Editor

what is it?

Recommended Posts

Looks like a star with a weird repaired bow or maybe they added a few inches of faux bow to meet minimum LOA requirement in order to sail in their weeknight beer can fleet... def star mast, boom, rigging though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star trying to get more reserve buoyancy to hold up the fat boy crew rocking the boat on the bow?  Somebody found a loophole in the measurement rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

something in garda

Hmm.....maybe......I was about to say Garda as well.Something gave me pause 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont recognise that car park dont think its Garda?

 Sun in wrong place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe juan k has something to do with it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Editor said:

i believe juan k has something to do with it....

So, a Star who's keel is going to fall off, the boat flip over and kill someone?  Fuck jaun k.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, basketcase said:

So, a Star who's keel is going to fall off, the boat flip over and kill someone?  Fuck jaun k.

What's with the pretentious "I don't have a last name" Juan K?

Thats it. From now on I'm Fast Y.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Editor said:

Star.jpg
We mean besides odd?

Looks like an Amsterdam cheese wheel with a rig in it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SPORTSCAR said:

Looks like an Amsterdam cheese wheel with a rig in it

Yes, I wase going say parmessiane reggiono butte AMS is goode to.                                                                     :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fastyacht said:

What's with the pretentious "I don't have a last name" Juan K?

 

Can you pronounce Juan Kouyoumdjian? :P

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garda... or Como at Lillia shipyard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr Bo_Tangles said:

Can you pronounce Juan Kouyoumdjian? :P

He muste be Frenche, licke djian mustarde!                                                                          :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wide angle lens distortion. No one would actually do something like that to a Star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Schakel said:

5.5 metre class,
Custom build one off''s according to 5.5 metre class regulations.
5.5 meter Class rules
2054630298_5.5meterrule.PNG.e0a5bfbe6531e4d50b5fcc6a046a008b.PNG
1754031210_5.5metreclass4.jpg.acf1a67ff8abaa9615859d54cf661dbb.jpg
1039852997_5.5metreclass3.jpg.8d349d508304c92a330f8d87b2f74559.jpg


 

I doubt it with the square edges and chines. 5.5's are waaay more sexy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Bo_Tangles said:

Can you pronounce Juan Kouyoumdjian? :P

 

Hell yeha that 's just 3 syllables and a dipthong haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobbieB said:

I doubt it with the square edges and chines. 5.5's are waaay more sexy.  

Exotic is the word, somewhat too.
But exclusive, that's what they are.
1462082737_.BentleyHunaudires.thumb.jpg.487db578cdc22f0b053f1561e0c1edf8.jpg
Like custom build super cars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sailabout said:

I dont recognise that car park dont think its Garda?

 Sun in wrong place?

looks like malcesine 2 me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ITA602 said:

Lillia shipyard?

that would explain the fence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pajazo said:

Yes, Lillia Shipyard, Pianello, north Como Lake

Too Star to die

I used to sail a lillia. Then after that a folli. Never sailed in Italy. Looks like a nice place. Like the snowcapped peaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this happens when you give your one design to an Italian shipyard for some minor improvisations... Of course all within the boundaries of the class rules... at least the Italian class rules... I mean the inoffical Italian class rules... a screw it... the "I want to win and give a shit about class rules" rules... I knew they did this for the Melges24 and the J/70 recently... but I didnt know that they also now deal with the star... And well... in case of the J/70 and Melges24 the optimisation work was... how to say... at least a bit more subtle... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fastyacht said:

What's with the pretentious "I don't have a last name" Juan K?

Thats it. From now on I'm Fast Y.

Each time that fucker's name is mentioned,  someone needs to remind the community about keels falling off and boats breaking up. Fuck jaun k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RobbieB said:

I doubt it with the square edges and chines. 5.5's are waaay more sexy.  

True with the old ones, but the newer ones look to have at least soft chines above the water and quite snubbed bows - a bit like Mariner, the much maligned 12 Metre.  Probably not most peoples cup o' tea, but I kinda like the look.

Freeboard on these still look much higher than the boat in question.

55m1.jpg

Mariner.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

looks like malcesine 2 me

on the other side from Malcesine is vertical cliffs and no hard stand like that on east side of the lake, no fence at FVM club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 8:23 AM, Mr Bo_Tangles said:

Can you pronounce Juan Kouyoumdjian? :P

 

Jesus, what a tragic waste of vowels.  If he isn't using the damn things I wish he would send them to us in Poland.  Think of the kids Jaun!   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 6:52 AM, Schakel said:

Exotic is the word, somewhat too.
But exclusive, that's what they are.

That you, Yoda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

That you, Yoda?

Accept the challenge I do, Your Highness. Arrive by nightfall, I will.
Yoda always right, he is.
yoda-star-wars.jpeg?crop=edges&fit=crop&
But not in this ridle, it is a converted Star by Juan Kouyoumboudjan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been many insulting versions of Juan Kouyoumdjian's name around here.

I admire him. He is pretty edgy, which is bound to cause some negative reaction.

Did we ever get an answer to what that star-looking boat is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 10:57 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

that would explain the fence

I remember well that place as Stefano (Lillia) makes a very nice party when they make the yearly regatta! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nroose said:

There have been many insulting versions of Juan Kouyoumdjian's name around here.

I admire him. He is pretty edgy, which is bound to cause some negative reaction.

Did we ever get an answer to what that star-looking boat is?

Negative reaction? His keels fall off. His boats fold up and kill people.  Fuck him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, basketcase said:

His keels fall off. His boats fold up and kill people.  Fuck him.

Is it the design that kills are the build that kills?

I do know of some of JK's designs failing like Stamm's IMOCA 60 and Speedboats keel popping off...

What are the fatalities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nroose said:

There have been many insulting versions of Juan Kouyoumdjian's name around here.

I admire him. He is pretty edgy, which is bound to cause some negative reaction.

Did we ever get an answer to what that star-looking boat is?

Juan Kouyoumdjian did good work on the VOR 70's.
They still hold a lot of records.
https://www.sailspeedrecords.com/records

Rambler is a succesfull and beautifull design from his design group.
I met him, he's is not edgy but uncompromising in some way.
Simply because the boss of this quitte state of the art design bureau.
http://www.juanyachtdesign.com/
566217927_JuanK.thumb.PNG.a4d4737f9614f2146f735935a2b99fd1.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nroose said:

There have been many insulting versions of Juan Kouyoumdjian's name around here.

I admire him. He is pretty edgy, which is bound to cause some negative reaction.

Did we ever get an answer to what that star-looking boat is?

see post #37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:20 AM, Ed Lada said:

Jesus, what a tragic waste of vowels.  If he isn't using the damn things I wish he would send them to us in Poland.  Think of the kids Jaun!   

Juste caulle hime JK and bancke the vowelles.              :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Schakel said:

Juan Kouyoumdjian did good work on the VOR 70's.
They still hold a lot of records.
https://www.sailspeedrecords.com/records

Rambler is a succesfull and beautifull design from his design group.
I met him, he's is not edgy but uncompromising in some way.
Simply because the boss of this quitte state of the art design bureau.
http://www.juanyachtdesign.com/
566217927_JuanK.thumb.PNG.a4d4737f9614f2146f735935a2b99fd1.PNG

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, Liquid said:

Is it the design that kills are the build that kills?

I do know of some of JK's designs failing like Stamm's IMOCA 60 and Speedboats keel popping off...

What are the fatalities?

The Artemis AC72 designed by Juan K folded up in training and British Star gold medalist Andrew Simpson was killed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What or where?...BO @ the Y crappola!

Dodger me digs chines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, basketcase said:

Negative reaction? His keels fall off. His boats fold up and kill people.  Fuck him.

But his boats are look fast, like his 6mr. design... It really does look fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chuso007 said:

But his boats are look fast, like his 6mr. design... It really does look fast.

You mean this one?

So fast they never took it to the 2017 6mR Worlds in Vancouver.

Juan K Hippo.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 12 metre said:

You mean this one?

So fast they never took it to the 2017 6mR Worlds in Vancouver.

Juan K Hippo.jpg

is that the top or the bottom?

fuck jaun k in the ass, with a big dry push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 12 metre said:

You mean this one?

So fast they never took it to the 2017 6mR Worlds in Vancouver.

Juan K Hippo.jpg

B974B8AD-E54A-41CA-BD61-17F9E4F2BE06.thumb.jpeg.71ca50a9a32368431008ac8700695326.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now