Dale Jr.

Comanche sold again?

Recommended Posts

Sold to Team Gazprom. They're aiming at a Guiness Book entry of > 100 line honours in a row. At least that's what I've heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s pretty gross if true. Dictator Putin’s dirty oligarch crowd claiming personal victories on something magnificent that represents the purity of yachting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jackolantern said:

That’s pretty gross if true

Just joking!   :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...But it's telling that you think it could be true.  :) :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jackolantern said:

That’s pretty gross if true. Dictator Putin’s dirty oligarch crowd claiming personal victories on something magnificent that represents the purity of yachting. 

Haha, and btw, you didn't actually need to edit your post. I (and I think everybody else) instantly grocked what you meant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it was a joint venture between a couple of internationally known wineries to create mutual brand enhancement. 

Shipping Commanche to the Med/Atlantic to be the symbol of Rothschild would give WOXI more camera time....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keith said:

Too late, their already a few knots ahead.

 

image.png.adc31545e89a8588f5cec3352c929b16.png

Which is why a more traditional vessel would add to the brand. Segmentation and all 

Scallywag is an example of multivenue/boat campaign already, but I doubt that the WOXI crew would be suited for transoceanic, so easier to just move the distraction out, rather than carry the expense and dilution of having to race more than one coastal venue. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Yep. It's mine now. Left Hobart yesterday evening. First sail with the new guys this coming Sunday. 

I do look forward to Sunday Gorn, will that be the lake or the harbour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Which is why a more traditional vessel would add to the brand. Segmentation and all....

Only problem with that marketing theory is there are no decent 100 footers outside Australia. Plus showing up and probably getting beat by Rambler 88 doesn't look too good on the brochure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jackolantern said:

That’s pretty gross if true. Dictator Putin’s dirty oligarch crowd claiming personal victories on something magnificent that represents the purity of yachting

Due to doping the russians are banned for 4 years to take place in any international sport event by Wada.
Speaking about the purity of yachting, and/or sport.
1113818520_Wada2.png.c44c6b6bc5a8741b544d7d1d4c8db880.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Only problem with that marketing theory is there are no decent 100 footers outside Australia. Plus showing up and probably getting beat by Rambler 88 doesn't look too good on the brochure.

Well I think the Ultime is sponsored by the bank not the Chateau but trying to figure out who owns what is beyond my concern. And there's no need for "decent 100 footers" much like 18' skiffs they are a local oddity. You take the boat where it's newsworthy. Beating up on WOXI for another few years is pointless, much like the overage actresses, their best days are behind them, and all the surgery and support garment's are not going to change it. On to new challenges and all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Well I think the Ultime is sponsored by the bank not the Chateau but trying to figure out who owns what is beyond my concern. And there's no need for "decent 100 footers" much like 18' skiffs they are a local oddity. 

Ariane and Benjamin de Rothschild not the bank own Team Gitana and they abandoned mono's after last VG. You miss the point. There are no European races to support a commercially founded 100 footer. They are private play things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Benjamin de Rothschild

"the chairman of the Edmond de Rothschild Group, a private Swiss bank established by his father and owned by the family. He was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine in France, the only child of the Baron Edmond Adolphe de Rothschild, a banker, and Nadine Lhopitalier (1932–), an actress. He married Ariane de Rothschild (née Langner) on 23 January 1999 and they have four children. He is a descendant of the French branch of the Rothschild family"

Not sure where the personal vs corporate distinction is to be found above. See the corporate website https://www.edmond-de-rothschild.com/site/International/en/ for this snazzy photo, note the corporate logo on the jib tack... 

image.thumb.png.8da706eecc5c5b1768fd7ffd984d3725.png

The point is not in a commercially founded 100 footer, though the main sails have been decorated with logos's in the SH.

More the point would be in doing what the boat was built for, establish records, with dominant performances. 

Staying in Sydney and beating up the slower boats every year will be boring. If the competitors can't bring themselves up, how long will they settle for not winning? That 100' fleet may dissipate quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=2ahUKEwi3w82BjeDmAhXEKewKHQyfCqEQFjALegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fcomanche-has-been-sold-to-russian-interests-after-winning-its-third-sydney-to-hobart-yacht-race%2Fnews-story%2F40bd138dbd4f782addb9566181810b5e&usg=AOvVaw3LYDTmVfJwiButPoZWPZcj

Is anyone able to open the link above?

Russian interests make me think to a possible Esimit Europa 3. Esimit Europa 2 was the former Alfa Romeo 2 (now Black Jack) and during their campaign they race in all the major Europe events every year (from Fastnet to the Barcolana).

It will be very nice to have another supermaxi around in the old Europe.

After Wild Thing restoration, Rambler 88 and Leopard 3 another entrants! Let’s see...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionessRacing said:

Staying in Sydney and beating up the slower boats every year will be boring. 

Why? Ricko has made a career out of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

"the chairman of the Edmond de Rothschild Group, a private Swiss bank established by his father and owned by the family. He was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine in France, the only child of the Baron Edmond Adolphe de Rothschild, a banker, and Nadine Lhopitalier (1932–), an actress. He married Ariane de Rothschild (née Langner) on 23 January 1999 and they have four children. He is a descendant of the French branch of the Rothschild family"

Not sure where the personal vs corporate distinction is to be found above. See the corporate website https://www.edmond-de-rothschild.com/site/International/en/ for this snazzy photo, note the corporate logo on the jib tack... 

image.thumb.png.8da706eecc5c5b1768fd7ffd984d3725.png

The point is not in a commercially founded 100 footer, though the main sails have been decorated with logos's in the SH.

More the point would be in doing what the boat was built for, establish records, with dominant performances. 

Staying in Sydney and beating up the slower boats every year will be boring. If the competitors can't bring themselves up, how long will they settle for not winning? That 100' fleet may dissipate quickly. 

I vaguely recall WOXI beating Comanche across the line in the previous two years.

Why would anyone want to buy a 100 ft Maxi and race where there is no competition, just for records. It's like being in nightclub full of hot single women and going home early so you can masturbate and then post on Twitter how good it was.

 

If you want to race a 100ft alone, CQS would make a better boat for more interesting racing

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Why? Ricko has made a career out of it.

@LionessRacing Actually all the fast boats come here to try & beat WOXI because SH has the highest caliber of competition in the world. Evidence being every 90-100’ supermaxi has come to race. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I vaguely recall WOXI beating Comanche across the line in the previous two years.

Why would anyone want to buy a 100 ft Maxi and race where there is no competition, just for records. It's like being in nightclub full of hot single women and going home early so you can masturbate and then post on Twitter how good it was.

 

If you want to race a 100ft alone, CQS would make a better boat for more interesting racing

 

  

 

B326CF01-D5D1-498E-9007-C66EB02C4150.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to get out more. Most 90+ performance boats have never left the Med. The old Rambler 90 never went to Sydney. Most big boat owners can't be bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Staying in Sydney and beating up the slower boats every year will be boring.

 

6 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Why? Ricko has made a career out of it.

 

6 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Nuff Said... 

If you forget in last 5 years 3 boats and 4 owners have shared S2H line honours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

 

B326CF01-D5D1-498E-9007-C66EB02C4150.jpeg

You, of all assholes, are in  no way way of ever showing yourselfes in these circles again,
It is since your are crazy and degenarated and didn't make it in  the Uni nor the professional sailing that you are such a fucking lunatic.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Moonduster said:

You need to get out more. Most 90+ performance boats have never left the Med. The old Rambler 90 never went to Sydney. Most big boat owners can't be bothered.

Moonduster,

Its not that they can’t be bothered coming down here to do the race. We just don’t offer enough insensitives for them to want to come here and race or because the Hobart is capped at 30m Overall length why bring a 30m + length race Boat down here if you can’t race it. 

 

With the AC in New Zealand coming up now is when both the New Zealand and Australian Clubs should work together to get bigger 30m + boats down here for a season or 2 I think. There are a lot of great races or regatta’s that could be included in a superyacht series that would beat what Europe has to offer if the clubs worked together. You could even get the TP52’s down here if you wanted too as well. 

 

So it’s not that they can’t be bothered. We just need to offer more insentives for the owners to want to come and race here and not just for 1 race like the Hobart. 

 

Pulpit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonduster said:

You need to get out more. Most 90+ performance boats have never left the Med. The old Rambler 90 never went to Sydney. Most big boat owners can't be bothered.

Rambler 90 the old Alfa Romeo 90 which started life as a S-H boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pulpit said:

Moonduster,

Its not that they can’t be bothered coming down here to do the race. We just don’t offer enough insensitives for them to want to come here and race or because the Hobart is capped at 30m Overall length why bring a 30m + length race Boat down here if you can’t race it. 

 

With the AC in New Zealand coming up now is when both the New Zealand and Australian Clubs should work together to get bigger 30m + boats down here for a season or 2 I think. There are a lot of great races or regatta’s that could be included in a superyacht series that would beat what Europe has to offer if the clubs worked together. You could even get the TP52’s down here if you wanted too as well. 

 

So it’s not that they can’t be bothered. We just need to offer more insentives for the owners to want to come and race here and not just for 1 race like the Hobart. 

 

Pulpit 

No one wants to bring their Wally down here to get beaten by VO70 & RP60-66 brigade. Like Zefiro did in 2013. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonduster said:

You need to get out more. Most 90+ performance boats have never left the Med. The old Rambler 90 never went to Sydney. Most big boat owners can't be bothered.

Moon you maybe need to get out even more.

Most 90+ performance boats that sail in the Med don't come from the Med but from elsewhere. Then when they leave there is not much left there.

That ex Med/Europe list includes 4 out of 5 in this year's S2H with 2 from NZ and 2 from the US by their original build ownership. Then when they leave the Europe/Nth Hemisphere end up in Australia all Australian owned. 

PS. You are incorrect saying George David's Rambler 90 never made it to Sydney. Previously as Shockwave 1 it got LH in 2002 S2H. David's Rambler 100 (charter or owned?) and current 88 also made the trip, with the former now a fixture (InfoTrack).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Previously as Shockwave 1 it got LH in 2002 S2H. 

Shockwave 80’ was number 5. 90’ must be number 6 (or more) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why would anyone want to buy a 100 ft Maxi and race where there is no competition, just for records. It's like being in nightclub full of hot single women and going home early so you can masturbate and then post on Twitter how good it was.

Hoppy did they give you a full or partial refund on the Club entry fee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Shockwave 80’ was number 5. 90’ must be number 6 (or more) 

Scan correct then became the German's Morning Glory? His Shockwave 4 appeared this year as URM. Croaky went through boats faster than his shoes back then.

I put the 1 there as first ahead of Shockwave 2/Alpha Romeo in this 90+ category. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hoppy did they give you a full or partial refund on the Club entry fee?

Is there a Deplorables Club, for wankers?

I only know of a Greta Wankers Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schakel said:

You, of all assholes, are in  no way way of ever showing yourselfes in these circles again,
It is since your are crazy and degenarated and didn't make it in  the Uni nor the professional sailing that you are such a fucking lunatic.

Happy New Year Schakel !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Happy New Year Schakel !

 

Generous to tell him it's NY. He is pissed every day and can't tell the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rainbow Spirit said:

WOXII?

There will probably not be another 100 footer built again....Once mini maxi size foilers are developed enough to handle mixed conditions year in year out they will be the new Division O. The current crop landfill or for Whitsunday backpackers losing their lunch over.

Andrew Buckland has said matching polars to 2018 Race weather this boat would have finished in front of the 100 footers. It's design pedigree is obviously the T Ruddered 2018 VOR Super 60 which was abandoned by the RO.

Sydney Hobart Foiler Design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

"would have finished in front of the 100 footers".

...except for one small detail... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Andrew Buckland has said matching polars to 2018 Race weather this boat would have finished in front of the 100 footers. It's design pedigree is obviously the T Ruddered 2018 VOR Super 60 which was abandoned by the RO.

Sydney Hobart Foiler Design

If only he'd remembered to get the money and build the boat! What a goose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jethrow said:

...except for one small detail... :P

The money and RO is glacial but coming around....remember Double Handed division next year. Who would have thought of that only a short time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All for a foiling 75’ purpose built for this race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

If only he'd remembered to get the money and build the boat! What a goose!

Put it on the pile with Langmen’s canting deck 100’? 

Let’s not forget how VO70’s we’re going to be faster than 100’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

If only he'd remembered to get the money and build the boat! What a goose!

Remember this is ahead of IMOCA current design development so alone. Needs that rule to take on T Rudders to get traction for a crewed version.

He is also not exactly alone out there in chasing money department let alone $3m plus campaign bucks and is truly alone in hemisphere terms. How much northern hemisphere money is backing grand prix entries in TOR to date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52’ seems like an odd size for full foiling & LH. The current 60’s have proved the concept so unless they really think they can get LH or be well ahead of a 60 (Unlikely) they should probably just buy & race a TP52. 6 in the top 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

If you forget in last 5 years 3 boats and 4 owners have shared S2H line honours.

If you remember, Commanche was 3 of those 5 years, and once additionally  (if I recall) was retired with damage while in the lead? 

Further repetitions would be redundant, when there are more races, oceans and records to be had. 

Nothing wrong with only sailing in your local races, I generally don't race outside my club's events, except for the monthly interclub series. It suits our level of interest and program. We could step up to the regional "YRA" races, requiring more crew commitment but would prefer it remained fun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Let’s not forget how VO70’s we’re going to be faster than 100’s. 

Only said by one owner/his advisor who spent a fucking bomb trying to prove that theory then gave up after five years and got a 100 footer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

If you remember, Commanche was 3 of those 5 years, and once additionally  (if I recall) was retired with damage while in the lead? 

Further repetitions would be redundant, when there are more races, oceans and records to be had. 

Statistics are not your forte. Comanche has never retired came second to WOXI first outing in 2014 and in 2018. Then to get finicky one of those 3 was after coming second to WOXI who was time penalised.

Add up the significant race or records Comanche doesn't already own and come back to me noting some she no longer qualifies for now being powered not manual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

 no longer qualifies for now being powered not manual?

Ok, well I guess that when she earned the records unpowered, before she was gelded to race in SH with the local boats she forfeited them? 

Nice logic, by that standard you are playing CalvinBall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Ok, well I guess that when she earned the records unpowered, before she was gelded to race in SH with the local boats she forfeited them? 

Nice logic, by that standard you are playing CalvinBall. 

You need to give up. She was only powered/gelded in 2018. Forfeited?? Stop drinking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

There will probably not be another 100 footer built again....Once mini maxi size foilers are developed enough to handle mixed conditions year in year out they will be the new Division O. The current crop landfill or for Whitsunday backpackers losing their lunch over.

Andrew Buckland has said matching polars to 2018 Race weather this boat would have finished in front of the 100 footers. It's design pedigree is obviously the T Ruddered 2018 VOR Super 60 which was abandoned by the RO.

Sydney Hobart Foiler Design

Ahh, the much celebrated vapor ware. Normally you make fairly logical arguments, but it appears you’ve caught a case of the stupids today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack, 

it's NYE here, I'm in a festive mood, perhaps you've already transitioned into the next, and feel like battling. Have at it with someone else. 

No reason to stick around Sydney, when the boat is capable of so much more than coastal races. The LDV team showed that she was able to win 3/5 due to superior speed and navigation, and a bit of help from Richo's stupidity but that's racing. 

Far more interesting places to race than Eastern Oz. I look forward to seeing where she ends up. Who knows she may be a day charter somewhere for team building 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Ahh, the much celebrated vapor ware.

Yeah for maybe another 4/5 years, after that guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yeah for maybe another 4/5 years, after that guaranteed.

If we’re going to allow imaginary boats in to the equation, my imaginary boat is much faster than that imaginary boat. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

...and feel like battling. Have at it with someone else. 

..Who knows  she may be a day charter somewhere for team building.

Your the only drongo that keeps coming back trying to blow air into something you came up with which is full of holes. I don't want you to expire.

Hope that day charter team building mob already have no appendages...otherwise she will help them out losing a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Monkey said:

If we’re going to allow imaginary boats in to the equation, my imaginary boat is much faster than that imaginary boat. 

For 40 years easiest way to fortune cookie "monied crewed mono" development is to track "monied SH mono". I can't see anything over the next decade that will change that rule of thumb. I picked 4/5 years to get two more foiling VG's under the belt before it hits S2H at the top/big end. Tattersalls remain conventional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim going to Campaign the 70 now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JC dismissed the Russian thing which if it had legs why would he? Said he still had kids <18 he wants to put on the 100 footer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Weatherman said:

The only media reporting a Russian sale are News Corp's low rent mastheads like the Telegraph whose modis operandi is to make shit up. Sailing publications running it are only referencing them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be good time to sell. Got himself a couple of wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hoppy did they give you a full or partial refund on the Club entry fee?

I'm a VIP member at the club and get free entry, so I can come and go as I please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Most 90+ performance boats that sail in the Med don't come from the Med but from elsewhere. Then when they leave there is not much left there.

That ex Med/Europe list includes 4 out of 5 in this year's S2H with 2 from NZ and 2 from the US by their original build ownership.

Correction it is 5 out 5. I just remembered WOXI was in Med in 2007 for Maxi World's. Blew it's rig up at Porto Cervo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 5:06 PM, geeaah said:

I do look forward to Sunday Gorn, will that be the lake or the harbour.

Harbour for now, have to get my sounding stick out and check the lake entrancebut my gut tells me it will most likely be too shallow, for now at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Happy New Year Schakel !

 

Thanks, The same to you!

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Generous to tell him it's NY. He is pissed every day and can't tell the difference.

Happy new year to  you too Jack.
And no, I am not pissed,.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Generous to tell him it's NY. He is pissed every day and can't tell the difference.

It’s way stronger than just being on the piss. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's probably some Russian money sanctions that you wouldn't want to talk about if you were selling to a Russian would be purchases via some intermediary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Weatherman said:

Good article.  Sounds like Cooney is looking at what the latest-generation IMOCA's are doing, and maybe pondering what the fastest sized fully-crewed concept in that direction might look like.  Maybe something like a foiling IMOCA sized up to 72 feet with a crew of 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Good article.  Sounds like Cooney is looking at what the latest-generation IMOCA's are doing, and maybe pondering what the fastest sized fully-crewed concept in that direction might look like.  Maybe something like a foiling IMOCA sized up to 72 feet with a crew of 16.

Well he has got a 70 footer to play around modding ideas on as well!.........I’ve heard of madder conspiracy theories in SA, so why not? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t really seriously consider a coastal race on the arse  end of the world on Christmas where most western competitors can’t be bothered to show up to be a real test anyway. The real yachtsmen are on St Bart’s for New Years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

You can’t really seriously consider a coastal race on the arse  end of the world on Christmas where most western competitors can’t be bothered to show up to be a real test anyway. The real yachtsmen are on St Bart’s for New Years. 

Where else can you sail a cat 1 coastal race? Fastnet is cat 2....

That makes this race special...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Where else can you sail a cat 1 coastal race? Fastnet is cat 2....

That makes this race special...

SAR resources and deployment distances in Australia is the only thing keeping S2H Cat 1. Fasnet entry numbers are capped by that resource constraint where it is matched to Cat 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mad said:

Well he has got a 70 footer to play around modding ideas on as well!.........I’ve heard of madder conspiracy theories in SA, so why not? :P

Mad remember retrofitting IMOCA 60's with foils (incl Beyou's large budget effort on MC) didn't work out too brilliantly and they are much more conducive to that than a V70 platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigger boat. Bigger loads. Bigger structures. Bigger displacement. Bigger wetted surface. Bigger sail plan. Bigger displacement. 
 

Suddenly the boat is bad in all points of sail except broad reach in 25 knots + but still drags more than just a light beamy design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 6:52 AM, Dale Jr. said:

Any truth to this rumor that she was sold right after the Hobart race?

If I were trying to figure this out, I would probably look at the crew list for the hobart, and wonder why Mitch Booth was sailing on board. Then I would look at who Mitch "normally" works for. I suspect that might be the hint everyone is looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour is Wharro has put a down payment on scallywag purchase which is subject to Jim C acceptance of Sun Hung Kai offer for Comanche!

Wharro back in the big boats, his mate Witty gets a new toy, and leaves Jim some coin to play with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miffy said:

...Bigger displacement. ...

Yep nearly double v current 60's dry then SH so that isn't going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flags said:

If I were trying to figure this out, I would probably look at the crew list for the hobart, and wonder why Mitch Booth was sailing on board. Then I would look at who Mitch "normally" works for. I suspect that might be the hint everyone is looking for.

You clearly know someone in “the know”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flags said:

If I were trying to figure this out, I would probably look at the crew list for the hobart, and wonder why Mitch Booth was sailing on board. Then I would look at who Mitch "normally" works for. I suspect that might be the hint everyone is looking for.

Which crew list are you reading???? Rolex S2H site doesn’t list M. Booth on Comanche or Scallywagg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason AUS said:

Which crew list are you reading???? Rolex S2H site doesn’t list M. Booth on Comanche or Scallywagg?

 

Screenshot_20200102-203114_Facebook.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

 

Screenshot_20200102-203114_Facebook.jpg

Yeah, right. I guess you’d sail it like a Tornado??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Next Level said:

You clearly know someone in “the know”. 

I don't actually know who he (Mitch) normally works for in Europe, but I reckon that would be the direction its heading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gweudo in oz said:

Rumour is Wharro has put a down payment on scallywag purchase which is subject to Jim C acceptance of Sun Hung Kai offer for Comanche!

I'm giving this post the "Homicide Award"...if Wharro's involved any deal is fucking dead.

 

5db7f6eaebfe9-stupid-funny-newspaper-headlines-19-5db2bdce120d2__700.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Flags said:

I don't actually know who he (Mitch) normally works for in Europe, but I reckon that would be the direction its heading.

Son yours is the runner up prize for not giving up on keeping a brain fart alive.

images - 2020-01-02T225708.710.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flags said:

I don't actually know who he (Mitch) normally works for in Europe, but I reckon that would be the direction its heading.

I think you’re bang on the money Flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Next Level said:

I think you’re bang on the money Flags.

So fill us in?  New Gasprom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites