Salty Seacock

Emirates Team New Zealand.

10 hours ago, hoom said:

There's at least one step in there where GD looks pretty bad, lower staff receiving a forwarded email from the boss tend to assume its legit -> do the thing requested.

On 10th. October, the real Eckstein emailed the invoice for Euro1.6-mil with the correct bank a/c details per previous invoices, which Dalton approved and forwarded to Choy for payment. Choy instructs the bank on 16th. October to make the payment to the account they held. 

Choy was negligent - the invoice had the correct bank a/c which he was too lazy to re-enter into the payment instructions to the bank. If the invoice approved by Dalton had the same fake bank a/c, Choy would have a defence. It didn't, and he doesn't. 

• Like 1

America's Cup Rialto: August 28 - A taste of Summer

by Richard Gladwell/Sail-World.com/NZ 28 Aug 06:59 PDT28 August 2020

With temperatures peaking at 17°C, a 15kt westerly breeze, blue skies and bright sunshine, Cup fans gathered on Auckland's North Head to watch Emirates Team New Zealand train for three hours or so. Only caught the last hour, but the Kiwis looked very smooth and rarely touched down while on a run.

It was a great day for photo and video - enjoy.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/231127/Americas-Cup-Rialto-Aug-28-A-taste-of-Summer

Pics: RG

yysw292977.jpg

yysw292981.jpg

yysw292988.jpg

• Like 3

hmm not so sure the litigation argument of " we shot ourselves in the foot so you have to pay "  is going to work as well in nz as it does in the states

6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yep, an alternative take on it for sure.

Grant Dalton ‘vindicated’? Yeah, right

Another attempt by NZME and their "journalists"to try and get one back after being humiliated in court. 

Just now, Stingray~ said:

Why bother? Seems a bit petty, or maybe desperate? 

Because trademarks.

15 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Because trademarks.

Okay, so maybe that website drops them. Wtf cares? 

This latest lawsuit makes you wonder if the legal guy is racking up hours-bills for no good reasons but their own. Maybe they are charging it all to ACE MBIE funds too?

Tons of websites have photos of the boats, with the AC/Prada logo on their sails. 

45 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Okay, so maybe that website drops them. Wtf cares? 

This latest lawsuit makes you wonder if the legal guy is racking up hours-bills for no good reasons but their own. Maybe they are charging it all to ACE MBIE funds too?

Tons of websites have photos of the boats, with the AC/Prada logo on their sails. 

Ugh, its a cease and desist order. Its like the Rolling Stones issuing a cease and desist to the idiot in the White House to stop him using their music. The music is on You tube, but Trump can't use it in his campaign buildup. 

Nope, nothing like that since nobody gives a f’ing rip about the M&C site, it’s too obscure even here. It seems more ‘vindictive’ than anything else, with only lawyers benefitting since nobody else gives a rip.

TE in his show today repeated an assertion (I think? Wasn’t listening closely at the times) that ETNZ is now also going after Prada, through the Arb Panel.

Is there some money-desperation thing going on with this Defender? 

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Nope, nothing like that since nobody gives a f’ing rip about the M&C site, it’s too obscure even here. It seems more ‘vindictive’ than anything else, with only lawyers benefitting since nobody else gives a rip.

TE in his show today repeated an assertion (I think? Wasn’t listening closely at the times) that ETNZ is now also going after Prada, through the Arb Panel.

I doubt it. If you knew anything at all about GD, you'd know no-one shits on his parade and gets away with it.  I hope he takes those lying, two-faced clowns to the cleaners.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Another attempt by NZME and their "journalists"to try and get one back after being humiliated in court. 

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/28-08-2020/grant-dalton-vindicated-yeah-right/

This article originally appeared on BusinessDesk.

Not so sure Pattrick Smellie has ever been a NZME employee nor is The Spinoff associated with NZME.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Hahaha! I did wonder why the images of Te Aihe were still prominent on the M&C con artists' site, given they were  terminated. Guess not for much longer...

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

They handle the Volvo Ocean Race stop overs. Just because you don't give a shit about it, doesn't mean no one else does. Its a website advertising their company and the work they do. Obviously they're still advertising work they are no longer doing, and using ETNZ's and ACE's trademarks to do it. I don't know about you, but if someone was using my trademarks to advertise themselves without my permission, I'd be suing the shit out of them.

Ehman doesn't know shit. He said heads would be rolling and Daltons position would be in jeopardy following the report. None of that came true. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Interesting when you click on the "Upcoming Work" link, nothing there. Those images of ETNZ, Te Aihe and AC-logoed livery will be coming down on the first business day since they were issued the C&D demand..

MCUW.thumb.JPG.41cb855015cefd042be415499400831f.JPG

7 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Why bother? Seems a bit petty, or maybe desperate? 

6 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Oracle went after a the private Cup website that was so well liked here and had to change its name afterwards, of course out of trademark reasons. What was fair back then shouldn't be fair now?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, barfy said:

Deano taking swallow lessons 

African or European 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

This latest lawsuit makes you wonder if the legal guy is racking up hours-bills for no good reasons but their own.

Shit, bet that has never happened during an AC before...

7 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Shit, bet that has never happened during an AC before...

Oh, agreed. But again, who gives a crap about if C&M have an AC logo on their whatever-website? Why pay lawyers to go pursue that silly thing? 

A lot of ETNZ’s lawsuits and ‘mediations’ could drag out in courts way past the conclusion of AC36 anyway, adding to how pointless it looks. The blame for the $2.8 fraud scam lies with the fraudster, and nobody else, and  it appears unlikely that ETNZ will be able to properly account for the $3M charged for the ‘coming up with just the Design Rule.’ It’s a clusterf*ck. 

2 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Oh, agreed. But again, who gives a crap about if C&M have an AC logo on their whatever-website? Why pay lawyers to go pursue that silly thing? 

A lot of ETNZ’s lawsuits and ‘mediations’ could drag out in courts way past the conclusion of AC36 anyway, adding to how pointless it looks. The blame for the $2.8 fraud scam lies with the fraudster, and nobody else, and  it appears unlikely that ETNZ will be able to properly account for the $3M charged for the ‘coming up with just the Design Rule.’ It’s a clusterf*ck. 

I can sort of understand sending a stop using the Cup shit after you dobbed us in. Especially as GD is a vindictive bastard.

The fraud thing is just a mistake, one made all the time and should just go in the 'bugger' basket. As you say, the rest will drag out for some time. Most likely neither side want it done till after the cup when it can be brushed aside. The fact that, for a second time, Dalts has run a system with no way of finding out how and why public money has been spent is not a good look. On Dalts for just behaving like an entitled asshole that thinks he is above the rule, on the government for allowing it to happen a second time. There is no better person at covering up their own failures than a public servant, so it will be all about delay. Once the Cup is over, if we win, all will be forgiven. If we lose, we will be so busy working out how the winner cheated all will be forgiven.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Wow! Lol, basically what I posted too in reaction when the headlines happened despite what the report actually said. 

Vindication would have been a slam-dunk “nothing to see here”. That is not what Beattie Varley has delivered and the ongoing issues that have still to be settled are not either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Wow! Lol, basically what I posted too in reaction when the headlines happened despite what the report actually said. 

Vindication would have been a slam-dunk “nothing to see here”. That is not what Beattie Varley has delivered and the ongoing issues that have still to be settled are not either.

Still at it, Stinger? The ultimate shit-raker. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Thats EXACTLY what it is. Vindication. Nothing to see here.

34 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Nothing to see here.

Are you talking about S&S or the bustle.

Since its been a point of debate in the Amway thread: TNZ got some mighty slender little spreaders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Are you talking about S&S or the bustle.

Your credibility.

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Your credibility.

Talking of credibility what happened to the iggy.

In our iwi convenient memory syndrome is a sure sign of weakness of the mind.

Your are an endless fountain of falsehoods and petulant combativeness try throwing in a tack and change your heading towards a mark that is far less antagonistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Your credibility.

SClarke, you are in absolutely no position to to denigrate anyone’s credibility considering you have none. I believe that’s the view of every person posting in this forum no matter where they come from. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, JJD said:

SClarke, you are in absolutely no position to to denigrate anyone’s credibility considering you have none. I believe that’s the view of every person posting in this forum no matter where they come from. 

Lol Rookie mistake..."I believe that’s the view of every person posting in this forum"

You should never EVER speak for everyone else.

26 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Lol Rookie mistake..."I believe that’s the view of every person posting in this forum"

Foryourfool unfortunately for you but fortunately for the rest of us JJD is speaking for everyone else.

I am a great believer that life is a perfectible process however in your case I will have to make an exception.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

JJD is speaking for all of the trolls.

Yeah I know.

Just now, Forourselves said:

Yeah I know.

On and on the comedy goes a never ending petulant diatribe of constant denials .

Rearranging the deck chairs to suit your discombobulated version of reality Clarkey just ain’t cutting the mustard.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Ok SClarke. To put it another way. 

You are the ONLY poster on this forum who doesn’t see that you are the absolute ini equivalent of Smackdaddy. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Crikey you make Smack look classy.

Coming from the guy that has nothing better to do with his time than hurl insults at Me. 

I get it. You think I'm a "fanboy".

I am, I'm a "fanboy"of ETNZ. Have been since I went to Auckland in 1987 and welcomed KZ-7 home, and 30 years later welcomed ETNZ home even though it was pissing down with rain. I'm also a "Fanboy"of the Black Caps and the All Blacks, and I'm proud of it. Sport is better when you get behind a team.

I'm also a taxpayer and I don't care that my tax goes toward a sports team that I support. I'd rather that than it going to paying for a fucking terrorist to get 3 meals a day and a roof over his head for the rest of his shitty life. But that's not my call, and I accept that. So Dalton can wear as many hats as he wants, and pay himself what ever he thinks he's worth as long as he wins and puts on an event Kiwi's enjoy. Thats his job.

If you have a problem with the team/ Dalton taking tax payers money, that's your problem, deal with it. But its not going to stop it from happening.

Taxpayers money is going to the team and the event, it already has, so you might as well get over it.

I don't care if you want to call me names like a 5 year old.

Insults from nameless, faceless anonymous posters on an internet forum don't bother Me. So you're wasting your time if you think your little insults are going to get under my skin. I come on here because I want to, not because others want me to, or don't want me to, just like everyone else does.

Like I said, I thought SD should've stayed.

But what ever.

Carry on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JJD said:

Ok SClarke. To put it another way. 

You are the ONLY poster on this forum who doesn’t see that you are the absolute ini equivalent of Smackdaddy. 

There are a lot of people, myself included that thought SD should've stayed. I don't care if he's a troll. I really don't. If he can take it like he dishes it out, I have no problem what so ever with it.

Thats what the Iggy is for.

I don't give a shit if you agree with Me or not. Thats the great thing about the internet.

If you do, Great. If you don't, Who gives a shit?

quit moaning like a 5 year old because I say stuff you don't agree with. Put your point forward and be prepared to debate, Or just use the iggy

button. Thats what its for.

Sheesh. Its like its rocket science for some people.

1 hour ago, JJD said:

I would like to think that a credible person would give his name and country.

23 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

I don't care if you want to call me a 5 year old.

Yup a bit of maturity would be appreciated and whilst you are at it add a bit of informational accuracy and a little less belligerents happy days.

Pretty sure Smack is still here. Just sayin.

28 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Thats what the Iggy is for.

If you actually used it we could all get some peace fire away rather than firing blanks.

5 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Yup a bit of maturity would be appreciated and whilst you are at it add a bit of informational accuracy and a little less belligerents happy days.

What are you the School Principal now? 

Just now, Priscilla said:

If you actually used it we could all get some peace fire away rather than firing blanks.

I do use it. I'm using it right now. You see, I speak to you on my terms. Thats how it works.

3 hours ago, hoom said:

Since its been a point of debate in the Amway thread: TNZ got some mighty slender little spreaders.

wellll, maybe discussion?

but i'm at a real computer tonight so i thought i'd do a bicubic zoom of the bits. looks like a control rod running up the mast to just below the spreader. serious voodoo.

edit :shot by @weta27 sorry

spreaderonewip.jpg

• Like 1

from @weta27 shot i banged in yellow on the mast highlight to show the bend they are carrying .

edit: i put in a straight line for reference. It will take me a year or so to get up to speed with @Lickindip

mast2.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Pretty sure Smack is still here. Just sayin.

Yep. he's a lying cunt, so why would he do what he said?

1 hour ago, barfy said:

looks like a control rod running up the mast to just below the spreader.

Thats just the lower isn't it?

1 hour ago, barfy said:

i banged in yellow on the mast highlight to show the bend they are carrying .

I wanted to mention that but I decided I was just seeing things :ph34r:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hoom said:

Thats just the lower isn't it?

Yes, you're Probly correct there. So still voodoovoodoo.

Honestly, I think a lot of the furor over use or misuse of NZ "public funds" is because NZ does not waste enough public money in an absolute or percentage sense. We're #1 in that and now that we're also world leaders in covid we don't fuss over a wasted billion here or there. ;)

• Like 1

Front-on: to paraphrase Trumpelstiltskin, "there are very fine spreaders on both sides"

Also looks like upwards-pointing cameras or sensors mounted on them.

spreaders-1.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, barfy said:

from @weta27 shot i banged in yellow on the mast highlight to show the bend they are carrying .

edit: i put in a straight line for reference. It will take me a year or so to get up to speed with @Lickindip

mast2.jpg

nice effort :D

First rule of drawing ... make sure you have a flat piece of paper

the boat is not square on and it's slightly rotated away from you, the section of the mast also reduces in the to 1/3rd or so, I would imagine the Flat section of the D needs to be built straight so pinch the line to the back of the mast

image.png.d4c51b034b7e8925493b933c7d8b4065.png

from this view, there seems to be a slight consistant Bow

here is one I prepared earlier

image.png.2a4a3e20724b4f785de392e0b542f31e.png

• Like 4

It's a dark art, alright. ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lickindip said:

so, I would imagine the Flat section of the D needs to be built straight so pinch the line to the back of the mast

I cheated on the mast line. I did a selection on the highlight and filled that -_-. I used Photoshop, not really the correct tool. Am proficient in Maya for vector, but again not quite right.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, Sailbydate said:

Still at it, Stinger? The ultimate shit-raker. 

C’mon, why try shoot this messenger? My take on the BV report was an eyebrows riser much like what this Kiwi took from it. 

‘Good headlines’ but wtf? is basically what I originally posted, this article agrees. 

I don’t actually care if MBIE loses the argument or not but the subject is headlines in NZ for now, why should we here ignore it? 

@Lickindip I will bin mine, yours is so much more accurate.  So they have managed to bow a carbon fibre mast.  Or did they make it like that?  Are the others bending there masts? begs the question?

Just now, Kiwing said:

@Lickindip I will bin mine, yours is so much more accurate.  So they have managed to bow a carbon fibre mast.  Or did they make it like that?  Are the others bending there masts? begs the question?

from the transport pictures they look to be straight ... easy to get some flex into the mast if you design it to be that way

looks like ETNZ have opted for the smallest length allowed at the upper mast plane of 2.6m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikenz2 said:

Screenshot_20200831-102727.thumb.png.4d1c9436e28fccde84cd2aebc7081b3a.png

Thanks Mike, for your extra effort to include the PredictWind graphics. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

back to the larger (at the top) Main

Good spotting. Yes, the square-on photo I posted was taken back on 30th of June.

@mikenz2 have they gone back in? At St heliers lookout and can't spot em anywhere.

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

@mikenz2 have they gone back in? At St heliers lookout and can't spot em anywhere.

Yep, they've headed back in.

Just now, mikenz2 said:

Yep, they've headed back in.

It was rather unexpected - they came up the harbour at speed, looking very normal, with only one chase boat then just kept going. Eventually the rest of the chase/spy boats followed. 

Short clip of them coming in at the end of the session and me getting sorted, I fully expected them to tack back out and they never did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mikenz2 said:

Short clip of them coming in at the end of the session and me getting sorted, I fully expected them to tack back out and they never did.

With restrictions easing, doubling back to the pub? :P

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weta27 said:

That's a good article, it puts things in a much broader context.

The government contribution is from the Tourism NZ budget - just like AC34 and -35. Now then, if Tourism NZ did not sponsor ETNZ but spent their contribution on advertising and promotional work around the world, do you think anyone in the country would seriously expect to see an accounting of exactly how the TNZ funds were spent?? Yet here we are...again. Can't help but feel there's a strong green-eyed infection behind the sneering at ETNZ.

I would not blame Dalts if he takes their AC37 Defence elsewhere, but he won't. He's a proud Kiwi who deserves a lot better that he receives from some quarters.

• Like 8

^ Love your optimism there, Indio. Not even a momentary doubt, or hesitation. Good onya. ;-)

1 hour ago, Indio said:

I would not blame Dalts if he takes their AC37 Defence elsewhere...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indio said:

The government contribution is from the Tourism NZ budget - just like AC34 and -35. Now then, if Tourism NZ did not sponsor ETNZ but spent their contribution on advertising and promotional work around the world, do you think anyone in the country would seriously expect to see an accounting of exactly how the TNZ funds were spent?? Yet here we are...again. Can't help but feel there's a strong green-eyed infection behind the sneering at ETNZ.

I would not blame Dalts if he takes their AC37 Defence elsewhere, but he won't. He's a proud Kiwi who deserves a lot better that he receives from some quarters.

MBIE - and by default Dalton - really didn't have an option to keep schram after the M&C allegations, and especially after the media got hold of it and the feeding frenzy went all the way to the High Court.

And Dalts did what he does best - attack as the best form of defence.

If indeed there is much sneering at ETNZ I suspect it stems largely from ignorance of the true state of play.

12 hours ago, Kiwing said:

So they have managed to bow a carbon fibre mast.

Not the fact its carbon but that its a proportionally fat D section.

• Like 2

Perfect day for some sailing. Any dock-out action?

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 8.34.50 AM.png

14 hours ago, Forourselves said:

118762572_4632009946824021_5191342796608

That’s an awesome photo!

12 hours ago, hoom said:

Not the fact its carbon but that its a proportionally fat D section.

D sections are used in carbon bicycle seat posts to allow splay compliance aft, whilst maintaining stiffness torsionally and laterally.  

• Like 1