Sign in to follow this  
hasher

My children are ...

doing well.

I hope your children excel in every thing they embrace. 

I know I am biased, but my kids are awesome!

19 1/2 yo daughter is doing geography and environmental science at Canterbury University in Christchurch.

3 As and an A+   for end of year exams

Was spewing her guts out yesterday - bit of a virus from a music festival down in Gisborne over the last week. (nothing to do with the booze consumed.........)

So she's out of bed as I write and off to work so she doesn't let the boss down

That's my girl xx

Everyone is above average.

26 minutes ago, Windward said:

Everyones children are above average.

FIFY.

At some point 1/2 of them deteriorate to below average.

3 hours ago, hasher said:

doing well.

So far, so good. A number of you know my son now on here and in person. He's doing great stuff working in the field of his dreams at Betts with a bright future in yacht design. He's also a nice, compassionate person I think, but I may be biased.

My daughter just racked up another 4.0 in her 3rd semester at Bucknell, so she's doing well too. She's not fully sure where she wants to be yet as an adult, but I think she's got the tools to succeed.

Good kids, love spending time with them as long as they're cool hanging with the old farts. We laughed a lot over Christmas/New Years when we were all together and had a lot of fun.

• Like 2

I could brag all day about my 22 and 26 year old kids. They are accomplished, smart and curious.

The thing that makes me happiest is that they like each other. My son moved for work to another state, my daughter is about to graduate with a masters in Engineering and she is looking for a job near her brother. And that makes me very happy. 

My son (with my ex) is awesome at 39. Went from junior Journeyman Lineman with a crew of 2 apprentices to Lead with 19 crews under him in about 18 months. He hunts,  traps, fishes,  and loads his own rounds with a box or two of  .375 for me every now and again. He builds choppers from swap meet parts. If your power goes out on a large area from a storm he might be one of the out of state crews climbing poles to get you light.

My daughters are another story ....

• Like 2

My kids are hairy.

Being a dad to several generations of cats has left me scarred for life.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chinabald said:

I could brag all day about my 22 and 26 year old kids. They are accomplished, smart and curious.

The thing that makes me happiest is that they like each other. My son moved for work to another state, my daughter is about to graduate with a masters in Engineering and she is looking for a job near her brother. And that makes me very happy. 

Yeah, ours get along well which is nice.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ishmael said:

My kids are hairy.

Being a dad to several generations of cats has left me scarred for life.

Just mess'n with ya.   I'm a dog person, so I'm required.

not living in my basement. Both gainfully employed and live 3000 miles away , but 1.5hrs away from each other. They get along, get along with us (the parents) when we are together and have a good outlook on life. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, Cal20sailor said:

illegitimate.

Mine too. 

I have some suspicions, but really no firm idea how many, where and who they are.  I wish 'em well anyway, and their children too.  If they carry on at the rate I was going, I must have half a dozen grandkids scattered across the planet by now.

Dammit, we had no idea that DNA tracing was ever going to be possible.  So I'm living with an eye cocked over my shoulder.

• Like 4

For years, my brother who' is  a much  more accomplished. sailor than me, if someone asked if we were related,, he would respond that we were pretty sure we shared the same mom.  

Our son just got back in the states from Paris, where he lives with his beautiful, brilliant GF, who is a full member of the Chinese Communist Party.  He's a programming genius, who  started college after 10th grade, had his first overseas gig at 18, and at 23  has lived in Paris, London and Hong Kong. He brought us one his GF's cats from Paris, as their apt is too small for 2 people and 2 cats. 

Our daughter lives near Austin, she has a couple of acres on a river where she has fruit trees and dogs. She's an artist and the most fun person, with the best sense of humor, that I've ever met. Dinner with her is one of the great experiences in life.

They both favor their mother, in that they are kind and very sweet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Our son just got back in the states from Paris, where he lives with his beautiful, brilliant GF, who is a full member of the Chinese Communist Party. 

:D Love it.

Dinner at your house must be almost as much fun as at the Conways. ;)

• Like 1

My daughter is of course one of the most wonderful, kind, beautiful and intelligent women in the world.  My grandmothers, my mother and my sister were the same way, so she has some good genes in her.  Modesty prohibits me from listing her accomplishment here but suffice to say they are significant.  She is also the mother of 2 year old twins (a girl and a boy), which gives me no end of satisfaction that she might now understand what a difficult job parenting really is, since that understanding was one of her few deficiencies up until this point.  Of course she is handling the challenge very well.

I claim no credit for her accomplishments.  My parenting philosophy was simple.  Treat my daughter with respect, model appropriate behaviors as much as possible, rather than lecture her, and let her get hurt (never seriously) or fail, when it was appropriate because pain is a great teacher.  The rest was up to her.  I always gave her as much responsibility in her life as she could handle, and she rarely let me down.

As Cruisin's example shows, all kids are different, even in the same family.  I believe a lot of what we are we are born with, and my job was to give my daughter guidance on the important principles of life, not so much on the details.  It worked well in my daughter's case.  I am damned proud of her, and I tell her that often.  I love her more than anything else in my life.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

She is also the mother of 2 year old twins (a girl and a boy), which gives me no end of satisfaction that she might now understand what a difficult job parenting really is, since that understanding was one of her few deficiencies up until this point. 

Payback time! :D

• Like 1

Our kids won the lottery of life.

They both chose their ancestry and the location of their birth well.

They are both good kids who each gave us a good grandchild and they are both contributing members of society.

When they were little my wife started on that whole "my son the Doctor" kind of thing that is so commonplace.

I said that all I cared about was that they were literate and happy - beyond that it was up to them.

I got my wish.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

:D Love it.

Dinner at your house must be almost as much fun as at the Conways. ;)

Oh good lord, you don't think the Chinese communists actually believe in communism, do you? Only Americans students and Bernie are that foolish.

Her parents are Chinese Big Rich, children educated in London and Paris, apartment in Shanghai that's a couple of floors of a high rise. I have a feeling that, if I had their money, I'd f*ckin' burn mine. 

It's a little wistful for me,  neither of our kids have any interest at all in the oil bidness. That's ok, that was my dream. They get to chase their own dreams, and they are.

Sounds to me like you did it right. Congrats, dad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Oh good lord, you don't think the Chinese communists actually believe in communism, do you? Only Americans students and Bernie are that foolish.

Not for a minute. Years ago I watched a lengthy documentary on the communist party and government structure in China from the village rep level on up.

It looked to me to be just like our corporate structures and processes. They get promoted up the ladder by performing well just like here and when you reach a certain level the interpersonal politics enter into it.

The only thing that resembled democracy was the selection of the lowest level village reps.

...today is the 8th Anniversary of our son's adoption, after he joined us at the age of two, after a perfectly shite two years up to that point.

He's now the 10 year old brother to our 15 year old daughter, and they are inseparable / fight relentlessly!

Both are growing up into 'world citizens' here in the UAE, and will be set for life with friends all over the planet in years to come.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, P_Wop said:
On 1/3/2020 at 11:33 PM, Cal20sailor said:

illegitimate.

Mine too. 

I have some suspicions, but really no firm idea how many, where and who they are.  I wish 'em well anyway, and their children too.  If they carry on at the rate I was going, I must have half a dozen grandkids scattered across the planet by now.

Dammit, we had no idea that DNA tracing was ever going to be possible.  So I'm living with an eye cocked over my shoulder.

You and many others from the sailing world.......:P

Lucky to be alive, after all the shit they pulled.

Once they grew out of it both became responsible adults with good careers. 

Stepson is a different story.

... living too far away from me, with the mother!

"The" mother?

I take it things were a tad acrimonious?

• Like 1

One daughter is a suffering poor artist. And  by that I mean she is a journalist at a newspaper that is still trying to hang on. She could make a lot more money doing almost anything, but she loves writing and the shit she covers (on the Texas border) is important stuff.

The other daughter at 24 is in Seattle and making more money than I did until I was in my 40's. 

Both appreciate our sacrifices to get them through college with no debt. They will be just fine. Oh yeah, they are best friends too!

• Like 1

Oldest daughter is 28, has a job that makes the world a better place, and loves it.  She has over 30k in the bank and is thinking about buying a house in the next year or two.

Middle daughter is 26, and will have her PhD in Chemistry this spring from the University of Michigan.  She'll be the first Doctor on my side of the family.  She's already had research published in the US and Europe.  Will get a job in doing research in the private sector or with NIST.

Youngest son is 21, and will finish undergrad in May for Trumpet Performance.  He's getting on a plane today for an audition as principal trumpet in a symphony orchestra in a Midwestern city.  This will be his fourth professional audition, and if he doesn't get this one, he'll keep trying.  He also has grad school auditions in the next month or two at Juilliard, The New England Conservatory, Northwestern, Rice, and Curtis.  

They're all very different, and all have their shit together, and know what they want to do in life.

Meanwhile, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mainsheetsister said:

"Sail bum" is fun.

I'm currently enjoying my gig as a driver for the local Old Order Mennonites 

35 minutes ago, mainsheetsister said:

Do you get to wear the little hat?

7 hours ago, mainsheetsister said:

Where did you learn to drive a horse & carriage?

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
7 hours ago, mainsheetsister said:

H & C ?  She saide she wase driveng Mennonittes..........  is theire carriagge involvde?

On 1/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, Cal20sailor said:

illegitimate.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:18 PM, P_Wop said:

Mine too. 

Highschool sweet heart ended up in a predicament. Senior year we signed away parental rights. All the libs here know I am worthless as a human and less so as a father. Sue(not real name) contacted me 23 or so years ago and met myself, my family and Mom (grandmother). Nice weekend but she dropped off the radar after that. Fast forward, grandson is 7 or so, happy, healthy, massive Beatles fan, Sue, too, is happy and healthy.  Meet in the near future. 

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Meet in the near future. 

Lifes moeste wonderouse giftes come frome the strangeste plaices.               You our blessed.                              :)

My cat made a mess of the Christmas tree this year. 

That's all I got.  :mellow:

20191221_183127-1032x774.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

What isitte with catts and X-mas treese?

Dead cats are good ornaments?

1 minute ago, warbird said:

Dead cats are good ornaments?

Notte siurre abote dead ounes....               Live ounes I no assume the snoopey 'vultiure' attittude.............

Screen-Shot-2015-03-31-at-5.45.00-PM.png

welle ...imaginatione helpes in thisse sitiuatione......                    :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

What isitte with catts and X-mas treese?

My wife got him some little mouses stuffed with catnip. 

She's an enabler  . . .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dorado said:

She's an enabler  . . .

Tellere I saye so to..................                      :)

8 hours ago, Dorado said:

My cat made a mess of the Christmas tree this year. 

That's all I got.  :mellow:

With two cats and two big, happy Labs with very thick, wagging tails, we just gave up on Christmas trees several years ago.  

No more mess, no more broken glass ornaments, no unbroken ornaments all over the house. 

We put a little ceramic tree on the piano now.  We are happy and the animals have found other less destructive amusements and they are happy.  Win-win.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, SloopJonB said:

"The" mother?

just a tad...

snooring.jpg.3bf42a3a15385b9135c0d46aab7e0886.jpg

between Beauford and the 120 kids who I am responsible for and whom I treat as my children all is well.  My doggy child still follows me around wanting things and my school kids still try to get away with everything...but they will all succeed ...I guarantee that 

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

With respect, Amish are horse and buggy, Old Order are painting the chrome on the car black.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laker said:

With respect, Amish are horse and buggy, Old Order are painting the chrome on the car black.

Thank you for the clarification.  There were both Amish and Mennonites of all kinds, as well as Shakers and Quakers, living near where I grew up in Pennsylvania and I was never sure who was who. 

Except around Lancaster.  The Amish are quite the tourist attraction down there, much to their consternation, I'm sure.

The Shakers and Quakers seem to be reasonably OK with the modern world.  I mean, Nixon's parents were Quakers, although the Quakers are probably embarrassed about that fact.

2 hours ago, Laker said:

some mennonite communities adhere to the horse and buggy thing too.

My 35 year old son has 3 kids and it looks like is going through a divorce....my 29 year old daughter is unmarried and childless and wants to open a deli  

On 1/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, Windward said:

Everyone is above average.

Lake Wobegon?

4 hours ago, Laker said:

Old Order community around here is horse and black buggy.  Local Amish are horse with gray buggy.

Why was the Amish girl smiling?

She had two Mennonite.  

One of the best Amish bits ever was in "Witness".

Harrison Ford is trying with little success to milk a cow.

The old Amish farmer says "Haven't you ever had you hands on a teat before"?

Ford replies "Yes but never one this big" to which the old farmer starts cackling with laughter.

The scene worked so well because of the unexpectedness of an Amish farmer having a sense of humour - especially about sex.

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

She had two Mennonite.  

Groooaaan! :-)

On 1/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, Trovão said:
On 1/7/2020 at 5:51 PM, SloopJonB said:

"The" mother?

just a tad...

That's a shit situation to be in for all involved..........

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:41 AM, mainsheetsister said:

Oldest daughter is 28, has a job that makes the world a better place, and loves it.  She has over 30k in the bank and is thinking about buying a house in the next year or two.

Middle daughter is 26, and will have her PhD in Chemistry this spring from the University of Michigan.  She'll be the first Doctor on my side of the family.  She's already had research published in the US and Europe.  Will get a job in doing research in the private sector or with NIST.

Youngest son is 21, and will finish undergrad in May for Trumpet Performance.  He's getting on a plane today for an audition as principal trumpet in a symphony orchestra in a Midwestern city.  This will be his fourth professional audition, and if he doesn't get this one, he'll keep trying.  He also has grad school auditions in the next month or two at Juilliard, The New England Conservatory, Northwestern, Rice, and Curtis.  

They're all very different, and all have their shit together, and know what they want to do in life.

That is pretty cool.

My son 27.5 yrs now is a Bio Chemist and just got hired by an aerospace company doubling his salary. He now understands that the College education will pay off in the long run.
He had to leave Kali to afford a house and start a family. He to is now making what I was making when I was around 40 yrs old.

For most of the kids today, they have no idea how much better their lives will be than in past generations, if they could just ignore all the BS hyped in the news.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, mad said:

That's a shit situation to be in for all involved..........

as shitty as it gets. but it's been some years already, so things are slowly improving as the kids, specially the older one, grow-up and start perceiving things, thinking and coming to conclusions by themselves. as a friend in a similar conundrum once told me "relax, they eventually grow-up and start seeing things as they really are...".

My daughter is 8 years old and I just dropped her off for her first ever sailing course. Day 1 of 5 0830- 1600 hrs. 

My wife and I met through sailing, my daughter comes out occasionally with me on a keel boat I race on, but we have been very cautious about pushing her into and subsequently away from sailing. 

It was her call on attending this week’s class and she was super excited about going but I am sitting here ( I should be working) worried sick that she won’t enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Rock stars. ;)

And continuing to excel. Oldest is back in the states and working on 2nd post grad degree in Space Science being groomed to teach at West Point for her next command.

Youngest finished her Masters in Europe and is getting married to an awesome young man from a fabulous family.

Me on the other hand continue to cause trouble and strife in the singles' scene.... B)

• Like 1

Hadn't seen this until today, and what a co-inky-dink.  This morning, I was just telling my children how proud I am of them and how they have chosen to live their lives.  The primary point being they are compassionate and selfless, without being doormats.  Their academic success is beyond that of my wife and me, and they choose to apply that in doing good things.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, mainsheetsister said:

Reminds me of the Amish woman’s fantasy of two Mennonite. 

On 1/9/2020 at 6:09 PM, bmiller said:

She had two Mennonite.  

Beat me to it 

My children are.... nonexistent.  You're welcome.

My stepkids, on the other hand, are awesome people, and I am unspeakably proud of them

8 hours ago, sailingk8 said:

Rock stars. ;)

And continuing to excel. Oldest is back in the states and working on 2nd post grad degree in Space Science being groomed to teach at West Point for her next command.

Youngest finished her Masters in Europe and is getting married to an awesome young man from a fabulous family.

Me on the other hand continue to cause trouble and strife in the singles' scene.... B)

You're a bit inappropriate with your cockney rhyming slang there K8. :D

My daughter is 18. Her first job at age 16/17 was not flipping burgers. Instead she was "Capaign Coordinator" for the woman running for city of Vancouver mayoral race - who came in 3rd. Still not quite sure how that happened.  She did say it was awkward on the phone a few times when somebody she was talking to would look up her Facebook profile and realized her age. 

She just flew back to eSwatini (new name for Swaziland) for the second year of her International Baccalaureate.  Same school as Nelson Mandela's kids attended. Canada airport security somehow missed the double stilleto daggers from Madagascar in her carry-on bag.  Never know who you will have to stab in Jo'berg airport I guess. 

She is kind,  clever,  and has a very strong personality. Sailing around the world gave her a strong sense of right and wrong and exposed her to so many cultures. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:
9 hours ago, sailingk8 said:

Our you sayeng the ryheming scheme ist off or herre handelling of cockney in generalle is, is, inappropriatte?                       :)

first one is finishing up his mechanical engineering degree at Cal this year and managed to do marching band, wind ensemble, and take a tennis elective the entire time, interned at Seagate last summer and tomorrow is lunching with his mentor there who moved over to Google. Is working at Google the new hippie dad version of having a kid join the armed forces? I kind of think these days the armed forces might be the more honorable profession and I am not joking even a little!

second one is in first year in aerospace engineering at UC Davis and decided that that wasnt hard enough and decided he needed to row little skinny boats at dawn and throw up ocassionally just to round out the deal

they are both the nicest people you ever met, love live music, are expert skiers, cyclists, backpackers, travelers, and can hold their own on a tennis court

I think they are going to be ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

they are both the nicest people you ever met, love live music, are expert skiers, cyclists, backpackers, travelers, and can hold their own on a tennis court

I think they are going to be ok.

Sondes greate, do they saille to?                                   :)

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Our you sayeng the ryheming scheme ist off or herre handelling of cockney in generalle is, is, inappropriatte?                       :)

In Cockney rhyming slang " trouble and strife " = wife

On 1/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Zonker said:

My daughter is 18. Her first job at age 16/17 was not flipping burgers. Instead she was "Capaign Coordinator" for the woman running for city of Vancouver mayoral race - who came in 3rd. Still not quite sure how that happened.  She did say it was awkward on the phone a few times when somebody she was talking to would look up her Facebook profile and realized her age. 

She just flew back to eSwatini (new name for Swaziland) for the second year of her International Baccalaureate.  Same school as Nelson Mandela's kids attended. Canada airport security somehow missed the double stilleto daggers from Madagascar in her carry-on bag.  Never know who you will have to stab in Jo'berg airport I guess. 

She is kind,  clever,  and has a very strong personality. Sailing around the world gave her a strong sense of right and wrong and exposed her to so many cultures. 

South Africa  has become  very worrisome .

Yes, South Africa street crime is a real thing. Have to be street smart and watch where you walk as a minimum. We spent 4 months there in 2017 and liked it - mostly.

I was there in 2017 and another cruiser had her gold necklace broken off her neck. Her own fault for walking around downtown Durban with anything expensive visible. OK not blaming the victim; nobody deserves to be mugged. But still not smart.

Daughter was on school break in Jo last year and an Italian student got mugged. She explained to me that the area of their AirBnb was fine, but not if you went two blocks one way. She mocked the kid because he was clueless in her eyes.

I feel really badly for the people of S.Africa. Decades of sub par education before apartheid ended meant many who got put in positions of power had no idea how to run a country or a business (Zuma). Now corruption is a bigger issue with so much public money being siphoned off. 

Doing well and well into their careers

#1 son BA in Philosophy Williams College ...followed by a degree in Law @ UF 

#2 son MS from UF's  Rinker School of Construction Management

On 1/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, hasher said:

doing well.

This is a funny thread.

How come no one ever says their kids are

"Awful but you love them anyway."

or

"My kids are just average, but they are nice and we love them".

Or "my kids left and I havent seen them for years."

or" my kids are terrible role models and terrible parents, where did I go wrong?"

or.."my kids are doing well financially but I worry they are not very nice people?"

this thread is unkind to all of us who are not perfect parents and dont have perfect kids.

All I can say is, most of us did our best. It's wonderful if you can say, My kids are happy.

kisses.

My kids are harder on me than I am on them.  I like it that way.

Early on I said that a parent's job is to create productive children for society.  We made it.

Daughter has been working in a lab at the Mayo Clinic working on MS and NMO. When I went to a presentation she did during an internship there in summer years ago, I had no idea what she was talking about.  One smart cookie.

Son is working in IT at a trading company inside the Chicago Federal Reserve building, with some kick ass benefits.

So happy for both of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

or" my kids are terrible role models and terrible parents, where did I go wrong?"

or.."my kids are doing well financially but I worry they are not very nice people?"

this thread is unkind to all of us who are not perfect parents and dont have perfect kids.

Weren't you just bemoaning the absence of your now-grown ankle-biters in another thread?

No one's kids are perfect, nor are we suggesting as much. People talk about their kids, it happens. It's something most humans do.

Shall we NOT talk about our kids because other people didn't have happy outcomes and don't want to share them?

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

This is a funny thread.

How come no one ever says their kids are

"Awful but you love them anyway."

or

All I can say is, most of us did our best. It's wonderful if you can say, My kids are happy.

kisses.

Along those lines, I hope that just once before I croak there will be a story on the news about some POS gangster or the like being murdered or some twisted little shit going on a killing spree and no-one who knew them will say what a nice guy they were - how they'd give you the shirt of their back etc. etc. etc. as is always the case.

Just once I'd like someone to say "He was always a nasty, vicious shithead and we all knew this would happen one day. The only surprise is that it took this long".

Just once - is that so much to ask? :D

16 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Weren't you just bemoaning the absence of your now-grown ankle-biters in another thread?

No one's kids are perfect, nor are we suggesting as much. People talk about their kids, it happens. It's something most humans do.

Shall we NOT talk about our kids because other people didn't have happy outcomes and don't want to share them?

Perhaps a little balance is all I'm asking. 

A lot of there comments seem to be fixated on academic achievement. There's much much more.  

My kids are not brilliant..but they'll do. :)

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Perhaps a little balance is all I'm asking. 

A lot of there comments seem to be fixated on academic achievement. There's much, much more than academic achievement.  

My kids are not brilliant..but they'll do. :)

Of course there is much, more more than academic achievement.

However it's pretty much indisputable that a university degree in any subject, from any accredited school, with almost any grade point average, usually gives job applicants a leg up over those without, all other things being equal.

Geniuses are rare and so are people at the other end of the spectrum.  100 is the median IQ.  65% of the people fall between 85 and 115 and 95% fall between 70 and 130.  Within the 95% range, which is to say most people, effort is just as important, or even more so,  than intelligence.  High intelligence is no guarantee of success in life.  An IQ test measures native intelligence and potential, not achievement.

Success in life is a highly subjective thing but I think it's what you do, whatever that may be, not what you are, that makes you successful.

35 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Of course there is much, more more than academic achievement.

However it's pretty much indisputable that a university degree in any subject, from any accredited school, with almost any grade point average, usually gives job applicants a leg up over those without, all other things being equal.

Geniuses are rare and so are people at the other end of the spectrum.  100 is the median IQ.  65% of the people fall between 85 and 115 and 95% fall between 70 and 130.  Within the 95% range, which is to say most people, effort is just as important, or even more so,  than intelligence.  High intelligence is no guarantee of success in life.  An IQ test measures native intelligence and potential, not achievement.

Success in life is a highly subjective thing but I think it's what you do, whatever that may be, not what you are, that makes you successful.

I have a friend with a 150 IQ.  He spent his life cleaning the gym.  Go figure.

1 minute ago, hasher said:

I have a friend with a 150 IQ.  He spent his life cleaning the gym.  Go figure.

Exactly.

The question is, is he happy?

1 minute ago, Ed Lada said:

Exactly.

The question is, is he happy?

I think the doc's had him on too many drugs.  Now, he is living in his own mind.  That's good.

Just now, hasher said:

I think the doc's had him on too many drugs.  Now, he is living in his own mind.  That's good.

Ahhh.  That's probably good indeed.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:09 PM, SloopJonB said:

Oops.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:09 PM, bmiller said:

She had two Mennonite.  

OK, I'll bite. Someone will have to explain this one to me...

Please forgive my English as Second Language status...

Please tell me there is something sexual about it...

Two men a night.