I wrote it, due to the ridiculousness of it all 

Sorry over my head :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

You carry a little weight with TE, can you get him to just let the guest finish their point before he interrupts and changes the subject.  It was very frustrating to be intently listing to the design comments and then have TE jump in.  At times TE is reading comments instead of listening to the guest, so he doesn't know when he is messing up.

My impressions are that it’s not about the guest...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SimonN said:

FIFY

The Port didn’t try to do anything. They simply wrote a letter restricting usage of the courses during the specified time period. It was LR (representing all Challengers of course) that went to arbitration seeking removal of the courses. And it was ETNZ that facilitated the resolution.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

We did have a brief chat after the show, he called for my reaction since he knew how much I’d been looking forward to him inviting Britt on. I basically gave TE an encouraging thumbs-up. 

Truth is, his show attracts a broad range of viewers that are not as hard-core AC-wise as most of us here and the format he runs works well for that larger group. I have been disappointed at moments in previous shows (like the most recent TH one) but think that he gave Britt good latitude in this one. He did the same whenBernasconi joined for a show. Good enough! 

TE has passed 350 shows on his Sailing Illustrated series, a Herculanean endeavor. All good fun! He’s gotten really good at it. 

Hey, I appreciate the work he is doing and allowing us to have access to the guests.  It is not really a mater of the discussion getting too technical, but a matter of listen more and allowing his guest to finish what they are saying.  With some interviewers, like Shirley Robertson, you feel like they get so much more out of their guest.  With TE I feel like at times he tends to get in the way of the guest.  It is an art that takes practice.

2 hours ago, weta27 said:

ETNZ didn't anticipate that the Port (Harbourmaster) was going to stop them using Courses B & C for the preliminaries.

As originally intended, the challengers had the advantage of racing on those courses while ETNZ couldn't race or train on them.

Weta27, I hate to get into this all again.  

I suspect that you are right that NZ didn't anticipate the Port would stop them, but it is obvious that NZ didn't do anything to correct the issue.  Not until NZ were forced to comply with similar restrictions, then they scrambled to get it changed.  It is really disingenuous to claim that NZ was completely innocent.

• Like 1

ETNZ didn't do anything to correct the issue because they understood the Challengers were  Ok with the situation. 

When the CoR said they weren't happy, ETNZ went back to the Port, but in the meantime offered to ban themselves from those courses during the preliminaries, which the CoR still wasn't happy with.

Seems really disingenuous to me to turn that into ETNZ trying to work some kind of advantage for themselves.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Is there a more "nautical" version of Auckland weather than http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/locations/auckland?    Seeing wind quoted in kph is somehow...  too metric!

I always use the app Windy.  When I use it fishing and compare actual against it - it is normally really spot on.  Sources realtime and predictive data from a number of sources.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

I always use the app Windy.  When I use it fishing and compare actual against it - it is normally really spot on.  Sources realtime and predictive data from a number of sources.

Thanks!  :)

10 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Thanks!  :)

https://www.windy.com/?-36.851,174.768,5

Tricky though applying it to the courses as each has its own nuances especially at sea level.  For example Rangitoto has an impact on four of the courses if the wind is coming from the North through North-East.

It also picks up actual wind reports from various land stations but I'm not sure of the accuracy of them as I think some are hobby home weather systems.

1 minute ago, Kate short for Bob said:

I've already saved the link for Auckland:  https://www.windy.com/?-38.026,175.243,7

Now I need to see if they have a param in the URL to set it to auto-zoom into the AC courses area - and ask them to add the Courses overlay.  :lol:

24 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Is there a more "nautical" version of Auckland weather than http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/locations/auckland?    Seeing wind quoted in kph is somehow...  too metric!

Here is the metservice marine version  https://www.metservice.com/marine/recreational/locations/waitemata it's scary looking at the wellington town and city in KPH with gusts often with 3 digits 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxHugen said:

Now I need to see if they have a param in the URL to set it to auto-zoom into the AC courses area - and ask them to add the Courses overlay.  :lol:

Good luck with that!  BUT they may actually buy into it because the app has a subscription service and it wouldn't actually be hard to do!

5 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

I've already saved the link for Auckland:  https://www.windy.com/?-38.026,175.243,7

Actually you might be able to do it yourself as you can sort of create your own layer.  I'll check and get back to you.

8 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Actually you might be able to do it yourself as you can sort of create your own layer.  I'll check and get back to you.

That would be excellent if you can!  I think there would also be plenty of others interested.

BTW, has anyone got any info on the course layout and legs?  I've heard that they are changing the first leg from the starting line re wind direction, from a reach to... something else. Also don't know how many upwind/downwind legs there will be, the typical leg distances, etc.

Just now, MaxHugen said:

That would be excellent if you can!  I think there would also be plenty of others interested.

Shall we take this conversation to personal message?  There is a way of doing it quite easily.  There are various plugins available that do a similar thing to what you are looking for.  For example there is a plugin that overlays all the international and domestic airspaces for planes.  I guess it wouldn't be that hard to do it for the courses given we know the co-ordinates and dimensions.

6 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Actually I don't think Windy will suit your needs if you are looking for real-time data as the data is not updated in real-time.  It is updated twice a day for the free subscription and 4 times a day for the paid.  The granularity of the data is also different - 3 hours for free and hourly for paid.

They have it a bit wrong on the crew transfers during manoeuvres....But points for trying I guess :mellow:

9 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Shall we take this conversation to personal message?  There is a way of doing it quite easily.  There are various plugins available that do a similar thing to what you are looking for.  For example there is a plugin that overlays all the international and domestic airspaces for planes.  I guess it wouldn't be that hard to do it for the courses given we know the co-ordinates and dimensions.

Sure, PM is fine, then we won't annoy anyone who considers it "off-topic". Perhaps someone has already created a "plug-in"?

I'm only after general wind info, not real time data - I'm hardly sophisticated enough to cope with that. Nor does the budget permit it anyway.

21 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Sure, PM is fine, then we won't annoy anyone who considers it "off-topic". Perhaps someone has already created a "plug-in"?

I'm only after general wind info, not real time data - I'm hardly sophisticated enough to cope with that. Nor does the budget permit it anyway.

Yep not too hard to do it.  I'll create an overlay file for you and send it to you.'

I just drew freehand the following course and uploaded as an overlay on Windy - not accurate just a test to see if it was easy to do.  It is.  You can see the forecast wind flowing across the course.

image.png.39abecfca9932a082c7d651d65fa3370.png

• Like 2

They need a course "M" that crosses the Manukau harbour entrance... with exclusive use for the challengers, so there's no complaining...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Yep not too hard to do it.  I'll create an overlay file for you and send it to you.'

I just drew freehand the following course and uploaded as an overlay on Windy - not accurate just a test to see if it was easy to do.  It is.  You can see the forecast wind flowing across the course.

image.png.39abecfca9932a082c7d651d65fa3370.png

Did a quick 30 sec search on Windy Plugins, found this: http://community.windy.com/topic/9250/list-of-finished-windy-plugins

If you can figure this out nicely, and "publish (?)" it,  you'll become a valued member of the SAACC* team!!!

*Sailing Anarchy America's Cup Challenge

2 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

If you can figure this out nicely, and "publish (?)" it,  you'll become a valued member of the SAACC* team!!!

I've figured it out.  Just getting it accurate.  LOL I doubt I'll ever be a valued member!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Oh look at that.....there are crew swapping sides when there is a very high apparent wind.  Who would have thought...........

They were changing sides at low apparent winds too. What’s your point?

Just now, Ex-yachtie said:

They were changing sides at low apparent winds too. What’s your point?

Well some SA punters inferred that at high apparent wind it was dangerous and will cause unnecessary windage.  Therefore they wouldn't be changing sides.

Thought you lot might like a rumor. Take it for what it is. A friend who is the father of someone very well connected to the Auckland sailing scene told me this today.

Team UK is well off the pace and is running out of foil allocations. Prada is the fastest of the challengers and Team NZ is a step above at the moment.

Could be lies conjecture or otherwise but fun all the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Apterix said:

Has anyone tried to download AIS tracking data from Global ship tracking?  image.thumb.png.61bce086b165cd4fd52d0993223a12d3.png 

I have only find these:

1023900839_ScreenShot2020-11-25at11_20_30PM.png.7ebd6d28f3e5029d1c635b52ca40e0ca.png

Bar 4 is their old test boat.  You used to be able to see the past tracks for the AM boats, but now they seem to have turned them off.  Do not know the NZ or LR support boats.

15 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

I have only find these:

1023900839_ScreenShot2020-11-25at11_20_30PM.png.7ebd6d28f3e5029d1c635b52ca40e0ca.png

Bar 4 is their old test boat.  You used to be able to see the past tracks for the AM boats, but now they seem to have turned them off.  Do not know the NZ or LR support boats.

Its seems like its possible for paid up members to download a csv file of old tracks.  Would be interesting especially if it could be paired with an hourly wind surface.   

12 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

A sneak peek into the next virtual eye graphics is coming up on One News Sport...

wasn't a wow moment

35 minutes ago, Battleship said:

Thought you lot might like a rumor. Take it for what it is. A friend who is the father of someone very well connected to the Auckland sailing scene told me this today.

Team UK is well off the pace and is running out of foil allocations. Prada is the fastest of the challengers and Team NZ is a step above at the moment.

My cat agrees. Probably about as accurate, but as you say, fun to speculate! 8)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is getting silly.  Wasn't NZ the first one to purposely sail near AM?  They even wrote it up in the paper how NZ was "taunting" AM.  Look at the number of times where the NZ test boat went looking for Defiant.

as quoted in your article:

American Magic insisted they had never sailed in a coordinated manner with another team.

“All on-water encounters with other competitors (including those initiated by the defender) have been impromptu, casual, brief in nature and never ‘co-ordinated,” was the American response.

Now that a few of the other boats are sailing around and NZ is not involved, it is now a problem?  You can't stop them from constantly sizing each other up.  No body knows how much sandbagging is taking place.

I realise some of you Yanks have difficulties with proper English, so I'll give you a hint: look up "co-ordinated", that's the operative word.

5 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Weta27, I hate to get into this all again.  

I suspect that you are right that NZ didn't anticipate the Port would stop them, but it is obvious that NZ didn't do anything to correct the issue.  Not until NZ were forced to comply with similar restrictions, then they scrambled to get it changed.  It is really disingenuous to claim that NZ was completely innocent.

Some of you conspiracy-infected Yanks should go lie down and take a pill - in fact take a whole bottle!!

4 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Oh look at that.....there are crew swapping sides when there is a very high apparent wind.  Who would have thought...........

And still not ideal is it? Didn’t look like they were taking their time dawdling across the boat, almost like they were trying to reduce the seconds they were out of position. 

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Well some SA punters inferred that at high apparent wind it was dangerous and will cause unnecessary windage.  Therefore they wouldn't be changing sides.

2 hours ago, Battleship said:

The Auckland sailing scene didn’t even feel AM was worth a mention then.. 

19 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

And still not ideal is it? Didn’t look like they were taking their time dawdling across the boat, almost like they were trying to reduce the seconds they were out of position. 

It looks so awkward that it might not actually  be the way they plan to sail it....

9 hours ago, weta27 said:

ETNZ didn't anticipate that the Port (Harbourmaster) was going to stop them using Courses B & C for the preliminaries

It was RNZYS (who delegated ETNZ, run by GD) job to ensure that the courses announced on 30 August 2018 for Match & CSS would be available for both per Protocol 4

4.1. The Match shall be held in the coastal waters of New Zealand in March 2021, or if RNZYS so
elects (with the agreement of COR) in the coastal waters of the country of COR. The above
date may be changed by COR/D if the Match venue is to be in the Northern Hemisphere and
where required all other relevant dates in this Protocol shall be adjusted accordingly.
4.2. The selected venue and precise dates for the Match shall be announced by RNZYS by the
30th of August 2018.
4.3. The Racing Areas, Course Areas and the intended course configurations for the Match shall
be announced by COR/D by the 30th of August 2018.

The course areas were announced on 30 Aug 2018 & make 0 reference to any access restrictions.

https://docs.google.com/a/acofficials.org/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNvZmZpY2lhbHMub3JnfGFjMzYtb2ZmaWNpYWwtbm90aWNlYm9hcmR8Z3g6MzBiZmU2NjEwMGU4MmEwNw

It was GDs responsibility to make sure the announced courses are available before they were announced.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

As I understand it, the Harbourmaster/POA didn't announce the non-availability of the two Courses until late January 2020.

Is GD supposed to be able to see into the future??

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hoom said:

It was RNZYS (who delegated ETNZ, run by GD) job to ensure that the courses announced on 30 August 2018 for Match & CSS would be available for both per Protocol 4

4.1. The Match shall be held in the coastal waters of New Zealand in March 2021, or if RNZYS so
elects (with the agreement of COR) in the coastal waters of the country of COR. The above
date may be changed by COR/D if the Match venue is to be in the Northern Hemisphere and
where required all other relevant dates in this Protocol shall be adjusted accordingly.
4.2. The selected venue and precise dates for the Match shall be announced by RNZYS by the
30th of August 2018.
4.3. The Racing Areas, Course Areas and the intended course configurations for the Match shall
be announced by COR/D by the 30th of August 2018.

The course areas were announced on 30 Aug 2018 & make 0 reference to any access restrictions.

https://docs.google.com/a/acofficials.org/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNvZmZpY2lhbHMub3JnfGFjMzYtb2ZmaWNpYWwtbm90aWNlYm9hcmR8Z3g6MzBiZmU2NjEwMGU4MmEwNw

It was GDs responsibility to make sure the announced courses are available before they were announced.

Oh FFS go take a cold shower to cool down your hard-on for Dalts!! How the fuck could he have foreseen in 2018 that the Harbour Master would make the decision he did in 2020?

4 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Is GD supposed to be able to see into the future??

Many say he walks on water - so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch, mate.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, uflux said:

They have it a bit wrong on the crew transfers during manoeuvres....But points for trying I guess :mellow:

Why are they wrong? Seems hard to believe the helmsman will change sides at every tack/gybe. And where the heck are the steering wheels, finally?

On another subject, it seems to me the rudder is raked aft in the all-down position at take-off (8:50), at it should be to bring the nose up - like an airplane

9 minutes ago, Xlot said:

Seems hard to believe the helmsman will change sides at every tack/gybe.

Two cross to winward, one to leeward seemingly every manoeuver. It looks pretty consistent from the footage we've seen so far. Sure, they might have a different choreography in a tacking duel - if we ever see one with these boats.

56 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Two cross to winward, one to leeward seemingly every manoeuver. It looks pretty consistent from the footage we've seen so far. Sure, they might have a different choreography in a tacking duel - if we ever see one with these boats.

The whole dance takes 19-20 seconds, after a gybe completes (arm is up). In two different videos. 

1 minute ago, bortolo said:

The whole dance takes 19-20 seconds, after a gybe completes (arm is up). In two different videos. 

Which doesn't seem too bad - considering it takes 15 seconds to recharge the cant system. I'm sure they'll have dances for no look manoeuvers etc - like they had in Bermuda.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Battleship said:

At the moment, this would appear to be the over/under, yes

If anyone is interested I have written a KLM file which you can upload as an overlay for Windyty - it places the courses in the approximate places on the map and you can see which course is favoured for current wind and forecast winds.  Not entirely accurate yet as the coordinates were guessed.  Next version will have the course shape correct.  You can choose different layers and see forecast swell and wave direction/magnitude and so predicted sea state.  In my experience the app is quite accurate.

Today for example the favoured courses would be C and E "the Paddock".  The Paddock (bottom right) forecast midday - 15knots from SW gusting 21kt, waves 0.5 m/3 seconds SW, swell 0.1m period 4s.

Just PM me if you want the file.

image.png.3eeb0b5f5bda40d2bfb6f5b544bac237.png

• Like 9

10 hours ago, weta27 said:

As I understand it, the Harbourmaster/POA didn't announce the non-availability of the two Courses until late January 2020.

30 August 2018: I'm announcing a street race in Monaco!

Feb 2020: Huh, when I went to book the race the Monaco city council says the roads are busy that weekend, sorry. Who'da' thunkit :unsure:

No.

Before announcing courses which are over the shipping channel there should have been a proper written contract guaranteeing access to those courses. In 2018.

That would include some wording for if commercial/other considerations were in play from the Harbourmaster & that would have been noted in the announcement of the courses.

Absence of any caveat in the course announcement gives the Challengers the reasonable expectation that equal access to these courses had been confirmed by 30 Aug 2018.

I agree that an unintended consequence of the HM’s later decision gave ETNZ a benefit they’d likely have taken advantage of but do not see any pre-determined conspiracy on their part. Glad it’s been resolved. 

14 hours ago, Indio said:

Some of you conspiracy-infected Yanks should go lie down and take a pill - in fact take a whole bottle!!

This how you get your jollies?  Making up crap and insulting everyone?  You have already been caught lying about stuff.  Just grow up and join the conversation instead of acting like a adolescent.

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

I agree that an unintended consequence of the HM’s later decision gave ETNZ a benefit they’d likely have taken advantage of but do not see any pre-determined conspiracy on their part. Glad it’s been resolved. 

As a local, I'm as interested in having the CSS on the channel courses as the AC. Without one the other seems less, well, necessary. I actually think LR were right to raise the issue, not because someone may or may not get an advantage, but because the event a whole is better with those courses included for the entire event.

If there was a conspiracy at play, my money is on GD asked or otherwise baited LR to kick up a stink to get media attention and force the hand of the HM.

• Like 3

When the courses were announced, they were all available, hence the announcement. Only after the announcement, In January, the Port and harbourmaster wrote to the teams adding restrictions. This is why the AP ruled no protocol breach by ETNZ and accepted another resolution could be made outside of the Panels ruling. Which is exactly what happened. 

7 minutes ago, mogs said:

If there was a conspiracy at play, my money is on GD asked or otherwise baited LR to kick up a stink to get media attention and force the hand of the HM.

Yeah I like that.  Working with MBIE and Local Government would be a nightmare.  Their cultures are so different to a successful AC syndicate.  They are extremely risk averse and have near zero in creativity.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mogs said:

As a local, I'm as interested in having the CSS on the channel courses as the AC. Without one the other seems less, well, necessary. I actually think LR were right to raise the issue, not because someone may or may not get an advantage, but because the event a whole is better with those courses included for the entire event.

LR and the other Challs raised the issue for good-enough reasons. GD blaming LR for it was disingenuous but, as he has said, he thinks that having perceived enemies is motivational; am not convinced the ‘motivation’ extends much past him and a few frothy-mouthed fans but whatever :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately I just missed Prada flying out of the harbour on a willing breeze, but I did catch Te Aihe.

Both headed out to the Paddock.

DSC_1936.JPG

DSC_1954.JPG

DSC_1979.JPG

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1986.JPG

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Unfortunately I just missed Prada flying out of the harbour on a willing breeze, but I did catch Te Aihe.

DSC_1936.JPG

DSC_1954.JPG

DSC_1979.JPG

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1986.JPG

I had a rare free morning and wandered down to the team bases. Looks like I missed them all,  early rising bastards, the lot of 'em! 8)

• Like 1

Who is GMR working for, ACE? His first view vids have been stunning, must have one hell of a nice system. He even times pans and other transitions to the soundtrack, very slick. 

56 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This how you get your jollies?  Making up crap and insulting everyone?  You have already been caught lying about stuff.  Just grow up and join the conversation instead of acting like a adolescent.

The only lying around here are from you and some of your fellow conspiracy nutbags! Go take your bottle of pills...

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, weta27 said:

DSC_1936.JPG

DSC_1954.JPG

DSC_1979.JPG

DSC_1981.JPG

DSC_1986.JPG

Te Rehutai

Looking good though! Thanks for the pictures as always.

12 minutes ago, JustinL42 said:

Te Rehutai

Duh, wake up man ...!

Sorry about that, thanks, that was pre-coffee, all better now :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

LR and the other Challs raised the issue for good-enough reasons. GD blaming LR for it was disingenuous but, as he has said, he thinks that having perceived enemies is motivational; am not convinced the ‘motivation’ extends much past him and a few frothy-mouthed fans but whatever :)

They raised it because they forgot, or didn’t know or whatever that they agreed to it back in February.

16 hours ago, Indio said:

I realise some of you Yanks have difficulties with proper English, so I'll give you a hint: look up "co-ordinated", that's the operative word.

I wouldn’t make fun of us Yanks. We aren’t the muppets who wrote the rule, and now asking for help figuring out what our own rule means. It’s understandable, but this is just an oops falling squarely on a certain defender. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikenz2 said:

Looking very shiny when she was hauled out at lunch time. Starboard foil has a thing on it....

P1200755.thumb.JPG.325b5ddd9caa7ac48cb69b86d8d5d7b1.JPGP1200767.thumb.JPG.0f94e5bc89f27d0018237d972350cad5.JPGP1200812.thumb.JPG.0b59702b2aa93c559431b40607750543.JPG

Wow that is just one flippin weird complex hull shape. But much more organic appearing than INEOS

Mind numbingly staggering the difference between the two designs.

Not too many sleeps left now until we will see them in action.

Crikey going to be a cracker Xmas AC Vendee Jules Verne it's all on.

P1200767.thumb.JPG.0f94e5bc89f27d0018237d972350cad5.thumb.jpeg.655b479f43112773d4aa374a4bf4d8df.jpegAc75_Ineos_RBS_Launch_Bow1_16102020.thumb.jpg.9069d6a257776d7b6eb16b99ea6fab3f.jpg

If the breeze is on, all the boats will be at or near their cavitation limits. So the speeds and angles will be similar. In these conditions tactics and crew handling will determine the winner. It's in the light and moderate stuff, that the hull shapes, foil shapes, techniques etc will have a greater bearing. Te Rehutai looks well optimised to get up early in fuck all wind. There's just enough buoyancy in the bustle to keep those flat aft sections clear, making her in my opinion the least sticky. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

If the breeze is on, all the boats will be at or near their cavitation limits. So the speeds and angles will be similar. In these conditions tactics and crew handling will determine the winner. It's in the light and moderate stuff, that the hull shapes, foil shapes, techniques etc will have a greater bearing. Te Rehutai looks well optimised to get up early in fuck all wind. There's just enough buoyancy in the bustle to keep those flat aft sections clear, making her in my opinion the least sticky. 

I agree as an outed ETNZ fanboy!  However at the high wind range I think ETNZ also have an advantage.  With their main setup controls managed by Ashby I think they will are ahead in being able to exhaust power when needed.

• Like 1