Salty Seacock

Emirates Team New Zealand.

1 hour ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

The Herald is a shit paper which I read daily for over a decade. Their pay wall was the best thing they ever did ... it was all I needed to turn my back and never go back. 

... except when I am lured back by AC links here and am nearly always disappointed.

Quietly - if you are frustrated by not being able to read past the pay wall check out, ahem  - bypass paywall for chrome https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

I laboured in the Herald newsroom for a year, back in '59.  It was way better then.

Yes the paper's frantic and unpleasant tactics these days to boost readership numbers do no favours to the senior staff who are responsible for some excellent long-form journalism.

I'm a Safari user but thanks to you  I can see myself using Chrome whenever the rare Clickbait morsel tempts.

5 hours ago, weta27 said:

I don't know about that, I am amazed at the number of older people who come over for a chat when I'm taking photos. A lot of Aucklanders have boats and sailing in the blood, and even more just love any kind of top level sport.

Jeeeezus. Too bad us old bastards over 60 don't give a toss about sailing and sport? Still, at least we can slouch in our favourite armchair and dribble, eh? That's something, I guess. ;-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

Jeeeezus. Too bad us old bastards over 60 don't give a toss about sailing and sport? Still, at least we can slouch in our favourite armchair and dribble, eh? That's something, I guess. ;-)

Hey Sail less of the couch and dribble thank you. Banged out 60k on the bike here in in the home of the Cup today cleaned house did garden then cooked dinner for the admiral.

Our golden demographic are numerous fountains of AC knowledge  both history and matters technical erudite and polite in expression to wit Weta points not the confused babble of millennial Johnny come lately that know of nothing other than carbon infused twin skinned mainsails foils and 50 knots.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

As I like designing, I'm considering on a bolt-on armchair addition... some floaties, couple of foils, and an old sheet... I'll let you know when I've tested a prototype on mine. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

I laboured in the Herald newsroom for a year, back in '59.  It was way better then.

Yes the paper's frantic and unpleasant tactics these days to boost readership numbers do no favours to the senior staff who are responsible for some excellent long-form journalism.

I'm a Safari user but thanks to you  I can see myself using Chrome whenever the rare Clickbait morsel tempts.

Long time Firefox user... "Bypass Paywalls" add-on... works for me.

Funny, I noted the other day that, the longer term, consistently qualified contributors in this strange place are mostly medium-old farts and probably in their late 50's to mid 60's. The antagonists are most likely young bucks in their late 30's to mid 40's with the odd 20 something no-mates dinghy sailor darting around the edges taking a shot or two.

As I spend less time writing my dribble and more time reading these pages, I find myself appreciating humour so dry at times it brings about a dreadful fear that my eyes might suffer a low tide. 

I purchased a fleshlight the other day so, the bandwidth around here's being used to keep the dirty water out of my batter bags. 

Tally Ho gets garboards laid on soon. That's worth a look and a few bucks. 

Have a good week fuckers. Don't forget to root for Joe on Tuesday. Oh and, Fuck you Donald Trump.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Why bother in the case of the NZ Herald naught lies behind the wall never has and never will.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Good call, SS. So looking forward to Leo, Pete and the gang finally bending on the boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxHugen said:

Pocket works with Safari too.

51 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Funny, I noted the other day that, the longer term, consistently qualified contributors in this strange place are mostly medium-old farts and probably in their late 50's to mid 60's. The antagonists are most likely young bucks in their late 30's to mid 40's with the odd 20 something no-mates dinghy sailor darting around the edges taking a shot or two.

As I spend less time writing my dribble and more time reading these pages, I find myself appreciating humour so dry at times it brings about a dreadful fear that my eyes might suffer a low tide. 

I purchased a fleshlight the other day so, the bandwidth around here's being used to keep the dirty water out of my batter bags. 

Have a good week fuckers. Don't forget to root for Joe on Tuesday. Oh and, Fuck you Donald Trump.

Thanks for TH heads up. Huge Leo fan but have neglected him during the Pandemic panic.

5 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

Safari is my default browser, but I use Firefox + a few add ons to download videos/pictures at full resolutions etc...

16 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Actually bypasses a lot more than just The Herald so quite useful ...

19 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I see lots of attacks at the Herald above, shooting the messenger instead of debating what the substance is.

Yeah the Herald invokes that response.

The biggest issues is a long time ago it actually used to be the most reliable news source in the country.

Those of us old enough to remember are just unhappy and bitter at just how terrible it has become....  Of course  the same is true for just about all news sources these days.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

I see lots of attacks at the Herald above, shooting the messenger instead of debating what the substance is.

Stingray there was no substance in that article which is in keeping with the Herald.  I hope you didn't pay to see the lack of substance - there are many free ways to view the content.  I must admit the headline raised my interest but after reading the article was once again disappointed.  I wonder if Smackdaddy is one of their sources?

The article didn't add anything new.  As for the word "boogie" I'm surprised that someone was motivated to record the meeting.  I've been in many a board meeting where the general public would be appalled at the language used.  "Boogie" in this context is synonymous with "fudge", "massage" the numbers or can we "spin" this a bit to make it look better.  In this case there is clearly nothing illegal or sinister going on just a discussion about how we record the numbers and where we put them.  

If every board or senior management conversation was subjected to news media biased scrutiny then everyone would be joined at the hip with a lawyer and commerce as we know it would grind to a halt.

The only thing that would be of concern is that ETNZ as always are strapped for cash.  Nothing new and in the past it has seemed to be an advantage rather than a hindrance when you look at what other syndicates have at their disposal.  Keeping things going is what Grant Dalton is great at.  In my opinion without him ETNZ would have ceased to exist years ago.   

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Boybland said:

Yeah the Herald invokes that response.

The biggest issues is a long time ago it actually used to be the most reliable news source in the country.

Those of us old enough to remember are just unhappy and bitter at just how terrible it has become....  Of course  the same is true for just about all news sources these days.

A casualty of the digital age - piss poor journalism. After all, anyone can now write shit, right? Here's an example, right here! ;-)

Edited by Sailbydate
Boybland. The example is mine, not yours! ;-)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Stingray there was no substance in that article which is in keeping with the Herald.  I hope you didn't pay to see the lack of substance - there are many free ways to view the content.  I must admit the headline raised my interest but after reading the article was once again disappointed.  I wonder if Smackdaddy is one of their sources?

The article didn't add anything new.  As for the word "boogie" I'm surprised that someone was motivated to record the meeting.  I've been in many a board meeting where the general public would be appalled at the language used.  "Boogie" in this context is synonymous with "fudge", "massage" the numbers or can we "spin" this a bit to make it look better.  In this case there is clearly nothing illegal or sinister going on just a discussion about how we record the numbers and where we put them.  

If every board or senior management conversation was subjected to news media biased scrutiny then everyone would be joined at the hip with a lawyer and commerce as we know it would grind to a halt.

The only thing that would be of concern is that ETNZ as always are strapped for cash.  Nothing new and in the past it has seemed to be an advantage rather than a hindrance when you look at what other syndicates have at their disposal.  Keeping things going is what Grant Dalton is great at.  In my opinion without him ETNZ would have ceased to exist years ago.   

Agree with most all of that but the article, based as it is on a great deal of material available to them, does suggest a certain lack of the accounting accuracy, oversight, and overall governance you’d expect when dealing with the public versus the commercial budgets. 

I wonder who M&C’s replacement is, if anyone? 

20 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Agree with most all of that but the article, based as it is on a great deal of material available to them, does suggest a certain lack of the accounting accuracy, oversight, and overall governance you’d expect when dealing with the public versus the commercial budgets. 

I wonder who M&C’s replacement is, if anyone? 

Trust me if you ran an America's Cup Campaign like a Government Department you would never win it!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Good call, SS. So looking forward to Leo, Pete and the gang finally bending on the boards.

We're into Leo a few $$ per sode and have been since the Patreon page was put up. Every second Sunday is bacon and eggs while watching Leo lead the workmanship in a proper way. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Trust me if you ran an America's Cup Campaign like a Government Department you would never win it!

Sure, but ACE is an events company not an AC Team. Maybe this Nick Hill guy will help. 

2 minutes ago, kiwi39 said:

Anyone else getting itchy about the fact that ETNZ B2 isn't out of the shed yet ??

Nope. Content in the belief that it’ll be revolutionary when it comes out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kiwi39 said:

Anyone else getting itchy about the fact that ETNZ B2 isn't out of the shed yet ??

Pretty sure it's due out around mid November.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

Pretty sure it's due out around mid November.

Then can we please accelerate time in that case , FFS !! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kiwi39 said:

Then can we please accelerate time in that case , FFS !! :rolleyes:

curses you have figured out our strategem. the new boat will slow down time and therefore appear faster

7 hours ago, kiwi39 said:

Not me :). Patience is a virtue, grasshopper.

• Like 1

It looked like a mast got delivered today. That’s a positive sign :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Speculation Time: What will boat 2 look like? Most similar to ENTZ boat 1.........or boat 2 of AM, INEOS or LR?

My thinking is that there's plenty of logic supporting the INEOS design elements......so crazy as it sounds....I'm going with most similar to INEOS i.e. substantial full length angular keel/skeg, distinct hull steps, angled inwards topsides.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris UK said:

Speculation Time: What will boat 2 look like? Most similar to ENTZ boat 1.........or boat 2 of AM, INEOS or LR?

My thinking is that there's plenty of logic supporting the INEOS design elements......so crazy as it sounds....I'm going with most similar to INEOS i.e. substantial full length angular keel/skeg, distinct hull steps, angled inwards topsides.   

Ok, I will bite.  Here is my guess:

I doubt that they will go with the flat keel of INEOS.  I think they will flatten out the rear of the hull more like they did with their test boat to give more "pre-takeoff" stability that should allow them to use more sail power sooner. B1 had the problem of heeling too much which required them to de-power the sails until they reached a certain speed.  I think they will also extend the keel more to the bow like LR 1 (and all of the B2's).  I think their bow will be more like Patriot, which was hinted on the test boat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris UK said:

Speculation Time:

ETNZ Boat 2 will get the glitziest launch ceremony, the flashiest paint job livery, and the best name! 

• Like 2

To all the Americans on here, do your country and the world a favour today, and vote the idiot out of the White House!

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

To all the Americans on here, do your country and the world a favour today, and vote the idiot out of the White House!

WTF has that got to do with ETNZ and the America's Cup?

Or are you suggesting Grant Dalton can fix it?

17 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

I did my part at 7am this morning. So hopeful this shameful chapter in our history can begin to end.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

B2 will be totally different to B1 and all other B2s.

Just wondering how the hula will work, on a foiling boat :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris UK said:

Speculation Time:

I don’t think the hull will be the area of greatest development. We’re still seeing huge differences between boats, so there will be discussion points, but I think the main areas of development will be elsewhere.

I tend to think that foils and sail control will be the areas to watch. We may not see it all at launching either. I do wonder whether they will launch it with old foils but suspect launching the foils is probably more important than launching the hull in terms of testing time and revealing them to your competitors. 

How long does it take to design and build a set of foils? Less than 106?

6107B52F-E344-42D2-8625-E40936272490.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

I don’t think the hull will be the area of greatest development. We’re still seeing huge differences between boats, so there will be discussion points, but I think the main areas of development will be elsewhere.

I tend to think that foils and sail control will be the areas to watch. We may not see it all at launching either. I do wonder whether they will launch it with old foils but suspect launching the foils is probably more important than launching the hull in terms of testing time and revealing them to your competitors. 

How long does it take to design and build a set of foils? Less than 106?

I agree, ETNZ are brilliant at hiding new tech in plain sight. I have always wondered something was up with the boom/not boom, LR may have picked this up early....

14 minutes ago, WakaNZ said:

I agree, ETNZ are brilliant at hiding new tech in plain sight. I have always wondered something was up with the boom/not boom, LR may have picked this up early....

I agree - the main just like the last Cup will be the key area.  Foils although of incredible technical interest in my opinion is not where the edge will be.

In saying that I don't get LR's no boom approach.  I wonder where the saved weight has gone.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, kiwi39 said:

Official launch date is the 19th November. It may splash a week before that but, don't get your hopes up too much. The AC will be won with foil design and sail control. The percentile gains regarding hull and deck shapes will perhaps be, 11% of the equation. Sure, the hull and deck will be slippery and optimised for jumping out of the water but, functional industrial design will be focused on the efficiency of the soft squidgy carbon based units controlling the craft too. 

It will look very cool and rightly so. Expect to see graphical design the like only a strong dose of LSD could unravel and decode. 

Emirates Team New Zealand always come out of the shed with a little something to intimidate the competition and expose them for foolish oversight of loopholes in the rule.

If the rumours are true, then expect to be shocked. 

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

WTF has that got to do with ETNZ and the America's Cup?

Or are you suggesting Grant Dalton can fix it?

What does it have to do with the America’s Cup? Covid 19 Government response has been crucial to this America’s Cup, and still is! It has effected events, schedules and teams. The US response has been non existent and has now deteriorated into a “if we don’t say the words Covid 19 it won’t exist” the idiot in the White House has affected the AC and by association, the Defender and needs to go.

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

What does it have to do with the America’s Cup? Covid 19 Government response has been crucial to this America’s Cup, and still is! It has effected events, schedules and teams. The US response has been non existent and has now deteriorated into a “if we don’t say the words Covid 19 it won’t exist” the idiot in the White House has affected the AC and by association, the Defender and needs to go.

Then stick it in Corona Anarchy or Political Anarchy.  Or if you must post this stuff in the AC forum put it in the one discussing the venue!  If you think that the President of the USA has any influence on the pandemic management in NZ then you are delusional.  But obviously you belong to the crowd that believe all problems can be linked back to one person who either is a manifestation of God or the Devil.  Just like some people do with Grant Dalton.  Now that I've got back to ETNZ one of GD's key skills is his ability to run diversions i.e. all the attention and angst gets focussed on him (he doesn't really give a shit) meanwhile the team is focussed on the real stuff that wins or defends America's Cups.

I don't know if this rumour is correct or not and I've tried to corroborate it but.....

My boating neighbour is adamant that his mate (yeah yeah friend of a friend) saw ETNZ testing something off Bream Bay towards the Hen and Chicks.  Is Te Kahu still in the shed?

As many others have posted ETNZ for the last two campaigns have been really good at hiding things in plain sight.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, The_Alchemist said:

Found the video of the NZ capsize.  Goo thing no body got hurt...

Fuck'in Red Necks!  Watched to see if they got ground up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salty Seacock said:

The percentile gains regarding hull and deck shapes will perhaps be, 11% of the equation. 

Outrageously off the mark... Much more likely to be 12.4%.

Agreed that hull form will not decide the cup, but once launched you got what you've got. The sails and foils can at least present some opportunity to copy and attempt to close a gap...

3 hours ago, Xlot said:

About as well as a 2nd forward gear in an Italian tank:o

3 hours ago, Xlot said:

A fringed skirt hanging down below the Skeel to further seal the High Pressure /Low Pressure gap 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Then stick it in Corona Anarchy or Political Anarchy.  Or if you must post this stuff in the AC forum put it in the one discussing the venue!  If you think that the President of the USA has any influence on the pandemic management in NZ then you are delusional.  But obviously you belong to the crowd that believe all problems can be linked back to one person who either is a manifestation of God or the Devil.  Just like some people do with Grant Dalton.  Now that I've got back to ETNZ one of GD's key skills is his ability to run diversions i.e. all the attention and angst gets focussed on him (he doesn't really give a shit) meanwhile the team is focussed on the real stuff that wins or defends America's Cups.

WTF does God or the Devil have to do with the AC or ETNZ? Take it to Religious Anarchy or somewhere else...

My boating neighbour is adamant that his mate (yeah yeah friend of a friend) saw ETNZ testing something off Bream Bay towards the Hen and Chicks.  Is Te Kahu still in the shed?

Well Pete and Blair have been up that way sailing their 49er out to the Poor Knights so anything is possible.

Course B and C are back on. 

Fuck you Ineos. 

I don't know if this rumour is correct or not and I've tried to corroborate it but.....

As many others have posted ETNZ for the last two campaigns have been really good at hiding things in plain sight.

If true iM sure ETNZ will be thrilled it’s now on here 

Just now, Tommy22 said:

If true iM sure ETNZ will be thrilled it’s now on here 

Hardly worry them.  Especially when those that allegedly saw them are a bit technically challenged when using phone cameras/video.

It was described to me as "fuck they go fast"!  Intensive questioning did not elicit much more than that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Hardly worry them.  Especially when those that allegedly saw them are a bit technically challenged when using phone cameras/video.

It was described to me as "fuck they go fast"!  Intensive questioning did not elicit much more than that.

Could be some sailgp testing perhaps?

Edit: actually not that far from shore, 1m+ swell running all week

52 minutes ago, Indio said:

Again? Famously said by Bill Koch - birds of a feather ...

30 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Course B and C are back on. 

Fuck you Ineos. 

INEOS ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, barfy said:

Could be some sailgp testing perhaps?

Edit: actually not that far from shore, 1m+ swell running all week

Who knows but it was at least a couple of weeks ago.  I would have posted at the time but I was banned from posting.

7 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Who knows but it was at least a couple of weeks ago.  I would have posted at the time but I was banned from posting.

Whatcha do? :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Xlot said:

Again? Famously said by Bill Koch - birds of a feather ...

Smart man, Bill Koch - he knows a thing or two about kicking Italian butts in the America's Cup.

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Please cut that out, Italians were among the hardest-hit countries during the hell that was WWII. 

42 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Courses B&C are now back in play just like we all knew they would be.

Link?

3 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

I heard from an imaginary friend that ETNZ is going for full-out kite flying, like the Jeezus Lizard they will barely ever touch the water! :D 

Instead of Te Kahu (‘The Hawk’) it will be christened with the Maori name for ‘The Albatross’! 

INEOS were the voice of reason in the course B & C debate, so not sure why anyone thinks they are at fault or somehow upset by the courses being reinstated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSP said:

INEOS were the voice of reason in the course B & C debate, so not sure why anyone thinks they are at fault or somehow upset by the courses being reinstated.

What makes you say that? I’m not saying I disagree with you, but I haven’t seen anything specifically from them. 

36 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

What makes you say that? I’m not saying I disagree with you, but I haven’t seen anything specifically from them. 

The Arbitration Panel decision

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSP said:

Correct!! The only ones likely to be upset are the CoR/LRPP

Oh no, don't take it that I connected Ineos to the course B and C debacle. I just cannot stand Ineos in any way, shape or form and take opportunity, where possible to show as much. 

Fuck you Sir Benis. 

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Link?

https://emirates-team-new-zealand.americascup.com/en/news/480_PORTS-OF-AUCKLAND-CLEARS-THE-WAY-FOR-AMERICAS-CUP-SPECTACLE-TO-RETURN.html

So LR have shot themselves in the foot.

Now they either say, "Oh sorry, we just remembered we do remember the February agreement, that we did sign, which means the protocol needs to be changed" even though the Arbitration Panel ruled there was no breach of Protocol, or they continue with the story that they didn't know, and didn't agree in February, which seemingly means given ETNZ didn't breach the protocol, the Port giving the green light essentially means they go back to the status quo, and the original protocol they signed with the Defender. Either way, those courses are back in play.

Looks like we're seeing alliances being forged between Challengers. AM seem to be squarely in the camp of LR, meaning they may become CoR should LR win. Ineos are an unknown, they were a dissenter in the Arbitration case, so maybe they've adopted the "Lone Wolf" approach ETNZ employed in Bermuda.

34 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

maybe they've adopted the "Lone Wolf" approach ETNZ employed in Bermuda.

Does it look like the ‘Lone Wolf’ approach won GD any friends?

Hard to see why, despite the spin about this having been resolved, that any Challs will take the offer. They could be happy with the current ruling, as is their right under the governing Prot. 

4 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Does it look like the ‘Lone Wolf’ approach won GD any friends?

Yeah right, friends until they put a knife in your back when you least expect it.

Ainslie should be flattered. Hutchinson and Barker as well as LR obviously see the Ineos team as a common enemy. Maybe AM have conceded they are unable to beat LR and/ or ETNZ this time being a first time team, so they've decided to get behind LR and become CoR next to strengthen their chances in the next cycle.

I can't wait to see B2 so we can back onto the subject of the boats. not the politics, the bullshit and the bickering.! Whilst it's certainly typical of Sailing Anarchy I must be getting old and boring..! ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Yeah right, friends until they put a knife in your back when you least expect it.

When has GD ever made friends, with anybody? ‘Lone Wolf’ is an apt but not an admirable adjective.. 

The rest of your post is emotional bullshit. 

Like with the press release about the ‘vindication’ of ACE’s accounting, and of the prior wind limits ‘argy bargy’, both aimed at LR, this one is flawed. The issue has not been resolved despite the (yes, admirable) change by the Ports of Auckland. Nothing in it alters the Challs’ preferences. 

6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

When has GD ever made friends, with anybody? ‘Lone Wolf’ is an apt but not an admirable  adjective.. 

The rest of your post is emotional bullshit. 

They worked with LR for two cycles. I think in the world of the Americas Cup, that constitutes "Friends"

Hahaha when its you its called "Fun"

When its me its emotional Bullshit lol

• Like 1

When its me its emotional Bullshit lol

Logically, why would LR or anyone else agree to (re) introduce courses B&C, after they were already excluded? Do you honestly believe a big wet kiss from GD can seal it? 

4 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Logically, why would LR or anyone else agree to (re) introduce courses B&C, after they were already excluded? Do you honestly believe a big wet kiss from GD can seal it? 

The courses were NEVER excluded. Remember? LR NEVER agreed to the change! The protocol was NEVER breached (as ruled by the AP) or amended by the teams, therefor, the protocol and the courses remain the same as they originally were agreed.

Unless of course the Challengers want to now try and get that protocol thrown out because they regret signing it?

The courses were NEVER excluded.

The AP decision excluded them and so that’s the way it stands unless they issue a new ruling - one that will require unanimous constant by all competitors.

Below the Deed of Gift lies the Mutually consented Protocol in order of precedence. Not any late-stage Harbormaster guy.. 

Look, I hope the courses do get reinstated, in a way that does not advantage anyone practice-time-wise. It’s just hard to see the Challs agreeing the change to re-include them, since they have no motivation whatsoever to do so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stingray~ said:

The AP decision excluded them and so that’s the way it stands unless they issue a new ruling - one that will require unanimous constant by all competitors.

Based on the Ports decision regarding the restriction. Which is now irrelevant.

Below the Deed of Gift lies the Mutually consented Protocol in order of precedence. Not any late-stage Harbormaster guy.. 

Or the Ports of Auckland

Look, I hope the courses do get reinstated, in a way that does not advantage anyone practice-time-wise. It’s just hard to see the Challs agreeing the change to re-include them, since they have no motivation whatsoever to do so. 

They don't need to, the Ports have declared the courses for use, so its game over.

The courses are open. Game over 100%. Now back to the real game of who has the fastest boat..?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

This was the dissenting opinion by the third member of the Arb.Panel, Graham McKenzie, in which he preferred the Ineos proposal:

"My preferred interpretation is to largely accept point 8 of the Ineos Team UK Response (of 16 October) to the Regatta Director Response. They submit as an OR alternative interpretation the Panel could rule that courses B and C may be retained for possible use for the CSS Final and Match by banning the use of those areas by Competitors during the CSS
round robins and semi-final. I prefer this interpretation whereby any Competitors not racing during the period courses B and C are not available due to the Harbour Master local law compliance permit conditions, they would be prohibited from using courses B and C. This would include the Defender for such applicable period. The Regatta Director would still be expected to allocate to such Competitors the use of other courses including those being raced upon."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Based on the Ports decision regarding the restriction. Which is now irrelevant.

This is retroactive, the Arb Panel decision preceded it. Any new agreement to change courses, by the AP’s ruling, requires unanimous consent. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

This is retroactive, the Arb Panel decision preceded it. Any new agreement to change courses, by the AP’s ruling, requires unanimous consent. 

The courses haven't been changed. The protocol precedes the AP ruling. The courses are available, therefor the AP ruling as RG mentioned, is redundant. The teams signed the protocol, which has not been amended or breached.

11 hours ago, Kiwing said:

B2 will be totally different to B1 and all other B2s.

Care to enlighten? :D

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

The courses haven't been changed. The protocol precedes the AP ruling. The courses are available, therefor the AP ruling as RG mentioned, is redundant. The teams signed the protocol, which has not been amended or breached.

Apologies if this has been previously posted:  have the course details (number and length of legs, planned wind directions etc) been made available?