Jules

Supreme Court rejects challenge to Kentucky abortion law

Recommended Posts

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case challenging a Kentucky abortion law from 2017 that requires people seeking the procedure to first undergo an ultrasound where a technician is required to provide a detailed description of what they see. The court rejected the case, without comment or dissent, leaving the law in place.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-kentucky-abortion-law-rejected-by-court-today-law-requiring-ultrasounds-2019-12-09/

Kentucky law requires doctors to describe the ultrasound image of a mother’s unborn baby and to play the sound of the baby’s heartbeat for the mother, a law that the state argued is “simple and straightforward” and part of the state’s “informed-consent process.”  The law was signed by Republican Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, who lost his re-election bid in November to Democratic state Attorney General Andy Beshear.
https://stream.org/supreme-court-rejects-challenge-kentucky-abortion-law/

To be fair, the father of the unborn child should be there, too.  He's equally responsible for the pregnancy.  Why isn't that part of the law?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro-life birth activists applauded the Supreme Court’s decision to reject the challenge.

“March for Life Birth applauds the U.S. Supreme Court decision today upholding a Kentucky ultrasound law,” March for Life Birth president Jeanne Mancini in a statement. “Women and men* facing an unexpected pregnancy deserve to have as much medically and technically accurate information as possible when they are making what could be the most important decision of their life.”

EDIT: Calling their movement what it really is.  Once the child is born, they vanish.
* Can't exclude the men.  That's sexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the Supremes are desperately avoiding a Roe vs Wade challenge by refusing to interfere in state business. I think they are waiting until they have a bulletproof majority to go after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saxdog said:

 I feel the need to vomit. 

Go find a Republican legislator and make it worthwhile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Republicans mandating expensive and in this case pointless medical procedures is perfectly on brand. They love spending other people’s money for them, they know best.

That's why I'm advocating for the sperm-producing half to be included in these laws.  Can you imagine the Rs outrage at the concept men should bear equal responsibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jules said:

That's why I'm advocating for the sperm-producing half to be included in these laws.  Can you imagine the Rs outrage at the concept men should bear equal responsibility?

It's Kentucky. What are the chances the father is known?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saxdog said:

 I feel the need to vomit. 

 

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Go find a Republican legislator and make it worthwhile.

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

It's Kentucky. What are the chances the father is known?

That's why women need to keep contemporaneous notes after having sex.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jules said:

That's why women need to keep contemporaneous notes after having sex.  :rolleyes:

It is Kentucky.  Writing, like teeth, is limited to the fortunate few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jules said:

That's why women need to keep contemporaneous notes after having sex.  :rolleyes:

I thought one, both or more were recording all their sexual encounters now - how hard can it be to figure out the male involved?

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I thought one, both or more were recording all their sexual encounters now - how hard can it be to figure out the male involved?

FKT

...and that ^ is exactly why you will lose 2020 like you lost 2016.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, warbird said:

...and that ^ is exactly why you will lose 2020 like you lost 2016.....

Gonna be difficult - I'm an Aussie and have no part (other than throwing rocks from the sidelines) in your elections....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's Kentucky. What are the chances the father is known?

Start by asking her brothers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for an authoritarian leftist woman to be elected and go after men for wasting their seed on masturbation. Start with Warbird.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I can't wait for an authoritarian leftist woman to be elected and go after men for wasting their seed on masturbation. Start with Warbird.

Certain men would be doing civilization a favor by wasting their seed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warbird said:

 

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

Why do Republican men enjoy making women cry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, warbird said:

 

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

Not everybody. Just Trumpaloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Why do Republican men enjoy making women cry?

Because in their mind women are chattels.

This law is just another way of making the poor suffer for a mistake. Those well educated and with any sort of money can just get a plane somewhere in the enlightened world - Mexico is close - and get a termination done there.

I utterly despise people who want to pile more suffering on top of what is a pretty difficult circumstance to begin with.

Perhaps a retroactive abortion law would be a good thing - I could come up with a list pretty fast.

FKT

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Why do Republican men enjoy making women cry?

Because they are a minority angry at their increasing cultural irrelevance that has to lash out in performative cruelty with their institutional power to keep the idiots that vote for them in the fold.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, warbird said:

 

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

Because it's no one's business but the woman carrying the child. Certainly not some phony corrupt politician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Because it's no one's business but the woman carrying the child. Certainly not some phony corrupt politician.

What about the dad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Because in their mind women are chattels.

This law is just another way of making the poor suffer for a mistake. Those well educated and with any sort of money can just get a plane somewhere in the enlightened world - Mexico is close - and get a termination done there.

I utterly despise people who want to pile more suffering on top of what is a pretty difficult circumstance to begin with.

Perhaps a retroactive abortion law would be a good thing - I could come up with a list pretty fast.

FKT

Noce "english":lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's Kentucky. What are the chances the father is known?

He's probably in the next bedroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

What about the dad?

If he's pregnant, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

Noce "english":lol:

As is so often the case - that doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

As is so often the case - that doesn't make any sense.

He doesn't want to tackle the substance so an attempted deflection is par for the course.

Rich women won't be affected.

Middle class women won't be affected.

The only ones who will be affected are those who are too poor and/or too poorly educated to be able to go somewhere else. Funnily enough those are also the women who are most likely least able to deal well with an unwanted child.

But of course warbird doesn't care about that. It's OK if the kid is poorly nourished, poorly educated and basically trapped along with the mother, just as long as it's actually born. Anything after that moment doesn't count.

FKT

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

He doesn't want to tackle the substance so an attempted deflection is par for the course.

Rich women won't be affected.

Middle class women won't be affected.

The only ones who will be affected are those who are too poor and/or too poorly educated to be able to go somewhere else. Funnily enough those are also the women who are most likely least able to deal well with an unwanted child.

But of course warbird doesn't care about that. It's OK if the kid is poorly nourished, poorly educated and basically trapped along with the mother, just as long as it's actually born. Anything after that moment doesn't count.

FKT

Poor women are sluts who deserve to be punished. Right @warbird?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Power

 

7 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Because in their mind women are chattels.

This law is just another way of making the poor suffer for a mistake. Those well educated and with any sort of money can just get a plane somewhere in the enlightened world - Mexico is close - and get a termination done there.

I utterly despise people who want to pile more suffering on top of what is a pretty difficult circumstance to begin with.

Perhaps a retroactive abortion law would be a good thing - I could come up with a list pretty fast.

FKT

 

6 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Because they are a minority angry at their increasing cultural irrelevance that has to lash out in performative cruelty with their institutional power to keep the idiots that vote for them in the fold.

It was kind of a rhetorical question :rolleyes:

I'd like to propose a compulsory cystoscopy for all those men that voted for this legislation.

I don't understand how compulsory ultrasounds before abortion can possibly be constitutional.They are not a medical necessity for the procedure and must run foul of some part of the constitution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jules said:

 

To be fair, the father of the unborn child should be there, too.  He's equally responsible for the pregnancy.  Why isn't that part of the law?

Don't open up that can of worms.

Do you have any idea how hard women had to fight to be able to abort without the fathers consent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, warbird said:

What about the dad?

Bullshit:

What about him? He's not pregnant; his life is not in danger from complications; he could be a rapist, an incest perp etc.

If he's a committed father he will be involved with the woman and the future of the child . He will not need this legislation for protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's Kentucky. What are the chances the father is known?

Most people know their own brother, or father, even in Kentucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Most people know their own brother, or father, even in Kentucky.

But that boy next door could be her half-brother.....

Best thing - a DNA database, take a sample at birth, log it, can track everyone down, no problems, no more unknown paternity issues......

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, warbird said:

 

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

Yea, Educational....  They obviously sold it as such and you and your ilk are actually lapping it up..  Fuck off and do tell how a staunch advocate of preserving individual rights (gunz, land holding, taxes and all the other conservative shit) reaches such a conclusion(don't u dare touch my gunz, but sure, go ahead and force that 19 yo girl cary a child to the detriment of her well being and place in socieity.)?  You do realize that you are saying that the govt has the right to determine what rights an individual has when it comes to their own body as well as forcing said practioners to provide the info even if they oppose the situation.  Educational info my ass....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
On 12/10/2019 at 8:27 AM, Jules said:

To be fair, the father of the unborn child should be there, too.  He's equally responsible for the pregnancy.  Why isn't that part of the law?

Don't open up that can of worms.

Do you have any idea how hard women had to fight to be able to abort without the fathers consent?

The natural extension of my suggestion is the father will be identified and therefore be responsible for being part of the procreation.  And if he wants the kid so bad, he can pay child support or raise the kid himself.  We have to end the myopic mentality that pregnancy is solely the responsibility of the mother.  Too often the mother wants to terminate the pregnancy because the father vanished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

But that boy next door could be her half-brother.....

Best thing - a DNA database, take a sample at birth, log it, can track everyone down, no problems, no more unknown paternity issues......

FKT

Well. That would greatly simplify the work of millions of detectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:

Well. That would greatly simplify the work of millions of detectives.

Simpler than implanting a RFID tag or tattooing a bar code, though not (yet) as useful for tracking people about the place in real time.

Where's Tom to scream about violation of civil liberties?

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaggy said:
On 12/10/2019 at 10:12 AM, warbird said:

You otherwise believe everybody in a Red state is stupid, why is this small, educational mandate to improve the knowledge of otherwise stupid people so awful?

 

Not everybody - only the morans who continue to support the shitstain and this sort of government intrusion into private lives.

You know, you and your elk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jules said:

The natural extension of my suggestion is the father will be identified and therefore be responsible for being part of the procreation. 

And if he wants the kid so bad, he can pay child support or raise the kid himself.

And have you ever tried to get child support out of someone who really doesn't want to pay?

And have you ever had to fear that if someone pays child support they'll claim visitation rights?

And have you ever had to carry a child to term when you didn't want to."because the dad wants it so bad?

Have you ever been so afraid of an ex partner that you'd move to another state to hide?

I'm sure you mean well but really you have no idea what your proposing

  We have to end the myopic mentality that pregnancy is solely the responsibility of the mother.  Too often the mother wants to terminate the pregnancy because the father vanished.

And the natural extension of my point is that some "Men" are totally capable of enjoying their partners distress being forced to undergo an ultrasound and being tormented with lectures if she chooses to abort against his wishes. Just don't go there.

We have to end this myopic mentality that men have any say in these matters. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, just keep us for stud service - where we belong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, just keep us for stud service - where we belong.

You can be as sarcastic as you like, but ultimately, men should have no place in this debate.

Individuals may be granted a time to put their POV if it's their partner making the decision to carry or not , but  this is only a courtesy offered not a right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

And the natural extension of my point is that some "Men" are totally capable of enjoying their partners distress being forced to undergo an ultrasound and being tormented with lectures if she chooses to abort against his wishes. Just don't go there.

We have to end this myopic mentality that men have any say in these matters. :angry:

I mostly agree but there *is* a power imbalance WRT finances later on. The male has no option of either terminating the pregnancy or having the baby carried to term, but in the latter case, *is* on the hook for child support for 18 years minimum.

Mind you I also think that comes under the 'tough shit' category and the time to consider that possibility is BEFORE having unprotected sex, not afterwards when it's too late.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Best thing - a DNA database, take a sample at birth, log it, can track everyone down, no problems, no more unknown paternity issues......

 

14 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Where's Tom to scream about violation of civil liberties?

Well, OK, your suggestion would be an unreasonable and warrantless mass search of the kind prohibited by our fourth amendment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, some of us men are very badly treated by the female power structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

You can be as sarcastic as you like, but ultimately, men should have no place in this debate.

Individuals may be granted a time to put their POV if it's their partner making the decision to carry or not , but  this is only a courtesy offered not a right.

 

Do kids have a place in the debate???  Just asking for my adopted daughters.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
1 hour ago, warbird said:

Do kids have a place in the debate???  Just asking for my adopted daughters.......

 

Yes, your adopted daughters should be able to choose what works for them, not what works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, warbird said:

Do kids have a place in the debate???  Just asking for my adopted daughters.......

That's even more idiotic that your usual shitpost.

WTF do your daughters have to do with the abortion debate?

Well, other than them now possibly wishing they had been.... :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That's even more idiotic that your usual shitpost.

WTF do your daughters have to do with the abortion debate?

Well, other than them now possibly wishing they had been.... :ph34r:

They would have been.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now