Sign in to follow this  
MauganTornado

"BucketLust" - beware

Haven't posted in years, but I figured I'd come in here and warn y'all about these fuckwads.  "Bucketlust" is a company that offers crewed charters in "exotic" "bucketlist" locations where you meet your "forever crew".  God I want to vomit.  Be right back.

Go check their cringe-worthy website if you'd like.  It's basically a service that offers to let you re-live your Spring Break days as a grown ass adult. 

Unfortunately for us, we didn't think to go on their website to find out where they'd be ahead of time to avoid them .

We were just in the BVI doing the rounds and we'd continually find these Moorings boats all over the place with these "Bucketlust" banners all over them full of 20-somethings all wearing the same swimming attire.  In Anegada, in that busy-ass, completely 110% full mooring field, they actually rafted up in the middle of the mooring field a couple of Moorings 43PC's and conducted a "Rage Clinic" - which as far as we could tell was a dance party, by a DJ .... until 6:30AM.  We were about 200 yards away from them but still the bass from their speakers was rattling things inside our cat all night long.  This wasn't the end of their poor behavior.  We witnessed multiple instances of what I consider staff abuse at several locations including Nova in Deep Bay and at the Willy T's... (although those guys dished it back).

If you see these assholes in your mooring field, - IMO find a new one. It'll only be miserable for you.

(Yes I realize how curmudgeonly I sound in this post - I don't give a fuck.  If what they offer appeals to you, cool deal.  Go enjoy your life being a discourteous prick).

• Like 2

I’m honestly sorry to hear that... 

i observed that boats with: banners; ‘fun flags;’ splashy graphics; megaTwats (megayachts); are to be avoided. Crowded anchorages: avoided. Popular, famous places: avoided. The above practice did minimize stress and maximize enjoyment. 

• Like 2

To be fair, the BVIs have been filled with charter boats with flags blasting music with drunk people in ridiculous matching swim suits for at least 15 years. The only difference is it is usually people in their 50s from Michigan with pirate flags blasting Jimmy Buffet or Kid Rock. The 20-somethings probably look better in their suits though.

Imagine giving your charter outfit details to friends/family/work and having to tell them with a straight face it is called "bucketlust".

4 hours ago, MauganTornado said:

Rage Clinic

are we sure this wasn't a Rave clinic?

• Like 1

haha. Millennial "Rage Clinic" - dancing all night at a raft-up party

Boomer "Rage Clinic" - Berating a 16 y/o Swedish girl on online forums.

Pick your poison?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MauganTornado said:

It's basically a service that offers to let you re-live your Spring Break days as a grown ass adult. 

For some reason, this statement chilled my shit, as they (used to) say.  I suppose my experience was atypical, but my Dad figured that "spring break" (and the others) was when I was supposed to do all the farm work that I skipped out on by going to college for the other nine months.  More like a chain gang than a beach party...

So I can see how some (ahem) mature specimens might be owed a few raves at this time, ridiculous as it may appear.  But not in an otherwise peaceful anchorage, of course.   

Ew...  Never mind.  Just had a look at the web site.

Ew...

• Like 2

I've never seen a whiter website.

• Like 1

this video is so incredibly cringey. they seemed to use every douchey buzzword possible.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, toddster said:

Never mind.  Just had a look at the web site.

Ew...

Just looked at that website...and (in best Snoop Dogg voice) that's some o' tha gayest shit I eva' seen!

I mean really. There are so many other activities to choose from:  those people could go to a couples' resort. They could go to one of those tacky, all-inclusive Bahamas gargantuan resorts. They could take a cruise or go party in New Orleans.  But hang around together in matching swimsuits?  What a bunch of puds!

• Like 1

I guess someone had to step up to service all those frustrated Fyre Festival registrants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freewheelin said:

this video is so incredibly cringey. they seemed to use every douchey buzzword possible.

Looks like they are targeting the same market that Fyre Festival did.

I didn’t feel at all sorry for the guests...most seemed to need a dose of reality. I really felt for the contractors and suppliers who got shafted.

10 minutes ago, KC375 said:

Looks like they are targeting the same market that Fyre Festival did.

I didn’t feel at all sorry for the guests...most seemed to need a dose of reality. I really felt for the contractors and suppliers who got shafted.

Indeed. And that documentary was great - but so was the Hulu on. It turns out that the Netflix one though was created by the same media and advertising company (Fuck Jerry) partially responsible for the fraud - basically trying to point the finger away. So don't feel bad for all the companies involved. What a mess. Watching it again knowing that is even better, since its just 90 minutes of finger pointing.

I feel bad for the Bahamian contractors.

• Like 1

Looks like the same market segment as Club Med 45 years ago.

• Like 2

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

are we sure this wasn't a Rave clinic?

Oh I'm sure.  If you take a look at the "itinerary" section of their website, it lists the "Rage Level" of each stop in the islands.  Anegada was "Rage Level - 5/5"  and I believe it - it caused me incredible amounts of rage as I actually felt my hangover set in prematurely while I was awake in my berth at 4AM.

Here was a picture of the PC43 raft up the morning after - note that at some point during the middle of the night, at least 3 other power cats had left the raft up.  Anyone who has been to the Anegada mooring field knows that its tighter than most, and I can only imagine how dangerous it was maneuvering in that field, at night...  The banner was furled at the point I took the pic, it was draped all over the stern from bridge to waterline.

(Sorry about the quality of the pic - I had to zoom in)

And yes, I'm no stranger to some a-holes in the BVI's blasting their Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffet (fuck I might be guilty of that from time to time) but I've never fucking had such abject disregard for other people's peace and quiet all night long like this.  One of my guests was an FBI agent who specializes in drug cartel work and I begged him to go over there in the middle of the night and flash his badge and tell them to start shitting between their legs or else they were going to pay for the custodian to clean it up.  Alas he (wisely) declined my drunken demand.

20200103_075047.jpg

1 hour ago, MauganTornado said:

Oh I'm sure.  If you take a look at the "itinerary" section of their website, it lists the "Rage Level" of each stop in the islands.  Anegada was "Rage Level - 5/5"  and I believe it - it caused me incredible amounts of rage as I actually felt my hangover set in prematurely while I was awake in my berth at 4AM.

Here was a picture of the PC43 raft up the morning after - note that at some point during the middle of the night, at least 3 other power cats had left the raft up.  Anyone who has been to the Anegada mooring field knows that its tighter than most, and I can only imagine how dangerous it was maneuvering in that field, at night...  The banner was furled at the point I took the pic, it was draped all over the stern from bridge to waterline.

(Sorry about the quality of the pic - I had to zoom in)

And yes, I'm no stranger to some a-holes in the BVI's blasting their Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffet (fuck I might be guilty of that from time to time) but I've never fucking had such abject disregard for other people's peace and quiet all night long like this.  One of my guests was an FBI agent who specializes in drug cartel work and I begged him to go over there in the middle of the night and flash his badge and tell them to start shitting between their legs or else they were going to pay for the custodian to clean it up.  Alas he (wisely) declined my drunken demand.

20200103_075047.jpg

LOL that would've been funny if he had done it!

What is not funny is putting anchored boats at risk because partiers want to leave a mooring at 4am.  That's a recipe for disaster.

Wow. I am sure they had professional captains, so I wouldn't worry as much about the raft up part. But keeping an entire anchorage up until 4am is just disrespectful. Honestly, blame the Moorings who were clearly complicit in this. This is a busy time of year, how many of their other charter guests had their vacation interrupted because they decided to hire out a few boats to this company. Not to mention the professional courtesy to other charter outfits & BVI businesses - along with general courtesy to private boaters. We all share the same water. A call to Moorings would not be out of line, and would probably go much further than trying to call the "chief party officer" or whatever 23 year old runs Bucketlust.

33 minutes ago, freewheelin said:

Wow. I am sure they had professional captains, so I wouldn't worry as much about the raft up part. But keeping an entire anchorage up until 4am is just disrespectful. Honestly, blame the Moorings who were clearly complicit in this. This is a busy time of year, how many of their other charter guests had their vacation interrupted because they decided to hire out a few boats to this company. Not to mention the professional courtesy to other charter outfits & BVI businesses - along with general courtesy to private boaters. We all share the same water. A call to Moorings would not be out of line, and would probably go much further than trying to call the "chief party officer" or whatever 23 year old runs Bucketlust.

Had considered calling the Moorings and letting them know.  Wasn't sure how receptive they'd be to a non-customer bitching about someone who had just chartered no less than a dozen boats for the week...

23 hours ago, MauganTornado said:

Had considered calling the Moorings and letting them know.  Wasn't sure how receptive they'd be to a non-customer bitching about someone who had just chartered no less than a dozen boats for the week...

They'll keep taking the money til there's some catastrophe, like an onboard fire or mass fentanyl overdose and they get sued into the ground (having deeper pockets than Jason "Forever 21" Kruger). Barest due diligence -- like watching the publicly-available Vimeo teaser above -- moves a disaster into the 'reasonably forseeable' column. Like, if you repeatedly rent out your warehouse to a bunch of ravers who boast on Facebook about the great drugs, all-night overcapacity dance floor, and  wild pyrotechnics ... probably gonna be a knock on your door. 

What are the odds that every single charter guest ever sailing in a BL cruise is a 100% flat belly hard body hottie like their vids and pix show?

Don't any regular people ever sign up?

Apparently not.

I'm guessing their business mantra is 'With enough drugs and alcohol, even you, gentle charter guest, can be sexy!'

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:27 AM, MauganTornado said:

Haven't posted in years, but I figured I'd come in here and warn y'all about these fuckwads.  "Bucketlust" is a company that offers crewed charters in "exotic" "bucketlist" locations where you meet your "forever crew".  God I want to vomit.  Be right back.

Go check their cringe-worthy website if you'd like.  It's basically a service that offers to let you re-live your Spring Break days as a grown ass adult. 

Unfortunately for us, we didn't think to go on their website to find out where they'd be ahead of time to avoid them .

We were just in the BVI doing the rounds and we'd continually find these Moorings boats all over the place with these "Bucketlust" banners all over them full of 20-somethings all wearing the same swimming attire.  In Anegada, in that busy-ass, completely 110% full mooring field, they actually rafted up in the middle of the mooring field a couple of Moorings 43PC's and conducted a "Rage Clinic" - which as far as we could tell was a dance party, by a DJ .... until 6:30AM.  We were about 200 yards away from them but still the bass from their speakers was rattling things inside our cat all night long.  This wasn't the end of their poor behavior.  We witnessed multiple instances of what I consider staff abuse at several locations including Nova in Deep Bay and at the Willy T's... (although those guys dished it back).

If you see these assholes in your mooring field, - IMO find a new one. It'll only be miserable for you.

(Yes I realize how curmudgeonly I sound in this post - I don't give a fuck.  If what they offer appeals to you, cool deal.  Go enjoy your life being a discourteous prick).

So your issue is that there were other people in one of the busiest charter areas in the world, having fun in a manner different from what you deem appropriate? Who precisely is the prick in this situation?

Did you yell "Get off my lawn" too? 

• Downvote 1

I'm pretty happy that the BucketLust people go the BVI and like places. It would be a disaster if they went farther afield: to the nice places. How can the BVI's even be on a sailor's Bucket List...or anything?

21 hours ago, bodega87 said:

So your issue is that there were other people in one of the busiest charter areas in the world, having fun in a manner different from what you deem appropriate? Who precisely is the prick in this situation?

You are. You’re also a troll.

12 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

You are. You’re also a troll.

Not a troll and definitely find it absolutely hysterical that geezers are whinging about young people having fun on the water. More power to them. 

56 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

Not a troll and definitely find it absolutely hysterical that geezers are whinging about young people having fun on the water. More power to them. 

Sorry, but when your 'fun' negatively impacts many other people it isn't 'fun' anymore it's a nuisance. That ought to be obvious to anyone regardless of age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monsoon said:

Sorry, but when your 'fun' negatively impacts many other people it isn't 'fun' anymore it's a nuisance. That ought to be obvious to anyone regardless of age.

2 hours ago, bodega87 said:

Good god, man, those twirling and twerking dudes in that vid are carrying on like absolute douchebags.  

33 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:
2 hours ago, monsoon said:

3 hours ago, bodega87 said:

Good god, man, those twirling and twerking dudes in that vid are carrying on like absolute douchebags.  

"Young people having fun on the water". So what if they kept an entire anchorage awake all night? Fuck that shit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

"Young people having fun on the water". So what if they kept an entire anchorage awake all night? Fuck that shit.

That AND the douchebag actor.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, bodega87 said:

Did you yell "Get off my lawn" too? 

There is a difference between

Young people having fun on the water;

optimist_header.jpg?n=4450

csm_aktion-kbc-parajuru-downwind-trip-fo

and Douchebags amusing themselves while imposing on others.

PWC_Touring_Ottawa_River.jpg

PWC_Touring_Kawasaki_1.jpg

It’s not simply the activity but the understanding of your impact on others. Renting an industrial loft for your grad party complete with band, DJ and excessive amplification is a great time. Putting the same party on in your backyard in a residential neighbourhood is a douchebag move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

“If it’s too loud then you’re too old.”

The amazing thing about being on a boat in the ocean, plenty of places to go. Pretty sure the op could’ve asked for their intinerary and fucked off to a wild limbo night on a remote bar and been in bed by 630 if they really tried.   

With the countless crying  threads of a dying industry and old rich white wet blankets of humans posting like this it’s not hard to understand where the disconnect is. 

Ok, I went back and watched that vid.

I’ll headbang with the best of them, I’ll drink my face off, and dance until dawn.

But that stuff is just plain douchey.  Especially if it fucks with everyone else’s right to peace.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

“If it’s too loud then you’re too old.”

The amazing thing about being on a boat in the ocean, plenty of places to go. Pretty sure the op could’ve asked for their intinerary and fucked off to a wild limbo night on a remote bar and been in bed by 630 if they really tried.   

With the countless crying  threads of a dying industry and old rich white wet blankets of humans posting like this it’s not hard to understand where the disconnect is. 

I may have been born old, as I grew up appreciating nature and enjoying it without imposing myself on others. I both did that while enjoying myself in other noisier pursuits. I payed some bills in my student days as a DJ. As a varsity and provincial level rugby player I participated in more than a few post game piss-ups that I’m glad preceded the days of phone cameras and selfies as I’m pleased there is no enduring record for my daughters to discover. While I enjoyed some loud pursuits I tried to not impose them on others.

So I don’t think I’d consider myself a wilting violet. But I do think it is simply human decency to consider ones impact on others. I would see the obligation to move away as being on those imposing on others - which noise pollution is, even if transient it’s polluting the environment.

If bucketlust is the future of sailing then sailing should die as that’s not a future worth sustaining. From the bucketlust vids...it looks more like the future of spring break/gap year – no sailing ability or interest required. I would expect that a very small share of bucketlusters have any potential of going on to actual regular participation in sailing / cruising. The same way I don’t think many of the Fyre Festival attendees would ever  actually travel the world in an learning way.

8 minutes ago, KC375 said:

If bucketlust is the future of sailing then sailing should die as that’s not a future worth sustaining. From the bucketlust vids...it looks more like the future of spring break/gap year – no sailing ability or interest required. I would expect that a very small share of bucketlusters have any potential of going on to actual regular participation in sailing / cruising. The same way I don’t think many of the Fyre Festival attendees would ever  actually travel the world in an learning way.

I think a reasonable person could argue that making five assumptions(the entirety of the statement) in a single paragraph speaks volumes to how curmudgeonly you view it. Couple that with no first hand knowledge?  Well I just hope I never have such a shitty view on others involved in this sport.

No one singular person nor group should define how to sail, where to sail or what sailing is. I feel genuinely sorry for those so upset seeing others have such a good time. 

For proper anarchy I see two solutions:

1.Snorkel up with a potato for their genset intake. See how long they can run the party with no AC power. (Just dont get run over by the boats departing the raft up)

2. Start blasting your own music at 8am and see how their hangovers like it.

but in all seriousness, that sucks, thanks for warning the rest of us to avoid them when we see them in a harbor.

• Like 1

I’ve reached out to the CEO through my network and expressed our interest in giving them a fair shake and not, as it were judging a book by its cover (from the said-to-be douchey video).  If you are into building “a close-knit global family for whom travelling is more than just a vacation, it’s a lifestyle choice, a custom, a religion, a passion, an unrelenting desire” and “are ready to meet your foreversquad,” then maybe they’ll fund an anarchist for one bucket lust week to attend and report back with a balanced overview.  You must be 25 or under, extraordinarily sexy, and be willing to disrupt anchorages at will.

6 hours ago, Lorax said:

Snorkel up with a potato for their genset intake.

There's a loud sports car who parks on the street near me. Somebody might have put a potato in 2 of the 4 exhaust pipes. It made the car louder as it drove away. Fail.

I think a cordless drill and long jobber drill bit so you can keep the drill above the water but the drill bit under the waterline is the way to go. A 3/8" hole lets in a surprising amount of water after a few hours.

Makes me glad we did our BVI sailing in the 1970's. 

In the 80's and 90's we did our laps of the marble, not by boat, but we saw a lot and enjoyed it. 

Now we're pretty much done. We know the places we like and the ones we don't. We go back to the places we like often. Being highly susceptible to sunburn, I don't see us ever sailing the Caribbean again. Give me Maine and Nova Scotia.  

I don't mind people partying, but it seems to me that blasting loud music all night in ANY anchorage/mooring field with other people around is demonstrating a fundamental lack of self-awareness, respect and courtesy. it's just not nice, and I respect nice.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Makes me glad we did our BVI sailing in the 1970's. 

In the 80's and 90's we did our laps of the marble, not by boat, but we saw a lot and enjoyed it. 

Now we're pretty much done. We know the places we like and the ones we don't. We go back to the places we like often. Being highly susceptible to sunburn, I don't see us ever sailing the Caribbean again. Give me Maine and Nova Scotia.  

I don't mind people partying, but it seems to me that blasting loud music all night in ANY anchorage/mooring field with other people around is demonstrating a fundamental lack of self-awareness, respect and courtesy. it's just not nice, and I respect nice.

That's what sailing is all about to me, being out there enjoying the environment and the peace and quiet and the noise from the natural world. This is Cruising Anarchy, I think most of us value what solitude we have even in the most trampled places. I don't see BucketLust being in my plans in any lifetime. 

And get off my lawn.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

That's what sailing is all about to me, being out there enjoying the environment and the peace and quiet and the noise from the natural world. This is Cruising Anarchy, I think most of us value what solitude we have even in the most trampled places. I don't see BucketLust being in my plans in any lifetime. 

And get off my lawn.

It's not just the lusty buckets out there, there's a pile of other flotillas trampling the lawns of cruisers on both sides of the Atlantic, and even in the middle of the Pacific. The windward islands are a much safer bet for good lawn maintenance. 

Cruisers will do as we always have and step off our front lawns and venture out to places where no one will bug us. If your taking your family to Norman Island for some relaxing time you've been reading the wrong cruising book. 

These gosh darn hooligans might just get a new generation of people on boats if they're not careful. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

And get off my lawn.

Agreed. (Though I have been guilty of some late night tunes at what "we" thought was a tolerable db level after several thousand cocktails............but at least we played good music :)

Screenshot_20190514-223352_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Zonker said:

There's a loud sports car who parks on the street near me. Somebody might have put a potato in 2 of the 4 exhaust pipes. It made the car louder as it drove away. Fail.

Yeah but the exhaust is trying to push gases *out* so dislodging a potato is entirely feasible.

A saltwater cooling intake is sucking water *in*. Blocking it is likely to be considerably more effective as the blocking item will get sucked up the pipe.

FKT

• Like 2

Even better if the blocking item is something like a rag that can be sucked well up into the pipe so it's not immediately evident from the outside and could plausibly have been picked up from the environment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jacki Chan said:

It's not just the lusty buckets out there, there's a pile of other flotillas trampling the lawns of cruisers on both sides of the Atlantic, and even in the middle of the Pacific. The windward islands are a much safer bet for good lawn maintenance. 

I agree with your comment on the Windwards.  Anchored there now and will be for years.  Virgin Islands....never again....total shitshow.  We're in the Grenadines so lots of liveaboards who know what they're doing.  However, big influx of French charter boats from Martinique that can make life interesting.  They always seem to arrive after the sun sets which is concerning and they always anchor too close, but most of them are captained with good skills so rarely any problems.  Always helps when the trades and seas are running as the charterers are all seasick so after all the chum is washed off the stern they head off to their cabins....

There is always someone who wants to play devil's advocate. But to say this as an age issue, or a wrong anchorage issue, is missing the thread. If you book a hotel room, do you think it is appropriate to throw a party until 4am keeping other people up all night because you are "enjoying the hotel differently"? Of course not, it is common courtesy. And try telling a hotel manager knocking on the door that the other people should not have booked a hotel in a popular area.

I am no stranger to raft up parties with lots of friends. But at a certain point, the music is turned off and the conversation moves below. Sound carries on the water, and it is just common courtesy.

• Like 4

On 1/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, IStream said:

I guess someone had to step up to service all those frustrated Fyre Festival registrants.

I miss The Yacht Week

2 hours ago, freewheelin said:

Sound carries on the water, and it is just common courtesy.

Common courtesy means that uncommon people will fuck your day up.  That's why those dang socialists made laws.

VWAP was there.

53 minutes ago, Windward said:

VWAP was there.

It could have just been a random French turd drifting by.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Common courtesy means that uncommon people will fuck your day up.  That's why those dang socialists made laws.

Ummm, no. The laws, *if enforced*, removed the urge to put 10 rounds rapid of tracer over the offending wheel house after getting told to fuck off & having the music cranked up.

But since the noise laws are pretty much never enforced in anchorages especially remote ones, other means apply. It is totally inconsiderate for anyone to play amplified music of any type in a peaceful anchorage and invites retaliation.

Personally I'd just make sure I wasn't anywhere clowns like that went. Problem avoided is better than one confronted.

FKT

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Personally I'd just make sure I wasn't anywhere clowns like that went. Problem avoided is better than one confronted.

FKT

Yes, see here.  They’d never dare go there.  
:-)

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

by "uncommon people", do you mean a group of like-minded adventurous unicorns from all around the globe who daydream about searching the planet for the ultimate wanderlust locations to cross-off their bucket list and are the family who crowd-fund, crowd-create and crowd-conceive bespoke experiences?

I’m currently out of harm’s way from any bucketlusters.  It’s pretty cold here, probably too cold for those party girls and girly-men (hurricane force gusts just a few miles away. My kinda climate -- I skied down to check on the boat, since winds will change direction shortly, to directly in here), and they seem to travel in packs, sporting big unicorn floaty pool toys around their midsections (according to the promo vid above).  I feel safe here.  I’ll pour a wee Scotch and wait a while to be sure.

7266965E-0F89-4D76-92F7-9450742C26B3.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I’m currently out of harm’s way from any bucketlusters.  It’s pretty cold here, probably too cold for those party girls and girly-men (hurricane force gusts just a few miles away. My kinda climate -- I skied down to check on the boat, since winds will change direction shortly, to directly in here), and they seem to travel in packs, sporting big unicorn floaty pool toys around their midsections (according to the promo vid above).  I feel safe here.  I’ll pour a wee Scotch and wait a while to be sure.

7266965E-0F89-4D76-92F7-9450742C26B3.jpeg

What is that horrible looking white stuff?

FKT

51 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

What is that horrible looking white stuff?

FKT

It is a precursor to hard water sailing

I cruised the BVI's in the early 80s and 90s so am disturbed to see this as we have just booked 2 weeks bareboat there.  Maybe gonna regret that, hope some of our old hidey holes are still not to crowded.

On 1/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, MauganTornado said:

Tell them you are a reporter for the website Sailing Anarchy and you are writing a piece about Bucketlust and Moorings support of it, and can they answer a few questions about their arrangement with bucketlust?  That shit works sometimes, Moorings knows SA has big reach amongst their US and UK clients.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:18 PM, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I’d prance around my deck naked and do strange things until they left.  Whatever it takes.

So, you'd treat it like an ordinary day, pretty much. 

39 minutes ago, Lex Teredo said:

So, you'd treat it like an ordinary day, pretty much. 

Mate, you don’t know me, so don’t assume anything.

It gets a lot more extreme than that on a daily basis.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

No no, it’s a love shack baby.  Never heard of the Eskimo Roll? :-)

In all seriousness (ask a silly question, get a silly answer), no we don’t live aboard now (but it’s fine when diesel heater going).

I skied down after a rare snow dump since it was howling 60+ just outside our harbour, then it was forecast later to switch directions to right into the harbour, and build to 50.  So I went down to check lines.  But, as an old geezer who lives aboard his trawler told me down there, “It’s a bit late now: all the knots are frozen...” :-)

7 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

In all seriousness (ask a silly question, get a silly answer), no we don’t live aboard now (but it’s fine when diesel heater going).

I skied down after a rare snow dump since it was howling 60+ just outside our harbour, then it was forecast later to switch directions to right into the harbour, and build to 50.  So I went down to check lines.  But, as an old geezer who lives aboard his trawler told me down there, “It’s a bit late now: all the knots are frozen...” :-)

That's why you have an axe.

12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

That's why you have an axe.

Blowtorch.

I tie up with stainless steel cables.  (The knots still get stiff and frozen.)

I asked BucketLust if I could raft up to them if I paid the event fees they charge, but they said the cables would scratch their charter boats. (Trying to steer this thread back on topic, to BL, at least a bit.)