Salty Seacock

Emirates Team New Zealand.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:39 AM, Salty Seacock said:

The Herald are a bunch of right wing assholes that beat up anything they can get their slimy ears into. Those assholes would be happy to kill off the AC to gain ratings. I was a subscriber until a couple of weeks ago, now their rag is nothing but fish and chip paper to me. 

They think they're some mini Fox News of New Zealand, but in reality, they're a bunch of washed up pimps with saggy assed hookers for journalists.

There is no honor nor integrity in journalism any longer. The truth, is harder to find these days and our long time sources of such have been reduced to opinion rather than fair and balanced reporting.

If you want journalism fit for toilet paper look no further than Stuff for cringey, woke and delusional unbalanced articles. 

They even have a 'millennial issues reporter' FFS. 

On 7/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, Salty Seacock said:

Not to me it ain't. 

The Herald is Right AF according to my politics. It's truly subjective. 

By American standards, the Herald would be so far left they'd be labeled communists.

But this ain't Trump country, this is a free country.

If the Herald is right leaning compared to your politics then you must be so unbalanced Left that Marama Davidson and her Che Guevara aspirations seem too centrist. 

Today's Leftism is brain disease. 

Safe spaces, cancel culture, loot and burn, shout down opposing views, what a diabolical mess the Left is. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, NorthKorean said:

Who is this SmackDaddy retard? 

He is an Oracle employed shill, talks up FailGP, talks down America's Cup.

It's so obvious that it is ineffective practically, just annoying as fuck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthKorean said:

Safe spaces, cancel culture, loot and burn, shout down opposing views, what a diabolical mess the Left is.

I love the fact that this is written by someone called NorthKorean. 

Well done. 

11 minutes ago, NorthKorean said:

If the Herald is right leaning compared to your politics then you must be so unbalanced Left that Marama Davidson and her Che Guevara aspirations seem too centrist. 

Ha Ha! Im with you bro lets retreat our OUR safespace and cancel these fucks right out- say want to swap a Maga Hat for quick handy?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I seriously doubt that either of JS or BA could have beaten those guys on Moths either, that’s not their expertise.

But that’s not to argue ETNZ’s switch to PB on the helm wasn’t a good move, he has all kinds of great attributes as a helm, foiling included. 

It’s not a binary question, ‘Is DB better than PB,’ there’s a lot more nuance to it when it comes to developing an AC75. The key sailor, imho, is actually Gashby. 

It is a binary question. It has one answer... Yes. Results speak for themselves. At the pointy end of sport, all that matters is results. Burling has them. Barker doesn’t. 

Ashby absolutely was critical to ETNZs Development, and made more of a difference in his first tenure as skipper than Barker did in his last 3. 
Barker was simply the right man in the right place at the right time in 2000. Russell was on his way out and Passed the torch before he left.

Gashby took a demoralised, and humiliated team at a time of very real turmoil, on and off the water, a team that was severely depleted after a very intense review process, and very high profile exits in key positions, and he took a group of young, inexperienced in regards to the AC, but highly successful sailors or athletes in their own right, decided what he wanted out of the team and campaign, was prepared to be mocked by his peers and the sailing community for putting bikes in a boat, stuck to his guns and executed his plan to perfection.

Barker was never able to assert himself in that way, because he never had the results to back it up. When the going got tough, and the hard calls had to be made, Instead of doing what was right for his team when they asked him to, for the guys that gave him his break, guys like Dalton and Shoebridge that were left to pick up the pieces after 2003, when they could’ve easily fired him, they stood by him. Guys like Ashby and Davies who had stood shoulder to shoulder with him and had been a huge part of Barkers career, he left them and then Publicly dragged them and the team through the mud and then joined Oracle because he thought the grass was greener. Even helped Oracle in their defence against Team NZ. Turned out, it was more defeat for Barker and for Oracle, and only success for Team NZ.

I appreciate everything the guy did between 2007, and 2013, but lost all respect for him when he turned his back on his team when they needed him the most. A Skipper is supposed to do what is right for his team, not turn his back because he didn’t get his way.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

I love the fact that this is written by someone called NorthKorean. 

Well done. 

If I recall correctly this is an alingi4eva sock.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

It’s not a binary question, ‘Is DB better than PB,’ there’s a lot more nuance to it when it comes to developing an AC75. The key sailor, imho, is actually Gashby.

I disagree, it is very much a binary question and the answer is unequivocally - by people across almost every team - Peter Burling.  He has an engineering background like Coutts (not sure how far through college he got?) and I've heard from several people that he is a true development helm much like RC was throughout his career.  That has never really been one of Barker's key strengths.  I agree though that Ashby is still the most influential sailor in the ETNZ campaign in terms of design input

The ease with which they go into and accelerate out of manoeuvres is a thing of beauty. 

• Like 1

Gotta wonder how many thousands of litres of not so clean and green fuel those chase boats are burning through for this 100% pure Kiwi AC cycle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Gotta wonder how many thousands of litres of not so clean and green fuel those chase boats are burning through for this 100% pure Kiwi AC cycle.

I guess Ratcliffe’s going to win one way or the other!

19 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

who cares?  you a climate change cringing, end of the world, tree hugger? Or interested in the economics?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

What? That's a bit of a weird comment.

1 hour ago, NorthKorean said:

I'm not sure what brand of benzene you've been huffing buddy but, New Zealand is not America.

Don't be comparing Trump's BS propaganda on the right to New Zealand, and comrade Cindy.

You must be an Americunt.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

A single 400hp outboard would drink at least 50 litres per hour, double that and then some if they're going hard. They probably average around 5 hours running time, so 250 litres per motor, times 4 equals a 1000 litres for one of those big cat ribs. So anywhere between 800-1200 litres is a reasonable estimate. They usually run two of them plus one or two smaller ribs, so anywhere between 2-3 thousand litres per on water day. Not an insignificant cost.

46 minutes ago, Dutyfreenz said:

who cares?  you a climate change cringing, end of the world, tree hugger? Or interested in the economics?

Crikey fool there is no life sustaining dietary fibre in loot.
When your type have polished off the earths environment through avarice and selfishness and find yourself on Mars with no sailing options stop and ponder for a moment what exactly went wrong.

3 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

A single 400hp outboard would drink at least 50 litres per hour, double that and then some if they're going hard. They probably average around 5 hours running time, so 250 litres per motor, times 4 equals a 1000 litres for one of those big cat ribs. So anywhere between 800-1200 litres is a reasonable estimate. They usually run two of them plus one or two smaller ribs, so anywhere between 2-3 thousand litres per on water day. Not an insignificant cost.

Times 4 syndicates that is a fuck load of fuel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Priscilla said:

Times 4 syndicates that a fuck load of fuel.

Shit yeah.

- what they learn to bring high speed passenger and freight sail into reality

=

a crap load of saving

As if there is any serious effort at bringing high speed sail freight to reality :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Horn Rock said:

Shit yeah.

Good thing they've got that Z Energy sponsorship and likely a few fuel cards lying around...

37 minutes ago, meanermachine said:

Z Energy sponsorship

When you're chewing through $25k worth of fuel a week to run those ribs, it's a handy sponsor to have.

Zenergy yay they let our team spunk fuel all over the show 

Ineos , argh! The evil empire killing kittens and polar bears. 

the fucking about in boats chasing each other IS fucking stupid, when costs are how they are having teams camped out in the Solent, Cagliari and NZ all chasing boats around is a touch spendy. 

28 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

having teams camped out in the Solent,

****Checks for spy boats on the Solent******

EeCvqFwXoAAKj6o.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

EeCvqFwXoAAKj6o.jpg

It's a rather big and fuel-consuming spy boat in the background, don't you think?!?

• Like 4

Team USA charterd the top deck, 
Italians on the middle,

TNZ couldn’t be bothered  so sent Canfield to sit on the car deck, gotta earn his boat somehow?  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

It's a rather big and fuel-consuming spy boat in the background, don't you think?!?

Could be a cleverly disguised F50?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Could be a cleverly disguised F50?

impossible... that boat is too fast to be a F50.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbeauvar said:

impossible... that boat is too fast to be a F50.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

EeCvqFwXoAAKj6o.jpg

If it weren't for the sails, it'd be tough to tell those two boats apart.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

BA recently repeated his assertion about the importance of teams’ abilities to catch up or overtake development-wise even very late in the game may have those guys feeling good. 

Good to see he took something from Bermuda - apart from the tan, the dogs and the dinero

11 hours ago, Forourselves said:

The ease with which they go into and accelerate out of manoeuvres is a thing of beauty. 

Yeah. It looks impressive. Prolly has a lot to do with the speed at which the new windward foil is retracted, reducing drag dramatically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

If it weren't for the sails, it'd be tough to tell those two boats apart.

True dat and hard to get a gauge on their relative speeds as there is not a seagull in sight:P

EA8E2327-A38A-4071-B189-F411254895E0.jpeg.ef91136f2dc290c729a062527b1f83fc.jpeg

• Like 1

is this when we get to the

why do seagulls fly upside down over ineos

thing ?

2 hours ago, phill_nz said:

is this when we get to the

why do seagulls fly upside down over ineos

thing ?

The same reason they fly upside down over Wellington, Christchurch (insert any other city except Auckland!!)...?

The Auckland gulls, when they are upside down, do they sandbag a little even at that flight attitude? 

44 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The Auckland gulls, when they are upside down, do they sandbag a little even at that flight attitude? 

Not sure about sand, Stinger. But I believe it can make a hell of a mess of a daggy sea-fowl's tail feathers. In severe cases, crutching may be beneficial. However, great care must be taken, as the procedure could seriously damage foil efficacy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Yeah. It looks impressive. Prolly has a lot to do with the speed at which the new windward foil is retracted, reducing drag dramatically.

Agree. Boat handling/transitions look superb

1 hour ago, zillafreak said:

Agree. Boat handling/transitions look superb

Which is one of the areas they excelled in Bermuda. I was re-watching some of AC35 recently and the difference in tacking was extreme.

ETNZ would snap tack on a dime with little loss in speed, compared to the other teams.

18 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

EeCvqFwXoAAKj6o.jpg

Which one is the British AC75, they both kinda look the same ? 

Posted before reading Ex_Yachtie's post.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Crikey fool there is no life sustaining dietary fibre in loot.
When your type have polished off the earths environment through avarice and selfishness and find yourself on Mars with no sailing options stop and ponder for a moment what exactly went wrong.

you sound like the space cadet to me, got go burn some gas, I hate the cold.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flippin Out said:

Which one is the British AC75, they both kinda look the same ? 

Posted before reading Ex_Yachtie's post.

Its fucking obvious its the one with the sail!

(If it weren't for that I wouldn't have a clue though)...

27 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Its fucking obvious its the one with the sail!

(If it weren't for that I wouldn't have a clue though)...

A yes of course, sorry I'd scrolled down too far.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, NZL3481 said:

At the 2015 Moth Worlds in Sorrento Australia, five of ETNZ's finest went off to make a statement. Having quietly trained hard for some time (in Kerikeri I believe) and even bringing Andrew McDougall over to NZ for some intensive coaching for a week or two.

Barker got beaten by his peers - Ashby, Davies, Tuke (& Slingsby for good measure).

I watched what I could of that.I was most impressed by slingers who arrived late, grabbed what kit he could, and did well for such a big fella.

Nathan's awards impressed me and I had him winning in the f50's, but it was really no surprise for slingsby to take the first season.

• Like 1

Slingers absolutely smashed the opposition at the last Moth Worlds in Perth.  Like the old saying daylight was second.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Slingers absolutely smashed the opposition at the last Moth Worlds in Perth.  Like the old saying daylight was second.

Really wasted talent to not have him on a boat this cycle. Seems like a quiet unassuming leader as well, much like GA. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, barfy said:

Really wasted talent to not have him on a boat this cycle. Seems like a quiet unassuming leader as well, much like GA. 

That's what happens when you quickly sign up for the Russell & Larry show...

1 hour ago, barfy said:

Maybe if there were more than 4 ridiculous and expensive boats there would be more opportunities for that talent. Talk to GD about how he killed the AC.

17 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Maybe if there were more than 4 ridiculous and expensive boats there would be more opportunities for that talent. Talk to GD about how he killed the AC.

Aww Smack whinger having a cry again...

17 minutes ago, meanermachine said:

20200731_163201.jpg

The title that accompanied this on their FB pages was:  "Pushing the limits. Nailed the landing"

7 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

They clearly have better control than AM.

You’re a twit that can’t recognise a design breakthrough when you see one.

We gave you foiling with the AC72 and now we are fucking flying...

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Winning form right there.

1 minute ago, Priscilla said:

You’re a twit that can’t recognise a design breakthrough when you see one.

We gave you foiling and now we are flying...

certainly if they could operate in a sustained mode where their foil was surface planing (skipping?) they would break a major speed barrier

Breaking news.

Stars & Stripes have abandoned moves to rent a version one AC75 from TNZ after witnessing the Kiwis trialling a flying boat to defend the AC36.

The American syndicate sailing under the banner of the LBYC have partnered with the US Airforce and released this image of their new yacht.

Team principle Taylor Canfield stated that this partnership had produced a radical design breakthrough that would push the Kiwis to their limit and beyond in the upcoming AC 36 to be held on the sparkling Waitemata early in 2021.

39F89E6B-DDC0-4954-B45A-6C9ABC387517.jpeg.a2bcc4ad4af89d9ff36726d38d9577b0.jpeg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RobG said:

Clearly a software issue…

Blair sneezed.

Everyone else sharted.....

• Like 1

torpedo bulb on port side, but no bulb on starboard .. for real or edited out? also those wings look way small compared with launch day foils on Te Kahu

was wondering if there's been any news about a ruling for the newspaper to publish their super secret conversations and documents

So the Kiwi's are copying the other guys with bulbs on their foils now? Is that bulbs on the foils I'm seeing. All I hear about is how the NYYC and Ben are copying the bustle. This seems somehow more important. Why don't our Kiwi friends ever mention that I wonder?

13 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

So the Kiwi's are copying the other guys with bulbs on their foils now? Is that bulbs on the foils I'm seeing. All I hear about is how the NYYC and Ben are copying the bustle. This seems somehow more important. Why don't our Kiwi friends ever mention that I wonder?

Maybe I have all the right people on ignore - but I always find it hilarious when people think originality or “being first” has merit in and of itself in a development race to the finish. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Miffy said:

Maybe I have all the right people on ignore - but I always find it hilarious when people think originality or “being first” has merit in and of itself in a development race to the finish. 

For all we know the Kiwi's copied the bulbs to test them, and kept them to throw everyone off whilst they test something else...

Its the Americas Cup, if theres not subterfuge going on something is wrong...

• Like 2

It is like gasp - millions of dollars, modeling simulators and so much development, and to think one team is just going to go off the coco nuts deep end of development and be completely off? lol. I’m sure as with all solutions, there’s a compromise and diff range of optimization. Everything has merit to be at least considered  

Formula 1 and AC of recent rule editions with highly strict rules have a tendency of pushing divergent solutions to gradually consolidate and converge. We’re not going to see drastically diff boats unless everyone is developing in the dark like the Kiwis did last edition. 

23 minutes ago, JonRowe said:

For all we know the Kiwi's copied the bulbs to test them, and kept them to throw everyone off whilst they test something else...

Its the Americas Cup, if theres not subterfuge going on something is wrong...

Come on....  That is what the fanboys say.  

The flying NZ test boat has to be an old picture because it only has a bulb on one foil.  They have moved on to bulbs on both foils and now testing different bulbs on the foils.  That is much more effort than just using to trick the competition.  Also, many have reported a perceived increase in speed and handling since using bulbed foils. 

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

You can't have been visiting enough; which has been nice.

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

The flying NZ test boat has to be an old picture because it only has a bulb on one foil

Not so sure about that Alky.

Te Kahu has in the past worn a variety of outfits the yellow green ensemble is new.

E27A1880-77EC-4C14-811E-B570C3F76562.jpeg.019a7c96d56949783817d279fb44928a.jpeg

B420EF34-55F8-425C-A582-5105F7AADE68.jpeg.80be1becb5f76b1d41710e1fde343a30.jpeg
C3D004D1-2DD5-42B2-BB62-57CF6DFFE492.jpeg.f4ff687f88494c0c099fd3bc1bfdf39a.jpeg

• Like 2

One of the local anomalies with the wind conditions on the sparkling Waitemata is the lifting breeze:P

The tell tales are telling the tale of the brute force this lifting breeze generates.

D8FD8DA3-A21F-48F0-9595-5A3EABCBA2A6.jpeg.1a8d6661b89ee203c33da4d8c389c0d8.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Priscilla said:

Still flying.

let's hope the earth is not flat... 

1 minute ago, daan62 said:

let's hope the earth is not flat... 

Crikey just what we need another flat earth denier.

• Like 1

Just now, Priscilla said:

Crikey just what we need another flat earth denier.

would be great for the sponsors if TNZ could finally answer that question... complete covid crisis solved and most probably peace on earth...

3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Come on....  That is what the fanboys say.  

The flying NZ test boat has to be an old picture because it only has a bulb on one foil.  They have moved on to bulbs on both foils and now testing different bulbs on the foils.  That is much more effort than just using to trick the competition.  Also, many have reported a perceived increase in speed and handling since using bulbed foils. 

Or possibly a new refined bulbless foil. 
edit:  that would actually make sense. Since they’re stuck with them as 2 of their 6, they’d want to test ways to optimize Flipper’s current foils just in case. 

27 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Or possibly a new refined bulbless foil. 
edit:  that would actually make sense. Since they’re stuck with them as 2 of their 6, they’d want to test ways to optimize Flipper’s current foils just in case. 

Or could the foil just be photoshopped?

6 minutes ago, Tommy22 said:

Or could the foil just be photoshopped?

There’s no point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Am pretty sure the photo was posted a couple months back, it may even be up-thread.

Cool shot, so whatever! 

2 minutes ago, Sailing Anarchy. said:

Q: Dalton said he was going to make the AC cheaper so more teams could afford to compete.

He failed at that ...

This AC is, besides the boats, going to be the most boring ever.

2.5 teams, No personalities, nor tough talk, and full of PC white sailors flashing thier fast cars and blonde bimbo's.

Bring back the good ole days.

Perth was the best!!!

Black Sailors Matter. 

lets put this into perspective

F1 = The idea of a cost cap in F1 was proposed once before, in 2009, when it was to be set at $40 million a year to get some new teams to sign up. But the idea died on the vine, as did those new teams lured in by the notion that F1 could ever be affordable. Now, the cap is a more realistic $175 million a year—for context, teams spend on average $312 million a year right now, although that's skewed by the three big spenders (Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull).

$100-200m for a 3-4year campaign is not that much when Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull are spending OVER $312m per year

so the going from the DOG match ...

1 challanger

San Fran

1.75 challangers (etnz =1, prada was a copy so 0.5, Artimes was non foiling till others helped out so 0.25)

Bermuda

1 challanger, 4 defender copycats

NZ

2.85 challangers (Ineos 1 [$210m?], AM 1, LR 0.75 copy, S+S 0.1)

1 hour ago, Lickindip said:

lets put this into perspective

This troll has been asleep for a long while, and just popped up on my iggy feed.

Shhhh, it might still go back to sleep.

16 minutes ago, barfy said:

just popped up on my iggy feed.

newsflash for you: nobody gives a rat’s ass who is on your ‘iggy feed’ 

• Like 2