Salty Seacock

Emirates Team New Zealand.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:27 AM, Ex-yachtie said:

Yeah, ‘cos Airbus is thriving in this environment. 

6EFEB5BE-BF0B-4D27-A86E-971225398511.jpeg

Airbus is not a major financial sponsor, they are furnishing engineering support.

14 hours ago, RobG said:

Multi–posting has been bad etiquette since forever, not least because it starts the same conversation in multiple places. Far better to post an abstract and link to the original post.

Yes, heaven forbid he interrupt the gun talk...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Yes, it was the figure in the beginning in China. When I made the maths end of January I realised that with the same figures it would make 10 billion cases in 20 iterations. IIRC there were only 80 deaths in the world when I did it, my friends told me I was completely paranoïac, that the figures were very small, that the flu was worse, that it would stay in China. Well...

The fast rate of infection occurs after the virus enters the community.  Up till now all of the New Zealand cases have arrived from offshore or the immediate families.  Because all people entering New Zealand are required to do a 14 day quarantine the virus has remained under control.

So far 10,000 people are in quarantine and a few people have been deported because they would not cooperate with the quarantine.

We stand at 28 confirmed cases so far.

Congrats to Kiwi crew on 18'er Honda Marine. World champions, back-to-back.

5 minutes ago, Terry Hollis said:

The fast rate of infection occurs after the virus enters the community.  Up till now all of the New Zealand cases have arrived from offshore or the immediate families.  Because all people entering New Zealand are required to do a 14 day quarantine the virus has remained under control.

So far 10,000 people are in quarantine and a few people have been deported because they would not cooperate with the quarantine.

You had 8 more cases today, in less than 4 days you double the number, what is sad is that you will be 50 declared this weekend and probably 300 in reality because the incubation is around 14 days (x 2 every 4 days during 14 days). Sad reality.

13 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You had 8 more cases today, in less than 4 days you double the number, what is sad is that you will be 50 declared this weekend and probably 300 in reality because the incubation is around 14 days (x 2 every 4 days during 14 days). Sad reality.

We have had zero cases enter the community, all cases have arisen in quarantine, so you could say it has not arrived in New Zealand yet.

you could say that but you would probablty be wrong.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

you could say that but you would probablty be wrong.

+1 (and minus the 'probably')

And NZ has just closed its borders to all but returning citizens and permanent residents, effective for all planes departing after midnight tonight.

2 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

We have had zero cases enter the community, all cases have arisen in quarantine, so you could say it has not arrived in New Zealand yet.

All cases detected perhaps. It was reported in the local press today that a child arriving in South Africa, who travelled from New Zealand has tested positive. Also until the last couple of days, the NZ MoH have only been testing people with symptoms, who have travelled from certain countries and their traceable contacts. The testing has only been ramped up in the last day or so.

2 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

Simply untrue.

The reason the borders will be closed as of 11.59 pm is to belatedly control the entry of infected individuals who have simply wandered off the plane unchecked and the recalcitrants that refuse to abide by the self isolation criteria.

Don't forget NZ is a smaller country and therefore it's safe to assume has less people flying inbound. Less people = less risk = less carriers

But what about your China promises it's all good theory from 48 hours ago??

NZ is headed for shitsville, but we sure as shit don't need your fucking prediction analysis fucktard...

3 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

You're insane. This shit is everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

But what about your China theory??

NZ is headed for shitsville, but we sure as shit don't need your fucking prediction analysis fucktard...

Cmon rh, trash c**t has consistently trolled anything NZ, this one is like shooting fish in a Toilet for a fucking troll like him. Ignore.

computer-icons-share-icon-clip-art-ignore.jpg

So far each case has been a case of an international visitor bringing into the country from overseas. The virus has not yet spread into the general population of NZ...YET. Its probably inevitable that it will at some stage, but as of yet, our communities, and the general population remain untouched by this virus. The borders are closed as of midnight, so no international travellers entering NZ from midnight. All other known cases are in self isolation or quarantine. And we still have no recorded deaths from Covid-19... YET.

Just now, Forourselves said:

So far each case has been a case of an international visitor bringing into the country from overseas. The virus has not yet spread into the general public of NZ...YET. Its probably inevitable that it will at some stage, but as of yet, our communities, and the general population remain untouched by this virus. The borders are closed as of midnight, so no international travellers entering NZ from midnight. All other known cases are in self isolation or quarantine. And we still have no recorded deaths from Covid-19... YET.

International arrivals will continue, just only returning citizens and residents. Plenty will be crook, best mate is in Antwerp and both him and wife are sick, only thing stopping them returning right now is Belgium ain't even letting them leave!

Just now, rh3000 said:

International arrivals will continue, just only returning citizens and residents. Plenty will be crook, best mate is in Antwerp and both him and wife are sick, only thing stopping them returning right now is Belgium ain't even letting them leave!

Yeah, but at least the so-called 14 day self isolation rules kick in as soon as they land, so all going to plan, even those who are sick should be isolated from the general population on arrival. So all going to plan, the general population should be unaffected. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, but if everyone does their part to keep it contained, in theory we should be spared the worst case scenario.

they should use the whangaparoa base as a camp for the unknown and positive but not requiring hospitalization returnees 

even with the best PPE's used by the medical staff overseas crap loads of them have it or have gotten it

we can set up enough isolated portable huts on the base to keep them all separate and feed them at arms length

The government should order all non essential services closed for 14 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The government should order all non essential services closed for 14 days.

Like Parliament?

• Like 2

14 days is the supposed

there have been outliers much longer than that

and this is something that 98% is not good enough

if we do it right the economic problems will be minimised

thats if we can go over a month with no cases and closed borders

we can sell our crappy sports and recreation all over the world

43 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So all going to plan, the general population should be unaffected. 

Too late, I'm afraid. Watching NZ'ers ignore the examples from overseas and the guidance from authorities over the past couple or so weeks you can very safely bet the underlying incidence of covid at large is much much higher than most here would seem to credit it could be - and that will likely become evident over the next 1-2 weeks.  

Offsetting that the govt has generally done a sounder, more timely job of implementing its pandemic plan than many other places - notably Italy, although the self isolation rules seemed to have been flaunted more than followed and the level of self-interest on display by many Kiwis places not only themselves at higher risk, but all those they've been around - and all who have been around those, and so on. 

As the number of tests the govt is prepared and able to perform ramps up over the next week or two we'll see whether the contact tracing we've been able to do to date has remotely contained the worst spread, or just foreshadows a battle even to maintain the level of covid beneath the capacity of our hospitals. And given the warnings we had, that would be a disaster.

The genie is out of the bottle. What that means we will all wait and watch to see. And hopefully start to take seriously the job we were all charged with (and are still all charged with) to keep ourselves - and indeed one another - safe. 

• Like 1

Take this Shit to the relevant forums.

Come here to escape all the doom & gloom that you cannot escape on the Radio & TV.

Keep it strictly to sailing - and not even about how sailing will or could  be disrupted. There are forums for that very boring topic.

• Like 1

Ya.let's get back to yellow lines and spirited name calling.

I've tried for 3 days to watch that new te kahu video and it just keeps freezing. All others work, deleted cache. Wtf

3 hours ago, Boink said:

Take this Shit to the relevant forums.

Come here to escape all the doom & gloom that you cannot escape on the Radio & TV.

Keep it strictly to sailing - and not even about how sailing will or could  be disrupted. There are forums for that very boring topic.

What sailing? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rh3000 said:

But what about your China promises it's all good theory from 48 hours ago??

Troll. I expressed hope that improvement in China could translate here, it's not the case, now I hope w'll get a vaccine or w'll have some relief in a few months.Troll.

11 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

That is great news for your country.  Thank goodness it took more time for infected travelers to enter NZ so that the government had enough time to realize the severity and institute a quarantine before it infected the general population.  I would have the guards making sure that the quarantines is enforced.  

The economy in the US has crashed with millions of people being layoff overnight and the stock market is down at least 30%.  Outside of a few Republican led states, no place where people gather is open for business.  bars, gyms, barbers, restaurants (except takeout orders), all sports games and practices, schools, colleges, etc... are closed.  Any place that takes take of the elderly are not allowing visitors.  Many larger business have many employees working from home.  Imagine the millions of people who have lost their jobs, businesses, income overnight.  Many states and the Feds have streamline unemployment benefits, but it only pays half of what you were making.

4 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

What sailing? 

18'er World Championships are worth a look, Rennie. Kiwis aboard Honda Marine won again. Had to mention that. ;-)

Trolling continues. I expressed hope that improvement in China could translate here, it's not the case, now I hope w'll get a vaccine or w'll have some relief in a few months.Trolling paused.

That's considerate..........but not strictly required

13 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

Terry, time will tell very quickly if you are accurate or not. Just last week there were only 5 confirmed cases in NZ. 

Up until yesterday, my son was an exchange student at Waikato University. I had expected to ask members of this forum for suggestions on what to see while in NZ as he loves the outdoors. Over the weekend, his home and host Universities both advised him to go home immediately because it will be near impossible to travel home this summer.

Since this is Sailing Anarchy, here is a picture my son took for me on his last day in NZ. 

Be safe, 

7B02BAC9-238D-4AD4-93D6-3AF319A759AC.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

18'er World Championships are worth a look, Rennie. Kiwis aboard Honda Marine won again. Had to mention that. ;-)

Thanks. I follow that series loosely since some years :wub:.

• Like 1

Yes, there IS sailing happening!

Te Kahu was out early this morning, despite heavy showers and little wind.

I spotted them being towed BACK IN to the inner harbour at about 10am, tow-foiling to Orakei, dropping off foils, then turning and towing back out a little way. Assumed that there wasn't enough wind out in the Channel or back paddock and thought they might be packing up already.

However I was back down later having lunch on the waterfront and they were still in the same location, foiling back and forth between North Head and Orakei, stopping occasionally for tinkering. Still not a lot of breeze but they were scooting along, looking very smooth and I saw one nice foiling gybe.

Hard to observe the finer points of foiling from the other side of the harbour, through a window, while eating a meal, drinking beer and trying to appear interested in the table conversation, but just for you guys & gals I did my very best .:D

P.S. Sorry, no camera

P.P.S. They came back to base around 3pm, so quite a long session.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

Sorry to read that, last report from the WHO. Take care Terry. All the best in these difficult times.

Capture.PNG

15 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Sorry to read that, last report from the WHO. Take care Terry. All the best in these difficult times.

Capture.PNG

You will be rubbing your hands together in glee as more cases arise over the coming days and weeks. What a fucking piece of shit. 

Just now, kenergy said:

You will be rubbing your hands together in glee as more cases arise over the coming days and weeks. What a fucking piece of shit. 

It still likely that these are all direct imports or directly connected to ones...

and all were already in isolation..

To give you some relativism - news is trumpeting china's "NO NEW CASES!" which excludes arrivals from other countries - the numbers of which are significantly higher than the growth rate of many other countries (such as NZ) who if measured by the same yardstick are also technically at zero.

China's community infection rate will come up to some baseline just as soon as they unweld the doors.

1912087808_ScreenShot2020-03-20at5_26_07PM.png.961acb4884dec1c008cbece3971b4d41.png 

Media release

20 March 2020

Eleven new cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand have been confirmed in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 39.

The number of new cases is in line with what we’ve seen in the past few days.  Around 1000 tests were processed yesterday.

Where public health staff have fully investigated the 11 cases there is again a clear link to overseas travel. In several other cases, the test results were only confirmed this morning and these are still being followed up fully.

Public health staff interview every case in detail so we can quickly trace their movements and identify all close contacts and isolate them.

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/11-new-cases-covid-19

12 hours ago, craigj said:

Terry, time will tell very quickly if you are accurate or not. Just last week there were only 5 confirmed cases in NZ. 

Up until yesterday, my son was an exchange student at Waikato University. I had expected to ask members of this forum for suggestions on what to see while in NZ as he loves the outdoors. Over the weekend, his home and host Universities both advised him to go home immediately because it will be near impossible to travel home this summer.

Since this is Sailing Anarchy, here is a picture my son took for me on his last day in NZ. 

Be safe, 

We will be very pleased to have him back, once all this shit dies down. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Capture.PNG

What the actual fuck!? I know you're a fucking troll in here, but FFS people are dying of this virus. This thing has travelled the globe and disrupted millions of lives. Get a fucking life you piece of shit.

24 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

What the actual fuck!? I know you're a fucking troll in here, but FFS people are dying of this virus. This thing has travelled the globe and disrupted millions of lives. Get a fucking life you piece of shit.

not everything he writes is a troll

benefit of doubt please

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

not everything he writes is a troll

benefit of doubt please

Ya right

I'm happy to hear that only NZ citizens or people with residential status can enter NZ now. I work in an industry that has daily contact with hospitals and medical schools. I can tell you there's a very real reason to self isolate or work from home if you can. Get into the practice of extreme physical hygiene now so that it becomes a muscle memory. Doctors and nurses do this every day, that is how they live their daily lives without infection. 

Public contact places are the highest risk.

EFTPOS machines and any kind of handle, petrol pump or item that other people have touched recently should be considered as infected, poisonous or deadly. A Doctor said to me this week, "mentally believe that everything publicly touched is coated in cyanide and you'll have a better chance of getting through this".  That made me think for a bit. 

I'm trying not to expose myself to too much media. Its distracting and unnerving.

I'm fearful for the USA more than any other country. Too many firearms mixed with social crisis can only equal one thing, a flash point and violence. 

I'm still sailing though and have had a couple of lovely weekends on The Gulf. The water is warm and the wind mild. People still wave at each other and morons in big launches still pass by me far to close at alarming speeds. Where is that fucking Harbour Master and why isn't he punishing these idiots.

First world problems. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

There is a tread for Coro diarrhea.

Bit harsh, mate. Extraordinary times and all. And fuck all sailing news.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kenergy said:

I you think that was directed against you, any kiwi, any person, or any place in the world, I can do nothing for you. I don't understand your paranoïa, we are all on the same boat, situation is very serious everywhere.

And, BTW, Terry is one of the poster I like and respect here, not that I always agree with him, but he always come with very relevant posts.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, weta27 said:

Yes, there IS sailing happening!

Te Kahu was out early this morning, despite heavy showers and little wind.

I spotted them being towed BACK IN to the inner harbour at about 10am, tow-foiling to Orakei, dropping off foils, then turning and towing back out a little way. Assumed that there wasn't enough wind out in the Channel or back paddock and thought they might be packing up already.

However I was back down later having lunch on the waterfront and they were still in the same location, foiling back and forth between North Head and Orakei, stopping occasionally for tinkering. Still not a lot of breeze but they were scooting along, looking very smooth and I saw one nice foiling gybe.

Hard to observe the finer points of foiling from the other side of the harbour, through a window, while eating a meal, drinking beer and trying to appear interested in the table conversation, but just for you guys & gals I did my very best .:D

P.S. Sorry, no camera

P.P.S. They came back to base around 3pm, so quite a long session.

Thanks for the update.  

What is it like to still be able to have a beer and some food in a restaurant with other people?  New estimates are that the US GDP will drop almost 24% this quarter....

4 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

I'm happy to hear that only NZ citizens or people with residential status can enter NZ now. I work in an industry that has daily contact with hospitals and medical schools. I can tell you there's a very real reason to self isolate or work from home if you can. Get into the practice of extreme physical hygiene now so that it becomes a muscle memory. Doctors and nurses do this every day, that is how they live their daily lives without infection. 

Public contact places are the highest risk.

EFTPOS machines and any kind of handle, petrol pump or item that other people have touched recently should be considered as infected, poisonous or deadly. A Doctor said to me this week, "mentally believe that everything publicly touched is coated in cyanide and you'll have a better chance of getting through this".  That made me think for a bit. 

I'm trying not to expose myself to too much media. Its distracting and unnerving.

I'm fearful for the USA more than any other country. Too many firearms mixed with social crisis can only equal one thing, a flash point and violence. 

I'm still sailing though and have had a couple of lovely weekends on The Gulf. The water is warm and the wind mild. People still wave at each other and morons in big launches still pass by me far to close at alarming speeds. Where is that fucking Harbour Master and why isn't he punishing these idiots.

First world problems. 

Nice to hear life is still normal over there. I’m stuck at home because everything’s closed. The company I work for (which happens to be an ETNZ sponsor) just shut down for a few weeks because we’ve got a bunch of people sick and one who just died from this stupid virus. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck in avoiding this. It starts getting real when those dying are names you know, and not just statistics on the news. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kiwing said:

Coro does not give you diarrhea, at least not until after you die.

sadly silly sindy is determined to follow the same path as most other eu countries

ie acting on whats happening today and yesterday

and

forgetting

thats what was happening at least a week ago

• Like 1

sadly silly sindy is determined to follow the same path as most other eu countries

ie acting on whats happening today and yesterday

and

forgetting

thats what was happening at least a week ago

It could be worse. We could have Sorry Simon leading us, who’s just bitching about what happened the day before yesterday. 

Oh, and let’s try keeping it to sailing huh? We all need a place of refuge at the moment. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Kiwing said:

A thread? I’m counting at least seven, as it often happens here undistinguable one from the other. But this time, it’s fully justified

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

It could be worse. We could have Sorry Simon leading us, who’s just bitching about what happened the day before yesterday. 

Oh, and let’s try keeping it to sailing huh? We all need a place of refuge at the moment. 

yup

sorry

wrong thread

and yeh there are  plenty worse than silly sindy .. but the bar is still far to low

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

What is it like to still be able to have a beer and some food in a restaurant with other people?

In the morning, Devonport looked like the main street of Tombstone on shootout day, but by lunchtime it was so good to see people out shopping, strolling and sightseeing and some of the cafes doing decent business.

While I understand the need to minimize the spread, govts also need to maintain the wheels of commerce and keep some semblance of normality. I don't think everything needs to be shut down.

We as individuals have to carry some of the responsibility for containing the virus by using common sense.

Otherwise we risk creating a self-fulfilling, toilet-paperless zombie apocalypse.

yup

devonport is a lovely place to watch sailing from

• Like 1

New guidelines for cafes, etc., just issued, thankfully common sense-based: 

"... bars, pubs, clubs, restaurants, and casinos will remain open but patrons will need to sign a guest register at the door."
  • Like 1

thats a good way to normalize stop and think behavior

intentional or not

2 hours ago, weta27 said:

"... bars, pubs, clubs, restaurants, and casinos will remain open but patrons will need to sign a guest register at the door."

Stupid. Level 4 now

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

How coronavirus has disrupted Team New Zealand's America's Cup defence
Richard Gladwell, NZ Herald
21 March 2020

"The teams competing in the 2021 America's Cup have been officially excused from participation in the first America's Cup World Series event in Sardinia by dint of a decision issued on Thursday morning by the arbitration panel.

The delay in the Italians running up the white flag on their event caused a lot of frustration for the teams.

Logistically it was going to be very difficult for a team to exit Sardinia, go through a COVID-19 induced self-isolation period in the UK, and then tranship, assemble, practice and race an AC75 in a four day regatta.

Over the space of three days starting March 11, the Italians and Kiwis exchanged issued media statements on the viability of the ACWS Cagliari, the first of which came from the Italians who said there was nothing to prevent the series from proceeding.

But what they didn't say was that a week earlier, on March 5, New York Yacht Club's American Magic had already filed with the arbitration panel, saying that a force majeure situation existed, thanks to COVID-19, and asking to be relieved of participation in ACWS Cagliari. And could they please have their US$300,000 entry fee returned?

The New York Yacht Club's application to the arbitration panel was already known to the Italians, as all teams are notified as soon an application is received.

By that stage, Team New Zealand's first AC75, Te Aihe, was well on the way to Sardinia.

While the team subsequently made a show of the boat being offloaded in Singapore, they have subsequently advised that Te Aihe was put on a ship for Italy.

Currently, the UK event is still proceeding but will be subject to COVID-19 regulations.

Team NZ CEO Grant Dalton told NZME that a decision on ACWS Portsmouth would have to be made "very soon".

"Any announcement (either way) needs to be coordinated with the sponsor, Emirates airline and Portsmouth City," he said on Thursday morning.

While American Magic's AC75 Defiant was still in Pensacola Florida awaiting shipment, Team NZ is the worst affected of all the teams with an AC75 that is still en route to Italy.

"The AC75 is still en route to its original destination Italy, at which point it will continue to the UK or be turned around," Dalton said.

One of the options with the America's Cup World Series Portsmouth is to run it as a closed stadium event - with there being no fans in the stands - and the event viewable on live television only.

It is understood that the challengers are keen to get to Auckland as soon as possible, airlines able, to get set up and start sailing.

..."

24 minutes ago, barfy said:

Stupid. Level 4 now

silly .. stupid .. same expectations

28 minutes ago, weta27 said:

It is understood that the challengers are keen to get to Auckland as soon as possible, airlines able, to get set up and start sailing.

..."

Excellent. Bring it on!

3 hours ago, weta27 said:

Hope there is a container of hand wash next to the pad.  Nothing like using the same pad as the last 100 people then eating without cleaning hands to spread a virus.

3 hours ago, phill_nz said:

thats a good way to normalize stop and think behavior

intentional or not

Actually just contact tracing 101

Rocked up to get my sack of coffee beans before level 4 kicks in and cash payment was refused citing worker protection as the EFTPOS one of the single greatest virus transfer devices was handed to me. 

Got this whopper stuck out in the harbour now empty .

EC6B07D4-690E-40B3-9D67-DB37FB742990.thumb.png.ef65a2cb2077c38145a25b1e5c46449f.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skipstone said:

Actually just contact tracing 101

thats the obvious primary

the stop and think is an intentional or unintentional useful secondary

30 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

so auckland has a perfect temporary hospital and or quarantine base just hanging around for the using ?

wonder how long before the snivel servants think of using it

17 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

so auckland has a perfect temporary hospital and or quarantine base just hanging around for the using ?

You are perhaps dissing many hard working civil servants putting their asses a bit more on the line then you cuz. Reevaluate..empathy

• Like 1

lipstick

8 hours ago, Monkey said:

Nice to hear life is still normal over there. I’m stuck at home because everything’s closed. The company I work for (which happens to be an ETNZ sponsor) just shut down for a few weeks because we’ve got a bunch of people sick and one who just died from this stupid virus. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck in avoiding this. It starts getting real when those dying are names you know, and not just statistics on the news. 

I see the lads are still out sailing the mini weapon so, that's a good distraction. The bases are still under construction. Business goes on as usual with the exception the massive losses to tourism and hospitality businesses. Today theres less than 60 cases of SARS-COVID-19 and our Government has pretty good policies so far. We still hold hope that AC36 will go ahead as planned.

We have a single payer, (America calls it socialist) health care system which is excellent. We're well prepared and there's no sign we'll suffer the shortages that America is going through.

If we suppress this thing then we're still on. 

19 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

lipstick

Duck you red neck cunt, for a chopper out to a ship and do a better job.

Or run for government, put your simple sorry ass where your big fat mouth is.

Or STFU and HTR

15 minutes ago, barfy said:

You are perhaps dissing many hard working civil servants putting their asses a bit more on the line then you cuz. Reevaluate..empathy

Phil’s just a perpetual professional Mona there is always one in every room you know fuck this those fuckwits don’t know a fucking thing fucking morons you fucked up for fucks sake silly sindy and your fucking snivel servants just a endless diatribe of fuck this fuck that on and on.

Thank fuck for those that are really stepping up and are fucking doing fucking heaps to help and assist us all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

That's not the harbour, that's the Gulf.

Was listening to some news last night - German TV I think - and they were talking about the Chinese Covid experts who had visited Italy to advise them. The Chinese were telling the Italians that they weren't enforcing the lock down rigorously enough. People wandering the streets, jogging, not staying home. According to the Chinese, the only way to stop the spread is a tight lock down. Over here in Oz, our infection numbers are going up dangerously high, with a curve that's ramping up, not flattening out. NZ take note.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, barfy said:

Or STFU and HTR

well thats not going to happen

but troll on

10 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Thank fuck for those that are really stepping up and are fucking doing fucking heaps to help and assist us all. 

not you though is it

34 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

not you though is it

Phil sadly your spots are showing.

Is that all you have got a a limp dick what are you doing?

Pretty petty pretty childish pretty predictable but I will for some bizarre unknown reason humour you.

I have a client with a recently deceased husband that is the primary caregiver for a elderly mother with dementia and a adult son that is off the spectrum.

They all live in a completely fucked leaky home and I have chosen to assist this woman to remedy her dire circumstances.

In the last two weeks we have deconstructed her fucked primary asset and exposed it to the elements as there is no loot for the luxury of shrink wrapping and now we wait with baited breath as to wether Council will actually be operating to conduct appropriate inspections will the joinery factory be capable of delivering will the lumber yard be open etc etc.

So in answer to what are you doing well Phil I can give you the address and feel free to rock up and assist.

26 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

So in answer to what are you doing well Phil I can give you the address and feel free to rock up and assist.

its the sort of thing i would do and have done many times

but your in aucks and im way north

and no matter your dicky comments i would still pitch in to help were it in any way practicable ... hardly putting your life in danger though is it

spring for a couple of old thick vinyl billboards a guy in albany sells them for 70 od each for 3x12 ( trademe ) couple of those would end your heartache

/

1 minute ago, phill_nz said:

its the sort of thing i would do and have done many times

but your in aucks and im way north

and no matter your dicky comments i would still pitch in to help were it in any way practicable ... hardly putting your life in danger though is it

/

Phil it is patently clear to many here that you would be of no assistance to anybody.

thats the obvious primary

the stop and think is an intentional or unintentional useful secondary

I don't disagree - but if people haven't already decided to prioritise what they need to do, then subtle hidden messages aren't likely to sway them. 

and its clear to me that you and barf and great silly sindy supporters .. but frankly tc and smack have more rational thinking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Priscilla said:

This is how we roll.

doesn't  help that they are wearing the masks sideways

4 hours ago, phill_nz said:

Cruise ships are not well-suited for this, with their shared HVAC systems, etc. There's a lot of reasons they are frequently plagued with viral outbreaks such as norovirus. We call them "plague ships" where I live, and we have a lot of them.

If you want spread a virus quickly, put one infected person on a cruise ship with 3000 passengers and crew and see how fast it spreads. Haven't you been reading about the quarantined cruise ships stranded off US ports for weeks recently? It ain't pretty.

Cruise ships have more in common with  large prisons than anything else when it comes to the spread of contagion. I'll take my chances ashore.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, weta27 said:

Yeah that way they know who to sue when it gets passed on... Sign here saying you dont have it? Jeez 

hey glad it’s all cool and normal over there and the virus is just at inconvenient  level, it was like that two weeks ago here. Now my girlfriend and her mum have both lost their jobs, As have countless others in teaching/hospitality. And large parts of society are closed.

sindy might be silly but it’s gonna get worse before it gets better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weta27 said:
How coronavirus has disrupted Team New Zealand's America's Cup defence
Richard Gladwell, NZ Herald
21 March 2020

"The teams competing in the 2021 America's Cup have been officially excused from participation in the first America's Cup World Series event in Sardinia by dint of a decision issued on Thursday morning by the arbitration panel.

The delay in the Italians running up the white flag on their event caused a lot of frustration for the teams.

Logistically it was going to be very difficult for a team to exit Sardinia, go through a COVID-19 induced self-isolation period in the UK, and then tranship, assemble, practice and race an AC75 in a four day regatta.

Over the space of three days starting March 11, the Italians and Kiwis exchanged issued media statements on the viability of the ACWS Cagliari, the first of which came from the Italians who said there was nothing to prevent the series from proceeding.

But what they didn't say was that a week earlier, on March 5, New York Yacht Club's American Magic had already filed with the arbitration panel, saying that a force majeure situation existed, thanks to COVID-19, and asking to be relieved of participation in ACWS Cagliari. And could they please have their US$300,000 entry fee returned?

The New York Yacht Club's application to the arbitration panel was already known to the Italians, as all teams are notified as soon an application is received.

By that stage, Team New Zealand's first AC75, Te Aihe, was well on the way to Sardinia.

While the team subsequently made a show of the boat being offloaded in Singapore, they have subsequently advised that Te Aihe was put on a ship for Italy.

Currently, the UK event is still proceeding but will be subject to COVID-19 regulations.

Team NZ CEO Grant Dalton told NZME that a decision on ACWS Portsmouth would have to be made "very soon".

"Any announcement (either way) needs to be coordinated with the sponsor, Emirates airline and Portsmouth City," he said on Thursday morning.

While American Magic's AC75 Defiant was still in Pensacola Florida awaiting shipment, Team NZ is the worst affected of all the teams with an AC75 that is still en route to Italy.

"The AC75 is still en route to its original destination Italy, at which point it will continue to the UK or be turned around," Dalton said.

One of the options with the America's Cup World Series Portsmouth is to run it as a closed stadium event - with there being no fans in the stands - and the event viewable on live television only.

..."

Don’t know the reason for RG’s repeated chauvinism. Also, why does he want Te Aihe back in AKL - it was not going to be sailed again for a while, b2 should be ready soon, no?

MOF, I’m skeptical about the AC being run on schedule, the one-year delay increasingly looks like the best-case scenario. Better leave Te Ihe and Britannia mothballed in Cagliari